PDA

View Full Version : Andy Reid(b 1982)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45

Carrigaline
13/08/2012, 8:01 PM
Lovely cross from Reid to set Blackstock up for Forest in their League Cup tie.

Murfinator
13/08/2012, 9:00 PM
He tends to play a blinder every 4 years judging by his 04/05 and 08/09 season so he should be due a great season with a January transfer to the premiership again!

Mr A
14/08/2012, 11:45 AM
He looks to be in decent shape, albeit while in a headlock.

http://t.co/VfErVqSm

BonnieShels
14/08/2012, 2:22 PM
That's some belly on 'im.

tricky_colour
15/08/2012, 2:10 AM
When you have a good engine you need plenty of fuel in the tank.

Charlie Darwin
15/08/2012, 2:15 AM
Why does Reid need so much fuel then?

tricky_colour
24/08/2012, 8:49 PM
Why does Reid need so much fuel then?

So he can score GGGGOOOOOOOOAAAAAALLLLLLLLSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!

He scored today for Forest V West Brom.

Bolton 2 Forest 2

Eagles 39′ Sordell 49′ McGugan 15′ Reid 57′

Didn't see it but just turned on the radio near the end fantastic finish apparently (off post)
according to he presenter but the pick of the goals was McGugan's, a goal of the season contender apparently.
Simon Cox of course also at Forest and Keith Andrews at Bolton.

Murfinator
24/08/2012, 9:56 PM
Seems to be firing well this season, incredible player when he's on his game.

Crosby87
25/08/2012, 12:52 AM
Good guitarist, too. Especially at 3 AM.

Olé Olé
25/08/2012, 1:57 AM
Really tidy finish from Reid too. Typical left legged curler, resulting from a lovely weighted Cox pass.

SkStu
25/08/2012, 2:33 AM
Good guitarist, too. Especially at 3 AM.

That really was A Minor offence when you look back now...

:)

Supreme feet
25/08/2012, 11:03 AM
Didn't really strike a chord with Trap, led to Reid taking A Diminished role. Can't C Major involvement for him in this campaign, our midfield might B Flat as a result. At least we have Gibson. :p

Crosby87
25/08/2012, 1:50 PM
Typical left legged curler, resulting from a lovely weighted Cox pass.

You've always loved weighted Cox.

Fixer82
26/08/2012, 2:17 PM
top class!

tricky_colour
26/08/2012, 4:35 PM
Well let's hope Cox doesn't hit a bum note ;)

OwlsFan
27/08/2012, 9:36 AM
Seems to be firing well this season, incredible player when he's on his game.

Saw the game. One of the mysteries to me is how Andy Reid never made it at the highest level and he had his opportunities with Spurs and Sunderland and failed. As Murfinator says, he is class when on his game. If it is just weight then surely a top club can sort that out? Attitude? Just don't know.

Murfinator
27/08/2012, 4:12 PM
Saw the game. One of the mysteries to me is how Andy Reid never made it at the highest level and he had his opportunities with Spurs and Sunderland and failed. As Murfinator says, he is class when on his game. If it is just weight then surely a top club can sort that out? Attitude? Just don't know.

He's got the same problem as Stephen Ireland. The role he's best at playing is seen as a luxury position for the majority of English clubs, when you're filling a niche role the main problem is if you can't play then the club needs to adapt their system entirely because in all liklihood they don't have a like for like backup for you. His fall at both Tottenham and Sunderland came after lengthy injuries, both nearly season long as I recall where the clubs just moved on and didn't have a place for him anymore. Being a niche player and injury prone probably makes him appear like a real wildcard in the eyes of any manager, regardless of his talent he'd be awkward as hell to accommodate.
Ultimately he's in the wrong league and would be a much more common type of player catered for in the average system in the more technical leagues.

Between him, Ireland and Steven Reid they're really our forgotten generation of talent, players of immense potential who could have been the new Duffs/Keanes but were denied because of injury/attitudes/EPL neanderthal ball. It's a real shame, although none of their careers are over just yet it appears unlikely any of them will play for us again.

Metrostars
27/08/2012, 4:29 PM
They should have gone to Spain or Italy, they would have thrived there.

Colbert Report
28/08/2012, 5:54 AM
Ireland should try to get a move to Spain or Italy before the transfer window shuts, he wasn't even on the bench in Villa's last match and they were ripped apart by Everton. Could be in a relegation fight.

tetsujin1979
28/08/2012, 7:24 AM
Ireland should try to get a move to Spain or Italy before the transfer window shuts, he wasn't even on the bench in Villa's last match and they were ripped apart by Everton. Could be in a relegation fight. he was on the bench, so was Graham Burke

Murfinator
28/08/2012, 10:45 AM
Ireland should try to get a move to Spain or Italy before the transfer window shuts, he wasn't even on the bench in Villa's last match and they were ripped apart by Everton. Could be in a relegation fight.

His wages are too high for any club that isn't in the champions league and he's unlikely to appeal to any of them on recent form. Unless he's willing to take a significant paycut his next move is probably going to be as a marquee player to a developing league.

OwlsFan
28/08/2012, 1:35 PM
Ireland should try to get a move to Spain or Italy

After the summer we've had, I'd be all in favour of that.

tricky_colour
01/09/2012, 11:10 PM
1 Blackpool 4 8 9
2 Blackburn 4 2 8
3 Nottm Frt 4 2 8

Forest currently 3rd, the have a home game next, the two above have away games, a fair chance Andy Reid and Simon Cox will top
the Championship next week. Very early days yet but Forest are amongst the favourites for promotion but would not too surprised
if they finished in the bottom half as is their habit.

shakermaker1982
02/09/2012, 11:08 AM
Cox is on fire & Reidy is pulling the strings. Reidy looks lean (for him) and when he is on his A game he one of the best players in the Championship. I still think he is good enough to make a 23 man Irish squad.

Forest should be contenders this season & if they are top 6 come January then their wealthy new owners will splash the cash during next transfer window.

DannyInvincible
02/09/2012, 2:43 PM
Reidy looks lean (for him)

Any recent photos?

Yard of Pace
02/09/2012, 3:14 PM
Any recent photos?

There was an interview with him on the BBC website after O'Driscoll was appointed. He looked as lean as it's possible to be. He has a wand for a left-foot. I'd have him in the squad in a heartbeat. He's already proved himself at international level.

Charlie Darwin
02/09/2012, 3:20 PM
There was an interview with him on the BBC website after O'Driscoll was appointed. He looked as lean as it's possible to be. He has a wand for a left-foot. I'd have him in the squad in a heartbeat. He's already proved himself at international level.
When?

Yard of Pace
02/09/2012, 3:30 PM
When what?

Charlie Darwin
02/09/2012, 5:10 PM
When did he prove himself at international level?

Yard of Pace
02/09/2012, 6:12 PM
The time he set up one of the best Irish goals ever with a peach of a pass springs to mind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4r9x68LLAKs

Charlie Darwin
02/09/2012, 6:40 PM
That was a great pass but in general he hasn't offered much as an Ireland player, a couple of exceptional goals aside. If he gets fit and gets back to his best form, I'd have no problem seeing him in an Ireland shirt, but I really don't think he has the attributes or the desire.

Yard of Pace
02/09/2012, 7:03 PM
He IS fit AND in good form though, Charlie. Just watch the Football League Show some Saturday.

He has almost 30 caps, and I don't ever remember him having a stinker. We're not exactly blessed with much quality at the moment and this is not a "call up Reid, he is the answer to our prayers" post. Just that he's worth a place in the squad and if we were behind in some game would be a great asset to have on the bench, at least.

Charlie Darwin
02/09/2012, 7:22 PM
I watch it regularly! I didn't see it yesterday, mind. He is playing below his own skill level. He's never really pushed himself and he's not particularly athletic. I just don't see the appeal.

Colbert Report
03/09/2012, 5:18 AM
I've always loved the guy, I think he's our best creative midfielder since John Sheridan, but he doesn't fit the system and Trap will never call him up because of the guitar incident. He had Paul Green in the squad ffs! Tells you all you need to know about Reid's chances. The last time he was in the Premiership Sunderland had to play him on the left side of midfield due to his lack of mobility in the centre.

Diarmo
03/09/2012, 7:49 AM
I've always loved the guy, I think he's our best creative midfielder since John Sheridan, but he doesn't fit the system and Trap will never call him up because of the guitar incident. He had Paul Green in the squad ffs! Tells you all you need to know about Reid's chances. The last time he was in the Premiership Sunderland had to play him on the left side of midfield due to his lack of mobility in the centre.

And that's exactly it. He's too immobile for International Football the way we play at the moment. Not suitable to play on the wing, and I don't think Andy Reid is worth changing the system at the moment.

However, I've had a soft spot for Reid, so I'd love to be proven wrong in a few months with a slim Reid bossing the midfield for a La Liga team and Ireland. But I'll keep waiting.

DannyInvincible
03/09/2012, 9:40 AM
His weight seems to fluctuate rather wildly, which is indicative of a self-discipline problem. Is it often a case of him often getting fit for a new season and then letting it go again? For a professional footballer to allow that to happen so readily, I just can't fathom it...

Some photos I could find of him in the current Forest jersey:

http://d.yimg.com/i//ng/sp/empics/20120714/16/3300437702-soccer-nottingham-forest-press-conference-city-ground.jpg

http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Andy+Reid+Nottingham+Forest+v+Aston+Villa+sGncMPV_ 1UFl.jpg

http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Andy+Reid+Nottingham+Forest+v+West+Bromwich+-vcOM4Yul7kl.jpg

To be fair to him, he does appear to be in better shape than he has been in recent past.

Charlie Darwin
03/09/2012, 12:23 PM
Is that a Che Guevara tattoo? Or the Spanish Jesus fresco (http://freethinker.co.uk/2012/08/24/spanish-pensioner-makes-a-monkey-out-of-jesus/)?

tricky_colour
03/09/2012, 2:46 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NT-bdj1TbzU

Charlie Darwin
03/09/2012, 3:03 PM
Trap don't want no god damn communist in his midfield.

SwanVsDalton
03/09/2012, 3:17 PM
http://d.yimg.com/i//ng/sp/empics/20120714/16/3300437702-soccer-nottingham-forest-press-conference-city-ground.jpg

Great that Andy appears to have a different kind of pye on his shirt these days.

Stuttgart88
03/09/2012, 6:08 PM
Is that a Che Guevara tattoo? Or the Spanish Jesus fresco (http://freethinker.co.uk/2012/08/24/spanish-pensioner-makes-a-monkey-out-of-jesus/)?

I think it's Wolfie Smith.

Adrianovic
03/09/2012, 7:35 PM
I can confirm he has been very good for Forest this season.

This time last year his fitness was a joke and he could not play more than one half of football at a good level. For whatever reason, his fitness improved to a passable level after Christmas and Reid played a major role in keeping us up. I think he set up six out of seven of our goals at one point in January and February.

This new season has brought a completely new Reid. He is lean, professional and he has... wait for it... pace.

Saturday was like entering a parallel universe as Reid closed down Charlton players when Forest were without the ball and sprinted away from them when he had it. His technique is still good, he'll never lose that.

Would I call him up if I was Trap? Maybe, he probably deserved a look.

Murfinator
03/09/2012, 9:41 PM
Trap was ignoring him while he was one of the standout players in the EPL 4 years, would say unless he displaces Iniesta at Barca he'll continue to be ignored regardless. Though a fit and performing Andy Reid would be the first name on my team sheet, what a nice asset it'd be to have a player who can pick a pass for a change.

Charlie Darwin
03/09/2012, 9:54 PM
Andy Reid has never at any stage of his career been one of the standout players in the EPL.

BonnieShels
04/09/2012, 11:02 PM
I think it's Wolfie Smith.

Excellent

tricky_colour
05/09/2012, 12:23 AM
I can confirm he has been very good for Forest this season.

This time last year his fitness was a joke and he could not play more than one half of football at a good level. For whatever reason, his fitness improved to a passable level after Christmas and Reid played a major role in keeping us up. I think he set up six out of seven of our goals at one point in January and February.

This new season has brought a completely new Reid. He is lean, professional and he has... wait for it... pace.

Saturday was like entering a parallel universe as Reid closed down Charlton players when Forest were without the ball and sprinted away from them when he had it. His technique is still good, he'll never lose that.

Would I call him up if I was Trap? Maybe, he probably deserved a look.

The current manager, Sean O'Driscoll was appointed first-team coach (not manager) in January but perhaps
a bit to early to have had an influence.

Here is what he said recently. :)

O’Driscoll said: “He’s as fit as I’ve seen. He looks fitter. It’s like he’s had a gastric band fitted in the summer.

tricky_colour
05/09/2012, 12:27 AM
Andy Reid has never at any stage of his career been one of the standout players in the EPL.

His belly stood out a bit.

Carrigaline
18/09/2012, 8:59 PM
Another assist from Reid to salvage a point for Forest against Palace.

Mr A
19/09/2012, 11:05 AM
The BBC report says it was Cox:

"Blackstock replaced Billy Sharp in the 73rd minute and shortly afterwards was played through by Simon Cox to grab the equaliser."

Didn't see it myself. You'd think those lads wouldn't be hard to tell apart though!

Crosby87
19/09/2012, 11:31 AM
He has the Eagles off to a shaky 2-0 start.