PDA

View Full Version : foot.ie Christmas Party - London - Also For Derry Lads

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Peadar
20/01/2005, 1:03 PM
Know that feeling only too well.......... :o

That lubed up feeling or the head like a boiled cabbage feeling? ;)

Pauro 76
20/01/2005, 5:09 PM
Gud to see yis all out last night...... next meeting: Londain Ultras v Longford???????

Pat O' Banton
20/01/2005, 5:29 PM
Pat O' - what was that Viz-tastic quote from Davros at the end of last night again ? Something along the lines of 'getting himself lubed up for us all next time' or something. I've got a head like a boiled cabbage at the best of times, so can't remember....

Something about next time he hoped he'd be more lubricated so he wouldn't find it so hard?!? :eek: :D

Yes Pauro, Falite go Hell will be the signs outside Ruislip to strike fear in the heart of every Longforonian, however you will have to get there first which will mean running the gauntlet of the (CLSC) Central Line Service Crew - also known as Sylvo in an Addidas tracky top

liam88
21/01/2005, 9:13 AM
next meeting: Londain Ultras v Longford???????
What date? :)

Pat O' Banton
21/01/2005, 9:47 AM
What date? :)

Sunday 13th February and Ruislip (nearest tube South Ruislip on the Central Line) as usual with the GAA they don't bother with minor things like throw in time etc. However I would get there for about 2.30pm, will sort out meet up details nearer the time.

Pauro 76
21/01/2005, 1:00 PM
Yes Pauro, Falite go Hell will be the signs outside Ruislip to strike fear in the heart of every Longforonian, however you will have to get there first which will mean running the gauntlet of the (CLSC) Central Line Service Crew - also known as Sylvo in an Addidas tracky top

The fear, the fear..... :eek:

Pat O' Banton
21/01/2005, 1:02 PM
The fear, the fear..... :eek:

It will be like Istanbull airport when ManUre landed, but with pint bottles of Magners! :eek: :D

Pauro 76
21/01/2005, 1:11 PM
Will there be segregation at the Londain - Longfoirt game? ;)

dcfcsteve
21/01/2005, 2:08 PM

Yes. Wimmin on the mucky slopes behind each goal. Men inside and outside the Clubhouse... :D

sylvo
22/01/2005, 10:17 AM
How did you all get on last night?
Any scandal?

No scandal, except when Davros knocked his pint of cherry cola over my bag with my work gear in it. :eek:

sylvo
22/01/2005, 10:21 AM

Not at all Pauro, everybody sits beside one another and gets on great. :cool: Come to think of it, there is no seats down at Emerald park. :eek:

Pat O' Banton
22/01/2005, 11:40 PM
Yes. Wimmin on the mucky slopes behind each goal. Men inside and outside the Clubhouse... :D

...and theres no slope behind either goal either, mucky side view or nothing and if you don't like it you can spend the afternoon in the bar (a course of action I have seen quite a few away fans take)

liam88
23/01/2005, 9:25 PM
Sunday 13th February and Ruislip (nearest tube South Ruislip on the Central Line) as usual with the GAA they don't bother with minor things like throw in time etc. However I would get there for about 2.30pm, will sort out meet up details nearer the time.
Sounds class? We need to book tickets or just turn up on the day?
By the soundds of things we should keep the cherry coke away from Dav.....shall I bring ma Bhodran?

liam88
24/01/2005, 8:51 AM
I wont be there.......sh*t,I might have to support London...... :o Though it would be Longford,if it wasnt for one ****

Aw Dav are you avoiding me? When I can come I get a message not to drink to much and when I can't I miss out on the next generation of football manager and fun and games with cherry coke! :eek: :rolleyes: :D

Peadar
24/01/2005, 9:52 AM
How about a trip to Glasgow for May 29...2 teams in green & white,you might know?

It's an Ireland XI which may not be much more that the team for the Unity Cup but there should still be a good crowd.

Peadar
24/01/2005, 10:05 AM
Yes,but the football will be a bit of a secondary issue......... ;)

Oops, sorry, forgot.

Babysis
24/01/2005, 10:23 AM
It's an Ireland XI which may not be much more that the team for the Unity Cup but there should still be a good crowd.

I may be wrong, but I thought Brian Kerr said he was using this match as a warm up to the qualifying games, and so would be fielding a strong side. Im up for going anyway, so if we can make it a group outing, all the better. The only way to travel to Celtic is by train. Great craic :)

Peadar
24/01/2005, 10:33 AM
I may be wrong, but I thought Brian Kerr said he was using this match as a warm up to the qualifying games, and so would be fielding a strong side.

You're not at all wrong but it's often the case that after the end of club competitions, many top flight players need to be "rested."
We'll just have to wait and see.

Babysis
24/01/2005, 10:36 AM
You're not at all wrong but it's often the case that after the end of club competitions, many top flight players need to be "rested."
We'll just have to wait and see.

Well regardless, it will be a cracking atmosphere. I am defo going.

Peadar
24/01/2005, 10:42 AM
Well regardless, it will be a cracking atmosphere. I am defo going.

Hopefully it will be better than the atmosphere at the Scotland v Ireland game in Feb 2003.

sylvo, are you up for a few pints in Dublin before/after the Portugal game?

sylvo
24/01/2005, 11:17 AM
Hopefully it will be better than the atmosphere at the Scotland v Ireland game in Feb 2003.

sylvo, are you up for a few pints in Dublin before/after the Portugal game?

Will be up for it indeed, am in Dublin at about 9am and after my now normal trips to the building society and looking at chairs and tables and building materials for my retirement home have finished then it's party time.

Peadar
24/01/2005, 11:23 AM
Will be up for it indeed, am in Dublin at about 9am.

I hope to get in around noon.
I'll get in touch with a plan.
Anyone else is also welcome to join in the fun.

liam88
24/01/2005, 1:25 PM
Brilliant re. May I'm well up for this!
Dav-could set us up with some tickets as for vs Fulham + give us travel arrangements? :D

Peadar
24/01/2005, 1:37 PM
Dav-could set us up with some tickets as for vs Fulham + give us travel arrangements? :D

The train from Kings Cross, London to Glasgow Central will cost around £90 return.
London Stansted to Glasgow Prestwick could cost around £58 with Ryanair.com (http://www.ryanair.com/)

Babysis
24/01/2005, 3:07 PM
What about the Magabus!! Nothing wrong with buses if there are a few going

Peadar
24/01/2005, 3:09 PM
What about the Magabus!!

How long will that take?
Could we organise our own bus?

Babysis
24/01/2005, 3:25 PM
How long will that take?
Could we organise our own bus?
Actually may not be the best bet. Would have to get the bus on sat night at midngiht which would get us in for 8.30am. but it only costs £6 :D

Pat O' Banton
25/01/2005, 11:51 AM
The train from Kings Cross, London to Glasgow Central will cost around £90 return.
London Stansted to Glasgow Prestwick could cost around £58 with Ryanair.com (http://www.ryanair.com/)

Peadar good to see you back hope Christmas and the New Year Festivities were good.

GNER (Kings Cross) and Virgin (Euston) run trains to Glasgow, Virgin 6 hours GNER 5 1/2,. Don't internet book as I have found that this is normally the most expensive way of getting tickets, instead ring the companies direct and ask when tickets go on sale then get in there first thing on that date. Also both companies do group bookings which normaly is something like four for the price of two or something similar. Train is normally the best way of travelling and is about two hours longer then the plane when you take into account getting into Stansted and getting from Prestwick. Equally as you are football fans no one will blink at you cracking open a can at some unGodly hour.

Would have also thought that the RISSC would be running something? The coach up to Sunderland for Niall Quinn's testimonial was something else, infact Dav I'm sure I seen you and the Old Man auditioning for Riverdance on the way back :eek: :D

Will be giving the match a swerve as don't really agree with testimonials were the money goes direct into an already rich mans pocket

Pat O' Banton
25/01/2005, 11:59 AM
Sounds class? We need to book tickets or just turn up on the day?
By the soundds of things we should keep the cherry coke away from Dav.....shall I bring ma Bhodran?

Shouldn't think that there will be much need of tickets, if there are more than a hundred people there I would be suprised :mad: Mixture of inaccessible location, poor facilities - althought the portacabin toilets have framed photos and pump in classical music , I kid you not, which means that they are nicer then the ones in Croke Park - and apathy towards the team (most people inc. 2nd Gs will be supporting Longford), means that Londain is not the best supported team in the GAA. Oh Londain being regularly on the wrong nd of hammerings does't help.

Babysis
25/01/2005, 12:16 PM
The Longford game should be good craic if our last outing to Ruislip is anything to go by.
A quick stop to the local offy, a few carrier bags of beer, mediocre football, and crowds full of blokes meant a good afternoon was had by all (or me at least) :D

Pat O' Banton
25/01/2005, 12:20 PM
crowds full of blokes

errr... Mrs O' B, Mrs J Mc, Oldersis & 2nd Oldersis, your aunt, the women selling burgers etc, will all be puzzled by this statement.

Babysis
25/01/2005, 12:23 PM
I didnt say there wasnt women in the crowds ( As you mentioned i had a fair few relatives amongst them). Im was just pointing out that I noticed plenty of nice fellas. Kept me entertained aside from the footy

sylvo
25/01/2005, 2:10 PM
I didnt say there wasnt women in the crowds ( As you mentioned i had a fair few relatives amongst them). Im was just pointing out that I noticed plenty of nice fellas. Kept me entertained aside from the footy

That Joyce fella ;) , who scored against Kildare in the 98 all Ireland final, will he be playing, or will he be driving a bus to West Ruslip. :D Will Sean Og De Poar be there this time.

I noticed a hell of a lot of Women at that game everywhere in the ground, who acted like they where at a boyband concert when the Galway team where warming up, but when the Galway team were waiting for their bus didn't know who the hell they where, And there was a lot of Women like that there that day.

Babysis
25/01/2005, 2:14 PM
You say they were Galway, I say they were London. Didnt make any odds, cos either way i was not acting like I was at boyband concert, and for your information they were waiting for a bus, not driving it! Any confusion is more to do with the huge amounts of drink taken over that weekend!! And anyway, they were all fit, so its doesn't matter :D

Pat O' Banton
25/01/2005, 3:20 PM
You say they were Galway, I say they were London. Didnt make any odds, cos either way i was not acting like I was at boyband concert, and for your information they were waiting for a bus, not driving it! Any confusion is more to do with the huge amounts of drink taken over that weekend!! And anyway, they were all fit, so its doesn't matter :D

Londain bus? I doubt if they can afford a skateboard to bring the team to Ruislip.

Babysis
25/01/2005, 3:56 PM
Well either way, it should be a good day out on the 13th :)

Pauro 76
28/01/2005, 7:23 AM
Ah yes the 13th, I shall be there for first trip to a GAAH match since god knows when.. Its not the Town playing unfortunately but its the closest ill get to see a Longford team playing over here.... :)

Pat O' Banton
07/02/2005, 4:17 PM
Okay, plan of action(ish) train from Marylebone at 1pm and gets to Ruislip at 1.20pm. There is a bar at the ground but not much else around (including no bank machine.) Throw in is probably around 2.30pm so this is the best train to be getting.

Pauro 76
07/02/2005, 4:45 PM
Isnt there an underground by Ruislip????

Pat O' Banton
07/02/2005, 5:00 PM
Best part of an hour and a half on the central line from Oxford Circus to South Ruislip staton. If anyone wants to head out on the underground we can always meet up in the ground. The Underground and Overground are at the same station.

The ground is about fifteen minute walk from the station (there is an offy on the way! :) )

liam88
07/02/2005, 7:16 PM
Lads/lasses will be visiting ma gran that day (Burmese side)!
Hopefully the next one ey?

Guildford anybody? :D

dcfcsteve
07/02/2005, 10:14 PM
I get back in from my Edinburgh stag weekend at about 4pm on Sunday, and will probably be keen to keep her lit for another few hours/ales yet...

Let me know if you're planning to head on anywhere after the game and I'll try and catch up with you all then.

Pat O' Banton
08/02/2005, 3:16 PM
Sounds like you might need a Passport then :eek:

If & when you make it back to 'civilization',well zones 1-2,let me know....could be about? ;)

A quick one in the Twelve Pins or similar venue maybe called for, sorry Steve it means another trip north of the river.

Pat O' Banton
09/02/2005, 4:55 PM
Okay, plan of action(ish) train from Marylebone at 1pm and gets to Ruislip at 1.20pm. There is a bar at the ground but not much else around (including no bank machine.) Throw in is probably around 2.30pm so this is the best train to be getting.

In yet another fine attempt to discourage spectators, the throw in for the game on Sunday is 1.30pm (according to www.gaa.ie ) therefore anyone going via the overground should be at Marylebone for the 12pm train and not 1pm as I originally stated. If you are going via the central line should get the train terminating at West Ruslip, however you should get off at SOUTH Ruislip. It is about an hour to an hour and a half from Oxford Circus. Anyother questions about directions leave them up here and someone will help out.

By the way Londain were narrowly squeezed out 0-21 to 0-03 on Sunday. The opposition? The mighty Letrim :eek: a long season awaits.

dcfcsteve
09/02/2005, 11:38 PM
A quick one in the Twelve Pins or similar venue maybe called for, sorry Steve it means another trip north of the river.

I'm flying back into the famoue North London suburb of Luton anyway, so North actually works for me for a change :)

Where's the Twelve Pins ?

Pat O' Banton
10/02/2005, 7:41 AM
E-m.me yer mob.no.......if I haven't ph.you Sat.....will text you re.possible later meet?Should have DG in tow,amongst others?

Its the same one you send text messages to!

Pauro 76
10/02/2005, 1:19 PM
an hour from Oxford Circus? Being in Kingston gonna be a hell of a trek, a mate of mine might be driving up, so will probably meet you guys at the game (finding ye mightnt be a problem im gathering) and go for a few afters...

dcfcsteve
10/02/2005, 2:45 PM
Can someone PM me your mobile number and I'll give yee's a shout when I get into London to see which boozer you're in. Thanks.

Pauro 76
10/02/2005, 4:16 PM
a mate from Croydon (his ma from Longford) is driving us up, so will be there for ko but not so sure about b4 the game, too busy trying to find the damn place... but after, ah sure a few will be had. If i survive at the hands of the London Ultra first!

liam88
11/02/2005, 10:00 AM
Guys-as I said can't make it down (so have a great time and drink a red bull for me ;) ) so anyone fancy heading down Guildford for the next Old Firm game :D
Alternative is the Wishing Well in Reading-it's their CSC