PDA

View Full Version : Clare Junior Soccer

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54

4-4-2
18/03/2005, 8:26 AM
I won't say I said so but it looks like you are in trouble!
Not at all as i said before points will be droped by all teams its how each team deals with it will tell how they do this season, maybe it could be a good thing might help focas a few minds on what we have to do

MadMick
18/03/2005, 8:37 AM
Not at all as i said before points will be droped by all teams its how each team deals with it will tell how they do this season, maybe it could be a good thing might help focas a few minds on what we have to do

I agree this will be a test, could be the making or breaking of your team!

OpenGoal
18/03/2005, 8:57 AM
Shannon Olympic A vs Mountshannon

Mountshannon travelled to Shannon olympic yesterday morning and came away with all 3 points. Olympic started well, with the front pairing of jimmy houlihan and rob kinnane causing all sorts of problems. Particularly down the left wing, houlihan put in a few nice crosses but the home side lacked the killer finish in the box. Gradually Mountshannon came back into the match and started applying some pressure of their own, which culminated in the Olympic right back hacking down the mountshannon striker just inside the box. Penalty. No arguements from the olympic defence. The Mountshannon no. 7 stepped up drove a low hard shot to the keepers right, but McCarthy's produced a cat-like save to deny the opening goal. Minutes later, a cross from Dunne was met on the volley by Karl Fogarty and just clipped the post. And so to the half time break.

The Olympic management decided a change was needed and so kinnane was moved to the wing, Hogan came off, and Derek "Gassie" Collins came on up front for his first appearance of the current campaign. No sooner had the second half kicked off and Olympic found themselves a goal down. A corner was swung into the back post, defence failed to clear and the mountshannon striker finished off in good style to put his side ahead. This seemed to spur Olympic into action, and the managers substitution paid dividends as Collins crossed a sublime ball onto Kinnane who nodded in the equaliser. There were chances at both ends in the last 20 minutes with McCarthy again saving well in the Olympic net.

And then disaster struck. 10 minutes to go, the Mountshannon attack put through the striker who finished coolly with a great shot into the roof of the net, to take all 3 points home to Mountshannon. They just about deserved it too.

Pauliwallnuts
18/03/2005, 5:55 PM
Moloney Hardware Premier division
Moher Celtic 1 Bunratty 1
Cratloe Cel 1 Avenue Utd 2
Bridge United A 0 Newtown 2
Connolly C v Rinnanna Rov. P

First Division
Tulla United 7 Bunratty B 1
Kilkishen C 2 Corofin Harps 2
Rock R. 1 Bridge C 1
Shannon Olympic 1 Mountshannon C 2
Kilmaley Utd v Kilrush R ...P

Second Division
Cratloe C (B) 0 Hermitage 3
Kildysart C 2 St. Pat's A 1
Tullycrine v Cooraclare C ...P
Avenue Utd. (B) 3 Turnpike R 0

Third Division
Bridge Celtic B 3 Manus Cel 2
Kilkee v St. Pat's (P)
Kilkishen C 2 Tulla Utd (B) 0
Rhine Rove 2 Shannon Oly 2
N'market 2 Newtown (B) 2

Bad results for Bridge Utd & Bunratty in the premier.
Are Avenue going to make a sustained title push ???

Rats B Hockeyed by Tulla in Div1. Whats up with that result CousinSyl ??
The Specials lose again. Everybody else draws. Still wide open.
Mountshannon now looking good for promotion.

Avenue B & Hermitage continue to run away with Division 2.

Specials B only draw while Kilkee's game is postponed. Amazingly Bridge Celtic B who haven't won a match all season beat Manus.

All very interesting results indeed.

MadMick
21/03/2005, 6:32 AM
anyone know why kilkee match was postponed

Mountshannon 3 Kilmaley 2
Bridge Celtic 0 Tulla A 1

any other results from yesterday, looks like these two teams have taken the iniative in this league, everyone else fighting for 3rd place playoff?

4-4-2
21/03/2005, 7:12 AM
Mountshannon 3 Kilmaley 2
Bridge Celtic 0 Tulla A 1

any other results from yesterday, looks like these two teams have taken the iniative in this league, everyone else fighting for 3rd place playoff?

Olympic 1 Rock 0
big games on Friday for 3 of the above teams,

MadMick
21/03/2005, 8:03 AM
Olympic 1 Rock 0
big games on Friday for 3 of the above teams,

Good bounce back, who are you playing next?

4-4-2
21/03/2005, 8:08 AM
Good bounce back, who are you playing next?

Cup on sunday away to SIXMB B,

Pauliwallnuts
21/03/2005, 9:56 AM
Moloney Premier Division
Moher Celtic 1 Rinnanna Rovers 1
Lifford 3 Cratloe C. 1

First Division
Mountshannon C 3 Kilmaley Utd. 2
Bridge Celtic 0 Tulla United 1
Kilrush R 7 Bunratty B 0
Shannon Olympic 1 Rock Rovers 0

Second Division
Cratloe Celtic 0 Kildysart C 6
Burren Utd 2 Auenue United B 1
Turnpike R 3 St.Pat's A 3

Third Division
Bridge Celtic B 0 Kilkee 1
Newtown B 3 Ennistymon 1
Tulla United B 1 Rhine Rovers 2
St. Pat's B 0 Newmarket Celtic 4
Shannon Olympic B 1 Manus Celtic 3

Clare Cup Second Round
Newmarket C. 3 Hermitage 0

Good wins for Mountshannon, Tulla & Olympic in Div 1.
Rats B slaughtered for the 2nd game in a row.

Shock in Div 2 as Avenue B are beaten

Both Olympic B & Ennistymon beaten while Kilkee win.
All the rest go as planned.

CousinSyl you're gone very quiet. Whats up with ye. You've let in 14 goals in your last 2 games. Gaa raping ye I suppose.

OpenGoal
21/03/2005, 10:33 AM
Good to see Donnacha Kelly back to his best with a storming performance in the centre of Olympics midfield yesterday.

MadMick
21/03/2005, 11:02 AM
Moloney Premier Division
Moher Celtic 1 Rinnanna Rovers 1
Lifford 3 Cratloe C. 1

First Division
Mountshannon C 3 Kilmaley Utd. 2
Bridge Celtic 0 Tulla United 1
Kilrush R 7 Bunratty B 0
Shannon Olympic 1 Rock Rovers 0

Second Division
Cratloe Celtic 0 Kildysart C 6
Burren Utd 2 Auenue United B 1
Turnpike R 3 St.Pat's A 3

Third Division
Bridge Celtic B 0 Kilkee 1
Newtown B 3 Ennistymon 1
Tulla United B 1 Rhine Rovers 2
St. Pat's B 0 Newmarket Celtic 4
Shannon Olympic B 1 Manus Celtic 3

Clare Cup Second Round
Newmarket C. 3 Hermitage 0

Good wins for Mountshannon, Tulla & Olympic in Div 1.
Rats B slaughtered for the 2nd game in a row.

Shock in Div 2 as Avenue B are beaten

Both Olympic B & Ennistymon beaten while Kilkee win.
All the rest go as planned.

CousinSyl you're gone very quiet. Whats up with ye. You've let in 14 goals in your last 2 games. Gaa raping ye I suppose.

Do you have the fixtures for the weekend and during the following week?

Pauliwallnuts
21/03/2005, 11:23 AM
Do you have the fixtures for the weekend and during the following week?

CousinSyl should be along with the fixtures sometime today hopefully, allthough he might be too embarrased to come on after their last 2 results

Very quiet here today !!! Where is everybody ??

4-4-2
21/03/2005, 11:31 AM
CousinSyl should be along with the fixtures sometime today hopefully, allthough he might be too embarrased to come on after their last 2 results

Very quiet here today !!! Where is everybody ??

I think Cousinsyl wont be around for another day or so if i am correct i think he maybe on holidays in the US but thats if he is who i think he is :)
I was told by a member of the Rats that they failed to travel to Kilrush so is that result fact or is it a walkover,if it is fact all i can say is at least have the balls to stand by poor results and not hide from them

MadMick
21/03/2005, 11:35 AM
I think Cousinsyl wont be around for another day or so if i am correct i think he maybe on holidays in the US but thats if he is who i think he is :)
I was told by a member of the Rats that they failed to travel to Kilrush so is that result fact or is it a walkover,if it is fact all i can say is at least have the balls to stand by poor results and not hide from them

If it was a walkover the scoreline is 3-0, if it is 7-0 the game must have been played.

4-4-2
21/03/2005, 12:15 PM
About time.Olympic are only a one man band.I hear ye are banned from this site by order of management. :eek:

did you play kilrush or not

OpenGoal
21/03/2005, 12:36 PM
About time.Olympic are only a one man band.I hear ye are banned from this site by order of management. :eek:

Whose the one-man then genius? Also, if we were banned wouldnt that mean there would be no comments from us.......so who are you talking to? You idiot.

OpenGoal
21/03/2005, 1:28 PM
Ye are going against your managers requests.And about the one man well its definately not you opengoal but figure it out

To be honest, I think you and your likes have probably bored everyone else off this site........think i'll take a leaf out of there book actually. Your talking nonsense. Over and out.

footstar
21/03/2005, 4:40 PM
:)
To answer your first Question he probably had a massive hangover-secondly he never told me to go away u should read his post again.All the olympic lads are gone because the truth hurts and they are all upset :Dfredred you really are sad, why would we be upset because of some little muppet, as you can see both olympic teams are doing well this season, so just do us all a favor talk some sense about football or shut up.

oldspice
22/03/2005, 9:27 AM
Cup games this weekend some interesting ties plus the one they have all been waiting for next tuesday night-olympic against bunratty b :cool:

Do you have the fixtures handyman? Particularly interested in Kilkishen's fixtures naturally enough.

oldspice
22/03/2005, 9:39 AM
Ya ye are away to kilmaley on sunday and at home to tulla on wednesday-two tough ones.

Why? ...are there easy ones?????

4-4-2
22/03/2005, 9:40 AM
Ya ye are away to kilmaley on sunday and at home to tulla on wednesday-two tough ones.

Whats the story with the olympic and Rats B game did you say tuesday night

4-4-2
22/03/2005, 11:14 AM
is that the bunratty that have conceded 14 goals in two games...redfred....and the same bunratty that only beat oympic b 1 nil .....get with it..

I think Olympic will face a different team because the rats wont want to lose..it would be nice to see the team sheets from the last two games they played and compare it to the team that they will field against Olympic A

BallBreaker
22/03/2005, 11:15 AM
Do you have the fixtures handyman? Particularly interested in Kilkishen's fixtures naturally enough.

Handyman can you post on the fixtures,cousin may be on hols..... :ball: :ball:

OpenGoal
22/03/2005, 3:24 PM
They are in the star.Im really busy sorry :cool:

From todays Star newspaper........

Sunday 27
Kilmaley v Kilkishen

Tuesday 29
Shannon olympic v Bunratty B
Mountshannon v Bridge Celtic

Wednesday 30
Kilkishen v Tulla A

Thursday 31
Rock v Corofin Harps

Friday 1 April
Kilmaley v Kilrush

Pauliwallnuts
22/03/2005, 7:19 PM
Fixtures are on a2z now.

oldspice
24/03/2005, 7:44 AM
Things have gone very quiet out there. What has happened to all the Olympic guys? Cousinsyl, have you sobered up yet?

Pauliwallnuts
24/03/2005, 8:06 AM
Things have gone very quiet out there. What has happened to all the Olympic guys? Cousinsyl, have you sobered up yet?

A few bad results seems to have quietened the Specials for a while :D

OpenGoal
24/03/2005, 8:08 AM
Question for anyone who knows Fredred. Is this guy(questionable) really a 16 yr old girl or simply a homosexual. His stalking has now gone to new lengths and he has resorted to sending private messages insulting me. I quote him,

QUOTE=Fredred]your only a fat lazy **** give up the gambling and the bird and maybe your form might improve[/QUOTE]

I do not care Fredred. Is not going to happen, stick to fancying your teammates legs in the dressing room........

CousinSylDolan
24/03/2005, 8:54 AM

I'm back and just about able to see the keyboard in front of me!!!!!!!

Thanks for the concern Oldspice.

My concern however is the 2 embarrasing results since my departure and the 2 tough games we have next Sunday and Tuesday...

footstar
24/03/2005, 9:17 AM
Welcome back dolan. two very embarrasing results indeed, do you think ye will be able to pick things up for the cup game at the weekend or will it be another trashing. Seen avenue b a few times last year and they seemed to be a very good side. what do you think of your chances?

CousinSylDolan
24/03/2005, 9:21 AM
Welcome back dolan. two very embarrasing results indeed, do you think ye will be able to pick things up for the cup game at the weekend or will it be another trashing. Seen avenue b a few times last year and they seemed to be a very good side. what do you think of your chance?

It will be very tough for us to win but I will have to find out who we have available 1st to see what kind of a team we can put out....

OpenGoal
24/03/2005, 9:26 AM
It will be very tough for us to win but I will have to find out who we have available 1st to see what kind of a team we can put out....

hey dave

make sure to put out your strongest team on sunday! We'll be hoping ye go all the way to extra time, maybe a few tired legs come tuesday :)

CousinSylDolan
24/03/2005, 10:36 AM
hey dave

make sure to put out your strongest team on sunday! We'll be hoping ye go all the way to extra time, maybe a few tired legs come tuesday :)

Might rest a few lads Sunday as we have a big one Tuesday.... :D :D :D

OpenGoal
24/03/2005, 11:17 AM
Might rest a few lads Sunday as we have a big one Tuesday.... :D :D :D

I dont doubt ya dave, not one bit :D

plasticpitch
24/03/2005, 12:07 PM
Yeah folks with the leagues at roughly the half way stage just wondering ur opinions on whos going to win/b relegated from each division??
heres mine
premier: Bridge utd
Lifford
rel: Connolly
Moher
1st Shannon Olympic
Mountshannon
rel: kilrush
rats b
2nd Hermitage
ave B
rel tullycrine and a coupl others that have pulled out
3rd Kilkee
Manus

Pauliwallnuts
24/03/2005, 12:35 PM
Yeah folks with the leagues at roughly the half way stage just wondering ur opinions on whos going to win/b relegated from each division??
heres mine
premier: Bridge utd
Lifford
rel: Connolly
Moher
1st Shannon Olympic
Mountshannon
rel: kilrush
rats b
2nd Hermitage
ave B
rel tullycrine and a coupl others that have pulled out
3rd Kilkee
Manus

Premier is between Newmarket,Lifford the Bridge & Avenue.
I'll go for Newmarket as well.

1st Mountshannon looking good
Tulla Runners up.

2nd I think Avenue B will pip Hermitage

3rd Kilkee
R/Up Olympic B

Your relegation candidates for 1st & prem are spot on.Cratloe A may get relegated as well.

I'd say Cratloe B,Bridge Utd B & TullyCrine will all go down from Div2

oldspice
24/03/2005, 2:13 PM
where do you see olympic a finishing in the first?

This weekend will tell a lot. I've been quiet on the issue of late, reason being that I had felt Bridge Celtic would win it but recently they've been dropping unexpected points. I also felt that Olympic were the next best I've seen but Mountshannon managed to turn ye over at your own place. I have to say that we played Mountshannon a week before that and they really were nothing too special. (No pun intended). Now Mountshannon and Bridge are playing each other twice over the next few days and Tulla have Kilkishen twice in the same period. If the results go for ye, it leaves it there for ye to take but so far, no team has grabbed it when given the opportunity. Let the games begin in earnest.

Pauliwallnuts
24/03/2005, 2:13 PM
I reckon you'll finish 3rd.

Of course ye can still win it its just that Mountshannon & Tulla actually have the points on the board allbeit having played more games.

Mountshannon are on a great run right now being 7 games unbeaten winning 5 of those. Their form is the best in the division.

Really I feel its between yourselves & Tulla to finish 2nd & I just fancy Tulla that bit more looking at their results.

Worst case scenario is that ye should make the 1st Div / Premier playoff & then its in the hands of the Gods as you never know what can happen in a once off game.

Ye're not looking too bad really.

At the start of the season I fancied Bridge Celtic & Kilkishen to be promoted.
How wrong I was

Bridge Celtic seem to have completly fcuked it up which is suprising.

Kilkishen also are not playing to potential & their league position is no indication of their quality. Loosing B. Donnellan was also a big blow.

Kicks
24/03/2005, 2:36 PM
At least nobody is running away with it in the 1st division so even if a team has a couple of slip ups they'll still be in contention. Most teams are capable of taking points off each other. The lead could change a few times before the league is over.

OpenGoal
24/03/2005, 2:42 PM
Youre right about Bridge Celtic, I thought they'd win the division outright. What has happened to them? Lets hope someone apart from Mountshannon and Tulla can get into the shake-up, it would be a pity for the the rest of us if the two relegated teams went straight back up at the expense of the rest of us. I cant believe Kilkishen are where they are in the league, it doesnt make sense. Apart from mountshannon, they were the best side we've played against this season. Very strange indeed. Everyone seems to have discounted corofin but i think they'll still take alot of points, especially at home. also, kilrush arent going to give up without a fight and anyone who gets 3 points out there should consider themselves very fortunate.

My prediction for the 1st would be

1st Mountshannon
2nd Olympic
3rd Tulla

2nd to last Kilrush
Last Bunratty B

bakodnet
24/03/2005, 2:55 PM
what about the local derby of the olympic and newtown b teams on good friday..theres gonna be some blood shed in that one..

OpenGoal
24/03/2005, 2:58 PM
what about the local derby of the olympic and newtown b teams on good friday..theres gonna be some blood shed in that one..

should be a good game. Olympic boys riding high and Newtown not having thier best season. lets hope we're all grown ups about it so there's no repeats of past melee's :)

leftie
24/03/2005, 3:01 PM

yeah the path down to the pitch from the dressing rooms can be pretty trecherous :D

bakodnet
24/03/2005, 3:15 PM
olympic b cant afford to lose this one so im sure theyll be focused on winning and not tearing the poor little newtown lads to shreads

Pauliwallnuts
24/03/2005, 3:37 PM
Should be a tough one for Oly B.

Newtown beat Ennistymon 3-1 last time out & drew with Newmarket
so their form has improved all of a sudden.

Oly B should still shade it though.

bakodnet
24/03/2005, 3:39 PM
and what about the newtown A and bunratty match on the same time..will donal "big daddy" magee be running away with his tail betwwen his legs

johnnyosullivan
24/03/2005, 6:16 PM
and what about the newtown A and bunratty match on the same time..will donal "big daddy" magee be running away with his tail betwwen his legs
newtown are in great form of late with a good win agaist cratloe and an even better win away to top of the table bridge utd 2-0. the rats have been up and down this season so newtown in there form could squeeze it! the league is still wide open for everyone. some good times to come in the premier! :) :)

MadMick
25/03/2005, 6:43 AM
Well today is the Day that Mountshannon and Tulla stamp their authority on the league, both should win to pull themselves away from everyonelse in the League, with the return fixtures early next week expect Mountshannon to have 31 points and Tulla 27, leaves everyonelse chasing the playoff place in the League.

This could turn into a dogfight expect Rats B to put out a strong team against the Specials and a draw is on the cards with both teams not finishing with 11 players( This could get hot under the collar). Can anyone from Rats tell me what the problem is between these two clubs, something must have sparked this off!!!!

Corofin and Rock to play each other fancy this could end in another stalemate result, got to say this league is probably one of the most exciting for years, 8 teams fighting for the top 3 places as I would not write Kilmaley out of the equation, if they beat Kilrush then they are right in the hunt

Prediction

1st Mountshannon Celtic
2nd Tulla Utd
3rd Bridge Celtic
4th Corofin Harps
5th Shannon Olympic
6th Rock Rovers
7th Kilkishen Celtic
8th Kilmaley Utd
9th Bunratty B
10th Kilrush Rangers

Pauliwallnuts
25/03/2005, 7:38 AM
Don't think that Tulla will have it all their own way against Kilkishen.

Its the local derby & the lads are well up for this one.
Should be a real dinger of a game.

Hope everybody stays on the field for the 90 well everyone from Kilkishen that is.

Of course Tulla's crap pitch won't be doing anyone any favours !!!

oldspice
25/03/2005, 7:41 AM
Well today is the Day that Mountshannon and Tulla stamp their authority on the league, both should win to pull themselves away from everyonelse in the League, with the return fixtures early next week expect Mountshannon to have 31 points and Tulla 27, leaves everyonelse chasing the playoff place in the League.

This could turn into a dogfight expect Rats B to put out a strong team against the Specials and a draw is on the cards with both teams not finishing with 11 players( This could get hot under the collar). Can anyone from Rats tell me what the problem is between these two clubs, something must have sparked this off!!!!

Corofin and Rock to play each other fancy this could end in another stalemate result, got to say this league is probably one of the most exciting for years, 8 teams fighting for the top 3 places as I would not write Kilmaley out of the equation, if they beat Kilrush then they are right in the hunt

Prediction

1st Mountshannon Celtic
2nd Tulla Utd
3rd Bridge Celtic
4th Corofin Harps
5th Shannon Olympic
6th Rock Rovers
7th Kilkishen Celtic
8th Kilmaley Utd
9th Bunratty B
10th Kilrush Rangers

You seem very confident that Mountshannon will take 6 points off Bridge Celtic and Tulla will take 6 points off Kilkishen. I'm not so sure. For me, Bridge Celtic are stronger than Mountshannon eventhough they've thrown away a few points lately. Do you really think Corofin are stronger than Olympic?? It's a very interesting prediction and one I really want to compare with the table at the end of the season.