PDA

View Full Version : Clare Junior Soccer

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54

loose cannon
09/08/2005, 11:43 AM
Well Olympians is it true Jimmy Hooligan has signed for new market. Class player probably better suited to the premier, will he be missed?

OpenGoal
09/08/2005, 1:32 PM
Dont know, maybe he is. Bit of a strange move??? A Shannon man going to play in Newmarket??

loose cannon
09/08/2005, 3:48 PM
Not worth the paper its written on, we will see at the start of the season :)

lookout
09/08/2005, 6:02 PM
anyone now how the friendly between sixmilebridge and ballynaty from limerick went yesterday??

they were beat 6-0, changed the whole side tho at half time, wouldnt read into the result.,

loose cannon
10/08/2005, 12:56 PM
Does anyone know if Buratty has a B team and if so what division they are in.

loose cannon
10/08/2005, 3:03 PM
Some handy players on that team Hacker, any chance olympic might pick up one or two from them.

papa-j
10/08/2005, 3:56 PM
like who... the only decent player they had last year is gone to brigde utd

whos that...if he was decent would he not have been on Bunratty A team.
Will "he" get a game at bridge utd. Have the bridge signed anybody of note? :confused:

papa-j
11/08/2005, 1:33 PM
Anybody have a confirmed start date and/or fixture listing for new season? :ball:

oldspice
12/08/2005, 7:12 AM
Anybody have a confirmed start date and/or fixture listing for new season? :ball:

Clare league meeting on monday (or Tuesday, not too sure)last confirmed Premier league and shield for other divisions due to start on Sunday-week (August 21).

loose cannon
12/08/2005, 8:54 AM
How are ye fixed for the new season old spice, ye must be favourites for the first this season.

leftie
12/08/2005, 10:03 AM
How are ye fixed for the new season old spice, ye must be favourites for the first this season.

Favourites in whos eyes? No disrespect to Kilkishen but they did only finish mid table last year as far as I can remember. What has changed to instill them as favourites?

Goals4fun
12/08/2005, 1:02 PM
they were beat 6-0, changed the whole side tho at half time, wouldnt read into the result.,

beaten 4-1 by park also.

papa-j
15/08/2005, 11:59 AM
all Clare league posters see the fixture list attached for the first week of the new season. Some interesting early games in the Premier should give an indication of how the season will progress. :ball:

plasticpitch
16/08/2005, 9:56 AM
Just wondering who people think are going to take honours this year??
:) :ball:

Prem Rep!
16/08/2005, 11:23 AM
Premier will be tighter than ever I think. Avenue, Lifford, Bridge, Bunratty, Newtown, Bridge Celtic and Newmarket all in the hunt and capable of putting in a winning season. Any transfer news from the premier!

Murphman
16/08/2005, 12:15 PM
Hi Guys,
Give your predictions for the new season on www.clareleague.com (http://www.clareleague.com),
there is an online poll running...Also there is the latest transfer news from the premier...

loose cannon
17/08/2005, 1:03 PM
Just heard the news that old spice has left kilkishen, i think the reason is players leaving and some players not giving a hundred per cent. Thats a pity, and Kilkishen may struggle now as a result. But you can see where he is coming from they had a great run in the first last year and looked like winning it but then the hurling starts. Must break your heart as a manager.

OpenGoal
17/08/2005, 1:34 PM
Kilkishen were a decent enough side last year, but i dont think they were really that close to winning it??? Where did they finish, 5th? Bridge walked away with it, with Mountshannon a clear 2nd. kilkishen were in the chasing pack, along way off. Pity that old spice left, has he any plans to find a new club? Good guy, I'm sure other clubs will take an interest.

So who are the favourites for the first division this season? Any of the promoted sides any good? I know avenue b beat Olympic in the Cup last year so they must be at least good enough to challenge.

oldspice
17/08/2005, 2:47 PM
Kilkishen were a decent enough side last year, but i dont think they were really that close to winning it??? Where did they finish, 5th? Bridge walked away with it, with Mountshannon a clear 2nd. kilkishen were in the chasing pack, along way off. Pity that old spice left, has he any plans to find a new club? Good guy, I'm sure other clubs will take an interest.

So who are the favourites for the first division this season? Any of the promoted sides any good? I know avenue b beat Olympic in the Cup last year so they must be at least good enough to challenge.

Opengoal, Thanks, I think there may have been a compliment in there somewhere!!However, I've no interest in getting involved with another club. I'm no longer manager but that doesn't stop me from caring. I think what Loosecannon was alluding to was that with 5 games remaining last season we were one of only 3 teams that could win the division although ironically, with 3 remaining we could also have been relegated. We would have needed everything to go our way towards the end but once we lost the 5th last game interest died dramatically. It was a win or bust situation and with the bad run we went on mid-season it was always unlikely. A few players who would have had hurling as their priority gave a commitment to stay on as long as we were in the running but on the condition that if we were out of the running, they would be free to concentrate on the smaller ball. That was the agreement and it was fair enough as far as I was concerned. Once we were out of contention we were weakened dramatically (as was illustrated by my few cameo appearances towards the end) and ended up losing 6 out of our last 7 games. Therefore, I think our final ranking (6th I think) was a bit misleading. Ask Bridge Celtic which opposition they found toughest last season. Favourites to win this season? I fancy yourselves to fight it out with Moher and the 'Tage. I have elaborated a bit (as if this wasn't long enough) over on Clareleague.com

Bonovox
19/08/2005, 11:58 AM
I just checked out the Clare League website. Is that Barry Fry on the main page with his hand stretched like Patrick Sarsfield? Always wondered where he ended up. Also that 'keeper looks a bit podgy!

old boy
19/08/2005, 1:04 PM
I just checked out the Clare League website. Is that Barry Fry on the main page with his hand stretched like Patrick Sarsfield? Always wondered where he ended up. Also that 'keeper looks a bit podgy!

that is hughie (god ) kelly who guided clare league to first oscar traynor victory ..... keeper must have only been in pre season training
anybody know any of people on clare league main page

1 from olympic i think brendan rouane >>> not sure

old boy
19/08/2005, 4:10 PM
Opengoal, Thanks, I think there may have been a compliment in there somewhere!!However, I've no interest in getting involved with another club. I'm no longer manager but that doesn't stop me from caring. I think what Loosecannon was alluding to was that with 5 games remaining last season we were one of only 3 teams that could win the division although ironically, with 3 remaining we could also have been relegated. We would have needed everything to go our way towards the end but once we lost the 5th last game interest died dramatically. It was a win or bust situation and with the bad run we went on mid-season it was always unlikely. A few players who would have had hurling as their priority gave a commitment to stay on as long as we were in the running but on the condition that if we were out of the running, they would be free to concentrate on the smaller ball. That was the agreement and it was fair enough as far as I was concerned. Once we were out of contention we were weakened dramatically (as was illustrated by my few cameo appearances towards the end) and ended up losing 6 out of our last 7 games. Therefore, I think our final ranking (6th I think) was a bit misleading. Ask Bridge Celtic which opposition they found toughest last season. Favourites to win this season? I fancy yourselves to fight it out with Moher and the 'Tage. I have elaborated a bit (as if this wasn't long enough) over on Clareleague.com

kilkishen seem to be really struggling at the moment heard that their b team has now pulled out of 3rd division shield !!!

Pauliwallnuts
19/08/2005, 4:30 PM
kilkishen seem to be really struggling at the moment heard that their b team has now pulled out of 3rd division shield !!!

That would be an understatement !!

Murphman
19/08/2005, 4:52 PM
that is hughie (god ) kelly who guided clare league to first oscar traynor victory ..... keeper must have only been in pre season training
anybody know any of people on clare league main page

1 from olympic i think brendan rouane >>> not sure

I think these are people in photo...

http://www.freewebs.com/clareleague/clareleague_final_test1.gif
Anton Mannerine (Lifford) is on far left, Goalkeeper is Sean Fleming (Bridge Celtic), Hugh Kelly (Manager), Finbarr Neville(I think) (Bunratty B) in the middle running, Guy with Slattery jersey is Cathal Turner (Tulla), Brendan McKeogh (Shannon O) is on far right and up top is Daniel Aherne(Oscar traynor/Bridge Celtic)...

shelbourne1904
20/08/2005, 1:49 PM
Dont know, maybe he is. Bit of a strange move??? A Shannon man going to play in Newmarket??
Nearly as stramge as a Shannon man going to Bunratty???

OpenGoal
22/08/2005, 8:33 AM
Nearly as stramge as a Shannon man going to Bunratty???

Not sure what your point is, but I cant see the point of a shannon man joining Bunratty either?

BallBreaker
22/08/2005, 10:10 AM
Does anyone have all the results of the premier from the weekend,here is what i know

Bridge United 3
Bunratty 1

Newtown 0
Rinneanna 0

Heard Mountshannon and Cratloe also won,

also any fixtures for next weekend... :ball: :ball:

CousinSylDolan
22/08/2005, 10:18 AM
Lynch Hotels Clare & District Soccer League Results
Sunday 21/08/05
Maloney Hardware Shannon Premier Division League
Avenue United A 3 Bridge Celtic A 2

Bridge United A 3 Bunratty A 1

Newtown A 0 Rinnanna Rovers A 0

Cratloe Celtic 2 Lifford A.F.C. 2

Newmarket Celtic A 0 Mountshannon Celtic 2

First Division League Cup Section A
Connolly Celtic 1 Burren United 4

Corofin Harps 2 Moher Celtic 2

First Division League Cup Section B
Hermitage 1 Kilkishen Celtic A 2

Kilmaley United 2 Shannon Olympic A 3

Second Division League Cup Section A
Kilrush Rangers 4 Cooraclare Celtic 2

Kilkee (P-P) St.Pats A

Second Division League Cup Section B
Ennistymon Town 0 Bridge United B 1

Tulla United A (P_P)Turnpike Rovers

Third Division League Cup Section A

Rhine Rovers (P-P) Newmarket Celtic B

Manus Celtic (P-P) St.Pats B

Third Division League Cup Section B
Shannon Olympic B 7 Bridge Celtic B 0

Newtown B (P-P) Kilkishen Celtic B

CousinSylDolan
22/08/2005, 10:19 AM
Lynch Hotels Clare & District Soccer League Fixtures
Sunday 28/08/05
Lees Road Pitch 2: Avenue United A V Rinnanna Rovers J.Deniffee 2.30

Sixmilebridge: Bridge United A V Bridge Celtic A
P.Markham 11.00

Ballycasey: Newtown A V Newmarket Celtic A
M.O`Halloran 3.00

Ruan: Lifford A. V Bunratty A
D.McCarthy 11.00

Kilmaley School: Connolly Celtic V Corofin Harps
P.Gleeson 11.00

Fairgreen: Avenue United B V Burren United
P.Cullen 11.00
Moher Celtic (Bye)

Kilkishen: Kilkishen Celtic A V Kilmaley United
P.Dunne 11.00

Lees Road Pitch 4: Rock Rovers V Shannon Olympic A P.Mulready 11.00

Hermitage (Bye)

CBS Kilrush: Kilrush Rangers V Lifford B F.Coote 2.30

Cooraclare: Cooraclare Celtic V Kilkee Celtic
F.Coote 11.00

Second Division League Cup Section B
Lees Road Pitch 1: Turnpike Rovers V Ennistymon Town J.Stanford 11.00

Tiermaclane: Clarecastle United V Newmarket Celtic B A.Murphy 11.00

Ballycasey: Newtown B V Shannon Olympic B
D.Cunningham 11.00

Tuesday 30/08/05
Bunratty: Bunratty A V Avenue United A
M.O`Halloran 6.30

Ruan: Lifford A V Newtown A
J.Deniffee 6.30

Wednesday 31/08/05
O`Briensbridge: Bridge Celtic A V Newmarket Celtic A P.Cullen 6.30

Scariff: Mountshannon Celtic V Bridge United A
P.Gleeson 6.30

Rinnanna: Rinnanna Rovers A V Cratloe Celtic
P.Mulready 6.30

Kilmaley School: Connolly Celtic V Moher Celtic
F.Coote 6.30

Corofin: Corofin Harps V Avenue United B
P.Dunne 6.30
Burren United (Bye)

Fairgreen: Hermitage V Rock Rovers
D.McCarthy 6.30

Shannon: Shannon Olympic A V Kilkishen Celtic
M.O`Halloran 6.30
Kilmaley United (Bye)

Thursday 01/09/05

Ruan: Lifford B V Kilkee J.Stanford 6.30

Tiermaclane: Manus Celtic V Newmarket Celtic B
T.McInerney 6.30

O`Briensbridge: Bridge Celtic B V Newtown B
P.Gleeson 6.30

Kicks
22/08/2005, 10:37 AM
Have Killkishen B and Tulla B pulled out of the shield. Also does anyone know about any clubs starting new B teams for the 3rd division or are any of the B teams that broke up last year starting again this year. For example Cratloe B.

loose cannon
22/08/2005, 10:40 AM
How did bridge celtic get on in there first game in the premier?

papa-j
22/08/2005, 11:12 AM
How did bridge celtic get on in there first game in the premier?

Some interesting results. Can anybody give us some brief match reports on the premier games. The Newtown/Rineanna was dominated by Newtown with plenty of posession & some lovely football but with the 3 main goalscorers out injured/holidays they couldn't put one away. Rineanna battled hard with 1 or 2 breakaway's. Overall Newtown should have won comfortably but fair play to Rineanna for scraping a valuable point. 2 points dropped for Newtown. :ball:

Clifford
22/08/2005, 5:07 PM
Some interesting results. Can anybody give us some brief match reports on the premier games. The Newtown/Rineanna was dominated by Newtown with plenty of posession & some lovely football but with the 3 main goalscorers out injured/holidays they couldn't put one away. Rineanna battled hard with 1 or 2 breakaway's. Overall Newtown should have won comfortably but fair play to Rineanna for scraping a valuable point. 2 points dropped for Newtown. :ball:

avenue united 3 bridge celtic 2

avenue scored from a corner in the first half, when keeper dropped or flapped at ball in crowded goalmouth. davide reacted quick to stab home from 6 yards. (would personally have given free out for foul on keeper) celtic had the better exchanges in the first half. surface in lees rd was hard surface but slippery. avenue defence stretched on numerous occasions. second half bridge started where they left off and it was only a matter of time before they levelled. johnny purtill was playing very well for avenue. saved inswinging corner six defenders flat footed looking at the daisys growing 1-1. avenue played a bit more composed football after this and scored twice in 5 mins. walla intercepted through ball 9or bridge would have been in on goal) 4 short passes spread out right, one touch then cross and in rushing stephen o'loughlin slid it home. davide then burst through, keeper made good save and sub ross conlon followed up to make it 3-1. last kick of game barry nuggets attempted clearance fell in bridge forwards path and neatly put it up passes jp. 3-2 game over. avenue can count themselves lucky to have got all 3 points and bridge will definitely have a say where league ends up.

leftpeg
23/08/2005, 10:09 AM
On a previous article does bonovox think he is funny slagging off the clareleague website? I dont think the limerick league website is up to much..

Prem Rep!
23/08/2005, 2:37 PM
Great reports and previews of the premier league in the clare people. Sure show up the champion. Hopefully can raise the profile of the league.
Well done to the Clare people staff!

gaffer
24/08/2005, 7:52 AM
For anyone who has not heard the above fixtures for the 24th and 25th are to be played on the 31st and the 1st.

Prem Rep!
24/08/2005, 8:08 AM
Any Result from the Avenue game last night??

Clifford
24/08/2005, 10:16 AM
Any Result from the Avenue game last night??

0-0 draw between avenue and lifford. the game was switched to lees road. the wind played a big part in this match. it was blown across the pitch towards corner flag and favoured avenue in first half. they had couple of chances, best was a cross by honars that was caught by wind. heath was coming off line to attack it but had to back pedal to tip it over bar. (good keeper, impressive) davide had a great chance one on one but took too long and a great defensive block knocked it out for a corner.
second half lifford launched attacks, avenue defense firm, but two good saves from spudy murphy, one in the last 5 minutes where lifford were one on one. i suppose a draw was a fair result and there is no love lost between avenue and lifford. in fairness lifford have some quality players (who are young) one r 2 missing but when they return and fitness improves i'd expect them to be pushing for honors.

plasticpitch
24/08/2005, 11:42 AM
Yeah good game last night was v physical but i don't think there was any bad tackles in the match. i think there was only 3 yellows... also there was a new ref p gleeson and i think he did an impressive job. lifford are trying to get some youths into the first team . centre midfield pairing combined age was 33.
thought lifford were probably the better team overall but a draw was a fair result.... every team this year will want to beat avenue and they will need their full squad... think clifford is still injured... but they are v strong this year and won't lose a lot of games whatever about draws :ball:

Clifford
24/08/2005, 12:36 PM
Yeah good game last night was v physical but i don't think there was any bad tackles in the match. i think there was only 3 yellows... also there was a new ref p gleeson and i think he did an impressive job. lifford are trying to get some youths into the first team . centre midfield pairing combined age was 33.
thought lifford were probably the better team overall but a draw was a fair result.... every team this year will want to beat avenue and they will need their full squad... think clifford is still injured... but they are v strong this year and won't lose a lot of games whatever about draws :ball:

why do u think i am injured?????? ya pa gleeson is one of the best refs in clare and has been noted in munster as well to progress. he got a black tick though as honars should have got a red (ref inspector) and i personally thought the bald head forward should have been carded for lifford. avenue squad not big or good enough yet. gary flynn the limerick u21 is already out for the season. knee damage while playing for eire og. add the like of sean o meara and monie who is going abroad soon. you cant replace class like that very easy. they had 3 b players as subs yesterday.

shelbourne1904
24/08/2005, 12:59 PM
When you say switched to Lees Road.Why was this?are Lifford still based in Ruan??
0-0 draw between avenue and lifford. the game was switched to lees road. the wind played a big part in this match. it was blown across the pitch towards corner flag and favoured avenue in first half. they had couple of chances, best was a cross by honars that was caught by wind. heath was coming off line to attack it but had to back pedal to tip it over bar. (good keeper, impressive) davide had a great chance one on one but took too long and a great defensive block knocked it out for a corner.
second half lifford launched attacks, avenue defense firm, but two good saves from spudy murphy, one in the last 5 minutes where lifford were one on one. i suppose a draw was a fair result and there is no love lost between avenue and lifford. in fairness lifford have some quality players (who are young) one r 2 missing but when they return and fitness improves i'd expect them to be pushing for honors.

Clifford
24/08/2005, 1:21 PM
When you say switched to Lees Road.Why was this?are Lifford still based in Ruan??

the game was originally down for ruan but for some reason lifford requested it for lees road?????? i actually think it will go down as avenues home game and still have to play in ruan.

shelbourne1904
24/08/2005, 3:43 PM
Thanks,any idea why Lifford didnt apply for Lees Road while waiting for their new place??

the game was originally down for ruan but for some reason lifford requested it for lees road?????? i actually think it will go down as avenues home game and still have to play in ruan.

Clifford
25/08/2005, 10:07 AM
Thanks,any idea why Lifford didnt apply for Lees Road while waiting for their new place??

i heard it was because of the costs involved (don't know how true this is but the costs add up) lifford like avenue have 6 to 8 teams and training costs as well (if they were going to train there) at ther moment its 60 euro a junior game and 30 for underage. 50 euro astro turf session. the complex is great but the pitches are very open and with the lovely weather elements to look forward to in winter!!!!! the pike and tage are playing out of green as are avenue b, who were beat last night by connolly 2-1 in shield. these 2 teams are going straight back down i am afraid because they are shocking. in fairness avenue should have been 5 up at half time but second half ran out of steam big time. i suppose when you have 2 42 yrs olds, 1 40, 2 37, 5 31 starting they are going to tire. to make matters worse there youngest player asked to come off 20 mins into game because he was knackered. bye bye ist division. might be harsh as no gaa players back but if you see connolly, then u'd agree. i think they would struggle in the third division. compare them with the team i saw play avenue a 2 yrs ago, where r all there players??????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????????

CousinSylDolan
25/08/2005, 10:45 AM
Where is Lee's Road?

Any chance someone could give directions?

OpenGoal
25/08/2005, 10:50 AM
Where is Lee's Road?

Any chance someone could give directions?

go to Ennis, take the Lahinch road off the roundabout, take your first right, and its in there somewhere. thats the directions i got. I'm sure the ennis lads on here can be more accurate. we are playing out there on Sunday so I'll be back with a full report. Great playing surface by all accounts so far though!

allrounder
25/08/2005, 11:22 AM
Lees Road is not signposted yet. Take the Lahinch road off the roundabout, go 1/2 mile turn right at the signpost for drumcliff cemetery. Go through cross junction and the entrance to lees road is on your left.

result from last night

newmarket 1
cratloe 1

any other results?

CousinSylDolan
25/08/2005, 11:31 AM
Lees Road is not signposted yet. Take the Lahinch road off the roundabout, go 1/2 mile turn right at the signpost for drumcliff cemetery. Go through cross junction and the entrance to lees road is on your left.

result from last night

newmarket 1
cratloe 1

any other results?

Rineanna 3-1 Bridge Utd.

plasticpitch
25/08/2005, 1:01 PM

.There was a lady killed in a car accident from ruan recently, her brother owns liffords pitch in ruan and due to his siter's death was unable to prepare the pitch for soccer,As far as i am aware this is the reason , put not disappointed as the lees road is fantastic :ball:

Clifford
25/08/2005, 1:10 PM
.There was a lady killed in a car accident from ruan recently, her brother owns liffords pitch in ruan and due to his siter's death was unable to prepare the pitch for soccer,As far as i am aware this is the reason , put not disappointed as the lees road is fantastic :ball:

the crash at clarecastle miss daffy died. under those circumstance u couldn't but oblige. what happenend bridge united last night, losing to rineanna any report???