PDA

View Full Version : Clare Junior Soccer

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54

CousinSylDolan
06/10/2005, 7:47 AM
are they not loosing players 2limerick ?

Are you on about the 2 lads that currently play with Pike or do you mean 2 more from the current Avenue team have been approached to go in there.:confused:

Clifford
06/10/2005, 9:44 AM
Are you on about the 2 lads that currently play with Pike or do you mean 2 more from the current Avenue team have been approached to go in there.:confused:

pike aren't the only team in limerick sniffing around avenue. if a player decides to go what can one do. over the last few years avenue have lost practically a full team (some r other reasons than playing in limerick league) but manage to get by. i don't think the limerick league is as glam as its made out to be. clare league has improved especially in pitch and changing facilities. this will lead to an improvement in standards as well. so the carrot isn't as big any more. i'd safely say that avenue can afford to lose the two in question (any concrete names cous?????) because there squad is big enough now to compensate. i wouldn't worry about limerick that much cause i can see playeres coming back to clare league in the not too distant future, and not just avenue.

any one know about the player playing under 21 for ul/aisling annacotty in league of ireland on a saturday and playing in the clare prem for there junior club on a sunday. isn't this illegal?????????????????????????? (name and team withheld)

CousinSylDolan
06/10/2005, 10:13 AM
He is a damn good player for his age that fella....

Prem Rep!
06/10/2005, 10:13 AM
I agree with you Clifford. A lot of the Clare lads playing in Limerick are 25 and over and I would say that the average age of most of the premier teams in Clare at the moment is 23 or less. The main thing is that our young players are staying in Clare and that we give them no reason to leave. It is great to win honours where ever you get them, but nothing beats winning something for your local side. In clare the pitches and facilities are improving gradually and so will the football. The prem is very tight this year and I think this is due to the improving standard of the league. There are no easy games any more. Plus there are a few good teams knocking on the door to get in and who in my opinion would improve the league even further.
Lets hope our sides have respectable runs in the fai this year.

the only 1
06/10/2005, 10:19 AM

fiztpatrick+murphy are they any good?:) :)

CousinSylDolan
06/10/2005, 10:45 AM
without naming names would he play for the woodcross brigade

Not the fella I'm thinking of!!!! Plays his home games in Lee's Road alright though.

townie
06/10/2005, 12:28 PM
i dont know wat people are talkin about 2 players goin in to limerick? murphy our keeper is currently out for 4 weeks while fitzpatrick hasnt played more than 4 games for avenue juniors in last 2 seasons! if it is true we will be able cope but i really doubt it is! secondly last week our against cratloe our bench had sean o meara, eoin glynn, david monaghan, honers, shane irwin, richie kane! also gary flynn is back from injury and will be back in trainin this week! but having these players on the bench gave the rest of the team a kick up the hole as they knew there places were in jeopardy! we won 4-0

townie
06/10/2005, 12:30 PM
would he hve the initials g mcn and play for a red ennis team with rivalry to avenue! good player

CousinSylDolan
06/10/2005, 12:56 PM
would he hve the initials g mcn and play for a red ennis team with rivalry to avenue! good player

Thats the fella....;)

Nibzer
06/10/2005, 1:28 PM
What would happen if there found guilty then..?Docked points..?fine or will the teams he's played against be awarded points?:confused:

CousinSylDolan
06/10/2005, 1:48 PM
What would happen if there found guilty then..?Docked points..?fine or will the teams he's played against be awarded points?:confused:

Not a hope I'd imagine... I'm sure he is legal to play and Lifford have it all checked out....

Any crack down in the Bunratty Mall these days Nibzer??????
You were looking very smart last weekend in that pink tie;) ;) ;)

the only 1
06/10/2005, 1:56 PM
i dont know wat people are talkin about 2 players goin in to limerick? murphy our keeper is currently out for 4 weeks while fitzpatrick hasnt played more than 4 games for avenue juniors in last 2 seasons! if it is true we will be able cope but i really doubt it is! secondly last week our against cratloe our bench had sean o meara, eoin glynn, david monaghan, honers, shane irwin, richie kane! also gary flynn is back from injury and will be back in trainin this week! but having these players on the bench gave the rest of the team a kick up the hole as they knew there places were in jeopardy! we won 4-0

im only telling u wat my brother said they were in traning tuesday night

Clifford
06/10/2005, 2:43 PM
im only telling u wat my brother said they were in traning tuesday night

you might have the names mixed up. the only fitz playing is ritchie fitzpatrick. he is playing for the b team but could play league of ireland i rate him that good. the only problem with been in limerick on tuesday is he works in dublin and his loyalty is undoubtfully committed to the avenue social life. spudy murphy (goalkeeper) is out of action for the last few weeks due to finger fracture. i doubt he would have trained in goals in limerick tuesday especially as he was in lees road training outfield tuesday night. ?????????
(ask ur brother again as it might be two other players)

as for under 21 different leagues seem to have different rules. 3 seasons and up to 2 seasons ago i am fairly positive moher couldn't play a player in their side because he was playing 21's,,,,,, until the 21 league was over.???????
another rule i heard from fai source is that if he is one of the over 21 playing under 21 then he is illegal. (u21 allowed sign 5 players over 21 but can only play 3 at one time).
i am sure clare league will have all the answers ???????????????????????????
great advert for smarties.

townie
06/10/2005, 2:49 PM
there is more than one lifford player playin under 21 for ul/annacotty! theve a rite sided young midfielder aswell so iv been told

Prem Rep!
06/10/2005, 4:30 PM
We played Aisling Annacotty in the FAI Junior Cup a few years back and they had 4 or 5 lads who also played U21 for UL Annacotty so I don't think it is a problem.

OpenGoal
06/10/2005, 4:33 PM
I could be wrong here, I'm sure someone will correct me, but AA were a junior side. ULAA U-21 are a league of Ireland U-21 side.

Prem Rep!
06/10/2005, 4:59 PM
Yes, this is correct I think.
Plus we play Lisselton Rovers in this years FAI who have four players who play on Kerry U21's so I'm certain you can play both.

OpenGoal
07/10/2005, 9:30 AM
who is your club Prem Rep? I'm too lazy to look back up through the posts to figure it out from the draws/results page.

In any case, whata plum draw, Lisselton rovers, we are hoping for Killarney or Dingle if we get out of Clare, would make for a great weekend. dont know if much football would be played though :-)

CousinSylDolan
07/10/2005, 10:33 AM
we are hoping for Killarney or Dingle if we get out of Clare, would make for a great weekend. dont know if much football would be played though :-)

Ye are welcome to join the Rats in Killarney next weekend... as long as ye are willin to put on a jersey and help us out vs Killarney Celtic... Maybe the 6 ex-rats that play for ye would come back for the trip down there. We might need 2 teams to expect a result down there.

Lisselton are a good side from what I hear. Supposed to be paying players big money to join from other big clubs. They may even challenge Dynamo's for honours this season from what I hear.

OpenGoal
07/10/2005, 10:55 AM
Ye are away to Killarney???? Fecks sake, thats some luck!!! Bus down Friday after work :-)

Who are the 6 players from bunratty? I can only think of 3. Jimmy, John & Weetabix.

Prem Rep!
07/10/2005, 11:01 AM
I'm from Bridge United OpenGoal

CousinSylDolan
07/10/2005, 11:26 AM
Ye are away to Killarney???? Fecks sake, thats some luck!!! Bus down Friday after work :-)

Who are the 6 players from bunratty? I can only think of 3. Jimmy, John & Weetabix.

I'll save you a seat down the back of the bus:D :D :D

Keep thinking... There are 6 starters from last week who played with Bunratty before.

Did not think you would get Weetabix but you shoulf deffo get 2 more.

OpenGoal
07/10/2005, 11:33 AM
Dunnie, Hogie, maybe? really dont know after that!

CousinSylDolan
07/10/2005, 11:47 AM
Dunnie, Hogie, maybe? really dont know after that!

Spot on...

Jimmy, JR, Dunny, Hogey, Weetabix and Brendy McKeogh have all played for Bunratty. All 6 started against us last week and were managed by a former Bunratty man too.

I never realised until now we are a feeder club for Olympic...

Prem Rep!
07/10/2005, 12:15 PM
To be honest I was very surprised to see JR leaving this year. And on that subject and this is open to everyone, how many one club players do you have in your sides at the moment. ie players that have only played for one club at Junior level??

Prem Rep!
07/10/2005, 12:18 PM
Did he put in a transfer request or was he approached??

Prem Rep!
07/10/2005, 1:19 PM
What's he leaving for so??

Prem Rep!
07/10/2005, 1:46 PM
Excuse me livermore, we are doing alright out in Clare.
Our fields and facilities are improving and so is the standard of play. Our Oscar Traynor team won 2 seasons back and before you start making excuses about how uninterested ye are in the oscar traynor ye have a full topic filled on this forum discussing the Limerick selection, looks to me like their is plenty interest. Our league is 99% Clare players, yours 70% Limerick maybe.
Additionally we do not come on to the Limerick topics moaning about your league so hop back over to topics you know more about and stop annoying us with your 'Anywhere outside Limerick is farmland mentality' bull!

Nibzer
07/10/2005, 2:02 PM
Hear hear!
oh and couz it wasnt pink,it was salmon...were selling 'um down here for only 12euro,yes you heard it right...12euro!! So i'll put one away for ya and you can collect it next time your around..dont worry bout it!

dahamsta
07/10/2005, 2:18 PM
are u for real top teams in limerick fairview fai winners pike mjc winners 2years ago no1 from clare ever win anything ****e teams_fields plus gerry won loads wit pike he must be missing tropheys hes harldly goin 2win some wit bridge is he:eek:Banned for a week for: a) continuing with the txt spk, despite clear warnings; and b) trolling.

adam

CousinSylDolan
10/10/2005, 7:28 AM
Lynch Hotels Clare & District Soccer League Results
Saturday 08/10/05

Gallivan Kennedy Youths League
Moher Celtic (P-P) Cratloe Celtic

F.A.I. Youths Cup First Round
Bunratty Lifford

Munster Youths Cup First Round
Newtown 2 Newmarket Celtic 0

F.A.I. U17 Youths Cup First Round
Bridge United Geraldine’s (Lim)

Sunday 09/10/05
F.A.I. U17 Youths Cup Second Round
Corbally United 5 Turnpike Rovers 2

F.A.I. Junior Cup 2nd Round Clare/Kerry/Desmond Area
Rock Rovers 0 Newtown A 3

Munster Junior Cup First Round
Avenue United A 6 Bridge Celtic A 1

Maloney Hardware Shannon Premier Division League
Bridge United A 4 Cratloe Celtic 2

Newmarket Celtic A 3 Bunratty 2

Mountshannon Celtic 1 Lifford A 2

Clare Hire & Sales First Division League
Burren United 1 Connolly Celtic 2

Hermitage 2 Kilmaley United 0

Kilkishen Celtic 0 Shannon Olympic A 5

SEL Print Second Division League
Kilkee 2 Bridge United B 1

Turnpike Rovers 3 Cooraclare Celtic 0

Kilrush Rangers 1 Shannon Olympic B 1

Kildysart Celtic 1 Tulla United 0

Suttons Lightings Third Division League
Bridge Celtic B 1 Lifford B 3

Inch Crusaders 3 Newmarket Celtic B 3

Newtown B 0 Rhine Rovers 0

Rinnanna Rovers B 1 Manus Celtic 4

CousinSylDolan
10/10/2005, 7:43 AM
Lynch Hotels Clare & District Soccer League Fixtures
Saturday 15/10/05
Clare U17 Soccer League
Kilmaley School: Connolly Celtic V Turnpike Rovers J.Deniffee 1.00

Gallivan Kennedy Youths League
Sixmilebridge: Bridge United V Hermitage
F.Coote 1.00

F.A.I. Youths Cup Second Round
Ballycasey: Newtown V Lifford
P.Markham 11.00

Note: In event of a draw 10 mins e/w extra time & penalty’s if necessary.

Munster Youths Cup First Round
Bunratty: Bunratty V Moher Celtic
F.Coote 3.30

Sunday 16/10/05

F.A.I. Junior Cup 2nd Round Clare/Kerry/Desmond Area
Scariff: Mountshannon Celtic V Adare United
P.Gleeson 2.30

Shannon: Shannon Olympic V Bridge Celtic
P.Mulready 11.00

Fairgreen: Hermitage V Kilcornan United
A.Murphy 2.30

Killarney: Killarney Celtic V Bunratty
Kerry Officials 2.30

Newcastle west: Newcastle west F.C. V Rinnanna Rovers Desmond League Officials 2.30

Lees Road Pitch 2: Avenue United V Athea United
P.Markham 2.30

Grannagh: Grannagh United V Cratloe Celtic
Desmond League Officials 11.00

Mounthawk Park Tralee: Lisselton Rovers V Bridge United Kerry Officials 2.30

Mounthawk Park Tralee: Tralee Celtic V Newmarket Celtic Kerry Officials 2.30

Glantine: Glantine F.C. V Moher Celtic
Desmond League Officials 2.30

Munster Junior Cup Second Round
Lees Road Pitch 4: Lifford A V Bridge United B
F.Coote 2.30

Clare Hire & Sales First Division League
Kilmaley School: Connolly Celtic V Kilkishen Celtic P.Markham 11.00

Corofin: Corofin Harps V Kilmaley United
M.O`Brien 11.00

SEL Print Second Division League
Kilkee: Kilkee V Turnpike Rovers
J.Stanford 2.30

Kilmhill: St.Pats A V Ennistymon Town
D.McCarthy 11.00

Shannon: Shannon Olympic B V Tulla United P.Mulready 1.30

Cahercon: Kildysart Celtic V Cooraclare Celtic
J.Stanford 11.00

Suttons Lightings Third Division League
Quin: Rhine Rovers V Bridge Celtic B
D.Cunningham 2.00

Ballycasey: Newtown B V Inch Crusaders
D.Cunningham 11.00

Lees Road Pitch 1: Lifford B V Rinnanna Rovers B
P.Gleeson 11.00

Kilmhill: St.Pats B V Manus Celtic
D.McCarthy 1.30

the only 1
10/10/2005, 3:58 PM
Banned for a week for: a) continuing with the txt spk, despite clear warnings; and b) trolling.

adam

whats trolling?

dahamsta
10/10/2005, 4:07 PM
http://foot.ie/faq.php?faq=rules#faq_trolling

If you have any more questions, please ask them in the support forum.

shelbourne1904
12/10/2005, 10:01 AM
To be honest I was very surprised to see JR leaving this year. And on that subject and this is open to everyone, how many one club players do you have in your sides at the moment. ie players that have only played for one club at Junior level??
Newtown have 7 from ist 11

OpenGoal
12/10/2005, 10:18 AM
thats fairly good!

who would the 7 be?

CousinSylDolan
12/10/2005, 2:04 PM
Newtown have 7 from ist 11

I only counted 5 from last Sundays 11.... Who are the 7?

Kicks
12/10/2005, 2:40 PM
If a team gives a walkover as well as actomaticlly losing the game 3-0 do they also get deducted 3 points? I was just wondering because on the table at a2z they haven't deducted Kilkee 3 points for giving a walkover a couple of weeks ago. Could be an important 3 points as they seem to have a good team and have a couple of good wins under their belts already and could be contenders for the league.

old boy
12/10/2005, 2:55 PM
I only counted 5 from last Sundays 11.... Who are the 7?

who were the 5 .... i can only think of players below
noel donnelan / glenn coyle / probally a couple of ex youth players :D :mad:

Nibzer
12/10/2005, 3:07 PM
Noel,Glen,Ray Quigley,Ryan Kelly...i think thats it from our starting 11 but i can name alot more in our squad

CousinSylDolan
12/10/2005, 3:25 PM
If a team gives a walkover as well as actomaticlly losing the game 3-0 do they also get deducted 3 points? I was just wondering because on the table at a2z they haven't deducted Kilkee 3 points for giving a walkover a couple of weeks ago. Could be an important 3 points as they seem to have a good team and have a couple of good wins under their belts already and could be contenders for the league.

Its defintely a rule but the administrator of A2Z would not deduct 3 points from Kilkee unless he was authorised by the Clare Lg to do so... I'm sure if he got clarifaction he would...

loose cannon
12/10/2005, 3:44 PM
What about yourself nibzer, have you not been a one club man.

francesco_1
12/10/2005, 4:59 PM
Lads who's anthony whyte playing for these days? anthony from sixmilebridge

CousinSylDolan
13/10/2005, 7:10 AM
Lads who's anthony whyte playing for these days? anthony from sixmilebridge

Played with Newmarket last season but back at Bridge Utd (Sixmilebridge) now...

How is K Kissane doing in town in your opinion... Good player.

Nibzer
13/10/2005, 9:19 AM
What about yourself nibzer, have you not been a one club man.

Ya but i havent played this season...still out injured my friend!

OpenGoal
13/10/2005, 10:08 AM

Who is Kes playing for these days????

CousinSylDolan
13/10/2005, 10:24 AM
Who is Kes playing for these days????

Playing for Tommy Lynch inside in Hill Celtic...

OpenGoal
13/10/2005, 11:23 AM
Playing for Tommy Lynch inside in Hill Celtic...

Quality player is Kes. Best of luck to him. Are they still palying up on that pitch at the back of southill with the green fence??

Are ye playing this weekend syldolan?

CousinSylDolan
13/10/2005, 11:37 AM
Quality player is Kes. Best of luck to him. Are they still palying up on that pitch at the back of southill with the green fence??

Are ye playing this weekend syldolan?

We are away to Killarney Celtic in the FAI... Should be a good trip win,lose or draw.

Hill Celtic play in Hogan Park I think.

francesco_1
13/10/2005, 4:42 PM

Ya kissane is playing well he's got great feet and is composed on the ball,he's up at hill celtic with us.