PDA

View Full Version : James McClean M Wrexham b.1989

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73

BonnieShels
07/02/2012, 11:21 PM
Can we start referring to the Manager of the Senior Men's team of the Irish Football Association as Mick/Michael and the Manager of Sunderland Association Football Club as Marty/Martin because when I can't read the links in work I get fierce confused as to who's saying what now.

geysir
07/02/2012, 11:26 PM
If it makes perfect sense it's Martin, if he's selling Norn Iron as the gateway to fame and fortune, then it's Michael.

ArdeeBhoy
07/02/2012, 11:32 PM
I "bump into" people from a Nationalist/Republican background every day in my working life..

In fact, I couldn't envisage a day in my life where I don't "bump into" Nationalists/Republicans in Northern Ireland.

Not one of them has "revoked" their British Citizenship.

I wonder why?

Even assuming that's true, why don't just you ask them them...
:rolleyes:

See my response to the spurious reply below, in the 'Eligibility' thread.

Not Brazil
07/02/2012, 11:42 PM
Even assuming that's true, why don't just you ask them them...
:rolleyes:

Oh, it's true.

What do you suggest I ask them them?

Have you formally revoked your British Citizenship, by sending the necessary documentation to HM Home Office? :D

Followed by a "why not?":D

gastric
08/02/2012, 1:05 AM
Would it be better to debate this nationality question on the eligibilty thread rather than on this thread about one of our new superstars?

SkStu
08/02/2012, 1:54 AM
yes, please keep eligibility discussions to the eligibility thread please and thanks! It was going so well there for a while and im sure no-one wants to have me complaining about it all over again...!!

Closed Account
08/02/2012, 8:50 AM
Kilbane: There's no reason why McClean can't be in the Republic of Ireland squad

http://www.talksport.co.uk/radio/sports-breakfast/blog/2012-02-08/kilbane-theres-no-reason-why-mcclean-cant-be-republic-ireland-squad

seanfhear
08/02/2012, 8:53 AM
Kilbane: There's no reason why McClean can't be in the Republic of Ireland squad

http://www.talksport.co.uk/radio/sports-breakfast/blog/2012-02-08/kilbane-theres-no-reason-why-mcclean-cant-be-republic-ireland-squadIf Kevin Kilbane says it then thats good enough for me.

punkrocket
08/02/2012, 11:25 AM
As for the Uj, that's only one flag anyway;there's only limited explanation or relevance for the Scottish (Saltire & Lion Rampant, FFS), English, Israeli or Dutch flags. And even the Stars & Stripes...

Certain Scots & Americans would take great umbrage at such dubious association.

I wonder what would happen if the folks of say, Short Strand or Creggan added Pakistani flags to their portfolio?

punkrocket
08/02/2012, 11:44 AM
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/feb/07/tony-mowbray-middlesbrough-james-mcclean

The model footballer.

ArdeeBhoy
08/02/2012, 12:07 PM
Don't understand your flags comment, punkrocket.
Perhaps you would be good enough to not the above posts and explain in the 'Eligibility' thread?

punkrocket
08/02/2012, 1:00 PM
Don't understand your flags comment, punkrocket.
Perhaps you would be good enough to not the above posts and explain in the 'Eligibility' thread?
AB are you asking me to perform some kinda technical task here, because I have to warn you, I've barely got the hang of quoting right. If mods could do it? Might be a bit tangental to jump into the other thread with this so if you don't mind..? Creggan was mentioned after all.
Anyway the flags thing. As I'm sure you've noticed there's a bit of tit for tat to the whole dog's pi$$ing on a lampost territorial marking that goes on up here, Tricolour v Union Jack, Palestine v Israel etc etc so just for the hell of it I was wondering what would happen if a Pakistani flag appeared in a republican area, would loyalists reciprocate with the banner of their sworn enemies the colours of which happen to be....

Not the same when you have to explain the punchline.

The Fly
08/02/2012, 1:23 PM
Anyway the flags thing. As I'm sure you've noticed there's a bit of tit for tat to the whole dog's pi$$ing on a lampost territorial marking that goes on up here, Tricolour v Union Jack, Palestine v Israel etc etc so just for the hell of it I was wondering what would happen if a Pakistani flag appeared in a republican area, would loyalists reciprocate with the banner of their sworn enemies the colours of which happen to be....

A better scenario would be if the Ivory Coast decided to invade one of its neighbours and.........you know the rest.

punkrocket
08/02/2012, 1:40 PM
That's right, but I didn't really want to start inventing conflicts for the hell of it.

The Fly
08/02/2012, 2:03 PM
That's right, but I didn't really want to start inventing conflicts for the hell of it.

OK, for the purposes of this discussion lets just leave it centred around the potential for real death and destruction. ;)

Not Brazil
08/02/2012, 5:29 PM
I genuinely wish McClean no ill.

However, someone would do well to tell him to catch himself on, and not get involved in spurious mud slinging and unfounded accusations on Twitter.

He's a bit of growing up to do.

seanfhear
08/02/2012, 6:02 PM

However, someone would do well to tell him to catch himself on, and not get involved in spurious mud slinging and unfounded accusations on Twitter.

He's a bit of growing up to do.It might be no harm to tell Colin Murray to catch himself on while your at it.

Not Brazil
08/02/2012, 6:07 PM
It might be no harm to tell Colin Murray to catch himself on while your at it.

If Colin starts tweeting unfounded allegations against Republic of Ireland fans, pertaining to death threats, I will.

Sullivinho
08/02/2012, 6:40 PM
He shouldn't be giving the time of day to some of them upstarts in twitland. Save it for the left wing James!

Charlie Darwin
08/02/2012, 6:42 PM

Just looks like harmless banter to me. It's not as if he's on Twitter to promote his brand like Rio Ferdinand - he's just having a laugh like most people on there.

Not Brazil
08/02/2012, 7:15 PM
Just looks like harmless banter to me. It's not as if he's on Twitter to promote his brand like Rio Ferdinand - he's just having a laugh like most people on there.

Let me get this straight - young James ****ed his nappy at a football pundit calling him Northern Irish, but has "a laugh" at making spurious, totally unfounded, allegations about Northern Ireland fans making death threats?

Charlie Darwin
08/02/2012, 7:20 PM
Well they were hardly GAA fans sending bullets, were they?

Not Brazil
08/02/2012, 7:28 PM
Well they were hardly GAA fans sending bullets, were they?

Pathetic.

Have you any evidence to support McClean's outrageous allegations?

Thought not.

Philly
08/02/2012, 7:38 PM

I agree. Saw his Twitter account last night and someone needs to pull him aside and tell him to quit it. He is getting inundated with abuse from a tiny minority of of NI folk, but he should know there is no point in responding. I'm surprised clubs aren't providing social media training or guidelines to their players yet, some like McClean really need it.

Back to football though, he is playing tonight v. Middlesbrough.

Charlie Darwin
08/02/2012, 7:53 PM
Pathetic.

Have you any evidence to support McClean's outrageous allegations?

Thought not.
Fine. We have no proof of what sports team, if any, the people who sent death threats to Northern Ireland internationals at Celtic Football Club supported.

geysir
08/02/2012, 8:15 PM
Let me get this straight - young James ****ed his nappy at a football pundit calling him Northern Irish, but has "a laugh" at making spurious, totally unfounded, allegations about Northern Ireland fans making death threats?

There is no evidence to suggest that James has "****ed his nappy at a football pundit calling him Northern Irish" either in the literal sense or the figurative sense.
I suggest that it is you who are displaying an obsessive voyeuristic fascination with all things James and surmising how he must be feeling.

I hope (for the sake of world peace) that those overly reactive 'NI fans' will behave themselves and refrain from sending bullets of hate to James in the post.

co. down green
08/02/2012, 8:55 PM

jaysus calm down NB, the false outrage does not become you!

Perhaps one of these upstanding fans (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3ZgfdQeBjs) should pen a letter of protest to the Belfast Newsletter ;)

tricky_colour
08/02/2012, 9:04 PM
Looks like Sunderland are through

Not Brazil
08/02/2012, 9:05 PM
Fine. We have no proof of what sports team, if any, the people who sent death threats to Northern Ireland internationals at Celtic Football Club supported.

That's correct.

Carrigaline
08/02/2012, 9:10 PM
Is anyone watching Sunderland tonight? I wasn't able to find a feed.

Not Brazil
08/02/2012, 9:11 PM
jaysus calm down NB, the false outrage does not become you!

Throwing around such unfounded allegations says plenty about McClean - but deflect that all you like.

Sullivinho
08/02/2012, 9:18 PM
Is anyone watching Sunderland tonight? I wasn't able to find a feed.

They've beaten Middlesbrough 2-1 after extra time. I watched it on ITV, they get a fair few of the FA Cup games on there.

Carrigaline
08/02/2012, 9:21 PM
How did McClean do, heard Tardelli was watching?

tricky_colour
08/02/2012, 9:26 PM
I didn't think McClean had a great deal of involvement in this one, he hardly ever seemed
to get the ball and when I thought there was a chance of a pass to him it was never made,
I think he was being closely marked though, I think he saw a bit more of the ball later on but
I had kind of lost interest in the game at that stage. A fairly quite game for him I'd say.

Charlie Darwin
08/02/2012, 9:35 PM
He was bright early and late on but was quiet enough in the middle. He did put in a super cross that Turner should have converted just after half time. He came infield a lot, which he likes to do but I think tonight was mainly because Hoyte and McMahon (?) had him well marshalled.

Predator
08/02/2012, 9:57 PM
Throwing around such unfounded allegations says plenty about McClean - but deflect that all you like.Go on NB, tell us what "plenty" you think it says about him.

I think it is clear that McClean is not necessarily the sharpest tool in the box. He, like the average Cregganite of his age, has grown up hearing almost nothing but bad news stories about Northern Ireland fans (whose fault is that?). A few Celtic players, including former Derry players McCourt and McGinn have been targetted by god-knows-who. Clearly, that concerns him as someone from a similar background.

DannyInvincible
08/02/2012, 10:00 PM
Throwing around such unfounded allegations says plenty about McClean - but deflect that all you like.

It's possibly more misinformed than malicious, to be fair.

Not Brazil
08/02/2012, 10:02 PM
Go on NB, tell us what "plenty" you think it says about him.

I think it is clear that McClean is not necessarily the sharpest tool in the box.

Let's just leave it at that.

co. down green
08/02/2012, 10:22 PM

No deflection. The fact is that those NI supporters who sang sectarian songs and waved orange order flags in the Aviva Stadium are probably the same type of people who may see no wrong in sending bullets in the post to celtic players. It's a sectarian thing, whatever the particular jersey they are wearing, or event they are attending.

Not Brazil
08/02/2012, 10:43 PM
No deflection. The fact is that those NI supporters who sang sectarian songs and waved orange order flags in the Aviva Stadium are probably the same type of people who may see no wrong in sending bullets in the post to celtic players. It's a sectarian thing, whatever the particular jersey they are wearing, or event they are attending.

Try that in a Court.

Is it fair to say that the South'a supporters who chanted about "up the RA" in the Aviva are the kind of people who support sectarian murder?

Or the South's fans who chanted about hating Brits in Germany are the kind of people who hate the British populace of this island, whom they claim to wish to be united with?

How's about we just agree that McClean made totally unfounded allegations about Northern Ireland fans, and that You Tube wars about sectarianism will bring no victor?

PS: No orange in my National Flag.

PPS: Search Northern Ireland fans Paddy MCCourt in You Tube.

Irish_Praha
08/02/2012, 10:47 PM
Lads cop on, we don't want the forum being ruined again by every second thread being taken over with this type of debate. There is a thread for this already please discuss it there.

How did McClean play tonight?

Charlie Darwin
08/02/2012, 10:49 PM
How did McClean play tonight?
He was very sectarian.

ArdeeBhoy
08/02/2012, 11:01 PM
Lads cop on, we don't want the forum being ruined again by every second thread being taken over with this type of debate. There is a thread for this already please discuss it there.

You make a good point. However as everyone should it realise be in Derry or Durban, football or sport is not always just about the game. Sometimes there are wider issues at stake.
That includes threats against the person, spurious or otherwise.

co. down green
08/02/2012, 11:30 PM

Perhaps you should take that one up with your vice-president (http://media.photobucket.com/image/irish%20football%20association%20raymond%20kennedy %20orange%20order/Mr_Parker2006/idiotface1.jpg)

Not Brazil
08/02/2012, 11:34 PM
Perhaps you should take that one up with your vice-president (http://media.photobucket.com/image/irish%20football%20association%20raymond%20kennedy %20orange%20order/Mr_Parker2006/idiotface1.jpg)

No orange in his National Flag either.

Maybe not the best of ideas for you to go down that route - you know, the secret, sectarian, society, route. You might get trapped.

co. down green
08/02/2012, 11:50 PM
No orange in his National Flag either.

Maybe not the best of ideas for you to go down that route - you know, the secret, sectarian, society, route. You might get trapped.

No apologies in showing how the IFA have an underbelly of orange order type influence.

Not Brazil
08/02/2012, 11:56 PM
No apologies in showing how the IFA have an underbelly of orange order type influence.

No orange in my National Flag.

Right, now that we've learnt that IFA HQ is really an Orange Hall, I'm going to leave this thread, and your "Old Skool" bigotry, and allow the discussion to be about your exciting young player's on field activities.

co. down green
09/02/2012, 12:03 AM
allow the discussion to be about your exciting young player's on field activities.

I just hope you mend your differences with your boys over on owc in the near future. You seem lost for an online home! :)

youngirish
09/02/2012, 12:11 AM
Try that in a Court.

Is it fair to say that the South'a supporters who chanted about "up the RA" in the Aviva are the kind of people who support sectarian murder?

Or the South's fans who chanted about hating Brits in Germany are the kind of people who hate the British populace of this island, whom they claim to wish to be united with?

How's about we just agree that McClean made totally unfounded allegations about Northern Ireland fans, and that You Tube wars about sectarianism will bring no victor?

PPS: Search Northern Ireland fans Paddy MCCourt in You Tube.

The sun must shine bright up in Windsor Park on International match days when all those Northern Irish fans stand up off their seats. How do you know a Northern Irish fan didn't send bullets? Do you have some divine all seeing, all knowing power when it comes to all things concerned with every individual who's a supporter of Northern Ireland?

Not Brazil
09/02/2012, 12:32 AM
The sun must shine bright up in Windsor Park on International match days when all those Northern Irish fans stand up off their seats. How do you know a Northern Irish fan didn't send bullets? Do you have some divine all seeing, all knowing power when it comes to all things concerned with every individual who's a supporter of Northern Ireland?

The onus of proof is on the person making the allegation.

Are you familiar with that fundamental tenet of law?

Goodnight.