PDA

View Full Version : foot.ie Christmas Party - London - Also For Derry Lads

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Peadar
21/10/2004, 4:08 PM
Post all information here for the London event of 2004.
Provisionally set for Thursday, December 16th at The Lyric off Shaftsbury Avenue, London, W1.
Everyone welcome.

List of people interested in London party so far...

Starting XI

Peadar
Sylvo
Davros is doubtful as Pat Dolan would say. ;)
Bowsy
Liam88
Pat O'Banton
Babysis
Duncan Gardner
green goblin
Plastic Paddy
PAURO 7

Subs Bench

resovoirdub
Thomo
dcfcsteve
londonred

Anyone else?

Peadar
21/10/2004, 4:45 PM
Also,should mention the landlord likes the Tims.......& is from Corcaigh! :p

We'll have no problems there then. ;)

Duncan Gardner
22/10/2004, 9:13 AM
This is convenient for me- if I promise not to sing, am I invited? :)

Peadar
22/10/2004, 9:30 AM
if I promise not to sing, am I invited? :)

I can't see any reason why you can't attend or sing for that matter.
You've been added to the list Duncan.

green goblin
22/10/2004, 11:18 AM
From the quite excellent pub guide: http://www.fluidfoundation.com/venueDetails.asp?BarRef

"The Lyric is a traditional boozer tucked away down Great Windmill Street just off Shaftesbury Avenue. Although tiny there seems to be enough space to squeeze yourself in and enjoy a good pint, take your choice from amongst others: larger, courage best, directors and london pride. With small tv's showing terrestrial channels, it's not a bad place to watch the footy (that is the games that haven't been swallowed up by sky). Punters range from tourists in need of an alcoholic break from rushing round London, theatre goers and regulars all adding to one of the main attractions of the Lyric - the atmosphere. It's chilled with friendly bar staff and a very jovial irish landlord who loves to join in with a bit of banter, be warned though, turn your back and he'll be trying it on with your lady! Not a destination venue by any means but certainly worth a look in if you're out and about central London in need of refreshment in a cozy traditional pub - you could pop in for one and easily spend the rest of the day boozing it up. We did..."

Sounds spot on. Count me in, please. :)

sylvo
22/10/2004, 1:24 PM
This is convenient for me- if I promise not to sing, am I invited? :)

As long as it's not one of those song's that Davros write's like ''Go on home hair bear, go on home'' or his hit song about the old man AKA C O'N then singing DG won't be a problem.

sylvo
22/10/2004, 1:31 PM
Sounds spot on. Count me in, please. :)

As west end price's goes it's pretty resonable in there, plus it's got a great duke box which I know GG will be right up yer street.

Babysis
22/10/2004, 1:50 PM
As west end price's goes it's pretty resonable in there, plus it's got a great duke box which I know GG will be right up yer street.
spot on sylvo, the juke box was good. However, perhaps you should think about putting together a cd for the landlord to play. I happen to know of a weekend residence with a cd re-writer!!

Plastic Paddy
22/10/2004, 1:55 PM
Count me in too. This could be fun. :)

:D PP

sylvo
22/10/2004, 2:10 PM
spot on sylvo, the juke box was good. However, perhaps you should think about putting together a cd for the landlord to play. I happen to know of a weekend residence with a cd re-writer!!

Not a bad call, but he might tell us to fcek off out of it though. ;)

Peadar
22/10/2004, 2:11 PM
perhaps you should think about putting together a cd for the landlord to play.

Make sure you've got the Lánger Song on it... ;)

the 12 th man
22/10/2004, 2:15 PM
Peadar
Sylvo
Davros
Bowsy
Liam88
Pat O'Banton
Babysis
Duncan Gardner
green goblin
Plastic Paddy

god help the place. ;) ,earplugs recommended :D :D

sylvo
22/10/2004, 2:22 PM
Peadar
Sylvo
Davros
Bowsy
Liam88
Pat O'Banton
Babysis
Duncan Gardner
green goblin
Plastic Paddy

god help the place. ;) ,earplugs recommended :D :D

12th we may need yer for the confession's in the day's after the event.

liam88
22/10/2004, 7:23 PM
Lad's i'm in!
Is it ok if the family comes along? Most of ya have met, drunk with, sung with and posibly even passed out with ma brothers ;)!
If this is alright!
D.G I hope your going to be joining me in a chorus of Fields or failing that w'll go for fairytale of New York (God bless ya Kirsty!)
nly one song I'll be singing for Dav mind you and that'll be to the tune of 'He's got the whole world in his hads' ;) :D :ball:

liam88
24/10/2004, 10:42 AM
Make sure you've got the Lánger Song on it... ;)
I have only the first verse+chrous of that-anyone know where I can download the lot ;) ?
As long as we don't start a riot with the RMK verse :o !!! Still a good idea? ;)
I'll put together a mix maself as well if ya want; i'll deff be there+possibly ma folks as well :D
Shall we do a secret santa>? Could be a laugh!

Peadar
25/10/2004, 8:34 AM
earplugs recommended

Do you think I should cancel the order for the ACME Giant Soapbox I was getting for Duncan and Davros then? :D

the 12 th man
25/10/2004, 10:35 AM
Do you think I should cancel the order for the ACME Giant Soapbox I was getting for Duncan and Davros then? :D

yeah,i'd go for a couple of strait-jackets instead :D ;)

Pauro 76
25/10/2004, 3:51 PM
Post all information here for the London event of 2004.
Provisionally set for Thursday, December 16th at The Lyric off Shaftsbury Avenue, London, W1.
Everyone welcome.

Nice one, i will be there purely cos of the lack of eL fans over here!!!!

liam88
25/10/2004, 4:00 PM
Look foward to meeting ya! :D

Peadar
25/10/2004, 4:11 PM

You'll probably find that I'm the only real deal on that front.
The rest just claim to be eL fans to boost their credibility :D

We have a starting XI now.
Looking good with over a month to go.

liam88
25/10/2004, 4:15 PM

Oi! :eek:

CRFC-the only Cork side! ;)

Respect to Dav. for supportin his Irish team not in the league (yet)!
PP-I never fathomed your El alligances-if any ?

Re. a startin XI good stuff and fair play to you lads organising+finding us the pub! We up for doing a secret Santa or something? Could be good fun!
I'll whack together a compalation CD as well-see you there!

Peadar
25/10/2004, 4:22 PM
We up for doing a secret Santa or something?

Think that only works if everyone knows each other.
Lets say Sylvo got PAURO 7.
He'd buy him a blow up sheep by default, we'd all get a little giggle and that would be that. Why don't we buy a few pints for each other instead?

Babysis
25/10/2004, 5:03 PM
He'd buy him a blow up sheep by default, we'd all get a little giggle and that would be that. Why don't we buy a few pints for each other instead?

I think that might be the safest option. Although it would be amusing to see some of the presents people would buy.

Lots of beer and anything festive, such as Christmas Crackers could be a good shout!

liam88
25/10/2004, 5:03 PM

Fair juice to ya-good point; was just an idea :)
Other way of doing it is all buy a present and ya draw out who get's which one when we're there-like i said; only throwing ideas in, good idea re. the pints though s'long as mine's a red bull ;) :D

liam88
25/10/2004, 5:04 PM
Lots of beer and anything festive, such as Christmas Crackers could be a good shout!

ey-got one in just as I was typing; good call re. the crackers-will bring a box!
Will also try and dig out ma authentic Scruffy Murphy's green santa hat :D ;)

sylvo
25/10/2004, 7:07 PM

We have a starting XI now.
Looking good with over a month to go.

Now now Peader, I can say I've been a County fan for all of Countys life.

Pat O' Banton
25/10/2004, 8:03 PM
re. the pints though s'long as mine's a red bull ;) :D

Pints of Red Bull? You'd be safer with a crate of Super Tenents and a nagin of poteen :eek: :D

I see that I've been counted in without my consent, say I had some sort of dinner party, a film premier or an opera concert followed by canapees and champers?

Oh who am I kidding I'll be there. Is the good senor coming?

Plastic Paddy
25/10/2004, 8:38 PM
PP-I never fathomed your El alligances-if any ?

Like I said elsewhere, if the standard of football was any good, then I'm sure I'd be drawn in. ;) So you can put me down as Thurles Town, Newcastlewest or St Francis. As good as any eL side. :eek:

And anyway, I already support an Irish club. They just happen to play in Scotland... :eek: ;)

:D PP

liam88
25/10/2004, 8:40 PM
We were founder members of the Lge........ ;)
There ya go then! (I was complimenting you saying you ain't a glory hunter!) :D
re. the ol' pints of Red Bull my most has been 12 (cans) in one day, mixed with lemonades in between-despite the fact that apperntly each contains 8 days caffine allowance.......... :o

Having said that ma brothers (the other two memebers of the pub crawl) were on something a bit more alchoholic ;) so I'm sure I was better off than them...although we were all sining pretty loudly and annoying the last landlord with certain songs..... ;)

liam88
25/10/2004, 8:42 PM
And anyway, I already support an Irish club. They just happen to play in Scotland... :eek: ;)

Watch out! You'll have all the EL hardliners puring in here starting a riot..................and we were just trying to organise a Christmas party

:D :eek: ;)

liam88
25/10/2004, 8:53 PM
The great unwashed

:D :D :D

Peadar
26/10/2004, 7:39 AM

I can see I'm going to have my work cut out for me at this function!
I'm quietly confident that the crushing defeat at the hands of the mighty Milan on the 7th will have put a few of you back in your boxes. :D

Peadar
26/10/2004, 8:40 AM
but as yer other team lost their last game, :rolleyes:we could always remind you of that!

Technically the last game one of my teams played, ended Barcelona 3:0 Osasuna but we wont split hairs. ;)

Pat O' Banton
26/10/2004, 10:20 AM
Will it be like a proper foot.ie conversation with Dav speaking in text language and Lopez and me being made to stand in the corner for an hour :eek: ;)

liam88
26/10/2004, 10:51 AM
Will it be like a proper foot.ie conversation with Dav speaking in text language and Lopez and me being made to stand in the corner for an hour :eek: ;)

Aw :D
Ya can chat with me mate....I'll bring ma allowance along and we'll see if together we have enough money to buy that house up Landsdowne yet ;) :D

Plastic Paddy
26/10/2004, 10:58 AM
I'll bring ma allowance along and we'll see if together we have enough money to buy that house up Landsdowne yet

Not until you've bought me that pint first, you young ruffian. Get your priorities straight. Pat O can wait. :eek:

:p PP

Pat O' Banton
26/10/2004, 11:11 AM
Aw :D
Ya can chat with me mate....I'll bring ma allowance along and we'll see if together we have enough money to buy that house up Landsdowne yet ;) :D

It depends, if your allowance will clear me overdraft first! Still I suppose it would be a great investment; central location, handy for transport and with a perfect snipers view of the suits in the Upper tier ;)

liam88
26/10/2004, 2:30 PM
Not until you've bought me that pint first, you young ruffian.

Good point!
Sorry Pat you get the overdraft sorted and mabye next Christmas....... :D

PP what are the odd's on you getting that pint?
I was going to get it in for you up the Cottage but it was to crowded.....
hope ma brother did the honours at Shepards Bush :D ;) ?

Pauro 76
26/10/2004, 5:13 PM

Where'd be the surprise in that.... but then again me buying a round, thats a surprise!

Peadar
26/10/2004, 5:16 PM
me buying a round, thats a surprise!

*Mental Note* Don't get into rounds with PAURO 7 :D

liam88
26/10/2004, 6:44 PM
*Mental Note* Don't get into rounds with PAURO 7 :D

:D :D
Whenever I try and by a round when I'm out i always get tol "your to young to buy a round-'ere have a red bull/red lemoade"
may have to call this one in ;)

..........with the exception of PP's pint of course!

Pat O' Banton
26/10/2004, 7:19 PM
So thats it settled; first round Liam's, 11 pints of Guinness and 11 champagne chasers! :eek: :)

Pat O' Banton
26/10/2004, 7:22 PM
I'll whack together a compalation CD as well-see you there!

No Christmas songs, I hate Christmas songs. :mad:

As we say in Dun na nGall Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Humbug

liam88
26/10/2004, 7:52 PM
No Christmas songs, I hate Christmas songs. :mad:

As we say in Dun na nGall Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Humbug

So it's settled; Wolfe Tones greatest hits it is ;) :D

green goblin
27/10/2004, 8:35 AM
So it's settled; Wolfe Tones greatest hits it is ;) :D

Val Doonican's Christmas album. Currently ranked on Amazon at 284,988.

1. It's the most wonderful time of the year
2. Christmas song (Merry Christmas to you)
3. When a child is born
4. Silent night holy night
5. Let it snow let it snow let it snow
6. Do you hear what I say
7. O little town of Bethlehem
8. Have yourself a merry little Christmas
9. Santa Claus is coming to town
10. Mary's boy child
11. O holy night
12. I sing Noel
13. Light the candles around the world
14. White Christmas

Up the Deise! :D

Peadar
27/10/2004, 9:57 AM
As long as they play 'Mistletoe & wine'...

We have to play Feed The Dubs!
It's being re-released this year and all. :D

Peadar
27/10/2004, 10:30 AM
though not much between Dubs & decent Scouse,allegedly :rolleyes:

I'm told there's a link (http://www.poirishsea.com/passenger/Dublin_Liverpool.htm) alright. ;)

resovoirdub
27/10/2004, 10:40 AM
New to the forum lads, but would love to meet up and talk balls with you all at the christmas party....if it's still going ahead?

Peadar
27/10/2004, 10:40 AM
either you have too much time on yer hands :rolleyes: ,or we may be starting to think alike,in some ways...... :eek: ;)

Too much time on my hands.
Last few hours on this project.
If I ever start thinking like you I'll pull on a Celtic shirt and throw myself into the home fans at Ibrox! :D

Peadar
27/10/2004, 10:45 AM
would love to meet up and talk balls with you all at the christmas party

Welcome aboard.
I'll add you to the list.
You can bring a friend.