PDA

View Full Version : 2021 Season , Arrivals and departures

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

sbgawa
12/11/2020, 1:34 PM
Keith Long and Trevor Crolly sign 4 year contracts at Bohs.
Good to see.

placid casual
12/11/2020, 2:14 PM
It's the smart move.
just guarantees some financial gain for boez once dundalk come calling in Apr 2021.

Nesta99
12/11/2020, 3:59 PM
With consistant league finishes irrespective of player turnover they could be turning heads further afield too. Would want to be a hell of an offer to get them to move though as things are lineing up nicely at Bohs, injection of money, european qualification, coaching stability, increased crowds, maybe a new ground - generally just on an upward curve. Pinchng managers/coaches from LoI mght be seen as less risky in more recent times considering the successes of O'Neill, Kenny, Barraclough getting senior international posts, add Paul Cook's still improving stock, even Foster being employed by the English FA. well its a bit different than when Fenlon/Kenny going to Scotland first.

Dundalk should have made an approach and I think will rue missing the opportunity before they signed long deals, would you take one without the other though as it seems to be a great mix of both men doing the job.

Martinho II
12/11/2020, 6:11 PM
I would imagine that Keith Long would go to Dundalk eventually considering he played for them and following other managers that have moved on afterwards after being Bohs manager aka Turlough OConnor and Stephen Kenny.

Nesta99
13/11/2020, 3:58 AM
Roddy to complete the set (and was back in a Dundalk jersey recently) he's never has been relegated if we needed someone in to save us!

Martinho II
13/11/2020, 1:49 PM
Roddy to complete the set (and was back in a Dundalk jersey recently) he's never has been relegated if we needed someone in to save us!

I always thought he was at Shamrock Rovers/Dublin City when they went down or am I thinking of someone else entirely?

Nesta99
13/11/2020, 5:34 PM
I always thought he was at Shamrock Rovers/Dublin City when they went down or am I thinking of someone else entirely?

Bail out or get chucked out before relegation is a certainty, rep intact...

Neish
14/11/2020, 5:27 PM
Sam Todd leaving Harps for UCD to complete his studies. Big gain for UCD Sam has been fairly solid for Harps last couple of seasons should be great in First Division

Nah Nah Nah Nah
14/11/2020, 8:01 PM
Kyle Callan McFadden has moved to England. Signed for Kings Lynn.

nigel-harps1954
14/11/2020, 8:49 PM
Sam Todd leaving Harps for UCD to complete his studies. Big gain for UCD Sam has been fairly solid for Harps last couple of seasons should be great in First Division

Agent Todd is going to purposely kick everyone and everything at UCD until his degree is done.

DCSIL
15/11/2020, 10:37 AM
Kyle Callan McFadden has moved to England. Signed for Kings Lynn.

Could be a good move for him. If they stay up, Kings Lynn might have a go at the Football League in a few years. Expanding Town with no real competition (Bit of a trek to get to Peterborough/Cambridge/Norwich)

Nesta99
15/11/2020, 8:05 PM
Its a grim spot so he'd be better commuting from Cambridge. But you are right if the football club can show some success, with not a whole lot else around they could get good crowds.

DCSIL
15/11/2020, 9:25 PM
Its a grim spot so he'd be better commuting from Cambridge.

I’m just outside Boston myself, KL is rough in parts! Dumping ground for Londoners in the Sixties.

Nesta99
16/11/2020, 12:08 AM
I’m just outside Boston myself, KL is rough in parts! Dumping ground for Londoners in the Sixties.

No comparison!! Maybe there is something to the NFN quip lol. Dumpng ground for chemicals and nuclear waste in the 60s too

sheao
20/11/2020, 9:23 PM
David Hurley signs for Galway United from Cobh Ramblers.

Decent addition for Galway. One of the better centre midfielders in 1st Division over past few years while with Cobh. Could be a decent centre mid pairing between Hurley and Shane Duggan

oriel
21/11/2020, 3:06 PM
Dundalk meant to have finally started contract talks last week with the majority who are out of contract at the end of this season.

Will be interesting to see who comes and goes, maybe last night's good display is an indication some progress has been made, some will need to leave, I can't see Gannon staying for example, he had his worst year performance wise.

The recruitment of new players has got to be better though, VP got a few decent ones in, Leahy, Murray, Slogget are 3, but others with Patching being prime example, just not good enough, others in the 'just ok' bracket being Flores and Colovic, and there are more.

Jack B
26/11/2020, 10:55 AM
Clarkie gone to Shels. Disappointing but not at all surprising given the rumours of SOD wanting him out before the start of last season. Proceeded to be our best player by an mile though so I can only imagine we'll struggle to adequately replace him. Great signing for a First Division team.

Nesta99
26/11/2020, 2:02 PM
Any indication of what the issue was, Or just a new manager sending out a message that even better performers are not safe? Ye can see S'OD being a no nonsense style manager but the better no nonsense managers (Ferguson for example) could still suss the need for some man management to motivate too.

sbgawa
26/11/2020, 3:00 PM
Clarkie gone to Shels. Disappointing but not at all surprising given the rumours of SOD wanting him out before the start of last season. Proceeded to be our best player by an mile though so I can only imagine we'll struggle to adequately replace him. Great signing for a First Division team.

Big loss for Pats, and keepers are key ....just ask Dundalk or us

2 Year Contract
26/11/2020, 3:07 PM
Sickener losing Clarke, he’s second best keeper in the league behind Mannus in my eyes (Brian Murphy also up there) and I’d go as far as saying Pats could’ve been relegated without him this season. He’d have fit in perfectly at Dundalk given his ability with his feet on top of everything else

Nesta99
26/11/2020, 5:49 PM
Unless he didnt want f/t football or the commute to Dundalk it does seem like a missed signing considering he is dropping a level. Maybe some flamboyant continental type is on the way in (scorpion kicks and clangers in traffic light jerseys like Jorge Campos to keep it interesting...). Most likely Rogers sticks for another season but he should be a decent reserve keeper that can help with an a new signing. Could give McCarey a proper run in the side either but we all saw how Mannus really helped Rovers become title challengers.

Jack B
26/11/2020, 6:37 PM
Any indication of what the issue was, Or just a new manager sending out a message that even better performers are not safe? Ye can see S'OD being a no nonsense style manager but the better no nonsense managers (Ferguson for example) could still suss the need for some man management to motivate too.

I don't think there was any specific issue beyond it looked like SOD was looking to undermine or at least force out some of the more senior members of the squad. By all accounts Clarkie was told at the start of the season to find a new club but he put his foot down as he had a year left on his deal and proceeded to mug off O'Donnell by performing brilliantly and not giving Kearns a sniff of a starting place. I haven't turned on SOD personally but has to be said this situation has reflected quite poorly on him, especially given Clarkie's status with the fans.

TonyD
26/11/2020, 7:27 PM

I don't think there was any specific issue beyond it looked like SOD was looking to undermine or at least force out some of the more senior members of the squad. By all accounts Clarkie was told at the start of the season to find a new club but he put his foot down as he had a year left on his deal and proceeded to mug off O'Donnell by performing brilliantly and not giving Kearns a sniff of a starting place. I haven't turned on SOD personally but has to be said this situation has reflected quite poorly on him, especially given Clarkie's status with the fans.

Very much reflects badly on O’Donnells judgement. Unless we sign Brian Murphy I don’t think there is an upgrade available, in this country anyway. Surprised he’s gone to Shels, can only think it’s a travel issue and he doesn’t want to leave Dublin.

Conor O’Malley mentioned by a few people on Pats Facebook. Would be happy with that, if he could be tempted back.

sulywaterfordfc
26/11/2020, 7:58 PM
Any Pats fans hear anything about Brian Murphy going to Pats? Best keeper in the league imo. Would be a huge loss for us.

Sounds like it’s the local power hungry git causing problems once again. I see no future for the club as long as Dunphy is involved. Slowly ruining the club.

TonyD
26/11/2020, 8:13 PM
Any Pats fans hear anything about Brian Murphy going to Pats? Best keeper in the league imo. Would be a huge loss for us.

Sounds like it’s the local power hungry git causing problems once again. I see no future for the club as long as Dunphy is involved. Slowly ruining the club.

Wishful thinking is all I’m hearing. Would be a great signing for us, or anyone, I think. Best keeper in the league in my view.If Dundalk had him for their European games they might have a point or three b6 now.

D24Saint
26/11/2020, 8:28 PM
Conor O’Malley mentioned by a few people on Pats Facebook. Would be happy with that, if he could be tempted back.

I thought retired from football ?

mrtndvn
26/11/2020, 8:29 PM
Alan Mannus is leaving Rovers to become a fireman

Jack B
26/11/2020, 8:33 PM
Murphy would be brilliant but yeah, not really seen anything concrete on it at all. The way our president was talking recently I'm not expecting much in the way of signings anytime soon with the uncertainty still surrounding next season.

TonyD
26/11/2020, 8:46 PM
I thought retired from football ?

He has. Playing GAA I believe. If he could be tempted back he’d be a good replacement for Clarke. He had displaced him from the team before he went away. Bohs tempted Shane Supple back in similar circumstances, so it would be worth a punt.

bluemovie
26/11/2020, 10:27 PM
Pats have approached Brian Murphy but he has a few options. Hearing they've made approaches for Tyreke Wilson, Sam Bone and Robbie McCourt too.

pineapple stu
27/11/2020, 9:09 AM
Conor Kearns leaves Pats as well, so that's both their keepers gone.

sbgawa
27/11/2020, 10:47 AM

He's put out a few fires for us alright :)

Martinho II
27/11/2020, 3:51 PM
Think I saw online that Jack Brady is leaving Shels think he would be a great option for Pats as GK. He was very good for us in his few team apps for us.

Longfordian
27/11/2020, 4:37 PM
No he's signed back for Shels. Bit surprising but maybe Shels suits him travel wise. I think he's teaching in Dublin from recollection.

nigel-harps1954
27/11/2020, 9:43 PM
Daniel O'Reilly left Shels as well. Presume he'll sign for Longford again, but a player I'd like to see back at Harps. Didn't get a fair crack of it at Shels at all.

Charlie Darwin
28/11/2020, 2:08 AM
Very much reflects badly on O’Donnells judgement. Unless we sign Brian Murphy I don’t think there is an upgrade available, in this country anyway. Surprised he’s gone to Shels, can only think it’s a travel issue and he doesn’t want to leave Dublin.

O'Malley is a good shout, he might be interested in it if he can work outside of football. You'd imagine Maher coming back from Bray to be #1 is the most likely though. Looked good from what I saw at Bray.

Charlie Darwin
28/11/2020, 2:09 AM
RIP fire

I really hope this isn't true. He's probably in the best form of his career and has the Champions League to look forward to, having left midway through his last campaign.

Longfordian
28/11/2020, 1:00 PM
Daniel O'Reilly left Shels as well. Presume he'll sign for Longford again, but a player I'd like to see back at Harps. Didn't get a fair crack of it at Shels at all.

He was very good for us so would be happy to see him back.

total hoofball
28/11/2020, 1:43 PM
Started 7 games with 4 sub appearances this season and didn't impress one of a number of poor signings for us

joey B
28/11/2020, 3:47 PM
Barry McNamee Re-signed for Harps.

nigel-harps1954
28/11/2020, 4:41 PM
Started 7 games with 4 sub appearances this season and didn't impress one of a number of poor signings for us

He seemed to be played out of position fairly regularly. He's most effective at centre half. Bit lost elsewhere but can fill a hole at left back

Martinho II
28/11/2020, 4:44 PM

Jaysus Nigel when I think about it Danny OReilly he was there with Sam Verdon wasnt he? How long did he stay with ye? Would love to see him back with us but think he would find it hard getting a place! Think he could go back to ye tbh

oriel
28/11/2020, 7:53 PM
Sickener losing Clarke, he’s second best keeper in the league behind Mannus in my eyes (Brian Murphy also up there) and I’d go as far as saying Pats could’ve been relegated without him this season. He’d have fit in perfectly at Dundalk given his ability with his feet on top of everything else

I have to say I'd rate the Sligo keeper McGinty up there with one of the best in the league, now he would be a fantastic choice for Dundalk if available / if Sligo agreed to sell.

nigel-harps1954
28/11/2020, 8:35 PM
Jaysus Nigel when I think about it Danny OReilly he was there with Sam Verdon wasnt he? How long did he stay with ye? Would love to see him back with us but think he would find it hard getting a place! Think he could go back to ye tbh

He stayed longer than Verdon did anyway Marty!

And with respect, I'd say he'd walk back into the Longford team quicker than he'd get into our defence. But he'd be a fine squad replacement for Sam Todd.

Charlie Darwin
29/11/2020, 1:52 AM
I have to say I'd rate the Sligo keeper McGinty up there with one of the best in the league, now he would be a fantastic choice for Dundalk if available / if Sligo agreed to sell.
I know Pats are well-resourced but can't imagine the money they'd offer would tempt Sligo, who have 200k+ coming from Europe (barring an Athlone miracle).

oriel
29/11/2020, 3:37 PM
You may have mis read Charlie, I was suggesting McGinty would be a good fit for DFC, never mentioned Pats. Fair point on the 225k euro monies though, but I would think DFC could still offer him a lot more in wages, then again Sligo would still need to sell, if he is under contract.

joey B
29/11/2020, 4:50 PM
Darragh Markey joined Drogheda from Pats,not sure Pats fans are happy with that one........

Jack B
29/11/2020, 4:52 PM
Darragh Markey gone to Drogs. Mixed feelings on that one, very likable player and a lovely footballer but at the same time it feels like we've been waiting years for it to click and him to actually become productive. Move might be the best thing for him.

Can see us looking very different next season.

placid casual
29/11/2020, 5:54 PM
Would you see a number of dundalk players playing for pats next season?
If so which ones would you prefer?
You'd have to assume O'Donnell would have first choice on those not staying in oriel.

kksaints
29/11/2020, 6:28 PM
Would you see a number of dundalk players playing for pats next season?
If so which ones would you prefer?
You'd have to assume O'Donnell would have first choice on those not staying in oriel.

Depends on how many Dundalk release. Benson and Kelly were the two we had this season. Benson was erratic performance wise but in general he was one of our better players. Kelly was hugely disappointing, 3 goals all against Finn Harps is a poor return for a very hyped player.

What I don't want is for us to become a retirement home for Dundalk players to pick up their wages. I don't want to see Massey, Rogers and to a lessor extent Gartland in Richmond next season. I wouldn't say no to any of their other center backs however and Gannon would also be welcomed. Would like Dan Kelly also, we've were lacking in pace up front this season.