PDA

View Full Version : Transfer Rumours 201X Season

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47

El-Pietro
20/01/2017, 10:02 AM
Don't know why he has left exactly, there are so many rumours flying around that its hard to know whats real.

It sounds like we weren't offering him a deal he felt was worth enough and it seems like maybe he and John have clashed. I don't know if either of those are true but they seem to the most common rumours. I'm gutted to lose him as hes such an exciting prospect but we'll survive without him. He'll probably play a lot more football with Limerick than he would with us so this might prove to be a sensible move for him. We'll never know of course because we have no way of knowing how his career would have gone with us.
Disappointing to lose a prospect though.

Mr A
20/01/2017, 10:13 AM
If Cork had offered him a contract matching his old one in time wouldn't they have been due a fee? Seems a bit mad to let him walk.

Longfordian
20/01/2017, 10:17 AM
He would have to have been on pro forms for two seasons and he may not have been.

Lim till i die
20/01/2017, 10:20 AM
Seems a bit mad to let him walk.

When you consider that they lost Stuart Ashton and Colin Healy in recent weeks aswell cork start to look a bit careless.

Jofspring
20/01/2017, 10:33 AM
Paudie O'Connor possibly going the other way?

In that case though would we be due a fee? Not sure what contract he is on but he has been with us 4 years now and has been in the senior team for two solid seasons. Only 20 as well.

El-Pietro
20/01/2017, 11:15 AM
When you consider that they lost Stuart Ashton and Colin Healy in recent weeks aswell cork start to look a bit careless.

Don't think losing Healy means anything. Ashton maybe, but hes gone to be an assistant manager so thats a step up for him.

El-Pietro
20/01/2017, 11:15 AM
He would have to have been on pro forms for two seasons and he may not have been.

This is his first pro contract.

Ezeikial
20/01/2017, 11:31 AM
This is his first pro contract.
For the first pro contract, one year is sufficient to trigger compensation at a lower level.

El-Pietro
20/01/2017, 11:37 AM
Yeah I think we'll get a sub 10k figure.

Longfordian
20/01/2017, 1:00 PM
When you say "this is his first pro contract" do you mean last season or his Limerick contract?

Forgot about that first pro contract rule. Maybe I never knew in the first place, I'm getting old it's hard to tell the difference.

Jofspring
20/01/2017, 1:05 PM
When you say "this is his first pro contract" do you mean last season or his Limerick contract?

Forgot about that first pro contract rule. Maybe I never knew in the first place, I'm getting old it's hard to tell the difference.

Limerick is his first pro contract. Think it's a two year deal also.

El-Pietro
20/01/2017, 2:17 PM
He was an amateur with City last year.

sulywaterfordfc
20/01/2017, 4:33 PM
Sander Puri to Waterford done apparently. No official word from the club yet. http://buzz.ie/waterford-have-seen-off-top-flight-interest-to-sign-international-winger/

Martinho II
20/01/2017, 4:42 PM

why has Colin Healy retired now?

Jofspring
20/01/2017, 5:05 PM
why has Colin Healy retired now?

Nothing official but he hasn't re-signed with Cork yet anyway.

outspoken
20/01/2017, 10:58 PM
Thought he had signed for waterford?

**FrOsTy**
21/01/2017, 7:48 AM
Thought he had signed for waterford?

Healy, could well still sign for Waterford.

His wife is ill though so that is a major factor.

He was offered a player coach role here.

Another factor is Cork are paying for him to do his FAI Coaching Licence.

**FrOsTy**
21/01/2017, 7:50 AM
Kenny Browne is still trying to push a move to Waterford.

New job, and in the process of building a new house. Hates the commute to Cork everyday.

Has had numerous arguments with JC over the release of his contract.

disgruntled
21/01/2017, 8:00 AM

New job, and in the process of building a new house. Hates the commute to Cork everyday.

Waterford have promised him the freedom of the city 😆

PartySaint
25/01/2017, 8:59 AM
Josh O'Hanlon coming to Pats apparently, Longford fans on twitter don't seem to think too much of him?

Longfordian
25/01/2017, 9:20 AM
He was poor in his spell with us last season and his attitude was apparently not great but he could just have been one of many who suffered under Cousins. He did well in his first spell with us as a 17 year old in the First Division.

outspoken
25/01/2017, 1:22 PM
He was poor in his spell with us last season and his attitude was apparently not great but he could just have been one of many who suffered under Cousins. He did well in his first spell with us as a 17 year old in the First Division.

I might have agreed with the cousins thing a while ago but released by Bournemouth and then by Newport County, the worst team in the EFL doesn't do much to disprove his attitude problem. And to be fair, he couldn't get into the worst Longford Town team in history, im sorry but pats want their heads examined if they sign him.

oriel
25/01/2017, 1:57 PM

Seriously? I can't imagine anyone would commute daily that length of journey, Dub to Cork, surely he lived down there at least most of the week?

The McCourt link to Dundalk appears to have gone cold, as does the one on Dave Mooney. SK appears to be happy to go with McMillan and Kilduff again, both vying for the one spot. I think we need a 3rd striker for better options, but I`m not the manager!

patrickccfc
25/01/2017, 2:04 PM
Seriously? I can't imagine anyone would commute daily that length of journey, Dub to Cork, surely he lived down there at least most of the week?

Sure wasn't Postman Dave Rodger's doing that when he was with us? He then shortened the commute a bit by joining limerick.

Charlie Darwin
25/01/2017, 2:12 PM

The McCourt link to Dundalk appears to have gone cold, as does the one on Dave Mooney. SK appears to be happy to go with McMillan and Kilduff again, both vying for the one spot. I think we need a 3rd striker for better options, but I`m not the manager!
Browne is from Waterford so I presume he's lived there while commuting to Cork.

White Horse
25/01/2017, 2:12 PM
The McCourt link to Dundalk appears to have gone cold...

Not quite. McCourt is in Dundalk today, apparently.

Yossarian
25/01/2017, 2:19 PM
Not quite. McCourt is in Dundalk today, apparently.

McCourt is doing pre season with Dundalk and depending on how his fitness is he may be signed.

Longfordian
25/01/2017, 2:37 PM
I might have agreed with the cousins thing a while ago but released by Bournemouth and then by Newport County, the worst team in the EFL doesn't do much to disprove his attitude problem. And to be fair, he couldn't get into the worst Longford Town team in history, im sorry but pats want their heads examined if they sign him.

He's not good enough to play professionally in England in my opinion but I think he's potentially better than he showed with us last year.

dundalkfc10
25/01/2017, 4:01 PM
McCourt is doing pre season with Dundalk and depending on how his fitness is he may be signed.

The Dundalk Democrat have claimed that is not true

sorbothegreek
25/01/2017, 4:02 PM
He's not good enough to play professionally in England in my opinion but I think he's potentially better than he showed with us last year.

I'd agree. There was plenty of ability in him as a 17 year old. He found himself back where he had started last year, it might not make for an ecstatic 20 year old knowing the dream isn't panning out as planned. But that in itself is attitude related as well i suppose.

outspoken
25/01/2017, 6:53 PM
Was he really that good for us in 2013 tho? 22 appearances, 7 goals. Never really started games. Hardly Messi like form or anything. Did we just get a bit carried away? Did sully make him look a much better player?

Martinho II
25/01/2017, 6:57 PM
Was he really that good for us in 2013 tho? 22 appearances, 7 goals. Never really started games. Hardly Messi like form or anything. Did we just get a bit carried away? Did sully make him look a much better player?

I dont think so to be honest in regards to Sully. Sully didnt have the best of seasons with us last year even though he was top scorer. the more I think of it I think everyone got carried away with him all together. I didnt even know that he had left Newport Co at all. Maybe in 2013 Sully carried him over with him as that was his best ever season with us.

Martinho II
25/01/2017, 6:59 PM

I dont think so to be honest in regards to Sully. Sully didnt have the best of seasons with us last year even though he was top scorer. the more I think of it I think everyone got carried away with him all together. I didnt even know that he had left Newport Co at all. Maybe in 2013 Sully carried him over with him as that was his best ever season with us.

Longfordian
25/01/2017, 9:30 PM

He was 17 in fairness. And Bournemouth saw enough in him to give us 50 or 60k for him which was nice of them.

White Horse
25/01/2017, 10:01 PM
The Dundalk Democrat have claimed that is not true

Hmm.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C3DE-UKWQAUMY8v.jpg

PartySaint
26/01/2017, 8:06 AM
Jesus I know Alan Keane done well for Dundalk last season but bringing Ollie Cahill and Stephen McGuiness out of retirement might be a bit of a stretch

Ezeikial
26/01/2017, 8:28 AM
Jesus I know Alan Keane done well for Dundalk last season but bringing Ollie Cahill and Stephen McGuiness out of retirement might be a bit of a stretch

Ollie Cahill is only on trial, but 'Unfinished Business' McGuinness will be a direct replacement for Horgan.

The word is that Cork are now set to concede the title and withdraw to the Munster Senior League

patrickccfc
26/01/2017, 11:15 AM
https://mobile.twitter.com/corkcityfcnews/status/824577800497684480

Can't say I know much about him.. wexford fans?

oldyouth
26/01/2017, 4:52 PM
https://mobile.twitter.com/corkcityfcnews/status/824577800497684480

Can't say I know much about him.. wexford fans?

Excellent prospect. Left Back. Played very well in the year we won the 1st Division at age of 19. Really nice lad and a dedicated footballer, gives everything in training and matches. Physically tall & strong. Not making the squad at Burton

**FrOsTy**
27/01/2017, 9:18 AM
https://www.thesun.ie/sport/491744/cork-city-sign-wexford-youths-centre-back-ryan-delaney-but-may-need-cover-for-kenny-browne/?CMP=spklr-_-default-_-FBPAGE-_-TheIrishSunSport-_-20170127-_-789462905

Kenny Browne to Waterford rumour won't go away, I see it unlikely been honest but we will see.

Waterford also strongly linked with David McDaid from Cliftonville

Jofspring
27/01/2017, 10:02 AM
He played for Cork in a friendly the other night. Hard to know what will happen but if he was likely to leave would Caufield have started him? Heard we had enquired about him as well a few months ago when word was going around he was thinking of moving.

El-Pietro
27/01/2017, 10:49 AM
He played for Cork in a friendly the other night. Hard to know what will happen but if he was likely to leave would Caufield have started him? Heard we had enquired about him as well a few months ago when word was going around he was thinking of moving.

He played in a competitive game against St. Marys in the MSC.

oriel
27/01/2017, 11:37 AM
Would you really rate that competition pre season as competitive El P? Just like the LSC, I would see that as nothing more than one more pre season friendly in the build up to the league kick off.

Anyway, how did he do in the game?

El-Pietro
27/01/2017, 2:19 PM
Would you really rate that competition pre season as competitive El P? Just like the LSC, I would see that as nothing more than one more pre season friendly in the build up to the league kick off.

Anyway, how did he do in the game?
Its a pre season warm up, but it is definitively a competitive game. We can't play triallists in it.

oriel
27/01/2017, 2:21 PM
Ah yes, I see that point now re trial players, fair enough.

White Horse
27/01/2017, 6:10 PM
Rumours in Oriel that Paddy McCourt has signed and that a fee is agreed with Celtic for Duffy.

patrickccfc
28/01/2017, 12:30 PM
https://mobile.twitter.com/CorkCityFC/status/825327186802511873/photo/1

The much sought after Trialist A starting for us today against Waterford

Longfordian
28/01/2017, 1:16 PM
His younger brother is on the bench too

patrickccfc
28/01/2017, 2:21 PM
https://twitter.com/CorkCityFC/status/825358697052372992

I was hoping this would happen

Charlie Darwin
28/01/2017, 2:29 PM
Ollie Cahill is only on trial, but 'Unfinished Business' McGuinness will be a direct replacement for Horgan.

The word is that Cork are now set to concede the title and withdraw to the Munster Senior League
The Munster Senior League title is theirs to lose.