PDA

View Full Version : foot.ie Christmas Party - London - Also For Derry Lads

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

liam88
16/12/2004, 11:41 AM
Only in the afternoon does it do food, i'd say you will be all right seeing you'll be with older people :( , have you got Pat's mobile number cause I think he'll be getting there early, won't be there till about before 9 myself
Cheers
Only got PP and Dav's no's....which Pat are we talking? O'Banton? PM me his if poss-will be heading to a restaurant first most likely or getting some ice cream!
Steve re. tops I'll be (am!) wearing ma Rambs jersey......pretty small pub to so should find each other easily!
Looking foward to it!
Ma Grandad, Brother an dhis girlfriend (limey!) are coming along......his lass is likely to be wearing ingurland rugby jersey so that's gonna give us some ammo for the jokes :D
See ya'll up the lyric then!

sylvo
16/12/2004, 1:52 PM
Cheers
.....his lass is likely to be wearing ingurland rugby jersey so that's gonna give us some ammo for the jokes :D

Tell her to keep her jacket on. ;)

dcfcsteve
17/12/2004, 4:40 AM
5:37am - just home now from the night out, having been back to Maida Vale with Peader and his sister. I doubt if either Cork or Dublin kept it lit this late :p

Thank feck I work from home :D

Let's not leave it till next Christmas to do it again people !

dcfcsteve
17/12/2004, 4:41 AM
Sorry - forgot to add. Good to meet you all tonight ! :)

Pauro 76
17/12/2004, 8:28 AM
Morning lads and lady hows the heads!!!! Was good metting all of ye, a good tim ehwas had and like DCFC said lets make this a regular thing, say every Ireland game or something? Had to leave kinda early myself, work in the morning and a long bus trip back to Kingston, dont know how i managed to drag mself in this mornning!!!! have a great Christmas guys and hey will see yis again hopefully!

Babysis
17/12/2004, 9:23 AM
Morning. Myself and Pat O Banton left O'Neils and went on a mystery tour of half of the West end trying to get home. I think it was about 3am when we finally managed to get home. Luckily I've the day off, so its not oo bad1 Was a good night, cheers everyone :D

Plastic Paddy
17/12/2004, 9:24 AM
Well done Peadar, Liam, Pat O, Sylvo, Babysis, DG, Pauro and Steve. Special mention too to Con, Kieran and Lauren, Liam's personal security team. And also to the man who, despite being 12,000 miles away from us in London, still managed to deliver his best wishes to all assembled. You know who you are. :D

Top night boys and girls. We may have to do this again soon.

:D PP

Pauro 76
17/12/2004, 10:34 AM
glad everyone made it home ok! would have stayed longer only for the journey back! top notch banter and was good to finally put faces to names! top night guys! :cool:

sylvo
17/12/2004, 9:15 PM
Top night last night really enjoyed it, great craic. Was glad to see some new faces Pauro7 and DCFCSteve. Will have TO defo have to meet up again.
Steve I think the the next meeting of the RISSC will be the second friday of next month you'll get to meet some of the other faces you did'nt meet last night.

liam88
18/12/2004, 9:06 PM
First chance to get online since the meet up.....got to say it was BRILLIANT!! Aye let's deff make it a regular things-thanks to all of ya PP, Pat O', Sylvo and Bill it was GREAT to see you all again, Babysis, Peader, Pauro and Steve-it was an absolute pleasure and hope to see you all again soon! Have a brilliant Christmas everyone-am getting a photo album set up asap-so if anyone wants their face blurred out for the OWC shots (ya know the ones i'm on about!) you better get on to me quick!
Cheers for the text Dav-was with us in spirit!
Ma grandad, Kieran and Loz all had a wicked time and Loz has made Kieran promise to bring her to the next one!
See you all soon!

liam88
18/12/2004, 9:29 PM
If ya didn't want to be in and OWM publicity shot it's to late! (all seriousness you three I can take 'em own :rolleyes: )
Pretty class pics but unfortunatley ya can't see Sylvo, Babysis or Kierans Celtic shirt to well in the group shot :(
Anyway plenty more meet-ups soon hopefully so more picture oppotunities....anyway as for the time being:

The evidence! (http://www.ofoto.com/BrowsePhotos.jsp?&collid=32940738606)

the man himself........Davros in the Nord Iron jersey! (http://www.monopolists.com/telecompig.jpg)

the 12 th man
19/12/2004, 10:07 AM
The evidence! (http://www.ofoto.com/BrowsePhotos.jsp?&collid=32940738606)

the man himself........Davros in the Nord Iron jersey! (http://www.monopolists.com/telecompig.jpg)

is photo no6 pp getting that famous pint at last ? :D

Pat O' Banton
19/12/2004, 1:00 PM

Either that, or in a bizzare paralel world PP has become Cobh manager and signed Liam for a pint of stout. :eek: :D

liam88
19/12/2004, 6:24 PM
Aye indeed-though I like Pats explanation! :D
A historic moment in foot.ie history indeed........... :D

Peadar
20/12/2004, 8:07 AM
Sorry I couldn't make it on Thursday lads.
Work commitments, you know how it is.
Heard a rumour that super impostor Karl Power (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/soccer/news/2001/04/19/united_bayern/lg_united_all.jpg) impersonated me in another high profile prank?
I hope he didn't tarnish my good name??? ;)

Duncan Gardner
20/12/2004, 8:55 AM
I thought your Cork accent was a bit exaggerated, Karl/ Peadar...

I'd still have ye in the team instead of that lazy waster Giggs, mind.

Top night all round, esp the photos. Lovely to meet ye all :)

Pauro 76
20/12/2004, 4:46 PM
heh heh liking the photos! The Norn Iron jersey was a good prop.... didnt think the me with the thumbs down wearing the Norn iron jersey pic would be taken! So being half Nordie meself, apologies!!!

Pauro 76
24/12/2004, 7:20 AM
Just to wish all the guys based in London at the foot.ie Xmas party who log onto this site a very Happy Christmas!!!!! Have a good one and will see you all hopefully in the New Year! :cool: :cool: :ball:

Pat O' Banton
24/12/2004, 12:27 PM
Just to wish all the guys based in London at the foot.ie Xmas party who log onto this site a very Happy Christmas!!!!! Have a good one and will see you all hopefully in the New Year! :cool: :cool: :ball:

Seconded, a happy Christmas to all. Meet up to be arranged for early in the new year. (Hmmm... any chance this thread could run for as long as the Longford best back four, or the pro/anti Celtic threads?)

liam88
24/12/2004, 2:18 PM
Aye I reckon we can do it-happy Christmas to all at the meet up; was brilliant and cannae wait for the next one! :D

the 12 th man
24/12/2004, 4:10 PM
...any chance this thread could run for as long as the Longford best back four, or the pro/anti Celtic threads?)

its possible............you just need the stamina :rolleyes: and collective interest ;) from the people to make it happen

Pat O' Banton
29/12/2004, 4:10 PM
its possible............you just need the stamina :rolleyes: and collective interest ;) from the people to make it happen

... and use of the internet at work :eek: :D .

Any ideas for places to go for further meet ups? Pubs, non league football (grounds that have a bar attached of course) errr, thats about it from me. Central London is handy but overpriced is there anywhere that people know and would have a preference for?

sylvo
29/12/2004, 8:28 PM
.Central London is handy but overpriced is there anywhere that people know and would have a preference for?

Know a nice little place in North Kildare, no expensive bar prices, none of that craic, more of a bring a bottle or a rake of can's type of place out in the countryside so it is.

And yis can all help us decorate the place while yer there. how does a sesh after the Portugal game for a couple of day's sound.

Also 12th are you up for the next meet up.

the 12 th man
30/12/2004, 8:48 AM
Also 12th are you up for the next meet up.

would certainly try to be there :)

Pat O' Banton
30/12/2004, 12:14 PM
Preferably with a tool belt and a large carry out. :eek: ;)

dcfcsteve
30/12/2004, 1:14 PM
Merry Christmas all. Just back online after the festivities.

I'd like to propose our next meet-up revolve around an AFC Wimbledon game. Most of you probably already know, but AFC are the club that Wimbledon fans set-up themselves when their own club moved to Milton Keynes (one of the FA's most shocking decisions ever...). They get 2,500-3,000 at each game, in a league where everyone else is lucky to have 30 fans; are currently top of the Ryman First Division (3 levels below Conference proper) and are looking good for their second promotion in a row in only their 3rd season in existence. They've also bought their own stadium from Kingstonians purely through fundraising, and are offering it as a facility to fans of anyone team (hence it's called The Fan's Stadium). They could teach most Irish clubs a thing or two about how to organise a club off the pitch... . And they also have a couple of bars at the ground :o)

They play in Kingston, a 10min walk from Norbiton BR station (on the line to Waterloo). Have a look at their website for more info : www.afcwimbledon.com

Click on 'matches' for a list of games - we should try and head down for one of the Saturday ones. A few drinks before the game, a bit of football, a few drinks after the game, then on to somewhere else to make a night of it.

Any interest ?

Pat O' Banton
30/12/2004, 1:54 PM
Good shout (although I am lead to believe that ironically enough Wimbledon are not too popular amoungst other teams in the divisions - particularly Kingstonian - having all media attention and comparitively alot of cash to boot.) As I have never been to Kingstonian's ground I wouldn't mind heading out in that direction.

Standard of football can vary wildly, seen a couple of games this year, while there are some nice moves there is also alot of aimless and inaccurate hoofing. For those interested the two grounds I was at (Hendon and Harrow) both had lovely pints of Guinness.

Home to Bashley 29/01/05 sounds a plan to me. Any advances?

dcfcsteve
30/12/2004, 2:00 PM
I'll probably be away on a Burn's Night seisun that weekend I'm afraid Pat O'. Apologies....! The rest of Jan is looking good at the mo (altho me da is threatening to come over for a weekend some time...). Feb's not bad either.

Pat O' Banton
30/12/2004, 3:03 PM
Am busy in Jan, how about v Croydon on the 12/02/05, as long as we start the ball rolling may get others involved.

dcfcsteve
30/12/2004, 4:27 PM
Am busy in Jan, how about v Croydon on the 12/02/05, as long as we start the ball rolling may get others involved.

Ahhhh ******- just looked in me diary and I've got a stag that weekend. The only weekend in Feb when I've got anything on :mad:

Sorry to be a pain. How's about the game on 26th Feb against Corinthian Casuals ? Or there's the away game against Dulwich Hamlet on 22nd January ? Hamlet have a great wee stadium that Sainsbury's built for them as swopsies for their old ground,. Would be a shame not to do a home game in Kingston though, but this would be a good alternative if we couldn't make one.

Pat O' Banton
30/12/2004, 5:04 PM
How can you turn down a chance to watch Corinthian Casuals play? I still kinda hope that they play in massive baggy shorts, have handlebar tashes and would refuse to score penalties as it would be unsporting. :D

Pauro 76
31/12/2004, 11:30 AM
Merry Christmas all. Just back online after the festivities.

I'd like to propose our next meet-up revolve around an AFC Wimbledon game. Most of you probably already know, but AFC are the club that Wimbledon fans set-up themselves when their own club moved to Milton Keynes (one of the FA's most shocking decisions ever...). They get 2,500-3,000 at each game, in a league where everyone else is lucky to have 30 fans; are currently top of the Ryman First Division (3 levels below Conference proper) and are looking good for their second promotion in a row in only their 3rd season in existence. They've also bought their own stadium from Kingstonians purely through fundraising, and are offering it as a facility to fans of anyone team (hence it's called The Fan's Stadium). They could teach most Irish clubs a thing or two about how to organise a club off the pitch... . And they also have a couple of bars at the ground :o)

They play in Kingston, a 10min walk from Norbiton BR station (on the line to Waterloo). Have a look at their website for more info : www.afcwimbledon.com

Click on 'matches' for a list of games - we should try and head down for one of the Saturday ones. A few drinks before the game, a bit of football, a few drinks after the game, then on to somewhere else to make a night of it.

Any interest ?

Actually theres an idea.... Im living in Kingston, and just a short walk away from the ground... Ive a few mates from Kingston and they're Kingstonian fans, having been to a game going to a AFC Wimbledon game will feel like sacrilege! Itll be a good laugh though if your on, and seeing as im working in a bar in Kingston, ive a half-price drinks voucher for cheap beer before the game!!!! :cool: Oh and Happy New Year!

Pat O' Banton
31/12/2004, 12:16 PM
Actually theres an idea.... Im living in Kingston, and just a short walk away from the ground... Ive a few mates from Kingston and they're Kingstonian fans, having been to a game going to a AFC Wimbledon game will feel like sacrilege! Itll be a good laugh though if your on, and seeing as im working in a bar in Kingston, ive a half-price drinks voucher for cheap beer before the game!!!! :cool: Oh and Happy New Year!

You may just become more popular than you ever thought possible :D

Pauro 76
02/01/2005, 1:42 PM
You may just become more popular than you ever thought possible :D

Ehm yeah just a few of us so then!!! dont spread the word or anything!!! how about say next home game Wimbledon are playing? Ill try and find out.....

Babysis
03/01/2005, 12:18 PM
Ehm yeah just a few of us so then!!! dont spread the word or anything!!! how about say next home game Wimbledon are playing? Ill try and find out.....

Can you keep me posted too, sounds like a laugh, especially if the last time everyone met is anything to go by.

Pauro 76
03/01/2005, 5:18 PM
Just checked the website, how about this?

Sat 15/01/05 H Bromley 15.00

A spicier game on the Tuesday though...

Tue 18/01/05 H Kingstonian

let us know what ya think... I can take care of the organising if ya need to, seeing as Im living and working nearby!!

Pat O' Banton
03/01/2005, 5:42 PM
Kingsonian maybe tempting (local affair and all that) but it being mid-week transport back to the hood maybe a bit of a nightmare. Realistically the Corintian game in Feb that Steve mentioned above may be the best one as it gives us a bit of leeway.

So before then pints anyone?

Pauro 76
04/01/2005, 4:46 PM
Count us in for those pints... working Saturday night tho.. Maybe Corinthians on 26th Feb might do the job, weekdays im guessing is awkward, shame the Kingstonian v AFC Wimbledon wasnt a weekend game, K's arent too fond of the Dons i hear.

dcfcsteve
04/01/2005, 6:01 PM
Count us in for those pints... working Saturday night tho.. Maybe Corinthians on 26th Feb might do the job, weekdays im guessing is awkward, shame the Kingstonian v AFC Wimbledon wasnt a weekend game, K's arent too fond of the Dons i hear.

K's fans should stop their jealous moaning - if it wasn't for AFC they'd literally be bust now and their ground would be a B&Q superstore or something. If they'd a decent number of fans themselves they wouldn't have been in financial bother :) At least AFC are nice landlords and happy to let them stay on.

I'm up for an aul' jar whenever ! :D

Pat O' Banton
05/01/2005, 4:41 PM
K's fans should stop their jealous moaning - if it wasn't for AFC they'd literally be bust now and their ground would be a B&Q superstore or something. If they'd a decent number of fans themselves they wouldn't have been in financial bother :) At least AFC are nice landlords and happy to let them stay on.

I'm up for an aul' jar whenever ! :D

Will try to dig out an old When Saturday Comes which I think suggests that AFC have been for from nice landlords and that Kingstonians aren't too pleased with their former tennents.

Don't look at me to organise the cocktail party for as some people on this board will testify I really would struggle to sort out drinks in the brewery.

Pauro 76
06/01/2005, 5:11 PM
Will try to dig out an old When Saturday Comes which I think suggests that AFC have been for from nice landlords and that Kingstonians aren't too pleased with their former tennents.

Don't look at me to organise the cocktail party for as some people on this board will testify I really would struggle to sort out drinks in the brewery.

Ah sure maybe i can organise it seeing as im living near there... No idea why Kingstonian hate Wimbledon, but i reckon its probably sour grapes seeing as AFC Wimbledon have a very healthy fanbase and Kingstonian, well feck all!!! Last game i seen them in action vs Staines Town, only 300 people there. Though there was a banner from Staines fans with the legend "The Staines Massive". They exist! :D

dcfcsteve
10/01/2005, 10:29 PM
Any of the London-based collective thinking of heading over for the Faroes away game ? My usual ireland games posse aren't up for it, but I'm mad keen to go.

Plastic Paddy
11/01/2005, 7:16 AM
Alright Steve, happy New Year mate. Hope all is well. Have a word with our esteemed friend and colleague Pat O'Banton regarding the Faroes. He's your man.

Pauro, any update on a meet at an ACFW game? Something in early March would be ideal for me as I'm in Australia until the end of February and I wouldn't want to miss the meet-up. :)

Babysis
11/01/2005, 8:15 AM
I've signed up for the O'Banton Mystery tour to the Faroe islands. All I know at the moment, is that it's by ferry and takes a week.

sylvo
11/01/2005, 9:15 AM
[QUOTE=Babysis]I've signed up for the O'Banton Mystery tour to the Faroe islands.

Jesus Christ nooooooooo :eek:

sylvo
11/01/2005, 9:18 AM
Any of the London-based collective thinking of heading over for the Faroes away game ? My usual ireland games posse aren't up for it, but I'm mad keen to go.

How's the form Steve.

Meself, Pat, Lopez, Babysis and also Davros will be going to the Faroes, will keep you posted on what we get sorted.

Babysis
11/01/2005, 9:20 AM
[QUOTE=Babysis]I've signed up for the O'Banton Mystery tour to the Faroe islands.

Jesus Christ nooooooooo :eek:

Thanks very much!! Think myself and Pat may need to start up casualty corner again!! :D

Pauro 76
11/01/2005, 10:44 AM
Pauro, any update on a meet at an ACFW game? Something in early March would be ideal for me as I'm in Australia until the end of February and I wouldn't want to miss the meet-up. :)

Know its a bit short notice but AFC Wimbledon v Bromley this Saturday 15th anyone? Early March is out for me, going on my first ski-ing hol!!!

Peadar
11/01/2005, 11:02 AM
Know its a bit short notice but AFC Wimbledon v Bromley this Saturday 15th anyone?

I'm going to Twickenham to see Munster take on Quins.
Probably end up in a boozer watching Prem Plus afterwards.

dcfcsteve
11/01/2005, 12:37 PM
I'm going to Twickenham to see Munster take on Quins.
Probably end up in a boozer watching Prem Plus afterwards.

I'm heading down to the Munster game as well with a couple of muckers, if you fancy a few cheeky beers before/afters ?

Pauro - no AFC for me this weekend I'm afraid, due to the squashed-ball game..

Keep me posted on any Faroes plans Pat/Sylvo etc. It's probably the only time in my life I'll have a reason to go there so I'm keen to try and make it. Just heard from a Derry fan that there's very little accommodation left though.

The Faroes via Rejkjavik would be nice.... :D