PDA

View Full Version : foot.ie Christmas Party - London - Also For Derry Lads

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Pat O' Banton
11/02/2005, 12:11 PM
Sorry hombre will be watching next OF game in Manc.

Bring your gran to Ruislip we'll make her a an honoury Londain Ultra (she'll have to hold up the flares and bring her own big flag!) She could even start a Londain GAA Supporters Club (Burmese Branch :eek: :D ) She can even help intimidate Pauro! :D

Réiteoir
11/02/2005, 8:31 PM
Darnit!

If I had the cash and time away - I would have probably got down for this :mad:

Must remember to make the next one :D

Or you could all get up here to Worcester to hear Davros and myself eulogise on the magnificence that is Andy Preece's Blue & White Army - attendance to the Shed is optional!

sylvo
11/02/2005, 9:11 PM
a mate from Croydon (his ma from Longford) is driving us up, so will be there for ko but not so sure about b4 the game, too busy trying to find the damn place... but after, ah sure a few will be had. If i survive at the hands of the London Ultra first!

Pauro if yer mate is driving, the ground is right beside the Polish war memorial, on the A40 going west from Hanger Lane, there's plenty of reidental streets around the ground for parking.

sylvo
11/02/2005, 9:13 PM
I'm flying back into the famoue North London suburb of Luton anyway, so North actually works for me for a change :)

Where's the Twelve Pins ?

Used to be called the Finsbury Park tavern, corner of Seven sisters road and Stroud Green Road.

Pauro 76
12/02/2005, 10:36 AM
Pauro if yer mate is driving, the ground is right beside the Polish war memorial, on the A40 going west from Hanger Lane, there's plenty of reidental streets around the ground for parking.

Cool ill take note of that. See ye at the game.... :)

Pauro 76
14/02/2005, 7:13 AM
Good seeing you guys at the game yesterday, not that i saw much of it.... Ruislip was like little Longford yesterday, even saw a few Town heads there! And a few people i thought id seen the back of years ago! ;)

Babysis
14/02/2005, 10:47 AM
It was a good but cold day out. All ended up in the lyric again. A Very funny night.

dcfcsteve
14/02/2005, 6:41 PM
Glad to hear it was another good day out for the Foot.ie London connection.

I didn't get back into London from Edinburgh until 7pm, so decided to crawl off home rather than abuse myself further with more alcohol.

Will be up for the next Londain game - though given the luck of the draw and their ability to navigate rounds, it may well be 2006 before I get the chance again....

Peadar
15/02/2005, 7:38 AM
though given the luck of the draw and their ability to navigate rounds, it may well be 2006 before I get the chance again....

NFL
Mar 12th/13th
Londain v Muineachán

NFL
Mar 27th
Londain v Ceatharlach

NFL
Apr 3rd
Londain v An Clár

May 29th
Bank of Ireland Connacht Football Championship
Londain v Ros Comáin (Ruislip)

Babysis
15/02/2005, 9:18 AM
Its only a suggestion, and im sure it wont be to everyones liking, but on sunday the 13th March, theres a free paddys day parade and fesitval in London. Saw Doctors, Paddy Casey and Ronnie Drew among others. In Trafalgar Square. Always a good laugh in past years

liam88
15/02/2005, 9:31 AM
Its only a suggestion, and im sure it wont be to everyones liking, but on sunday the 13th March, theres a free paddys day parade and fesitval in London. Saw Doctors, Paddy Casey and Ronnie Drew among others. In Trafalgar Square. Always a good laugh in past years
Aye sounds well good-was going to head up with the family last year but ma bro was ill.....hopefully this time will heading up :D

Babysis
15/02/2005, 9:37 AM
Aye sounds well good-was going to head up with the family last year but ma bro was ill.....hopefully this time will heading up :D

To be honest last year the line up was poor, and it wasnt the greatest. the year before that was brilliant. It should be better being in Trafalgar rather tahn the southbank. The irish post should be giving out more info soon.

liam88
15/02/2005, 9:41 AM
To be honest last year the line up was poor, and it wasnt the greatest. the year before that was brilliant. It should be better being in Trafalgar rather tahn the southbank. The irish post should be giving out more info soon.
Aye the Irish post gave good coverage last time.....thwy had that eejit lass Sinead O'Conor "singing" last year didn't they :rolleyes:

Peadar
15/02/2005, 10:04 AM
on sunday the 13th March, theres a free paddys day parade and fesitval in London.

Ireland v France in the rugby the day before, that'll be some weekend! :D

dcfcsteve
15/02/2005, 10:12 AM

That's a good line-up this year - will definitely be heading along for it.

I remember the last Leicester Sq Paddy's Day well. Sweet lord - a monster night out. Much nearer to various hostelries than the South Bank, so more conducive to a big one.

Babysis
15/02/2005, 10:34 AM
this wil be my 3rd year. Fantastic craic. much better in traflagar. Ronnis drew was excellent the year before last. Did all the classics to clse the show.

dcfcsteve
17/02/2005, 11:34 PM
Is everyone still up for the next Foot.ie London meet being a trip to see AFC Wimbledon next Saturday (26th) followed by beers and banter etc ?

Should be a beauty....!

Pauro 76
18/02/2005, 7:08 AM
hopefully im not scheduled for barwork that night.. if so im on!

Babysis
21/02/2005, 8:25 AM
I think so, all depends on the finances. just back from a weekend in Derry, and it hit my wallet hard.

dcfcsteve
21/02/2005, 10:01 AM
I think so, all depends on the finances. just back from a weekend in Derry, and it hit my wallet hard.

How was the Maiden City Babysis ? Where did you go out at night ? Shame there were no games on the hallowed turf of the Brandywell for you to savour...!

Babysis
21/02/2005, 10:06 AM
It was a cracking weekend. Went over for a 30th birthday party in the Post office social club off the strand road. Then on Saturday, I spent most of the day recovering before hitting the Metro for the Man u game, then the Quiet man to catch up with more people I knew and then was meant to go to Downeys but it was rammed, so headed back to the quiet man. Sunday was spent in Lawrences Bar/The Loft on Dungiven road watching the Celtic game. Really good weekend, but so so much drink :D :D

dcfcsteve
21/02/2005, 10:14 AM
It was a cracking weekend. Went over for a 30th birthday party in the Post office social club off the strand road. Then on Saturday, I spent most of the day recovering before hitting the Metro for the Man u game, then the Quiet man to catch up with more people I knew and then was meant to go to Downeys but it was rammed, so headed back to the quiet man. Sunday was spent in Lawrences Bar/The Loft on Dungiven road watching the Celtic game. Really good weekend, but so so much drink :D :D

The Post Office Social Club is a big Derry City haunt. You may even have spied them handing out membership packs for the 2005 season in there.

Don't know the Quiet Man or Lawrence's Bar, but sounds like they're on the Waterside which would explain it.

Did you do any sight-seeing ?

You could've caught Institute beating Larne 3:0 on the Waterside on Saturday. But then again, if you like semi-decent football and keeping warm then you did well to not go ! :D

Babysis
21/02/2005, 10:33 AM
The quiet man if I remember rightly is down a side ally off shipquay street, but Lawrences is on the Waterside. I was too hung over to very much at all. I would have been up for a trip to the Brandy well. Met the fella that scored the winning goal against celtic when they played there some years ago in a tournament for Derry city. Met a fella from Finn Harps too. The post office club was great. I may well be in the Derrry Journal, as they were there taking photos. Wanted pics of everyone that came over from England, god knows what we looked like!! It was 70s fancy dress

Peadar
21/02/2005, 10:45 AM
Wanted pics of everyone that came over from England

Good to see the security forces keeping an eye on potential troublemakers. ;)

Babysis
21/02/2005, 10:48 AM
Good to see the security forces keeping an eye on potential troublemakers. ;)

Very good!! We managed to convince the woman there were people there form pretty much any country you could name. Think I may have been in another pic of people from Australia :D :D

Peadar
21/02/2005, 10:51 AM
Think I may have been in another pic of people from Australia :D :D

Don't be surprised if you get stopped in the airport on your way to the Faroes. :D

Babysis
21/02/2005, 10:52 AM
Don't be surprised if you get stopped in the airport on your way to the Faroes. :D

I would be very suprised if I get stopped at the airport, as I am going by ferry :p Anyway i got stopped leaving Derry and had my bag completely searched. Not embarrasing at all :rolleyes:

Peadar
21/02/2005, 11:33 AM
I would be very suprised if I get stopped at the airport, as I am going by ferry

Doh! :D

Anyway i got stopped leaving Derry and had my bag completely searched. Not embarrasing at all :rolleyes:

Think that's normal up there because it's the only place I've ever been searched.
Did they find bathrobe and toiletries from the hotel in your bag? ;)

Babysis
21/02/2005, 11:41 AM
The hotel was a cheapo travel lodge, no bathrobe, no toiletries, but to be fair with the amount of pubs in Derry there was little time spent in there so no bother. As for being searched, its happened a few times going over and coming back. Im used to setting off the machines now.

Pauro 76
23/02/2005, 11:07 AM
Wimbledon v Kingstonian on Sat, ill have to count myself out cos housemates 30th on Friday, so i had to swap shifts to get that night off at the bar, so working Saturday night now. But if anyone’s going to the game, call on up to The Oak, Richmond Road, Kingston for a few pints after, Ill be serving so call on up for the post-match banter if ye guys are on!

Babysis
23/02/2005, 11:11 AM
OK, so what are we all doing then?? Are we going or are we gonna swerve. Im happy either way. :)

Pat O' Banton
23/02/2005, 7:36 PM
Wimbledon v Kingstonian on Sat, ill have to count myself out cos housemates 30th on Friday, so i had to swap shifts to get that night off at the bar, so working Saturday night now. But if anyone’s going to the game, call on up to The Oak, Richmond Road, Kingston for a few pints after, Ill be serving so call on up for the post-match banter if ye guys are on!

Sorry, I am oop norf that weekend looking to bring a wee bit of style and charm to these depressed areas :eek: :)

Peadar
28/02/2005, 2:03 PM
on sunday the 13th March, theres a free paddys day parade and fesitval in London.

I might have to give this a miss.
Was planning to get home some weekend in March and this is the only one I could manage it.

liam88
07/03/2005, 1:23 PM
Me and ma family are going up to the parade :D
Babysis where's the best place to go-it ends at Trafulgar sqaure right? Where's it start?
Who else is going :D ?

Babysis
07/03/2005, 3:51 PM
Me and ma family are going up to the parade :D
Babysis where's the best place to go-it ends at Trafulgar sqaure right? Where's it start?
Who else is going :D ?

Hello, hows it going??

The site you are looking for is here (http://www.londonstpatricksday.org.uk/)

Im so looking forward to it. Hip flask, face paint, crazy hat. That site gives you the route for the parade, and also whats going on at each of the 3 venues.

Pauro 76
09/03/2005, 9:04 AM
wont be there for the parade cos working, but ive Thursday and Friday off to make up for it!!! and im on till 5 so will catch at least some of the festivities after in town on Sunday! BTW anyone know any pubs in Lonon that will show Setanta Cup fixtures?????

dcfcsteve
09/03/2005, 11:34 AM
wont be there for the parade cos working, but ive Thursday and Friday off to make up for it!!! and im on till 5 so will catch at least some of the festivities after in town on Sunday! BTW anyone know any pubs in Lonon that will show Setanta Cup fixtures?????

If nowhere else is then my gaff in Stockwell will be. Am making a point of watching them all...

dcfcsteve
11/03/2005, 5:37 PM
Davros - got your number thanks mate. Apologies for not PM'ing back to confirm.

Pauro - I'll be signing-up to Setanta over the weekend (I'm trying to drag that one year subscription out for as long as I can... :o) Assuming all goes well and I get connected, you'll be welcome round to watch. I've got workmen coming round on Weds though, so the place will be a bit of a mess :)

Anyone else up for watching any of the games is welcome round as well.

liam88
11/03/2005, 11:33 PM
Hello, hows it going??

The site you are looking for is here (http://www.londonstpatricksday.org.uk/)

Im so looking forward to it. Hip flask, face paint, crazy hat. That site gives you the route for the parade, and also whats going on at each of the 3 venues.

Going good thanks!
Well-as good as can be; have coursework as well as an essay application for a summer school due in on Monday! So hoping to get back from London early enough to do a bit...what time do you reckon the main festivities finsihing; can't find it on the site.

Babysis
13/03/2005, 9:29 AM
Hey

The festival finishes up at 6pm. Then its all back to Norf london and the party continues!! :)

liam88
13/03/2005, 10:32 PM
Saw docters-50 000 strong crowd; mental!!!

Night :D !

Babysis
14/03/2005, 8:33 AM
What a day. The festival was fantastic. The saw Doctors were amazing. They bossed the crowd big time. Apart from a few eelits jumping in the (Green) fountains at Trafalgar Square, it was a brilliant day. Eveyone was out to party, there were no problems or upsets. Was a bit dissapointed in Ronnie Drew. He did the Festival 2 years ago, and was brilliant. But this year I think his age has caught up with him. Anyways, heres to Thursday. :D

dcfcsteve
14/03/2005, 8:46 PM
Pauro,

Setanta all signed-up for today and working a treat. Though - feck me, they carry a lot of ads on the channel !

If you want to come round to watch the game tromorrow night, drop me a PM and I'll send you my address.

Same for anyone else for any of the games.

Cheers,

Steve

Green Tribe
14/03/2005, 9:02 PM
ha ha , what if you get 100's turning up????!!!! :eek: ;) :D :D

dcfcsteve
14/03/2005, 11:20 PM
I'll open-up a small bar in the corner of me living room :D

Green Tribe
14/03/2005, 11:53 PM
ok, i'll get the train down tomorrow....... ;) ;) :D :D :D

Pauro 76
16/03/2005, 7:20 AM
Didnt get to see the game, had a choice of working Tuesday or Friday (day after Paddy's Day) Judging by the state i will be in on Friday, had to work Tues night at the bar. But Paddy's Day tomorrow, where will everyone be, will probably be in the Swan, Stockwell for the night but in town earlier during the day, let us know where your all at, and will have a few! :) By the way Steve, did the 100's turn up? ;)

Babysis
17/03/2005, 12:32 PM
For anyone who might be interested, the irish post and the irish world websites have a small bit about the parade and festival last weekend. :)

dcfcsteve
17/03/2005, 1:02 PM
Didnt get to see the game, had a choice of working Tuesday or Friday (day after Paddy's Day) Judging by the state i will be in on Friday, had to work Tues night at the bar. But Paddy's Day tomorrow, where will everyone be, will probably be in the Swan, Stockwell for the night but in town earlier during the day, let us know where your all at, and will have a few! :) By the way Steve, did the 100's turn up? ;)

I've got to do some work until about 9pm this evening, then will be on the rip somewhere - probably up in town. Outside chance I might make the Swan Pauro, as it's 2mins form my house, so could well see you in there :)

As for the mongul hordes descending on my gaff to watch the Glens v Longford game - I was blissfully unaccompanied :) Given that I'm in the middle of painting the place, it probably wasn't such a bad thing to be honest.

Open door policy again for next Tuesday's Shels v Linfield game if any one is interested. Bring yer own paintbrush.... ! :D

Pauro 76
17/03/2005, 1:17 PM
Bring yer own paintbrush.... ! :D

eh no! ;) looking like the Claddagh Ring, Hendon at the moment for this evening, but have to work tomorrow so the Swan is looking unlikely unfortunately! but must arrange a night out there sometime, was there last weekend with a few mates from Dublin, but i like the place, its such a change from the tosser clubs of central london! have a great Paddy's Day everyone, in Ladbroke Grove down a pub with an ex bar workmate there, was the first Irishman in the pub so a few free pints came my way! :)