PDA

View Full Version : Clare League Season 2008/09

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28

Prem Rep!
11/05/2009, 10:21 AM
Congrats to Bunratty. Played better football on the day but credit to Avenue who play a different stlye of game but do it very effectively and probably came the closest to scoring during the 110 minutes. Penalties provided great entertainment for the neutrals.
Well done to all involved. Hope Newmarket made a few quid in gate receipts, both pitches looked immaculate.

papa-j
11/05/2009, 10:37 AM
Well done to Donal, Steff and the Bunratty squad on a great achievement from all at Olympic. Also a lot of credit to Avenue for hauling back the Rats and comming so close to what would have been an amazing turnaround.They must be gutted but they did themselves and their club proud .:ball:

CousinSylDolan
11/05/2009, 12:32 PM
Blues and Tones @ 5 in Clarecastle and Cup final is 6.45 in Doora. Any word on the Rovers lads Hacker Planners? Will they miss the soccer?

Best of luck in the game whatever happens. Plenty of support from ye in Newmarket yesterday. Keep it in the Parish;)

Planners
11/05/2009, 1:55 PM
Blues and Tones @ 5 in Clarecastle and Cup final is 6.45 in Doora. Any word on the Rovers lads Hacker Planners? Will they miss the soccer?

Best of luck in the game whatever happens. Plenty of support from ye in Newmarket yesterday. Keep it in the Parish;)

When were the times confirmed for the hurling ?

CousinSylDolan
11/05/2009, 2:14 PM
When were the times confirmed for the hurling ?

To be confirmed tomorrow I think. I heard its Sat at 5 but not sure how true it is.

Planners
11/05/2009, 2:23 PM
To be confirmed tomorrow I think. I heard its Sat at 5 but not sure how true it is.

Loads of different times going around - we'll just have to wait and see tomorrow hopefully 16:00 for the hurling might give the lads a chance to get over -

mastermind1
11/05/2009, 2:29 PM
[quote=mastermind1;1157871]Congrats to bunratty, i thought they deserved for trying to play ball, avenue were very poor and only had 1 or 2 half chances! As for bunratty being regarded as the best team throughout the season i don t agree, they won alot of games 1-0 and i think the fact GOAL DIFFERENCE didnt come in to play was a mistake, anyway its those 1-0 wins that go along way towards winning the league! Congrats to bunratty again and i m looking forward to next season where hopefully we ll end our drought of no league or cups in many years:)

how can you make a comment like that.they won 3 games 1 nil.everyone knew goal difference wouldn't come into it so thats a lame excuse..by far the best team in the league this year.and on behalf of the rovers congratulations well deserved..:ball:
Don t get me wrong i think they deserved it for being the most consistent team all year, but i don t think they are the best team! It wasvery exciting for the neutrals, Avenue having 2 penaltys to win it but the pressure got to them! best of luck to lifford B on saturday, lets keep the cup in the town for another year

CousinSylDolan
11/05/2009, 2:52 PM
Top Scorers 08'09
Michael Mahony Avenue Utd 14
Johnnie Daly Moher Celtic 11

Top Scorers 07'08
Michael Mahony Avenue Utd 11
Johnny Daly Moher Celtic 10

Interesting that the top scorer was fought between the same 2 lads this season. The 6 goals Mickey got last week though were the difference this season.

Keyser Soze
11/05/2009, 5:41 PM
http://i43.tinypic.com/2cnupf8.jpg
(http://foot.ie/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=1158255)

out red
11/05/2009, 6:12 PM
[quote=hacker;1158020]
Don t get me wrong i think they deserved it for being the most consistent team all year, but i don t think they are the best team! It wasvery exciting for the neutrals, Avenue having 2 penaltys to win it but the pressure got to them! best of luck to lifford B on satrurday, lets keep the cup in the town for another year

mastermind who in your opinion was the best team so?
congrats to all involved in bunratty well deserved league title. The leagues best team always wins out the league and in my opinion that team was the rats.

mastermind1
11/05/2009, 8:26 PM
[quote=mastermind1;1158359]

mastermind who in your opinion was the best team so?
congrats to all involved in bunratty well deserved league title. The leagues best team always wins out the league and in my opinion that team was the rats.
Well maybe im wrong and when i think about it bunratty probably were the best team but lifford in my eyes should have won it, lost games when they outplayed teams but their finishing let em down and alot of goals conceded from set plays

mastermind1
11/05/2009, 8:30 PM
Top Scorers 08'09

Top Scorers 07'08

Interesting that the top scorer was fought between the same 2 lads this season. The 6 goals Mickey got last week though were the difference this season.
David McCarthy was top scorer going into the last week and finished on the same goals as johhny daly and was only passed out on the final day and thats from midfield aswell

talisman
11/05/2009, 9:18 PM
http://i43.tinypic.com/2cnupf8.jpg
(http://foot.ie/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=1158255)

good work in photoshop there keyser soze!!! congrats to the rats on a brilliant title win, deserved as well. good session in nellys yday too to roll back the years..... well done donal and all

CousinSylDolan
12/05/2009, 8:05 AM
Great build up to Saturdays final in the Clare People today. Plenty of comment about the 2 codes colliding. Shame really an agreement could not be reached and allow the lads play both games.

Well done Stevie Carroll of Bunratty for his Man of Match award in Sundays playoff. Keeping Mickey Mahony quiet was a tall order.
Also fair play to the Avenue lads who came down to Bunratty yesterday evening to meet up with the celebrations.;)

out red
12/05/2009, 9:55 AM
[quote=out red;1158489]
Well maybe im wrong and when i think about it bunratty probably were the best team but lifford in my eyes should have won it, lost games when they outplayed teams but their finishing let em down and alot of goals conceded from set plays

mastermind your away with the birds. every team could say the above. simple fact is when pressure is on lifford they bottle it avenue, newmarket, lifford b and bridge this year for instance. ya ye beat bunratty but remember ye had no pressure going into that game. just werent good enough simple as that. AS for Avenue arriving down last night wouldnt have expected anything else they did the same last year in newmarket top class sportsmen. mastermind your club could learn alot from them.

b777b
12/05/2009, 11:47 AM
[quote=hacker;1158691]thanks for the support. Not sure if hurlers will play. Will hardly make It in time[/quo
How long does it take to get from clarecastle to quin rd ?
if the hurlers are'nt startin they defo be involved
best of luck sat hacker, and to all those involved wit rineanna,
hopefully we put on a good contest, and who ever wins we'll
celebrate together and have a great nite
I hear were promised rain for sat hopefully the forecast is wrong normally is !:ball::ball::ball:

Planners
12/05/2009, 11:55 AM
Friday
15 May Cloudy
High: 18° Low: 9°
18 km / hr E 48% 35%
Saturday
16 May Showers
High: 11° Low: 9°
22 km / hr E 76% 90%
Sunday
17 May Afternoon Rain
High: 14° Low: 9°
28 km / hr E 52% 65%

Not looking good - for Sat - Julian better be on his game !!!:D

Carotheplayer
12/05/2009, 8:40 PM
anyone with an interest in Saturday's game should pick up the Clare People.

For once there are good articles on the history of both clubs and build up to Saturday. Four full pages :eek: (Easy now it is not a broad sheet like the Champion):p

Then again it's only 4 pages amongst the 900 pages dedicated to Bog-Ball and Stick Fighting (Gaa):D

Seriously not a bad piece on the upcoming cup final

mastermind1
12/05/2009, 8:54 PM
[quote=mastermind1;1158560]

mastermind your away with the birds. every team could say the above. simple fact is when pressure is on lifford they bottle it avenue, newmarket, lifford b and bridge this year for instance. ya ye beat bunratty but remember ye had no pressure going into that game. just werent good enough simple as that. AS for Avenue arriving down last night wouldnt have expected anything else they did the same last year in newmarket top class sportsmen. mastermind your club could learn alot from them.
Ya alot of teams could say they could have won it and alot probably still think so, just thought youd like to know lifford won as many as the champions and weren t involved in a draw in the league all season, they just need to learn how to grind out results when their noy at it! As for avenue going down the past 2 years to the champions i credit them for that! And i just want u to know that i congratulated the bunratty lads on their win and fair play to em on their league success!

old git
12/05/2009, 9:31 PM
how can you make a comment like that.they won 3 games 1 nil.everyone knew goal difference wouldn't come into it so thats a lame excuse..by far the best team in the league this year.and on behalf of the rovers congratulations well deserved..:ball:

The most consistent team, yes, but not the best.[/QUOTE]

what are you on the most consistent but not the best :mad: they won league title so surely they must be the best :ball:

old git
12/05/2009, 9:34 PM
Top Scorers 08'09

Top Scorers 07'08

and yet moher get relageted must have conceded a hell of a lot of goals :ball:

RenzoRosso
13/05/2009, 7:31 AM
The most consistent team, yes, but not the best.

what are you on the most consistent but not the best :mad: they won league title so surely they must be the best :ball:[/QUOTE]

What am I on? I'm on a drug called 'Totally rational logic', you should try it as I think you'll find that it is much better received than your '****-talk-inducer', in which you are clearly overindulging. Lifford beat Bunratty twice this season, both victories were by two clear goals and the contests were one-sided. Bunratty, it is true, beat Lifford once but, and I'm sure the Bunratty lads will agree, it was an undeserved victory as that game was evenly fought throughout and was only lost due to a ridiculous goalkeeping error. Were Blackburn the best team in '95? No, just the most consistent. Your reasoning is faulty and just silly.
Well done to Bunratty, consistency always wins leagues.

Woulfe Park
13/05/2009, 9:13 AM
What am I on? I'm on a drug called 'Totally rational logic', you should try it as I think you'll find that it is much better received than your '****-talk-inducer', in which you are clearly overindulging. Lifford beat Bunratty twice this season, both victories were by two clear goals and the contests were one-sided. Bunratty, it is true, beat Lifford once but, and I'm sure the Bunratty lads will agree, it was an undeserved victory as that game was evenly fought throughout and was only lost due to a ridiculous goalkeeping error. Were Blackburn the best team in '95? No, just the most consistent. Your reasoning is faulty and just silly.
Well done to Bunratty, consistency always wins leagues.[/quote]

Congratulations on your title of best team in the league. I see you got the same medals for it as you did each year since you came up to the premier.

Its true Lifford play fine football and are capable of beating anyone on their day but going by your logic Liverpool beat United twice this year so are the best team in the league regardless of whether or not they are able to win the league or not. City beat united twice last year and therefore were the best team in the league last year despite their not having a prayer of winning it for the next donkeys years.

The pettiness being shown by likes of you (and your A team manager by the way) are undermining the great work done by the Lifford club over the last number of years both in facilities and quality of football. All soccer people in Clare recognise and commend this work (which is evidenced by your B team getting to the cup final - no mean feat having that many strong players in your club).

One of the main qualities of a strong club is being able to take not winning trophies on the chin and come back stronger - not bleating to everyone that they were the best team and looking for some sort of acknowledgement. You wouldn't see the likes of Newmarket or Avenue at it. Lifford have the capabiltiy to be the top team in Clare but they aren't there yet and won't be there until they have a couple of titles to their name (not just one - you would be up there with St Pats on that scale - no disrespect intended!). If I were you I would put my head down and work at getting there - not bitch at why you are not there.

Best of luck to both teams in the cup final - on a personal note it would be great to see some of the old Rineanna stalwarts get a well deserved cup medal to crown their Clare soccer careers.

b777b
13/05/2009, 9:55 AM
ya good section but where do they come up with this stuff...we didn't play lifford B in a friendly in the fairgreen last august..how do they make somthing like that up..

they put a preview of the route's to the final but never put in our semi-final v olympic...

anyway hopefully it will be a good game..promised to rain which will make it harder but hopefully it might stay dry
i was tryin to figure out the same thing when did we play rineanna that did'nt happen and i dont remember us asking our a team for a freindly either some of our goal scores on the way to the final are wrong aswell but at least they are trying to make an effort

out red
13/05/2009, 9:58 AM
Congratulations on your title of best team in the league. I see you got the same medals for it as you did each year since you came up to the premier.

Its true Lifford play fine football and are capable of beating anyone on their day but going by your logic Liverpool beat United twice this year so are the best team in the league regardless of whether or not they are able to win the league or not. City beat united twice last year and therefore were the best team in the league last year despite their not having a prayer of winning it for the next donkeys years.

The pettiness being shown by likes of you (and your A team manager by the way) are undermining the great work done by the Lifford club over the last number of years both in facilities and quality of football. All soccer people in Clare recognise and commend this work (which is evidenced by your B team getting to the cup final - no mean feat having that many strong players in your club).

One of the main qualities of a strong club is being able to take not winning trophies on the chin and come back stronger - not bleating to everyone that they were the best team and looking for some sort of acknowledgement. You wouldn't see the likes of Newmarket or Avenue at it. Lifford have the capabiltiy to be the top team in Clare but they aren't there yet and won't be there until they have a couple of titles to their name (not just one - you would be up there with St Pats on that scale - no disrespect intended!). If I were you I would put my head down and work at getting there - not bitch at why you are not there.

Best of luck to both teams in the cup final - on a personal note it would be great to see some of the old Rineanna stalwarts get a well deserved cup medal to crown their Clare soccer careers.

someone talking sense thank god. just wondering are you on that drug called 'Totally rational logic':D

devilfish
13/05/2009, 10:31 AM
Well done to Bunratty, consistency always wins leagues.

Best of luck to both teams in the cup final - on a personal note it would be great to see some of the old Rineanna stalwarts get a well deserved cup medal to crown their Clare soccer careers.[/QUOTE]

Ah that's a reply!! Following on re: comments about the Lifford A team manager, his own players have stated he's the reason they can't make the jump from nearly-men to medal-winners. Some of his actions this year have been nothing short of disgraceful and although this guy has given a lot of service to the league through the years, I feel Lifford may be best served by finding someone with the know-how to push them on. Rumours already doing the rounds that players are looking for new clubs because of him. Furthermore, I hear there is a huge rift developing between Lifford A and B following the cup game. Over-heard a quote from an A team member, that they hope the B team are beaten this weekend. Surely this isn't very good club etiquette? Anyone care to comment?

First
13/05/2009, 10:44 AM
Anyone care to comment?[/B]

I presume you are asking the Lifford contingent on here. I don't think it is for anyone else to comment on their internal club issues. Hopefully they will sort it out without airing it here, assuming there is a problem in the first place.

I hope for one that Lifford maintain the good progress they are making as this can only be good for the Clare League.

Last thing Ennis needs is another off shoot club;)

First
13/05/2009, 10:47 AM
someone talking sense thank god. just wondering are you on that drug called 'Totally rational logic':D

Can you get it off the doctor or is it black market .

twofooted
13/05/2009, 11:38 AM
Hopefully it will be a good cup final and hacker does what he never does and picks the correct team!There is not much between both teams so i feels getting the GAA lads to play is vital.The GAA managers will be doing there best to get them aswel.

I predict lifford will win the cup.Hope Rinanna win it!

Any ideas for team of the team of the year??

devilfish
13/05/2009, 11:38 AM
ya good section but where do they come up with this stuff...we didn't play lifford B in a friendly in the fairgreen last august..how do they make somthing like that up..

they put a preview of the route's to the final but never put in our semi-final v olympic...

anyway hopefully it will be a good game..promised to rain which will make it harder but hopefully it might stay dry

Agreed, typical lack of effort from that newspaper which imo has let it's standards drop considerably recently in respect of how it reports local soccer in clare. Seems to be more concerned with trying to have a dig at various organisations rather than reporting on actual events. Maybe some of it's sportswriters are looking to move up the food chain and become a reporter with a "daily" rag instead.

devilfish
13/05/2009, 11:42 AM
Hopefully it will be a good cup final and hacker does what he never does and picks the correct team!There is not much between both teams so i feels getting the GAA lads to play is vital.The GAA managers will be doing there best to get them aswel.

I predict lifford will win the cup.Hope Rinanna win it!

Any ideas for team of the team of the year??

Another idiotic statement, maybe they will lose if he picks the correct team considering he got them this far by making the wrong decisions in your opinion.....come back on here when you have something of interest to say.

studsup
13/05/2009, 11:56 AM
i was tryin to figure out the same thing when did we play rineanna that did'nt happen and i dont remember us asking our a team for a freindly either some of our goal scores on the way to the final are wrong aswell but at least they are trying to make an effort

Typical, simple little facts and The Clare People get them wrong. Apart from those mistakes it was a decent few pages though

AWOL
13/05/2009, 2:09 PM
Devilfish, starting a conversation with I heard or rumours or someone told me etc is really of no interest to anyone. Let me assure you that everyone at Lifford is very proud to have a Lifford team contesting a Cup final and will be there to support them - including the A team. At the end of the day everyone from the players to the tea makers, from the grass cutters to the kit washers are all under the one banner and in complete support of eash other. It is sad that you have to come on here with the bad word that "you heard" so close to the match day. You must be very unhappy with your lot.

And having learned alot this season on and off the field the boys will be back to play for the prem. May not be all the same boys as this season but that is no ones business but their own and any club would be the same.

I am glad to see the Nanas up for it on saturday too but I will be be wishing Lifford all the best and looking forward to seeing the Cup painted raving red on Saturday night. Good luck lads.:ball:

AWOL
13/05/2009, 2:18 PM
And if the excitement of Saturday get you going come out again on Sunday for the Under 17 final and support the young lads.:ball:

twofooted
13/05/2009, 2:28 PM
Explain or pm the team u would start

jason casey,
pa fahy, steven k, enda k, millsy
daithi, jocks, hacker/k.devitt, farrell,
jay hanon + oige murphy

i think the team has lovely blend of poise and speed.if this team doesn bring back the clare cup il eat my hat.

devilfish
13/05/2009, 2:54 PM
Devilfish, starting a conversation with I heard or rumours or someone told me etc is really of no interest to anyone. Let me assure you that everyone at Lifford is very proud to have a Lifford team contesting a Cup final and will be there to support them - including the A team. At the end of the day everyone from the players to the tea makers, from the grass cutters to the kit washers are all under the one banner and in complete support of eash other. It is sad that you have to come on here with the bad word that "you heard" so close to the match day. You must be very unhappy with your lot.

And having learned alot this season on and off the field the boys will be back to play for the prem. May not be all the same boys as this season but that is no ones business but their own and any club would be the same.

I am glad to see the Nanas up for it on saturday too but I will be be wishing Lifford all the best and looking forward to seeing the Cup painted raving red on Saturday night. Good luck lads.:ball:

Firstly, my sincere apologies AWOL for the above comments, obviously upset you a little. I could have started off my comments by stating the name of the person who mentioned this to me but probably best for everyone at Lifford that the person remains nameless and try and move on past this. Secondly, I believe this site to be that of a forum where individuals incl. your good self can converse about issues surrounding Clare Football and movement of players between clubs is an issue which has always dominated this site at this time of the year. Maybe it might be best for you to start a campaign to stop users discussing Lifford players but it's ok to discuss every other club. That might help you, the tea maker, grasscutter etc to sleep easier;)

Best of luck in the cup final

devilfish
13/05/2009, 3:07 PM
I'll go wit that so cheers saved me a headache of me or kieran in the middle

Brilliant Hacker!! Maybe you should get this genius to look after the team while you're lording it up in the middle of the park.

AWOL
13/05/2009, 3:21 PM
Fair enough Devilfish but comments like you made ie. rumours, over heard a quote from A team member, its all very negative. I haven't kicked a ball in years but see first hand the work everyone puts in, makes me a bit defensive. maybe you should name names or maybe not but at times this site seems just a forum to give a dig in a bad way. I haven't any problem sleeping by the way, at my age there isn't much else to do!! Don't have any problems with players moving either I believe if a player is'nt 100% happy where he is then you will never get the best out of him.

Focus on the positives in my opinion and things move along better.:ball:

Well maybe the odd dig at Avenue would be ok??;)

twofooted
13/05/2009, 3:24 PM
I'll go wit that so cheers saved me a headache of me or kieran in the middle

need some1 to get around the park and play box to box chose yourself....Essien

Planners
13/05/2009, 3:47 PM
more like Frank lamps judging by the pictures in the paper :D

twofooted
13/05/2009, 4:01 PM
more like Frank lamps judging by the pictures in the paper :D

One feels Farrell has to be the frame for the cup final.HACKER:Farrell can produce the one yard out chances Devitt needs to score.You agree hacker??

Planners
13/05/2009, 4:08 PM
The only frame farrell will be in is the door frame - standing in out of the rain -

twofooted
13/05/2009, 4:19 PM
Devitt score are you mad

well said

mastermind1
13/05/2009, 5:04 PM
Ah that's a reply!! Following on re: comments about the Lifford A team manager, his own players have stated he's the reason they can't make the jump from nearly-men to medal-winners. Some of his actions this year have been nothing short of disgraceful and although this guy has given a lot of service to the league through the years, I feel Lifford may be best served by finding someone with the know-how to push them on. Rumours already doing the rounds that players are looking for new clubs because of him. Furthermore, I hear there is a huge rift developing between Lifford A and B following the cup game. Over-heard a quote from an A team member, that they hope the B team are beaten this weekend. Surely this isn't very good club etiquette? Anyone care to comment?[/quote]
I can absolutely 100% say that every person involved with lifford will cheer on de lads on saturday and hopefully get the cup the Bs have fought so hard to get! qoutes like this will only make them want to win it even more:)

old git
13/05/2009, 6:00 PM
what are you on the most consistent but not the best :mad: they won league title so surely they must be the best :ball:

Well done to Bunratty, consistency always wins leagues.[/QUOTE]

usually the best and most consistent teams win league titles
and that aint **** talk.. so going on your logic liverpool must be the best team in the preimer league this season as they beat man u twice.. :confused: i'm sure most teams in clare would say bunratty were they best team over the season .

RenzoRosso
13/05/2009, 6:25 PM

Best of luck to both teams in the cup final - on a personal note it would be great to see some of the old Rineanna stalwarts get a well deserved cup medal to crown their Clare soccer careers.[/QUOTE]

Whoah, horsey! I fear you are showing the characteristics so specific to the typical narrowminded Lifford-bashers, just in a slightly more eloquent way. I never said that a team which beats the eventual champions is the best in the league, that would make absolutely no sense so I entreat you re-read what I did, in fact, say. If that were my line of reasoning wouldn't Avenue be better than Bunratty too, as they beat them earlier in the season...? And in the Cup too, I believe...

I was merely addressing a previous comment on the forum that Bunratty were the best team in the league and disagreeing with it. Also, I was not bitching at all and sincerely regret coming across that way if I did as I am not bitter or anything of the sort regarding Lifford's lack of success this year or every other year. What you said is true, the club does have a bit to go before using their inherent capabilities to effectuate a crown of some sort but the Lifford lads, above all others, know and appreciate that.

I fail to see how I was being being petty simply by illustrating my point that Bunratty were not the best team in the league. However, I can see that you enjoy your petty digs and thus can understand why you would project one of your character faults on me.

mastermind1
13/05/2009, 8:06 PM
Is there anybody on this forum that would like to name players who theyd have in their team of the year? think we would get a bit of an idea who really had a good season for their clubs!

out red
13/05/2009, 8:26 PM
jason casey,
pa fahy, steven k, enda k, millsy
daithi, jocks, hacker/k.devitt, farrell,
jay hanon + oige murphy

i think the team has lovely blend of poise and speed.if this team doesn bring back the clare cup il eat my hat.

hacker i wouldnt go with that side too many newmarket hurlers, you should know their track record when it comes to finals:D
On a serious note best of luck on saturday bring another trophy back to the village.

out red
13/05/2009, 8:59 PM
Is there anybody on this forum that would like to name players who theyd have in their team of the year? think we would get a bit of an idea who really had a good season for their clubs!
1. skinny(nmkt)
2. pa fahy (rovers)
3. eamon o reilly(avenue)
4. derek byrne (rats)
5. steven o carroll(rats)
6. david russell(avenue)
7. michael devitt(rats)
8. seamus farell (rovers)
9. nicky o connell(bridge)
10. shane o connor(rats)
11. terry duggan(rats)

some unlucky to miss out Kelly Moher McEvoy & Byrnes bridge celtic Lynch & Boyle Lifford, Hayes & Lawlor nmkt, Nugent and Flynn avenue.

RenzoRosso
13/05/2009, 9:21 PM
1. skinny(nmkt)
2. pa fahy (rovers)
3. eamon o reilly(avenue)
4. derek byrne (rats)
5. steven o carroll(rats)
6. david russell(avenue)
7. michael devitt(rats)
8. seamus farell (rovers)
9. nicky o connell(bridge)
10. shane o connor(rats)
11. terry duggan(rats)

some unlucky to miss out Kelly Moher McEvoy & Byrnes bridge celtic Lynch & Boyle Lifford, Hayes & Lawlor nmkt, Nugent and Flynn avenue.

Steven Carroll?? David Russell?? Michael Devitt?? Is this a joke?? David McCarthy, who scored 19 goals, losing out to the likes of David Russell...? Russell is taller and has more freckles and that's about it. Gary Flynn should definitely be in there instead of Russell if you insist on an Avenue central midfielder. Hamed was outstanding for Lifford all season and if any Lifford defender were to be put in it would be he. I believe Steven Carroll was excellent against Avenue at the weekend but anytime I've seen him play his tactics seem to consist of kicking the ball really hard down the line and nothing more. Surely Mickey Mahoney should be upfront instead of one of the Bunratty players... He scored five more goals than Shane O'Connor and six more than Terry Duggan.
That is the most ridiculous selection imaginable. I am genuinely perplexed.