PDA

View Full Version : Limerick Junior Soccer 2004/05

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

summervilleman
06/05/2005, 5:31 AM
Thats very harsh POACHER...all the best to the man...will he be palyer coach or what....where is dermot finnan going then????

Revolver
06/05/2005, 6:08 AM
The Boro AGM is on tonight going by the local paper the other night.This should shed some light in to the rumours about who will be taking over or not.

How many managers will that be in the last few years?

It is players the Boro need.

Revolver
06/05/2005, 6:15 AM
Reading your previous threads "poacher" it seems that you are in the know when it comes to the boro club.
Have you something against Jason O'Connor as your last thread was very critical towards him?

Maybe you have some info on who will be manager next year "poacher"?

lim abroad
06/05/2005, 8:02 AM
can't see o'connor being given the managers job at the boro,he's too much of a loose cannon imo.....

mcJ90
06/05/2005, 6:29 PM
can't see o'connor being given the managers job at the boro,he's too much of a loose cannon imo..... Just the man for the job no fool acting with him in charge will put people back in their box quite fast. Boro need a hard man at the helm. Best of luck to him i think we will see good things from the boro next term.

abbeyvale
06/05/2005, 8:21 PM
Lads
Below is updated fixtures after Carew Pk beat Regional 5-2 last night in the 1/4 finals of the Touhy Cup.

Sunday May 08th (ALL 10.30 KO)
(Lawson cup)
View v Cals
Charleville v Holycross

(Touhy cup 1/2 finals)
Balla v Pike
Boro v Carew Pk

(Prem league)
Park Rgs v Hill Celtic

Tuesday 10th May (BOTH 7.15 KO)
(Prem League)
Balla v Regional
Carew Pk v Abbey

Big Toe
08/05/2005, 8:34 PM
poacher :p

Big Toe
08/05/2005, 8:45 PM
poacher u seem to be in the know about the Janesboro set up.Tell us as the rumours have it O' Connor only signed this season, coz the boro were in trouble and couldn't sign a player until he signed,so will boro have even a team next year if ye shaft him,best of luck in 1B if ye continue down the road yer goin. :p

backodanet
09/05/2005, 9:25 AM
Touhy cup semi finals

balla 1 pike 2
boro 0 carew 2

league

park 4 hill celtic 1

park are now safe
its now 1 out of mungret, abbey and hill celtic

mungret 19 pts 4 games left
abbey 16 pts 3 games left
hill celtic 16 pts 1 game left

mungret need a point to be sure or hill celtic not to win they're last match

Happy Zapper
09/05/2005, 10:20 AM
poacher, how do you know o connor has the job and why are they getting rid of finnan? you seem to be the one that is in the know or are you just another one of the behind the wall boro fans that have nothing better to do than knock their players. Why is oconnor going for a managers job anyway? surely he has a few years left in him?

Nemesis
09/05/2005, 11:05 AM
oconnor has a few years left and if he wants to win anything he should consider leaving the boro, don't know why you say he should have left - who would have score the goals for the boro this season if he did leave. i just think you have a chip on your shoulder buddy.

Happy Zapper
09/05/2005, 1:51 PM
poacher u seem to be in the know about the Janesboro set up.Tell us as the rumours have it O' Connor only signed this season, coz the boro were in trouble and couldn't sign a player until he signed,so will boro have even a team next year if ye shaft him,best of luck in 1B if ye continue down the road yer goin. :p

thats very true big toe. they can barely field a team this year and unless finnan can pull something from the bag next season i would not bet against the boro fighting a relegation battle.

Gentle Ben
09/05/2005, 2:20 PM
it will be hard to hold onto the likes of Jason O Connor , barry conway and O Keffe after the year they had and if they go i think they will struggle as they have done this year. its all talk and rumour and nobody knows until the start of the season. maybe finnan will sign players and janesboro will win the fai.

flipper
09/05/2005, 3:29 PM
im my opinion finnan wont be there to build a team this year,has had enough of the boro antics.hes gettin out

flipper
09/05/2005, 3:38 PM
and regards o connor gettin boro job, i hope ye are jokin lads cos the boro arent surely that bad yet to give him the job.

Gentle Ben
09/05/2005, 3:39 PM
another one bites the dust -

Gentle Ben
09/05/2005, 3:44 PM
I would say thats just poacher talking horse

Revolver
10/05/2005, 1:34 AM
It is like groundhog day within that boro club.The same old story over and over again,year after year.

No matter who takes over the Boro they will surely have their hands full.
A clearout is needed with fresh new talent a must.
Surely they can attract top players to the club especially with the facilities
on offer.

If Pike can do it then why can't the Boro do it.They seem to attract big name
players but for some reason the Boro can't.
Can anyone explain this???
Is it money???

Revolver
10/05/2005, 1:41 AM
and regards o connor gettin boro job, i hope ye are jokin lads cos the boro arent surely that bad yet to give him the job.

Apparrantly O'Connor has been with club all his life beside his time with
Limerick and Carew for a couple of seasons.
Surely his heart is in the right place???

Happy Zapper
10/05/2005, 8:50 AM
laughing away here, your probably right, they do get players but they all leave and the ones that try to change things by all accounts get labelled trouble makers and leave. Watched them against abbey and carew lately and they are not far off a pub team, they can barely field a team of late.

Happy Zapper
10/05/2005, 8:56 AM
Apparrantly O'Connor has been with club all his life beside his time with
Limerick and Carew for a couple of seasons.
Surely his heart is in the right place???
i would like to see him get the job if finnan goes. his first task is to sign some quality players and get rid of half of the current squad. thats a tall order for his first managerial job and no doubt there are many like poacher that would rather see him fail than see their team succeed.

poacher - who would you like to see get the job if finnan goes? :confused:

swinfordfc
10/05/2005, 10:23 AM
lads,
have pike rovers won the league yet?
swinfordfc

clownboy
10/05/2005, 11:22 AM
No Pike havent won it yet..The only other team that can win it are Ballynanty and the need to win there remaining games to win it ..I think they have 3 left but im not sure.It could all come down to the last game of the season between ball and pike...a draw would do Pike

widow
10/05/2005, 3:50 PM
can anyone tell me the premier teams that are still in the lawson, I know carew, fairview and pike are, who else?

CousinSylDolan
10/05/2005, 4:16 PM
can anyone tell me the premier teams that are still in the lawson, I know carew, fairview and pike are, who else?

Park are still in it I believe.

summervilleman
10/05/2005, 5:09 PM
summerville are also left in it...we are playing charleville in the next round...

Does anyone know who the top scoreres are in the league this year...anyone have definate numbers???? I am sure oneill and earls are in the top 2 .....????? :cool:

marketsfield
10/05/2005, 6:35 PM
Yer gas men the two of ye.

Anyone else noticed the talk of Boro is back just a the same time as a load of new people on this forum. Strange that a lot of these new people want to see Finnan gone to be replaced by Jason O Connor ..... have the strips returned under a different name.

Out your selves god dammit

Revolver
10/05/2005, 10:38 PM
Are u Mike Ryan in disguise,Marketsfield????

I'm new to the forum but unfortunately have nothing to do with the Boro.
Junior football follower yes,why the interest in the boro you may say???

I actually thought it was quite a funny topic reading back on all the threads
and when "Poacher" decided to bring back some ould gossip then why not be allowed comment on it.Not everyone is involved with the Boro you know.

It would be great to see the Boro back where they belong challenging for
major honours but that could be a long way off.They are a long way off
Pike,Balla,Fairview and Carew at the minute.Some shrew signings might change that and maybe some stability within the set up could see back up their again.

Is "Poacher" around to give an opinion???

By the way "Marketsfield",you seem hell bent on causing a stir with your thread also(Jason and Robbie being mentioned).Obviously you are referring
to Jason O'Connor and Robbie Dalton.You obviously had dealings with both so explain,please???

abbeyvale
10/05/2005, 10:45 PM
Lads
Updated table after one of two results tonight.
Included is Carew 2-0 Abbey
Anyone get the Balla v Regional result???

Pike..........Pl 20.....pts 48......(max pts 54)
View.........Pl 21.....pts 44......(max pts 47)
Balla.........Pl 18.....pts 41.......(max pts 53)
Carew Pk...Pl 18.....pts 33.......(max pts 45)
Boro.........Pl 19.....pts 31.......(max pts 40)
Charlvlle....Pl 20.....pts 24.......(max pts 30)
Park.........Pl 18.....pts 24.......(max pts 36)
Regional....Pl 19.....pts 23.......(max pts 32)
Mungret....Pl 18.....pts 19.......(max pts 31)
Abbey.......Pl 20.....pts 16.......(max pts 22)
Hill Cel......Pl 21......pts 16.......(max pts 19)
Sville........Pl 20......pts 5.........(max pts 11)

Sunday's Prem fixtures
Regional v Hill Celtic
Park v Abbey

Revolver
10/05/2005, 10:46 PM
Balla won 4-1

Revolver
10/05/2005, 11:17 PM
Looks like the league is going down to the wire between Balla and Pike.This will come as a bit of a shock to Pike i would say as Balla seemed too far behind at one stage.

It would be good to see the Balla lads victorious in their quest to retain the title over the hoops especially with their local set up out there.

Ray O'Halloran is leaving this year so it will be interesting to see who will take over.James Houlihan,Robbie McCarthy and John Cusack have been mentioned as a three man team for next year according to the rumour mill.

backodanet
11/05/2005, 7:54 AM
Lads
Sunday's Prem fixtures
Regional v Hill Celtic
Park v Abbey

think balla are playing mungret on sunday too

magic_man
11/05/2005, 8:27 AM
summerville are also left in it...we are playing charleville in the next round...

Does anyone know who the top scoreres are in the league this year...anyone have definate numbers???? I am sure oneill and earls are in the top 2 .....????? :cool:

winners of pike and murroe will play fairview or st patricks in 1/4 final

Happy Zapper
11/05/2005, 8:39 AM
there are a lot of new signings on the site marketsfield and you are one also. It was magic man that posted jason o connor was given the job in janesboro and poacher who started some slagging. members should not post things if they don't want people's opinions. big toe - gentle ben - revolver and nemesis all have opinions.

summervilleman
11/05/2005, 1:08 PM
1st time i heard ray o halloran is leaving this year...where is he off to and is there any hot tops to who will be taking over????

Nemesis
11/05/2005, 2:51 PM
1st time i heard ray o halloran is leaving this year...where is he off to and is there any hot tops to who will be taking over????
jason o connor if he does not join pike

marketsfield
11/05/2005, 7:05 PM
Did anyone see the fixtures on the leader what a joke who ever it is must be
a balla man ,balla and pike for the last match i wont say hes going by the fixtures list,i ask myself how can one man have so much power or is every one
in the LDMC footsoilders and for the record jason o conner would be the man for the boro job he was a great player and has boro at heart.

Revolver
11/05/2005, 10:33 PM
The fixtures are always done like that no matter who is involved.In fairness it adds to excitement of the league.Anyway what difference does it make,all teams have to win their games and if it comes down to the last game then the best team will come through.

Jason O'Connor is still playing by the way("was a great player").Good luck to whoever gets the job they will need it.

Revolver
11/05/2005, 10:38 PM

Apparrantly work committments are the problem so he has decided to step down,then again he could be going to the Boro like every other guy.

The rumour mill has started,Jamesie Houlihan,Robbie McCarthy and John Cusack in a three man team for Balla next year.

Revolver
11/05/2005, 10:42 PM
there are a lot of new signings on the site marketsfield and you are one also. It was magic man that posted jason o connor was given the job in janesboro and poacher who started some slagging. members should not post things if they don't want people's opinions. big toe - gentle ben - revolver and nemesis all have opinions.

Well said "Happy Zapper".

backodanet
12/05/2005, 7:37 AM
after all the votes from the following:
clownboy,abbeyvale,Revolver,summervilleman,Backoda net,astalavista,Magic Man
here is the team

G Gordon Stewart CP
D Mike Carey CP
D Brian Buckley FV
D Pat Koyce CP
D Colm Enright PK
M Dave O'Grady PK
M Albert Slattery CP
M Cyril Maher CP
A Martin O'Neill PK
A Robbie Earls BA
A Dave Wall FV

Subs
G Kevin Fitzpatrick PK
D Gareth Ryan BA
A Ter Bussoli CP
A Jason O'Connor JB
D David Dunphy BA

marketsfield
12/05/2005, 10:15 AM
Revolver it is obivious u havent a clue what ur on about balla ar now playing teams that have nothing to play for and getting walk overs . jason was a good player but not half as good as jimmy sheehan ,gagga,robbie kel,alan o kef,paddy koyce il just leave it at that. ;)

marketsfield
12/05/2005, 10:25 AM
Backodonet on that team who is playing left side of midfield u have 4 right footed players on ur team of the season :confused:

Happy Zapper
12/05/2005, 10:57 AM
Revolver it is obivious u havent a clue what ur on about balla ar now playing teams that have nothing to play for and getting walk overs . jason was a good player but not half as good as jimmy sheehan ,gagga,robbie kel,alan o kef,paddy koyce il just leave it at that. ;)

how can u compare gagga and alan o kef with jason o connor - please explain that one. o connor has a bag of goals this year and thats playing with a bad team i am sure he would **** the top goal scoring chart if he was with a good team. lets wait until next year when he leaves the boro and plays with someone decent.

Happy Zapper
12/05/2005, 10:58 AM
Backodonet on that team who is playing left side of midfield u have 4 right footed players on ur team of the season :confused:
good point

Gentle Ben
12/05/2005, 11:14 AM

monkey spunk

shelbourne1904
12/05/2005, 11:41 AM
The year he played in the League of Ireland he was absolutely brillant.He and Jason Purcell were the best players in the First Division but his discipline was awfull,having said that he was being kicked all over the place but he was great and tough as nails.No wonder Peterborough wanted him.

widow
12/05/2005, 12:10 PM
The fixtures are always done like that no matter who is involved.In fairness it adds to excitement of the league.Anyway what difference does it make,all teams have to win their games and if it comes down to the last game then the best team will come through.

Jason O'Connor is still playing by the way("was a great player").Good luck to whoever gets the job they will need it.

won't be very exciting for pike if they loose the league, after playing all season against those teams when they had something to play for, but its true that its being going on for years, fairview won many a league that way, something will have to be done what I don't know, can't see balla beating pike anyway, lost to them handily three times this year.... we need some new faces for next year and not just off the field, same players have being playing year in year out with us, hard to attract players tho when we own nothing, hopefully the three man team next year will work out and we can start improving again

Gentle Ben
12/05/2005, 1:13 PM
i think playing in bateman had a lot to do with it, not many would relish playing there most weeks. Balla have very good players and very good support - you need to get a ground of your own and a club house. Easier said than done but i think balla have accomplished alot with the resources they have. Pike could bottle it?

backodanet
12/05/2005, 2:27 PM

I JUST WENT ON VOTES FOR GOALKEEPER, DEFENDERS, MIDFIELDERS AND ATTACKERS

IF YOU'RE THAT WORRIED LETS HAVE YOUR (BALANCED) TEAM OF THE SEASON

WOULD YOU TELL SGE THAT JOE COLE CAN'T PLAY ON THE LEFT OR JM THAT DUFF OR ROBBEN CAN'T PLAY ON THE RIGHT