PDA

View Full Version : Clare League Season 2008/09

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28

b777b
06/05/2009, 9:36 PM
talking about improving the game i wonder is it time to try out summer football ?
is the clare league strong enough now to stand on its own two feet.....
the league's and cup' s would b played in better conditions wit bigger crowds attending games
very little breaks during the season because of pitches unplayable
of course u will lose good players to gaa but at least every player on ur team want to play soccer its not their second sport and everyone has the same commitment

old git
06/05/2009, 9:57 PM
talking about improving the game i wonder is it time to try out summer football ?
is the clare league strong enough now to stand on its own two feet.....
the league's and cup' s would b played in better conditions wit bigger crowds attending games
very little breaks during the season because of pitches unplayable
of course u will lose good players to gaa but at least every player on ur team want to play soccer its not their second sport and everyone has the same commitment

don't think it will happen still to many clubs relying on gaa players and a lot of clubs may fold or struggle to put out teams if summer soccer brought in... but if clubs keep asking for vote /proposal at clare league agm's sooner than later they may have to listen to their members & clubs :ball:

talisman
06/05/2009, 10:49 PM
hacker, heard u've been terrorising the bridge utd nd lifford defences in d last few days!! things must be gettin bad out in the farm!!

MikeBassett
07/05/2009, 12:10 AM
Lifford were much better last week for sure but overall the stanard of football has dropped this season,to be honest it has being poor over the past few years.
Taking the Cup this year as a exmaple the two semi-finals were the worse games of soccer ever played.I could not pick a team worthy of playing in the final from all four teams.The league itself is the most tospy-turby league ever.Apart from newmarket who had a poor season themselves every team who has won the league is either relegated or in a dog-fight to stay up.This league is competitive but poor and asking people to pay into the clare league is like watching TV with no reception terrible

Well if the Hatton V Pacquiao fight was worth €22 then the Premier League Playoff this weekend is surely worth a fiver.

In fairness twofooted, what else do you expect the Clare League head honchos to do? They only charge into a handful of matches each season anyway while the Grab All Association try to squeeze every last cent they can out of people by chargin into nearly every single U21A Championship match and every single Senior Championship match in both codes not to mention the other grades

MikeBassett
07/05/2009, 12:40 AM
I heard today that Lifford B refused to accommodate the hurlers involved in the Clare Cup Final by switching the time and rightly so if it's true. From what I gather it's looking like there is going to be a clash between the Cup Final and the hurling and I'm not surprised that the GAA bigots are trying to, what they probably think will, lessen the showpiece of Clare Soccer and 'get one over' on the soccer lads.

Did Rineanna approach Lifford B about switching the time or did this rumour come out of the woodwork?

b777b
07/05/2009, 8:11 AM
I heard today that Lifford B refused to accommodate the hurlers involved in the Clare Cup Final by switching the time and rightly so if it's true. From what I gather it's looking like there is going to be a clash between the Cup Final and the hurling and I'm not surprised that the GAA bigots are trying to, what they probably think will, lessen the showpiece of Clare Soccer and 'get one over' on the soccer lads.

Did Rineanna approach Lifford B about switching the time or did this rumour come out of the woodwork?
rineanna hav'nt approached lifford b both teams have big sqauds so theres no need to switch times or dates

CousinSylDolan
07/05/2009, 8:41 AM
both teams have big sqauds so theres no need to switch times or dates

I think b777b is playing things cute here. If Rineanna have such a big squad why is their manager playing for them the last 2 games. (and scoring I hear)

Surely if Lifford beat a weakened Rineanna team to win the cup it would take the golss off winning it????

Planners
07/05/2009, 9:08 AM
Looking at the GAA version of Foot { An Fear Rua } this discussion is going on as well - under Cannon ............. --- Rineanna although a big squad would like for the 4 players to be given the oppertunity to play in a cup final as would lifford - its not every year this happens - hopefully between the 2 teams / organisations some fair play and common sense will prevail and both sports will be the winners

Prem Rep!
07/05/2009, 10:17 AM
Before last Sunday I would have been of the opinion that all parties concerned should sort this out and accomodate those who were effected.

Following last Sundays game I changed my opinion when I heard that a few of these hurlers went on a hurling trip as opposed to playing in a vital relegation playoff game V Bridge United. Personally I feel this is showing huge disrespect to the club, team mates and management.
With all due respect to Hacker, his management team and the few loyal players he has if ye won cup without these guys then that would be worth celebrating

twofooted
07/05/2009, 10:52 AM
I hope both teams can have a full team for the final.I want to set the record straight i believe there is good players in the Clare league (McCarthy lifford,Scales bunratty,Eoin o brien newmarket last year,Shane Byrnes bridge celtic,)But overall the quality is so poor.Even taking the top scorers chat lads who are really Gaa heads who just join the soccer and they seem to fit in like a glove.They are fast fit and strong but no soccer and they blend in.The clare league is good to play in,but it is terrible to watch FACT.The Clare league is dieing a slow death.I hope it improves,honestly

The final will be poor i predict as the semi final and 1/4 final were very poor.Prove me wrong???

mastermind1
07/05/2009, 10:53 AM
Before last Sunday I would have been of the opinion that all parties concerned should sort this out and accomodate those who were effected.

Following last Sundays game I changed my opinion when I heard that a few of these hurlers went on a hurling trip as opposed to playing in a vital relegation playoff game V Bridge United. Personally I feel this is showing huge disrespect to the club, team mates and management.
With all due respect to Hacker, his management team and the few loyal players he has if ye won cup without these guys then that would be worth celebrating
I agree with prem rep, they had a massive game in the bridge last sunday and if those 4 players were there the score might well have been different and as for trying to change the cup final date i think it would be a disgrace for the clare league bowing down to the GAA, if they do change then soccer in clare is taking a step back and will never beat the hoodoo of GAA clubs coming first! As for lifford B i would totally understand if they didnt agree to changing time fixture as it might upset there players workshifts or other stuff, and ya they would like to beat a full strength rineanna but they wont mind if its an under strength team they beat once they get that silverware!

out red
07/05/2009, 10:58 AM

totally agree prem rep. really showed their true loyalities to rineanna last week. I for one was posting on here that an arrangement of some sort should have been reached but after that i feel that if they were to be accomadated it would only make a mockery of soccer in clare.

out red
07/05/2009, 11:11 AM
here are some of the quotes from the gaa website.
"josephs have one involved in the soccer as well. can see the soccer been changed"
I can't see any reason why the Clare cup soccer final can't be moved to another date , though whether they'll be willing to move it is another matter .
There's only a specified timeframe for the first two rounds of the hurling , the Rineanna/Lifford game can be played anytime that suits both teams , so hopefully the Clare soccer league will move it .

MikeBassett
07/05/2009, 11:46 AM
here are some of the quotes from the gaa website.
"josephs have one involved in the soccer as well. can see the soccer been changed"
I can't see any reason why the Clare cup soccer final can't be moved to another date , though whether they'll be willing to move it is another matter .
There's only a specified timeframe for the first two rounds of the hurling , the Rineanna/Lifford game can be played anytime that suits both teams , so hopefully the Clare soccer league will move it .

Ye're dead right lads. Anyway I can't see the Clare League budging on this, thankfully, if they did they might as well change their name to the GAA Winter Fitness Camp. How in the name of God is a hurling challenge match and little bonding trip away more important than a relegation decider in the Premier League? Hacker do you know if the hurlin heads are doin anything about changing the hurlin?

manalishi
07/05/2009, 12:24 PM
Ye're dead right lads. Anyway I can't see the Clare League budging on this, thankfully, if they did they might as well change their name to the GAA Winter Fitness Camp. How in the name of God is a hurling challenge match and little bonding trip away more important than a relegation decider in the Premier League? Hacker do you know if the hurlin heads are doin anything about changing the hurlin?

You seem very bitter Vidic, Considering your own club has a fair share og Hurlers some of your comments are a bit strange.

Wole tones have agreed to change the match but Newmarket have not.That as Raf would say is fact

chappie
07/05/2009, 12:29 PM
If the hurling is on the day after the cup final, will the lads play, or would they opt out of it to mind themselves for the GAA?

old git
07/05/2009, 12:43 PM
If the hurling is on the day after the cup final, will the lads play, or would they opt out of it to mind themselves for the GAA?

think we all know the answer to that... :D:D

MikeBassett
07/05/2009, 12:47 PM
You seem very bitter Vidic, Considering your own club has a fair share og Hurlers some of your comments are a bit strange.

Wole tones have agreed to change the match but Newmarket have not.That as Raf would say is fact

I'm not very bitter at all manalishi I just think that this time it's the gaa that should be changing fixtures if anyone. Only 2 hurlers in the A squad and 2 in the B squad in Newmarket, that's hardly a fair share but yes they are important players

old git
07/05/2009, 12:48 PM

if true players chose hurling bonding trip over vital relegation match :mad:
it is a disgrace and total disrepect to rineanna and team mates and shows do they really give a toss about club..:ball:

First
07/05/2009, 12:51 PM

I think you'll find there were 2 hurlers on the A squad . Actually none now as one has decided to concentrate on football elsewhere and the other is going away.
This was always known and the squad is big enough to handle their absence.

Alot of clubs will always have dual players but for some it has it's consequences as is the case with Rineanna . These players will always put hurling before soccer as it is there first love . The Clare League shouldn't try to accomadate a few because of clashes with the GAA fixtures. Remember the hassle with Moher last season and the seeming accomadation that was accorded them with their fixtures . It's time the Clare League and the clubs stood on their own two feet and arranged fixtures on their terms and not to accomadate a few GAA heads .

To Twofooted ,
I would agree that the standard of football isn't great at times but as one who has been around a while things overall are improving , slowly , but improving. Coming on here being critical of all isn't the approach that is required . Your opinion is your opinion and on one point I will agree with you , the Rineanna - Olympic semifinal was very poor , played on a good pitch with a slick surface noone tried to play football on the ground. Hardly unexpected when players have not being trained to do it.
Here is where I can see the improvement when you look at the coaching with the kids, they are being taught to play football on the ground and to pass the ball . Eventually these players will represent their clubs on ever improving pitches , in facilities that are second to few Junior teams in the country and this is where I see the Clare League makng it's slow progress. Then maybe you can compare it to the fantasy league you have Limerick built up to be.

Anyway best of luck to Stephen , Enda and Kieran , I hope ye do win . We really could do with the Canon Hamilton back in the village and hinterland.

manalishi
07/05/2009, 1:34 PM
Anybody that believes this is being a bit naive lads... Our friend Manalishi is tryin to stir things a bit.

Not stirring Syl,Only deal in Fact.This came from Bunratty A team Number 2.
Anyways ,Best of luck on Saturday.

chappie
07/05/2009, 1:55 PM
I
Anyway best of luck to Stephen , Enda and Kieran , I hope ye do win . We really could do with the Canon Hamilton back in the village and hinterland.

Won't happen, Newmarket will bottle it again.....One of life's certainties

First
07/05/2009, 2:15 PM
Won't happen, Newmarket will bottle it again.....One of life's certainties

Newmarket hurlers described as bottlers , never :)

b777b
07/05/2009, 3:01 PM
Well said anything for a cheap cup.didn't dingle daly get a cup final switched when they had a gaa match a few years ago. Surely lifford would want to beat a full team not 1 weakened by 4 starters.I taught olympic set a good standard for sportsmanship earlier in cup. Obviously lifford have no sportsmanship. It's a Sunday league so final should be on a Sunday
Cheap cup are u havin a laugh.....There was nothin cheap how we got there and of course we would like to play rineanna's full team but dont forget we will be down a player as well wat are we meant to do wait till both teams have everyone dat might never happen the date was set now lets get on wit it

First
07/05/2009, 3:14 PM
Hey first who do you think you are coming on here slagging me and jay Stretton saying we don't train our teams right. Who made you god.ya the semi final wasn't great to watch but both sets of players put in a huge effort that day in weather that wasn't great.very rarely are semi finals great specticles as so much at risk. So until you take up managment you should keep you trap shut.its people like you with your sly remarks and knocking managers that are ruining football in Clare. As for the Newmarket pitch for the semi ya it was in great nick and the field committee should be very proud of themselves they have a great job done with facilities. Are you involved in committee I doubt it.

Right how do I respond to that tirade of abuse. I will respond to you as I am sure that Jay can voice his own opinion and having had some level of footballing about him, his I will listen to.
If you beleive you are training your team to a level that belies what I witnessed in the semi-final then you should have a chat with God and no I am not God nor do I suffer from any delusion that I am so I'll be no help to you there. Telling me to shut my trap is neither smart or anyway an indication of an ability to voice your opinion. You admit that the semi-final wasn't great and the weather was poor but it still isn't an excuse for the lack of standard basic football skills that your team pocesses. If as you seem to indicate they have had any training on these aspects then it clearly isn't working and before you get anymore abusive it is something that is there to see in alot of clubs including Newmarket. My point is that the players have not received coaching that is being given to the kids today and this is where I see the improvements in the Clare League slowly taking place.

As for Management yes you are correct I have not managed a team , nor can I see myself doing so in the near future , but I do know that it requires an ability to get people to clearly understand what you want from them and how to go about instilling it in them, this is where the training comes in and the coaching. It is not just about collecting the gear and filling the water bottles. It also requires an ability to see what is going on in a game and to know what you can do about it with the players and the work you do to change it.

I don't think my remarks have been anyway sly and they are nothing that I wouldn't say to anyone in person , so get off your high horse and learn that critisim can also be constructive.

I hope I have made it clear what I am saying but I am sure if you read it over a few times you will eventually get it.

First
07/05/2009, 6:21 PM
Ok I won't argue wit u don't want to go to your level

Good , you might get vertigo.

twofooted
07/05/2009, 7:18 PM
Basic skills its not only rienanna but all the teams who dont have them.

Hacker has enought to be worring about like mabye fielding a team for the final and a play-off.

rainman
07/05/2009, 8:05 PM
Basic skills its not only rienanna but all the teams who dont have them.

Hacker has enought to be worring about like mabye fielding a team for the final and a play-off.
Your right it is basic skills, but even the basic skills have to be thought at a young age. Up until recently most clubs in Ireland had unqualified people, trying their best to teach kids the basics of football. Its not an easy job. I cant speak for the rest of the leagues in Ireland but I do know the clare league has taken massive strides to improving this with regurlar 'Kickstart' training days for coaches. when Fairview and more recently wembley (at underage) were winning FAI'S, do you think it was because they coached their players through from underage?No they poached the best players from other teams.

AWOL
07/05/2009, 8:23 PM
when Fairview and more recently wembley (at underage) were winning FAI'S, do you think it was because they coached their players through from underage?No they poached the best players from other teams.

Bit like our Avenue so!;)

aliG2daE
08/05/2009, 11:49 AM
Hey first who do you think you are coming on here slagging me and jay Stretton saying we don't train our teams right. Who made you god.ya the semi final wasn't great to watch but both sets of players put in a huge effort that day in weather that wasn't great.very rarely are semi finals great specticles as so much at risk. So until you take up managment you should keep you trap shut.its people like you with your sly remarks and knocking managers that are ruining football in Clare. As for the Newmarket pitch for the semi ya it was in great nick and the field committee should be very proud of themselves they have a great job done with facilities. Are you involved in committee I doubt it.

seemed to have hit a nerve there hacker........:D:D

mastermind1
08/05/2009, 12:35 PM
when Fairview and more recently wembley (at underage) were winning FAI'S, do you think it was because they coached their players through from underage?No they poached the best players from other teams.

Ya Avenue have done it for years now but they do have a good set up going so hopefully they might give their youngsrers a chance and stop hassling other players to sign for em!

rainman
08/05/2009, 3:56 PM
Any predictions for the playoff lads? Il go for 2-1 in favour of Bunratty.Best of luck to both teams. hope its a good game

Ice-man
08/05/2009, 5:55 PM
when Fairview and more recently wembley (at underage) were winning FAI'S, do you think it was because they coached their players through from underage? No they poached the best players from other teams.

When will Avenue have their own grounds ?

Ice-man
08/05/2009, 5:58 PM
Any predictions for the playoff lads? Il go for 2-1 in favour of Bunratty.Best of luck to both teams. hope its a good game

Lets hope the rain stays away, Bunratty 1-0.

mastermind1
08/05/2009, 7:37 PM
Think it ll be close wit avenue shading it by the odd goal, 2-1 for me! lets hope the weather is good and de football is good!

mastermind1
08/05/2009, 7:42 PM
think Avenue will just shade it,2-1 for me! lets hope the weather and football is good, just to shut two footed up and hopefully he ll stop criticising the football in clare!

mastermind1
08/05/2009, 7:45 PM
I think avenue will just shade it, 2-1 for me! Lets hope the football is good just so twofooted will stay quiet about the standard of football in clare!:D

studsup
08/05/2009, 10:06 PM
OK mastermind1 no need for 3 predictions the exact same:rolleyes:

I'll go for a score draw and Avenue to win on penalties

old git
08/05/2009, 10:15 PM
When will Avenue have their own grounds ?

just waiting on the county grounds to be finished for them :D:D

Keyser Soze
10/05/2009, 12:54 PM
After a marathon penalty shoot ut

Congratulations Bunratty

:ball::ball::ball:

Carotheplayer
10/05/2009, 12:57 PM
Good game, great crowd. Fair play (3 yellows) and a penalty shoot out. Finished 0-0 after extra time.

Avenue could have taken it twice but missed. Bunratty took it in sudden death. Tough way to decide a league but they could have been there for the day. Both teams cancelled each other out.

Congrats to all the Bunratty lads

Until next year :ball:

AWOL
10/05/2009, 2:19 PM
Well done Bunratty hope the celebrations go long into the week:D:D:D.

MikeBassett
10/05/2009, 4:36 PM
Well done to Bunratty, best team on the day and for the season won the league in fairness.

mastermind1
10/05/2009, 5:21 PM
Congrats to bunratty, i thought they deserved for trying to play ball, avenue were very poor and only had 1 or 2 half chances! As for bunratty being regarded as the best team throughout the season i don t agree, they won alot of games 1-0 and i think the fact GOAL DIFFERENCE didnt come in to play was a mistake, anyway its those 1-0 wins that go along way towards winning the league! Congrats to bunratty again and i m looking forward to next season where hopefully we ll end our drought of no league or cups in many years:);):D!

CousinSylDolan
11/05/2009, 8:25 AM
Jeez what a way to win a league. Heart stopping stuff there in the penalties.
I think the better team won it though. Lot of sick heads after the session yesterday.

Well done to Donal, Steph and all the team. A lot of work went in this year and it paid off for a finish.

Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na!!!!!!!

Planners
11/05/2009, 8:49 AM
Well done to Donal, Steph and all the team. A lot of work went in this year and it paid off for a finish.

Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

Gracious in defeat - didn't expect anythin else - well done to the rats

First
11/05/2009, 9:09 AM
Congratulations to Bunratty.

I have had to change my sig :mad:

twofooted
11/05/2009, 9:15 AM
Well done bunratty.I think the best team won the league.Awful game but bunratty will not complain.Surprised with the team big daddy put out but he gets the job done again.

RenzoRosso
11/05/2009, 9:22 AM
how can you make a comment like that.they won 3 games 1 nil.everyone knew goal difference wouldn't come into it so thats a lame excuse..by far the best team in the league this year.and on behalf of the rovers congratulations well deserved..:ball:[/QUOTE]

The most consistent team, yes, but not the best.

Lev Yashin
11/05/2009, 9:28 AM
Congrats Bunratty...wasn't at the game but heard ye deserved it:ball: