PDA

View Full Version : Attendances 2018

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18

ToberonaTornado
24/08/2018, 9:47 PM
1823 Dundalk v Harps which was a bit disappointing considering the discounted tix on offer:rolleyes:
Bout 70 in from Harps i'd guess:confused:

nigel-harps1954
24/08/2018, 11:21 PM
Disappointing night all round really. Expected a lot more Harps traveling but many saving up work hours for playoffs it seems.

patrickccfc
25/08/2018, 8:07 AM
1,016 at the cross. That 16 was around the amount of maynooth fans.

pineapple stu
25/08/2018, 8:36 AM
Bit over 100 in Greenogue

ToberonaTornado
29/08/2018, 1:14 AM
2657 official for Dundalk v Shams :D

ToberonaTornado
29/08/2018, 1:55 AM
2657 official for Dundalk v Shams :D

Tax audit jobby :rolleyes:

oriel
29/08/2018, 8:44 AM
No tax impact, only Derry are liable for VAT on gate receipts in the LOI. I was in the stand (first half) then the uncovered open seating area (town side) for the second, I couldn’t believe the crowd there, as you can’t fully see it from the stand.

There was def more there last night than the Bohs game (just over 3k), I would say 3,200 would have been more accurate. Not sure reason why 2,657 was reported.

sbgawa
29/08/2018, 8:53 AM
No tax impact, only Derry are liable for VAT on gate receipts in the LOI. I was in the stand (first half) then the uncovered open seating area (town side) for the second, I couldn’t believe the crowd there, as you can’t fully see it from the stand.

There was def more there last night than the Bohs game (just over 3k), I would say 3,200 would have been more accurate. Not sure reason why 2,657 was reported.

There may be no VAT impact for clubs in under declaring gates as there is no VAT on tickets but if the club is running at a profit then corporation tax would be payable.
Its unlikely that DFC will be making a profit this year but it would have been relevant for 2016 or in future years with progression through a few rounds in Europe.

Ezeikial
29/08/2018, 5:30 PM

I've no idea on the motivation for mis-reporting the attendance, but there is no way that the crowd was only 443 above the 2214 quoted for the shared-gate FAI Cup match against Cobh

EatYerGreens
29/08/2018, 11:18 PM
There may be no VAT impact for clubs in under declaring gates as there is no VAT on tickets but if the club is running at a profit then corporation tax would be payable.
Its unlikely that DFC will be making a profit this year but it would have been relevant for 2016 or in future years with progression through a few rounds in Europe.

I'm not saying this necessarily happens, but undeclaring attendances would also give a club more cash I hand - and thereby a means to pay some bills off the books/without paying VAT on them. Attendances don't attract VAT, but a lot of things that clubs have to pay for do.

oriel
31/08/2018, 10:33 AM
I was talking to at least 3 or 4 DFC fans since the figure was released and its actually bordering on the disbelief they read out that attendance v Rovers.

The general opinion was it was around the 3,500 mark, Rovers to be fair took a decent amount up for a Tuesday, including well filled allocation in the stand.

Kingswood Rover
31/08/2018, 4:51 PM
I was talking to at least 3 or 4 DFC fans since the figure was released and its actually bordering on the disbelief they read out that attendance v Rovers.

The general opinion was it was around the 3,500 mark, Rovers to be fair took a decent amount up for a Tuesday, including well filled allocation in the stand.
Looking at it on the rte Twitter and there was deffo over 3 k. Never a penno but swings and roundabouts.

redarmyfaction
31/08/2018, 9:02 PM
Looking at it on the rte Twitter and there was deffo over 3 k. Never a penno but swings and roundabouts.

I don't see a lot of opportunity for clubs to save money by making cash payments , except to players

nigel-harps1954
01/09/2018, 6:38 AM
966 at Harps v Galway with no away fans at all. Galway going very poorly at the minute, but I don't recall a time before when no Galway fans traveled to a game in Finn Park.

CorribsideSteve
01/09/2018, 12:34 PM
966 at Harps v Galway with no away fans at all. Galway going very poorly at the minute, but I don't recall a time before when no Galway fans traveled to a game in Finn Park.
The season has been an unmitigated, total disaster. There was a belief that we would be in the position UCD are in now. Finn Harps have really turned a corner since the last few months though.

nigel-harps1954
01/09/2018, 1:53 PM
The season has been an unmitigated, total disaster. There was a belief that we would be in the position UCD are in now. Finn Harps have really turned a corner since the last few months though.

Many would have had Galway as favourites from the word go alright. We've really turned a corner indeed, 7 wins and a 0-0 draw in our last 8 games since a 3-1 loss to UCD before the mid-season break. Rather funny, 7 clean sheets in those 8 games as well, Athlone Town the only ones to score against us in the league since the mid-season break.

pineapple stu
01/09/2018, 2:51 PM
About 400 in United Park last night for Drogheda v UCD. Never known the place to be so quiet

Pete Mahon among those in the away end

sbgawa
01/09/2018, 11:10 PM
Many would have had Galway as favourites from the word go alright. We've really turned a corner indeed, 7 wins and a 0-0 draw in our last 8 games since a 3-1 loss to UCD before the mid-season break. Rather funny, 7 clean sheets in those 8 games as well, Athlone Town the only ones to score against us in the league since the mid-season break.

Harps will be a popular choice to come e back up.
It won't be easy

Mr A
02/09/2018, 1:03 AM
It won't be easy

Just as well. The Harps and easy don't mix.

Shearer
02/09/2018, 8:13 PM
It won't be easy
Because everyone loves a trip to Ballybofey, home of the worst pitch and grounds in Ireland - Are you serious!?!

sbgawa
02/09/2018, 8:57 PM
Friendly place always a good trip.
Olly Horgan. Good for the league to have a team in Donegal. Plus they are building a stadium

nigel-harps1954
02/09/2018, 11:06 PM
Because everyone loves a trip to Ballybofey, home of the worst pitch and grounds in Ireland - Are you serious!?!

I don't see what's not to like about that.

redobit
03/09/2018, 2:18 AM
Friendly place always a good trip.
Olly Horgan. Good for the league to have a team in Donegal. Plus they are building a stadium

The Harps and Shams odd luv in continues. They have been building a stadium for 10 years ffs. Ballybofey is a farmers yard. If they get promoted it will be on credit but Shearer is right, the ground is an imbarrasment to the Premier.

sbgawa
03/09/2018, 8:57 AM
Its not that odd surely,, we cant hate everyone :)
TBF recent announcements on the stadium show progress and eventually if you wait long enough the bus always comes.

marinobohs
03/09/2018, 10:00 AM
Its not that odd surely,, we cant hate everyone :)
TBF recent announcements on the stadium show progress and eventually if you wait long enough the bus always comes.

but these is no direct bus route from.................;)

redarmyfaction
03/09/2018, 9:16 PM
Friendly place Shamrock supporters may have something in common with the queen they like to sing about up in the Brandywell, that is they experience life differently to others. The queen thinks the world smells of fresh paint and the Shams fans think Ireland is an unfriendly place.

sbgawa
03/09/2018, 9:20 PM
The world is a friendly place , Donegal is a particularly friendly place. You should try and be more positive

Shearer
03/09/2018, 9:21 PM
The world is a friendly place , Donegal is a particularly friendly place. You should try and be more positive
This is the League of Ireland Premier Division, not the Hall of The Super Best Friends.

sbgawa
03/09/2018, 9:24 PM
So your saying there are no places you prefer for away trips and have no preferences for where u go or who u play? Seems strange to me

placid casual
04/09/2018, 6:38 AM
Shamrock supporters may have something in common with the queen they like to sing about up in the Brandywell, that is they experience life differently to others. The queen thinks the world smells of fresh paint and the Shams fans think Ireland is an unfriendly place.
Not at all, just the LOI has an abundance of bitter little fools.
Now if only I had an example of one....

Mr A
04/09/2018, 9:01 AM
I think someone just needs a hug.

mcgonigle
04/09/2018, 1:00 PM
I think someone just needs a hug.

Or a timeout

dundalkfc10
04/09/2018, 4:20 PM
So your saying there are no places you prefer for away trips and have no preferences for where u go or who u play? Seems strange to me

Apart from the wonderful away end in Oriel, my favourite away end would have to be Drogheda. Proper atmosphere

ToberonaTornado
04/09/2018, 7:22 PM
Would anyone have an official attendance for Lims v Dundalk from Friday?

listowelceltic
04/09/2018, 9:45 PM
Would anyone have an official attendance for Lims v Dundalk from Friday?

didnt hear the attendace called out but think i read somewhere 955 ??.looked about right..alot of empty seats in home stand

ToberonaTornado
04/09/2018, 11:07 PM
didnt hear the attendace called out but think i read somewhere 955 ??.looked about right..alot of empty seats in home stand
Thanks listowelceltic,i will be down your direction for the harvest festival and racing next week.👍 👍

Charlie Darwin
05/09/2018, 12:32 AM
The Harps and Shams odd luv in continues. They have been building a stadium for 10 years ffs
Exactly. They're the only ones who understand what it's like to stare longingly at a half-built stand for a decade hoping somebody else will finish it while their team plays on a cabbage patch. Kindred spirits <3

Lim till i die
05/09/2018, 9:28 AM

I was on the popular (heh heh) side and would have said 650, 700 absolute max.

There's no way there was 955 there but shur if that's what theyre giving leave them off.

You wont get an attendance announced at a Limerick game for the rest of the season. Stopped doing it weeks ago when they realised everyone was gone.

ToberonaTornado
07/09/2018, 7:18 PM
1181 attendance Longford v Cork

nigel-harps1954
07/09/2018, 7:45 PM
1181 attendance Longford v Cork

Christ, very surprised by that. Looks a fair bit lower on the TV.

CorribsideSteve
07/09/2018, 8:14 PM
One of the few grounds in Ireland with seats on all four sides. Looks nice on TV. One of the stands looks near full, and place holds 6 K i think, so attendance looks accurate enough. Must be lifeless when there are 400 people there though.

nigel-harps1954
07/09/2018, 9:00 PM
One of the few grounds in Ireland with seats on all four sides. Looks nice on TV. One of the stands looks near full, and place holds 6 K i think, so attendance looks accurate enough. Must be lifeless when there are 400 people there though.

Holds something just over 4,000 I think?

CorribsideSteve
07/09/2018, 9:47 PM
Holds something just over 4,000 I think?

Ah, my mistake. Thought I saw somewhere before that it was either 6 or 6.5 k.

Longfordian
07/09/2018, 9:49 PM
One of the ends is unusable. I think official capacity is somewhere around 4.5k. Main stand holds 1,500.

CorribsideSteve
07/09/2018, 10:35 PM
It's a pity that it's fallen to such a state of disrepair then. I remember it made the news back in the early '00's before a European game, some Bulgarian crowd. Volunteers and fans furiously laying down seats and getting the place ready. Always seemed to me like too many seats. Very few teams, maybe only the current top 4 or 5, can fill their stadiums regularly.

Longfordian
07/09/2018, 10:52 PM
Yeah, in short the work that was done that time wasn’t up to a proper standard so we had to do most of it all over again in 2004, the next time we were in Europe. Money didn’t stretch to doing the far end and there hasn’t been either the money or a need since. We couldn’t really afford to do it in the first place, there was no grant money in place. It was a bit of a “field of dreams” exercise but we’re still alive as a club at least thanks largely to one or two people.

Martinho II
08/09/2018, 8:26 PM
the last time there was a crowd in the far end of our ground I think was the league cup final in 04.

oriel
08/09/2018, 8:35 PM
Is this the end that Cork were attacking into for the second half? Almost sure I saw a few in it, maybe it was stewards?

I've only been once, the non main stand sides all need covered, but it's still a fine ground, no issues with parking and easy access to get back on the main roads etc.

Pitch looked perfect also last night.

Longfordian
09/09/2018, 1:57 PM
It would have been yeah. Usually there are a few stewards there to retrieve any balls that end up in there. For the league cup final people ended up sitting there because the far side of the ground was more or less full that night. They weren’t really supposed to but nobody was going to kick them out.

oriel
09/09/2018, 2:46 PM
Why is that area behind the far goal not useable ? It is access problems? Looked OK from the tv angle.

I posted on another thread on the overall attendances, I think for the 3 QF games, the total won't have been more than 3k, that's a desperate situation, granted if all 3 away teams were at home it would have been probably around 10k, but this was still cup QF.