PDA

View Full Version : Limerick Division 1A 2011/12

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

Zizou
15/06/2011, 5:49 PM
We're back training... (Kind of)
:ball:

Granville Rangers
Ballananty Rovers B
Fairview Rangers B
Pike Rovers B
Shannon Town
Shannon Hibs
Charleville
Croom Utd
Mungret
Caherconlish
Geraldines
Caherdavin

Should be one hell of a season chaps.

abbeyvale
15/06/2011, 10:48 PM

Granville Rangers
Ballananty Rovers B
Fairview Rangers B
Pike Rovers B
Shannon Town
Shannon Hibs
Charleville
Croom Utd
Mungret
Caherconlish
Geraldines
Caherdavin

Should be one hell of a season chaps.

One hell of a season with only 9 teams in the hunt for promotion!!!!

Mungret are my favourites for the league, plus any other from Shannon Town, Caherdavin, Dines & Shannon Hibs for promotion.

blueboy2
15/06/2011, 11:17 PM
I think you will see a lot of last years 1 A players going to premier teams to make up their squads with this new rule coming in.

theboywonder8
16/06/2011, 10:50 AM
Doubt that somehow,but we'll just have to wait and see,have a feeling this rule is going to be challenged,

Zizou
16/06/2011, 4:59 PM

Mungret are my favourites for the league, plus any other from Shannon Town, Caherdavin, Dines & Shannon Hibs for promotion.

Cheers for that, a mention would have been nice!!
I reckon ourselves, Croom and Charleville will be in with as much of a shout as the three you mentioned. I agree with you on Mungret and Shannon Town.

lfc at heart
16/06/2011, 5:00 PM
if it goes to another note I thnik it will be passed again, I think most of the teams want the rule in unless there is some other way it can be overruled

Zizou
16/06/2011, 5:10 PM
if it goes to another note I thnik it will be passed again, I think most of the teams want the rule in unless there is some other way it can be overruled

Fill me in on this rule change..

Jofspring
16/06/2011, 6:04 PM
Fill me in on this rule change..

Check out the other thread called Limerick Soccer has changed........

mufc
16/06/2011, 11:31 PM

bit early for training eh?
do ye intend to be challenging or something this year?
:p

Zizou
17/06/2011, 8:45 AM
bit early for training eh?
do ye intend to be challenging or something this year?
:p

Never too early to get back into it. And yes, we fully intend challenging for honours this season. Whats the point in playing this game if you don't?? We have several talented minors coming through ready for their Junior bow, a good group of 20 somethings with another years experience under their belt and our usual couple of veteran heads to add that steadying influence!! Sounds like a recipe for success, wouldn't you agree?? :D

Lev Yashin
17/06/2011, 4:04 PM
Never too early to get back into it. And yes, we fully intend challenging for honours this season. Whats the point in playing this game if you don't?? We have several talented minors coming through ready for their Junior bow, a good group of 20 somethings with another years experience under their belt and our usual couple of veteran heads to add that steadying influence!! Sounds like a recipe for success, wouldn't you agree?? :D

Dont you know...You can't win anything with kids!!! :D

Zizou
18/06/2011, 8:57 AM
Dont you know...You can't win anything with kids!!! :D

Thank you Mr Hansen. ;)

theboywonder8
18/06/2011, 10:01 AM
Did ye lose a few minors to Limerick?Zizou

midnight
18/06/2011, 12:40 PM
back into it. And yes, we fully intend challenging for honours this season. Whats the point in playing this game if nted minors coming through ready for their Junior bow, a good group of 20 somethings with another years experience under their belt and our usual couple of veteran heads teo add that steadying influence!! Sounds like a recipe for success, wouldn't you agree?? :D
WOuld ye be interested in a friendly field is cut lined ref always ready

Zizou
18/06/2011, 5:52 PM
Did ye lose a few minors to Limerick?Zizou
A few great lads gone for various reasons. But we kept a half dozen excellent players.

Zizou
18/06/2011, 5:53 PM
WOuld ye be interested in a friendly field is cut lined ref always ready

For sure. Let me know the details and I'll pass them onto the powers that be. Don't see any reason why not. Whats your club midnight??

Balbec77
18/06/2011, 8:37 PM

think charliville will be right up there if its true that they are going signing 3 premier players from last year.

theboywonder8
18/06/2011, 9:14 PM
Are those 3 from kilmallock?if so who are they,marty foley probably 1

Balbec77
18/06/2011, 10:11 PM
Are those 3 from kilmallock?if so who are they,marty foley probably 1

dont want to be mentioning names in case it dosnt happen but charliville are very very hopeful.hope its not kilmallock players
as its hard enough for us to get lads to sign out here.hope the new manager gets on to all last years panel sooner rather than later.

booster 03
19/06/2011, 11:15 AM
think charliville will be right up there if its true that they are going signing 3 premier players from last year.

Ya,they are making phone calls alright

lankyboy26
19/06/2011, 8:51 PM
Ya,they are making phone calls alright

Yeah they are very persuasive :-)

hoops38
20/06/2011, 2:10 AM
Pike B will hold their own and ruffle few feathers along the way ,

hoops38
20/06/2011, 2:13 AM
did ray mcmahon ex balla and st michaels take over caherdavin

Zizou
21/06/2011, 8:53 AM
Pike B will hold their own and ruffle few feathers along the way ,

I'm sure they will. It will be good to have a few Pike players on here this season. They always have strong opinions on the game. Should spice 1A's thread up a bit!

Pegleg5
23/06/2011, 4:24 PM
Pike B will do that alright, have a very tidy team. Any team who got promoted out of 1B last season are gonna be good, was a very competitive league, so watch out for Caherconlish too!!....Have heard a few whispers that Mungret will lose a lot of last year's team, if that is true they might struggle this year.

bigballs2
23/06/2011, 4:34 PM
move from kilmallock to charleville, thats like celtic to rangers or united to city.crazy moves if true

Zizou
23/06/2011, 4:40 PM
Pike B will do that alright, have a very tidy team. Any team who got promoted out of 1B last season are gonna be good, was a very competitive league, so watch out for Caherconlish too!!....Have heard a few whispers that Mungret will lose a lot of last year's team, if that is true they might struggle this year.

Those rumours keep coming don't they though?

WizardOnTheWing
24/06/2011, 9:35 AM
did ray mcmahon ex balla and st michaels take over caherdavin

I heard they did, Brian Greene is giving them loads of money to bring in players too...

Pegleg5
24/06/2011, 3:56 PM
I hope not, Mungret with such a great history, would be a shame to see them go into free fall. Maybe a bit premature to think that though, they were in 1a a few years ago and they went back up to premier in 2 seasons. With so many B teams in the league this year, am I right in thinking that a team could come 4th or 5th in the league and still get promoted, for example if you had a top 3 of Balla B, Pike B and Fairview B, what happens then?

Grinder64
24/06/2011, 10:55 PM
I heard they did, Brian Greene is giving them loads of money to bring in players too...

heard that too, as we all know he is very giving

Lev Yashin
25/06/2011, 9:29 AM
I hope not, Mungret with such a great history, would be a shame to see them go into free fall. Maybe a bit premature to think that though, they were in 1a a few years ago and they went back up to premier in 2 seasons. With so many B teams in the league this year, am I right in thinking that a team could come 4th or 5th in the league and still get promoted, for example if you had a top 3 of Balla B, Pike B and Fairview B, what happens then?

Ya, well b-teams can't be promoted. So you could technically finish below them and get promoted...
Just curious, and I know it won't happen but let's say one of those a-teams got relegated...what happens then?

Hatchet Harry
25/06/2011, 9:31 AM
think fairview b have pulled out

blueboy2
25/06/2011, 1:39 PM
Ya, well b-teams can't be promoted. So you could technically finish below them and get promoted...
Just curious, and I know it won't happen but let's say one of those a-teams got relegated...what happens then?
The problem with premier teams having a b team in 1 A is that they dont get to play in the Lawson, Munster Junior, Touhy Cup or F.A.I. so they dont get to play as many matches.
Also very few of them get a run out with the A team probably with the exception of Balla so unless your a club man or you are hoping sometime that you get a call up to the premier team your going to have a short season.
Also so their divisional cup is played earlier than the other cups under lights in Jackman Park so if they lose that in October their season is over because they have nothing to play for.
So I dont think any of them will finish in the top 3.

theboywonder8
25/06/2011, 2:04 PM
B teams can play in mj,wembley knocked pike b out this year,

Scorpion
25/06/2011, 2:16 PM
Do you think the rule change will only ensure the "big" clubs prey on the underage clubs more and take the local young talent that will weaken other clubs so competition will be where it is now? Also, the young players who go to League of Ireland clubs early and dont make it will have to decide to move away from their "home" club to get Junior soccer again. How helpful is that?

theboywonder8
25/06/2011, 3:06 PM
It's not,and you're right the big clubs will take all these players and clubs will be in even bigger trouble,as the saying goes they made their bed,

lankyboy26
25/06/2011, 10:31 PM
think fairview b have pulled out

I heard that as well. It'd be a shame if true

mulla
26/06/2011, 4:10 PM
It's not,and you're right the big clubs will take all these players and clubs will be in even bigger trouble,as the saying goes they made their bed,

and the difference compared to the last few years is?

lankyboy26
26/06/2011, 6:57 PM
and the difference compared to the last few years is?

Exactly. Makes no difference. Anyway, who are the favourites for promotion this season? I'll go with Caherdavin and Charleville

mulla
26/06/2011, 7:17 PM
Exactly. Makes no difference. Anyway, who are the favourites for promotion this season? I'll go with Caherdavin and Charleville

croom and dines, though i think shannon town will be pretty strong

lankyboy26
26/06/2011, 7:32 PM

Why Dines? They were pretty poor last season. Shannon Town, you never know what you'll get from them

mulla
26/06/2011, 10:07 PM
Why Dines? They were pretty poor last season. Shannon Town, you never know what you'll get from them

thought they were average but they had some very good players, if they hold onto some of them and gain a few other i fancy them to challenge. think the manager is staying so he will definitly bring in more players, hopefully not his cronies though!!
i reckon it will be the ST of the year they got promoted so you know what to expect!

lankyboy26
26/06/2011, 10:35 PM
thought they were average but they had some very good players, if they hold onto some of them and gain a few other i fancy them to challenge. think the manager is staying so he will definitly bring in more players, hopefully not his cronies though!!
i reckon it will be the ST of the year they got promoted so you know what to expect!

geraldines have some very good players but seemed to lack discipline and organisation. I'm not looking forward to pre-season training... This "getting fit" business is a balls!

bigballs2
27/06/2011, 5:21 PM

croom will struggle this year, alot of last years panel will be gone.They will find it hard this year

WizardOnTheWing
27/06/2011, 7:00 PM
Caherdavin will not go up, it will be the same old story with them..1 or 2 good players and full of talk for the season.Shannon and Mungret will go straight back up.

Lev Yashin
27/06/2011, 8:32 PM
Very early to be making predictions lads! We haven't even started training yet!
We have a new manager in and of course will want to go back up but there is no doubting there is some tough games in the league.
Like most years a good start will be the difference I think.

lankyboy26
27/06/2011, 9:55 PM
A good start is massively important alright. Also, its way too early to be back training anyway! No point being burnt out before the season even starts!

Monster
28/06/2011, 2:42 PM
Cronies???

mulla
28/06/2011, 10:02 PM
Cronies???

maybe i spelt it incorrectly,
i meant buddies and before you go on the offensive, he signed a few lads last year who he knows and they played whenever they turned up.
I hope that won't be the case this year is all. chill out

booster 03
29/06/2011, 12:24 PM
maybe i spelt it incorrectly,
i meant buddies and before you go on the offensive, he signed a few lads last year who he knows and they played whenever they turned up.
I hope that won't be the case this year is all. chill out

from the names iv heard being linked with geraldines they'l be too good for everyone in 1a next season