PDA

View Full Version : James McClean M Wrexham b.1989

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73

SwanVsDalton
13/09/2012, 3:59 PM
http://www.balls.ie/2012/09/12/is-this-the-real-james-mcclean-in-the-middle-of-another-social-media-mess/

Brilliant! I watched that unfold on my Facebook page the other day. Good to see it outlined.

For the record, I think McClean is a genuinely exciting player albeit overhyped in some ways (he's not the messiah etc). However I think if his Twitter outburst and subsequent Facebook meltdown shows anything, it's that he is seriously lacking in maturity and a bit of common sense. Hopefully those things will develop but it's doesn't fill anyone with confidence that he can do a disciplined job for the team.

theworm2345
13/09/2012, 4:01 PM
As far as I am concerned Twitter is the worst thing to happen to individuals (especially famous ones) in a long time. Really can't understand the attraction to it unless you're just following people like journalists or news sources.

Junior
13/09/2012, 6:39 PM
Next he'll be donning the "Why always me hey?" T Shirt........

johnnyc
13/09/2012, 6:39 PM
Yeah, as I was reading through that piece I was hoping "please, please don't be the real McClean". He's a young lad, clearly passionate about his country and his football but somebody has to help him deal with this stuff. Don't know if I read it on here or heard it on Off The Ball, but apparently McCarthy wouldn't let Wolves players use the likes of Twitter without going on a course regarding proper usage first! Again, James is a young man - he'll learn and will probably end up captaining his country one day. The like of Barton and Ferdinand have no excuse however.

Charlie Darwin
13/09/2012, 6:44 PM
Martin O'Neill with a somewhat light-hearted condemnation of McClean's behaviour: http://www.irishtimes.com/sports/soccer/2012/0913/1224324003464.html

Bucky-O'Hare
13/09/2012, 9:27 PM
McClean was used as a sub in the first game after he broke into the Sunderland team and has since started two friendlies as well as getting a run out at the Euros. That is a hell of a lot more of an opportunity than a lot of Irish players get. There is a huge void in the team where Duff used to be and the fact is that Cox offers more in the way of technical ability and ball retention, both of which we are sorely lacking since Duff's departure. McClean has his own talents - he can score goals, but he is also impetuous and gives the ball away cheaply, neither an attribute Cox has displayed to date.

McLean will have a good career in the EPL injury permitting. I'd bet that Cox will never grace the EPL again because he isn't good enough. McLean might not be Duff at his peak but he's as good as we've got.

Bucky-O'Hare
13/09/2012, 9:34 PM
Brilliant! I watched that unfold on my Facebook page the other day. Good to see it outlined.

For the record, I think McClean is a genuinely exciting player albeit overhyped in some ways (he's not the messiah etc). However I think if his Twitter outburst and subsequent Facebook meltdown shows anything, it's that he is seriously lacking in maturity and a bit of common sense. Hopefully those things will develop but it's doesn't fill anyone with confidence that he can do a disciplined job for the team.

It's his football brain that matters. I think I like him more after that wee outburst. Especially his respone to your man Gerard about girls only wanting his wallet, ha, you can take a man outa Creggan...

Charlie Darwin
13/09/2012, 9:43 PM
McLean will have a good career in the EPL injury permitting. I'd bet that Cox will never grace the EPL again because he isn't good enough. McLean might not be Duff at his peak but he's as good as we've got.
I'd take Coleman ahead of him and possibly Brady too, though it's too early to judge him. Cox is a very good player - he'll probably split his time between the EPL and Championship like Kevin Doyle.

Crosby87
13/09/2012, 10:35 PM
As far as that facebook war ....can someone clue me in? Who is the other guy he is arguing with?
I realize he supposedly insulted one place over the other or whatever, But I dont get it. :confused2:

DannyInvincible
13/09/2012, 11:43 PM
As far as that facebook war ....can someone clue me in? Who is the other guy he is arguing with?
I realize he supposedly insulted one place over the other or whatever, But I dont get it. :confused2:

The Agony Aunt-style letter was a spoof written, not by McClean, but by Pure Derry, a satirical online news source. The gag obviously flew right over James' head and he got into an argument over their purporting to be him. You probably don't get it due to the local references and in-jokes.

In oller words, ye'd prolly needy be from Derry, hi! :)

Colbert Report
14/09/2012, 4:07 AM
McClean is a good footballer but he needs to give his head a shake, what does he stand to gain by swearing on facebook? He should have a a private account or use a fake name, or better yet, not have an account at all. Facebook and Twitter is like a loaded gun for famous people, I can't understand why they use them.

ArdeeBhoy
14/09/2012, 10:38 AM
It's called 'freedom of choice'...

Manblue
14/09/2012, 11:21 AM
The lad needs took take a serious look at himself regarding social media and realise he is a premier league player and not playing in some local league in Northern Ireland. Premier League players all have to put up with an incredible amount of stick regardless of how good or bad they are. Not that i'm comparing him to any of the following but if Nasri, Bale or Giggs and co spent time writing back to all the silly jokes about them or criticisms they wouldn't ever make it on to a pitch.
Its not right that it happens but its part and parcel of his big pay packet so he should deal with it.
If he wants to minimize this abuse simply remove himself from twitter (may have done so), Facebook and dont read forums its simple.

Regarding his playing ability, for me he plays like he interacts on social media...braindead.
Cant see him having as big an impact on the league this year as players will have sussed out his direct style and O Neills tactics.
A short term average solution to a long running problem on the left side of our pitch.

Bucky-O'Hare
14/09/2012, 12:45 PM
Regarding his playing ability, for me he plays like he interacts on social media...braindead.

Na lad that statement is braindead, not James football ability. Since when is being able to take a player on and deliver a cross brain dead. Fair enough you don't need a great brain to work as hard as James does but his work ethic is just another asset of his.

Bucky-O'Hare
14/09/2012, 12:47 PM
It's called 'freedom of choice'...

Where's the like button.

Manblue
22/09/2012, 4:05 PM
Sunderland fans very unhappy with him of late...

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=731816&page=8

tetsujin1979
22/09/2012, 4:35 PM
Was criticised by the reporter on Premier League Live as well today, said he lost the head a little when he had a great chance to score, and made some bad decisions

theworm2345
22/09/2012, 4:48 PM
Was criticised by the reporter on Premier League Live as well today, said he lost the head a little when he had a great chance to score, and made some bad decisions
I saw a decent amount of the match and he was poor. Just dribbling with his head down and losing the ball.

Irwin3
22/09/2012, 8:16 PM
From what I saw of Sunderland last week I'm not surprised that he is in a rut along with his teammates. That CM pairing of theirs was dire. Cattermole and Colback were probably the worst CM partnership performance that I have seen in the EPL. On a side note, it's not looking good for Meyler at Sunderland if he can't break through ahead of either of them.

Murfinator
23/09/2012, 12:24 AM
I saw a decent amount of the match and he was poor. Just dribbling with his head down and losing the ball.

That's a pretty accurate summary of what I've always seen from him anytime I've watched him, hence why the hype around him has me confused. What's his game on a good day?

Charlie Darwin
25/09/2012, 8:29 PM
Put Sunderland 2-0 up against MK Dons:

​From BBC: GOAL - MK Dons 0-2 Sunderland - James McClean (82 mins) Sunderland may be down to 10 men following Lee Cattermole's first-half red card, but they are surely through to the fourth round. James McClean extends their lead at MK Dons, finishing a fine run with a left-foot shot from a tight angle.

SkStu
29/09/2012, 3:15 PM
McClean sets up Stephen Fletcher's goal for Sunderland with a "strong run and low cross".

Charlie Darwin
29/09/2012, 3:28 PM
That should really be "trademark strong run and low cross." It's his special move, like Ryu's Hadouken.

DeLorean
29/09/2012, 11:32 PM
That low cross was a shot I would think.

Manblue
06/10/2012, 1:06 PM
Really is having a mare again today.

tetsujin1979
06/10/2012, 1:19 PM
Tevez playing absolutely imperiously for City

SwanVsDalton
06/10/2012, 1:24 PM
Really is having a mare again today.

Sunderland are getting monstered and poor Carlos Cuellar is King of the Mares.

TrapAPony
19/10/2012, 2:01 AM
Was McClean snubbed again by Ireland boss Trapattoni?
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2219916/Was-James-McClean-snubbed-Ireland-boss-Giovanni-Trapattoni.html

gastric
19/10/2012, 3:10 AM
Was McClean snubbed again by Ireland boss Trapattoni?
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2219916/Was-James-McClean-snubbed-Ireland-boss-Giovanni-Trapattoni.html

Trap's response may be, who is this McClean you mention?

tetsujin1979
19/10/2012, 7:27 AM
he's back on Twitter too. that'll end well

the bear
19/10/2012, 8:24 AM
No need for O'Neill to make those comments now. Surprised the pic didn't show him with a jerry can

backstothewall
19/10/2012, 8:32 AM
he's back on Twitter too. that'll end well

Has he got a new address. I can't find him

geysir
19/10/2012, 8:48 AM
The issue highlighted here imo, is that McClean, despite his sincere efforts to get himself fit, was not given the courtesy of a reply, therefore speculations emerge.
I can imagine he was desperate, it was as if a pretender (Brady) was making a move on his girlfriend.

paul_oshea
19/10/2012, 9:02 AM
You love the girlfriend analogy geysir.

Be interesting to see where McClean is in a year, I know Skstu has similar thoughts - not about his girlfriend geysir.

I don't think this is a biggie. But at the same time the meejahideen are going to be looking for any excuse to launch a holy war against Trap and his blessed water.

Junior
19/10/2012, 9:03 AM
Has he got a new address. I can't find him

@mcclean23

Meyler was slagging him saying it was a false account but I am not sure if he was serious or not. Has 2.5k followers in the last few days so just need to wait and see I guess..

Picture of himself in bed with the mott**....As tet says this will not end well, another twittergate within a fortnight I reckon.

**Hows that for adding another 2.5k followers to his profile in the next 10 minutes... whilst also keeping it on topic (geysir/POSH girlfriend posts)

tetsujin1979
19/10/2012, 10:04 AM
@mcclean23

Meyler was slagging him saying it was a false account but I am not sure if he was serious or not. Has 2.5k followers in the last few days so just need to wait and see I guess..

Picture of himself in bed with the mott**....As tet says this will not end well, another twittergate within a fortnight I reckon.

**Hows that for adding another 2.5k followers to his profile in the next 10 minutes... whilst also keeping it on topic (geysir/POSH girlfriend posts)I wasn't sure if it was him, it's still not verified and the last two accounts were, but he's been sending messages to his missus, and she's been replying so I guess it is him.

Fixer82
19/10/2012, 11:18 AM
Ah jaysus this lad is not the brightest is he. i give him until the next Ireland game to f##k up again and be banned once again by Martin O'Neill

geysir
19/10/2012, 11:39 AM
He may not be the brightest but then what can be said for people here following his tweets? :)

Junior
19/10/2012, 12:01 PM
Comedy Value? To be fair I've been on twitter for the last month or so - I've followed every footballer/football journalist and his dog I have come across and I've yet to read anything remotely interesting thus far. I live in hope though and do not fear Geysir - Ill keep you posted when I do!!

Murfinator
19/10/2012, 12:03 PM
Between his poor club form and off field antics I think the initial annoyance at his omission has subsided for most people.

Fixer82
19/10/2012, 12:05 PM
I won't be following his tweets. I'm not into car-crashes.
I actually think he's addicted to Twitter

Scooby Doo
19/10/2012, 12:13 PM
"From Free Derry". Unnecessary, particularly given his past online 'difficulties'.

DannyInvincible
19/10/2012, 2:23 PM
"From Free Derry". Unnecessary, particularly given his past online 'difficulties'.

Is it that big a deal? McClean is entitled to his politics; they're nothing abnormal. If "From Free Derry" provokes offence in someone, I fear they'd be going in desperate search of it, and it'd be, most likely, feigned.

Charlie Darwin
19/10/2012, 2:39 PM
Given the context, it's pretty stupid. He left twitter because he was drawing too much attention from bigots; now he's baiting them again.

CraftyToePoke
19/10/2012, 5:06 PM
Free Derry indeed .... brilliant, funny. Or not so much if you are hoping this lad is a key part of a brighter future, showing a bit of maturity and savvy. Still, cant wait to see what he comes out with. Can imagine Martin O'Neil shaking his head wistfully as this, and thinking of suitable lower league loan destinations if he gets too much bother from Young Master McClean, of Free Derry Heights.

geysir
19/10/2012, 5:36 PM
If it happens on Twitter, then is it real?

DannyInvincible
21/10/2012, 12:26 PM
McClean and O'Shea start for Sunderland this afternoon in the Tyne-Wear derby. Westwood and Meyler are on the bench.

DannyInvincible
21/10/2012, 12:31 PM
Given the context, it's pretty stupid. He left twitter because he was drawing too much attention from bigots; now he's baiting them again.

At worst, I'd say it's silly as far as it might be a potential cause of needless distraction, but that's the business of McClean and his employers/manager(s). He doesn't deserve to be attacked by bigots for saying he's "From Free Derry".

Not Brazil
21/10/2012, 4:02 PM
Is it that big a deal? McClean is entitled to his politics; they're nothing abnormal. If "From Free Derry" provokes offence in someone, I fear they'd be going in desperate search of it, and it'd be, most likely, feigned.

This is the same McClean who feigned offence when he was called "Northern Irish"?

You're right though, if he wants to state he's "From Free Derry", that's up to him.

theworm2345
21/10/2012, 5:39 PM
I won't be following his tweets. I'm not into car-crashes.
I actually think he's addicted to Twitter
I wouldn't be surprised...as I've said before, Twitter is the worst thing to happen to individuals (especially famous ones) in a long time.