PDA

View Full Version : Limerick Junior Soccer 2004/05

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

inexile
03/12/2004, 11:21 AM
ha ha a freudian slip i think backodanet!! although i have confidence that fairview are the better side anything can happen on the day otherwise teams wouldnt bother showing up half the time, at the end of the day its 11 v 11 and if you are well organised and disciplined you have a chance, look at greece in the summer

flipper
03/12/2004, 2:26 PM
ya the olympics were good werent they.

van der wheil
06/12/2004, 6:45 AM
Pike beat Fairview yesterday and from what i hear the boro threw it away against Park.First time Fairview are out of the Fai this side of christmas in about 10 years.

flipper
06/12/2004, 9:32 AM
was at the fairview and pike game myself,they say never change a winning team-why derek white done that i dont know.
pike won it fair and square but fairview had no luck and i feel they could still be there and it wouldnt go in for them,im afraid to say i dont think they FAI will be stayin on shannonside this year

van der wheil
06/12/2004, 9:58 AM
I dont know about that flipper - all the so called big sides seem to be falling by the wayside.Blessington beat St Kevins on penalties also i heard yesterday.Pike will always he hard to beat.

flipper
06/12/2004, 10:05 AM
no way will pike win it,im convinced of that.although the way i saw them react after yesterdays performance u swear they won it already.i would nearly perfer to be goin to kevins next week.at least u know what u are goin up to,with blessington it could be middle of nowhere

van der wheil
06/12/2004, 10:19 AM
They may not win it flipper but it will take a very good performance to beat them.They are very solid at the back but they are not great going forward.

I feel the Boro could have went a long way had they won yesterday but by all accounts they threw it away.

flipper
06/12/2004, 10:28 AM
ya being 3-1 up and losing.not acceptable at all.finnan must have being raging.few boro lads will have to take responsibility and stand up when it counts instead of blaming everyone else

whitestripe
06/12/2004, 10:46 AM
When a team looses a game when they are 3-1 up there must be something wrong. The Boro are a better team than Park if you take it player for player but its a team game and its a cup, anything can happen, best of luck to Park and Pike they deserve to be in the next round.

flipper
06/12/2004, 10:48 AM
so any insight on what is wrong then???

van der wheil
06/12/2004, 10:54 AM
I think it was an og and a penalty they conceded in the last 20 minutes - can any boro men confirm that for us??

flipper
06/12/2004, 10:56 AM
thats even worse again.what was boro team yesterday,was there any changes from usual faces.i suppose they thought it was over and out of town.

whitestripe
06/12/2004, 11:01 AM
Not sure to be honest. Maybe the Boro lack the belief and killer instinct that is needed to win such competitions. Maybe its fitness or preparation or maybe its just a simple case of not being good enough. The Boro promise to deliver every year but every year they fail on this promise. Under Dave Connell they promised and delivered but that took 2 seasons. They won the lawson the first year, and ****ed the league and reached the semi final of the FAI the second. Connell left under dubious circumstances and they went back and have continued to go back. Finnan had added some stability this year but it was late in coming and the Boro dropped far to many points at the start of the season to challenge for the league and now after Sunday do not look like a team with any confidence. People say they have the players but I am not sure thats the case, if they had the players they would not find themselves knocked out of the FAI by a poor Park side.

flipper
06/12/2004, 11:04 AM
speaking of players.I have seen the boro playing only twice this season and on both occasions it has become obvious to me that there is 1 player in particular that is not good for the young players at the club.All this player does is give out and discourage the young fellas.This cant be good for there team as a whole.

van der wheil
06/12/2004, 11:07 AM
Whitestripe

Not knocking the boro the year they won the laegue but in my opinion they were drastically helped by the fact that 8 of the fairview team left due to Gerry Flynn taking over as manager.The following year when Finnan came back Fairview won the Fai again.Not taking away anything from the boro though - they still had to win there games.

backodanet
06/12/2004, 12:17 PM
Flipper Which Player R U Talking About I Can Think Of About 4 That Fit The Description Up There

flipper
06/12/2004, 12:28 PM
well there u go then.not naming any names, wouldnt be right or fair to do that on this message board

van der wheil
06/12/2004, 12:51 PM
Backodanet

Scanning through the boros team i fail to see how you can say that you can think of 4 that fit that description??

joeSoap
07/12/2004, 11:50 AM
reckon fairview will win handy on sunday,cant see anyone touching them,the big players stand up and be counted when they have to not like other teams big players.there discipline is second to none and one of the big reasons they have won so much,any other team in town go a goal down, they die, fairview go till the end, and if pike go a goal down sunday fairview will score two or three and pike will have one or two sent off.
Well, at least you got some of that right flipper... :D

joeSoap
07/12/2004, 11:56 AM
Pike wont bounce back cause they have no spirit.
You see Pike are a team of Nomads with their team made up of players from Tipperary, Clare & every other club in town, Pike are not a club like Balla, View & the Boro.

I will have any amount of money on the View to win.

Hope you kept your mouth shut, and your money in your pocket... :D :D

joeSoap
07/12/2004, 11:57 AM
Pikes answer to not scoring enough was suppossed to be this guy O'Neill from Clare but he doesn't seem to do it in the games.

:D :D :D :D He did it on Sunday though...

clownboy
07/12/2004, 12:51 PM
Very Poor game Sunday I thought ...too much to lose and maybe the teams were afraid to make a mistake..best of luck to Pike against Blessington..I think they will do well , they will certainly hard to beat

Black stripe
07/12/2004, 3:14 PM
speaking of players.I have seen the boro playing only twice this season and on both occasions it has become obvious to me that there is 1 player in particular that is not good for the young players at the club.All this player does is give out and discourage the young fellas.This cant be good for there team as a whole.

Very few young players in the Boro side, same old winos as far as I can see haaha!!! & under achiving winos at that the Boro are unprofessional & are happy with 2nd best they always have been!!! They deserve a bollicking instead of the back slapping that they go on with !!! A weak team !!!

I heard yesterday that Finnan changed the team against Park from the team that beat Pike hahaa!!
A master stroke from a master technician hahaa!!!

Why change a team after beating Pike in the MFA ??? Cannot understand that!!!

Speaking of Pike I have returned today after a big helping of humble pie !!!

Hats off to all the Hoops in Limerick, well done great result & a great bounce back!!! I stand corrected!!! Do the decent thing now & win the FAI otherwise people will forget that ye beat the View, everyone bar the Pike staff anyhow!!!

Well done again, ye did Fran proud God rest him!!! He was a legend!!!

Black stripe
07/12/2004, 3:28 PM
Hey inexile

I heard Tommy Barrett missed a sitter on Sunday which could have got the View level any commments hahahahahahaaa!!!!

goal scorer that's a laugh !!!

Has he ever played senior with Limerick FC or anyone else for that matter ???

I think not & never will !!! Ham & egg !!! he should start eating it

barryk
07/12/2004, 3:58 PM
Hey inexile

I heard Tommy Barrett missed a sitter on Sunday which could have got the View level any commments hahahahahahaaa!!!!

I think not & never will !!! Ham & egg !!! he should start eating it#

I thought you were gone. Once again you show your ignorance, A shot from outside the box that brought an absolute brilliant save should not be considered a missed sitter.
Never played LOI? Alan Barry did............enough said

Black stripe
07/12/2004, 4:01 PM
What's Alan Barry got to do with the Tommy Barrett ???

Ass wipe

clownboy
08/12/2004, 6:51 AM
Hey inexile

I think not & never will !!! Ham & egg !!! he should start eating it

Whats playing Senior got to do with scoring Goals or Ham and Egg for that matter...Great save out of Fitzpatrick from a 20 yard shot from Barrett.. ..Over 30 goals last year from various positions and 13 or 14 this year playing mainly midfield.So who do you consider a goalscorer?

van der wheil
08/12/2004, 7:20 AM
Well said clownboy - Tommy Barrett is a very good player and id say its only a matter of time before he gets capped.

Black stripe
08/12/2004, 10:20 AM
haahhhaaaa!!!

I was waiting for a reply from inexile not ye butt kissers !!!

clownboy
08/12/2004, 10:24 AM
Why dont you P.M so if you dont want anybody else replying

Black stripe
08/12/2004, 11:45 AM
Why don't we meet up in person Clown Boy so I can beat you to within an inch of your life ???

clownboy
08/12/2004, 12:07 PM
Please stop You are scaring me now..

Black stripe
08/12/2004, 12:37 PM
Boo Hoo

van der wheil
08/12/2004, 1:22 PM
Whats with all the crap talk lads??

Black stripe
08/12/2004, 1:45 PM
It's about junior football muppett

van der wheil
08/12/2004, 2:45 PM
Very aggressive aren't we?

Black stripe
08/12/2004, 2:48 PM
Doubt if you know the meaning of the word.........u pussy

Black stripe
08/12/2004, 2:53 PM
Whats playing Senior got to do with scoring Goals or Ham and Egg for that matter...Great save out of Fitzpatrick from a 20 yard shot from Barrett.. ..Over 30 goals last year from various positions and 13 or 14 this year playing mainly midfield.So who do you consider a goalscorer?

HMM!!! NO ONE FROM FAIRVIEW ANYHOW !!!!

HAHAHAA!!!
EASY SCORE GOALS WITH THE VIEW WHEN YOU GET ABOUT 10 CHANCES A GAME AGAINST MOST CLUBS.

WOULD LOVE TO SEE SOME OF THEIR STARS PLAY WITH A LESSER CLUB & SEE HOW MANY GOALS THEY GET.

THE ONE PLAYER OF TRUE QULAITY THEY HAVE IS KELLEHER THOUGH, HE'S FAR TOO GOOD FOR JUNIOR FOOTBALL

Black stripe
08/12/2004, 2:54 PM

MY REFERENCE TO HAM & EGG IS MY SUGGESTION THAT TOMMY BARRETT SHOULD START EATING THEM, HE'S LOOKING A BIT WAFER THIN

HAHAHAHAA!!!

WOULD OUT ON THE WINDY DAYS CLOWN BOY

van der wheil
08/12/2004, 3:01 PM
THE ONE PLAYER OF TRUE QULAITY THEY HAVE IS KELLEHER THOUGH, HE'S FAR TOO GOOD FOR JUNIOR FOOTBALL

Ya Buckley,Purcell and Gagga are rubbish aint they??

Black stripe
08/12/2004, 3:03 PM
Aaaaah!!! I Was Referring To Goal Scorers Retardo !!!

van der wheil
08/12/2004, 3:13 PM
Well in my opinion Tommy Barret is the best goal scorer in the league.We will just have to agree to disagree on that 1.

Black stripe
08/12/2004, 3:15 PM
It's a good job this site & your opinion count for nothing then isn't it !!!!

joeSoap
08/12/2004, 3:16 PM
Word of friendly advice lads...keep the thread about football, give over the squabbling and threatening to 'do' each other, and stuff like that, or else ye'll get banned and blocked off the site.Junior socer posts can be quite good, but lets lighten up a little.... :ball:

van der wheil
08/12/2004, 3:19 PM
There is only one person resorting to that kind of talk.

Black stripe
08/12/2004, 3:22 PM
hahahahaha!!!

Van der what ever go & have a good cry if you wish !!!

Cry on the shoulders of your Fairview Heroes hahahaha!!!

This site is crap!! full of pox bottles playing junior football who are grasping the chance to pat themselves on the back.

How sad !!! Well I supposse it's the highlight of their sad lives so I as I am now bored of winding ye up I'm off to find a real footie site

flipper
13/12/2004, 3:24 PM
sad lives????, you are the only one talking rubbish from what i can say.
well said joe soap, its for junior football not this kind of talk.

Supersub
17/12/2004, 2:56 PM
Guys , if you are getting back to talking football and strikers in particular I would say that Alan O'Keefe is one of the best in the league.

He is being played out of pos at the moment but causes untold damage with his movement when playing up front !! Would walk on to any team in town

clownboy
18/12/2004, 6:14 AM
Ya O'keefe is an excellent player But iw ould have to say in my opinion he is better in midfield..I saw him against waterford in the Oscar Traynor this year playing there and he was the best player on the pitch..His work rate is excellent ...He doesent score enough goals when playing up front

Supersub
18/12/2004, 10:08 AM
Given what the 'Boro currently have I would play him up front every time. JOC is a good target man but always plays ball back, so not much danger behind the back four so you can play up the park.

If AOK plays up front he is always forcing defences back and with his movement makes a lot of space for midfielders. Would defo start him up front as opposed to midfield , think this would make major difference to 'Boro results !!