PDA

View Full Version : Celtic Discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

eoinh
13/05/2003, 5:21 PM
Originally posted by Niamh_GalwayGal
??

I ONLY LIKE SOCCER FOR THE CUTE PLAYERS!!!! YAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Huh betcha dont care about me liking celtic now

if it was based on cuteness we'ld all be Cork City fans.

Everybody knows that us Cork lads are all Flas :D

Scotsman
13/05/2003, 5:37 PM
Hey Conor I was referring to club teams - Maybe you never fully understood that.

Slag away mate - Give it your best shot as A Face - Pretty Ugly one I bet you, fails miserably.

Gary
13/05/2003, 5:52 PM
Threads merged again.

Why must people always start a new thread on an existing discussion.

:rolleyes:

eoinh
13/05/2003, 5:55 PM
Originally posted by GWA
Threads merged again.

Why must people always start a new thread on an existing discussion.

:rolleyes:

Arent you asking a question and so starting a new thread on an old thread?

Just asking :confused:

Gary
13/05/2003, 6:28 PM
Originally posted by eoinh
Arent you asking a question and so starting a new thread on an old thread?

Just asking :confused:

No, i wasnt starting a thread, i was contributing to a thread. Starting a "thread" is starting a new topic.

Colm
13/05/2003, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by foxymm
It is an absolute disgrace the stuff that has been written about our fellow Irish and Celts of Glasgow. How do you call yourself Irish? I've never seen such rubbish written by so-called 'Irish' of the republican rebel county. Whats up with the loads of Cork people coming onto the site blasting Celtic fans as "plastic paddies" and claiming that they don't support their local soccer team in the eircom league. This is pure and utter nonsense. I'm a celts fan along with alot of my mates and we have great pride in the national league and we support our local teams week in week out. So for those of you who use this site soley to attack Celtic and her fervent Irish Nationalistic sentiment, heritage and tradition do us a favour - stay off the site and join the orangemen at Drumcree. Im sure "sammy", "mervyn" and the boys will be delighted to have you seeing as you hate celtic.

True Bhoy Tir Chonaill

Take your ignorant bigoted views elsewhere.
We could do without the likes of you on foot.ie

A face
14/05/2003, 2:24 AM
Originally posted by Scotsman
Slag away mate - Give it your best shot as A Face - Pretty Ugly one I bet you, fails miserably.

Last entries for the Yawnathon please .... Last entries !!

sadloserkid
14/05/2003, 9:11 AM
I ONLY LIKE SOCCER FOR THE CUTE PLAYERS!!!! YAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Hmmm... that gives me an idea...

Scotsman
14/05/2003, 10:27 AM
To say that ALL Celtic fans suport Celtic because they hate protestants is stupid!!

I am married to a protestant - Her family are all Rangers daft - Season book holders!!!

My old man was a protestant who turned catholic when marrying my mum.

I have uncles who are in the Orange walk and lodge!!

You lot talk about Celtic and Scotland as if you know what you are talking about - You actually know zero about both!!

Alot of Celtic fans are protestants - I know of plenty.

Yes there's bigotry - Both in Scotland and in Irleland - Do I need to go into details - For Celtic to hate Rangers is normal as they are our rivals.

With ref to Hibs - Glasgow is the largest city in Scotland - With Edinburgh being smaller Hibs do not have as many fans as Celtic.

More Irishmen came to Glasgow than Edinburgh - Hence the affiliation.

Celtic market to Irish peole because there is alot of Irish fans and they travel over, so Celtic market towards them to keep them suporting and also in a way of saying thankyou.

Celtic are massive - Even if they didn't have Irish fans they would still be big as alot of ex pats start supporters clubs etc..

Obviously with another nation behind them it increases the support - Look at Man Utd - How many English people support them compared to their fan base!!

Leave the talk of Celtic to people who know what they are talking about!!!

Anyway - Viva Espana - C'mon the Hoops!!

Macy
14/05/2003, 10:41 AM
tbh I'm not going to trawl all the way back through the thread to see if this point has been made before, but Scotsman I think most of the derogtory celtic posts are about the Irish supporters and their reasons for supporting them. You can say what you like about the history etc but the likes of foxymm would represent at least a significant part of Celtics Irish fan base.... All the other points could be argued about many other British clubs, and make celtic the same as, not different from other British clubs....

Bosco
14/05/2003, 4:23 PM
I have read this thread since it started and lets face it,its gone arse-ways.
Scotsman; you came on this site asking why peole hated celtic soo much.
We replied by saying we did not hate celtic but we did not agree with people going to celtic park week after week and then snubing our own league.

Its now come to the point where you are telling us to stop talking about something(celtic)we know nothing about and why should we know anything about them.I do like celtic not support them but like them and I would be dissapointed if they don't win in seville or don't win the league.
I understand some people who have supported celtic all their lives when there may have been no club to follow locally and at this point can not turn,but still attend el matches and follow el clubs as maybe second teams.
I support Longford town passionately but i also support aston villa as a second team.I do take pride in aston villa as i'v supported them since i was 5 and it is hard to turn back but i do have Lt as my first team.

As for scotsman this thread is about not supporting our league not what we think of celtic cos frankly most of us couldn't care less about celtic.So when you say stop taking about something we know nothing about remember you haven't a clue about irish soccer so could you please direct yourself to a scottish football website unless you have something important to say.
And Foxmm or whatever the gosans name is you need a slap.

James
14/05/2003, 4:27 PM
Originally posted by Scotsman
Celtic market to Irish peole because there is alot of Irish fans and they travel over, so Celtic market towards them to keep them suporting and also in a way of saying thankyou.

WHAT sellthick market to the irish as a way of saying thankyou
hahahhahaha nothing to do with the money the pay into sellthicks coffers

Scotsman
14/05/2003, 4:28 PM
I mentioned that Celtic were massive - I have been provoked on several occasions - Several times I have defended my team and Country - I see no wrong in that.

If Conor you had read some posts from me, you would actually see that I had enquired about Irish football and that I also wished Irish and Scottish football was really brilliant.

I didn't come on this Forum to argue - I could stay in the house with the wife for that!

Anyway you're quite right I shouldn't make comments on Irish football as I have no knowledge of teams, infrastructure etc..

I have made non-derogative comments about the Republic of Ireland team, heaping praise on the team performances.

As a Scotsman I like the Irish - Typical thinking - Like the Irish, Welsh and not England.

I have also acknowledged on numerous occasions that I understand your debate and can sympathise - Don't mean to sound condescending.

Posts from Face and Neil I may have taking the wrong way - But hey I'm big enough to admit when I'm wrong and if I perceived their posts wrong then I apologise.

Cheers - Time for a wee dram I think!!

Scotsman
14/05/2003, 4:44 PM
Hey Bosco lets clear up a few things here.

I know you guys don't care for Celtic.

Has no bearing on me.

I know you all mostly support your local teams.

That's cool.

I know what you think of the SPL - I think that also but I recognise achievements from the past and have a full understanding of the league as being from Scotland.

I hate Scots who support Celtic and think their Irish - Some may have an Irish surname but that's as much Irish as they are!!

I hate Scots who support the Republic over Scotland because they support Celtic - Just like Rangers fans who support England becuase of the Crown.

Anyway enough of that mince.

You question Irish who support Celtic and I question the above.

Why worry about it - What will be will be.

Personally I think people in Ireland or anywhere else outwith England who support Man Utd and the like are glory hunters.

Personal opinion - Not stating it's right but it's my opinion.

Ta

:ball:

Scotsman
14/05/2003, 4:57 PM
I see you feel strongly about that Conor!!

Do you really not like them?

eoinh
14/05/2003, 5:03 PM
HMM the Welsh :(

its hard to get worked up about them really, isnt it?

King arthur was welsh, i suppose. Thats it. Oh and Tom Jones.

Scotsman
14/05/2003, 5:07 PM
Auch their Ok - Well some of them - Their certainly not the worst.

That would be Engurland that's one of the worst

Niamh_GalwayGal
14/05/2003, 6:54 PM
their soccer team is kickin ass right now, tis like us a few years ago, except with a better FA.....its amazin all the good players they have, bellamy, davis, hartson, speed, earnshaw....

sadloserkid
15/05/2003, 8:14 AM
its amazin all the good players they have, bellamy, davis, hartson, speed, earnshaw....

Not to mention Giggs and my favourite player in England Robbie Savage!

Niamh_GalwayGal
15/05/2003, 5:05 PM
savage scares me. I mean have you seen that hair style

A face
16/05/2003, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by Conor74
got a taste of their infamous hospitality.

What was that .... a Sell-Thick Smile is it ??

:)

max power
23/05/2003, 9:42 AM
i know a lot of people won't like what i just said but i do hate them, THEY ARE NOT IRISH !!!! every **** who has ever told me that i should support celtic because i'm irish annoys me, they don't even support their local club and yet they can tell me i'm not irish because i don't support a SCOTISH CLUB. bugger off and play with the traffic on the M50 !!!

I for one was glad they lost the other night and i hope they don't win the league either.

gustavo
23/05/2003, 9:54 AM
i dont hate celtic i mean i amnt gonna gloat on here if they lose tho i have no chip on my shoulder about them i just think their fans here are sad and deluded.

Macy
23/05/2003, 10:14 AM
I agree, I wouldn't go to that extreme.... when it comes down to it I'd rather they won than those bigots at Ibrox*....

*Because they're racist, NF loving bigots....

noby
23/05/2003, 10:37 AM
you seem to have alot of built up anger for a team that plays in a different country. Just as well you don't hate the other 11 teams in the SPL, or your head might explode!

max power
23/05/2003, 10:45 AM
if noel king played for celtic then my head would explose, i really hate celtic, i like to see them loose.

fonzi
23/05/2003, 10:46 AM
hang on a mo there!
why do you hate celtic. what have they ever done to you?
i think youre mixing up the idea of Celtic Football Club plc and there large minority of biggoted fans.
by saying 'hate' aswell kind of defeats youre argument you know.
both sides can be as bigoted as the other.
it's just that a lot of irish have a serious identity crisis.

max power
23/05/2003, 10:54 AM
i hate celtic because of every **** who has ever told me i should support them, TOLD ME I SHOULD !!!

every time i see the jersey i avoid the person, i just can't stand them, i'm a united supporter and when they player liverpool the best result for me would have been for someone to blow up the whole lot of them !!!!

and yes i do support a foriegn team, but i don't pretend they are irish and i put my own local club first !!!!!

noby
23/05/2003, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by fonzi

both sides can be as bigoted as the other.

funny that. No-one mentioned Rangers, but scottish footie seems to revolve around the two of them, hate one - love the other.sad really. reminds me of a guy I know who 'supports' spurs, so he hates arsenal, as if it's part of the deal.

Personally, this season i've been following the fortunes of Dunfermline (Dempsey & Huntie), and was delighted to see them do well against the old firm.

parnell ranger
23/05/2003, 11:20 AM
"they don't even support their local club and yet they can tell me i'm not irish because i don't support a SCOTISH CLUB"

Theres nothing wrong with supporting different or numerous clubs.
Its all about the game not owing blind allegiance to any particular club or team.
im sure the supporters of drumcondra,E.M.F.A., Cork hibs etc didnt commit hare kire ,they support soccer be it irish scottish or whatever.
hatred has no place in football,
its only a game.

cheers

Tom Peppers
23/05/2003, 11:44 AM
Maybe ye down at longford (macy and dj ) so, should start a i hate celtic football club fan club if ye hate them so much. Personally i think ye are sad. Having so much passion for a team that ye hate, it speaks volumes. DJ your speech was very touching and all about the everytime i see the jersey i avoid the person, but heres some advice. Go see a psychiatrist. You seem to have some real issues.

max power
23/05/2003, 11:56 AM
i don't live in longford i'm from there, but this blind belief that i MUST support celtic because i'm irish gets to me, but what gets to me more is that these "people" don't support a real irish team and there only answer when you ask them why they don't is " ah sure irish irish soccer is sh*** ! but from what i've seen scotish soccer isn't much better, we drew with kilmarnock, bohs beat aberdeen etc.

support your own before beofre you tell me who i sholud support !!!

i avoid the jersey in case i have to listen to the same c*** again, again and again !!!

Scotsman
23/05/2003, 12:00 PM
I think you need to calm down DJ.

You are entitiled to hate who ever you want - Let us focus on your hate - It's seems to me your hate is more with your fellow Irishmen stating that you NEED to support Celtic.

Has Celtic football club ever stated this??

Have you ever spoken with Scottish Celtic fans??

If you have, did they state you had to support Celtic??

I have spoken to alot of Irish who prefer Man Utd etc..

I personally have NO problem with them not supporting Celtic.

Celtic play in a league not as good as the EPL but being a Celtic fan know how special Celtic are to me.

Go have a nice wee drink mate and have one for me.

Cheers

max power
23/05/2003, 12:06 PM
i spoke to a few scotish celtic fans and they were worse with the irish thing, but at least they knew about the club and it was their local home club,

i just hate celtic and thats how i feel, whoever supports them is fine with me, just don't tell me i should support them because i'm irish. i am irish and from longford and i support Longford town and always will no matter where i am on the planet.

oh yeah i have to hate Athlone too.....but that is to be expected

and i'll leave the drink until monday when king comes on..it will numb the whole experience

Macy
23/05/2003, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by Tom Peppers
Maybe ye down at longford (macy and dj ) so, should start a i hate celtic football club fan club if ye hate them so much.
I don't hate them, and never said I did....

Tom Peppers
23/05/2003, 12:12 PM
But who mentioned not supporting an el team dj. I support Cork City and they are my number one team. But i love celtic also and are proud of their irish connections and the same with HIBS. I have been known to cheer on hibs against celtic. But your hatred goes way beyond warrant. And if the majority of the population dont support el teams its not your fault. You dont have to fight the whole world you know

max power
23/05/2003, 12:16 PM
tom if you read what i said above i said about those who support celtci TELL ME i should do so as well and don't support a el team and from meeting a lot of people through my job this seems to be at least 80% of the fans i have spoken with, i hate celtic thats how i feel.

Scotsman
23/05/2003, 12:28 PM
Well those Scots were just idiots then.

Listen hate who you want mate - Celtic are a fabulous club and I am proud to support them as a Scotsman and support them as a Scottish team with Irish links.

Cheers

max power
23/05/2003, 12:35 PM
as i said above support who you like and good luck to ya, but to those idiots don't tell me who to support.

parnell ranger
23/05/2003, 12:47 PM
"oh yeah i have to hate Athlone too.....but that is to be expected "

wow we're in exalted company today....celtic n athlone
all that hatred no wonder ye're fightin amongst ureselves.
theres only 1 L in looney.

cheers

:o

max power
23/05/2003, 12:50 PM
yeah and theres only one town in the premier division !!!!!

Scotsman
23/05/2003, 1:48 PM
People too much fuss about this hatred at Celtic.

Is it not Irish rebel tunes they sing!!

This surely indicates bigotry in Ireland.

People have short memories!!

max power
23/05/2003, 1:54 PM
wuth respect scotsman you don't live here and have to listen to the c*** talk of the celtic fans, i don't just hate them for no reason and i'm not the only one who does, read other threads , people turned off rte the other night because of the biased commentry, you would expect that for the national team but not for some scotish team, and sorry to say it but that is all they are to a lot of us just another scotish team.

why are celtic disliked/hated by people that is what you have to ask yourself....i told you why i have no time for them.

Éanna
23/05/2003, 1:55 PM
Being a fan of celtic I as very disappointed with their loss on wednesday night, but on the other hand listening to some of the bullsh!t their "fans" in Ireland were coming out with nearly made me start running to ibrox. One joker (from Dublin) informed me that if Celtic won, they should fly into Dublin and parade through the streets, and THEN go to glasgow!!!!!!!!!!!! Scotsman; this is the type of idiot we have to deal with- maybe that will help you see why people over here get narky every time they hear the name celtic! :rolleyes: :confused:

P.S. Diving Portuguese gits- get them next year ;)

max power
23/05/2003, 2:01 PM
Originally posted by Éanna
Being a fan of celtic I as very disappointed with their loss on wednesday night, but on the other hand listening to some of the bullsh!t their "fans" in Ireland were coming out with nearly made me start running to ibrox. One joker (from Dublin) informed me that if Celtic won, they should fly into Dublin and parade through the streets, and THEN go to glasgow!!!!!!!!!!!! Scotsman; this is the type of idiot we have to deal with- maybe that will help you see why people over here get narky every time they hear the name celtic! :rolleyes: :confused:

P.S. Diving Portuguese gits- get them next year ;)

thank you that is the typical stuff i'm hearing the whole time

scotsman if you had a scotish person telling you that you should supoport an irish team because they have scotish links what would you think and what if this person told you scotish soccer was rubbish and not worth watching and that you were wasting your time supporting an auld scotish mickey mouse club

you would not be happy and try and listen to that week i week out

Dricky
23/05/2003, 2:09 PM
It's a football team 11 against 11, whats there to hate about that,
Love thy neighbour just make sure you beat them home and away!!!!
Most people seem to agree here that it's the fans that are the hated ones rather than the team itself.

Follow who you want,

Éanna
23/05/2003, 2:20 PM
exactly dricky. I like Celtic because I like O'Neil as a manager, because they are a club with a great history and because their travelling support is incredible, all things I admire. As for rangers, well they have some good players and an excellent manager- can't argue with that. My only problem is with the sectarian crap some of their fans sing- not all, I know a few rangers fans and don't have a problem with them, nor them with me. It's only a big deal if you want it to be..

but as for that idiot and his parade in dooooblin.............

UCD_4_Life
23/05/2003, 3:33 PM
"Diving *******s" was all I heard for the entire day yesterday. I must've seen about a hundred people in Celtic jerseys too.

Claims that Celtic were "cheated" out of the cup and "they deserved to win". People had a massive chip on their shoulder just because of the diving and Celtic losing. The front page (yes FRONT page) was a picture of Thompson with the headline "100,000 broken hearts". When was the last time Shels or Bohs even got on the back page when they went out of Europe?

Pages 4,5,6,7 and 52, 53,54,55,56 and the back page were also draped in green and white with so called fans Rod Stewart and other pseudo-celebs pictured at the game or in Celtic jerseys.

I used to "follow" Celtic but their fans have completely turned me off the club. I felt sorry for them and their real fans on Wednesday but I couldn't have been happier for everyone in Ireland who supports them and not an eL club.

patsh
23/05/2003, 5:27 PM
I have no real interest in any soccer team outside this country, but one or 2 observations.
The main objections here seem to be to the crap spouted by Irish Celtic fans. I realise this can be extremely annoying, but hating the club because of them seems illogical.
Surely the thread should be called "I hate Celtic's Irish fans" ?

While there may well be a sizeable number of bigoted fans attached to Celtic, (most) fans of the other club Rangers, are a disgrace in the modern world. The level, intensity and type of sectarian chanting and attitudes associated with this club is unmatched anywhere in the world, and would not be tolerated in any other country I can think of.

A face
23/05/2003, 5:53 PM
You just gotta love it ......

27 odd posts with the majority expressing a hate for Sell-Thick

Sell-Thick are Scaughtish and nothing will ever ever change it :)

I hope they lose the league .... fingers crossed.