PDA

View Full Version : Clare Junior Soccer

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54

old boy
21/06/2005, 9:51 AM
this sums up the standard of clare soccer for me when ye keep harping on about this webb tournament,it prob has alot of sentimental value to ye as a tournament but as regards a trophy to win iv never heard of it,is it any wonder yer best players leave for a higher standard in the limerick league,[dave o grady daryl eades davey wall mike omalley scalesy seamie lawlor nabs just to name a few ]

only 2 good players mentioned above davy wall / mike o mally

the rest would be good in clare league but very average in limerick :D :D

old boy
21/06/2005, 9:58 AM
talking about standards of both leagues

here is a new angle ... local tournament being played in shannon gaa all weather pitches tucker tournament ( memorial cup for thomas prendergast) ex newtown / park rangers player..

talking to referee the other night pat mulready...

he & pat o brien were advised by clare league & limerick league
that they would be banned from all clare / limerick matches in future if they refereed in this tournament as it was not recognised by the munster f.a. ... unfortunatly pat o brien has pulled out of tournament now ... anybody else think clare / limerick leagues being extremly petty here :confused: :confused:

shelbourne1904
21/06/2005, 10:49 AM
talking about standards of both leagues, here is a new angle ... local tournament being played in shannon gaa all weather pitches tucker tournament ( memorial cup for thomas prendergast) ex newtown / park rangers player.. talking to referee the other night pat mulready...he & pat o brien were advised by clare league & limerick league.that they would be banned from all clare / limerick matches in future if they refereed in this tournament as it was not recognised by the munster f.a. ... unfortunatly pat o brien has pulled out of tournament now ... anybody else think clare / limerick leagues being extremly petty here :confused: :confused:
Do we know who from the CL actually said this??I find it hard to believe.Having said all this all the organises had to do was write to Munster to get authority to to hold the tournament.I have never heard of anybody being refused.The difficulty here is that some League has to be responsible for tournaments which are held in its jurisdiction.The question which I raised earlier by way of asking how Limerick refs do the Wesley Webb becomes very relevant.Again there is a process that,if complied with would avoid all of these issues.

oldspice
21/06/2005, 12:04 PM
Do we know who from the CL actually said this??I find it hard to believe.Having said all this all the organises had to do was write to Munster to get authority to to hold the tournament.I have never heard of anybody being refused.The difficulty here is that some League has to be responsible for tournaments which are held in its jurisdiction.The question which I raised earlier by way of asking how Limerick refs do the Wesley Webb becomes very relevant.Again there is a process that,if complied with would avoid all of these issues.
Just what is the Clare League's (or Limerick League's) "jurisdiction"? It can't be geographical as there are teams from both leagues in Shannon. It can't currently relate to players either as a player's registration only goes from beginning of season to end of season. Also, the teams in the Tucker tournament are drawn from workplaces rather than from clubs. The games aren't played on a soccer pitch, don't have full soccer rules and aren't 11 a-side. If, as was mentioned, the leagues are trying to call foul on such a tournament, they should be told to butt out. It's really just a bunch of lads having a kick about in a slightly organised fashion and should be treated as such.

old boy
21/06/2005, 1:16 PM
:confused:
all i know is that pat mulready got a phone call from the clare league telling him if he refereed he would be banned from all future clare league matches :confused:

OpenGoal
21/06/2005, 2:51 PM
just to clear up a few things.......

1) The CL would be idiotic to reprimand Pa mul in the slightest about this, given the shortage of "good" referee's in the county

2) Someone fom the CL DID say something to him as he told me this personally last week

3) the tucker tournament, while only a 9-a-side on astro this year, is usually 11-a-side on a proper pitch, and fiercely competetive, and treated quite seriously by the teams involved.

4) you are correct, the tournament is inter-firm.

shelbourne1904
22/06/2005, 8:31 AM
Just what is the Clare League's (or Limerick League's) "jurisdiction"? It can't be geographical as there are teams from both leagues in Shannon. It can't currently relate to players either as a player's registration only goes from beginning of season to end of season. Also, the teams in the Tucker tournament are drawn from workplaces rather than from clubs. The games aren't played on a soccer pitch, don't have full soccer rules and aren't 11 a-side. If, as was mentioned, the leagues are trying to call foul on such a tournament, they should be told to butt out. It's really just a bunch of lads having a kick about in a slightly organised fashion and should be treated as such.
All good points,so why did they feel the need to get an official referee??

oldspice
22/06/2005, 11:32 AM
All good points,so why did they feel the need to get an official referee??

Presumably because official referees would be recognised as having the ability and technical know-how to properly control the games. However, they are doing it in a private capacity, as the tournament is obviously not sanctioned by the local leagues. Mind you, if the Clare League are small minded enough ('though I don't know for sure what threats etc have been made) to threaten sanctions, it may answer your earlier question as to why Limerick refs are used for the WW tournament.

old boy
22/06/2005, 12:18 PM
Presumably because official referees would be recognised as having the ability and technical know-how to properly control the games. However, they are doing it in a private capacity, as the tournament is obviously not sanctioned by the local leagues. Mind you, if the Clare League are small minded enough ('though I don't know for sure what threats etc have been made) to threaten sanctions, it may answer your earlier question as to why Limerick refs are used for the WW tournament.

SEE EARLIER THREAD .... PAT O BRIEN LIMERICK REFEREE PULLED OUT OF TUCKER TOURNAMENT AS LIMERICK THREATENED TO BAN HIM IF HE REFEREED IN TOURNAMENT... SO IT IS JUST NOT CLARE LEAGUE SMALL MINDEDNESS ... :p

shelbourne1904
23/06/2005, 9:17 AM
Exactly and Pat Mul is still reffereeing!!!
I dont see what normaltechnical information is required considering there are no throw ins , no corners ,no normal penalty area, its 9 aside , 1/2 an hour each way and substitutions are allowed come off and go back on at random and are not monitored by the referee??

old boy
23/06/2005, 2:54 PM
has anybody got any confirmation of when new season is starting

:cool:

shelbourne1904
23/06/2005, 4:11 PM
has anybody got any confirmation of when new season is starting

:cool:
Premier is promised to be 22nd August.Dont know about the rest.

papa-j
24/06/2005, 11:03 AM
so anybody got any scoops on transfers in/out of clare league. ANY SCANDAL? Its all very quiet :D

shelbourne1904
24/06/2005, 1:22 PM
so anybody got any scoops on transfers in/out of clare league. ANY SCANDAL? Its all very quiet :D
Watch the space after Mondays AGM.Will the season start on the 22nd August or will the GAA clubs dominate the League again and play only midweek games untill their season is over???

shelbourne1904
28/06/2005, 10:16 AM
Watch the space after Mondays AGM.Will the season start on the 22nd August or will the GAA clubs dominate the League again and play only midweek games untill their season is over???
Well,was anyone at it??
No shocks except the fact that all the proposals seem to be passed over without being voted on and "left for another night".

Correction, there was one shock the Champion was thanked for it's vast coverage,what a joke!!Does anyone on the committee ever read a paper from another county,say Limerick or Kilkenny.The difference is astounding.The chairman then went on to say that all players want is their names mentioned.I dont ever remember anyone ever saying that a good balanced report by a reporter,as we see on other sports in the same paper,was not required in preference to a few names mentioned in a 2 line report sent in by a club,having already being shortened from what was supplied.It was a great opportunity,with the new paper ,the Clare People, and the CC present,to outline what was required of both of them,instead we stated everything was wonderful.Eamonn Dunphy would have been proud of the stink of "decent skinmanship".

old boy
28/06/2005, 12:03 PM
Well,was anyone at it??
No shocks except the fact that all the proposals seem to be passed over without being voted on and "left for another night".

Correction, there was one shock the Champion was thanked for it's vast coverage,what a joke!!Does anyone on the committee ever read a paper from another county,say Limerick or Kilkenny.The difference is astounding.The chairman then went on to say that all players want is their names mentioned.I dont ever remember anyone ever saying that a good balanced report by a reporter,as we see on other sports in the same paper,was not required in preference to a few names mentioned in a 2 line report sent in by a club,having already being shortened from what was supplied.It was a great opportunity,with the new paper ,the Clare People, and the CC present,to outline what was required of both of them,instead we stated everything was wonderful.Eamonn Dunphy would have been proud of the stink of "decent skinmanship".
great coverage in clare champion if u play hurling or gaelic football :eek: :eek:

Murphman
04/07/2005, 9:24 AM
What time and where is the A.G.M on tonight?

Pauliwallnuts
04/07/2005, 9:54 AM
What time and where is the A.G.M on tonight?

Murphman it was on last Monday night so you are a week late I'm afraid.

Nothing much happened really.

The premier league will kick off on the weekend of the 21st of Aug.
I'm not sure when they will play the shield.

All other divisions will start the same weekend but they will start with the shield rather than the league.

A number of coaching courses are to be organised & every club has been encouraged to send a representative. The Moher guy who is the FAI development officer for the region will be running that. More details will be sent out to club secretaries in the coming weeks.

A vote was taken on what punishment should be given to teams for dropping out of the league mid season. It was agreed that the said clubs would have to pay a fine for doing so before they would be allowed to enter the following year.

Then there was all the usual boring stuff about money & congratulating people etc & that was about it. Theres more but I've forgotton.

If you buy the Clare people on Tuesday it should contain details or if you look at last weeks edition of the Clare Champion it also contains details. You can find that at www.clarechampion.ie

By the way your site www.clareleague.com got a mention Murphman you'll be pleased to know.

old boy
08/07/2005, 10:23 AM
anybody got any confirmation on davy wall returning to newtown
:D :D :D

bunrattyrat
13/07/2005, 9:59 AM
does any of ye no of any players join'n new clubs this season?? :ball:

old boy
19/07/2005, 8:02 AM
very quiet on clare league
any new signings / transfers

most clubs must be back training for new season by now

:confused: :confused: :confused:

papa-j
19/07/2005, 10:41 AM
most people keeping it under their hats until forms are signed & submitted. Can confirm that Davy Wall wont be moving back to Clare league. :(

old boy
19/07/2005, 10:49 AM
most people keeping it under their hats until forms are signed & submitted. Can confirm that Davy Wall wont be moving back to Clare league. :(
yeah heard that myself.. he is supposed to be signing for pike rovers :mad: :mad:

papa-j
19/07/2005, 11:49 AM
pity, cause he would have been a great addition to the Newtown team this year. Cant blame him, he won an FAI + a few international caps & I'm sure he wants more of the same.If he changes his mind he'll always be welcome at Newtown. ;)

townie
19/07/2005, 2:55 PM
gary flynn, eoin glynn, john mulcahy and shane irwin will be playing for avenue next season out on the lees road! daryl eade also is thinkin of coming back to the league holders aswell as sean o meara! should be exciting!

oldspice
20/07/2005, 8:00 AM
With those additions Avenue won't be touched next season. Gary Flynn in particular is a fine young player but is he not currently playing with Limerick FC u-21s? They should be playing until late October.

old boy
20/07/2005, 9:48 AM
With those additions Avenue won't be touched next season. Gary Flynn in particular is a fine young player but is he not currently playing with Limerick FC u-21s? They should be playing until late October.
bold prediction we will have to wait and see if avenue can match these high expections.. don't forget everbody will want to beat the champions every time they play them .. :D :D plus we do not know how strong bunratty / bridge / newtown / newmarket will be this year... could be a intresting season :D :D

townie
20/07/2005, 10:13 AM
with those players we would be the best team on paper i think but the clare league comes down to heart and dog-fighting through the mud each winter not fancy skills or short passing! look at last years team we were hardly the greatest team we just battled on and got a good run going! the earlier start to season and the improved pitches will surely be benefit to us! who knows will be interesting! gary f is a very quick and strong young player! not playing for lim f.c anymore but the avenue! think he said it was the high wages that attracted him! like the wages lifford are earning! ;)

papa-j
20/07/2005, 2:17 PM
with those players we would be the best team on paper i think but the clare league comes down to heart and dog-fighting through the mud each winter not fancy skills or short passing! look at last years team we were hardly the greatest team we just battled on and got a good run going! the earlier start to season and the improved pitches will surely be benefit to us! who knows will be interesting! gary f is a very quick and strong young player! not playing for lim f.c anymore but the avenue! think he said it was the high wages that attracted him! like the wages lifford are earning! ;)

True names on a paper have yet to win anything but I disagree about last years Avenue team not being the greatest. I've seen all the avenue teams for the past 15-20years & while they didn't have any superstars last year they were physically strong, well balanced throughout & scored plenty of goals. Very consistant..which is the key. Also a sound bunch of lads without any of the cockyness of previous years..a lot to do with the manager I'd say.
A very good side overall.
Its going to be very tight this year. I fancy one from Avenue, Bridge or Newtown. Lifford shot their load last year & will struggle to make the same impact(the boss??) + it will depend on if B'ratty & N'market sign anybody. Any thoughts? :ball: :D

OpenGoal
20/07/2005, 5:16 PM
I dont know any of the guys mentioned above who are joining Avenue, but from reading the other responses Avenue seem to be the team to beat. Without Davy Wall, Newtown will lack the top quality they would need to be serious contenders. This may be a bold prediction, but I wouldnt rule out Bridge ****** winning the premier next year. Watch this space. Although we were no great shakes last year(Olympic), they absolutely tore us to pieces. We have played alot of good sides over the last 2-3 years, some of the top premier sides and never have we been beaten so easily. Avenue, Newmarket etc, be warned!!! And who of ye would relish a trip out to Bridgetown?????

oldspice
21/07/2005, 7:41 AM
I'd have to agree OpenGoal. Bridge ****** are going to cause a few surprises in the Premier this season. On their day (they did have a few mediocre ones last season) they were way better than anyone else in the first division and from what I've seen, there isn't a huge difference between the two divisions. However, while I don't think they'll experience too many problems with most of the teams in their new division, the step up to the likes of Avenue might prove to be one too far .... this season.

oldspice
21/07/2005, 7:44 AM
Does anyone know why the word ****** (as in Glasgow team with green and white hoops) is being automatically blanked out on this thread. It's as though it's a foul word !!!!!

OpenGoal
21/07/2005, 7:50 AM
Perhaps the owner of the site is a hun!!

How are Kilkishen looking for the new season? Have ye started training yet? Actually, thats an open question, how many clubs have started their pre-season?

papa-j
21/07/2005, 8:41 AM
I'd have to agree OpenGoal. Bridge ****** are going to cause a few surprises in the Premier this season. On their day (they did have a few mediocre ones last season) they were way better than anyone else in the first division and from what I've seen, there isn't a huge difference between the two divisions. However, while I don't think they'll experience too many problems with most of the teams in their new division, the step up to the likes of Avenue might prove to be one too far .... this season.

Oldspice this isn't a slagging but come on the difference between the better consistant teams in the premier & the first division teams is a fairly wide gap.
Granted now & again a really good side gets promoted & stays there but overall the gap is wide & has been for years. No disrespect but Olympic were thought of as a strong first division side last year, yet when it came to the play off, your chance of getting promoted against a very poor bananna rovers side. It didn't happen.I think thats a fair example of the difference between divisions. The 1st div is improving with more teams in the mix come end of season..but still off premier pace I'm afraid. :)

shelbourne1904
21/07/2005, 8:55 AM
Newtown may be hugely improved on last year as already they have re-signed 2 players who won the National League Youths cup with Wembley as well as the Russian lad from the Bridge.They will also have a youths team this year which is always a great backup with some more of their own players re-signing after a years holiday in Bunratty(BJ) waiting on the free tracksuits.The key to their success or failure will be whether or not their senior players decide to commit to training or not.

townie
21/07/2005, 10:19 AM
to be honest i dont know if avenues new signings will improve us or not as we had a very good team two years ago but had no consistency or spirit! we did well in munster junior knockin out fairview but made a balls of the league! so i would be cautious this year! was talkin to sean o meara who is also resigning this year as he is fed up with the football! daryl is also seriously considering coming back also! who knows how we will do with the new signings! i would think the league will be close again this yr but would be more worried about newtown if they get consistency and the bridge utd who slipped up towards the end! dont think lifford will be half as good this season think they did a nottingham forest on it last year! will slip to mid table i think! o briens bridge will be very tough and could suprise they a very good young strong team! anyways iv talked enough crap! goodluck

the 12 th man
21/07/2005, 10:44 AM
Perhaps the owner of the site is a hun!!

i would not go there opengoal,
the word was blanked because it causes mayhem anytime it surfaces on this site.(when its linked to a certain Glaswegian football team)

OpenGoal
21/07/2005, 11:38 AM
no prob big man

twas but a joke......... :)

oldspice
21/07/2005, 11:54 AM
Oldspice this isn't a slagging but come on the difference between the better consistant teams in the premier & the first division teams is a fairly wide gap.
Granted now & again a really good side gets promoted & stays there but overall the gap is wide & has been for years. No disrespect but Olympic were thought of as a strong first division side last year, yet when it came to the play off, your chance of getting promoted against a very poor bananna rovers side. It didn't happen.I think thats a fair example of the difference between divisions. The 1st div is improving with more teams in the mix come end of season..but still off premier pace I'm afraid. :)

P-J. Just so that you're not misled, I have no allegience to Olympic, I'm a Kilkishen man as most contributers to this thread would know. I know exactly what you're saying and history would back you up with most promoted clubs struggling in the premier but I do think this Bridge ****** team are a bit special ... if they stay together. They are a young side with a lot of fine footballers and a few on the line that would expect to get on most premier teams and they have a team spirit that a lot of better teams would love to be able to buy. I'm not suggesting that they are going to win the premier as I feel the top few might be a little too strong for them but I would be willing to bet a few bob that they'll finish closer to the top than the bottom. Any takers???

Bonovox
21/07/2005, 11:57 AM
SEE EARLIER THREAD .... PAT O BRIEN LIMERICK REFEREE PULLED OUT OF TUCKER TOURNAMENT AS LIMERICK THREATENED TO BAN HIM IF HE REFEREED IN TOURNAMENT... SO IT IS JUST NOT CLARE LEAGUE SMALL MINDEDNESS ... :p

Pat O Brien should be banned for being the most incompetent referee in the country!!

old boy
21/07/2005, 12:15 PM
True names on a paper have yet to win anything but I disagree about last years Avenue team not being the greatest. I've seen all the avenue teams for the past 15-20years & while they didn't have any superstars last year they were physically strong, well balanced throughout & scored plenty of goals. Very consistant..which is the key. Also a sound bunch of lads without any of the cockyness of previous years..a lot to do with the manager I'd say.
A very good side overall.
Its going to be very tight this year. I fancy one from Avenue, Bridge or Newtown. Lifford shot their load last year & will struggle to make the same impact(the boss??) + it will depend on if B'ratty & N'market sign anybody. Any thoughts? :ball: :D
come out of the clouds present team not even closely related to great avenue team . john o connor / john o mally / gearoid mannix / mikey twoomey / blackie / johnny purtill / mickey burns to name just a few and its not that long ago they were winning everything in clare.. :D :D :D

OpenGoal
21/07/2005, 1:27 PM
Pat O Brien should be banned for being the most incompetent referee in the country!!

not quite the "most incompetent" (you obviously dont play in clare) but his best days are behind him, I agree. Nice guy though.............

I can think of at least 3 refs in the CL worse than he.

P.Dunne, A. Murphy, Bubbles, prob more if I gave it time.

old boy
21/07/2005, 1:46 PM
not quite the "most incompetent" (you obviously dont play in clare) but his best days are behind him, I agree. Nice guy though.............

I can think of at least 3 refs in the CL worse than he.

P.Dunne, A. Murphy, Bubbles, prob more if I gave it time.

paddy dunne is the worlds worst referee...... how the clare league
can still use him is a disgrace .. :confused: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

bunrattyrat
21/07/2005, 3:55 PM

they wont be touched well bud ur a bit sure of uself there i have to disagree with u. that clare league title will be back where it belongs in the creamery in bunratty wait and see...........come tha rats!!!!!!!! :p

papa-j
21/07/2005, 4:04 PM
come out of the clouds present team not even closely related to great avenue team . john o connor / john o mally / gearoid mannix / mikey twoomey / blackie / johnny purtill / mickey burns to name just a few and its not that long ago they were winning everything in clare.. :D :D :D

never said that. Just made a point that the Avenue team this year were solid & consistant. A better TEAM than they have had for the past few years.
Not many teams would touch that Avenue team you mentioned, but back then N'market & Newtown were also very strong.
But old boy thats in the past. Are u still playing? :)

papa-j
21/07/2005, 4:09 PM
paddy dunne is the worlds worst referee...... how the clare league
can still use him is a disgrace .. :confused: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

paddy should be certified & whoever gives him a whistle should get 50 lashes:p

Header
21/07/2005, 7:31 PM
I heard a rumour Brian O'Connor & Donnacha Kelly are in a possible move to Caherdaven, is there any truth behind this, I think it's the proximity to shannon is what makes it the most attractive club in limerick to sign for. Any thoughts? Have Olympic made any new signings? :ball:

Bonovox
21/07/2005, 9:20 PM
Who is the Russian lad playing with Newtown?

OpenGoal
22/07/2005, 7:47 AM
I heard a rumour Brian O'Connor & Donnacha Kelly are in a possible move to Caherdaven, is there any truth behind this, I think it's the proximity to shannon is what makes it the most attractive club in limerick to sign for. Any thoughts? Have Olympic made any new signings? :ball:

Last time I checked Header, Shannon Town FC and Park Rangers were closer to Shannon than Caherdavin.

Dont know about any new signings for Olympic. I heard John Ryan from Bunratty might be coming, but probably only a rumour.

papa-j
22/07/2005, 8:51 AM
Who is the Russian lad playing with Newtown?

He's training with Newtown. Hasn't signed yet. Great attacking player - Daric Mostevoi