PDA

View Full Version : Tipp South & District League 2012/13

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

Redman028
17/06/2012, 3:00 PM
With the New season not very far away we may as well get a new thread under way. Any major news yet concerning Transfers , Managers etc .... Best of luck to all teams in all divisions in the coming season.

footballfanatic
17/06/2012, 4:58 PM
Tommy gaynor over borris, super appointment.

balls
22/06/2012, 7:04 PM
Tommy gaynor over borris, super appointment.

Borris should be strong so this season in division 1. Any other news about the place?

Tipp Top
24/06/2012, 7:11 PM
When are teams back training?

kneebandage
24/06/2012, 7:46 PM
A little off topic but could someone tell me if clonmel town or clonmel celtic have an u15 team this coming season?if they do i would appreciate if someone could pm me some contact details.Thanks very much

balls
25/06/2012, 12:09 PM
When are teams back training?

Another couple of weeks id say Tipp Top, around the 10th-17th July is ideal time to get back preseason gives teams a good 5-6 weeks pre season training before season starts. Anyone heard any rumours about players moving to clonmel town and celtic, have heard a few interesting ones in recent days

the wombat
26/06/2012, 12:31 AM
Another couple of weeks id say Tipp Top, around the 10th-17th July is ideal time to get back preseason gives teams a good 5-6 weeks pre season training before season starts. Anyone heard any rumours about players moving to clonmel town and celtic, have heard a few interesting ones in recent days

well what are the rumours? think it will be a saints and celtic 2 horse race for the league. tommy gaynor signing a few around thurles i heard. might take town another year or two before the youngsters are ready

balls
26/06/2012, 12:08 PM
well what are the rumours? think it will be a saints and celtic 2 horse race for the league. tommy gaynor signing a few around thurles i heard. might take town another year or two before the youngsters are ready

Tommy gaynor managing borris is it really neccessary for them to be signing a load of lads from thurles to play TSDL division 1 football. Who are the thurles lads that are meant to be signing? Have peake villa signed any players yet, be interesting to see if they will build on last season

republican
26/06/2012, 3:49 PM
Tommy gaynor managing borris is it really neccessary for them to be signing a load of lads from thurles to play TSDL division 1 football. Who are the thurles lads that are meant to be signing? Have peake villa signed any players yet, be interesting to see if they will build on last season
just curious would gaynor have taken the borris job if they were in the premier?? seem to remember a similar situation few years back wasnt he involved there again when they signed aaron moroney and again were competing in div 1. im open to correction however.

balls
27/06/2012, 1:14 PM
just curious would gaynor have taken the borris job if they were in the premier?? seem to remember a similar situation few years back wasnt he involved there again when they signed aaron moroney and again were competing in div 1. im open to correction however.

Dont think aaron played for them that season but they did sign some quality players and strolled to a division 1 double probably do something similar this season if they get there shop in order early. Have some good underage players coming through the ranks aswell in saint kevins, so future looks bright for borris.

Speaking of aaron is he going to give the premier a shot this year with the bridge. He got plenty of goals for them in title run in last season.

Clonmel Town back for pre season tonight under richie kennedy so hopefully a better season than last lays ahead for town

Tipp Top
27/06/2012, 10:32 PM
Town and Celtic back tonight,any new signings? Town are training under former Crystal Palace player Richie Kennedy,surely a boost in terms of preparation and signings,when are Saint Michaels back?

balls
28/06/2012, 11:14 AM

suppose its silly season at the moment, but have heard that 2 ex town players who played with celtic last season are signing back for clonmel town

balls
04/07/2012, 11:40 AM
All gone quiet on here lads. Any words on any new teams in the league. Fairly sure Tipperary Town FC have a second team this year, so they should be decent addition to division 4. Any transfer news ? Heard that saints may have a few players travelling out from limerick for the coming season, anyone heard any names

hotspur
04/07/2012, 12:15 PM
All gone quiet on here lads. Any words on any new teams in the league. Fairly sure Tipperary Town FC have a second team this year, so they should be decent addition to division 4. Any transfer news ? Heard that saints may have a few players travelling out from limerick for the coming season, anyone heard any names

Christy Doyle and pat mcgarry is the rumours.

stelling
04/07/2012, 1:02 PM
Are Town and Saints back training? Any new faces with either?

balls
04/07/2012, 1:04 PM
Christy Doyle and pat mcgarry is the rumours.

. Mcgarry will hardly travel out to tipp though will he. Fairview could be losing 2 of there best players so. 2 big signings for saints if true

hotspur
04/07/2012, 1:49 PM
. Mcgarry will hardly travel out to tipp though will he. Fairview could be losing 2 of there best players so. 2 big signings for saints if true
Why wouldn't he,they are the rumours anyway,I'd say he'll get some persuasion too of James Walsh at their trials next saturday

stelling
04/07/2012, 2:18 PM
Why wouldn't he,they are the rumours anyway,I'd say he'll get some persuasion too of James Walsh at their trials next saturday

Where would Mcgarry play,why would Saints break up the most successful partnership they have ever had, Walsh and Breen?

hotspur
04/07/2012, 2:55 PM
Where would Mcgarry play,why would Saints break up the most successful partnership they have ever had, Walsh and Breen?

He can play left full,sure he played for the Irish team there.

stelling
04/07/2012, 3:02 PM
He can play left full,sure he played for the Irish team there.

So Tobin or Higgins will be left out? No chance

jug2004
04/07/2012, 8:11 PM
Mcgarry could play middle of the field too and that's where he would slot in I reckon. Big ask as I'd say Janesboro will be offering more than michaels I reckon. Word is they have mega money. Anyone else joinin michaels did ye hear. Any word on fitzgeralds to Clonmel town. Any comings or goings at Celtic or Cashel etc. all is quiet in Thurles too it seems.

balls
05/07/2012, 1:11 PM
Mcgarry could play middle of the field too and that's where he would slot in I reckon. Big ask as I'd say Janesboro will be offering more than michaels I reckon. Word is they have mega money. Anyone else joinin michaels did ye hear. Any word on fitzgeralds to Clonmel town. Any comings or goings at Celtic or Cashel etc. all is quiet in Thurles too it seems.

Saints will be without 3 or 4 of last years squad so no doubt they will need to get lads in to replace them. Havent heard anything myself about cashel or peake but with the squad celtic are putting together, expectations will be high of them delivering some silverwear next april/may

complexman
10/07/2012, 7:02 AM
Clonmel Celtic have signed ex Town goalkeeper Richie Ryan and Mikie Coady. they will be very strong again if not stronger. I havent heard of anyone leaving the club. I hear Town have Paul Shanahan and Dino McSherry signed, good solid players. That said, I think they will need a few more high profile signings.

stelling
10/07/2012, 11:46 AM
Clonmel Celtic have signed ex Town goalkeeper Richie Ryan and Mikie Coady. they will be very strong again if not stronger. I havent heard of anyone leaving the club. I hear Town have Paul Shanahan and Dino McSherry signed, good solid players. That said, I think they will need a few more high profile signings.

Paul Shanahan will be a great signing, are the rumours true Town are doing the bones of 3 hour running sessions? Will definitely need another couple of players

republican
10/07/2012, 1:17 PM
coady is a shoe in to start and prob left full which will mean young power will prob lose out if kevin waters is going to play left midfield. have to say i always thought power was 1 of celtics best players going forward it would be harsh on him unless waters is going to move infield but someone is going to lose out. will be interesting.

balls
10/07/2012, 1:24 PM
mark power is top class left full , if i were manager i would definatly have both him and michael coady in my team, accommodating both by as republican said shifting in kevin waters. Coady is top class player and its good for the tsdl to have richie ryan and him back playing their football in south tipp. As for 3 hour running sessions at town i doubt that very much no ameteur lads would sustain that kind of training. Any other transfer news? Peake villa made any signings

complexman
10/07/2012, 2:00 PM
I imagine Coady will play left side of midfield with Waters tucked in. Going to be hard to keep all these lads happy but they will be hoping to go on long cup runs, they will need the squad

balls
10/07/2012, 2:41 PM
I imagine Coady will play left side of midfield with Waters tucked in. Going to be hard to keep all these lads happy but they will be hoping to go on long cup runs, they will need the squad

What are towns hopes for the coming season complexman? Are they hoping just to bring some of last seasons outstanding youths through to the first team and rebuild or are they hoping to be competing with celtic and saints on all fronts??

republican
10/07/2012, 3:13 PM
What are towns hopes for the coming season complexman? Are they hoping just to bring some of last seasons outstanding youths through to the first team and rebuild or are they hoping to be competing with celtic and saints on all fronts??
i wouldnt be holding out on youths staying around just because they were a good youth team saints had a quality youth team 2 years ago reached an fai semi final and alot of the team broke up the following year because of tipp u21 football, eircom u19 lge, another lad went to america on scholarship and i know for a fact alot of clonmels team will be forced to play u21 for tipp next year which will clash with sundays.

complexman
11/07/2012, 7:31 AM
I dont really know to be honest. I not friendly with too many in Town. I dont know the manager, so i am only going on what I hear. However the hope is that some of the youths will stay around. But as republican said, many of them will be torn between GAA and soccer. Ian Fahey is supposed to be gone to Celtic. I think that is very poor form out of that lad.

qwertyabu
11/07/2012, 12:10 PM
seanie cummins and mikie morrissey to take over from john dwyer this season in tipperary town fc,,best of luck lads a hard act to follow but ye can.

jpmoose
11/07/2012, 3:00 PM
Rumour around clonmel is that marky power and craig condon are goin to oz for a year. That will be a major blow for celtic. craig is on of the tsdl's best centre half and mark power is an excellent attacking left full. Town are believed to be paying 150 euro a session . crazy money . Paul shanahan was a town player before a celtic player so not a huge shock i suppose. intresting league this year.

cufc champions
11/07/2012, 4:23 PM
Town are believed to be paying 150 euro a session . crazy money

Richie Kennedy is 90 euro per session, he trains the Carrick Rugby team and St Mollerans GAA at this rate also. Money well spent by the way.

stelling
11/07/2012, 4:46 PM
Richie Kennedy is 90 euro per session, he trains the Carrick Rugby team and St Mollerans GAA at this rate also. Money well spent by the way.

Is he as good as they say he is, heard from a few Town players that the sessions are brilliant, never trained as hard? Also is it true Michael Coady is back with Carrick?

cufc champions
11/07/2012, 5:10 PM
Richie is excellent he murders players with his circuits but the results are there for him Carrick Rfc won their league for the first time this year, St Mollerans GAA are unbeaten this season after being almost relegated the last two seasons. I don't know about Mikey there was alot of rumours around about him and Alan going here there and everywhere, wouldn't surpprise me to see them in green and white hoops this season.

jpmoose
11/07/2012, 7:09 PM
thats a fair enough price. just heard awile ago adam mcsherry has signed for town. any news on the wilderness they have a few good players seanie o hara is a fine striker ??

Tipp Top
12/07/2012, 12:08 AM
thats a fair enough price. just heard awile ago adam mcsherry has signed for town. any news on the wilderness they have a few good players seanie o hara is a fine striker ??

If thats true about Mcsherry it's the signing of the summer,he is a top top player,was like a one man show for Carrick United in the Mun Jnr cup final against Saints, is he not gone to Cork City though?

PaConnors23
12/07/2012, 8:00 PM
2 young Town lads gone to Cork City U-19s I believe?

Chops
12/07/2012, 11:33 PM
If thats true about Mcsherry it's the signing of the summer,he is a top top player,was like a one man show for Carrick United in the Mun Jnr cup final against Saints, is he not gone to Cork City though?Thats grand if Adam does sign but how long before he kicks up like he did with Waterford i seen Town training good sessions by your man but dont agree with the money been spent on it. They had up to 20 training but tbh it was mostly under 16s and youths hardly any of the senior players.Jamie got the u/16s up training to keep Richie involved he wouldnt train them if the numbers were low.

complexman
13/07/2012, 8:03 AM
Thats grand if Adam does sign but how long before he kicks up like he did with Waterford i seen Town training good sessions by your man but dont agree with the money been spent on it. They had up to 20 training but tbh it was mostly under 16s and youths hardly any of the senior players.Jamie got the u/16s up training to keep Richie involved he wouldnt train them if the numbers were low.

Thats not a good sign. Who are the two young lads gone to Cork City. I also think paying this fitness man could be a complete waste of money. If the junior players arent training, then whats the point.

jpmoose
13/07/2012, 12:54 PM
heard last night that coady and fizzy are gone back to carrick united . brian barry at the helm there. also an intresting one as regards ciaran kenrick last years clonmel celtic goalkeeper has signed for the wilderness. mcsherry an be very moody and tends to get injured(be it fake or not) alot. town and celtic could meet in the semi final of the delaney cup if both ne there respective games.good start to the year

fourfourtwo
14/07/2012, 5:19 AM
michael (foxy) grace taking over cahir park ,best of luck to him tough job there. richie kennedy training town, big deal ,they dont have the players so they can be fit all they want ,think celtic will win the league!!!

jpmoose
15/07/2012, 12:03 PM
michael (foxy) grace taking over cahir park ,best of luck to him tough job there. richie kennedy training town, big deal ,they dont have the players so they can be fit all they want ,think celtic will win the league!!!

i wouldnt write town off that easy. cahir will always find it tought to attract players but all the best. old bridge are finding it hard to keep players so ive been told. a few going to play with town b team. looks like theyl be in the dog house again. any more transfer news ??

balls
17/07/2012, 4:14 PM
i wouldnt write town off that easy. cahir will always find it tought to attract players but all the best. old bridge are finding it hard to keep players so ive been told. a few going to play with town b team. looks like theyl be in the dog house again. any more transfer news ??

Dissapointing for bridge if they lose players. Town B if organised have a chance to win trophies in division 2 and some may fancy that more than weekly beatings in the premier league. I also wouldnt write off town that easy, barry ryan and adam mcsherry should get them more goals this year. Any word on saint michaels, any new players actually signed yet or is it still all speculation at the moment

jpmoose
18/07/2012, 11:32 AM
Paddy ' wack ' o,donnel played a game for cahir last thursday. 50 quid a week if he signs . worth at least 20 goals a year. would be a great signing. that came from the horses mouth

West Hammer
18/07/2012, 5:14 PM
Why would a Club that as their own chairman said "were delighted to be back in the 1st Div" being paying lads €50 a week to play. Sounds like more money than sense to me!!

Bin Ladin
20/07/2012, 4:45 PM
Alan coady Mikie coady trained tues and last nite with carrick also gerry walsh has signed back
anthony fitzpatrick also signed for carrick was part of waterford u19s last year carrick have a good squad
there this year lookin good so far but very early

jpmoose
20/07/2012, 6:56 PM
old bridge had a meeting wed night to see if they have the numbers to field a team this year. yet to hear the outcome. anyone shed some light on this ???

cufc champions
21/07/2012, 9:36 AM
I don't know about Mikey there was alot of rumours around about him and Alan going here there and everywhere, wouldn't surpprise me to see them in green and white hoops this season.

Alan coady Mikie coady trained tues and last nite with carrick also gerry walsh has signed back
anthony fitzpatrick also signed for carrick was part of waterford u19s last year carrick have a good squad
there this year lookin good so far but very early

I wont I told ye so but I did ;)

Gerry and Fitzpatrick are very good signings, probably still need a 15 goal a season man to compete for major honours,

I heard JJ Butler has gone to Piltown, great talent but rarely lasted more than a few months in any season playing soccer.

balls
23/07/2012, 2:13 PM
old bridge had a meeting wed night to see if they have the numbers to field a team this year. yet to hear the outcome. anyone shed some light on this ???

looks like bridge will struggle so this season. I think bansha have got in a few players, so really between them and wildies in a battle to avoid going down with bridge, if the bridge are in such dire straights. peake and cashel should be strong enough to avoid any worries about relegation but shouldnt trouble saints or celtic with a title challlenge either.

Division 1 looking very competitive this year. borris, cahir, cullen and killenaule all strong teams coming into first division this year.

Division 2 Tipp town fc again should get promoted this season , cant see any team stopping them. Town B should be decent aswell this year in Division 2 but reserve sides sometimes struggle for consistency