PDA

View Full Version : Transfer Rumours 201X Season

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47

Ezeikial
30/10/2018, 2:49 PM
Usually it's Gannon whose agent is getting onto journalists to spread rumours.

Journos putting words in Bradley's mouth?

Among the many memorably Bradley-Balls in 2018, when talking about trying to sign Sean Gannon:

“If we threw the sink, they must have thrown the rest of a big kitchen.

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer/national-league/shamrock-rovers-and-dundalk-gear-up-for-tasty-old-tie-1.3402492

Charlie Darwin
30/10/2018, 2:54 PM
Gannon's been linked with Rovers every time his contract was up, long before Bradley was in charge.

Asterix
30/10/2018, 2:56 PM
Journos putting words in Bradley's mouth?

Among the many memorably Bradley-Balls in 2018, when talking about trying to sign Sean Gannon:

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer/national-league/shamrock-rovers-and-dundalk-gear-up-for-tasty-old-tie-1.3402492

Maybe you should add the next line in there,“When good players make an approach to you to talk to them, you talk to them; it’s as simple as that,” Bradley continued,

anyway what is so memorable about that. Kennys the one that looks like an idiot from all that.

dundalkfc10
30/10/2018, 3:43 PM
Maybe you should add the next line in there,“When good players make an approach to you to talk to them, you talk to them; it’s as simple as that,” Bradley continued,

anyway what is so memorable about that. Kennys the one that looks like an idiot from all that.

I agree 10 months later
Bradley has finished 3rd (further behind than any of last 2 seasons) and not winning 1 of their 4 big derby games.
Kenny has won the league and in a cup final this weekend.

Kenny looks an awful idiot

Asterix
30/10/2018, 3:59 PM
Well trying to play mind games by bringing up your own players wages isn't the smartest thing to do in my opinion. Never mind saying another club threw a kitchen sink at him but ended up staying, probably for his love of dundalk.

Nesta99
30/10/2018, 4:25 PM
Sure that was all a bit of friendly sparring, just like the way we sign players we dont need ;p

Ezeikial
30/10/2018, 4:50 PM
Gannon's been linked with Rovers every time his contract was up, long before Bradley was in charge.

Maybe Bradley is not the first Rovers manager who struggles to recognise talented players. Which Hoops genius released him prior to the 2013 season?

He has not done too badly since, despite the rejection - including 5 League titles from 2013 to 2018; while he is seeking his second league & cup double at the Aviva next Sunday

Charlie Darwin
30/10/2018, 5:18 PM
Maybe Bradley is not the first Rovers manager who struggles to recognise talented players. Which Hoops genius released him prior to the 2013 season?

He has not done too badly since, despite the rejection - including 5 League titles from 2013 to 2018; while he is seeking his second league & cup double at the Aviva next Sunday
Croly (after being largely overlooked by Kenny in favour of Kerrea Gilbert), and you'd have found very few Hoops fans who agreed with it.

Ezeikial
30/10/2018, 5:56 PM
Croly (after being largely overlooked by Kenny in favour of Kerrea Gilbert), and you'd have found very few Hoops fans who agreed with it.

If only the Hoops fans had more control.......

mcgonigle
30/10/2018, 8:13 PM

Yeah Kenny clearly never rated Gannon....

Charlie Darwin
30/10/2018, 11:15 PM
Yeah Kenny clearly never rated Gannon....
Not that season he didn't. Lots of managers change their minds.

mcgonigle
31/10/2018, 12:34 PM
Not that season he didn't. Lots of managers change their minds.

He clearly did rate him, otherwise he wouldn't have signed him for Dundalk. He obviously didn't think he was ready at Rovers. You can't suggest he signed him based on his time at Pats when he played mostly midfield

Charlie Darwin
01/11/2018, 11:08 AM
He clearly did rate him, otherwise he wouldn't have signed him for Dundalk. He obviously didn't think he was ready at Rovers. You can't suggest he signed him based on his time at Pats when he played mostly midfield
OK, he rated him less than the worst full back I've ever seen in a Rovers shirt. Happy?

mcgonigle
01/11/2018, 11:25 AM
OK, he rated him less than the worst full back I've ever seen in a Rovers shirt. Happy?

Where would that leave him in the list of top fullbacks at Rovers? Top 5?

sbgawa
01/11/2018, 12:15 PM
Where would that leave him in the list of top fullbacks at Rovers? Top 5?

Well you'd have to ask Kenny that but i'm guessing not in the top 5 :)

mcgonigle
01/11/2018, 12:45 PM
Well you'd have to ask Kenny that but i'm guessing not in the top 5 :)

Just as well you've found so many quality fullbacks since or you wouldn't have won half as much!

TonyD
01/11/2018, 10:15 PM
Just to weigh in on the Gannon point, big difference between him six years ago and three years ago. He was second fiddle to Ger O'Brien as right back in his time at Pats, and nobody thought it should be any different.

Longfordian
02/11/2018, 6:22 PM
Town starting their business early by signing up Aaron Dobbs from Shamrock Rovers. Good young player from the little I’ve seen of him, he wasn’t getting much in the way of service at Wexford when he was on loan but he always looked to have something about him. I know he did very well for Rovers at underage level.

Martinho II
02/11/2018, 6:26 PM
delighted with that signing of Aaron Dobbs.. now if we can get Dean Dillon back this time for permanent it will make my day.

Philosophizer
03/11/2018, 2:31 PM
Ali Regba going for a 3-week trial with Middlesbrough, but also being chased by Leeda united and Shams according to the irish Sun.

marinobohs
05/11/2018, 3:35 AM
Ali Regba going for a 3-week trial with Middlesbrough, but also being chased by Leeda united and Shams according to the irish Sun.

Wow, seems like only last week Shams didn’t know his name 😳

TonyD
05/11/2018, 9:03 PM
Wow, seems like only last week Shams didn’t know his name ��

Just seen him the once, against us a few weeks ago. Very impressive. Looked and played like someone in his mid twenties.

Ezeikial
05/11/2018, 9:06 PM
Just seen him the once, against us a few weeks ago. Very impressive. Looked and played like someone in his mid twenties.

Who? The Tallaght PA announcer?

Charlie Darwin
05/11/2018, 9:11 PM
Who? The Tallaght PA announcer?
He'd have slotted into the Pats midfield this year to be fair.

Nesta99
05/11/2018, 10:11 PM
A few Cork lads yesterday were saying that McCormack could be on his way back to Tallaght as one of the bigger earners off the wage bill!?

sbgawa
05/11/2018, 10:23 PM
Would be surprised if that happened we have plenty of midfielders already

Charlie Darwin
05/11/2018, 10:29 PM
Can't see that. We only go back and re-sign former players when they're top class. Like Killian Brennan.

ToberonaTornado
09/11/2018, 9:39 AM
Dundalk confirm Sava has left,hear he's either for Shelbourne or Bray.
Aaron McCarey inbound to take his job at Dundalk

https://twitter.com/DundalkFC/status/1060840251021762561

nigel-harps1954
09/11/2018, 9:15 PM
Sava going from understudy to Rogers to being understudy to Delany? Bray would be more realistic.

Dalymountrower
09/11/2018, 10:02 PM
Conor Kenna to Bohs apparently.Good signing if true.

sbgawa
09/11/2018, 10:12 PM
I guess St joesephs boys will be prety much fully amateur next season. Predictable but dispiriting.

Shearer
10/11/2018, 10:00 AM
I've heard that apparently Dylan McGlade doesn't have the attitude to play in a top side/at the top level. Any truth in it? I can kind of see it myself.

Longfordian
10/11/2018, 11:07 AM
Before last season I would have agreed with you but he was a revelation all year and there was absolutely nothing wrong with his attitude apart from one stupid sending off early on. Very talented player but would need to adjust to the Premier Division. Leave him where he is and see how he continues to develop!

marinobohs
10/11/2018, 12:13 PM
Conor Kenna to Bohs apparently.Good signing if true.

Would be excellent signing especially after our centre half exodus of last week.

Martinho II
10/11/2018, 6:57 PM
I've heard that apparently Dylan McGlade doesn't have the attitude to play in a top side/at the top level. Any truth in it? I can kind of see it myself.

he was superb for us the majority of the last season but in the cup quarter final on the telly I thought his attitude wasnt great tbh. he wasnt the same after that. he wasnt doing as much running,wasnt as vocal. it was as he believed his own publicity. it certainly didnt help matters that he was the focus of attention in the media practically all week.

marinobohs
10/11/2018, 8:59 PM
I guess St joesephs boys will be prety much fully amateur next season. Predictable but dispiriting.
At least they might get through the season. Need to drum up support before they can think about anything near full time. Crowds were appealingly bad.

sbgawa
10/11/2018, 9:26 PM
I honestly think Bray as a club is dead. St joesephs running the show now and their priority will always be sending 15 year olds away for 5 or 10k.
Hopefully I'll be proved wrong as the last thing we need is another club that adds nothing to the league

SkStu
10/11/2018, 11:57 PM
At least they might get through the season. Need to drum up support before they can think about anything near full time. Crowds were appealingly bad.

Great typo! :D

Ezeikial
11/11/2018, 6:55 AM
I honestly think Bray as a club is dead. St joesephs running the show now and their priority will always be sending 15 year olds away for 5 or 10k.
Hopefully I'll be proved wrong as the last thing we need is another club that adds nothing to the league

Far better to keep them for a year or two more and try for the big money?

Whatever will clubs do with players they develop who don't transfer cross channel - maybe play them in their LoI team?

sbgawa
11/11/2018, 8:11 AM
That would be good if it happened keepinkeepinbutg them and playong them in the loi but joeys send their best players over every year even though most just aren't good enough and repeat it every year so I don't see them bringing enough through to make a difference. If you look at their 19s they are terrible. Any late developers will leave to play premier
I know that sounds terribly negative but it's t he way it is with the DDSL clubs.

Like I said hopefully I'm wrong , a few signings will prove that and hopefully we won't have another club sho don't compete

outspoken
12/11/2018, 4:38 AM

He needs a free role to be at his best, you won’t get a lot of defensive work out of him. He’s obviously a talent but some people are getting carried away off the back of half a good season. He’d be as well stay playing under Fenn for another season and then looking to make the jump

Longfordian
12/11/2018, 7:07 AM
Was just listening to his interview on the Greatest League In The World podcast where he’s basically admitted he doesn’t want to defend (apparently he’s not wired to run backwards!) and that he needs to be allowed to “cheat” a bit to be at his most effective. He reckoned Fenn allowed him that freedom so he enjoyed playing under him. Can’t see him being indulged too much at the higher level to be honest . He says he hasn’t ruled out staying at all but he is looking at his options as you’d expect.

Shearer
12/11/2018, 8:16 AM
That was what I heard, I Just couldn't properly recall. That apparently there was a bit of refusal on his part to track back that wouldn't fly anywhere else.

sbgawa
12/11/2018, 10:23 AM
I listened to that as well, Conan Byrne burst out laughing when he said he wasn't "wired to run backwards"
He came accross as a sound guy tbh

Ezeikial
12/11/2018, 10:50 AM
Joe Gormley looks set to be added to the list of potential 20-goal-a-season strikers that Rovers fail to sign

CLIFTONVILLE manager Barry Gray has said striker Joe Gormley is going nowhere as he aims to build a side capable of challenging consistently for the top honours in the Irish League.

Reports over the weekend suggested Shamrock Rovers were preparing a bid for the north Belfast man, but Gray has poured cold water on the idea as the Reds prepare to face Newry City in the Danske Bank Premiership tonight.

https://www.irishnews.com/sport/footballsoccer/2018/11/12/news/cliftonville-manager-barry-gray-rules-out-selling-joe-gormley-1482633/

micls
12/11/2018, 12:04 PM
Rumour of Daire O Connor to us from UCD. Dunno much about him. What's he like?

brendy_éire
12/11/2018, 12:13 PM
Joe Gormley looks set to be added to the list of potential 20-goal-a-season strikers that Rovers fail to sign

Also heard rumours he was heading to ourselves.
Can't see him staying in the IL for too much longer.

Ezeikial
12/11/2018, 12:22 PM

Cork might be chasing the wrong UCD midfielder. Gary O'Neill and Greg Sloggett were the stand-out UCD players in the cup semi in Oriel. Daire O'Connor made a low key appearance in the last 10 minutes of that game

White Horse
12/11/2018, 12:24 PM

Nice player from what I've seen of him. A good powerful runner from midfield who can go past players, technically good as you would expect from a UCD player. I can see him doing well for Cork.

brendy_éire
12/11/2018, 12:38 PM
Barry McNamee coming "closer to home". Derry or Sligo, we hear.

https://www.derryjournal.com/sport/football/derry-city/caulfield-expects-barry-mcnamee-to-join-a-team-closer-to-home-1-8701905

Would be very happy to have him back.