PDA

View Full Version : Clare Junior Soccer

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54

CousinSylDolan
09/02/2005, 10:25 AM
All these players came through the schoolboys of the following clubs in Clare and are now members of the Park A squad-

Declan Adams - ex Bunratty
Shane O Connor - ex Bunratty
Karl Scott - ex shannon Olympic
Liam Murphy - ex newmarket
Fintan Quinn - ex Bunratty
Darren Ryan - ex Newtown
David Russell - ex Avenue
Sean Mc Donald - ex Newtown

and maybe 1 or 2 more that cant be sure of!!

Darren Whelan - ex Newtown

oldspice
09/02/2005, 11:44 AM
Tommy O'Hare has also played with Shannon Olympic as far as I know.

guvnor
09/02/2005, 11:49 AM
Jamie Cullen - Newtown
Paddy Canavan - Newtown
Darren Griffin - Newtown (briefly too I may add!!)

Goals4fun
09/02/2005, 12:21 PM
Jamie Cullen - Newtown
Paddy Canavan - Newtown
Darren Griffin - Newtown (briefly too I may add!!)

so Park Rangers are a Clare league team in disguise ??

CousinSylDolan
09/02/2005, 2:58 PM
Park Rangers are a Clare team. They are from Shannon for Gods sake. The fact the play in Limerick will never change that. All (or most of) their players are going to be from Clare of course.

I do agree however that a lot of players who are coached as kids by other clubs end up playing for Park but this is going to happen as they are a Premier club in Limerick. Park Rangers do not have a very good set-up underage and have not had a youths team for 4/5 years.... At under 8,9,10,11 they have started though so give them time....

guvnor
09/02/2005, 3:23 PM
Park Rangers are a Clare team. They are from Shannon for Gods sake. The fact the play in Limerick will never change that. All (or most of) their players are going to be from Clare of course.

I do agree however that a lot of players who are coached as kids by other clubs end up playing for Park but this is going to happen as they are a Premier club in Limerick. Park Rangers do not have a very good set-up underage and have not had a youths team for 4/5 years.... At under 8,9,10,11 they have started though so give them time....

I couldnt agree more - the set up at Park regarding underage is now for the last few yrs only being corrected. The schoolboys are being properly coached and hopefully the club will see the rewards when they reach youths. The Park A team struggled seriously in the first yr or two under the current management as they were short players and had no youths to call upon. Therefore they have brought in a number of players from other clubs.

Goals4fun
10/02/2005, 7:25 AM
The Park A team struggled seriously in the first yr or two under the current management as they were short players and had no youths to call upon. Therefore they have brought in a number of players from other clubs.

Did they not win their First premier trophy in the first year of the current management ??

guvnor
10/02/2005, 7:51 AM
Did they not win their First premier trophy in the first year of the current management ??

They won the cup under new management in there first season and it was some achivement as they were playing most games with the bare 11 all season..All has changed now and there is great competition for places and a great spirit within the squad.

cleansheetagain
10/02/2005, 1:54 PM
They won the cup under new management in there first season and it was some achivement as they were playing most games with the bare 11 all season..All has changed now and there is great competition for places and a great spirit within the squad.
it was the tsb they won i think scraped the next year what does that tell you but fair play it was a premier trophy it must be hard to keep 15 to 20 lads happy are they all good enough to be on other teams in the premier

CousinSylDolan
10/02/2005, 3:12 PM
it was the tsb they won i think scraped the next year what does that tell you but fair play it was a premier trophy it must be hard to keep 15 to 20 lads happy are they all good enough to be on other teams in the premier

Not sure if I agree with that!!!!!!!!!

Goals4fun
11/02/2005, 7:47 AM
Not sure if I agree with that!!!!!!!!!

care to elaborate ????

CousinSylDolan
11/02/2005, 9:21 AM
care to elaborate ????

I dont fully agree with your statement about Park having 15-20 players good enough to make any team in the Premier.

My opinion would be they have 3/4 that would challenge to be on EVERY team in the Premier but only 10/12 at most that would get on ANY team in the Premier. I'm not even sure if they have 20 in their squad at the moment.

Park promised so much at the beginning of the year in the league when they beat Pike and had a great start. However they have still failed to challenge for the league after again showing so much promise.

I really thought they would make a push this year but it seems like same old same old....

However they are going well so far in the Fai but they have thier 1st real challenge next Sunday. I mean who have they played so far bar the Boro...

I'll be there shouting them on Sunday though and I give them every chance if Shane O'Connor can deliver. If only they had someone good enough to play up front with him as I fear they depend on him too much.... They would have gone out in Corbally in Rd 3 only for his last minute equaliser.

Goals4fun
11/02/2005, 10:22 AM
I think Park have a few very good players , but not all are Premier standard. How many would make the teams of Fairview, Pike, Balla, Boro. Not many I think. They seem to operate a under a very good work ethic but not as tallented when it comes to football.

From other threads you seem to be a big admirer of Shane O'Connor. I agree with you that he is a very talented youngster and should be on the oscar traynor team but then it is very hard for lads outside the city walls to make this panel, as has been seen for many a year !

CousinSylDolan
11/02/2005, 10:27 AM
I think Park have a few very good players , but not all are Premier standard. How many would make the teams of Fairview, Pike, Balla, Boro. Not many I think. They seem to operate a under a very good work ethic but not as tallented when it comes to football.

From other threads you seem to be a big admirer of Shane O'Connor. I agree with you that he is a very talented youngster and should be on the oscar traynor team but then it is very hard for lads outside the city walls to make this panel, as has been seen for many a year !

I believe Shane was called into the Oscar Traynor panel for the game Sunday week vs the AUL in Dublin. I'm not sure is he replacing someone or just added to the panel.

Himself and O'Neill from Pike up front for Limerick would be good and they are both Clare players.

guvnor
11/02/2005, 10:39 AM
I dont fully agree with your statement about Park having 15-20 players good enough to make any team in the Premier.

My opinion would be they have 3/4 that would challenge to be on EVERY team in the Premier but only 10/12 at most that would get on ANY team in the Premier. I'm not even sure if they have 20 in their squad at the moment.

Park promised so much at the beginning of the year in the league when they beat Pike and had a great start. However they have still failed to challenge for the league after again showing so much promise.

I really thought they would make a push this year but it seems like same old same old....

However they are going well so far in the Fai but they have thier 1st real challenge next Sunday. I mean who have they played so far bar the Boro...

I'll be there shouting them on Sunday though and I give them every chance if Shane O'Connor can deliver. If only they had someone good enough to play up front with him as I fear they depend on him too much.... They would have gone out in Corbally in Rd 3 only for his last minute equaliser.

From what I have seen of Park this season they have a very good sense of togetherness about them and will never stop working. They might not have 11 players of extreme class but they have a team who works very hard and that is complemented with likes of S O Connor and Jamie Cullen..The last 2 league results have been a setback but they were only draws and not defeats and still have to play the so called big guns so they still have a chance to challenge for the league. Regarding the fai, I disagree that the only test they have had was the boro as they still had to travel away to roscommon and sligo and get results. On paper janesboro are the only big team they have played but the other sides also were tricky.

Goals4fun
11/02/2005, 10:46 AM
I believe Shane was called into the Oscar Traynor panel for the game Sunday week vs the AUL in Dublin. I'm not sure is he replacing someone or just added to the panel.

Himself and O'Neill from Pike up front for Limerick would be good and they are both Clare players.

Is that squad announced ? What is it ?
I do believe that he should have been in it much earlier but wil Jaws play him as he surley has a reserve striker in his panel before Robbie Kelleher left and this was not SOC.

Supersub
12/02/2005, 11:11 PM
Lads , see Park is your main topic of conversation for the last 20 or so posts! This gives all the more credence to them being a "clare league team" being on this particular tread!!!!

There seems to be a lot of opinions out there on this squad. I have seen them on a few occasions this season and they are very much improved ..

Couple of things that might get ye thinking a little more positively ..
1. Only team to have beaten Pike this season
2. Only one defeat all season in 90mins
3. That was against Balla who they played off the "park" that day only to fall to two late goals(Balla have been doing that a lot this season). Balla couldnt believe they had won that day.
4. They have conceded fewest goals in the premier so far this season.

When someone mentions "same old Park" you have to remember that they have made big strides forward this season. Two seasons ago they finished 3rd from bottom and just avoided the drop. They are not a massive team in town(although they think they are bigger than they really are!!!!) but to challenge for the league this year , even if they fall short , would be a great boost.

I think they will finish fourth but they will have a big say in the dest of the trophy. I am not now , nor will I ever b a Park supporter but as an avid follower of Lim League soccer thought that you were doing them an injustice with the content of your posts ...

Best of luck tomorrow Park , now I am off to the Lim League thread!!!!!!

oldspice
14/02/2005, 12:09 PM
I know that Bunratty beat Bridge Utd. 3-2 and Corofin beat Kilkishen 3-0 but did any of ye hear any other Clare League results from yesterday. Also, has anyone seen fixtures for next weekend? :confused:

CousinSylDolan
14/02/2005, 12:44 PM
Maloney Hardware Shannon Premier Division League
Moher Celtic 0 Newmarket Celtic A 1

Lifford A.F.C. 6 Connolly Celtic 1

Avenue United A (P-P) Newtown A

Cratloe Celtic A 0 Rinnanna Rovers A 3

Bunratty A 3 Bridge United A 2

Clare Hire & Sales First Division League
Tulla United A (P-P) Bunratty B

Rock Rovers (P-P) Kilmaley United

Bridge Celtic A 2 Kilrush Rangers 0

Corofin Harps 3 Kilkishen Celtic A 0

SEL Print Second Division League
Bridge United B (P-P) Turnpike Rovers

Hermitage 4 Cratloe Celtic B 1

Burren United 4 St.Pats A 2

Tullycrine Celtic 1 Avenue United B 3

Kildysart Celtic Cooraclare Celtic

Suttons Lighting Third Division League
Newmarket Celtic B (P-P) Kilkee

Shannon Olympic B Tulla United B

Kilkishen Celtic B Ennistymon Town

St.Pats B 4 Bridge Celtic B 2

Manus Celtic 5 Rinnanna Rovers B 2

Newtown B (P-P) Rhine Rovers

Lynch Hotels Clare & District Soccer League Fixtures
Saturday 19/02/05

Gallivan Kennedy Youths League Section A
Ruan: Lifford A.F.C V Turnpike Rovers
P.Cullen 2.30

Sixmilebridge: Bridge United V Newmarket Celtic
P.Sutton 2.00

Gallivan Kennedy Youths League Section B
Kilkishen: Kilkishen Celtic V St.Pats
F.Coote 2.30

Lahinch: Moher Celtic V Hermitage
P.Gleeson 2.30

Sunday 20/02/05
Newmarket: Newmarket Celtic A V Cratloe Celtic A
P.Cullen 11.00

Ruan: Lifford A.F.C. V Bunratty A
M.O`Brien 11.00

Fairgreen: Avenue United A V Moher Celtic
P.Markham 11.00

Ballycasey: Newtown A V Rinnanna Rovers A
J.Deniffee 2.30

Sixmilebridge: Bridge United A v Connolly Celtic
D.McCarthy 11.00

Scariff: Mountshannon Celtic V Tulla United A
P.Mulready 11.00

Shannon: Shannon Olympic A V Kilmaley United
F.Coote 11.00

CBS Kilrush: Kilrush Rangers V Rock Rovers
P.Dunne 2.30

Corofin: Corofin Harps V Bridge Celtic A
F.Coote 2.30

Bunratty: Bunratty B V Kilkishen Celtic A
T.McInerney 2.00

Sixmilebridge: Bridge United B V Kildysart Celtic
D.McCarthy 1.30

Fairgreen: Turnpike Rovers V Burren United
P.Markham 1.30

Cooraclare: Cooraclare Celtic V St.Pats A
P.Gleeson 10.30

Tullycrine: Tullycrine Celtic V Hermitage
P.Gleeson 1.00

Coonagh: Cratloe Celtic B V Avenue United B
A.Murphy 2.00

Newmarket: Newmarket Celtic B V Shannon Olympic B
D.Cunningham 2.00

Norrie Henchies: Tulla United B V Newtown B
A.Murphy 11.00

Lahinch: Ennistymon Town V Kilkee
M.O`Brien 2.00

Kilmhill: St.Pats B V Manus Celtic
P.Dunne 11.00

Rinnanna: Rinnanna Rovers B V Kilkishen Celtic B
D.Cunningham 11.00

O`Briensbridge: Bridge Celtic B V Rhine Rovers
J.Stanford 11.00

gaffer
14/02/2005, 1:11 PM
Looks like big game in first division is Corofin V Bridge Celtic.
Bridge Celtic seem to be back on track after their victory over
the weekend. After their big win last weekend I think Corofin
could win this one.

oldspice
14/02/2005, 2:17 PM
Looks like big game in first division is Corofin V Bridge Celtic.
Bridge Celtic seem to be back on track after their victory over
the weekend. After their big win last weekend I think Corofin
could win this one.

I'd have to disagree. Having seen Bridge Celtic a couple of weeks ago and Corofin yesterday, I think there's no comparison between the teams. Kilkishen were rubbish yesterday but should still have been 3 up before Corofin scored with their first shot on target. The one thing in their favour is that they have home advantage and the tight pitch suits them down to the ground. They are tough to beat at home but if Bridge have designs an winning the division, this is the type of game they should be winning.

I reckon Kilmaley against Olympic could be the game of the day. Kilmaley seem to have picked themselves up after a dodgy start to the league and had a good win against Bridge Celtic a couple of weeks ago, while Olympic are a big strong team who are able to play also. The opposite here, Olympic have a big open pitch which will suit them and if Joey O'Neill gets the service, he'll punish any hesitant defence.

oldspice
15/02/2005, 9:33 AM
Dont think joey o neill is making his place at olympic.He has only been starting recently because jimmy houlihan was injured. :cool:

I know he's carrying a bit of weight but I've seen him three times this season and he's scored each time, from half chances. There's a lot to be said for it!!
If Olympic can afford to leave him out, they have to be contenders.

striker
15/02/2005, 1:23 PM
what is happening at newmarket with the loss of two top class players in a short space of time,i did'nt think i'd see them leaving ever

CousinSylDolan
15/02/2005, 2:09 PM
what is happening at newmarket with the loss of two top class players in a short space of time,i did'nt think i'd see them leaving ever

They still had a good win last Sunday without them. Maybe the new signing Eoin Nash will prove to be an able replacement.

Goals4fun
15/02/2005, 2:37 PM

they will be back. They couldn't cut it a few years ago at Park and went home with their tails between their legs.
Now the joy of travelling into town for training , how long will it last ?

CousinSylDolan
15/02/2005, 3:02 PM
Some replacement from sub at Bunratty B to starting for Newmarket A :D

Get it right Handicap :D :D . He was captain of Bunratty B and always on the team when fit....

CousinSylDolan
16/02/2005, 10:56 AM
Anyone have any predictions for the games coming up at the weekend?????

Should be a few good ones. I expect Newmarket to make it 2 wins in a row and Bridge Utd should account for Connolly.... Bunratty vs Lifford is very hard to call after both had good wins last Sunday.

In the 1st Kilkishen will start favourites in their game and I suppose its hard to know what the Maley will be like when the visit Special Olympic!!!!!! 1st division could be closely fought this season between 4/5 teams....

Goals4fun
16/02/2005, 1:45 PM
You obviously dont have a clue what your talking about.have you ever kicked a ball yourself?

hey handy with the words, who is this aimed at ?

guvnor
17/02/2005, 10:34 AM
Can anyone tell me what is happening in Clare soccer at the moment? I mean the county makes massive strides in the last few years in terms of facilities and also winning the oscar traynor cup last year and now it seems to have died down again. Some of the big clubs are not so big anymore, ie Avenue. What's happening?

Goals4fun
17/02/2005, 3:09 PM
Can anyone tell me what is happening in Clare soccer at the moment? I mean the county makes massive strides in the last few years in terms of facilities and also winning the oscar traynor cup last year and now it seems to have died down again. Some of the big clubs are not so big anymore, ie Avenue. What's happening?

according to you all the good players are playing at Park now :D ! Was that not you getting up support for them at an earlier date !

guvnor
17/02/2005, 3:40 PM
according to you all the good players are playing at Park now :D ! Was that not you getting up support for them at an earlier date !

Ya it was but I didnt say all the good players were playing at Park..I just asked whats happening with some of the big clubs in the CL.

CousinSylDolan
17/02/2005, 4:26 PM
Lifford are probably the best club in Ennis now in terms of having consistent youths teams and a decent underage setup for the last few years.... Their involvment with Huddersfield is always a good way of signing up the young players in Clare too. Avenue are struggling cos they have never really done the work and they failed to sign any new players this year as they usually do... They have a young A team this year so if they keep it together they will always be there or there abouts.

Bunratty and to a lesser extent Newmarket simply suffered cos players got the urge to play in Limerick. A lot of players have won all there is to win in Clare and needed a new challenge. Its obvious the likes of Pike, Fairview and Park have benefitted from the addition af these lads... Bridge are still very hard beat and will always challenge for honours.... I mean they are 1 of only 2 teams to have beaten Park in 90 mins this season...the other being the current favourites for the Fai...

cleansheetagain
17/02/2005, 8:39 PM
Lifford are probably the best club in Ennis now in terms of having consistent youths teams and a decent underage setup for the last few years.... Their involvment with Huddersfield is always a good way of signing up the young players in Clare too. Avenue are struggling cos they have never really done the work and they failed to sign any new players this year as they usually do... They have a young A team this year so if they keep it together they will always be there or there abouts.

Bunratty and to a lesser extent Newmarket simply suffered cos players got the urge to play in Limerick. A lot of players have won all there is to win in Clare and needed a new challenge. Its obvious the likes of Pike, Fairview and Park have benefitted from the addition af these lads... Bridge are still very hard beat and will always challenge for honours.... I mean they are 1 of only 2 teams to have beaten Park in 90 mins this season...the other being the current favourites for the Fai...

what kind of involvment have lifford got with huddersfield,

CousinSylDolan
18/02/2005, 7:10 AM
what kind of involvment have lifford got with huddersfield,

They get coaches over for training weekends with the underage kids and some players get trials over there.

Not sure if its still up and running but it was 2/3 years ago.

oldspice
18/02/2005, 7:40 AM
Lifford's links with Huddersfield wouldn't be nearly as strong as they were. It was mainly based on Declan Farmer, Huddersfield born but living in Clarecastle. Declan had been heavily involved with coaching Lifford teams (Along with Terry Considine) but had a falling out with the current powers that be there (Mick Kennedy etc.). Thay have since set up the Ennis Town Football Academy which is a coaching base for young lads from 5 years upwards. Their whole philosophy is based on the younger kids coming in and learning the very basic skills and enjoying playing football bithout there being a competitive edge. It builds upwards from there and later they become involved in teams. The whole set-up is being closely looked at by the FAI and by Pakie Bonner (Technical Director) in particular. Declan also spent the first half of this season coaching Kilkishen Celtic A in the CL 1st division but has recently left them to become first team coach with Limerick FC under Noel O'Connor.

CousinSylDolan
21/02/2005, 7:18 AM
Avenue 2 1 Moher
Newtown 0 3 Rineanna
Lifford 2 1 Bunratty
Bridge Utd 6 0 Connolly
Newmarket 1 0 Cratloe....

CousinSylDolan
21/02/2005, 10:45 AM
Bunratty B 4-3 Kilkishen A
Mountshannon 2-0 Tulla A
Shannon olympic A 1-0 kilmaley

Anyone know who scored for Special Olympic yesterday.

Is "Wreck-Head Rob" still the Oly manager.

CousinSylDolan
21/02/2005, 11:21 AM
Jimmy houlihan scored for them.Rob McSherry will probably be in charge for next season too.

He is doing a fine job in fairness to him and they might challenge for promotion the way the table looks at the moment. Big one vs the Harps next week....

Jimmy is a match winner on his day to be fair....
I'm surprised they got him out of Paddy Power's for the game though :D :D :D

CousinSylDolan
21/02/2005, 11:22 AM
Lynch Hotels Clare & District Soccer League Fixtures
Saturday 26/02/05

Gallivan Kennedy Youths League Section A
Bunratty: Bunratty V Turnpike Rovers
J.Deniffee 2.30

Sixmilebridge: Bridge United V Lifford A.F.C.
P.Sutton 2.00

Gallivan Kennedy Youths League Section B
Kilkishen: Kilkishen Celtic V Moher Celtic
M.O`Halloran 2.30

Kilmhill: St.Pats V Hermitage
T.McInerney 3.00

Sunday 27/02/05
Coonagh: Cratloe Celtic A V Bunratty A
P.Sutton 11.00

Ruan: Lifford A.F.C. V Rinnanna Rovers A
P.Mulready 11.00

Fairgreen: Avenue United A V Newtown A
P.Cullen 11.00

Kilmaley School: Connolly Celtic V Moher Celtic
P.Markham 11.00

Newmarket: Newmarket Celtic A V Bridge United A
J.Deniffee 2.30

Scariff: Mountshannon Celtic V Bunratty B
D.McCarthy 11.00

Shannon: Shannon Olympic A V Corofin Harps
P.Dunne 2.30

Tiermaclane: Rock Rovers V Kilmaley United
M.O`Halloran 11.00

O`Briensbridge: Bridge Celtic A V Kilkishen Celtic A
D.McCarthy 2.30

Sixmilebridge: Bridge United B V Hermitage
P.Dunne 11.00

Coonagh: Cratloe Celtic B V Turnpike Rovers
T.McInerney 2.30

Kildysart: Kildysart Celtic V St.Pats A
A.Murphy 11.00

Tullycrine: Tullycrine Celtic V Burren United
F.Coote 11.00

Kilkishen: Kilkishen Celtic B V Shannon Olympic B
D. Brosnan 11.00

Ballycasey: Newtown B V Rhine Rovers
D.Cunningham 11.00

Lahinch: Ennistymon Town V Bridge Celtic B
P.Gleeson 2.30

Kilmhill: St.Pats B V Kilkee
J.Stanford 2.30

Tiermaclane: Manus Celtic V Newmarket Celtic B
M.O`Halloran 2.00

CousinSylDolan
21/02/2005, 1:23 PM
Ya the morning kick offs are killing him.Newmarket had a good win yesterday against cratloe do u know who scored?

Yeah that small lad that plays on the wing!!!!!!!!!!! Crock they call him.

oldspice
23/02/2005, 7:19 AM
Does anyone know the logic behind having afternoon kick-offs at 2.30 this Sunday? :confused: Surely with Ireland v England (Rugby) at 3.00 it would have made sense to bring all games forward a little. Maybe have refs doing two games close to each other so that they could ref one at 11 (if not 10.30) and the other at 1.00 or 1.15? I know that a few lads on our squad are not too anxious to play. Anyone else had any feedback?

CousinSylDolan
23/02/2005, 9:53 AM
Clare Cup First Round
Ennistymon Town V Newtown B
Tullycrine Celtic V Cratloe Celtic B
Newmarket Celtic B V Bridge Celtic B
Shannon Olympic B V Kilkee
Cooraclare Celtic V St.Pats B
Manus Celtic V Avenue United B
Hermitage V Burren United
Kilkishen Celtic B V Kildysart Celtic
Rhine Rovers V Rinnanna Rovers B
Bridge United B V Tulla United B

St.Pats A & Turnpike Rovers (Byes)

Games to be played Sunday 6th March 2005

Clare Cup Second Round
Cooraclare Celtic or St.Pats B V Bridge United A
Kilrush Rangers V Newtown A
Lifford A.F.C. V Avenue United A
Connolly Celtic V Bridge United B or Tulla united B
Newmarket Celtic A V Hermitage or Burren United
Tullycrine Celtic or Cratloe Cel B V Bridge Celtic A
Tulla United A V Bunratty A
Turnpike Rovers V Rinnanna Rovers A
Shannon Olympic A V Kilkishen Celtic A
Corofin Harps V Kilkishen Cel B or Kildysart Cel
Bunratty B V Shannon Olympic B or Kilkee
Ennistymon Town or Newtown B V Moher Celtic
Rock Rovers V Cratloe Celtic A
St.Pats A V Mountshannon Celtic
Kilmaley United V Manus Celtic or Avenue United B
Rhine Rovers or Rinnanna Rovers B V Newmarket Celtic B or Bridge Celtic B

Second Round games to take place on March 6th & March13th 2005

Anyone got any predictions???????? Lifford vs Avenue is a big local derby.

OpenGoal
23/02/2005, 11:08 AM
lifford vs Avenue is certainly the tie of the round, but there may be a few shocks. Tulla A might upset bunratty A, & Rock rovers vs Cratloe A is not as cut and dry and their league positions might suggest. I'd tip Bridge Utd, Bridge Cel, Newtown, Rinnena Rvs and Moher as definites.

oldspice
23/02/2005, 11:51 AM
[QUOTE=OpenGoal]lifford vs Avenue is certainly the tie of the round, but there may be a few shocks. Tulla A might upset bunratty A, & Rock rovers vs Cratloe A is not as cut and dry and their league positions might suggest. I'd tip Bridge Utd, Bridge Cel, Newtown, Rinnena Rvs and Moher as definites.[/QUO

A few bold predictions there Opengoal. I wouldn't say Newtown will have it all their own way away from home and Moher could find themselves up against it, particularly if Ennistymon come through to make it a local derby. They have to be favourites of course but stranger things have happened!! What about the bottom game in round 2 though ... Four 3rd division teams - a great chance for one of them to go a long way in the cup.

OpenGoal
23/02/2005, 12:55 PM
shannoon olympic b have a great draw.good chance for an inform team all be it the 3rd division

Shannon Olympic B are in great form at the moment, and will probably get the better of Kilkee at home. The might find Bunratty B too strong though, who themselves have a small bit of form in their recent 4-3 win over kilkishen in div 1.

OpenGoal
23/02/2005, 12:57 PM
[
A few bold predictions there Opengoal. I wouldn't say Newtown will have it all their own way away from home and Moher could find themselves up against it, particularly if Ennistymon come through to make it a local derby. They have to be favourites of course but stranger things have happened!! What about the bottom game in round 2 though ... Four 3rd division teams - a great chance for one of them to go a long way in the cup.[/QUOTE]

Good point about Ennistymon, OldSpice, are they strong this year? Last I checked they were close to the top of Div 3. Newtown arent as strong this year as they have been in recent years, but Kilrush seem t have capitulated altogether. Their record in div 1 makes poor reading!

devilfish
23/02/2005, 12:59 PM
I'm tipping Bunratty B to come through a few rounds and cause some upsets along the way. They are by far and away the best 1st division team when they can get their best 11 out and have a very experienced management team behind them. Olympic will do their usual huffing and puffing until it comes down to the "must win" games and lose them. Their squad isn't strong enough to complete a league or cup success. They can only hope for the top teams taking points off each other.

Newtown will cruise through against Kilrush. the only hope the home team have is their terrible pitch. When are teams going to sort this problem out??? Is there any ambition amougst these clubs????

OpenGoal
23/02/2005, 1:29 PM
I'd have to side with Handyman here, not in so strong terms perhaps, but bunratty B seem to be one of the weakest teams in division one from the table I'm looking at. Historically, Olympic have blown alot of good chances to go up at the end of the season but they look good this year. The defence has definately closed up.

In my opinion Div.1 will be contested by Tulla, Bridge Celtic & shannon olympic.

devilfish
23/02/2005, 1:39 PM
You're having a laugh Handyman, there's no way that the specials will beat Bunratty B twice in one season, its unheard of. From what I'm hearing, ye'll be in big trouble this weekend against the Harps. Missing players and lads on the sauce the night before letting their team-mates down. I'd love to see Olympic get promoted, the management team deserve a shot at the big title and maybe players like Houlihan etc will stay in the top division for a change.

CousinSylDolan
23/02/2005, 1:49 PM
What a load of nonsense.The league table tells its own story.Olympic have beaten the best of the first divison and these were must win games.Bunrattys management have combined experience of about half a season.When will they be getting their best 11 out?Are they missing players?Is anyone injured?Are they saving the best 11 for the second division next season?They will lose to Olympic twice this season.They will be lucky to beat Olympic b in the cup unless they play some of their best 11.Not so long ago they didnt even have 11 :cool:

No sure where you get your info Handicap but its a bad sign when Special Oly A have not beaten Bunratty B the last 4/5 times they have met. They seem to be the 2 form teams in the division at the moment though and a meeting of the 2 would be interesting although I cant see how you predict a double for Oly.....

Seen as you are so updated with info on Bunratty when exactly did they not have 11 players???????? With your in-depth knowledge of the club you may be able to back up your earlier point!!!!!!!!!! Clown..... :D :D :D