PDA

View Full Version : foot.ie Christmas Party - London - Also For Derry Lads

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Babysis
08/11/2004, 4:32 PM
Our Belfast party is on the 3rd, our Dublin party is on the 10th so it figures that our London party will be scheduled for the 17th.
Since I hope to attend all 3, I won't plan to be available on the 17th for the foot.ie party.

Ok, what about the Thursday before, on the 9th. Thats the day before the dublin party, and only a week earlier than originally planned!

Peadar
09/11/2004, 7:57 AM
Ok, what about the Thursday before, on the 9th. Thats the day before the dublin party, and only a week earlier than originally planned!

I'll be flying back to Dublin either the Thursday night or Friday morning.
It just doesn't suit me.
Anyone up for Thursday the 18th of November?

Babysis
09/11/2004, 12:38 PM
I'll be flying back to Dublin either the Thursday night or Friday morning.
It just doesn't suit me.
Anyone up for Thursday the 18th of November?

yep fine by me

Peadar
09/11/2004, 12:53 PM
yep fine by me

Was just thinking, Friday the 19th maybe?
Wasn't that the night Liam88 suggested we go to see the Flogging Mollies in Islington?

liam88
09/11/2004, 1:07 PM
Was just thinking, Friday the 19th maybe?
Wasn't that the night Liam88 suggested we go to see the Flogging Mollies in Islington?
I already have ma tickets for that-it finishes at 10 so if you guys want to meet up then.......?
However won't that only give us and hour and a half max?
Flogging Molly kick off at 7 (poss 7.30) so it's going to be difficult getting up there before hand....unless as PEader says we could all go to see them together and then we can drink before/after?
Not to sure if this will be ok for Davros though.........

Pat O' Banton
09/11/2004, 1:45 PM
I already have ma tickets for that-it finishes at 10 so if you guys want to meet up then.......?
However won't that only give us and hour and a half max?
Flogging Molly kick off at 7 (poss 7.30) so it's going to be difficult getting up there before hand....unless as PEader says we could all go to see them together and then we can drink before/after?
Not to sure if this will be ok for Davros though.........

Sorry hombre, am traveling to Manchester on the Friday night, so I can see Rochdale v Bristol Rovers and The Pogues (oh and Mrs O' B, of course.) Thursday 19th is no probs though. Will be at aerobics :eek: until about 7.30pm so won't be there until 8.30ish (I said stop sniggering Peadar!)

Peadar
09/11/2004, 2:06 PM
Thursday 19th is no probs though. Will be at aerobics :eek: until about 7.30pm so won't be there until 8.30ish (I said stop sniggering Peadar!)

Thursday is the 18th
I'm up on the 20th for a session with family and friends so doubt I can justify going up on the Thursday too.

Everything was fine until Davros' mate decided to get married on a Thursday in December. Bloody selfish, if you ask me!

Pat O' Banton
09/11/2004, 2:31 PM
How about working backwards? Can people give a list of dates that they can't do then we can work out the dates when people can attend. I'll start off I can't do Weekends inc. Fridays.

liam88
09/11/2004, 3:44 PM
Any Weekends Including Fridays
Any Wednesdays
Any Thursdays up to and including the 9th December
Friday 19th November

That's mine and Pat's together so copy the list into your post and add any dates you cannae do :rolleyes:

Pat O' Banton
09/11/2004, 3:50 PM
Any Weekends Including Fridays
Any Wednesdays
Any Thursdays up to and including the 9th December
Friday 19th November

That's mine and Pat's together so copy the list into your post and add any dates you cannae do :rolleyes:

Why do I get a feeling that we will have the only party that will have to take place on a Monday - in an early house :eek: ;)

Peadar
09/11/2004, 3:52 PM
Why do I get a feeling that we will have the only party that will have to take place on a Monday - in an early house :eek: ;)

I've got Monday the 22nd of November off. ;)
Still have another 16 days to take after that before the end of the year.

liam88
09/11/2004, 4:09 PM
Like I said.....there's still tickets available for Floggin' Molly next Friday :D

liam88
09/11/2004, 4:22 PM
Like I said.....there's still tickets available for Floggin' Molly next Friday :D
Thinking bout that course we cannae all do Friday......this is gettin' a wee bit mental.......

Babysis
09/11/2004, 4:38 PM
I can do pretty much any time. Have a few client things on in the run up to xmas, not to mention our quarterly do, but Pick a date if I can go, I will be there. Anything bar fri-sun.

sylvo
09/11/2004, 9:20 PM
Sorry to rain on this relative parade,but myself,the Good Senor & Mr.Sylvo(& their respective partners) :confused: are likely to be invited to a minimum of a wedding reception that day,which'll probably take precedence.....assuming I'm even in the country!

Any chance of changing the date?! ;)

Woooooooo now. In my absense from the last few days i've noticed that our night out is all over the place.
Dav I hav'nt a clue about Foxy's wedding, the only person i've heard talking about it is yer self.
This is now throwing everyone's plans up in the air. I say we should stick with the day we said it was going to be on in the first place before this get's anymore confusing.

Babysis
09/11/2004, 9:49 PM
Woooooooo now. In my absense from the last few days i've noticed that our night out is all over the place.
Dav I hav'nt a clue about Foxy's wedding, the only person i've heard talking about it is yer self.
This is now throwing everyone's plans up in the air. I say we should stick with the day we said it was going to be on in the first place before this get's anymore confusing.

Not often you will here this, but fair play sylvo!Right the party is back on for the 16th, as originally planned! Im up for that one!

sylvo
09/11/2004, 10:06 PM
Not often you will here this, but fair play sylvo!

Well if you can agree with me good self on something, then there can't be a conflict in the world that can't be resolved.
A noble peace prize on it's way to North London I can see it now.
I've made a new friend wooo hooo. ;) BTW will you be looking like a member of the Taliban when you go to pick up yer prize. ;)

Babysis
10/11/2004, 8:08 AM
Well if you can agree with me good self on something, then there can't be a conflict in the world that can't be resolved.
A noble peace prize on it's way to North London I can see it now.
I've made a new friend wooo hooo. ;) BTW will you be looking like a member of the Taliban when you go to pick up yer prize. ;)

Of course. Taliban sister is alive and well and living in Noorrf London!

sylvo
10/11/2004, 8:19 AM
So whats the story then. Is the party back on for the 16th :confused: after Dav done an Eoin McNeal and called it off.

sylvo
10/11/2004, 8:48 AM
Merely pointed out that it clashes with J.R.'s wedding! ;)

I did'nt think now that you would skip a party so that you could stay in and watch old repeat's of Dallas. :eek:

sylvo
10/11/2004, 11:20 AM
Ah come on now,you'll be getting invited to the same 'repeat' :rolleyes: ,but don't be surprised if it's a one-off! ;)

Dav i'm not dissing the event dude, just that the only person i've heard talking about it is yerself, and shall we say you were talking on my behalf again, but lets not go there. ;)

Pat O' Banton
10/11/2004, 11:54 AM
Why not do the honourable thing and blow all the money we were planning to spend on Christmas presents by going out on a five day bender, then people can drop in and out as they please, then when we get roared at for not buying Christmas presents we'll know there are others in the same boat. :eek: :D

liam88
10/11/2004, 4:33 PM
Fair play Pat :D
Seriously it well won't be the same without Dav :( Kieran's lass is coming specially to meet her estranged uncle-in-law (long story ;) )!
So I reckon after Christmas could be a good idea-January so we all have something to look foward to and arn't booked up! :D
Any good?

Peadar
12/11/2004, 12:07 PM
or even an N4 :o drink on Nov.20th?! ;)

Dav I was supposed to be going to a game in N5 but couldn't get the tickets.
Still plan to head to N4 though and have a few scoops there, hopfully watching the game on the box.
Twelve Pins is my destination of choice at present.
Had mentioned this to Pat O' and if you're around then by all means lets arrange to meet. There wont be any golf on so you can talk away to me. ;)
Sylv, PP, Liam, Lopez, Condex etc. etc. feel free to invite yourselves along.
No session like the last time you dragged me to the Railway though. ;)

liam88
12/11/2004, 4:28 PM
Dav I was supposed to be going to a game in N5 but couldn't get the tickets.
Still plan to head to N4 though and have a few scoops there, hopfully watching the game on the box.
Twelve Pins is my destination of choice at present.
Had mentioned this to Pat O' and if you're around then by all means lets arrange to meet. There wont be any golf on so you can talk away to me. ;)

Thanks lads, sorry though-am at work during the day the am a VIP guest at a St. John Ambulance function as Surrey Cadet of the Year ;)
We have to meet up though Dav!
This aside is the 16th Dec still on for the lyric aye or the 20th Nov replacing this?
FLOGGING MOLLY THIS COMING FRIDAY (19th) IN ISLINGTON IF YOU'RE AROUND.
Will post later but tickets are still going for a tenner from Carling Islington academy website...........anyone up for meeting there or even afterwards? Will be there with ma folks :D

Pat O' Banton
12/11/2004, 5:13 PM

Feel that I can quite safely claim to be innocent due to the early nature of my departure :eek: .

You should be prepared for either hyper activity or outright depression from me as there is a local derby in Glasgow kicking off at 12 o' Clock that day. However it would be nice to see a good crowd of foot.ie addicts - err sorry users in 12 Pins on the 20 of Nov.. and no this isn't a Christmas party replacement.

Pat O' Banton
12/11/2004, 5:14 PM
Thanks lads, sorry though-am at work during the day the am a VIP guest at a St. John Ambulance function as Surrey Cadet of the Year ;)
We have to meet up though Dav!
This aside is the 16th Dec still on for the lyric aye or the 20th Nov replacing this?
FLOGGING MOLLY THIS COMING FRIDAY (19th) IN ISLINGTON IF YOU'RE AROUND.
Will post later but tickets are still going for a tenner from Carling Islington academy website...........anyone up for meeting there or even afterwards? Will be there with ma folks :D

Don't know if I'm going to the concert but as its on me way home may meet for a scoop before?

liam88
12/11/2004, 5:44 PM
Don't know if I'm going to the concert but as its on me way home may meet for a scoop before?

Aye sounds grand but may not have to long because the concert kicks off at 7 and we'll be getting up there mabye half six, fancy meeting afterwards or to late?
Sure we can squeeze one in somewhere! :D

liam88
12/11/2004, 5:44 PM
Lads is the 16th Dec still hapening?!

liam88
14/11/2004, 4:51 PM
LADS PLEASE-is the 16th Dec stil happening up the lyric?

Pat O' Banton
15/11/2004, 9:10 AM
LADS PLEASE-is the 16th Dec stil happening up the lyric?

I vote yes. (finish work about 5.30pm this Friday - in Angel, PM me about what the craic is)

Pauro 76
15/11/2004, 5:07 PM
Cudnt be arsed reading the rest of the thread, too lazy! but i take its the 16th in the Lyric.... is that Hammersmith?

Plastic Paddy
15/11/2004, 5:32 PM
No, you're thinking of the Lyric Theatre. We're on about the Lyric pub on Great Windmill Street (?) near Leciester Square as the venue for Thursday 16 December. And I also vote yes to the meet-up going ahead.

:) PP

liam88
15/11/2004, 6:28 PM
Pat O'Banton
Plastic Paddy
Liam88

Plastic Paddy
15/11/2004, 6:48 PM
Pat O'Banton
Plastic Paddy
Liam88

Get saving. Four weeks to raise about three quid for that pint you're going to buy me. That should be long enough. :D

:D PP

liam88
15/11/2004, 7:42 PM
Get saving. Four weeks to raise about three quid for that pint you're going to buy me. That should be long enough. :D

:D PP

Three Quid for a pint!?!?! (sorry danane know if that's good or bad-it just makes me sound grown up and knowledgeable ;) )
Will do mate!
Guess we can add Dav [in spirit] to the list....of if he gives ya a bottle of Potenne to bring he can be with us [in spritS] boom! boom! crash!

It's Monday ;)

Peadar
16/11/2004, 2:48 PM
Right lads.
The Lyric is still the plan.
Next Saturday was just a meeting of a few heads.
A little pre-season friendly, if you like.
Had I known that the Glasgow boys and bhoys were playing, I may have planned my day more thoughtfully and avoided "Irish" bars. ;)

liam88
16/11/2004, 3:18 PM
Right lads.
The Lyric is still the plan.
Next Saturday was just a meeting of a few heads.
A little pre-season friendly, if you like.

Brilliant! :D

(And dannae mention the hoops all you'll have eoinh in here telling you that ya dannae know ya history from your arse and support your EL team becaus they don't have many fans! :rolleyes: )
edit: having noticed the announcement about levels of abuse just pointing out I'm joking bout Eoinh-sound bloke really....i'm sure all tha banter he gave me was just cussing to ;)

Pauro 76
16/11/2004, 4:22 PM
Thursday 16th December? yeah ill be there representing the Cup winners! (x 2) See you lads there... looking forward to first bit of eL banter since i arrived here!

Babysis
17/11/2004, 9:13 AM
Thursday 16th December? yeah ill be there representing the Cup winners! (x 2) See you lads there... looking forward to first bit of eL banter since i arrived here!
Hey there will be a few representing da town there that night :)

Peadar
17/11/2004, 12:10 PM
Hey there will be a few representing da town there that night :)

You'd better go off and learn the names of a few players first before you attempt to have a conversation with Pauro about LTFC. :p :D

Babysis
17/11/2004, 12:17 PM
You'd better go off and learn the names of a few players first before you attempt to have a conversation with Pauro about LTFC. :p :D

Excuse me, but I know enough about the players to have a conversation!! Are you asuming that as "Im a lady" that I wouldnt know who played for the town?? tut tut ;)

Peadar
17/11/2004, 12:42 PM
Are you asuming that as "Im a lady" that I wouldnt know who played for the town?? tut tut ;)

Firstly, Ladies don't follow football, only Tomboys!
Secondly, I was assuming that since you're a Landaner you don't know anything about LTFC and only latched onto them out of some romantic notion about Ireland and Irish football.
:D

Babysis
17/11/2004, 12:57 PM
Firstly, Ladies don't follow football, only Tomboys!
Secondly, I was assuming that since you're a Landaner you don't know anything about LTFC and only latched onto them out of some romantic notion about Ireland and Irish football.
:D

I love tha fact that in todays climate it is still capable to find narrow minded fools. I enjoy football, end of.

Peadar
17/11/2004, 1:14 PM
I enjoy football, end of.

You probably love cars too, that doesn't mean you know anything about them.
I'm sure there's a debate about women and football in a thread on here somewhere. You can go on there and tell us all about how much you know about LTFC and explain the offside rule to us.
No doubt you've got your fella to install a TV in the kitchen so that you can watch MoTD and Top Gear while you attend to your chores? :D

Babysis
17/11/2004, 2:36 PM
You probably love cars too, that doesn't mean you know anything about them.
I'm sure there's a debate about women and football in a thread on here somewhere. You can go on there and tell us all about how much you know about LTFC and explain the offside rule to us.
No doubt you've got your fella to install a TV in the kitchen so that you can watch MoTD and Top Gear while you attend to your chores? :D

No thanks. I dont have anything to prove. I know enough about football, but I have not claimed to be an expert as you seem to be suggesting. As for the sexist comments, fair play to ya. Takes a big man to make fun of a girl :D

dcfcsteve
17/11/2004, 4:38 PM
Can I come and play that night as well...? (only just saw the note at the top of the page).

One thing I will say about the Lyric (apart form it being small) is in my one-off experience there was that the Landlord was a c@nt and no friend of Irish football.

Was up there earlier this year to watch a Celtic European game with a mate. After the match was over and everyone had left/stopped watching the screens, he was flicking around the channels looking for something else to put on. I politely asked him could he put on Sky text briefly to get the results of the Irish teams in Europe that night. He basically scowled at me, made a discouraging remark about irish football, told me to feck off, and deliberately put some rubbish like a home improvement show or something on. Havn't set foot in the place since...

liam88
17/11/2004, 6:08 PM
Pat O'Banton
Plastic Paddy
Liam88
Peader
Babysis
PAURA 7
dcfcsteve

that's 7 confirmeds+folks/partners looking good.........

(btw Babysis fair play to ya re. EL)

Babysis
18/11/2004, 8:13 AM
Pat O'Banton
Plastic Paddy
Liam88
Peader
Babysis
PAURA 7
dcfcsteve

that's 7 confirmeds+folks/partners looking good.........

(btw Babysis fair play to ya re. EL)

Thank you very much :)

liam88
18/11/2004, 9:42 AM
You've forgotten DG.........That will boost the crowd ! ;)

Pat O'Banton
Plastic Paddy
Liam88
Peader
Babysis
PAURA 7
dcfcsteve
Duncan gardner

+folks/partners

Babysis-your welcome...look foward to seeing ya on the 16th :D we can discuss the only team in Cork!