PDA

View Full Version : foot.ie Christmas Party - London - Also For Derry Lads

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Babysis
17/03/2005, 1:36 PM
Happy days. Enjoy your free pint, and all the ones you have to pay for.
Im heading back Norf Laandan way to my local, then rif rafs or the Quays!! Will see how the night pans out. Defo up for everyone meeting up again, but somewhere warmer than ruislip this time :D

Pauro 76
18/03/2005, 10:43 AM
what a night! ended up in The Claddagh Ring, Hendon and the craic was ninety as they say... bumped into Pato and Slyvo on the tube back, an impromptu bout of busking started up and also my beggar impersonation on the tube went down a storm... paying for it big time this morning though......cheers guys!

Babysis
18/03/2005, 7:31 PM
I ended up knocking off work early (woo hoo). Went to my local, the hope and it was a briliant laugh. Then down to the tophouse for a change of scene. Was a funny night, but Im not a big fan of the Tophouse.

Im just back from the hope again. Had the day off, so I needed the cure and they do really good food too. Spent a day on the beer watching the cheltenham cup and backed the winner. My sister and Sylvo went to O rafs and I hear it was rammed. Steered clear of the quays, but Im sure a few people on here will be pleased to hear it was quiet :D

Pauro I heard you met up with them, small world hey :) .

Pauro 76
19/03/2005, 1:33 PM
Pauro I heard you met up with them, small world hey :) .

Met the lads on the tube journey back from Hendon to Kings Cross, the Claddagh was open till 2, thought id save my job by leaving at the usual pub closing time. Till I was persuaded by my mate to go for a few in Islington... bad move turned up at work next morning at 11, and my jobs hanging by a thread!!! oh and bumped into Pato in Kings Cross earlier that day too!!!

Pat O' Banton
20/03/2005, 8:04 AM
did ye's go to oraffs then anyone?? what was the quays like?? wouldnt go near that smelly overrated and overpriced hole! well they wouldnt let me in thats the real reason but hey, i can always be bitter ?!?!?

Indeed myself and Sylvo (as well as Lady Sylvo ;) ) got back to Raffs(£1.60 a pint Sun to Thurs) after the Shane McGowan gig. The place, like me was still fairly full at this stage. I fear your right about one of the last big nights in the spot, which is a real shame.

Met the lads on the tube journey back from Hendon to Kings Cross, the Claddagh was open till 2, thought id save my job by leaving at the usual pub closing time. Till I was persuaded by my mate to go for a few in Islington... bad move turned up at work next morning at 11, and my jobs hanging by a thread!!! oh and bumped into Pato in Kings Cross earlier that day too!!!

Yes I should point out that stalking is illegal! :eek: :D

When you asked about a pint at Kings Cross I could have cried , by that stage I was desperate for a drink!

Réiteoir
20/03/2005, 5:17 PM
Anyone fancy heading out to watch London - Carlow out in Ruislip in the NFL and then grabbing a few beers next Sunday?

Pat O' Banton
21/03/2005, 3:42 PM
pat o, where abouts were you sitting??

Propped up by the phone post 11.30pm. (I was the dashing figure in the yellow Cliftonville away top!)

Pat O' Banton
21/03/2005, 3:43 PM
Anyone fancy heading out to watch London - Carlow out in Ruislip in the NFL and then grabbing a few beers next Sunday?

Sorry would love to, but will be up norf for the occasion.

Babysis
21/03/2005, 4:44 PM

Thanks, but i doubt i will make it. im planning an easter sunday of doing very little. Booze, easter eggs and a film. sad, but there you go :o

Pat O' Banton
21/03/2005, 8:23 PM
i didnt spot ye, there was a fella there i usually see in teh inn, that i went to talk to, he was so locked

Your hardly narrowing down the field there :eek: ;)

I hardly ever venture around the near side, it feels like a completely different pub.

Babysis
22/03/2005, 4:13 PM
Ok then, where is everyone going to watch the Ireland friendly against China a week today?? If anyone is up for a few drinks watching it all the better. im up for watching it anywhere within reason :)

Babysis
22/03/2005, 4:30 PM
Ok, well thats one for O Raffs ( I will lave the advertising of prices to Pat O) :D . Cheap pints - Im sold on watching it there. Any one for anywhere else??

Pat O' Banton
22/03/2005, 4:50 PM
What you on about, I don't have clue how much a pint is in Raff's :confused: :D

Babysis
22/03/2005, 4:51 PM
What you on about, I don't have clue how much a pint is in Raff's :confused: :D

I am so so sorry. i heard a rumour it was £1.60 Mon-thurs :eek: :D

Pat O' Banton
22/03/2005, 4:54 PM
Thats very cheap, and a good pint as well, so I'm lead to believe. I think I may just whet my whistle in there for the second half of the China game.

Babysis
22/03/2005, 4:55 PM
Thats very cheap, and a good pint as well, so I'm lead to believe. I think I may just whet my whistle in there for the second half of the China game.

I should make it for KO. Will see what everyone is on for. Will speak to everyone on sat about it :)

Pat O' Banton
22/03/2005, 5:00 PM
somebody is impersonating ye againg!! shame on them.

the thing is, i have to say the beer on draught isnt the best, but still bottles are only about 2.30. he stopped that 1.60 until last thursday again.

did ye notice that he has chip and pin in though???? so surely its not closing that soon. mary told me paddys night would be the last big one.

There's a sound pint of stout in there at the moment.

Chip and pin? Yeah seen, however the head honcho may simply move it to one of his lesser establishments in the near future. (Sports Bars? pah!)

Babysis
22/03/2005, 5:03 PM
I was told that the scottish cup final will be one of the last big ones in there. From what my sister said, the place wont be long standing if the state of the ladies toilets is anything to go by :eek: I also heard someone took some tiles as a wee momento :D

dcfcsteve
23/03/2005, 1:14 PM
Can't do either the GAA game on the Sunday or the China game I'm afraid guys, as will be sunning meself in Jordan after the Israel game :D They better be feckin showing it out there....

Apparently there's a very good pub in Amman called 'Mohammed El Raffs'. Nice stout and cheap pints (£1.60 Sun-Thurs). Will have to give it a look.... :p

Pat O' Banton
23/03/2005, 7:24 PM
Apparently there's a very good pub in Amman called 'Mohammed El Raffs'. Nice stout and cheap pints (£1.60 Sun-Thurs). Will have to give it a look.... :p

Thats good value I'd say, its a shame that I don't know of any pubs like that around here! :eek: :) ;)

Babysis
29/03/2005, 9:45 AM
Gonna have to swerve. Other committments. Enjoy :)

Pat O' Banton
31/03/2005, 4:30 PM
No bother, I normally go red at te slightest thing anyway but info on the homeland duly noted ( only know one other from round that way and their in a diffferent continent anyway!)

Sound out to meet yourself as well and the good lady as well. PF took great delight in the foot.ie meet up in his bar (£1.60 a pint Sun to Thurs :eek: :D )

Pat O' Banton
31/03/2005, 4:36 PM
aye, he did, even more about: is his real name pat o'banton :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :o

Hombre, I don't think you or I have heard the last of that! ;)

Peadar
31/03/2005, 4:45 PM
DCFCSteve and I have many a tale from Israel so we must all get together again soon for a few scoops.
Any ideas, Pat O'?
Don't suggest Cardiff on April 16th. ;)

Pat O' Banton
31/03/2005, 6:39 PM
DCFCSteve and I have many a tale from Israel so we must all get together again soon for a few scoops.
Any ideas, Pat O'?
Don't suggest Cardiff on April 16th. ;)

Now I am certainly never meeting you on any weekend that Arsenal are playing, esp not a cup semi (Home draws against Bolton and WBA? surely too much off a coincidence :eek: ;) )

Thursday nights are normally good for me (Can no longer do weekends as I am otherwise seeing the lovely Mrs O' B) so next Thursday? Name a time and place I'm freed up after 6.30. I can match any story you have as myself and Sylvo were in Walsall last night for the U17 game against Ingerland. The Intafada has nothing on a night spent surrounded with the eight year olds from the west midlands cheering on Ingerland! :D

Pauro and pronane are you up for this?

Peadar
01/04/2005, 11:04 AM
(Home draws against Bolton and WBA? surely too much off a coincidence :eek: )

I was at the 1-1 against Sheff Utd as well but didn't meet up with anyone.
Think you might be onto something there Pat. :eek: :D

looking forward to meeting peadar this last while. im his no 1 fan!!! LOL

Should I be scared? :eek: :D

Peadar
01/04/2005, 12:01 PM
if you were a woman, aye ya.D

I'll be careful not to wear any clothes which may confuse you so then. ;)

Pauro 76
01/04/2005, 12:22 PM
Yep count me in Pato! will have to check on hours in the new job... thats another story, doing some temp graphic design work for the Express down Docklands next week and no idea what hours ill be doing by then, if im still there.... oh and DCFC_Steve, could ya PM me your number, if Tuesdays good for the Setanta Cup viewing, im on!!!!

Peadar
01/04/2005, 12:33 PM
oh and DCFC_Steve, could ya PM me your number, if Tuesdays good for the Setanta Cup viewing, im on!!!!

He doesn't get back from Israel/Jordan until Monday night.

sylvo
02/04/2005, 11:21 AM
[QUOTE=Pat O' Banton]

Thursday nights are normally good for me (Can no longer do weekends as I am otherwise seeing the lovely Mrs O' B) so next Thursday? Name a time and place I'm freed up after 6.30. I can match any story you have as myself and Sylvo were in Walsall last night for the U17 game against Ingerland. The Intafada has nothing on a night spent surrounded with the eight year olds from the west midlands cheering on Ingerland! :D

I did'nt know until wednesday night that Elizabeth Duke sold mini Sov rings, and heavy gold chains for kids, my ears are still buzzing after being sung to by their nasty firm whose Cojones hadn't dropped yet. :eek:

Not forgetting that 14 year old who sang us his song as we walked out from the ground and got all scared when we started laughing at him. :D

sylvo
02/04/2005, 11:25 AM
Tomorrow London v Clare NFL match at Ruslip, will be meeting up about 1pm at the downstairs bar at the clubhouse.

A face
02/04/2005, 2:33 PM
Just to bring this thread back on topic ...... How did the Christmas Party go lads ?? Did many turn up in the end ?? :D

sylvo
02/04/2005, 2:36 PM
Just to bring this thread back on topic ...... How did the Christmas Party go lads ?? Did many turn up in the end ?? :D

A very good crowd turned up and there's been a few spin off sessions that have happened since.

the 12 th man
02/04/2005, 4:44 PM
A very good crowd turned up and there's been a few spin off sessions that have happened since.

and the challenge to the best back four thread continues to grow :eek:

sylvo
02/04/2005, 7:03 PM
and the challenge to the best back four thread continues to grow :eek:

Be afraid 12th be very afraid, with the way this thread is going the Christmas party for 2021 will be getting sorted out on this same thread.

Peadar
05/04/2005, 10:03 AM
Are people meeting on Thursday or what like?

dcfcsteve
05/04/2005, 10:06 AM
Yep count me in Pato! will have to check on hours in the new job... thats another story, doing some temp graphic design work for the Express down Docklands next week and no idea what hours ill be doing by then, if im still there.... oh and DCFC_Steve, could ya PM me your number, if Tuesdays good for the Setanta Cup viewing, im on!!!!

Pauro - only got back from my Middle Eastern adventures yesterday afternoon and had my dad staying over for the night, so didn't get to catch much of the game myself I'm afraid. You're on for the next time the Town are playing (will have all the painting finished by then as well :o)

Pat O' Banton
05/04/2005, 10:10 AM
Are people meeting on Thursday or what like?

Sorry meant to get on to this earlier. Is central London the best for everyone to get back from? If so then what about the Porterhouse in Covent Garden, has some decent stout and Argentina's loveliest lager Quilmes. Any takers? (I should point out that it is most definately £1.60 a pint here)

Peadar
05/04/2005, 10:16 AM
Any takers?

Can we meet early, Pat? Say 19:00/19:30?
If I'm getting a train back to Reading I don't want to be starting too late.

Pat O' Banton
05/04/2005, 10:23 AM
Can we meet early, Pat? Say 19:00/19:30?
If I'm getting a train back to Reading I don't want to be starting too late.

Should be there for 7.30pm, anyone else?

Peadar
05/04/2005, 10:45 AM
anyone else?

I'm not going if it's just you, Pat. :D

dcfcsteve
05/04/2005, 11:33 AM
I'm up for this guys.

Peadar
05/04/2005, 12:00 PM
Can someone get word to pronane?
The poor old sod got banned for wanting a day off work. ;)

Babysis
05/04/2005, 1:34 PM
I should be up for Thursday.

Pauro 76
05/04/2005, 3:38 PM
Same here hopefully, but i might have swap bar shifts with someone to make my sis's birthday Saturday night, if its sods law i end up on Thursday so be it... but for now im on!

Pat O' Banton
05/04/2005, 5:05 PM
For all currently registered on this site (and those who are not! ;) ), Porterhouse is a massive place so bar that is on enterence level (mobiles should recieve reception in there) any other comments/ suggestions?

dcfcsteve
05/04/2005, 6:10 PM
For all currently registered on this site (and those who are not! ;) ), Porterhouse is a massive place so bar that is on enterence level (mobiles should recieve reception in there) any other comments/ suggestions?

How about going somewhere that does nice cheap beer. Say - somewhere in the £1.59-£1.61 price-range, from Sunday to Thursdays.

Anyone got any ideas of somewhere suitable.....? :D

Pat O' Banton
05/04/2005, 7:11 PM
How about going somewhere that does nice cheap beer. Say - somewhere in the £1.59-£1.61 price-range, from Sunday to Thursdays.

If only we knew somewhere like that! :confused: :D

sylvo
05/04/2005, 8:53 PM

We know a little place like that, ;) in County Wood Green

sylvo
05/04/2005, 8:56 PM

I will be ending up at the German ladys many doss house's at 7 so will be down there about 7.45.