PDA

View Full Version : Clare Junior Soccer

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54

MadMick
30/03/2005, 1:48 PM
where has mad{muppet}mick gone with all his talk now....james you played a stormer last night...
well done....

Still here, yes was a good win last night, looked a bit frail at times and if the Keeper plays like that against Mountshannon and Bridge Celtic you could find yourselves with no points in the next two games, seems to be a few people celebrating already, 34 points is the target and you still need 13, nothing decided yet, expect Kilkishen to win against Tulla then double header against Rock, could be 9 pts better off come next week. Mountshannon will bounce back on Sunday as they have to win, Bridge Celtic will be in the same boat and should easily see off Kilrush (Olympics bogey team) before beating Olympic next Wednesday. I hope you all think you have it won as this will be your undoing yet again, obviously certain lessons have not been learned I am sure your Management will be delighted to be reading all this back slapping today!!!!!!!!!!!

4-4-2
30/03/2005, 2:10 PM
Still here, yes was a good win last night, looked a bit frail at times and if the Keeper plays like that against Mountshannon and Bridge Celtic you could find yourselves with no points in the next two games, seems to be a few people celebrating already, 34 points is the target and you still need 13, nothing decided yet, expect Kilkishen to win against Tulla then double header against Rock, could be 9 pts better off come next week. Mountshannon will bounce back on Sunday as they have to win, Bridge Celtic will be in the same boat and should easily see off Kilrush (Olympics bogey team) before beating Olympic next Wednesday. I hope you all think you have it won as this will be your undoing yet again, obviously certain lessons have not been learned I am sure your Management will be delighted to be reading all this back slapping today!!!!!!!!!!!

No back slapping going on just giving the facts certain players have been slatted for poor games and now we are just giving credit when they play well , i certainly dont have anything to be proud about after last night's game except that my team mates played very well,i have always said we are taking it one game at a time and so far so good but still some distance to go

Pauliwallnuts
30/03/2005, 7:36 PM
Kilkishen Celtic 2 - 1 Tulla utd

oldspice
31/03/2005, 7:53 AM
Fair play to kilkishen after a very bad patch they have came right back to form.Was the game any good?Tulla cannot be serious contenders after losing 6 games of 13.

Kilkishen just about deserved to win the game but have a very dodgy refereeing decision to thank for their second goal, so ultimately for the three points. Overall, I don't think Rob McSharry will be too concerned by what he witnessed and he freely admitted he saw the result he wanted. It was a typical local derby with neither side sparing it on the physical front and Kilkishen deservedly went ahead after 15 minutes. A well worked goal that caught the Tulla defence square. However, the second goal will be talked about for a while in the pubs of Kilkishen and Tulla. Kilkishen had a free about 30 yards out which was floated in. The Tulla goalie came out to around the penalty spot and jumped for the ball but was clattered by the Kilkishen centre-half who while he was making a genuine effort to get to the ball, definitely impeded the goalie. The goalie dropped the ball and it was a simple tap-in for Kilkishen. The Tulla lads went balistic and to be honest, you couldn't blame them. The Kilkishen lads would hold up their hands and say, it shouldn't have been allowed but then, they've been on the receiving end of more than their share of bad refereeing decisions this season so this one redresses the balance a bit. At half-time with Kilkishen two goals up it looked over, but Kilkishen forgot to come out for the second half and within three minutes, Tulla had pulled one back. After that, both sides had chances but in the end, Kilkishen just hung on for three much needed points.

oldspice
31/03/2005, 7:54 AM
Handyman, You just about to sign for the youth team??

oldspice
31/03/2005, 8:45 AM
Ya iv served my time as an apprentice.I need to be getting first team action.Can you clean my boots.

Don't be getting cheeky. An old boy can take up an apprenticeship too you know. ...Doesn't mean he doesn't deserve a bit of respect for his senior years though!!!!

oldspice
31/03/2005, 9:25 AM
Here's the latest update to the "Alternative 1st Division Table"

TEAM------------PLAYED------POINTS--------PERCENTAGE--MAX AVAILABLE
Olympic------------11-----------21-----------------64-----------42
Mountshannon------15-----------26-----------------58-----------35
Bridge--------------11-----------18-----------------55-----------39
Tulla---------------13-----------21-----------------54-----------36
Corofin-------------12-----------19-----------------53-----------37
Kilkishen------------11----------17------------------52-----------38
Rock---------------14-----------20-----------------48-----------32
Kilmaley------------11-----------12-----------------36-----------33
Bunratty-----------12------------8------------------22-----------26
Kilrush--------------14-----------8------------------19-----------20

hawkeye
31/03/2005, 3:15 PM
Some nice fixtures this weekend in the 1st div...Any predictions?
Here are mine...

Mountshannon Celtic V Shannon Olympic A (MS win)
Rock Rovers V Kilkishen Celtic A (KilK Win)
Kilrush Rangers V Bridge Celtic A (BC Win)
Tulla United A V Kilmaley United (Kilmaley Win)
Corofin Harps V Bunratty B (Draw)

Also midweek with Bridge Celtic A V Shannon Olympic A (Draw)
Kilkishen Celtic A V Rock Rovers (Draw)

I believe, (similar to last year) that 35 points will be enough to win the Division.It will probably go down to final week.

oldspice
01/04/2005, 8:12 AM
Result from last night : Rock:2, Corofin:2

4-4-2
01/04/2005, 10:15 AM
Kilkishen just about deserved to win the game but have a very dodgy refereeing decision to thank for their second goal, so ultimately for the three points. Overall, I don't think Rob McSharry will be too concerned by what he witnessed and he freely admitted he saw the result he wanted. It was a typical local derby with neither side sparing it on the physical front and Kilkishen deservedly went ahead after 15 minutes. A well worked goal that caught the Tulla defence square. However, the second goal will be talked about for a while in the pubs of Kilkishen and Tulla. Kilkishen had a free about 30 yards out which was floated in. The Tulla goalie came out to around the penalty spot and jumped for the ball but was clattered by the Kilkishen centre-half who while he was making a genuine effort to get to the ball, definitely impeded the goalie. The goalie dropped the ball and it was a simple tap-in for Kilkishen. The Tulla lads went balistic and to be honest, you couldn't blame them. The Kilkishen lads would hold up their hands and say, it shouldn't have been allowed but then, they've been on the receiving end of more than their share of bad refereeing decisions this season so this one redresses the balance a bit. At half-time with Kilkishen two goals up it looked over, but Kilkishen forgot to come out for the second half and within three minutes, Tulla had pulled one back. After that, both sides had chances but in the end, Kilkishen just hung on for three much needed points.

i was just informed by someone in the league that Tulla have asked the Clare league for this game to be replayed as the ref agreed he made a mistake on the second goal for Kilkishen and they have agreed to play it again its down for tuesday week at 6.30 and kilkishen are at home again...dont think many people have been told yet but i would say that the Kilkishen lads wont be too happy...it has to be a first that something like this has happened anyone any views

gaffer
01/04/2005, 10:50 AM
I think this is a very poor decision. Every team in Clare will have a story of
how a ref decision has cost them a game. If every game had to be replayed
then the season would never finish. Unusual to hear a ref admit to a mistake.

oldspice
01/04/2005, 11:41 AM
I think this is a very poor decision. Every team in Clare will have a story of
how a ref decision has cost them a game. If every game had to be replayed
then the season would never finish. Unusual to hear a ref admit to a mistake.
Don't get so wound up gaffer. Check your calendar before you react. There hasn't been a league meeting sisce the match took place on Wednesday so such a decision couldn't be taken. Nice try though 4-4-2.

SupermanIII
01/04/2005, 11:43 AM
i was just informed by someone in the league that Tulla have asked the Clare league for this game to be replayed as the ref agreed he made a mistake on the second goal for Kilkishen and they have agreed to play it again its down for tuesday week at 6.30 and kilkishen are at home again...dont think many people have been told yet but i would say that the Kilkishen lads wont be too happy...it has to be a first that something like this has happened anyone any views

Hmmmm... nice day...or date even! Now that would be a first :)

MadMick
01/04/2005, 12:25 PM
Don't get so wound up gaffer. Check your calendar before you react. There hasn't been a league meeting sisce the match took place on Wednesday so such a decision couldn't be taken. Nice try though 4-4-2.

I reckon now that Kilkishen to beat Rock twice in a Week and Mountshannon and Bridge Celtic to beat the Specials and we could have a 3 horse race between these clubs!!! Kilkishen could not keep losing with the quality within the squad and now they will kick on to contest the league with Bridge Celtic and Mountshannon gaining the Play off place.

MadMick
01/04/2005, 1:08 PM
what is your problem with olympic????anyway if your keep pedicting results like you have been ....olympic should be up there in the top two....cause all your predictions have been wrong so far...muppet...

I don't have a problem with Olympic, this is just my Opinion, why do you take everything so personally, sounds like a chip on the shoulder to me, lets be honest both Bridge and Mountshannon beat you at home so I would expect them to beat you away, Kilkishen are on a run and again they should pick up 6 points, this seems pretty fair assesment on the fixtures, I have not slated Olympic at all just questioned the desire and past history!! Maybe I am not the muppet! I thought this was a thread for opinions and these are mine!

plasticpitch
01/04/2005, 5:20 PM
lads olympic are getting a bit of stick for no reason.... we won the 1st div last yr and olympic were the best team that we played. they might have suffered a bit from lads not been serious about winning but they should have enough to win the division this year...... all the talk of bridge celtic and mshannon.... just remember bridge celtic LOST t connolly who no longer have a team and also cratloe look to be heading back down... so 3rd place are going to play moher in a play off( which i can't c them losing so effectivley in my opinion olympic r the only team in the 1st div capaple of staying in the premier next year.....

OpenGoal
01/04/2005, 5:51 PM
Well said Plastic Pitch,.....I've refrained from this whinge-aton for the last week because its become a bit sad. Lets have more sensible comments like yours and less of the likes of Fredred..........who has disappeared.....

"Come out, come out wherever you are...................."

CousinSylDolan
02/04/2005, 7:25 AM
Well said Plastic Pitch,.....I've refrained from this whinge-aton for the last week because its become a bit sad. Lets have more sensible comments like yours and less of the likes of Fredred..........who has disappeared.....

"Come out, come out wherever you are...................."

"whinge-aton" :D :D :D Very Good!!!!!!!

MadMick
02/04/2005, 7:49 AM
Any news on Kilmaley v Kilrush last night?

Cousinsyl will you now have all the lads for the games against Corofin and Tulla or do you only have one game left this season?

CousinSylDolan
02/04/2005, 8:36 AM

Cousinsyl will you now have all the lads for the games against Corofin and Tulla or do you only have one game left this season?

We will have most of last Tues squad for the game in Corofin tomorrow. I dont think we will have our full squad together again this season as Gaa is up and running now.

Even though we look dead and buried we will fight for every point as we have 6 games left.

Murphman
03/04/2005, 5:46 PM
Kilrush 1 Bridge Celtic 5 (Paul McEvoy 3)(Ger O'Connell 2) :ball:

Any other scores?

MadMick
03/04/2005, 8:32 PM
you say you haven't slated olympic..maybe you should look over some of you past treads

.too many primadonnas, lack of discipline,managment not good enough..managment to be told to f--k off by mid april...I could not imagine Jimmy and Joey working hard up front, unless the ball's to feet they would stand with hands on hips!! when are Special Olympic going to blow up....

Well looks like I was right on one score,

Mountshannon 1 Olympic 0, now the trouble is you boys are doing your talking on this site and not on the pitch, Bridge Celtic next, 9 goals in two games, what can I say but have you the b.lls for Wednesday, when was the last time you won out there!!! you may say I slate Olympic but the facts are you are not good enough to win the division or get promoted, if the League was decided on this site you would win by a distance, but can you show the same commitment were it matters!! I doubt it and I would say Kilkishen will beat Rock twice to steal 3rd place and leave you all wondering what happened yet again. You might not like what I say but that could be because the truth hurts, did I not see a certain player on the tiles last night yet again!!

Murphman
03/04/2005, 11:42 PM
C'mon Bridge Celtic, We look to have turned corner... Couple of more wins and we are set. Great record against s olmpic in past seasons and to be honest we wouldn't be afraid of them.Roll on Wednesday Night!! May the best team win!

CousinSylDolan
04/04/2005, 7:22 AM
Corofin Harps 2-0 Bunratty B.

Very close game and Bunratty B's lack of a goalscorer was there downfall again. Corofin scored after 10 mins after a mistake by the Bunratty keeper but after this Bunratty had a few chances but could not take them. Harps sealed the points with a good goal in the 85th minute.

4-4-2
04/04/2005, 7:48 AM
Corofin Harps 2-0 Bunratty B.

Very close game and Bunratty B's lack of a goalscorer was there downfall again. Corofin scored after 10 mins after a mistake by the Bunratty keeper but after this Bunratty had a few chances but could not take them. Harps sealed the points with a good goal in the 85th minute.

Olympic Lost 1-0 to MountShannon in a good hard game with both teams having the chances to win, Olympic were caught flat footed for the goal and paid for it but gave everything trying to get one back and on another day could have had a hat full of goals but it was not to be and fair play to MountShannon they beat us twice and not many teams do that too often in one season best of luck to ye lads and thanks for the food after the match the old sweet and sour sauce was very nice with the chicken balls...as for the our next match,football is a funny old game and who knows we are due a win out there :)

oldspice
04/04/2005, 7:49 AM

Kilmaley and Kilrush wasn't played ... pitch unplayable.
Yesterday, Rock v Kilkishen off as some boy racers decided to do a few handbrake turns on Rock pitch Saturday night. Pitch is an absolute mess as is the Manus pitch beside it.
Tulla Utd. 0 - Kilmaley 1. leaves Tulla wondering what has happened in the last few weeks and Kilmaley looking to climb out of the play-off spot. Tulla have reason to feel aggrieved with the ref again though. They thought they had equalised from the spot but ref told them to take it again. Keeper saved second attempt.

oldspice
04/04/2005, 8:26 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong but I now make it Mountshannon with 29 after 16, then Corofin on 23 after 14. Big group on 21 of Tulla after 14 games, Olympic after 12, Rock after 15 and Bridge Celtic after 12. That would make the alternative table look like :

TEAM------------PLAYED------POINTS--------PERCENTAGE--MAX AVAILABLE
Mountshannon------16-----------29-----------------60-----------35
Olympic------------12-----------21-----------------58-----------39
Bridge--------------12-----------21-----------------58-----------39
Corofin-------------14-----------23-----------------55-----------35
Kilkishen------------11----------17------------------52-----------38
Tulla---------------14-----------21-----------------50-----------33
Rock---------------15-----------21-----------------47-----------30
Kilmaley------------12-----------15-----------------42-----------33
Bunratty-----------13------------8------------------21-----------23
Kilrush--------------15-----------8------------------18-----------17

Still very little decided except Kilrush now cannot be promoted, Bunratty can only achieve a play-off spot (Olympic must play Corofin, Corofin must play Bridge etc. so at least one of them will have more than 23 points) and Mountshannon are looking extremely good for promotion 'though they can still be caught for the title. Kilmaley will be looking to beat Rock next Sunday to help avoid the play-off spot at the other end. Although Rock are currently in joint 3rd place in the league, they have 3 tough games left (Kilmaley and Kilkishen twice) so it's concieveable that with at least 21 points, they could be relegated via the play-off. Will Wednesday be the biggest game of the season? ... or is it just being touted that way?

CousinSylDolan
04/04/2005, 8:47 AM
Olympians are very quiet this morning. Cmon and slag the Rats or something there will ye. Its just not the same without ye.

Have any of ye got a report on the game yesterday for us??????

I will post fixtures and results as soon as I get them.

CousinSylDolan
04/04/2005, 9:07 AM
Lynch Hotels Clare & District Soccer League Fixtures
Saturday 09/04/05

Michael O`Gorman Youths Cup Simi Finals
Digifone Park: Turnpike Rovers V Lifford A.F.C.
Referee: P.Markham 11.00
Assistant Referees: T.McInerney, F.Coote

Digifone Park: Bunratty V St.Pats
Referee: F.Coote 1.30
Assistant Referees: T.McInerney , P.Markham

Note: In event of a draw 10 mins e/w extra time & penalty’s if necessary.

Gallivan Kennedy Youths League
Fairgreen: Hermitage V Moher Celtic
A.Murphy 11.00

Sunday 10/04/05
Clare Cup ¼ Finals
Corofin: Corofin harps V Newmarket Celtic A
M.O`Brien 11.00
Fairgreen: Avenue United A V Newtown A
D.McCarthy 2.30

Shannon: Shannon Olympic A V Avenue United B
P.Markham 11.00

Note: If home teams pitch is unplayable the game will automatically revert to the away teams pitch, fixtures secretary mist be notified by 3.00 on Saturday so referee & away team can be contacted. Failure to do this may result in expulsion from the cup.

Clare Hire & Sales First Division League

O`Briensbridge: Bridge Celtic A V Kilmaley United
P.Mulready 11.00

CBS Kilrush: Kilrush Rangers V Kilkishen Celtic A
T.McInerney 2.30

Bunratty: Bunratty B V Mountshannon Celtic
M.O`Halloran 3.00

Sel Print Second Division League

Fairgreen: Hermitage V Burren United
F.Coote 11.00

Fairgreen: Turnpike Rovers V Cooraclare Celtic
D.McCarthy 5.00

Sixmilebridge: Bridge United B V St.Pats B
A.Murphy 6.00

Suttons Lighting Third Division League
O`Briensbridge:Bridge Celtic B V Kilkishen Celtic B
D.Cunningham 2.30

Tiermaclane: Manus Celtic V St.Pats B
J.Stanford 2.30

Kilkee: Kilkee V Rhine Rovers
P.Dunne 2.30

Shannon: Shannon Olympic B V Rinnanna Rovers B
P.Markham 2.00

Ballycasey: Newtown B V Tulla United B
D.Brosnan 11.00

CousinSylDolan
04/04/2005, 9:09 AM
Lynch Hotels Clare & District Soccer League Fixtures
Monday 11/04/05
Maloney Hardware Shannon Premier Division League

Lahinch: Moher Celtic V Cratloe Celtic B
M.O`Brien 6.45

Newmarket: Newmarket Celtic B V Ennistymon Town
J.Stanford 6.45

Tuesday 12/04/05
Munster Youths Cup Clare Area Final
Digifone Park: Lifford A.F.C. V Turnpike Rovers
F.Coote 6.15

Ballycasey: Newtown A V Bridge United A
P.Markham 6.30
Shannon: Shannon Olympic A v Tulla United A
T.McInerney 6.45

O`Briensbridge: Bridge Celtic B V Tulla United B
D.Cunningham 6.45

Wednesday 1304/05
Newmarket: Newmarket Celtic A V Rinnanna Rovers A
M.O`Brien 6.45

Fairgreen: Avenue United A V Bunratty A
M.O`Halloran 6.45

Bunratty: Bunratty B Bridge Celtic A
A.Murphy 6.45

Scariff: Mountshannon Celtic V Kilkishen Celtic A
P.Cullen 6.45

SEL Print Second Division League
Sixmilebridge: Bridge United B V Turnpike Rovers
J.Deniffee 6.45

Thursday 14/04/05

Coonagh: Cratloe Celtic A V Lifford A.F.C.
T.McInerney 6.45

SEL Print Second Division League
Fairgreen: Avenue United B V Cooraclare Celtic
F.Coote 6.45

Kilkishen: Kilkishen Celtic B V Manus Celtic
J.Stanford 6.45

Friday 15/04/05

Tiermaclane: Kilmaley United V Kilrush Rangers
T.McInerney 6.45

Ballycasey: Newtown B V Kilkee
D.Cunningham 6.45

Lahinch: Ennistymon Town V Rhine Rovers
J.Stanford 6.45

Shannon: Shannon Olympic B V Newmarket Celtic B
A.Murphy 6.45

Clare Cup ¼ Final
Sixmilebridge: Bridge United A V Moher Celtic
M.O`Brien 6.15

oldspice
04/04/2005, 11:41 AM
To be totally honest SLY we deserved at least a point yesterday but we couldnt get the ball into the net.We outplayed mountshannon for most of the game but nothing went our way.We were also let down by some poor refereeing but i think every team is let down by a ref at some stage.Back to the drawing board for the gaffer mcsherry.I think he wants the team to travel to bridgetown tonight in preperation for wednesdays game. :cool:

Talk to your tenants and they may give ye the loan of some mobile accomodation for the couple of nights.

footstar
04/04/2005, 2:35 PM
clare cup resumes this week. anybody got any views on who's going to win this cup? cousinsly who do you think will win the tie between olympic and avenue b ? just asking since ye played both teams recently.

CousinSylDolan
04/04/2005, 2:51 PM
clare cup resumes this week. anybody got any views on who's going to win this cup? cousinsly who do you think will win the tie between olympic and avenue b ? just asking since ye played both teams recently.

After playing Avenue B I would have given them a chance against Olympic but I was very impressed with Olympic when we played them. I knew they had good players but the team spirit they showed against us was something I had not seen from an Olympic team in years. If they can match that hunger against Avenue they will have no problems.

I would imagine that the strikeforce of JAJ will cause a lot of problems for Avenue. However I did expect Olympic to take Mntshn yesterday so you never know in this game...

Very suspicious that Avenue, Bridge was called off yesterday cos of a waterlogged pitch. Saturday was one of the best days of the year and Hermitage played on the same pitch at 2.30....

Any Avenue lads an explanation... Looks fraudulent to me.

Clifford
04/04/2005, 7:38 PM
Very suspicious that Avenue, Bridge was called off yesterday cos of a waterlogged pitch. Saturday was one of the best days of the year and Hermitage played on the same pitch at 2.30....

Any Avenue lads an explanation... Looks fraudulent to me.

ya syl the same can be said about the third division...kilkee had 3 games in hand of every one a couple of weeks ago....then both us and manus had four games in 11 days while kilkee only had 2 in 14 days.ok its up to us to win our games but playing 4 in 11 days would take its toll on any team..then they get 2 walkovers..no match last sunday when the gaelic football is on in clare..
and to top it all off they are down to play manus this tuesday only to hear from a ref on sunday that the actually played last wednesday instead..clare league is getting to be a joke....

great start to my intro to site. got hooked in reading the last 32 threads and nearly burned the feck*n dinner. ennis lad ye' re looking for with little (inside)knowledge about ennis teams. where do i start?????? (most questions seem to be about avenue for some reason????????????)
last tuesday avenue baet newmarket 5-1 and thursday b team lost to hermitage 1-0 on mud bath. fridays and saturdays games called off. ref walked pitch saturday and decided to call off sundays games as well to give pitch a chance ( tage decided to know better not for the first time). avenue are on a role with 9 wins in a row so no advantage to call it off.
(previous topics) avenue dont have a pitch because unlike newmarket and st pats there is no one willing to give them a few acres of land for a euro. ( but according to reliabe source watch this space)
avenue a team made up of older a team players. i dont think there was a falling out with anyone but a desire to be still involved playing without the training. example the average age of back five v tage last thursday was around 35.

Pauliwallnuts
04/04/2005, 9:00 PM
Ah its about time someone from Ennis came on here.

Saw a bit of Avenue B yesterday & they're still a damn good side & will give anyone they're playing plenty to think about.

The amount of teams from Ennis is pretty slack nowdays.

What are your thoughts on that ??

oldspice
05/04/2005, 8:14 AM
great start to my intro to site. got hooked in reading the last 32 threads and nearly burned the feck*n dinner. ennis lad ye' re looking for with little (inside)knowledge about ennis teams. where do i start?????? (most questions seem to be about avenue for some reason????????????)
last tuesday avenue baet newmarket 5-1 and thursday b team lost to hermitage 1-0 on mud bath. fridays and saturdays games called off. ref walked pitch saturday and decided to call off sundays games as well to give pitch a chance ( tage decided to know better not for the first time). avenue are on a role with 9 wins in a row so no advantage to call it off.
(previous topics) avenue dont have a pitch because unlike newmarket and st pats there is no one willing to give them a few acres of land for a euro. ( but according to reliabe source watch this space)
avenue a team made up of older a team players. i dont think there was a falling out with anyone but a desire to be still involved playing without the training. example the average age of back five v tage last thursday was around 35.

I passed by the fairgreen on Thursday and saw a little bit of the Avenue B v 'Tage game. It really was a mudbath and I'm not surprised there were no games played there at the weekend. Regardless of how fine a day Saturday was, the pitch was badly cut up. We were down to play Rock on sunday morning at Tiermaclane. While the game was called off due to damage caused to the pitch by vandals on saturday night (to both Rock's pitch and the Manus pitch just beside it) there was a massive difference between the two pitches as Rock had a game in the rain on Thursday while Manus didn't. I would say that any pitch that had a game on Thursday will take a while to recover.

oldspice
05/04/2005, 8:29 AM

Saw a bit of Avenue B yesterday & they're still a damn good side & will give anyone they're playing plenty to think about.

A few years back the premier division (or first as it was back then) was made up of roughly half Ennis teams and half non Ennis teams. Every Ennis club had a team in the top flight and they were the ones to be feared. Nowadays, you have Avenue and this season, Lifford/Oldtown a recent analgamation of two clubs that were up to then struggling. Back them the thought of Hermitage being in the bottom division (as they were last season) and Turnpike struggling in the second (last season also) would have the boys throwing on the white coats. All through that time, there have been strong underage clubs in Ennis but there it seems to stop. For me, there seems to be a few reasons. You no longer have "country boys" going in to town to play for the strong Ennis teams as used to be the case and the Ennis clubs no longer have the facilities within the town bounds - (Tiermaclane, Ruan and a number of teams sharing the fairgreen ... I rest my case.) The rise in the number of clubs outside Ennis has meant that the townies no longer have the dominance they once enjoyed (this also applies to Newmarket) so the same level of interest does not exist.

CousinSylDolan
05/04/2005, 9:22 AM
Anyone know the result of Cratloe vs Moher last night?????

CousinSylDolan
05/04/2005, 9:25 AM

Just saw on A2Z Cratloe won it 1-0....

Clifford
05/04/2005, 10:47 AM

you' d be ****ed off too playing in that **** weekin week out. the standard of pitches and refs is brutal. try to keep people interested but the package has to improve. look at youths and underage soccer. most clubs have none and biggest problem is someone to train them at grass roots level,. the basic things. take gaa or rugby. training pitches foodlights changing rooms. those that have underage teams 99% of there very good players are the ones that are the no1's on the gaa team school team burning them young???
ennis has avenue a and b good underage structure, as do lifford and pike. tage who will be premier in 2 years have a youths team.

Clifford
05/04/2005, 10:58 AM
A few years back the premier division (or first as it was back then) was made up of roughly half Ennis teams and half non Ennis teams. Every Ennis club had a team in the top flight and they were the ones to be feared. Nowadays, you have Avenue and this season, Lifford/Oldtown a recent analgamation of two clubs that were up to then struggling. Back them the thought of Hermitage being in the bottom division (as they were last season) and Turnpike struggling in the second (last season also) would have the boys throwing on the white coats. All through that time, there have been strong underage clubs in Ennis but there it seems to stop. For me, there seems to be a few reasons. You no longer have "country boys" going in to town to play for the strong Ennis teams as used to be the case and the Ennis clubs no longer have the facilities within the town bounds - (Tiermaclane, Ruan and a number of teams sharing the fairgreen ... I rest my case.) The rise in the number of clubs outside Ennis has meant that the townies no longer have the dominance they once enjoyed (this also applies to Newmarket) so the same level of interest does not exist.

can u name those 10 town teams (half teams)??????????????????????????? the good ennis teams of the past never had many country boys on them???? avenue were made up of the boys from the marrian avenue purtills caseys connellans mounseys etc backboned the team up to the nineties. then it was backboned by the 1990 youths team who where all from town (bar 1 or 2) the current team also have 1 or 2. the pike were backboned by clarecastle players (hardly country boys) now the pike team are very young. tage would rattle most premier teams. they keep disbanding so have to start in the lower divisions. Rock rovers have a lot of town players on it????
what facilitites do they no longer have in the town bounds.?????? how many players from ruan/tiermaclane play with town teams?????????

Clifford
05/04/2005, 11:00 AM
cratloe won 1 nil moher had 3 sent off.
they play again monday night. (its skys monday fight game live)

Nibzer
05/04/2005, 11:11 AM
More then a few strange goings on with the premier league fixtures in clare...
Newtown havin played 3 matches in 5 days now play next sunday and tuesday again.
Were playin the bridge on tuesday yet we havent even played moher OR lifford/oldtown at all this season.

Moher are not only behind in league matches but appear to have their fixtures set for friday nights and monday nights only,meaning clubs have to travel to lahinch on a crazy traffic and time schedule.

Avenue vs Bridge was definately a stroke pulled by avenue confirmed from a VERY reliable source!!
Between players being injured and players gone to the rugby match! :mad: :mad:

Clifford
05/04/2005, 11:22 AM
cup weekend lads predicitions

corofin v newmarket. shock on the cards here if corofin keep there heads. need to score first. newmarket have 5 clean sheets in the last 7 games. blip verses avenue 5-1 but missed a pen at 1 down. 2-1 in extra time

bridge v moher (next friday week) moher strong and with johnny daly back can score as well. not going well at the moment but mountshannon were in the same boat last year. bridge will not have it there own way and to progress need to concentrate on football.

avenue a versus newtown.
saw league game between them avenue won 2-0 but thought newtown were better team in first half. avenue have that fight back which won them games before that were tight. pens might be needed.

olympic v avenue b
sorry dont know much on olympic ( only ye're previous threads) but i did hear they have 2 brillant midfielders, super striker and rest are good combo to balance the team. oh and there fit. avenue b team round long time jp mannix sca fonzo ryano, micky byrnes etc but they haven't been scoring as much as last year. i also know they dont train, might be a big factor plus they have lost 2 games in a row??????? 1-0 could win this for either team

Clifford
05/04/2005, 11:28 AM
More then a few strange goings on with the premier league fixtures in clare...
Newtown havin played 3 matches in 5 days now play next sunday and tuesday again.
Were playin the bridge on tuesday yet we havent even played moher OR lifford/oldtown at all this season.

Moher despite being knocked out of all cup competitions long ago are not only behind in league matches but appear to have their fixtures set for friday nights and monday nights only,meaning clubs have to travel to lahinch on a crazy traffic and time schedule.

Avenue vs Bridge was definately a stroke pulled by avenue confirmed from a VERY reliable source!!
Between players being injured and players gone to the rugby match! :mad: :mad:

from a better source they had a training session in the new lees road and had 18 players at it. can also confirm there was no avenue player at rugby (can u name him?????????????????????) also found out that at least 8 of the squad are in college so it suits to play games on the sunday. mid week games means getting the players down from college ( which they have done) but exams coming up so need to get there games played. i was told paddy cullen walked it saturday and pulled the games. this is fact because i was at track field watching underage game

oldspice
05/04/2005, 11:31 AM
can u name those 10 town teams (half teams)??????????????????????????? the good ennis teams of the past never had many country boys on them???? avenue were made up of the boys from the marrian avenue purtills caseys connellans mounseys etc backboned the team up to the nineties. then it was backboned by the 1990 youths team who where all from town (bar 1 or 2) the current team also have 1 or 2. the pike were backboned by clarecastle players (hardly country boys) now the pike team are very young. tage would rattle most premier teams. they keep disbanding so have to start in the lower divisions. Rock rovers have a lot of town players on it????
what facilitites do they no longer have in the town bounds.?????? how many players from ruan/tiermaclane play with town teams?????????

When was the top division in Clare made up of 20 teams??? This site is meant for discussion on soccer - not an english lesson. I have spotted many grammatical, punctuation, errors here and let them slide. There's no need to be pedantic, I really think you knew what I meant. If you want to argue out some of your points, try telling anyone from Clarecastel he's a townie or from Ennis and then duck if you want to see rather than feel the reaction. I have known many players down the years who have played for Ennis teams, simply because there was no team in their locality. Hell, I was approached myself by three town teams when I was younger and a few of my current team have played for or been approached by same. I would consider the current Rock team a town team with a few non-townies on it. As for the Ruan/Tiermaclane issue, my point was that they are facilities outside of town which are used by town teams and that few enough lads from town are willing to be involved in such set-ups. How many decent pitches or soccer set-ups are there within the town bounds as compared to Shannon for instance which has a much smaller population??????????????? These are some of the reasons I was citing for the perceived decline in soccer within Ennis.

CousinSylDolan
05/04/2005, 11:43 AM
tage would rattle most premier teams.

Not sure if this is true as they played Newmarket a few weeks back in the cup and Newmarket won it 3-0.

As for the cup predictions.

Harps vs Newmarket... From what I saw of the Harps last Sunday they need a lot of improvment to even compete against Newmarket. Cant see where their goals will come from unless Dinan starts. Def fancy Newmarket here.

Bridge vs Moher...Good point earlier about Moher having a similar season to Mntshn last year but home advantage should see Bridge Utd thru.

Specials vs Avenue B... Will be a tough physical test for Olympic but I fancy JAJ strikeforce to be too much for Avenue.

Avenue vs Newtown... Too hard to call I'm afraid as Avenue have won 9 on the trot and Newtown have been unbeaten since the lg game vs Avenue... Sittin on the fence here...

oldspice
05/04/2005, 11:55 AM
Not sure if this is true as they played Newmarket a few weeks back in the cup and Newmarket won it 3-0.

As for the cup predictions.

Harps vs Newmarket... From what I saw of the Harps last Sunday they need a lot of improvment to even compete against Newmarket. Cant see where their goals will come from unless Dinan starts. Def fancy Newmarket here.

Bridge vs Moher...Good point earlier about Moher having a similar season to Mntshn last year but home advantage should see Bridge Utd thru.

Specials vs Avenue B... Will be a tough physical test for Olympic but I fancy JAJ strikeforce to be too much for Avenue.

Avenue vs Newtown... Too hard to call I'm afraid as Avenue have won 9 on the trot and Newtown have been unbeaten since the lg game vs Avenue... Sittin on the fence here...

By and large I'd agree with you cousinsyl but I'm not sure that Olympic's heart will be in it. They're coming under a bit of pressure in the league and I've no doubt that'll be their priority. Don't expect tomorrow night's result to change that outlook either. Either way, they're still very much in the hunt and with Mountshannon having points in the bag, they have to keep league slip-ups to a minimum. Avenue B, on the other hand, have the prospect of a possible cup semi or final against their a team and while the second division title may have slipped past them last Thursday, they are almost guranteed promotion unless Burren can pull off a big one. I think they may be more focussed than Olympic and could make it through.

MadMick
05/04/2005, 12:14 PM
By and large I'd agree with you cousinsyl but I'm not sure that Olympic's heart will be in it. They're coming under a bit of pressure in the league and I've no doubt that'll be their priority. Don't expect tomorrow night's result to change that outlook either. Either way, they're still very much in the hunt and with Mountshannon having points in the bag, they have to keep league slip-ups to a minimum. Avenue B, on the other hand, have the prospect of a possible cup semi or final against their a team and while the second division title may have slipped past them last Thursday, they are almost guranteed promotion unless Burren can pull off a big one. I think they may be more focussed than Olympic and could make it through.

You must fancy your chances against Rock twice, Mountshannon and the team I cannot mention for fear of causing an outcry! Who else do you have to play?

MadMick
05/04/2005, 1:33 PM
Why would you fancy your chances against a team you have lost to twice this season? :cool:
I did not say anything about losing to you guys twice???????