PDA

View Full Version : Andy Reid(b 1982)

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45

Adrianovic
16/01/2005, 1:11 PM
I've heard from someone who should know whats going on that Reid will be unveiled by Everton tomorrow for £4.5m.

I'm not going to guarantee this is the truth, because I can't see Everton buying another left sided player... unless they want Reid to play Tommy Grav's central midfield role?

Ade

eirebhoy
16/01/2005, 2:07 PM
elevenaside seem to think Kilbane will play Graveson's role so maybe you could be right.

eirebhoy
16/01/2005, 2:11 PM
Have a look at this, I'd love to see him move to a decent Spanish team:

http://www.ireland.com/sports/soccer/2005/0116/1104400405900_1105886524131.html

16/01/2005: Nottingham Forest manager Gary Megson has revealed that four clubs - including one from Spain - have expressed an interest in signing midfielder Andy Reid.

The Republic of Ireland international has constantly been linked with a move away from the City Ground after stating his desire to leave the struggling Championship outfit.

The 22-year-old could leave before the end of the January transfer window, with Premiership side Tottenham believed to be among the clubs interested in him.

According to Forest's website, new boss Megson has revealed that three top-flight sides in England, as well as a Spanish club, are keen on the want away wideman.

But the Forest boss insists Reid will not be sold on the cheap. "Andy is a big asset for this club and he will not be leaving unless it suits Nottingham Forest," Megson told www.nottinghamforest.co.uk.

"We would like to hang on to him but I believe he has made his feelings known that he would like to leave."

sligoman
16/01/2005, 3:59 PM
Nottingham Forest manager Gary Megson has revealed that four clubs - including one from Spain - have expressed an interest in signing midfielder Andy Reid.

The Republic of Ireland international has constantly been linked with a move away from the City Ground after stating his desire to leave the struggling Championship outfit.

The 22-year-old could leave before the end of the January transfer window, with Premiership side Tottenham believed to be among the clubs interested in him.

According to Forest's website, new boss Megson has revealed that three top-flight sides in England, as well as a Spanish club, are keen on the wantaway wideman.

But the Forest boss insists Reid will not be sold on the cheap.'Andy is a big asset for this club and he will not be leaving unless it suits Nottingham Forest,' Megson told www.nottinghamforest.co.uk.'We would like to hang on to him but I believe he has made his feelings known that he would like to leave.

http://www.rte.ie/aertel/p227.htm

Slash/ED
16/01/2005, 5:05 PM
Maybe he's the latest Gollactico? :D

I'd love to see him goto a decent Spanish team, having players in different countries would help our team so we're not limited to one style of team plus it's a better league than the premiership, nothing like being tested against the best week in week out.

carnstien
17/01/2005, 3:10 PM
The Spanish club is probably Valencia, given Ranieiri's knowlege of the English market.

Kingdom
17/01/2005, 3:17 PM
Its more likely to be Levante given Harye's extensive knowledge of Division 1!

inexile
17/01/2005, 3:20 PM
i think its real madrid lads i believe luxembourgo wants to unite him with roberto carlos

eirebhoy
17/01/2005, 4:39 PM
I don't know if Valencia are in need of a left winger but Ranieri said recently that having Robben in the Chelsea team is like having two Duff's. He seems to like his tricky wingers.

Peadar
18/01/2005, 10:36 AM
Sorry if this has been mentioned already, I'm too lazy to read through the entire thread.
Heard on TalkSport this morning that Everton are to make a bid for Reid. I think that could be a great move for him.
Kilbane in the centre and Reid on the left would help the international careers of both players.

eirebhoy
18/01/2005, 10:53 AM
Sorry if this has been mentioned already, I'm too lazy to read through the entire thread.
Heard on TalkSport this morning that Everton are to make a bid for Reid. I think that could be a great move for him.
Kilbane in the centre and Reid on the left would help the international careers of both players.
Yeah, but the source is none other than the Sun. I'd like to see him go to Everton for the reasons you give but Moyes wouldn't play him as much as other managers IMO.

Aldini98
18/01/2005, 10:55 AM

Would be an awful move for him, he'll miss out on Europe, he should join the Yidos or go abroad

Peadar
18/01/2005, 11:25 AM
Would be an awful move for him, he'll miss out on Europe, he should join the Yidos or go abroad

They're slight improvement in form shouldn't be mistaken for any genuine quality.

Cowboy
18/01/2005, 1:12 PM
The Spanish club is probably Valencia, given Ranieiri's knowlege of the English market.

Good call, newstalk say its valencia this morning

eirebhoy
18/01/2005, 1:33 PM
Good call, newstalk say its valencia this morning
Did they confirm it or was it speculation?

Peadar
18/01/2005, 1:37 PM
Moyes wouldn't play him as much as other managers IMO.

People said that would happen to Duff when he went to Chelsea.

Cowboy
18/01/2005, 1:51 PM
Did they confirm it or was it speculation?

I'm almost sure they confirmed unless I mis heard

ken foree
18/01/2005, 1:53 PM
People said that would happen to Duff when he went to Chelsea.

i get the feeling moyes is pragmatic when it comes to these things as he's shown a reluctance to play osman in certain games due to..? tactics i'd imagine.

Kevin77
19/01/2005, 7:54 AM
This saga has dragged on for far too long! It seems like every transfer window for the past 18 months it nearly happens, then it slams shut and we have to wait until the next one!

I reckon we might still be talking about this when Notts Forest are playing non-league football and he's 31!

He'll end up another Alan Quinn or Kavanagh if he's not careful!

finlma
20/01/2005, 7:51 PM
With Spurs putting in a bid for Routledge does it mean they've given up on Andy Reid. Its not looking good for the boy, he'd want his agent to get his finger out and get him out of Forest quick smart.

dr_peepee
20/01/2005, 9:49 PM
He signed a new deal with Forrest at the start of last season ('03/04). That was the big mistake. His market value won't dip until his contract runs into it's last year, so Forrest know they have enough cards to play poker with.

I've said it before. There's no loyalty in football. Every player should think long and hard about what's in it for themselves first and the club second.

brine3
20/01/2005, 9:56 PM
Please let it be Valencia. Reid isn't the paciest and in the Spanish league he could learn a lot about positional play, which would be a great asset to go with his skills. Who needs pace if you are always standing in the right place?

hudhastings
22/01/2005, 4:59 AM
Please let it be Valencia. Reid isn't the paciest and in the Spanish league he could learn a lot about positional play, which would be a great asset to go with his skills. Who needs pace if you are always standing in the right place?

imo the transfer window has nearly closed spurs are signing mido ejiption forward i think he will stay a forest at least until rest of season. no dought he will join the prem but hes like the next matt le tissies. moment of majic but not good enough consistanly hes fatter than most i know who dont even play sport.

livehead1
22/01/2005, 10:19 AM
imo the transfer window has nearly closed spurs are signing mido ejiption forward i think he will stay a forest at least until rest of season. no dought he will join the prem but hes like the next matt le tissies. moment of majic but not good enough consistanly hes fatter than most i know who dont even play sport.

well i just wanna say once and for all why does the fact that he looks chubby matter one bit as long as he is pacey and fit which he is?! he's of a similar belly size to yakubu at portsmouth! :eek:
also reid scored 13 for forest last season and a further 12 assists so the moments of magic appear to be rather regular. he's also forests most consistant player. excellent practically every week

Slash/ED
22/01/2005, 4:48 PM

Where have you dragged this inconsistency thing from? He's one of, if not the most consistent player in the first division.

Superhoops
22/01/2005, 6:57 PM
....He's one of, if not the most consistent player in the first division....
Agreed, but needs to be seen doing it on a big stage whether it is Premiership or La Liga.

brine3
23/01/2005, 12:34 AM
Jesus, not Celtic. MON will turn him into a wing back. Andy Petta. :D

livehead1
23/01/2005, 11:25 AM
It's Bobby...... ;)
mayb u realised but i think it was a bit of a pun.....bobby petta, andy reid ;)
any move away from forest would be good for him, he just needs 2 be on a bigger stage. i wana be watchin him on motd!

tricky_colour
26/01/2005, 2:09 AM
http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2002390000-2005040595,00.html

TOTTENHAM have upped their bid for Nottingham Forest’s Republic of Ireland star Andy Reid to a £4million package.

But they face competition from Southampton to sign him before the transfer window closes on Monday.

The Londoners have been trailing the midfielder for a year but struggling Forest resisted all offers.

Now Spurs have come up with a deal based on appearances and success.

Forest want Reid, 22, for their Championship relegation fight but the player is desperate to move to the Premiership.

He was given a verbal assurance last August that he could go if a bigger club came in.

tricky_colour
26/01/2005, 2:24 AM
I am not sure if my last post, from the Sun, is new news or just
confirmation/repetition of older news but Reid needs a move
and Forest need the money to make changes because clearly
the current squad has not been doing the buisness regarding staying
in the championship.

With the transfer window closing on Monday I expect there is a bit of brinkmanship going on.

Everton's results improved when they sold Rooney I hope the same
thing happens at Forest. (otherwise God help em :rolleyes: ).

eirebhoy
26/01/2005, 8:20 AM
Well Spurs had a £2m bid rejected for Routledge who's out of contract in just 5 months so maybe they're putting their interest back in Reid now. Routledge will end up costing a lot more overrall in wages + transfer fee (Palace want about £4m) as a premiership player with a contract to fall back on will demand more than a Championship one desperate to move.

drummerboy
26/01/2005, 8:40 AM
Reid wants Spurs ahead of any other club. Fully expect him to sign for Spurs … even if it is a last minute deal.

Dan K
27/01/2005, 7:49 PM

Now as the resident Saints fan, I must interject now. Le Tissier was a special talent, with our team being built around him for about 8 years. He was consistent, but he didn't need a whole game. One or two moments of sheer genius plus his constant ability to pick out passes that tore open defences are what kept us up.

He wasn't gritty, but don't think that he was an inconsistent player, trust me, he wasn't.

Le God's only problem was being born in Guernsey rather than Dundalk. ;)

Dan K
27/01/2005, 7:51 PM
Well Spurs had a £2m bid rejected for Routledge who's out of contract in just 5 months so maybe they're putting their interest back in Reid now. Routledge will end up costing a lot more overrall in wages + transfer fee (Palace want about £4m) as a premiership player with a contract to fall back on will demand more than a Championship one desperate to move.

No one would bid £4m for a player who's contract is up in five months. I think Spurs will wait for Routledge on a freee in the summer rather than fork out for Reid.

Just a shame Saints seem to have spunked all our budget elsewhere. :(

finlma
27/01/2005, 7:55 PM
There's no way in the world that Reid should go to Southampton. He's playing in the Championship at the moment and he doens't want to be doing the same thing next season.

eirebhoy
27/01/2005, 8:45 PM
I think Spurs will wait for Routledge on a freee in the summer rather than fork out for Reid.
Routledge is too young to go on a free which is why Spurs are bidding for him. If he was over 24 (is that the age) Spurs could just sign him up now but they'll have to pay a lot in compensation now that he's only 19.

dr_peepee
27/01/2005, 8:53 PM
Yeah!! And them tribunals don't always favour the buyer..... United were stung for a couple of Million for Bellion!!!

Dan K
28/01/2005, 11:21 AM
Routledge is too young to go on a free which is why Spurs are bidding for him. If he was over 24 (is that the age) Spurs could just sign him up now but they'll have to pay a lot in compensation now that he's only 19.
I thought he was older than that. But surely the compensation wouldn't be anywhere near as much as £4m?

Junior
28/01/2005, 11:31 AM
No one would bid £4m for a player who's contract is up in five months. I think Spurs will wait for Routledge on a freee in the summer rather than fork out for Reid.

Just a shame Saints seem to have spunked all our budget elsewhere. :(

you would try and get him on a pre-contract then surely?

What about the interest in H Camara - please please please take him off out hands................

eirebhoy
28/01/2005, 1:43 PM
I thought he was older than that. But surely the compensation wouldn't be anywhere near as much as £4m?
Its a bit complicated, its not just a one off payment. Don't know a lot about the tribunals though.

Dan K
28/01/2005, 6:47 PM
you would try and get him on a pre-contract then surely?

What about the interest in H Camara - please please please take him off out hands................

Well the Camara deal is dead in the water as Wolves (thankfully) won't play ball.

In my previous post, I was refering to Reid to Saints, as we are chasing him (According to Lowe & Redknapp at last night's Fan's Forum (http://saintschat.com/ipw-web/bulletin/bb/viewtopic.php?t=46736) ), not Routledge.

livehead1
06/12/2005, 8:34 AM
was just reading over some of my posts and others posts on this thread,,,,,reids looking far from clever now is he! look at the hype there was around him, now do we just accept that hes an average player? or does he have so much more to offer?

Stuttgart88
06/12/2005, 8:53 AM
I think Reid is a talented player. I suspect he's been told to work on his fitness / physique by Jol. Footballers these days are skin and bone (remember Ronan O'Gara's remark after the Irish rugby team shared a hotel with Man United last year?) and Andy Reid doesn't fit this description. I thought he looked out of condition at the Swiss game. Reid should take a leaf out of Joe Cole's book & work hard because his chance could come again at any time.

Has Routledge been getting a game at Spurs? Has Reid played more than him?

NeilMcD
06/12/2005, 9:16 AM
Routledge has been injured since the 2nd game of the season.

OwlsFan
06/12/2005, 9:30 AM
Andy Reid has gone backwards for whatever reason. Some of the displays he put on for Forest were top drawer and he stood out head and shoulders above most in the Championship. I don't accept the Premiership is a huge step up. Look at Wigan and West Ham - many of the players for them whom Andy would have left in the shade in the Championship are performing well in the top flight. A lot has to do with confidence and being able to cope with from being a big fish in a small pool to the reverse. He hasn't managed it at Spurs but I for one am confident that he has the ability to succeed.

livehead1
06/12/2005, 11:16 AM
Andy Reid has gone backwards for whatever reason. Some of the displays he put on for Forest were top drawer and he stood out head and shoulders above most in the Championship. I don't accept the Premiership is a huge step up. Look at Wigan and West Ham - many of the players for them whom Andy would have left in the shade in the Championship are performing well in the top flight. A lot has to do with confidence and being able to cope with from being a big fish in a small pool to the reverse. He hasn't managed it at Spurs but I for one am confident that he has the ability to succeed.

yeh , look at harewood, didnt he score again last night? Reid was always a world ahead of Marlene Halfgood

Condex
06/12/2005, 7:36 PM
I don't accept the Premiership is a huge step up. Look at Wigan and West Ham - many of the players for them whom Andy would have left in the shade in the Championship are performing well in the top flight.

Well then, how come Arsenal reserves cruised to a 3-0 over Reading the run away leaders...

Slash/ED
06/12/2005, 7:39 PM
They beat Man City easily last year too. Beyond the top three or so the premiership is sevearly lacking in quality and the gap just is not that big anymore.

drummerboy
03/08/2006, 1:05 PM
Not official yet but it looks like Spurs are about to sell Andy Reid to Leeds for £1 million rising to £2 million depending on appearances. Some difference in the £8m they paid for him. Hopefully Andy gets back to his best. last time I saw him for Ireland he looked as if he piled on more weight.

eirebhoy
03/08/2006, 1:18 PM
Some difference in the £8m they paid for him.
They paid £8m for him and Dawson. Dawson is now a first team regular so I don't think they'd be too disappointed getting rid of Reid for £2m. Hopefully wherever he goes this summer he'll be played in central midfield as he's no teenage winger anymore. Excellent passer and tackler and pretty much made for the middle.