PDA

View Full Version : Transfer Rumours 201X Season

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47

Philosophizer
23/11/2016, 3:44 PM
He didn't play once as a striker for Pats, and his last decent performance was in April.

Might do well back in Derry but was extremely poor for Pats
Never started as a striker no, but there were definitely games where he would end up along side Fagan up front. Whether that was an instruction from Buckley or he was drifting out of position for long periods i don't know....

desaintsno.12
23/11/2016, 4:02 PM
Never started as a striker no, but there were definitely games where he would end up along side Fagan up front. Whether that was an instruction from Buckley or he was drifting out of position for long periods i don't know....

I never noticed this happen. Anyway, won't be sad to see him go. He was a massive disappointment IMO and went totally AWOL way too often when he was playing.

Ezeikial
23/11/2016, 4:30 PM
In the first league meeting between St Pats and Dundalk in March at Inchicore, Mark Timlin was outstanding on the right wing against Dane Massey. Even though Dundalk ran out 4-0 winners, Timlin was the stand-out player in the first half' I thought that if he maintained that performance he would make the Team of the Year.

There is a marvelous talent there, waiting for the right manager to draw it out on a regular basis

Dodge
23/11/2016, 5:15 PM

That didn't happen> he played centrally sometimes, but never up front along side Fagan

In the first league meeting between St Pats and Dundalk in March at Inchicore, Mark Timlin was outstanding on the right wing against Dane Massey. Even though Dundalk ran out 4-0 winners, Timlin was the stand-out player in the first half' I thought that if he maintained that performance he would make the Team of the Year.

There is a marvelous talent there, waiting for the right manager to draw it out on a regular basis
He was excellent in that game., and pretty good in Tallaght when we beat Rovers. They were aberrations in his season

Olander
23/11/2016, 6:59 PM
Two players who never really caught fire at Pats were Mark Timlin and David Cawley, which was bizarre.

Last year Timlin was electric, he must've scored at least 10 goals for Derry and he was probably their player of the year.

Anytime I've seen Cawley playing for Sligo he's come across as a very accomplished player, won the league, Cups and even captained them I believe.

Surely they didn't turn into bad players overnight?

shep
23/11/2016, 9:26 PM
Heard Fagan staying at Pats and Hoare and Dylan Connolly are off to Dundalk

Yossarian
23/11/2016, 10:20 PM
Heard the Hoare one aswell. Waiting for him to get back from holidays apparently.

Jofspring
24/11/2016, 8:03 AM
Can't see Fagan wanting to leave Pats. He is on good pay and can work as well. Would need to be a serious bump in wages to get him to leave. Dundalk probably the only team that could get him to move.

brendy_éire
24/11/2016, 9:03 AM
Roddy Collins interviewed for the Portadown job. Could be an interesting one.

Mr A
24/11/2016, 10:07 AM
Just when you think that club could not get any more shambolically* mental!

* May not be a word. It is now though.

Mark
25/11/2016, 9:25 AM
Several Dundalk fans last night said they've heard Hoare is heading to Oriel Park. Fagan hasn't made up his mind yet. He'll stay or its off to Bray or Rovers i'd imagine. Dundalk aren't interested though Limerick are.

PartySaint
25/11/2016, 2:21 PM
Christy Fagan :)

White Horse
25/11/2016, 2:25 PM
Great re-signing by Pats.

Yossarian
25/11/2016, 2:30 PM
Good signing alright, for two years aswell.

sbgawa
25/11/2016, 3:02 PM
Fair play to Pats, that's one against the head

Ezeikial
25/11/2016, 4:33 PM
Fair play to Pats, that's one against the head

Is it?

Who did you expect him to sign for?

placid casual
25/11/2016, 5:21 PM
Good man Christy , that taxi wont drive itself!

should Inchicore now be twinned with Swansea, the "graveyard of ambition"?

sbgawa
25/11/2016, 5:49 PM
Is it?

Dundalk. Cork derry Rovers bray sligo limerick

Dodge
25/11/2016, 6:58 PM

Well he's won every competition already with them so he can do whatever he likes

TonyD
25/11/2016, 7:03 PM
Is it?

Fully expected him to sign for yourselves. Strange to think Kenny seemingly wasn't interested, but I'm not complaining.:D

Best signing we could have made.

TonyD
25/11/2016, 7:05 PM

Ah, now, don't be bitter :D

placid casual
25/11/2016, 8:19 PM
no problem admitting, i would have loved to see him at Rovers.:(
He is , by a considerable distance the best striker in the league- would have got a hatrick against Az last night, for example.

every club wanted him, and he stayed where he is. A sense of loyalty, or wanting to keep the taxi gig?

Judging by your other signings, cregg & peers,and potentially losing Hoare, lets just say I don't think Pats will be troubling the scorers.

White Horse
25/11/2016, 9:27 PM
Judging by your other signings, cregg & peers,and potentially losing Hoare, lets just say I don't think Pats will be troubling the scorers.

Jeez, Christy staying at Pats really hurt you.

Ezeikial
25/11/2016, 9:41 PM
Fully expected him to sign for yourselves. Strange to think Kenny seemingly wasn't interested, but I'm not complaining.:D

Best signing we could have made.

I don't understand why Stephen Kenny appeared to be disinterested in Christy Fagan - when he is fit he is clearly the best striker in the league.

Kenny has been remarkable in his player signings at Dundalk - I'll continue to trust his judgement

every club wanted him, and he stayed where he is. A sense of loyalty, or wanting to keep the taxi gig?

I find it hard to imagine that Dundalk wanted to sign Fagan but were unable to persuade him and/or meet his wage demands.

El-Pietro
25/11/2016, 10:24 PM
no problem admitting, i would have loved to see him at Rovers.:(
He is , by a considerable distance the best striker in the league- would have got a hatrick against Az last night, for example.

He's the best finisher in the league, by a comfortable margin. I don't know that I'd agree hes the best striker. I think Maguire has a better all around game.
Theres also the injury concerns with Fagan.

Lim till i die
25/11/2016, 10:41 PM
I think my teams player is better than another teams player.

placid casual
26/11/2016, 6:51 AM
Jeez, Christy staying at Pats really hurt you.
You're not great at getting the point of things, are you WH.

TonyD
26/11/2016, 9:50 AM
He's the best finisher in the league, by a comfortable margin. I don't know that I'd agree hes the best striker. I think Maguire has a better all around game.
Theres also the injury concerns with Fagan.

Fagans all round game is very good. Also, he's done it consistently for 4/5 years. Maguire has had one good season. I wouldn't swap.

White Horse
26/11/2016, 10:07 AM
Fagans all round game is very good. Also, he's done it consistently for 4/5 years. Maguire has had one good season. I wouldn't swap.

I don't blame you.

Fagan is the top striker in Ireland, by some distance.

sbgawa
26/11/2016, 10:29 AM
Unfortunately being the best striker in our league is a prety low bar. He scored 10 league goals last season including 2 in the last match against dundalk reserves.
I would have liked him at rovers to but sean boyd is a fantastic prospect and I'M kinda happy at the prospect of seeing him mature next season.

sbgawa
26/11/2016, 10:40 AM
And that's not bitterness btw boyd scored 5 goals in half as many starts and can only get better. Fagan would have been expensive for us paupers and is not going to suddenly become prolific.

sadloserkid
26/11/2016, 10:49 AM
I think my teams player is better than another teams player.

Well I think my team's player is the exact equal of your team's player.

White Horse
26/11/2016, 10:49 AM
And that's not bitterness btw boyd scored 5 goals in half as many starts and can only get better. Fagan would have been expensive for us paupers and is not going to suddenly become prolific.

It's a fair point about the number and quality of the top strikers in the league.

Charlie Darwin
29/11/2016, 6:52 PM
Fagan would be a top striker in better leagues than ours, in my opinion. Disappointed we didn't get him after the rumours but I'm not surprised he's stayed at Pats.

brendy_éire
30/11/2016, 8:31 AM
Kenny Shiels on Radio Foyle:
"Mark Timlim is close to signing.....I don't know if I'm allowed to say that." Gold!

SFC16
01/12/2016, 5:33 AM
Ramblers keeping Donnelan and Matthew Whelan is huge great work done by Hendo and the club there, Shane O'Connor is gone- most likely to Bohs.

Cosmo
01/12/2016, 6:14 AM
Griffin back for next season and we signed Conor Kane from Pats. Anyone know if Kane is any use? (he's only 17! We'll have a very young squad again next year)

http://www.droghedaunited.ie/news/post.php?s=2016-11-28-griffin-re-signs-as-kane-joins-drogs

Dodge
01/12/2016, 8:26 AM
Kane's 18. He started with Pats u17s and made the transition to the u19s. He's in the Ireland u19 squad for the last few months. He looks a great prospect. He made his senior debut in the 8-0 FAI Cup win over Pike earlier this year and I know everyone at Pats thinks he has a bright future

White Horse
01/12/2016, 11:03 AM
http://www.dundalkfc.com/barrett-agrees-new-deal/

Paddy Barrett signs back for another year with The Town. Cork tried hard to get his signature and this is probably an indication that Andy Boyle is going to England.

Northsider
01/12/2016, 11:41 AM
Is Shane O'Connor any good? What type of player is he?

gormacha
01/12/2016, 12:06 PM
Paddy Barrett signs back for another year with The Town. Cork tried hard to get his signature and this is probably an indication that Andy Boyle is going to England.

I'd like to see him get an extended run of first team football for someone - ye obviously, as he's signed.

He looks like a really decent player, but hasn't had anything like the amount of game time to help his development.

nigel-harps1954
01/12/2016, 12:10 PM
Ethan Boyle signed for Harps for another year amid rumoured interest from Waterford. Young player of the year last year at Harps, he's a lad with a lot of potential.

Ezeikial
01/12/2016, 2:36 PM
http://www.dundalkfc.com/barrett-agrees-new-deal/

I'd like to see him get an extended run of first team football for someone - ye obviously, as he's signed.

He looks like a really decent player, but hasn't had anything like the amount of game time to help his development.

Barrett played in 31 games this season (very few of them substitute appearances), but has found it hard to displace Boyle and Gartland when all are fit and available.

Even if Andy Boyle moves cross-channel it is not a certainty that Barrett would be first choice, as it is likely another centre back would be signed. The Sean Hoare rumours continue - it could be an interesting battle for places in the Dundalk defence next season

gormacha
01/12/2016, 3:47 PM
Barrett played in 31 games this season (very few of them substitute appearances), but has found it hard to displace Boyle and Gartland when all are fit and available.

Really? I would have guessed at about 18/20. My sense of it obviously skewed by distance/tv/etc.

Still needs to be first choice somewhere to develop. Has all the tools.

KBurke
01/12/2016, 4:28 PM
Rumors that Stephen Folan is signing for Bray from Galway

Ezeikial
01/12/2016, 4:35 PM

Have they new American benefactors?

oriel
01/12/2016, 5:15 PM
Really? I would have guessed at about 18/20. My sense of it obviously skewed by distance/tv/etc.

Still needs to be first choice somewhere to develop. Has all the tools.

Don't forget Dundalk will have played over 50 matches in 2016, and Barrett played in Europe quite a lot when Gartland was injured. This is a great re-signing for Dundalk. You need quality back up in most key positions.

Charlie Darwin
01/12/2016, 5:22 PM
Have they new American benefactors?
No, Irish property developers.

Longfordian
01/12/2016, 5:31 PM
Shamrock Rovers considering trying to sign "old favourite" Dave Mooney in January as per the Indo. He's under contract though so would have to come to an arrangement with Southend. Not sure he's been such a favourite of most Rovers fans since he joined us back in 2005 to be honest.

dublinwanderer
01/12/2016, 9:21 PM

Don't know much about him, what's he like/positions etc??