PDA

View Full Version : Limerick Division 1A 2005/06

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18

l.f.c......
01/06/2006, 4:52 PM
Congrats to Corbally, deserved their victory as they had more chances and played better than we did.
But on the score line it was down to a very poor decision by a referee which has cost us the chance of promotion after 9 months hard work.
Don't worry this is not sour grapes just stating a fact.
Where there any neutrals at the game what did you think of the penalty decision ?

Best of luck to Corbally in the premier.

IMO i actually thought it was outside the box it was a def.. foul but not inside the area anyway weldrick hasn,t a clue he should never be given big games and should not be ref... in the premier league 3a or 3b would be about right. iv seen corbally play three times this season and IMO i think they need a 4 or 5 players to stay alive in the premier next season its a whole diff.... level of football. hard luck on herbertstown a couple of weeks back corbally beat ye 7_1 all ye needed was a point that day to get promoted how were ye hammered so bad were ye short players

gaidin
02/06/2006, 8:06 AM
Congrats to Corbally, deserved their victory as they had more chances and played better than we did.
But on the score line it was down to a very poor decision by a referee which has cost us the chance of promotion after 9 months hard work.
Don't worry this is not sour grapes just stating a fact.
Where there any neutrals at the game what did you think of the penalty decision ?

Best of luck to Corbally in the premier.

I agree with lfc I thought it was outside the box also. It was a foul but I didnt think it was inside. Corbally still deserved it though because like you said they had the better chances and played better on the night.

abbeyvale
02/06/2006, 9:34 AM
I agree with lfc I thought it was outside the box also. It was a foul but I didnt think it was inside. Corbally still deserved it though because like you said they had the better chances and played better on the night.

Didnt Weldricks son play with Corbally before??

gaidin
02/06/2006, 10:43 AM

Ya he played minors with them.

Your not suggesting anything now are you? :D

peter ryan
02/06/2006, 11:21 AM
Ya he played minors with them.

Your not suggesting anything now are you? :D

he did not play one minor game for the club. school boy only

peter ryan
02/06/2006, 11:22 AM

what are you suggesting. with the decisions he made in the play off you can hardly suggest he was tryin to swing things in our favour.

larrywhite
02/06/2006, 5:45 PM
hes just another one of those head master type crap referees.

gaidin
06/06/2006, 8:44 AM
he did not play one minor game for the club. school boy only

Yes he did. He played a full season of minor football with Corbally.

gaidin
06/06/2006, 8:45 AM
what are you suggesting. with the decisions he made in the play off you can hardly suggest he was tryin to swing things in our favour.

Dont think he was suggesting anything. Just asking a question. Getting a bit paranoid.;)

W.R.F.C
06/06/2006, 12:33 PM
Any good strikers and full backs interested in playing with wembly next season.They come close every season for the chance of promotion but fall at the last hurdle. The set up and management are fantastic and tere is a good group of lads up tere, so im opening it up to any one intestested in even going pre-season training with us.

gaidin
06/06/2006, 1:44 PM
Any good strikers and full backs interested in playing with wembly next season.They come close every season for the chance of promotion but fall at the last hurdle. The set up and management are fantastic and tere is a good group of lads up tere, so im opening it up to any one intestested in even going pre-season training with us.

What about your minor team of this season. Will they not be good enough for ye next year or will they move on?

W.R.F.C
06/06/2006, 2:03 PM
What about your minor team of this season. Will they not be good enough for ye next year or will they move on?
Thats the whole problem, after all the time and effort the management give the u17s and minors they join premier teams and forget about the club that gave them so much.

sanity
06/06/2006, 2:39 PM
a recruitment drive for wembley.should the managers not do that?

Roadend
06/06/2006, 2:41 PM
what about the clubs that gave them 5 years before Wembley came a calling.

W.R.F.C
06/06/2006, 3:25 PM
Im not poaching players im given them an opurtunity to come out and train with us for pre season. Dom the manager of the A team does not beleive in looking for players anymore, if people want to play with us at junior level they are more than welcome

abbeyvale
06/06/2006, 9:38 PM
Im not poaching players im given them an opurtunity to come out and train with us for pre season. Dom the manager of the A team does not beleive in looking for players anymore, if people want to play with us at junior level they are more than welcome

Thats your problem right there boss
"Dom the manager of the A team does not beleive in looking for players anymore".

Word of advice, Managers are very seldom happy with what they have and always look to add to the squad if not the team of players they already have.

Maybe if Dom stayed out of Rashers and started looking for new players for next season ye might have a better chance of getting promoted than ye have done over the last few seasons.

Its the managers job to recruit new players not wait for them to sign with ye.

abbeyvale
06/06/2006, 9:40 PM

Mr.Ryan, chill out.
Ye are in the Prem, just enjoy it while your there.

Peacock
07/06/2006, 1:01 PM
Hi, Peacock here from Herbertstown.

I would like to thank all of Herbertstown's players for their hard work in 2005/06. They are a very committed bunch of players, not least with their commitment to training with some players driving huge distances just to train with us throughout the season. The club has come a long way from winning our first trophy (Div. 3A title) in 1997, but like all clubs, we'd love to take another step forward.

I'd like to congratulate Star on winning 1A. Their points total was worthy of champions and best of luck to them next season in the Premier.

Corbally were the one side we did not beat all season in 1A and I think if you asked our players, they would each say well done & best of luck to Corbally too next season. It would be nice to see both Star and Corbally maintain Premier status this time next season to give hope to sides in 1A that if you go up to the Premier, then you can stay up there.

Wembley, Summerville & Caherdavin also had good seasons and we had some tough games with all 3. With Bruff & Cappamore coming up from 1B, 1A will be a very tough division again next season.

But for now, let me say thanks again to everyone in Herbertstown and looking forward to next season already.

Peacock.

abbeyvale
07/06/2006, 10:00 PM
Hi, Peacock here from Herbertstown.

I would like to thank all of Herbertstown's players for their hard work in 2005/06. They are a very committed bunch of players, not least with their commitment to training with some players driving huge distances just to train with us throughout the season. The club has come a long way from winning our first trophy (Div. 3A title) in 1997, but like all clubs, we'd love to take another step forward.

I'd like to congratulate Star on winning 1A. Their points total was worthy of champions and best of luck to them next season in the Premier.

Corbally were the one side we did not beat all season in 1A and I think if you asked our players, they would each say well done & best of luck to Corbally too next season. It would be nice to see both Star and Corbally maintain Premier status this time next season to give hope to sides in 1A that if you go up to the Premier, then you can stay up there.

Wembley, Summerville & Caherdavin also had good seasons and we had some tough games with all 3. With Bruff & Cappamore coming up from 1B, 1A will be a very tough division again next season.

But for now, let me say thanks again to everyone in Herbertstown and looking forward to next season already.

Peacock.

well said and fair play

lim abroad
08/06/2006, 12:46 AM
this is what its all about good post and best of luck for next season:)

summervilleman
08/06/2006, 9:00 AM
Yes i will second that guys.....Looking forward to next season already....Will be tough again with 2 good country teams coming up....Best of luck to star and corbally and show them premier guys what us 1a teams are like...see ye both next year up there hopefully!!!

scoobysham
11/06/2006, 5:02 PM
in regard to wembleys manager never asking players to sign has been a constant problem since i joined the club good few years ago. often wembley players have brought out decent players training and our management wouldn even ask players to sign. in order to attract good players u need to ask them to sign.

see's it
13/06/2006, 11:58 AM
how do scoobysham and W.R.F.C expect to get a game next season when they come on here knocking their own manager?

W.R.F.C
13/06/2006, 3:23 PM
how do scoobysham and W.R.F.C expect to get a game next season when they come on here knocking their own manager?
Sees it, i was not knocking dom,those were doms exact words. He was just tired of chacing players, wouldnt blame him when players tel him they will sign and then take a U-turn and sign for someoone else.

scoobysham
16/06/2006, 12:10 PM

not knocking the manager at all its just the club policy not to use minor players for the junior team and not to pursue players to sign for the club. dom considine is a great coach and manager and highly respected across soccer in limerck. contributed hugely to 2 fai winning teams in recent years at u17 level.

allab
22/06/2006, 3:06 PM
any players moving to different clubs in 1a??

scoobysham
24/06/2006, 5:03 PM
few of ex caherdavin players that are playing with wembley supposed to be goin back to caherdavin.dave liston aparently leaving wembley for the premier league few teams interested. wembley also losing a few players for the start of the season because a few of the younger lads will be playing with limerick u21s and ul/aisling u21s.these players wont be back til maybe september.

allab
27/06/2006, 5:32 PM
heard shane o connell damien conway and gary ryan droppin to balla b

W.R.F.C
24/07/2006, 11:50 AM
lads what date does the new season start

summervilleman
27/07/2006, 7:46 AM
19th and 20th of August Dude!!!

summervilleman
27/07/2006, 7:50 AM
few of ex caherdavin players that are playing with wembley supposed to be goin back to caherdavin.dave liston aparently leaving wembley for the premier league few teams interested. wembley also losing a few players for the start of the season because a few of the younger lads will be playing with limerick u21s and ul/aisling u21s.these players wont be back til maybe september.

Well we played wembly twice last year and to be totally honest i didn't think mister liston was any good...He didn't score once against us and i don't think he even got a shot on goal..In fact i think they took him off in one of them games...Can't see him doing to well in the premier if he goes.But we do have some good backs!! Just my opinion!!!

see's it
27/07/2006, 8:39 AM
Well we played wembly twice last year and to be totally honest i didn't think mister liston was any good...He didn't score once against us and i don't think he even got a shot on goal..In fact i think they took him off in one of them games...Can't see him doing to well in the premier if he goes.But we do have some good backs!! Just my opinion!!!

his the best forward in the league by a mile................

booster 03
27/07/2006, 11:14 AM
Summervilleman.. when are u going to grace us with your prescence at training?? :confused: :confused: anyway besides that cyril maher has signed for summerville, and darren o sullivan and shine are trainin so i pressume yhey'l sign, lost brian keating to fairview though unfortunately, thats fact!summerville could be good this season.as for dave liston being the best striker in 1a id have to disagree, darren o sullivan is the best striker in the league and last season id say derek hannon of star was up there as the best.

W.R.F.C
27/07/2006, 11:28 AM
Summervilleman.. when are u going to grace us with your prescence at training?? :confused: :confused: anyway besides that cyril maher has signed for summerville, and darren o sullivan and shine are trainin so i pressume yhey'l sign, lost brian keating to fairview though unfortunately, thats fact!summerville could be good this season.as for dave liston being the best striker in 1a id have to disagree, darren o sullivan is the best striker in the league and last season id say derek hannon of star was up there as the best.
id agree, derek hannon is a class natural striker, wembly have shane fahy training at the moment,and on his day he can be very good indeed. Like goalies, strikers can b capable of doing mad things that affect tere game and derek and shane are like that.Hopefully shane signs and bangs in the goals for us this season, were missing a good goal scorer, thats whats stopping us going up every year

booster 03
27/07/2006, 3:47 PM
Wel as rgards to promotion this year i can see it being even tighter than ever this season wit 2 useful teams comin up from 1b also, you wont have the guaranteed 12 points off the likes of abbey and croom like we had last season.. sayin that we dropped two points early on last year against abbey!!best of lick for the season wembley, look forward to playin ye at some stage.

Edgey
27/07/2006, 4:00 PM
Any word on whether Balla B will be playing in 1A this year? Had heard some rumours that they were looking to amalgamate with the C team and play in a higher league that the C team are in but a lower division than 1A.

But they could have been just rumours.

allab
27/07/2006, 4:14 PM
Any word on whether Balla B will be playing in 1A this year? Had heard some rumours that they were looking to amalgamate with the C team and play in a higher league that the C team are in but a lower division than 1A.

But they could have been just rumours.
definately only rumours was talking to the new manager the other day.. they badly need to sign a few players though

sanity
28/07/2006, 9:40 AM
id agree, derek hannon is a class natural striker, wembly have shane fahy training at the moment,and on his day he can be very good indeed. Like goalies, strikers can b capable of doing mad things that affect tere game and derek and shane are like that.Hopefully shane signs and bangs in the goals for us this season, were missing a good goal scorer, thats whats stopping us going up every year
WRFC,WEMBLEY had the top scorer in 1A for a few seasons in jason sheehan and still did not get up.shane fahey would be a good signing for ye as he seems to be a natural goalscorer when he is not sulking.best of luck in new season

see's it
28/07/2006, 10:58 AM
whose the new manager of balla b?

allab
28/07/2006, 11:16 AM
whose the new manager of balla b?
ray o halloran.. not the ray that was over the A team but his nephew

W.R.F.C
28/07/2006, 12:25 PM
WRFC,WEMBLEY had the top scorer in 1A for a few seasons in jason sheehan and still did not get up.shane fahey would be a good signing for ye as he seems to be a natural goalscorer when he is not sulking.best of luck in new season
Good point but we were lacking a good midfield at the time jason was with us and he could only do so much on his own. Fair point with fahy,but he seems to b enjoying training at moment and not a hint of a sulk, so hopefully we can do well, thanks for ur well wish. Reading about the lads who came back to summerville, looks like they will b very strong this year. I was surprised they didnt do that well last year, when i played against them in rathuard they looked very good, i know we had a player sent off early but they had us in a corner early on in the game. My predictions for next season, in first place mungret if they get tere act together, either us or summerville second and herbertown up tere or tereabouts.

allab
28/07/2006, 2:34 PM
Good point but we were lacking a good midfield at the time jason was with us and he could only do so much on his own. Fair point with fahy,but he seems to b enjoying training at moment and not a hint of a sulk, so hopefully we can do well, thanks for ur well wish. Reading about the lads who came back to summerville, looks like they will b very strong this year. I was surprised they didnt do that well last year, when i played against them in rathuard they looked very good, i know we had a player sent off early but they had us in a corner early on in the game. My predictions for next season, in first place mungret if they get tere act together, either us or summerville second and herbertown up tere or tereabouts.
wat midfielders did ye get?

summervilleman
28/07/2006, 7:04 PM

Don't u worry booster as a man said once 'i"ll be back".....Doing a bit of training myself and all that...Livin a bit far from summerville now to be drvin in and out of training... i will be back a few weeks before the season kicks off to try get in the 1st 11.....Only just heard about keating but i am not surprised as he weas thinkjing of heading to fairview half way throuygh last season but he said he would stay and try get us promoted....Good to hear cyril is back as well...Maybe i should go back training sooner if cyril is back..he he..All the best to all teams in 1a this year,..should be a good battle!!

booster 03
28/07/2006, 9:09 PM
wat about colin?? trainings been good so far, alot of good attitudes coming out of certain people, daz gone to boro though too.keeper position up for grabs again this year, we'l go up.

summervilleman
29/07/2006, 4:43 AM
wat about colin?? trainings been good so far, alot of good attitudes coming out of certain people, daz gone to boro though too.keeper position up for grabs again this year, we'l go up.

Gorey will be down as well but it he may not be down until september as he is getting married a week after the league starts!!! Who is battling it out for goals?? daz won;t get on at the boro..he will be back....how many ye getting at training?

booster 03
30/07/2006, 3:04 PM
bout 16 the other nite, cozzys back from california and i heard hes been asked to give a good run at it this year.

summervilleman
30/07/2006, 11:43 PM
yeah cossy is a pretty good keeper and worth giving a go to him this year..He is always there when we are stuck..Makes the odd mistake but in saying that what keeper doesn't....
16 ain't bad i suppose especially if there is a few more to come back..Whats the story with daz???

lim abroad
31/07/2006, 12:16 AM
yeah cossy is a pretty good keeper and worth giving a go to him this year..He is always there when we are stuck..Makes the odd mistake but in saying that what keeper doesn't....
16 ain't bad i suppose especially if there is a few more to come back..Whats the story with daz???
tell gorey i said all the best for the wedding

W.R.F.C
31/07/2006, 12:37 PM
Gorey will be down as well but it he may not be down until september as he is getting married a week after the league starts!!! Who is battling it out for goals?? daz won;t get on at the boro..he will be back....how many ye getting at training?
is darren glasheen still at the boro, if so would daz b better than him. Best of luck this season summervilleman, any predictions on how it will go this year

allab
31/07/2006, 1:06 PM
is darren glasheen still at the boro, if so would daz b better than him. Best of luck this season summervilleman, any predictions on how it will go this year
darren glasheen is a keeper and daz is a striker!