PDA

View Full Version : Limerick Junior Soccer 2004/05

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

True View
21/03/2005, 8:48 PM
I would prefer to travel to Charleville and play on their pitch than risk getting lost in one of Portlands bunkers or getting knocked down by a joy rider. Must be a joy to play on every week.
Have to agree there Portland will be no loss to the premier league, now that Bateman park is gone, Portland is surely the worst pitch in the the league

summervilleman
21/03/2005, 9:26 PM
Well Lads i would have to agree with ye there ...It is a pretty bad pitch to be honest..Not easy playing on it....Nice to know where all the bumps are though...he he...There are plans to have another one in a few years at the back of portland but i don't know how far that is away./...Must say i prefered playing away this season as well.....Lit was fair bad on sunday morning though i must say.....But we will be back..Maybe not next yearr but we will be back..Mark my words... :)

balls
21/03/2005, 9:36 PM
sumerville player u will be seeing alot more of the countryside now ur in 1a . enjoy travelling to places like herbertstown etc.charlevilles pitch is a lovely pitch to play on and its only 25 mins from limerick.thats not that far away

Happy Zapper
22/03/2005, 11:49 AM
A win is a win Zappper it was a very poor game. From the reports I got we should have been 4 up in the first twenty minutes & then the game died.
The Boro seem to be struggling to field a team these days a lot of unknowns playing with them. Considering the youth in our side I would say it was a satisfactory performance.

True I suppose - I was under the impression Janesboro were rebuilding?

Gentle Ben
22/03/2005, 1:40 PM
It will be hard for them to start to rebuild a team for next year, I cannot see why any decent player would be attracted to them ahead of clubs like the View and Pike Rovers. Unless they start to offer incentives. Players like Thomas Clarke and others from Wembley would be the obvious choice but I am sure they would not last long playing along some quality players like Browne and Fitzgerald.

True View
22/03/2005, 8:59 PM
It will be hard for them to start to rebuild a team for next year, I cannot see why any decent player would be attracted to them ahead of clubs like the View and Pike Rovers. Unless they start to offer incentives. Players like Thomas Clarke and others from Wembley would be the obvious choice but I am sure they would not last long playing along some quality players like Browne and Fitzgerald.
I expect Thomas Clarke to go to the Boro as he played all his schoolboy football with them, Who are Brown & Fitzgerald ?

irisheagle
22/03/2005, 10:37 PM
Regional play Clonmel in the Munster Junior Cup on on Sunday, have they got any hope of success?. If Town win three Tipperary teams and a Kerry team will remain, Carrick Utd. play in the Waterford League but are based in South Tipperary.

Gentle Ben
23/03/2005, 8:32 AM
I expect Thomas Clarke to go to the Boro as he played all his schoolboy football with them, Who are Brown & Fitzgerald ?

David Browne - played for janesboro for as long as i can remember, was ok 10 years ago but is not even related to a soccer player these days. I don't know fitzgeralds first name, he played centre half for the b team and now for their A team, big fat bloke. Do you know who I am talking about now.

Gentle Ben
23/03/2005, 8:34 AM
Regional play Clonmel in the Munster Junior Cup on on Sunday, have they got any hope of success?. If Town win three Tipperary teams and a Kerry team will remain, Carrick Utd. play in the Waterford League but are based in South Tipperary.

best of luck to regional, clonmel are good this year. did carrick win it last year?

Happy Zapper
23/03/2005, 8:45 AM
David Browne - played for janesboro for as long as i can remember, was ok 10 years ago but is not even related to a soccer player these days. I don't know fitzgeralds first name, he played centre half for the b team and now for their A team, big fat bloke. Do you know who I am talking about now.

harsh but true

Nemesis
23/03/2005, 9:15 AM
they would be better off at fat camp

Dunmurray Boys
24/03/2005, 5:26 PM
why is the boro coming under the hammer from new signings or is there a disguise game going on maybe some guys back hiding under a new name why would anyone want to slag a player off if hes giving 10 yrs service to boro

True View
24/03/2005, 8:05 PM
why is the boro coming under the hammer from new signings or is there a disguise game going on maybe some guys back hiding under a new name why would anyone want to slag a player off if hes giving 10 yrs service to boro
Spot of Paranoya there Dunmurray? :p
I will sit back & laugh at you AGAIN

True View
24/03/2005, 8:17 PM
They seek him here they seek him there..............Whitstripe Whitestripe where art thou Whitestripe.

Anyhow enough of the Boro squabbles if anyone is interested in the Carew Pk game on Sunday lets here it.
I hear Dennis Whelan is available but will miss the final should Carew make it, hope they do but it will be a tall order

Dunmurray Boys
25/03/2005, 7:34 AM
i dont think true view your in a position to laugh at anyone i had you checked out on and off the field anyway i wont get personel for now, so back to football i was only saying that i didnt think it was right for anyone to slag off any player esp if he gave 10 yrs service on the field of play, and then slagging off another player, calling him that fat bloke do you agree with this you never answered this in your last post you only wanted to answer me, the boro will look after themselves they have a good comittee they know now what they have to do .

True View
25/03/2005, 3:49 PM
true view id be keeping a close eye on that 17s team yee have in close season yee might not have it yer own way for long more and why is one of yer top minors john lyne up training with pike ?is it the fact derek is playing washed up paul o donnell in front of him ?
Our under 17s team is fine Poacher, which is more than I can say for yers, as ye don't have one, or a youth team for that matter, wow really building there aren't ye. On John Lyne, the real story there is he expected to start every game & wasn't prepared to wait his chance, he got fed up & stopped turning up. It was his decision & we wish him well. As for Paul O'Donnell being washed up I disagree & think he has a lot to offer Junior soccer ;) , if I remember right he played quite well for ye last year, would that be right?

True View
25/03/2005, 3:55 PM
i dont think true view your in a position to laugh at anyone i had you checked out on and off the field anyway i wont get personel for now, so back to football i was only saying that i didnt think it was right for anyone to slag off any player esp if he gave 10 yrs service on the field of play, and then slagging off another player, calling him that fat bloke do you agree with this you never answered this in your last post you only wanted to answer me, the boro will look after themselves they have a good comittee they know now what they have to do .
I am always in a position to laugh at you as you seem to have nothing to say about any football matters.... I can't find one post from you about anything except your vendettas. You say you have checked me out have you Mike? Wow you really must have a busy social life ..... :) as for your vendettas I have no insults to hurl at anyone, it's not what this site is about, keep up your search for someone who will join in with you as there seems to be a few takers on this site now. Happy hunting ;)

summervilleman
26/03/2005, 8:31 AM
A few topics to add here....1/Will i be welcome as a 1a player and team to express my views here next year or will i have to go elsewhere he he??

As for the paul o donnell topic..I have to agree with true view as he has a lot more to offer junior soccer limerick..Fine player and seems to be getting a bit lighter on his toes.That wasn't the case about 2 years ago though...

As for people who having giving 10 or more years to junior soccer,i think the deserve a bit of praise no matter where or who they played for.....Also there i8s no point in slagging off a bl;oke whjo is overweight,if he is playing football and enjoying it and happens top make the place of a top team then fair f**ks to him....

As for john lyne,Well i think he made a big mistake going to pike as he is going to run into the same problems there.He will be lucky if he gets a game up there at all this year...Loads of top class strickers up there..

COME ON CAREW..

Dunmurray Boys
26/03/2005, 8:59 AM
Mr Trueview Or Should I Say, No I Wont Because Your Harmless. I Only Came On This Site Because I Was Told By My Some Boro Players About Robbie Whitestripe And I Decieded To Shout Him Up ; I Never Said A Bad Word Towards Anyone Else . Didnt He Dissapear Fast, He Thought He Could Say Things About People Clubs And Then When It Came To His Turn He Ran Like A Scared Rat Like He Did On The Pitch, He Is No Good To Anyone, So If You Got Caught In This I Am Sorry. He Cost Boro More Matches Last Year And This Year, He Is A Disgrace, Ask Anyone At The Boro. To End On A Lighter Note I Never Played On A Pike Team That Lost To Fairview But Fairplay To Them For All Their F A I Wins . Dermot Finnan Is The Most Succesfull Manager In Ireland Of All Time But Robbie Whitestripe Says His Rubbish, Now Do You Know Where Im Coming From All Mouth And No Action Mr Whitestripe, Now If You Want To Enter Into Football Conversation And Foot Ball Only Thats Ok With Me, Lets Leave This Guy Who Talks A Good Game Out Of It Happy Easter

True View
28/03/2005, 8:02 PM
A few topics to add here....1/Will i be welcome as a 1a player and team to express my views here next year or will i have to go elsewhere he he??

As for the paul o donnell topic..I have to agree with true view as he has a lot more to offer junior soccer limerick..Fine player and seems to be getting a bit lighter on his toes.That wasn't the case about 2 years ago though...

As for people who having giving 10 or more years to junior soccer,i think the deserve a bit of praise no matter where or who they played for.....Also there i8s no point in slagging off a bl;oke whjo is overweight,if he is playing football and enjoying it and happens top make the place of a top team then fair f**ks to him....

As for john lyne,Well i think he made a big mistake going to pike as he is going to run into the same problems there.He will be lucky if he gets a game up there at all this year...Loads of top class strickers up there..

COME ON CAREW..
Of course you will be welcome on this site summervilleman.
Anyone with points to add that are relevant to any league in Junior Soccer are welcome here. You also seem to be a person who hasn't an agenda when posting & I for one welcome that.
If ye get yer house in order then there is no reason why Summerville can't return to the prermier within a season, just sort Portland out before ye do..... :D

True View
28/03/2005, 8:08 PM
Great win for Carew Park yesterday, I can't praise Martin Reddan & his team enough.
Fully deserved the win & who would now bet against them to lift the trophy.
It's an amazing achievment for a club & squad that size, they were the better team by along way against Westport & kept their discipline brilliantly.
I for one really hope they now go on & win the FAI.
:D

True View
28/03/2005, 8:13 PM
Both Pike & Balla dropped points at the week-end, while we eased past Abbey.

Is there anyone out there that thinks Pikes season is falling away?
If they do we will only be too glad to reclaim our title !!!

True View
28/03/2005, 8:48 PM
Mr Trueview Or Should I Say, No I Wont Because Your Harmless. I Only Came On This Site Because I Was Told By My Some Boro Players About Robbie Whitestripe And I Decieded To Shout Him Up ; I Never Said A Bad Word Towards Anyone Else . Didnt He Dissapear Fast, He Thought He Could Say Things About People Clubs And Then When It Came To His Turn He Ran Like A Scared Rat Like He Did On The Pitch, He Is No Good To Anyone, So If You Got Caught In This I Am Sorry. He Cost Boro More Matches Last Year And This Year, He Is A Disgrace, Ask Anyone At The Boro. To End On A Lighter Note I Never Played On A Pike Team That Lost To Fairview But Fairplay To Them For All Their F A I Wins . Dermot Finnan Is The Most Succesfull Manager In Ireland Of All Time But Robbie Whitestripe Says His Rubbish, Now Do You Know Where Im Coming From All Mouth And No Action Mr Whitestripe, Now If You Want To Enter Into Football Conversation And Foot Ball Only Thats Ok With Me, Lets Leave This Guy Who Talks A Good Game Out Of It Happy Easter
Thanks for the apology Mike, I will treasure it.
Not going to keep repeating myself & bulking out the site with the same old stuff, I am here to discuss Junior soccer, no one is really interested in your vendettas most of all me.
Now back to soccer.......... tough luck on Regional the week-end going out on penalties in the Munster Junior after leading 2-0 they have a good young side though & if they can escape the drop & add a few experienced players to their side could build on this year.

Dunmurray Boys
29/03/2005, 7:29 AM
pike will win the league charleville will beat fairview on thursday then the title is pikes.carew park will win the f a i i hope, and regional will stay up

van der wheil
29/03/2005, 8:11 AM
Whats this rubbish talk about John Lynne going to Pike - i can assure you that is the 1 club he will not sign for.

Mark_no9
29/03/2005, 8:52 AM
I think your right on Pike winning the league Dunmurry, but I still think that there's still a twist left in the saga yet. I can't see fairview being beaten by anyone that they have left to play,they aren't conceading goals..But wether Pike can avoid a defeat is the key.Maybe a playoff isn't out of the question.
Carew will win the FAI, I have no doubth, Waterford Crystal are a poor outfit.. ;)

riverside
29/03/2005, 12:38 PM
Both Pike & Balla dropped points at the week-end, while we eased past Abbey.

Is there anyone out there that thinks Pikes season is falling away?
If they do we will only be too glad to reclaim our title !!!
They were very nervy against Park yesterday. They dominated until the last 15 mins and then looked tired. Couldnt get the goal they needed, but its hard to see them throwing it away at this stage

True View
29/03/2005, 8:51 PM
We will not be beaten between now & the end of the season but it's in Pikes hands to win or lose the league.
Considering they had the FAI won a month or tow ago I wouldn't rule anything out.

True View
29/03/2005, 8:52 PM
Whats this rubbish talk about John Lynne going to Pike - i can assure you that is the 1 club he will not sign for.
There's a lot of rubbish being posted on this site lately.

Mark_no9
29/03/2005, 11:15 PM
There's a lot of rubbish being posted on this site lately.
Do you thnk he's gone true view,?big loss not only to lose him but to the arch enemy must be hard..... :mad:

summervilleman
30/03/2005, 1:02 AM
Will have to agree with true view there lads...It is in pike's own hands at the moment....Fairview are still strong and not conceding goals but still not scoring as many as they used to..Any sign of new strickers for next year.....Oh yes i agree with u there as well true view that OUR pitch needs a good seeing to.....We'll get the clubhouse up and hopefully fence in the field b 4 we get anything done to it!!! :cool:

van der wheil
30/03/2005, 11:38 AM
John Lynne will not be signing with Pike although he has already been asked to.He is thinking of signing with 1 of the smaller clubs because he wants regular football but if Dermot Finnan stays with the boro for next season then you will see him in a boro jersey no doubt.

mcJ90
30/03/2005, 12:49 PM
pike to win 2-1 and stave off relegation

Mark_no9
30/03/2005, 1:49 PM
John Lynne will not be signing with Pike although he has already been asked to.He is thinking of signing with 1 of the smaller clubs because he wants regular football but if Dermot Finnan stays with the boro for next season then you will see him in a boro jersey no doubt.
Me thinks that Johnny boy is looking for attention...I've seen it hundreds of times down through the years , players leaving a club to see how many other clubs come looking for him...Get on with it Johnny and fight for your place,only wants regular football my ar*e , he's good enough to get on any team in town, if he stopped sulking . :mad:

abbeyvale
30/03/2005, 9:08 PM
Lads
Any of ye know what the Prem table looks like after the weekends results???

widow
30/03/2005, 9:11 PM
I was under the impression that the transfer deadline was over for this year,

interesting games tomorrow night in the league, fairview probably have their hardest match of their run in, away to charleville 6.15 kickoff, what a joke, get those feckers out of the league its ridiculous

abbeyvale
30/03/2005, 9:26 PM
here here I agree.....but they won't go down this year!!!!!!!!!
maybe next year with a bit of luck........

Mark_no9
31/03/2005, 7:21 AM
pike to win 2-1 and stave off relegation

I'm afraid not mcJ90... Fairview comfortably won 2-0...Relegation looks a cert

mcJ90
31/03/2005, 9:28 PM
Yes fairview did win very well we have had a very bad season so far nothing has gone right missing 1 or 2 against the view no excuses though they played very well. Our lads spending too much time in icon im afraid.

summervilleman
31/03/2005, 9:39 PM
Is this 1a.....who are the contenders to go up this year.. there are about 4 teams in it are there?? Herbertstown,wembly,granville???? Was there a lawson cup game on tonight.. any results.... Anyone have any info on athlunkard..Playing them sunday morning in the lawson..we should win but the way our season is going you'd never know!!!

widow
31/03/2005, 11:43 PM
balla 3-1 carew, carew were still drunk after their expoilts over the last few days, fine win for pike tonight, 2-0 at home to the boro, 9 points clear, the view have two games in hand but points in the bag and all that, pressure on fairview now, them not having played tonight, which they were right not to, away to charleville 6.15 kick off, just shows the fixture maker hasn't got a clue? who does that anyway? anyone know?

Mark_no9
01/04/2005, 7:19 AM
balla 3-1 carew, carew were still drunk after their expoilts over the last few days, fine win for pike tonight, 2-0 at home to the boro, 9 points clear, the view have two games in hand but points in the bag and all that, pressure on fairview now, them not having played tonight, which they were right not to, away to charleville 6.15 kick off, just shows the fixture maker hasn't got a clue? who does that anyway? anyone know?
Paddy Cusack does all the fixtures . Looks like an uphill battle for Fairview , but as I wrote on another thread next Thursday will tell a lot. Pike V Carew & Fairview V Park...

l.f.c......
01/04/2005, 9:11 AM
ya lads but carew rested cyril maher denis wheelan paul quinn mike carey. and pat koyce came off injured after 10mins so carew were missing 3 out of there normal back four. and three out of there normal midfield four. and missing ger ned up against a full strenght balla side looking for revenge

clownboy
01/04/2005, 9:47 AM
Hardly a full strenght Balla side with Damian Leo, Spud and keith fitz on the bench..Martin Meehan playing centre half and Mike o'Donnell left full..I think the long week in the wheel might not have helped plus i think Balla probably have a better squad and a good B team to call upon..

widow
01/04/2005, 10:48 AM
pike have both carew and balla left at home in the league, both sides won't play those weakened sides against them, they'll be full strenght. can't see pike losing to carew next week, as soon as a few tackles start going in the carew lads will start watchin themselves, which they would be right to do in all fairness, game doesn't mean anything to them. Lawson cup on sunday, balla v pike, boro v park, only real games of note, fancy pike and boro to go through there

mcJ90
01/04/2005, 4:57 PM
Their keeper is excellent and they have one or two solid players at the back not much up front. Ye should beat them well.

abbeyvale
01/04/2005, 5:32 PM
" ye should beat them well" this is a summerville team without a win all season in the league!!!!!!!! have summerville won a game at all this season??? even in the cups???

abbeyvale
01/04/2005, 5:34 PM
lads, anyone know what the points situation is at the mo in the prem???
more interested in the bottom of the league.....
can't believe hill celtic were awarded 3 points against abbey for the abbandoned game 3 weeks ago.....

Ask me tom
02/04/2005, 10:07 AM
lads, anyone know what the points situation is at the mo in the prem???
more interested in the bottom of the league.....
can't believe hill celtic were awarded 3 points against abbey for the abbandoned game 3 weeks ago.....

what was the story with that was the match abandoned does that put abbey in trouble now for relegation

abbeyvale
04/04/2005, 8:25 AM
match was abbadoned with 13mins to go.
abbey were down to 9 players with the referee receiving some abuse from the abbey touchline, so he decided that he had enough, he picked up the ball and walked away.
the points at the bottom (as far as I know) is summerville to play 5 and are on 2pts, hill celtic to play 5 and are on 13pts, abbey to play 4 and are on 15pts. this is with the 3pts awarded to hill celtic, which i know abbey have appealed.