PDA

View Full Version : Clare Junior Soccer

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54

Unreal Madrid
18/10/2005, 1:30 PM
when is this round due to be played?

On or before Nov 6th.

old boy
18/10/2005, 1:47 PM
FAI 3rd Round Draw:

Tralee Dys v Moher Clt
Newcastle West v Ballybunion
Newtown v St Brendens
Cratloe v Spa Road
Hermitage v Avenue
Killarney Clt v Lisselton
Rathkeale v Tralee Clt
Mountshannon v Bridge Clt

what dates are these fixed for

old boy
18/10/2005, 1:49 PM
If ye think that St Brendans park are easy think again!...
They would be around 3-4th best team in Kerry at the moment but probably are the most up and coming team in Kerry at the moment and have two former Kerry U21 players, Timmy Lynch and David Conway, and have a youths team (some of which are now playing for the senior team!) that will seriously challenge for the FAI Youths Cup this year.

They are not unbeatable by any means but they are strong enough, and would fancy themselves to pull through!. They are a good cup team and did get to the Munster Junior Cup final a few years ago!

thanks for that ,... nibzer not so easy easy now :eek: :eek:

BallBreaker
18/10/2005, 1:59 PM
Nice one.. St.Brendans..." EASY..... EASY":cool: :cool:

Nibzer stop talking crap,they are serious challengers for honours in Kerry and drew 2-2 with kilarney Celtic away last week.Newtown have never called any game easy,we will prepare as we always do.I am glad we have them at home,hopefully some of the Kerry lads on the thread will give us some info. Now go back and do some work.

Nibzer
18/10/2005, 2:20 PM
Calm down boyo's...i was only taking the p!ss!:cool:

townie
18/10/2005, 3:11 PM
the tage and avenue, il have to splash out on new pair of shin guards for that one! should be a cracker though! stadio del "bloodbath" fairgreen. just as well its so close to the A & E

Prem Rep!
18/10/2005, 4:19 PM
a2z third division details should be up to date now. I am missing two results however, Rhine Rovers V Rineanna on 28/09 and Rhine v Bridge Celtic from the weekend. If their are any other results that I have missed please let me know.

gaffer
19/10/2005, 8:07 AM
Score from last weekend
Rhine Rovers 0 - 0 Bridge Celtic B

First
21/10/2005, 9:24 AM
Let me be the first to welcome Davy Wall back to the Clare League.

Prem Rep!
21/10/2005, 9:47 AM
Who did Davy sign for? Newtown I expect!

old boy
21/10/2005, 9:49 AM
Who did Davy sign for? Newtown I expect!

yes looks like it is newtown,,, great signing ... can anbody confirm for definate has he signed :ball: :confused:

First
21/10/2005, 10:00 AM
Newtown or Newmarket

Spudd
21/10/2005, 10:09 AM
Ya its confirmed...transfer forms are signed! Davey wall's all set for sunday....:D :D :D

Spudd
21/10/2005, 10:11 AM
Newtown or Newmarket
Newtown of coarse!

First
21/10/2005, 10:17 AM
Just checking, anyway its good to see the Clare boys returning, this speaks volumes for the improvements that are going on in the Clare League.
Not too many appeals and objections going on in Clare. This must have something to do with a static rule book and not the weekly new editions that seem to be drawn up in Limerick.

Spudd
21/10/2005, 10:24 AM
Also heard Ciaran ''kizzy'' Kissane's on his way back to the clare league allso...Was seen training with newtown on tuesday!! :D :D

Spudd
21/10/2005, 10:27 AM
Will dave be allowed to play oscar traynor for clare this year...even tho he's played for limerick?Does that matter...?

old boy
21/10/2005, 1:01 PM
Also heard Ciaran ''kizzy'' Kissane's on his way back to the clare league allso...Was seen training with newtown on tuesday!! :D :D

c'mon now he was training with newtown "b"

is this just another rumour starting :eek: :eek:

old boy
21/10/2005, 1:04 PM
Will dave be allowed to play oscar traynor for clare this year...even tho he's played for limerick?Does that matter...?

clare league will have to check old static rule book :D

a pity for newtown though he is cup tied in fai ... :mad: :mad:

First
21/10/2005, 1:43 PM
I'm I right in saying that the only game that the Limerick Oscar Traynor team played was a challenge game, surely he is eligible to play for Clare if he hasn't played a competitive game for limerick.

Anyway does he want to play for Clare,lets let him get back into the swing of things with Newtown.

Surely there must be something else going on in Clare Football or shall we have achat about the Clare senior hurling championship final!!!!!!!!!

OpenGoal
21/10/2005, 1:44 PM

I saw Brian Lohan hanging down around the gaa too. Will he be signing for Newtown also??

First
21/10/2005, 2:00 PM
The Legend that is Brian Lohan.....I reckon he would be a great centre half...but maybe the knees wouldn't be up to it...Jim Rocks might have some of that magic potion left over.....

old boy
21/10/2005, 3:07 PM
The Legend that is Brian Lohan.....I reckon he would be a great centre half...but maybe the knees wouldn't be up to it...Jim Rocks might have some of that magic potion left over.....

jim rocks magic potion is hair dye & sunbeds

wonder did anybody ever approach lohan to tog out for local soccer club ..:p :p

papa-j
21/10/2005, 3:50 PM
jim rocks magic potion is hair dye & sunbeds

wonder did anybody ever approach lohan to tog out for local soccer club ..:p :p

He played up to youths with Shannon Town before becoming a GAA legend!
Fine centre half + Frank was a classy soccer player with Shannon Town also, was part of the youths team that got to the national final.:ball:

Spudd
21/10/2005, 5:08 PM

Ya,thats who he's suposidly signing for..suposidly he's another one that doesnt wanna travel in an out of limerick + he's still crocked with injury but still wants to play a bit of football so he's gunna try out with the B team.;) ;)

the only 1
22/10/2005, 11:13 AM
a lot of the clare lads complain abt the physical side of the limerick league two but if davy or any1 else want 2give it up its their choice so people shud mind there own business did any of the pike lads give it up coz just seams the fairview lads might not be getting treated right up there didnt o malley leave two pike still have nabs,o grady+eade up still:ball:

loose cannon
22/10/2005, 11:41 AM
Your having a laugh there, clare lads complaining about the physical side of the limerick league. One of the primary reasons they leave is to play fooball and get away from all the physical stuff. Limerick is allegedly a better standard of football with better refs, refs in clare let way too much go. Crasy tackles result in no cards or frees and fighting only sometimes results in a yellow card ( honestly you would think it was GAA). Good players get no protection, that is why no one begrudges the quality players going into limerick. Cant imagine O'Malley ever complaining about it being too physical.:)

the only 1
22/10/2005, 12:24 PM
Your having a laugh there, clare lads complaining about the physical side of the limerick league. One of the primary reasons they leave is to play fooball and get away from all the physical stuff. Limerick is allegedly a better standard of football with better refs, refs in clare let way too much go. Crasy tackles result in no cards or frees and fighting only sometimes results in a yellow card ( honestly you would think it was GAA). Good players get no protection, that is why no one begrudges the quality players going into limerick. Cant imagine O'Malley ever complaining about it being too physical.:)

i know the clare league is worse just saying there is a lot of bias towards clare lads not getting protected enough in here i play with granville i know wat im saying:cool:

loose cannon
22/10/2005, 2:45 PM
Fair enough just took you up wrong so.

First
24/10/2005, 7:03 AM
Fine centre half + Frank was a classy soccer player with Shannon Town also, was part of the youths team that got to the national final.:ball:

Was he wearing the red helmet then

CousinSylDolan
24/10/2005, 9:11 AM
Results 23/10/05
F.A.I. Snickers U17 Cup 2nd Round
Connolly Celtic 1 Geraldines 8

Gallivan Kennedy Youths League
St.Pats 2 Lifford 0

F.A.I. Youths Cup 2nd Round
Moher Celtic 2 Newmarket Celtic 6

Munster Youths Cup 2nd Round
Newtown 4 Bridge United 3

Clare U17 League
Turnpike Rovers 2 Bunratty 0

Munster Senior Cup First Round
Cobh Wanderers 1 (4-5 Pens)Avenue United 1

Munster Junior Cup First Round
Newmarket Celtic B 1 Bridge United A 2

Turnpike Rovers 2 Newmarket Celtic A 3

Munster Junior Cup 2nd Round
Lifford A Bridge United B

Maloney Hardware Premier Division League
Rinnanna Rovers A 4 Bunratty 1

Bridge Celtic A (P-P) Cratloe Celtic

Newtown A 0 Mountshannon Celtic 3

Clare Hire & Sales First Division League
Rock Rovers 1 Connolly Celtic 2

Moher Celtic 2 Corofin Harps 1

Burren United 0 Shannon Olympic A 4

Hermitage 2 Avenue United B 1

SEL Print Second Division League
Kilkee 2 Cooraclare Celtic 0

St. Pats A 0 Shannon Olympic B 2

Tulla United 3 Ennistymon Town 2

Kilrush Rangers 2 Kildysart Celtic 3

Suttons Lighting Third Division League

Rhine Rovers 2 Lifford B 8

Inch Crusaders 2 Manus Celtic 0

CousinSylDolan
24/10/2005, 9:12 AM
Lynch Hotels Clare & District Soccer League Fixtures
Sunday 30/10/05

Clare Hire & Sales First Division League
Fairgreen: Hermitage V Connolly Celtic J.Deniffee 2.30

Mullagh: Burren United V Rock Rovers
P.Cullen 11.00

Liscannor: Moher Celtic V Avenue United
F.Coote 11.00

SEL Print Second Division League

Cooraclare: Cooraclare Celtic V Shannon Olympic B
D.McCarthy 11.00

Lahinch: Ennistymon Town V Turnpike Rovers
J.Stanford 11.00

Sixmilebridge: Bridge United B V St.Pats A
P.Mulready 11.00

Suttons Lightings Third Division League
Ballycasey: Newtown B V Lifford B
D.Cunningham 2.00

Lees Road Pitch 1: Inch Crusaders V St.Pats B D.Cunningham 11.00

Newmarket: Newmarket Celtic B V Rhine Rovers
A.Murphy 1.30

Tiermaclane: Manus Celtic V Bridge Celtic B
P.Markham 11.00

Monday 31/10/05
Maloney Hardware Shannon Premier Division League
O`Briensbridge: Bridge Celtic A V Cratloe Celtic
D.McCarthy 2.30

Munster Junior Cup Second Round

Lees Road Pitch 2: Avenue United A V Corofin harps
P.Markham 11.00

Ballycasey: Newtown A V Newmarket Celtic A
F.Coote 2.00

Shannon: Shannon Olympic A V Bridge United A
A.Murphy 11.00

Johnnie C
24/10/2005, 9:19 AM
What's the best a Clare side has done in the FAI and Munster Junior Cups ?

First
24/10/2005, 9:21 AM
Avenue beaten in a FAI final.
Newmarket Celtic beaten in a MJC final

Anyone else

Clifford
24/10/2005, 9:39 AM

was that the year they beat avenue in the semi 2-0 in newmarket? there was 2 r 3 guys in that team that got trials across the water.

CousinSylDolan
24/10/2005, 9:42 AM
Bunratty lost to St. Brendans in the quarter final about 4 years ago.

Did'nt Avenue loose to Clonmel town in the semi final 2 years ago after beating Fairview in Limerick...

Clifford
24/10/2005, 9:47 AM
What's the best a Clare side has done in the FAI and Munster Junior Cups ?

avenue beaten in 1990 fai final 2-0 by cherry orchard and in the semi final in 1997 by portmarnock 2-0 aet. (avenue missed a pen in normal time)

they have also lost 4 munster junior semi finals.

old boy
24/10/2005, 9:56 AM
Avenue beaten in a FAI final.
Newmarket Celtic beaten in a MJC final

Anyone else

yeah would agree with that
and 2 great teams at the time
:D

Prem Rep!
24/10/2005, 10:03 AM
Did Davy make his debut for Newtown yesterday??

CousinSylDolan
24/10/2005, 10:19 AM

I dont think so... I hear Fairview are delaying the transfer by refusing to sign the transfer form...

First
24/10/2005, 10:21 AM

No , there seems to be a problem with Fairview signing the transfer form.

CousinSylDolan
24/10/2005, 10:29 AM
2nd Round Draw

Avenue UnitedvCorofin Harps
Newtown "A"v Newmarket Cel "A
Lifford v Bridge United "B" or Shannon Olympic "B"
Shannon Olympic "A" v Bridge Utd "A"

3rd Round Draw

B v D
A v C

2nd Round games to be played on or before 19th / 20th November 2005.
3rd Round games to be played on or before 17th / 18th December 2005.
4th Round (Open Draw) games to be played on or before 28th / 29th January 2006.

plasticpitch
25/10/2005, 11:12 AM
great result for avenue down in cork over the wekend... any report??

Prem Rep!
25/10/2005, 12:23 PM
Yeah, fair play. That result was needed after the Clare teams previous weeks poor results in FAI.

the only 1
26/10/2005, 2:21 AM
fiztpatrick played with pike sunday made a good impression signed from avenue:ball:

Clifford
26/10/2005, 9:59 AM
great result for avenue down in cork over the wekend... any report??

it was the only game to go ahead in cork at the weekend. if it didn't they would have lost home advantage. avenue went 1 up through at least a 90 yard shot (honest) walla clearance over the top caught the keeper in two minds and before he could react the ball skidded into the net. a cracker??? the next time avenue touched the ball was to pick it out of the net. from kick off they came down the other end and scored in less than a minute. madness. the conditions were heavy and cobh were good and phyical but it was avenue who had them on the back foot for the rest of the game and deserved to go through 5--4 on pens. it was there first defeat of the season and they are top of there league james hanrahan scoring the fifth and they blazed over the bar. they now travel to cork again to play ballynahassig in the next round. if avenue can win 2 more rounds the munster league of ireland teams come into the draw. (cork city at lees rd)

Clifford
26/10/2005, 10:05 AM
fiztpatrick played with pike sunday made a good impression signed from avenue:ball:
brian fitzpatrick. yes fitzy good player came up through avenue ranks. is a committed eire og man. just back from an injury that had him out for a while. he is a very good player but never really played a full season for avenue. maybe that will change next season. avenue squad with fitzy dayrl and o'grady back. (opps sorry just daydreaming there, but who knows)
pike beat ulaa 1-0. did he play the full game??? who was the other avenue play reported to have signed with pike.

plasticpitch
26/10/2005, 12:20 PM
Yeah, fair play. That result was needed after the Clare teams previous weeks poor results in FAI.
clifford are they a munster senior league side... cobh wanderers ??

Dinger
26/10/2005, 6:17 PM
I hear Barry Downes is moving house from the Bridge to Rineanna and thinking about signing for either Newmarket,Rineanna or Newtown.Can you shed some light on this,
PremRep?

the only 1
26/10/2005, 6:45 PM
brian fitzpatrick. yes fitzy good player came up through avenue ranks. is a committed eire og man. just back from an injury that had him out for a while. he is a very good player but never really played a full season for avenue. maybe that will change next season. avenue squad with fitzy dayrl and o'grady back. (opps sorry just daydreaming there, but who knows)
pike beat ulaa 1-0. did he play the full game??? who was the other avenue play reported to have signed with pike.

a goalkeeper played for an hour