PDA

View Full Version : Clare Junior Soccer

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54

old boy
25/05/2005, 3:38 PM
since we are all fired up and slagging each other off

what about posting your opions on the best club in clare / shannon / bunratty area .... give us ure opions & reasons ... try not to be two biased to your own clubs...

my own would be on newtown on their set up at ballycasey if only they had a team fit to grace it

football wise would favour bunratty when they play well...

avenue / newmarket / bridge utd are unpredictable but can
still produce league / cup winning teams

park rangers good set up also ... but their teams are based around
getting new players every year from other clubs ... i feel park are for ever going to be a mid table team in limerick premier league

:D :

Nibzer
26/05/2005, 9:26 AM
cool as a cucumber old boy.......my last comment seems to have struck a nerve with knobzer tho. Poor lad, f'ing and blinding, should stick to selling t-shirts and socks.........

Relax James, its only a bit of fun ;)

Hahaha...and am i good at dat...best sock seller this side of the shannon river!

So if anyones looking for a good quality,top of the range pair of socks at low prices...look no further then dressco's store in shannon..top of the range labels at rock bottom prices!! Limited stock so hurry..... :D :D

CousinSylDolan
26/05/2005, 10:08 AM
Hahaha...and am i good at dat...best sock seller this side of the shannon river!

So if anyones looking for a good quality,top of the range pair of socks at low prices...look no further then dressco's store in shannon..top of the range labels at rock bottom prices!! Limited stock so hurry..... :D :D

Are ye sellin any Champions lg winners t-shirts? Drop one into the Knights for me later on this evening... Tell Rocksie I want it on the house too.

devilfish
26/05/2005, 11:46 AM
Did you see Nibzer and Rocksie in the Istanbul last night, the second Liverpool won, they were printing the tee-shirts and giving them to all the players. I'm sure I saw the top of Nibzers spiky head going by the camera last night while Carra was giving an interview and handing a jersey up to him....quality businessmen, talk about seizing the moment!!!!

As for the comments from that Shelbourne bloke about why Shannon lads don't play for their home team....answer is simple: the main clubs in shannon can never look after the quality players that are in the town.....they keep losing them to better, more organised clubs without the politics that drive so many away in the 1st place.

old boy
26/05/2005, 12:51 PM
Did you see Nibzer and Rocksie in the Istanbul last night, the second Liverpool won, they were printing the tee-shirts and giving them to all the players. I'm sure I saw the top of Nibzers spiky head going by the camera last night while Carra was giving an interview and handing a jersey up to him....quality businessmen, talk about seizing the moment!!!!

As for the comments from that Shelbourne bloke about why Shannon lads don't play for their home team....answer is simple: the main clubs in shannon can never look after the quality players that are in the town.....they keep losing them to better, more organised clubs without the politics that drive so many away in the 1st place.
knowing rocksie he had already sold a load of european cup winners shirts to milan players & fans at half time ....
would not agree with shannon teams not looking after their quality players... not a lot you can do if a player wants to leave for waht ever reason... a lot of these players leaving have been with some of these clubs for years ... :ball: :ball: :ball:

First
26/05/2005, 1:07 PM
God help us....if there was money involved with all these movements from club to club, i'd become an agent (simple rule in life , stick with your own , at least they know what kind of ******* you really are).

Question, away from the usual slagging that has started appearing here.(F**k off Jimmy Houlihan ) who are the most successful team in the Clare league. If ye don't mind we'll start with the clare competitions ,even the so called minor competitions.Just curious after a drunken conversation lat night.

Nibzer
26/05/2005, 1:28 PM
Are ye sellin any Champions lg winners t-shirts? Drop one into the Knights for me later on this evening... Tell Rocksie I want it on the house too.

Ya were getting a few in but we wont have any in your size....we normally only order up to XXXL... :D :D

Nibzer
26/05/2005, 2:16 PM
Will you shut up or im going to have to hurt you.No one is interested u reject.

Relax..

CousinSylDolan
26/05/2005, 2:37 PM
Ya were getting a few in but we wont have any in your size....we normally only order up to XXXL... :D :D

Careful now Nibzer or I will have to get Ned Kelly to return and upset you again.... ;)

I'll be in the Knights at 4.30 so you can drop down my FREE XXL Champions Lg winners shirt like we agreed.... I've it sorted with Rocksie....

First
26/05/2005, 3:03 PM

Handyman hiding behind Fredred. hurt me and reject ????????

First
26/05/2005, 3:43 PM
I would have thought Avenue.

First
26/05/2005, 3:45 PM
Newmarket celtic would have to be the most successful team in clare. :cool:

It must have been years back because the shower they have now...............

First
26/05/2005, 3:52 PM
Is there a Clare league site that might have rundown on stuff like this.

Revolver
26/05/2005, 5:14 PM

Hey Fredred,you are nothing but a **** stirring B-----d.get off this site and stay off,i have read your previous mails and all you talk is bull****. :p :p

OpenGoal
26/05/2005, 5:36 PM
Hey Fredred,you are nothing but a **** stirring B-----d.get off this site and stay off,i have read your previous mails and all you talk is bull****. :p :p

I second that. Every single post you have made is nonsense fredred.

I would have thought avenue are the most successful too. Didnt they win a munster junior cup one time? havent heard of anyone else from clare winning it. Dont know about success if we measured it in terms of league wins. Maybe anyone who knows premier winners of specific years should post them up here and we can generate a list. We could always do cups etc afterwards.

From my (very limited) knowledge

League titles

2005 Avenue
2004 Bunratty
Please fill in the rest, anyone........

Revolver
26/05/2005, 7:47 PM
"News just in" Davy Wall is definitely signing for Newtown FC next year.Heard from a reliable source but can't divulge my information. :D :D :D

Revolver
26/05/2005, 9:55 PM
"News just in" Davy Wall is definitely signing for Newtown FC next year.Heard from a reliable source but can't divulge my information. :D :D :D

Shelbourne 04 was the source

CousinSylDolan
27/05/2005, 7:02 AM
My opinion on the most sucessful team in Clare...

Of all time it has to be Newmarket.... In the 80's they won lg and cup year in year out... Over the last 10 years however they have fialed to win a lg and have only 1 cup I think. Goiung back over the last 10 years I think Avenue would be the most sucessful....

2005.... Lg Avenue... Cup Harps or Mow Her
2004.... Lg Bunratty... Cup Bunratty
2003.... Lg Bridge Utd... Cup Bunratty
2002... Lg Avenue.... Cup Avenue
2001... Lg Bunratty.... Cup Bunratty
2000... Lg Avenue.... Cup ???????
1999...Lg ???????..... Cup Bunratty
1998...Lg St Pats.....Cup St Pats...

Not 100% sure on this but from what I know Avenue and Bunratty have dominated the Lg and Bunratty have won the cup 4 of the last 6 years...

old boy
27/05/2005, 8:24 AM
Shelbourne 04 was the source

if anybody would know shelbourne o4 would know he has very strong contacts on davy wall ...

what about ballbreaker if anybody is he gone missing

ballbreaker can u confirm newtowns new signing :ball: :ball:

shelbourne1904
27/05/2005, 8:33 AM
I would have thought Avenue.
Dont forget all the trophies Newmarket had one before Avenue were even formed.Newmarket were totally dominant in Clare in the late 70s and 80s before Avenue arrived and won their way up from the bottom division ,division by year.

OpenGoal
27/05/2005, 9:16 AM
Has any club, outside the following ever won the premier?

newtown
newmarket
avenue
bunratty
st.pats
bridge utd.

old boy
27/05/2005, 9:42 AM
:D
Dont forget all the trophies Newmarket had one before Avenue were even formed.Newmarket were totally dominant in Clare in the late 70s and 80s before Avenue arrived and won their way up from the bottom division ,division by year.

what about st michaels of ennis ... were they also major rivals to newmarket in early /late 8os .. :D

shelbourne1904
27/05/2005, 10:04 AM
They were,but Newmarket even did well in the FAI and Munster although Avenues FAI final apperance is the best a Clare junior side has ever done.
Michaels had the great Noel Ryan with them,who also played for Cork Celtic (whose Captain was the Chelsea legend Bobby Tambling),and hurled for Clare.He sadly died recently.
The only thing was they had the worst pitch imaginable across the road from Doora in a farm yard which should never have been allowed ,even in Clare.

shelbourne1904
27/05/2005, 10:07 AM

newtown
newmarket
avenue
bunratty
st.pats
bridge utd.
Do you include the old First Division in this???

OpenGoal
27/05/2005, 10:19 AM
Sorry, didnt realise there was an old first divison. Lets say "Top Flight"........

Nibzer
27/05/2005, 10:23 AM
1986-1987 Newtown on the league and the shield but we dont count these minor tropheys

1988-1989 Newtown won the double...League and cup (last haughey cup)

Weve no record of the smaller mickey mouse tropheys in between..

old boy
27/05/2005, 10:28 AM
They were,but Newmarket even did well in the FAI and Munster although Avenues FAI final apperance is the best a Clare junior side has ever done.
Michaels had the great Noel Ryan with them,who also played for Cork Celtic (whose Captain was the Chelsea legend Bobby Tambling),and hurled for Clare.He sadly died recently.
The only thing was they had the worst pitch imaginable across the road from Doora in a farm yard which should never have been allowed ,even in Clare.
crap pitch alright i played on it ,,, but they were some team !!!

i would imagine there is also still some crap pitches in clare league today ... anybody played on any recently

:D :D :D

shelbourne1904
27/05/2005, 10:35 AM

newtown
newmarket
avenue
bunratty
st.pats
bridge utd.
I think Hermitage St Michaels and Lifford Shannon Town??

OpenGoal
27/05/2005, 10:39 AM
crap pitch alright i played on it ,,, but they were some team !!!

i would imagine there is also still some crap pitches in clare league today ... anybody played on any recently

:D :D :D

Corofin, Kirush....both awful. Bridge Celtic, grassy but hilly.

old boy
27/05/2005, 10:48 AM

it is a shame when u see effort some clubs make to provide good playing surface / changing rooms .. hut

and still a few can get away with terrible pitches

Clifford
27/05/2005, 10:53 AM
there are five comps in clare every year and fai and munster.
avenue formed 1983/84 season won second then first. so since 1985 been in the top flight. in 20 seasons they have won the league 9 times (pratically one every two years) 86/87/91/92/93/95/96/2000/2005. cup again one every two years. 85/86/87/91/94/96/2000/ runners up 89/90/93/98. they lost in fai final 1990 2-0 cherry orchard and lost in semi 1997 to portmarnock. they also contest 3 if not four munster semi finals. i think avenue were the only team to win all five comp in 87/88 season.
(guessing 4 years but will have the rest later) there hasn't been one season that they haven't won one of these competitions. (although shared one cup)

newmarket must have an equally impressive haul if not better. thats why the rivalry between newmarket and avenue is there. in fairness bunratty have had a good 5/6 years lately.
with every new crop comes new rivalry though a major problem over the last few years was getting commitment from them. had cracking youths team 5 years ago but only 2 playing. avenue have cracking unerage up to 14's so won't have youths team for another 3 years. unfortunatly i think the current team will not be good enough to retain league. (but thats not to say we won't give it a try)
ps if you think the other comps are mickey mouse why enter a team?????????
there are plenty of great players out there who would love to have won just one of those so called mickey mouse comps

papa-j
27/05/2005, 11:05 AM
1986-1987 Newtown on the league and the shield but we dont count these minor tropheys

1988-1989 Newtown won the double...League and cup (last haughey cup)

Weve no record of the smaller mickey mouse tropheys in between..

go easy with the mickey mouse comments. You have to be at least part of a league winning team before you can even start thinking that way. Even then its not on! Try telling the other lads in your team that these tropheys are mickey mouse, you'd get a good kick in d'arse!!!!! peace.

old boy
27/05/2005, 11:17 AM
go easy with the mickey mouse comments. You have to be at least part of a league winning team before you can even start thinking that way. Even then its not on! Try telling the other lads in your team that these tropheys are mickey mouse, you'd get a good kick in d'arse!!!!! peace.
totally agree as a player i won lleague / cup / fai area / munster area finals... never thought of them as mickey mouse cups as we had to beat some bloody good teams to win them :ball: :ball:

shelbourne1904
27/05/2005, 12:35 PM
Kirush gets my vote.Crap pitch,long grass even in December, no effort at all by the club.Markings done in the dark after an ****up the previous night . .Gets all my votes and wins handsdown.
2.Despite Tullas great efforts theirs still comes next.It looses marks cause their previous effort at Tyreda Park had a stump of a tree growing up through the sideline.
3rd place goes to the St Pats pitch on the edge of the mountain with bonfire patch in the middle and giant hamsters wheel at the side of the pitch.In January it is a particularly delightful place to visit,especially the entrance where I always feel its to keep the landlord away or at least hope that visiting teams will just give up and go home.
CLARE of THE CEAD MILE SOCCER FAILTES.
PS Newmarket tried exceptionally hard this year but the group voting of the Easter Bloc Countries blew it for them.They also lost too many points because it is only temporary before they get their own place done.Anyone know when it is due to be reopened??

Clifford
27/05/2005, 1:15 PM
Kirush gets my vote.Crap pitch,long grass even in December, no effort at all by the club.Markings done in the dark after an ****up the previous night . .Gets all my votes and wins handsdown.
2.Despite Tullas great efforts theirs still comes next.It looses marks cause their previous effort at Tyreda Park had a stump of a tree growing up through the sideline.
3rd place goes to the St Pats pitch on the edge of the mountain with bonfire patch in the middle and giant hamsters wheel at the side of the pitch.In January it is a particularly delightful place to visit,especially the entrance where I always feel its to keep the landlord away or at least hope that visiting teams will just give up and go home.
CLARE of THE CEAD MILE SOCCER FAILTES.
PS Newmarket tried exceptionally hard this year but the group voting of the Easter Bloc Countries blew it for them.They also lost too many points because it is only temporary before they get their own place done.Anyone know when it is due to be reopened??

have you seen tullycrine and burrens pitch, even kilkees joke of a pitch. who passes these pitches. maybe this should be a point for all our clubs to bring up at the agm. several different clubs, then they might take notice.

old boy
27/05/2005, 1:38 PM
have you seen tullycrine and burrens pitch, even kilkees joke of a pitch. who passes these pitches. maybe this should be a point for all our clubs to bring up at the agm. several different clubs, then they might take notice.

do you also notice on a good pitch .. referee will pace out pitch checking size of pitch / penalty area also check all nets in goal

i know in the past teams with good set ups have been fined for having 1 corner flag missing of pole !!! and yet week after you are playing in grass up around your ankles . dry lime thrown down to mark pitch and goalposts held up by cement blocks and referree has no problem with it , !!! :mad: :ball:

shelbourne1904
27/05/2005, 1:44 PM
I dont believe the powers that be are interested or organised enough to put minimum requirement levels of pitches as part of the entry specification .I may be wrong to prejudge that the league been to start in mid August but I belive the start date is now 25th august.Since when is the 25th mid any month.and this was just organising an early start !!
Imagine if all grounds were to be examinined under a set of requirements under different headings with marks for each.If a minimum total points requirement was not reached then that pitch would be unacceptable to be used for any game.
Simple but there is no willingness by a lot of the clubs and subsequently the Commitee to assert itself and apply this as away of improving conditions.

Pauliwallnuts
27/05/2005, 2:31 PM
Kilkees has to be the worst I ever saw.
You wouldn't allow a goat to graze it, its so bad & theres always the off chance that you'll get a belt of a golf ball on the forehead.

The Tulla pitch is also brutal but at least they are in the process of setting up a new ground.

I agree with whoever said St Pats pitch on the side of the mountain is some hole of a place. You have to tog out in a farmyard covered in sh1te. Really pleasant experience on a cold winters Sunday morning.

The pitch Newmarket used this year was terrible as well.

The other pitch I hate playing on is the Fairgreen.

The best pitches are Bridge Utd's, Newtown, Bunratty, Kilkishen & probably Rineannas even with the slope.

Coonaghs Utd pitch which Cratloe play on is also a good pitch.
Will they be playing there next year ??

Overall in comparison to Limerick the pitches are a disgrace.

I also think that pitch in Doora considering how much it cost was a big waste of money. For a start its hardly ever used so whats the point in having it in the 1st place when some of that money might have been better placed being spread around throughout the league in the form of grants to help clubs improve facilities etc.

In my opinion that money would have been alot better invested in something like the setup Wolfe Tones have put in place which is awesome. Its not like it wouldn't pay for itself either cause the pitches at the Tones are booked out all year around.

What are your opinions ?? Agree or Disagree ??

old boy
27/05/2005, 2:32 PM
I dont believe the powers that be are interested or organised enough to put minimum requirement levels of pitches as part of the entry specification .I may be wrong to prejudge that the league been to start in mid August but I belive the start date is now 25th august.Since when is the 25th mid any month.and this was just organising an early start !!
Imagine if all grounds were to be examinined under a set of requirements under different headings with marks for each.If a minimum total points requirement was not reached then that pitch would be unacceptable to be used for any game.
Simple but there is no willingness by a lot of the clubs and subsequently the Commitee to assert itself and apply this as away of improving conditions.
should the clare league then consider fining clubs if pitches are not up to a certain standard ......... they would make a fortune next year :D :D :D

surprised clare league have not thought of tis already

papa-j
27/05/2005, 2:41 PM

too right. With respect to the few officials( i use that term lightly) who actually give a sh1t, the facilities or lack of them is a disgrace. How someone doesn't get a serious injury playing on some of the alleged pitches is a minor miracle. If the start date of 25th of aug is definite then thats typical of the Clare league. We were promised an early start ie 1st week in August, sure now we'll play one match & then have a week off for the all ireland final, then our fine autum weather will kick in....same old story 3-4 league games played by xmas. Someone needs a kick in d'arse!!!

old boy
27/05/2005, 2:52 PM
too right. With respect to the few officials( i use that term lightly) who actually give a sh1t, the facilities or lack of them is a disgrace. How someone doesn't get a serious injury playing on some of the alleged pitches is a minor miracle. If the start date of 25th of aug is definite then thats typical of the Clare league. We were promised an early start ie 1st week in August, sure now we'll play one match & then have a week off for the all ireland final, then our fine autum weather will kick in....same old story 3-4 league games played by xmas. Someone needs a kick in d'arse!!!

no use kicking them in d'arse ,,, they having doing the same thing for last ten years and they have not got it right yet :ball: :ball:

number?
27/05/2005, 3:06 PM
there will be 2 class players re signing for avenue next year! told by themselves and also chance will be gettin few others back too! should be good season!

Kicks
27/05/2005, 3:08 PM
I heard a while ago that this year the season will start straight away with league matches and the shield wont be played untill mid season. Anyone know if there's any truth to this?

Pauliwallnuts
27/05/2005, 3:25 PM
That is what the League were saying at the last delegates meeting.

It remains to be seen whether this will be the case or not.

old boy
27/05/2005, 4:14 PM
there will be 2 class players re signing for avenue next year! told by themselves and also chance will be gettin few others back too! should be good season!

how about naming these class players to see if anybody else has any other updates on these players :eek:

BallBreaker
27/05/2005, 4:31 PM

Clifford did you not know these clubs have special dispensations because they are affilated to the GAA??? i agree if the standard is to improve the pitches need to improve.......

old boy
27/05/2005, 5:06 PM
Clifford did you not know these clubs have special dispensations because they are affilated to the GAA??? i agree if the standard is to improve the pitches need to improve.......

can u explain what these special dispensations are !!!!!!! :ball:

BallBreaker
27/05/2005, 5:35 PM

First of all it's been mentioned that Jimmy Rocks is Ballbreaker,this is the only time i will mention ballbreaker again,IT IS NOT Jimmy ROCKS,Jimmy wouldn't even know how to use a keypad.

A couple of other things,any trophy that is played for is not mickey mouse,Newtown won 3 of the 5 trophies,while i would say we missed the 2 biggest ones we are delighted to have won 3.

On the Davy Wall story,all i can say is Newtown under Jimmy are looking at a few new signings and a few of these at the moment ply their trade in Limerick.

BallBreaker
27/05/2005, 5:38 PM
can u explain what these special dispensations are !!!!!!! :ball:

Come on Old Boy,i thought everyone knew that a Gaa soccer club are allowed not to line their pitches,call off games when they have a GAA friendly and so on,come on,come out of the fog......

bunrattyrat
27/05/2005, 5:55 PM
to be honest i have played is some class fields and some fields that soccer shouldnt be allowed to be played on..this year id have to say newmarket field is very bad but i no there get a new pitch so thats good..and de other 1 id have to say is tulla there was not a bit of grass on it when they beat us in the cup thats why i think they beat us but fair play to them!!