PDA

View Full Version : FAI Cup 2014

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

patrickccfc
22/08/2014, 8:26 AM
Tough one for us tonight against bohs.. they have always proved a tough nut to crack which is very frustrating and expect tonight to be no different.. need to perform better than last time out against them.. think we will get through tonight but will be very close, one thing we don't need is a replay

Mr A
22/08/2014, 8:49 AM
http://www.wexfordyouthsfc.ie/match-previews-and-reports/324-preview-wexford-youths-vs-finns-harps-vs-22nd-august-2014

"Don't get me wrong" seems to be popular in Wexford!

I have just noticed that they refer to us as Finns Harps. Such a grievous must not be allowed to stand.

Hopefully our furious vengeance will be confined to football prowess and our otherwise pristine disciplinary record will remain intact.

Louth4sam
22/08/2014, 9:36 AM
Could be worse, we were called Dundalk Utd on two league programs over past couple of seasons.

brendy_éire
22/08/2014, 11:33 AM
A lot of Derry fans being quite dismissive of our match with Malahide tonight. 4,5,6-0 wins being mentioned.
Very short memories......Derry City 0-0 Bluebell United (http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2013/0823/469935-bluebell-united-v-derry-city/)

Candystripe
22/08/2014, 11:41 AM
A lot of Derry fans being quite dismissive of our match with Malahide tonight. 4,5,6-0 wins being mentioned.
Very short memories......Derry City 0-0 Bluebell United (http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2013/0823/469935-bluebell-united-v-derry-city/)

I reckon it'll be at least seven to Derry ;)

wonder88
22/08/2014, 2:32 PM
Galway fc are being called SD Galway every Monday in the Examiner, despite being more of a Mervue club than Salthill. Good luck to Galway fc, utd or even SD, tonight up in Dundalk, it will be a big test for them even if Kenny puts out "cup team". Could Bohs cause a surprise?

Charlie Darwin
22/08/2014, 2:39 PM
They're still called SD Galway by a few media sources. I think Aertel still do.

Dunny
22/08/2014, 7:24 PM
1-0 here in oriel, McDermott

Dunny
22/08/2014, 8:17 PM
2-0 dfc

Dunny
22/08/2014, 8:26 PM
2-1 now

Hitman
22/08/2014, 8:55 PM
City 2-2 Bohs, absolutely got out of jail, De Boez had enough chances to win by at least three goals.

Longfordian
22/08/2014, 9:23 PM
3-0 Rovers in Tallaght. Town put it up to them for long spells but Rovers were just more clinical. Cracking strike from McCabe as well. Large and loud Town crowd there. Next week is far more important for us. Glad to hear Shels have another tough game during the week now too.

BonnieShels
22/08/2014, 9:27 PM
Massive Garda presence coming down the quays at shipping "our boys" from Inchicore.

Joys of our scum.

Charlie Darwin
22/08/2014, 9:58 PM
Massive Garda presence coming down the quays at shipping "our boys" from Inchicore.

Joys of our scum.
Ah, that might explain why there were two Gards in the whole of Tallaght. There was overtime to be had elsewhere so there was no need swamp Whitestown Way with more cops than travelling fans. I assume they'll all be back up for the Sligo game for some more hard-earned overtime.

Pretty poor game in Tallaght. Neither team was up to much and I think were both resting players. Longford play some nice football but once they went with two up front they struggled to hang onto the ball long enough to create anything. Soccy is a terrific player once he's bothered - was my choice for man of the match until he got sent off, which looked like a bit of con from where I was standing.

Charlie Darwin
22/08/2014, 10:16 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BvrO68ZIYAApMCJ.jpg

Legend.

Longfordian
22/08/2014, 10:18 PM
Cowan was particularly wasteful. His sheer pace will get him into great positions but his end product is terrible. Then again he was always better up front, don't know why Cousins has never played him up with O'Sullivan. Sending off was maybe a little harsh but he definitely clipped Jamie Mulhall when he flicked it past him, that was right in front of us. He looked like he would have caught the ball so no real reason to go down I thought. O'Connor celebrating his goal in front of the Town fans was a bit unnecessary but I don't think anyone was too riled up about it.

gormacha
22/08/2014, 10:44 PM
Waterford Utd on an off night, so took myself off to Turners Cross.

How City got a draw is beyond me. Dinny Corcoran alone could have had - should have had - five.

Good game to watch though. Loads of chances, some terrible mistakes, a couple of cracking saves, post hit a few times, played at a good pace, late goals etc etc. Amazingly, Sideeeeeeeeeeee could even have nicked it.

Charlie Darwin
23/08/2014, 12:41 AM
Sending off was maybe a little harsh but he definitely clipped Jamie Mulhall when he flicked it past him, that was right in front of us. He looked like he would have caught the ball so no real reason to go down I thought. O'Connor celebrating his goal in front of the Town fans was a bit unnecessary but I don't think anyone was too riled up about it.
Yeah, O'Connor didn't protest much but I put that down to the fact he's looking forward to a Friday off. Looked like Mulhall kicked his leg back to catch Windy but it happened pretty fast so it's hard to say? What did he do when he was celebrating? Looked to me like he just pumped his fist or something. He doesn't score goals at home so I assume he just didn't know where the home fans were. Or else he wasn't sure which colour Rovers are.

Disgusted to hear what a small number of Shels "fans" were chanting in Inchicore. Baffling considering the lovely tribute they paid to Joe de Hoop.

Flexy
23/08/2014, 10:21 AM
I reckon it'll be at least seven to Derry ;)
Finn Harps at Home in Next round would draw a huge Crowd for a 1/4 final.

patrickccfc
23/08/2014, 11:17 AM
Waterford Utd on an off night, so took myself off to Turners Cross.

How City got a draw is beyond me. Dinny Corcoran alone could have had - should have had - five.

Good game to watch though. Loads of chances, some terrible mistakes, a couple of cracking saves, post hit a few times, played at a good pace, late goals etc etc. Amazingly, Sideeeeeeeeeeee could even have nicked it.
Don't know how we managed it either we were rubbish all night worst I've seen us this year.. bohs should have been 3 up we rode our luck a bit.. could of nicked it at the end which would of been great cos we could of done without the replay really.. bohs seem to have the measure of us this year so I wouldn't be too hopeful on Monday night

Mr A
23/08/2014, 11:22 AM
Finn Harps at Home in Next round would draw a huge Crowd for a 1/4 final.

It sure would. With our disciplinary record I'm not sure a game against Derry is what we need. We'd probably struggle to finish with the requisite 7 players.

Candystripe
23/08/2014, 11:50 AM
Crazy stat with still a few minutes left last night.

Longfordian
23/08/2014, 12:41 PM
Yeah, O'Connor didn't protest much but I put that down to the fact he's looking forward to a Friday off. Looked like Mulhall kicked his leg back to catch Windy but it happened pretty fast so it's hard to say? What did he do when he was celebrating? Looked to me like he just pumped his fist or something. He doesn't score goals at home so I assume he just didn't know where the home fans were. Or else he wasn't sure which colour Rovers are.

Disgusted to hear what a small number of Shels "fans" were chanting in Inchicore. Baffling considering the lovely tribute they paid to Joe de Hoop.

Possibly, it's hard to say without seeing it again but you can see why the ref booked him. Celebration was tame enough by his standards just made his way over to where the Town fans were and stood there showing us his number and soaking up the bit of abuse he got. Like I said above nobody was overly wound up by it, it just seemed a bit pointless. Maybe he just doesn't like red and black stripes.

Martinho II
23/08/2014, 4:11 PM

Joys of our scum.

actually drove past ye coming back from Tolka! was wondering what that was about.

Martinho II
23/08/2014, 4:13 PM

why wot did these so called shels fans sing?

Longfordian
23/08/2014, 5:00 PM
Something like "all the way to Poland to get a heart attack" about the Pats fan that died over there. Real classy stuff.

nigel-harps1954
23/08/2014, 5:44 PM
Harps are through, that's the main thing. Completely dominant first 30 minutes, combined with a lacklusture Wexford performance was enough to see us through. Missed a host of chances to kill the game off before half-time though which was a bit frustrating. Two years in a row in the quarter final, would be nice to go one step further this time around.

Nesta99
23/08/2014, 7:32 PM
Iv'e a feeling that we will draw Harps at home in 1/4's for some reason!

nigel-harps1954
23/08/2014, 8:05 PM
Iv'e a feeling that we will draw Harps at home in 1/4's for some reason!

Wouldn't complain to be honest. We're after a relatively big draw and a few quid, anything else is a bonus.

razor
24/08/2014, 3:52 PM
St Michaels 0-0 Avondale Utd FT

nigel-harps1954
24/08/2014, 5:51 PM
Ballynanty 0-4 Drogheda FT

sadloserkid
24/08/2014, 7:26 PM
St Michaels 0-0 Avondale Utd FT

Any idea when and where the replay will be yet?

Hitman
24/08/2014, 8:37 PM
Any idea when and where the replay will be yet?

St.Michaels 0, Avondale 0. Replay at Avondale next Saturday k.o. 6pm.

http://foot.ie/threads/188637-FAI-Senior-Cup-2014?p=1774171&viewfull=1#post1774171

shep
25/08/2014, 8:21 PM
Bohs 1 up not long left

Charlie Darwin
25/08/2014, 9:10 PM
Another Cork City game in Dublin and another rare trip for the opposition physio onto the field of play. Daniel Byrne taken off in agony, presumably having slipped on a skateboard or something.

Yossarian
25/08/2014, 9:21 PM
Another Cork City game in Dublin and another rare trip for the opposition physio onto the field of play. Daniel Byrne taken off in agony, presumably having slipped on a skateboard or something.

Well it definitely wouldn't have been the result of over physical play from Cork. No siree.

Dalymountrower
25/08/2014, 9:26 PM
Good battling performance from Bohs.Cork poor enough again.Played them four times this season, iwo wins two draws..

El-Pietro
25/08/2014, 10:07 PM

Well it definitely wouldn't have been the result of over physical play from Cork. No siree.
To be fair there was nothing in that challenge.

razor
25/08/2014, 10:17 PM
Us, over physical?
Our last two trips to Dublin before tonight resulted in two of our players being taken away by ambulance.

Charlie Darwin
25/08/2014, 10:42 PM
Us, over physical?
Our last two trips to Dublin before tonight resulted in two of our players being taken away by ambulance.
Neither was the result of the opposition (I assume you mean Lehane in Tallaght and Lenihan in Dalymount). I didn't say Cork were over-physical, was just having a crack at CityRebel and his notions that Cork players are too polite to put in a tough challenge.

PartySaint
25/08/2014, 11:25 PM
From journo Neil O'Riordan who was at the game tonight.

'@noriordan: It's probably my Dublin/anti-Cork bias but it sure looks to me like City like to get stuck in which might explain why players get booked.'

Must be a Pats fan..

Charlie Darwin
25/08/2014, 11:26 PM
Don't know if you're beinserious but he's a Bohez.

Sidefx
26/08/2014, 8:44 AM
Don't know if you're beinserious but he's a Bohez.

Whatever he is - it is a good reflecting on the "performance" of CCFC last night - what football skills they lack is made up for with brawn.
[cue righteous indignation from the moral majority:)]

razor
26/08/2014, 9:45 AM
From journo Neil O'Riordan who was at the game tonight.

'@noriordan: It's probably my Dublin/anti-Cork bias but it sure looks to me like City like to get stuck in which might explain why players get booked.'

Spot on from O'Riordan

It is his anti-Cork bias.

No one likes us, we don't care. :D

Nice pic in Irish Times this morning.

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer/national-league/dinny-corcoran-books-bohemians-place-in-quarter-final-draw-1.1907814
has the ball nicked off him? :D

CityRebel
26/08/2014, 9:49 AM
Neither was the result of the opposition (I assume you mean Lehane in Tallaght and Lenihan in Dalymount). I didn't say Cork were over-physical, was just having a crack at CityRebel and his notions that Cork players are too polite to put in a tough challenge.
I never said that. Our players can match the physicality of any other team in the league.

Nailor
26/08/2014, 10:19 AM
Anyone know when this draw is? Thought they said on Soccer Republic it was at 11 AM ?? No information about it on FAI, RTE, Extratime, Airtricity site, all the major Irish newspaper sites , Not a thing.

Mr A
26/08/2014, 10:21 AM
5pm according to post on the Harps forum.

desaintsno.12
26/08/2014, 11:16 AM
Bohs winning was a victory for football !!!

razor
26/08/2014, 11:31 AM
Bohs winning was a victory for football !!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JjNC96lNHI

Charlie Darwin
26/08/2014, 12:40 PM
I never said that. Our players can match the physicality of any other team in the league.
Yeah, we know.