PDA

View Full Version : Limerick Division 1A 2005/06

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

see's it
03/02/2006, 11:14 AM
what about Herbertstown they are nicely placed in the league.are they any good?

abbeyvale
03/02/2006, 11:31 AM
what about Herbertstown they are nicely placed in the league.are they any good?

Handy enough at home, poor enough away from home.

scoobysham
03/02/2006, 11:44 AM
you would always have a tough game out in herbertstown but they relly struggle away from home same 11 as usual every time u play them. star have about 20 games in hand so even if they drop a few points should go up no matter what suspensions the 2 strikers will get comfortably for second place

RouteOne
03/02/2006, 12:57 PM
you would always have a tough game out in herbertstown but they relly struggle away from home same 11 as usual every time u play them. star have about 20 games in hand so even if they drop a few points should go up no matter what suspensions the 2 strikers will get comfortably for second place

I don't think beating Wembley 1-0 away is a poor result !!
If Star do go up they will be helped by the fact they'll be playing teams which no
longer have anything to play for.

gaidin
03/02/2006, 1:13 PM
If Star do go up they will be helped by the fact they'll be playing teams which no

In all fairness to star they are one of the best teams in the league. Ya it might help them to get promotion later on in the season if the teams they're plating have nothing to play for. But I think star would beat most teams in the league anyway.

see's it
03/02/2006, 1:22 PM
wembley should of hammered star this year in the munster jnr but lost on penalties.star have the best keeper in the league and 2 of the best midfielders in it bit the rest are average.theres 3 maybe 4 teams that could match them easily fair play to them they got out of town in both cups but the league is far from over.Corbally have to play them twice thats 6 points that they might not get!

abbeyvale
03/02/2006, 1:23 PM

RouteOne

What about the teams we have been playing to date, haven't they all something to play for????

Our target was to win promotion from day one and we'll be happy to do so, whether it be as winners or runners up, but at the moment it's all in our own hands.

gaidin
03/02/2006, 1:41 PM
wembley should of hammered star this year in the munster jnr but lost on penalties.star have the best keeper in the league and 2 of the best midfielders in it bit the rest are average.theres 3 maybe 4 teams that could match them easily fair play to them they got out of town in both cups but the league is far from over.Corbally have to play them twice thats 6 points that they might not get!

Ya I agree with you about there being 3 or 4 teams that can match them. Im just saying that when it comes later in the season when star are playing teams with nothing to play for, that I would expect star to beat those teams anyway.

The games against corbally are big ones for star. I think corbally would beat them.

RouteOne
03/02/2006, 1:53 PM
RouteOne

What about the teams we have been playing to date, haven't they all something to play for????

Our target was to win promotion from day one and we'll be happy to do so, whether it be as winners or runners up, but at the moment it's all in our own hands.

Yes ye have but ye've only played 1 game in the league so far in 06 because of the cup games. Obviously thats no fault of Stars.
My point is just that its more likely that a mid table team will have a poor team out
from now on as they haven't anything to play for and the fact that ye have so many games in hand just gives ye an advantage and I'm sorry if you can't see that as a help to yer cause.

Bishop
03/02/2006, 2:37 PM
Herbertstown have been building steadily over the years.....a bigger squad this year, so the GAA season won't impact as badly as other years....great underage set-up.....

HuRya
04/02/2006, 6:54 PM
we have to beat corbally sunday for any chance came 3rd last 3 years always seems to be 2 teams better than us no chance of promotion cause we had better teams over the last 3 years.

ah, ye finished 4th last season..can you not remember Corbally pipping you to 3rd place at the end of the season,oh and hammering ye 6-0 in the divisional cup final:rolleyes:

HuRya
04/02/2006, 6:58 PM
Im just saying that when it comes later in the season when star are playing teams with nothing to play for, that I would expect star to beat those teams anyway.

which is how john o neill "achieved" promotion with Granville last season :rolleyes:

candystripes
05/02/2006, 7:25 PM
dines 1-3 herbertstown
croom 0-6 star

anybody get any other results today

Old keeper
05/02/2006, 10:18 PM
Croom Utd 0 Star Rvs 6

Geraldines 1 Herbertstown 3

Corbally Utd 1 Wembley Rvs 1

Ballynanty Rvs B (off) Abbey Rvs

Pallas_United
06/02/2006, 8:24 AM

Herbertstown's poor away form continues...

;)

abbeyvale
06/02/2006, 9:21 AM

I dont know if you were at the Wembley v Star MJC game but if you were you were not obviously watching the same game.

abbeyvale
06/02/2006, 9:58 AM
Croom Utd 0 Star Rvs 6

Corbally Utd 1 Wembley Rvs 1

Ballynanty Rvs B (off) Abbey Rvs

1 Corbally pl 14 / pts 29 (maximum pts available 53)
2 Herbertstown 15 / 29 (50)
3 Wembley 14 / 25 (49)
4 Star Rovers 9 / 22 (61)
5 Caherdavin 12 / 19 (49)
6 Conagh 14 / 19 (43)
7 Summerville 12 / 19 (49)
8 Shannon Town 12 / 18 (48)
9 Geraldines 13 / 17 (44)
10 Ballynanty 12 / 13 (43)
11 Abbey Rovers 14 / 5 (29)
12 Croom Utd 13 / 0 (27)

abbeyvale
06/02/2006, 10:18 AM
LADS
I SENT THE LDMC WEBSITE AN EMAIL LAST WEEK ASKING WHEN ALL TABLES WOULD BE INCLUDED ON THEIR NEW WEBSITE AND I GOT MY REPLY TODAY.

THEY SAY THAT IF I GOT ENOUGH PEOPLE TO EMAIL THEM ASKING THEM TO POST THE DIVISION 1A TABLE ON THEIR NEW WEBSITE THAT IT WOULD BE DONE SOONER RATHER THAN LATER, DUE TO PUBLIC DEMAND.

SO IF YOU WOULD, PLEASE EMAIL LDMCINFO@EIRCOM.NET AND ASK FOR THE DIVISION 1A TABLE TO BE POSTED ASAP..

THANKS

Bishop
06/02/2006, 10:42 AM
Good stuff abbeyvale.....though when it comes to the LDMC, I'll believe it when I see it....

Pallas_United
06/02/2006, 11:03 AM
LADS
I SENT THE LDMC WEBSITE AN EMAIL LAST WEEK ASKING WHEN ALL TABLES WOULD BE INCLUDED ON THEIR NEW WEBSITE AND I GOT MY REPLY TODAY.

THEY SAY THAT IF I GOT ENOUGH PEOPLE TO EMAIL THEM ASKING THEM TO POST THE DIVISION 1A TABLE ON THEIR NEW WEBSITE THAT IT WOULD BE DONE SOONER RATHER THAN LATER, DUE TO PUBLIC DEMAND.

SO IF YOU WOULD, PLEASE EMAIL LDMCINFO@DEIRCOM.NET AND ASK FOR THE DIVISION 1A TABLE TO BE POSTED ASAP..

THANKS

Done!

... try LDMCINFO@EIRCOM.NET though...

:)

see's it
06/02/2006, 2:34 PM
I dont know if you were at the Wembley v Star MJC game but if you were you were not obviously watching the same game.

yes i was at the game you were a sub again if my mind serves me correctly.wembley battered ye that day we were very lucky to get through.

francesco_1
06/02/2006, 3:42 PM
So you are finally first choice????

YES i finally am,southend are a team for the future!!!

Old keeper
06/02/2006, 5:00 PM
Hi All

the LDMC website has moved to its full time address of www.ldmc.ie mails should be directed to info@ldmc.ie but any mails sent to the mail address ldmcinfo@eircom.net will have been processed. the reasons that the site is only posting the 4B and Premier tables is that the last delegate meeting (a meeting with all the clubs represented) voted for a test period

abbeyvale
07/02/2006, 7:27 AM
yes i was at the game you were a sub again if my mind serves me correctly.wembley battered ye that day we were very lucky to get through.

Yes I was, as it was my first game back from 6 weeks out injured, and have started every game since for your info

abbeyvale
07/02/2006, 7:28 AM
YES i finally am,southend are a team for the future!!!

not with you in goals

see's it
07/02/2006, 7:44 AM
Yes I was, as it was my first game back from 6 weeks out injured, and have started every game since for your info

Well if you cant keep Peter Clarke out of the team you might aswell give your boots to Toldo............
any fixtures for this weekend?

abbeyvale
07/02/2006, 7:50 AM
Log on to www.ldmc.ie and you will see all the weekends fixtures, kick off times and refs all included.

HuRya
07/02/2006, 8:28 AM
Division 1A League fixtures-Sun 12th Feb

Croom Utd vs Shannon town
Coonagh vs Geraldines
Summerville vs Abbey Rvs

scoobysham
07/02/2006, 9:29 AM
ya in fairness when we played star in the MJC we had loads of chances and prob shaded it but lost on penalties but when played them in league they battered us and we were 3 1 down with minutes to go and somehow got a draw and star had a perfectly good goal disallowed at 3 1 so it can swing both ways.

HuRya
07/02/2006, 10:10 AM
so it can swing both ways.
Who? Star or their players:D

abbeyvale
07/02/2006, 10:25 AM

funny man, we'll have the last laugh

abbeyvale
07/02/2006, 10:28 AM
which is how john o neill "achieved" promotion with Granville last season :rolleyes:

Lads
I was asked to post this by a Granville player (no names being mentioned)

"We had to play a host of teams who were pushing for promotion themselves
Ie.. Wembley, Corbally and Ashling,

We also had to play teams looking to avoid relegation.. Ie the likes of Croom who we had in our last game of the season out in Croom where if they won they were safe..

So we did not have a handy run in last year..
I think one of the only games we played that the team had no interest in was against Balla B and they drew with us on the same day..

People forget we had a good run in the FAI last year aswell..

Rgds
GranvilleMan

HuRya
07/02/2006, 10:39 AM
funny man, we'll have the last laugh
Ya at Yum Yums:rolleyes:

Pallas_United
07/02/2006, 2:01 PM
it can swing both ways.

http://www.subvertcentral.com/forum/images/smiles/icon28XX.gif

francesco_1
07/02/2006, 3:07 PM
not with you in goals

You want a wager on that alan,i'l give you 2/1 we'll win the league!!!
put your money where your mouth is :)

Old keeper
07/02/2006, 11:49 PM
Hi The Division 1A test page is now on www.ldmc.ie

see's it
08/02/2006, 7:48 AM
Lads
I was asked to post this by a Granville player (no names being mentioned)

"We had to play a host of teams who were pushing for promotion themselves
Ie.. Wembley, Corbally and Ashling,

We also had to play teams looking to avoid relegation.. Ie the likes of Croom who we had in our last game of the season out in Croom where if they won they were safe..

So we did not have a handy run in last year..
I think one of the only games we played that the team had no interest in was against Balla B and they drew with us on the same day..

People forget we had a good run in the FAI last year aswell..

Rgds
GranvilleMan

this is some load of b**lix.croom had to win,well bud they didnt and they still stayed up..................Granville had it handed to them last year Stevie Wonder can see that!

abbeyvale
08/02/2006, 10:29 AM
this is some load of b**lix.croom had to win,well bud they didnt and they still stayed up..................Granville had it handed to them last year Stevie Wonder can see that!

Like I said I'm posting for a Granville player and I'm not getting into it!

see's it
08/02/2006, 11:45 AM
Like I said I'm posting for a Granville player and I'm not getting into it!

Abbeyvale your the middle man.ask him why Croom didnt go down if they needed to win as he posted?
you could also ask him just to except the fact it was handed to them.

abbeyvale
08/02/2006, 12:49 PM
Abbeyvale your the middle man.ask him why Croom didnt go down if they needed to win as he posted?
you could also ask him just to except the fact it was handed to them.

I'm not getting into it.

SummervilleRule
13/02/2006, 10:48 AM
Any results lads, Summerville 4 0 Abbey Rovers.
Gary Rainsford with a hattrick, and Con Connolly with the last!

larrywhite
13/02/2006, 11:19 AM
Coonagh 3 Geraldines 0

CousinSylDolan
13/02/2006, 11:24 AM
http://www.ldmc.ie/index_files/Div1A.htm

All results and updated table here...

3 Heroes
13/02/2006, 2:05 PM
Think Coonagh actually won 2-0 not 3-0

larrywhite
13/02/2006, 3:46 PM
It was 3-0. And those tables are wrong. Someone cant add up right.

Old keeper
13/02/2006, 10:36 PM
It was 3-0. And those tables are wrong. Someone cant add up right.
You were perfectly correct there was an error in the table, this was not due to poor maths skills on the part of the LDMC but on a glitch during the site update, it was corrected a the next update, which also includes ALL divisional tables and fixtures for next weekend.

see's it
14/02/2006, 8:13 AM
just saw the fixtures on the LDMC page,its an interesting weekend.
Star vs Corbally
Coonagh vs Wembley
Caherdavin vs Balla
S'ville vs G'dines
H'stown vs Croom

Bishop
14/02/2006, 8:52 AM
predictions ? Star v Corbally draw, Caherdavin's pitch to defeat Balla.....in the cup, Coonagh v Wembley draw at full time, S'ville and Herbertstown to win

see's it
14/02/2006, 9:32 AM
my mistake i thought they were all league games.
im going to go with Corbally against Star
i dont think the pitch will have anything to do with Caherdavin beating Balla.
the cup should be the last games played so that if teams are safe and not in the running for promotion it will keep their interest going for the season.
all home wins in the cup

gaidin
14/02/2006, 12:22 PM
Think Corbally and Caherdavin will win the league games.

Gonna go for Wembley, Summerville and Herbertstown in the cup.