PDA

View Full Version : Clare Junior Soccer

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54

Murphman
13/04/2006, 7:13 AM
anyone know where i can get an up to date table of the second and third divisions...dont trust the one in the clare people

http://www.a2zsoccer.com/results/index.cfm?fuseaction=selectrounddivision&hostorg_id=809278

shelbourne1904
13/04/2006, 9:51 AM
Why was Less Road closed.Who Closed it and who verified this???

This baffles me.It is ok for the council to close Lees Road but it is not ok for Newtown to close Ballycasey?One set of rules for one club etc.....,Well it is not going to be the case anymore because those who are responsible for the upkeep of a pitch and bare the cost will not be told by the league or anybody else including referees when there property can be used or not!!!!!

If it is acceptable for a team to have a pitch that whether or not a game can go ahead is decided by another body then clubs who have their own ground have to be allowed to decide when they say a game can be cancelled irrespective of the league or refferee.The alternative is that clubs cannot use grounds that are not controlled by them.This is the only fair policy that can be applied.There cannot be 2 sets of rules just because a club do not own a pitch.

I ask the question again:Who closed Less Road for the match between Avenue and Cratloe and why???

Prem Rep!
13/04/2006, 12:24 PM
Council I believe but not sure??

OpenGoal
13/04/2006, 2:25 PM
Anyone know the result of this 1st division clash last night?

First
13/04/2006, 3:31 PM
The alternative is that clubs cannot use grounds that are not controlled by them.This is the only fair policy that can be applied.There cannot be 2 sets of rules just because a club do not own a pitch.

Shelbourne I agree that clubs should have the say whether their ground is playable or not playable but you can see that this will be abused by clubs looking to avoid a match for one reason or another. You are correct that there should be only one rule ...that rule should be that clubs are not elligible to partake in the Clare league unless they can prove that they have full control of the facilities that they are going to use for the season. as the costs of the mortgage , lease , maintainance is bourne by the club then they should have the final say, this is exactly the line the council are taking with the Lees Road facilties. It would be interesting to see where the Clare league would stand on this matter if the council closed Lees Road for half a season, as is I beleive within their rights.

offside01
13/04/2006, 4:12 PM
Corofin beat Rock 2-0.Rock dominated game but couldnt take chances.corofin scored with 1st attack in 1st half and early in second half rock had player sent off.Corofin scored late in 2nd half to wrap it up.

plasticpitch
13/04/2006, 5:04 PM
isnt it great to see such a lack of comments from the lifford lads on such a bleak bleak tuesday for them! also i would just like to thank the clare league for once again trying to ruin or chances of winning something with there very harsh fixtures dates! played huge cup game versus lifford sunday and then sheduled to play cratloe tuesday! my legs are killing me and i cant be the only one! we also have to play lifford next tuesday after newtown sunday! 2 days of a break! surely wed or thursday would be better, we asked for midweek games on a wednesday but clare league screwing us again!

id normally say fair play but after after that comment townie not a hope.
yeah my heart bleeds for ye... just as well ye have a big panel then isn't it.
4 hard games left for ye and by the way if lees road isnt playable next tuesday we will be headin to ruan so plenty of bananas and club energiser between now and sunday week townie:rolleyes:

plasticpitch
13/04/2006, 5:09 PM
If it is acceptable for a team to have a pitch that whether or not a game can go ahead is decided by another body then clubs who have their own ground have to be allowed to decide when they say a game can be cancelled irrespective of the league or refferee.The alternative is that clubs cannot use grounds that are not controlled by them.This is the only fair policy that can be applied.There cannot be 2 sets of rules just because a club do not own a pitch.

I ask the question again:Who closed Less Road for the match between Avenue and Cratloe and why???

in fairness shelbourne the pitches at the lees road have been used a lot. there are a huge amount of school boy games on there. the amount of grass on the pitches has dwindled and there were lots of cut knees grazes after sundays matches. the caretaker at the lees road has final say whether matches are played. in fairness the games are pulled on a friday not like when everyone turns up and pitch isn't playable. at least we can have a couple of scoops on saturday then:ball:

the boss
13/04/2006, 8:37 PM
Great result for Cratlow against Avenue tonight.
Opens the league up for ourselves and Bridge now.
Its back in our own hands now. 3 wins and the league is ours.
Come on Lifford!!
Best of luck to Cratlow. Hard luck avenue!

myleftfoot
14/04/2006, 7:35 AM
Hate to admit I agree with you Boss but on this showing Avenue have blown their chances. Lucky in the end to come away with a point. From the games I have seen them play they have been very average and lucky on few occasions. Definitely not Premier Champions standard.
Newtown to beat them Sun but probably too late for them to go on and win it after last weeks result. They would still need several other results to go their way to win it.
So that leaves Lifford or Bridge as favourites. Lifford with game in hand so hard to bet against them and I predicted they would win from the start!
Lifford to beat Bridge Celtic.
Newtown to beat Avenue.
Bridge Utd to relegate Cratloe. (Ps hard luck to Bunratty, surprisingly relegated considering the players they have) proves you are never too good to go down.

Prem Rep!
14/04/2006, 8:11 AM
Avenue are still favourites. They may not be playing well but they are not losing games. Lifford or Bridge are not picking up points when playing poorly. It will go dowm to the last day now hopefully. Should make for a nail biting finale.

townie
14/04/2006, 11:23 AM
we dented our chances of winning the league last night with poor result should of put them away in first half as we were by far the better team however we created little enough and lucky to get an o.g to put us 1-0, in the second half some strange changes were made when cratloe were still in it! they improved as we faded but we could of killed the game if glynno put away a penalty however keeper saved and they equalised ten mins later and finished by far the stronger of the two teams fair play to them. as for the boss, before u go mouthin off again the league is still in avenues hands check the table also check for the last time lifford beat avenue! we can lift it for the big games! however we do have poor record against bridge so its gonna be tricky and newtown fairly handy on there day! all il say is lifford wont be winnin much this year!

plasticpitch
14/04/2006, 12:42 PM
we dented our chances of winning the league last night with poor result should of put them away in first half as we were by far the better team however we created little enough and lucky to get an o.g to put us 1-0, in the second half some strange changes were made when cratloe were still in it! they improved as we faded but we could of killed the game if glynno put away a penalty however keeper saved and they equalised ten mins later and finished by far the stronger of the two teams fair play to them. as for the boss, before u go mouthin off again the league is still in avenues hands check the table also check for the last time lifford beat avenue! we can lift it for the big games! however we do have poor record against bridge so its gonna be tricky and newtown fairly handy on there day! all il say is lifford wont be winnin much this year!
may the best team win townie... avenues name not an the league yet.... and seeing as ye are top now teams will try extra hard to beat ye. saw some of yer game last night and to be fair ye were poor enough. i would agree that ye do lift yer performance for big games but ye have the hardest run in playing 3 contenders. so if ye win fair play but if bridge newtown or ourselves do then expect some stick:ball:
davy wall for a hat trick sunday.... come on davy my son!!

First
14/04/2006, 12:46 PM
may the best team win townie... avenues name not an the league yet.... and seeing as ye are top now teams will try extra hard to beat ye. saw some of yer game last night and to be fair ye were poor enough. i would agree that ye do lift yer performance for big games but ye have the hardest run in playing 3 contenders. so if ye win fair play but if bridge newtown or ourselves do then expect some stick:ball:
davy wall for a hat trick sunday.... come on davy my son!!

Plastic Davy is injured and unlikely to feature in any of the last games;)

papa-j
14/04/2006, 1:18 PM
Plastic Davy is injured and unlikely to feature in any of the last games;)

we're down to the bare bones with 2 or 3 others doubtful also. Never seen so many injuries in a team for one season. We're as sick as a plane to Lourdes:D

Prem Rep!
14/04/2006, 1:29 PM
Come on Davy, you have a few games in you!

myleftfoot
14/04/2006, 2:49 PM
Come on Davy, you have a few games in you!

Prem Rep youre not asking for much. Last Sunday im sure you were praying someone would mark Davy out of the game. This sun youre looking for a hatrick from him against Avenue.
And then on Tuesday night you will be banking on the same Avenue side to take points off Lifford to give ye a chance.
(If Lifford win their 3 games they will win title regardless of Bridge results)
Funny old game!
Anybody have any lucky charms for next week or a spare VOODOO doll??
Best of luck to all involved.

the boss
14/04/2006, 2:53 PM
we're down to the bare bones with 2 or 3 others doubtful also. Never seen so many injuries in a team for one season. We're as sick as a plane to Lourdes:D

Perfect just get on your hands and knees and pray for a miracle then!
Come on Newtown!!

myleftfoot
14/04/2006, 3:03 PM
Originally Posted by papa-j
we're down to the bare bones with 2 or 3 others doubtful also. Never seen so many injuries in a team for one season. We're as sick as a plane to Lourdes

Perfect just get on your hands and knees and pray for a miracle then!
Come on Newtown!!

Could do with a gallon of holy water while youre at it.

shelbourne1904
14/04/2006, 10:34 PM
in fairness shelbourne the pitches at the lees road have been used a lot. there are a huge amount of school boy games on there. the amount of grass on the pitches has dwindled and there were lots of cut knees grazes after sundays matches. the caretaker at the lees road has final say whether matches are played. in fairness the games are pulled on a friday not like when everyone turns up and pitch isn't playable. at least we can have a couple of scoops on saturday then:ball:

So do we have to wait till the grass grows back for the rest of the Lees Road games to be played.In my opinion there was not a serious amount of rain fell to warrant the game off.And I use Newtowns pitch as a gauge on this????

myleftfoot
16/04/2006, 5:27 PM
Congrats to Newtown on a fantastic performance earlier today - one of the best i have seen this year. Avenue as I predicted a while back are not going to win anything this year. They were lucky in earlier games to take a point apiece from Cratloe and Bunratty but came up against a far superior side today. They simply had no answer. Wonderful attacking play by Newtown and could have been more than 3-0 if not for some excellent goalkeeping and last ditch tackles. Unfortunately for Newtown they probably lost the league to Bridge last weekend. Bridge United now clear favourites. I expect them to easily beat a poor Cratloe side who will be relegated. Lifford have probably lost their chance with a draw earlier this morning.

CousinSylDolan
18/04/2006, 8:01 AM
Lynch Hotels Clare & District Soccer League Fixtures
Saturday 15/04/06
Cratloe Celtic 1 Newtown 7

Hermitage 2 Bridge United 2

Sunday 16/04/06
Maloney Hardware Shannon Premier Division League
Lifford A 1 Bridge Celtic A 1

Avenue United A 0 Newtown A 3

Clare Hire & Sales First Division League
Hermitage 2 Corofin Harps 4

Avenue United B 2 Kilmaley United 3

Moher Celtic 2 Rock Rovers 1

Shannon Olympic A 5 Connolly Celtic 2

SEL Print Second Division League
Bridge United B 1 Kildysart Celtic 7

Kilrush Rangers Tulla United

Suttons Lightings Third Division League
Lifford B 2 Bridge Celtic B 1

Manus Celtic Rinnanna Rovers B

St.Pats B Newmarket Celtic B

Inch Crusaders 1 Newtown B 0

CousinSylDolan
18/04/2006, 8:03 AM
Lynch Hotels Clare & District Soccer League Fixtures
Saturday 22/04/06
U17 Cup Simi Finals
Digifone Park: Lifford V Turnpike Rovers
P.Markham 11.00

Digifone Park: Connolly Celtic V Moneypoint
J.Deniffee 2.30

Note: In event of a draw 10 mins e/w extra time & penalty’s if necessary.

Gallivan Kennedy Youths League
Ballycasey: Newtown V Moher Celtic J.Stanford 3.00

Ruan: Cratloe Celtic V Lifford
F.Coote 6.00

Sunday 23/04/06
Maloney Hardware Shannon Premier Division League
Lees Road Pitch 2: Lifford A V Newmarket Celtic A
D.McCarthy 10.30

Ballycasey: Newtown A V Bridge Celtic A P.Mulready 10.30

Sixmilebridge: Bridge United A V Avenue United A M.O`Brien 10.30

Lees Road Pitch 4: Cratloe Celtic V Bunratty
P.Markham 10.30

Scariff: Mountshannon Celtic V Rinnanna Rovers A
P.Cullen 10.30

Tiermaclane: Kilmaley United V Corofin Harps
J.Stanford 10.30

Mullagh: Burren United V Avenue United B
F.Coote 10.30

Lees Road Pitch 4: Rock Rovers V Hermitage
D.Mccarthy 12.30

Shannon: Shannon Olympic A V Kilkishen Celtic J.Stanford 12.45

Lees Road Pitch 1: Turnpike Rovers V Kildysart Celtic P.Markham 12.30

Lahinch: Ennistymon Town V Kilrush Rangers
N.Bennett 10.30

Cooraclare: St.Pats A V Bridge United B
F.Coote 12.45

O`Briensbridge: Bridge Celtic B v St.Pats B
P.Cullen 12.45

Monday 24/04/06
Lees Road Pitch 1: Lifford B v Rinnanna Rovers B
J.Deniffee 6.45

Quin: Rhine Rovers V Newtown B
M.O`Brien 6.45

Tuesday 25/04/06
Fairgreen: Avenue United B V Kilkishen Celtic
T.McInerney 6.45

Corofin: Corofin Harps V Shannon Olympic A
F.Coote 6.45

Newmarket: Newmarket Celtic B V Inch Crusaders J.Stanford 6.45

Wednesday 26/04/06
Munster Junior Cup Clare Area Final
Digifone Park: Avenue United A V Newtown A
P.Cullen 6.30

Note: In event of a draw 10 mins e/w extra time & penalty’s if necessary.

Kilrush: Kilrush Rangers V St.Pats A
D.McCarthy 6.45

Gallivan Kennedy Youths League
Sixmilebridge: Cratloe Celtic V Bridge United
P.Mulready 6.45

Liscannor: Moher Celtic V Lifford
M.O`Brien 6.45

Friday 28/04/06

Newmarket: Newmarket Celtic B V Rhine Rovers T.McInerney 6.45

Prem Rep!
18/04/2006, 9:25 AM
All to play for in the Prem, Well done to Newtown at the weekend. If they don't win this year they will be surely very strong contenders for next season. Congrats to Moher, Olympic and Lifford B on their promotions.

Will Lee's road be open tonight or will the game be on in Ruan??

the boss
18/04/2006, 9:06 PM
Lifford have now confirmed their status as the number one team in town. Totally outplayed avenue could have been 5-0. Avenue are finished their only two decent players were Purtil and Rockford and they are pushing on and they have no good young players coming through. Lifford are the future of Clare Soccer so get used to it. Mannering definitely the best player in Clare.
Pressure now back on Bridge so lets see if ye can handle it.
Lifford for the premier!!

myleftfoot
18/04/2006, 10:36 PM
Congrats on a good performance but I wouldnt celebrate too soon boss. Bridge Utd clear favourites now. Odds on certainties to take 6 pts from Cratloe and the worst Avenue side I can remember seeing. Have to agree with you about Avenues younger players not being up to the standard the club have had down the years. I agree from the games I have seen them play their older players Purtil and Rochford have been their best players this season and only for them and young Mahony Avenue could be fighting relegation. In fact with they are now only 5pts clear of the Relegation zone. What a crazy league!
As for the best player in the league I couldnt comment as I have not seen all the teams play every sunday. From the premier games I have seen though the players that have impressed most are Dave Wall, Ryan Kelly, Mannering, Rochford, Mahony, Ger O'Connell, Jocks and Maxwell.
Several players in 1st Division probably better than whats in premier at moment.
So dont get too cocky boss Bridge will put egg on your face!

old boy
19/04/2006, 7:55 AM
Lifford have now confirmed their status as the number one team in town. Totally outplayed avenue could have been 5-0. Avenue are finished their only two decent players were Purtil and Rockford and they are pushing on and they have no good young players coming through. Lifford are the future of Clare Soccer so get used to it. Mannering definitely the best player in Clare.
Pressure now back on Bridge so lets see if ye can handle it.
Lifford for the premier!!

boss... u get nothing for being number 1 team in town...
avenues problem has been lack of young players coming through
possibily down to having no schoolboy set up and for years they were able to attract all the best young players in ennis due to their success in clare league year after year ... i would not write them off yet as most clubs go through a transition period now and again... i will mention ye at lifford it has taken you a while to get back up to preimier league & be up there challanging for honours and fair play to lifford for achiving this & your b team winning 3rd division also...
but untill you get as much success as avenue in recent years then you can claim to be no 1 team in town & clare

the boss
19/04/2006, 9:23 AM
boss... u get nothing for being number 1 team in town...
avenues problem has been lack of young players coming through
possibily down to having no schoolboy set up and for years they were able to attract all the best young players in ennis due to their success in clare league year after year ... i would not write them off yet as most clubs go through a transition period now and again... i will mention ye at lifford it has taken you a while to get back up to preimier league & be up there challanging for honours and fair play to lifford for achiving this & your b team winning 3rd division also...
but untill you get as much success as avenue in recent years then you can claim to be no 1 team in town & clare

As the saying goes youre only as good as your last game in which case ye are rubbish! Concentrate on the present dont be reylying on past glories.
We proved once and for all we are the best team in Ennis and will be for years to come.

the 12 th man
19/04/2006, 9:37 AM
As the saying goes youre only as good as your last game in which case ye are rubbish! Concentrate on the present dont be reylying on past glories.
We proved once and for all we are the best team in Ennis and will be for years to come.

Lighten up boss,you've done enough gloating...

myleftfoot
19/04/2006, 9:49 AM

Boss you need reality check.
Ive been tipping Lifford for the title all year but have a look at the table.
Lifford played excellent stuff last night but blew their chances against Bridge Celtic. Bridge Utd odds on certainties to win it now.
Fact: Bridge Utd will beat Cratloe
Fact: Bridge will beat Avenue especially after your gloating. Avenue not goint to want to win the title for Lifford now???
So come down out of the clouds and start praying cos you need a miracle.

CousinSylDolan
19/04/2006, 11:01 AM
Whats the chances of a 4 way playoff for the lg....4 teams could finish on 30 points.

Bridge to win tonight and lose Sunday, Newtown beat Bridge Celtic and Lifford draw with Newmarket... All possible results.

No certainty that the Bridge will win tonight though. Cratloe have as much if not more to play for!!!!! Interesting finish ahead.

Prem Rep!
19/04/2006, 11:23 AM
Quiet possible Syl, Cratloe have always given us a hard game. We only took one point from them last year and we were fortunate to beat them this year. What last nights result confirmed was that at least four teams will be in contention on the last day. As none of the contenders are playing out of their skins at the moment it will be the team who gets the slice of luck who wins it.

plasticpitch
19/04/2006, 11:41 AM
how exactly are avenue over rated! all the talk is about lifford winnin this and that and the reality of it is that ye will win nothin as ye will most likely bottle it once again!

hey townie....SHHHHH!

plasticpitch
19/04/2006, 11:46 AM
i can tell ye all that there is no one sad enough in avenue to be pretending to be someone else to stir another team up! everyone at avenue believes we are better than lifford and hopefully we can follow that up and prove it in both league and cup! we love playin lifford because we know there is some idiot on there team that thinks they are unbeatable when the arent! roll on the cup!!!!!
manalishi is obviously the boss!! or else just another sad person with sad ideas but definately not an avenue player

hey townie... SHHHHHH!

myleftfoot
19/04/2006, 12:01 PM
hey townie....SHHHHH!

Plasticpitch surprised to see you are just as gracious in victory as your friend "the boss". I have no love of Avenue but show some respect. You (and Newtown) will be relying on them next Sunday to do you a big favour.
You are both going to look foolish when Bridge win the title.

shelbourne1904
19/04/2006, 3:43 PM
Anyone hear Cratloe have no team tonight and will turn up against the Bridge the bare eleven??

What about one of our up and coming clubs Moher Celtic??Having beaten Lifford in the youths cup then proceeded to give Lifford a walkover in the League to virtually hand them the title over themselves and Newtown.What a farce.they should now be thrown out of the CUP!!!!

CousinSylDolan
19/04/2006, 3:50 PM
it will be good to see jimmy houlihan back 2nite.after a 5 week absence through injury.

Here Here!!!!!!! A top player.

How is Dunny these days after the knock he got vs Mow-Her.

First
19/04/2006, 3:58 PM
Congrats to Moher, Olympic and Lifford B on their promotions.

hey prem rep dont congratulate olympic or moher yet.corofin can still make 36 points..neither team matamatically up yet..it will be good to see jimmy houlihan back 2nite.after a 5 week absence through injury.

There hasn't been too much wrong with him when he is kicking ball in the carpark for the last couple of weeks.

Only messing he has been limping around like a gimp

plasticpitch
19/04/2006, 5:18 PM
Plasticpitch surprised to see you are just as gracious in victory as your friend "the boss". I have no love of Avenue but show some respect. You (and Newtown) will be relying on them next Sunday to do you a big favour.
You are both going to look foolish when Bridge win the title.
if bridge win the title then i will be on to congratulate them.....
as after avenues cup win over lifford townie was quick to poke the lifford people on this thread...
well all i can hear from townie now is .....SHHHHHH
the boss aint no friend of mine... i dont like his gloating comments not only to avenue but to all clubs
by the way the game last night we returned to some of our early season form. i must thank newtown who gave us the inspiration to play the way we did!!!

townie
19/04/2006, 6:34 PM
if bridge win the title then i will be on to congratulate them.....
as after avenues cup win over lifford townie was quick to poke the lifford people on this thread...
the boss aint no friend of mine... i dont like his gloating comments not only to avenue but to all clubs
by the way the game last night we returned to some of our early season form. i must thank newtown who gave us the inspiration to play the way we did!!!

il be gracious in defeat and say that the better team won on the night, we havent been performing well of late and to be honest we dont deserve to win anything going by our last 3 games! however, if i were a lifford man i would certainly not be trying to rise avenue considering the fate of who wins the league rests with us on sunday! but not to worry we will obviously do our best in last game considering we could get lucky if newmarket did us a favour along with bridge celtic! but i wouldnt be too confident of beaten the bridge sunday and wouldnt be overly disappointed to see them lift the league! then hopefully we can pull up our socks and try win the cup! this would bring some bit of joy to our season providing lifford won nothing...

guvnor
19/04/2006, 9:49 PM
"we could get lucky if newmarket did us a favour"

I think that would be a first considering the history between those clubs!!!!!

the boss
19/04/2006, 10:29 PM
Boss you need reality check.
Ive been tipping Lifford for the title all year but have a look at the table.
Lifford played excellent stuff last night but blew their chances against Bridge Celtic. Bridge Utd odds on certainties to win it now.
Fact: Bridge Utd will beat Cratloe
Fact: Bridge will beat Avenue especially after your gloating. Avenue not goint to want to win the title for Lifford now???
So come down out of the clouds and start praying cos you need a miracle.

Heard Bridge bottled it tonight just like avenue. better take that left foot out of your mouth now my left foot.
Who is "odds on certainties to win it now" Definitely not bridge like you predicted.
Lifford are destined to be champions after recent results.Take a long look at the table now. We are on top and are not going to throw it away this time. Roll on Sunday.

papa-j
20/04/2006, 8:47 AM
If you are to believe the posts here then the league is already won by Lifford with bridge finishing second. Its shows the lack of respect that lifford have for the Newmarket players. They think they will just show up on sunday & Newmarket will roll over for them like they have all year.

An Avenue poster has already said that they would rather see the bridge win
it than Lifford so that shows their intentions on Sunday. Its pitiful to see a team who still have a chance to make a play off think like that. Maybe that
type of attitude has cost them the title, when it was theirs to win.

So I guess thats it then Lifford to hammer Newmarket & Avenue to roll over for the bridge:eek:

the boss
20/04/2006, 9:45 AM
If you are to believe the posts here then the league is already won by Lifford with bridge finishing second. Its shows the lack of respect that lifford have for the Newmarket players. They think they will just show up on sunday & Newmarket will roll over for them like they have all year.

An Avenue poster has already said that they would rather see the bridge win
it than Lifford so that shows their intentions on Sunday. Its pitiful to see a team who still have a chance to make a play off think like that. Maybe that
type of attitude has cost them the title, when it was theirs to win.

So I guess thats it then Lifford to hammer Newmarket & Avenue to roll over for the bridge:eek:

It doesnt bother us what the other teams do on Sunday. All we have to do is win on Sunday. We are not underestimating Newmarket. They are no pushovers on their own "pitch" but its impossible to play football on. We have to be confident that on a good surface on a big pitch our footballers will get the chance to play proper football like we did the other night. If we reproduce that form we will have enough to beat Newmarket.
No disrespect to Newmarket from our club. They are welcome to join us celebrating afterwards - just dont invite Townie!!

papa-j
20/04/2006, 10:11 AM
It doesnt bother us what the other teams do on Sunday. All we have to do is win on Sunday. We are not underestimating Newmarket. They are no pushovers on their own "pitch" but its impossible to play football on. We have to be confident that on a good surface on a big pitch our footballers will get the chance to play proper football like we did the other night. If we reproduce that form we will have enough to beat Newmarket.
No disrespect to Newmarket from our club. They are welcome to join us celebrating afterwards - just dont invite Townie!!

When you beat Newmarket on your big wonderfully surfaced pitch with your "superior footballers" they wont be in any mood for celebrating cause if
Mountshannon beat Rineanna at home then its a play off between them to decide who goes into the promotion/relegation playoff:eek:

plasticpitch
20/04/2006, 11:38 AM
Heard Bridge bottled it tonight just like avenue. better take that left foot out of your mouth now my left foot.
Who is "odds on certainties to win it now" Definitely not bridge like you predicted.
Lifford are destined to be champions after recent results.Take a long look at the table now. We are on top and are not going to throw it away this time. Roll on Sunday.
boss u are talking through your back side again......
please stop posting on this thread... if you are a lifford supporter then shut it... u are not helping the players or the club .. in fact u are a liability.
you have been very quiet the last couple of weeks... havent seen you at any away games... if you are here to wind lifford players up youhave succeded.... god help ya if i ever find out who u are!!!

plasticpitch
20/04/2006, 11:51 AM
il be gracious in defeat and say that the better team won on the night, we havent been performing well of late and to be honest we dont deserve to win anything going by our last 3 games! however, if i were a lifford man i would certainly not be trying to rise avenue considering the fate of who wins the league rests with us on sunday! but not to worry we will obviously do our best in last game considering we could get lucky if newmarket did us a favour along with bridge celtic! but i wouldnt be too confident of beaten the bridge sunday and wouldnt be overly disappointed to see them lift the league! then hopefully we can pull up our socks and try win the cup! this would bring some bit of joy to our season providing lifford won nothing...
well fair play townie for been gracious.
I'd say olympic will smell blood in your cup game and it could be curtains for ye in the cup as well.
If avenue were to lose to olympic i wouldn't be overly disappointed and if lifford won the league on sundaythis would bring some bit of joy to our season;)
all to play still as you know but really is in our own hands.
Pity ye are not playing us last game though, would have been a cracking decider.
Cratloe as i thought would get a point off bridge last night. they took a points off us 1st game of the season on that pitch.
Bridge were unlucky not getting break of the ball and the ref was shocking for both sides but i thought a draw was a fair result.
billy Maxwell was taken off injured last night. he would be a big loss for bridge on sunday

allrounder
20/04/2006, 11:53 AM
Cratloes surprise result has kept things very interesting - Lifford are obvious favourites and will probably win easy but stranger things have happened. Heres my take on it:

1. If Lifford beat Newmarket - Lifford win league

2. If Bridge Utd beat Avenue and Lifford draw/loose - Bridge Utd win League

now it gets complicated......

3. For Newtown to win the league or get into a playoff they must beat Bridge Celtic, Lifford must draw/loose and Bridge Utd must draw/loose

4. For Avenue to win the League or get into a playoff they must beat Bridge Utd and Lifford must draw/loose

5. For Rineanna to get into a playoff to win the league they must beat Mountshannon, Lifford must loose, Bridge Utd and Avenue must draw and Newtown must draw/loose.

Roll on Super Sunday and Come on Rineanna!!!

the boss
20/04/2006, 12:19 PM
When you beat Newmarket on your big wonderfully surfaced pitch with your "superior footballers" they wont be in any mood for celebrating cause if
Mountshannon beat Rineanna at home then its a play off between them to decide who goes into the promotion/relegation playoff:eek:

And you think that will ruin our celebrations????
I will be still drunk by the time that game comes around.

myleftfoot
20/04/2006, 12:36 PM
[QUOTE=plasticpitch]if bridge win the title then i will be on to congratulate them.....
QUOTE]

Seems to me that the scent of success is going to your (and your "boss") head. Both of your caustic comments may have annoyed townie and some of his Avenue teammates but it was football not sideswipes that won it for Lifford Tuesday night. My advice to you both is to be gracious and stick to the football. You beat Avenue on Tuesday - well done - but get over it.