View Full Version : Mayo Junior Soccer

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

swift
30/11/2005, 11:36 PM
At the time of posting I didnt have Ballyheanes draw so apologies Swinford

mossy
01/12/2005, 8:52 AM
Well what do ye think of the draw ?
The Port should be ok. Manulla even with 12th man should find it hard. As regards the trips to Dublin I don't know much about the opposition and as both have won there before I think both could emerge. So 3 out of 4 ain't bad. That **** in the papers about kennedy insisting that all transfered players (after July 31) are illegal players is an opinion, a very important opinion but still an opinion. But it neatly deflects attention from the fact that the Chair and his fellow members have acted shabbily and that the CFA and now the FAI have said so. I presume that the chair has some form of discipline pending as the rest of us have to serve sentences if we are found to have done a wrong. When will this discipline be meted out ? The CFA told him that he did a wrong by sitting on a hearing into his own fcuk up !!
I HAVE A FEELING THAT I COULD BE WAITING FOR THIS ONE !!!!

swinfordfc
01/12/2005, 9:28 AM
No problems swift.

What was the score in Mayo win against the defence forces last night?

Best of luck to all mayo sides in connacht cup.

Superman
01/12/2005, 11:51 AM
No problems swift.

What was the score in Mayo win against the defence forces last night?

Best of luck to all mayo sides in connacht cup.

Mayo League 2 Defence Froces 1
Martin Geraghty and Steven Ryan for Mayo

swinfordfc
01/12/2005, 3:02 PM

Thanks superman
Now all we have to do is beat galway :rolleyes:

Manfred
01/12/2005, 6:05 PM
Goal of the year from Lovejoy for Mayo in Terryland. Intercepted a pass on the edge of his own box and two passes later he was at the far post to head in a beaut.
Missing D.Scahill, A.Neary cause of mid week k.o I think, so mabe in with a chance against Galway.
By the way, I belive there will be 4 Galway Utd regraded players in the team to play Westport in the cups. Did'nt hear Mr.Kennedy say any thing about that one. Seemingly its ok to 'bump' up teams in Galway & Sligo for external comps. It is 'beyond comprehension' that Mayo would be the only league in Connacht not allowed to transfer players from Aug - Jan.!

galactico
01/12/2005, 6:49 PM
watched mayo v d.f last night .they should have had the game won by half time.still lovejoys goal was a beut as was stevie ryans, joe lawless missed game through injury..big loss for the port if hes not fit by sunday,,,good luck to all the mayo teams this weekend and well done leo tierney and the O T lads last night bring on galway...

GoodFootball
01/12/2005, 10:45 PM
Predictions:

Connacht Cup Round 3
Ballyheane -v- Athenry - Athenry, close
Galway Hibs -v- Erris Utd - Hibs, close
Rosses Point -v- Manulla - Manulla, pens
Swinford -v- Valley Rovers - Swinford, close
Westport Utd -v- Corrib Rangers - Westport, pens?
Glenhest Rvs -v- Kilshanvey Utd - Kilshanvey
Glenview Stars -v- Castlebar Celtic - Celtic on pens
Abbey Utd -v- Ballinrobe Town - Abbey by 3 or 4
Killala -v- Corofin Utd - Corofin, close
Mervue Utd -v- Fahy Rovers - Mervue, marginally
Castlebar Utd -v- Galway Bohs - Bohs, walkover
OLBC -v- Claremorris - OLBC, easy
Shiven Rovers -v- Mulranny Utd - Mulranny, not pretty
Ballina Town -v- Dunmore Town - Ballina, close
Gurteen Celtic -v- Clew Bay Utd - Gurteen, walkover
Snugboro Utd -v- Salthill Devon - Devon, pens

GoodFootball
01/12/2005, 10:48 PM
How's it tasting? The humble PIE!

No offence, but that's what you get for posting cr*p on this thread, I've got it as well, it's nasty.

There's a saying about putting brain in gear before engaging mouth... or something to that effect. We all learn the hard way,, I'm cliche-d out.

Sorry but lads ye seem to be just trying to boost your egos's sometimes, banter is cool but not so much!!

renovater
01/12/2005, 11:43 PM
Well what do ye think of the draw ?
The Port should be ok. Manulla even with 12th man should find it hard. As regards the trips to Dublin I don't know much about the opposition and as both have won there before I think both could emerge. So 3 out of 4 ain't bad. That **** in the papers about kennedy insisting that all transfered players (after July 31) are illegal players is an opinion, a very important opinion but still an opinion. But it neatly deflects attention from the fact that the Chair and his fellow members have acted shabbily and that the CFA and now the FAI have said so. I presume that the chair has some form of discipline pending as the rest of us have to serve sentences if we are found to have done a wrong. When will this discipline be meted out ? The CFA told him that he did a wrong by sitting on a hearing into his own fcuk up !!
I HAVE A FEELING THAT I COULD BE WAITING FOR THIS ONE !!!!
:confused:
well first kennedy is not aplying any rule only ignoring the basic rule a junior player is one who is registered with his league as deflected well the clubs may rise and put el duce and co in to touch because if you are waiting on the LMC to investagate it's self we have along wait.el duce should be removed for braking the rules as per rule 11,but that won't happen so it's down to the clubs

renovater
01/12/2005, 11:52 PM
Goal of the year from Lovejoy for Mayo in Terryland. Intercepted a pass on the edge of his own box and two passes later he was at the far post to head in a beaut.
Missing D.Scahill, A.Neary cause of mid week k.o I think, so mabe in with a chance against Galway.
By the way, I belive there will be 4 Galway Utd regraded players in the team to play Westport in the cups. Did'nt hear Mr.Kennedy say any thing about that one. Seemingly its ok to 'bump' up teams in Galway & Sligo for external comps. It is 'beyond comprehension' that Mayo would be the only league in Connacht not allowed to transfer players from Aug - Jan.!
what are there status are they professional because if so they have to be reinstated by The FAI as per rule 42 remember you can only play amax of 4 senior regrades in any one match some one going to start counting

gnasher
02/12/2005, 7:06 AM
Sorry but lads ye seem to be just trying to boost your egos's sometimes, banter is cool but not so much!!

Why don't you start talking football then instead of believing you are the moderator of the thread.

Who died and elected you head of the Gestapo?

gnasher
02/12/2005, 7:08 AM
what are there status are they professional because if so they have to be reinstated by The FAI as per rule 42 remember you can only play amax of 4 senior regrades in any one match some one going to start counting

Sounds like there may be serious studying done of that teamsheet this weekend. I'm sure that if they're playing in their own league they have clearance, not sure about Galway teams being as quick to break rules (with the help of League officers) like we have seen down here.

swinfordfc
02/12/2005, 9:51 AM
Predictions:

Connacht Cup Round 3
Ballyheane -v- Athenry - Athenry to win by 2
Galway Hibs -v- Erris Utd - Hibs by one
Rosses Point -v- Manulla - Manulla to win by two
Swinford -v- Valley Rovers - Swinford by three
Westport Utd -v- Corrib Rangers - very close game tight, home advantage to swing it in westport favour
Glenhest Rvs -v- Kilshanvey Utd - Kilshanvey by 2
Glenview Stars -v- Castlebar Celtic - tight game again pens prehaps
Abbey Utd -v- Ballinrobe Town - Abbey by 3 or 4
Killala -v- Corofin Utd - Killala to spring surprise!!!!
Mervue Utd -v- Fahy Rovers - Mervue to win by 2
Castlebar Utd -v- Galway Bohs - Bohs by 5
OLBC -v- Claremorris - OLBC by 2
Shiven Rovers -v- Mulranny Utd - shiven by 2
Ballina Town -v- Dunmore Town - Ballina by 2
Gurteen Celtic -v- Clew Bay Utd - Gurteen by 3
Snugboro Utd -v- Salthill Devon - Devon by 3

OscarBravo
02/12/2005, 9:54 AM
Manfred's assertion that other leagues can bump up players may be based in fact alright but the key to the Galway (and Sligo) Leagues is that their deadline for transfers for internal competitions is January 31 and not the Mayo League's July 31 deadline so the problem doesn't really exist.
Any word on FAI clarification?

mossy
02/12/2005, 3:40 PM
Connacht Cup Round 3
Ballyheane -v- Athenry - TOSS UP
Galway Hibs -v- Erris Utd - HIBS +3
Rosses Point -v- Manulla - MAN + 6
Swinford -v- Valley Rovers - SWIN + 3
Westport Utd -v- Corrib Rangers - PORT + 3
Glenhest Rvs -v- Kilshanvey Utd - KILS + 2
Abbey Utd -v- Ballinrobe Town - ABB + 3
Killala -v- Corofin Utd - KILL ON PENS
Mervue Utd -v- Fahy Rovers - MERV + 3
Castlebar Utd -v- Galway Bohs - BOHS + 5
OLBC -v- Claremorris - MORR + 2
Shiven Rovers -v- Mulranny Utd - SHIV + 1
Ballina Town -v- Dunmore Town - BALL + 2
Gurteen Celtic -v- Clew Bay Utd - GURT + 3
Snugboro Utd -v- Salthill Devon - SNUG ON PENO

Le Grande Eric
02/12/2005, 5:18 PM
Word is that FAI are scrutinising every transfer processed by the MAFL in 2004 and 2005
They are also saying that any query regarding elegilibity should be made in writing to the relevant ''affiliate body''Local Provincial or National

renovater
02/12/2005, 7:41 PM
Sounds like there may be serious studying done of that teamsheet this weekend. I'm sure that if they're playing in their own league they have clearance, not sure about Galway teams being as quick to break rules (with the help of League officers) like we have seen down here.

you have heard win at all cost when you think that Mayo have chaired Connaught council any thing is possable
last time galway side won c cup against celtic at milebush that team was open to question

leftoutside
02/12/2005, 9:42 PM
:cool: Hi guys & Girls mind if i join in Im not an expert like you all but Im willing to learn

renovater
03/12/2005, 12:06 PM
your welcome leftoutside though you should look for a more centeral postion
will teach you but be careful who corns you might step on

The Don
05/12/2005, 8:06 AM
Mayo teams in Conn Cup easily counted now. Westport out any reports?
Erris out. Ballyheane destroyed at home. Only Celtic left flying the flag that have a realistic chance.

gazza2
05/12/2005, 8:38 AM
Was at the Westport game yesterday and im being honest as before the game i didn't know much about Corrib Rangers.
They beat Westport 1-0 and this rangers team will take a lot of beating,there work rate was unbeleivable and truly deserved the win.

swinfordfc
05/12/2005, 8:44 AM
Mayo teams in Conn Cup easily counted now. Westport out any reports?
Erris out. Ballyheane destroyed at home. Only Celtic left flying the flag that have a realistic chance.

What about Ballina, Manulla and S+F United?

The Don
05/12/2005, 9:07 AM
What about Ballina, Manulla and S+F United?

Not good enough to beat top Galway or Sligo sides, sad but true.

FahyForever
05/12/2005, 10:17 AM
Poor day for the Mayo teams alright. Fahy played a blinder against Mervue, went one nil up after five minutes too! We were 2-1 down ten minutes later but managed to equalise with a Richard Needham goal. They scored again just before half time to make it 3-2.
The second half was far tighter with Fahy having a lot of good chances to level it. Joe Keane was outstanding, playing from box to box and looking a match for any of their players on the day. Each player gave their all though and we were a bit unlucky not to score.
As for Mervue, they pass the ball really well and their movement off it is exceptional. Not too convinced of their defence though, who looked uncomfortable occasionally, especially when dealing with high balls. Their number 9, Giblin, I think his name was, was a class act, causing us plenty of problems.
They scored the fourth with ten minutes to go and that wrapped it up. We never looked like mounting a comeback at that stage. It was a spirited performance though and a credit to the players.
Congratulations to Manulla, Swinford, Glenhest and Ballina for continuing their perspective runs in the cup. All the best in the next round.

Closed Account
05/12/2005, 12:22 PM
Salthill Devon weren't great yesterday either. They started off well but the Boro changed formation and had their chances. Should of scored in the first 20 seconds and in the last minute but were unlucky with both. The game went to extra time and a mistake at the back let Salthill score into an empty net. We were missing goalkeeper Mick Wallace on the day so our left winger went in goal. Seems stupid to say considering Westport got knocked out but Westport look a much better side than Devon.

Thunderblaster
05/12/2005, 12:58 PM
:eek: A lot of quality teams bite the bullet at this early stage. Celtic, depending on an "FAI investigation" will be there or thereabouts. If this investigation is true, it could be very damaging and embarrassing for the Mayo game. Sounds like a hint of Mayogate!!!:eek:

renovater
05/12/2005, 8:41 PM
It true to say if you play when your season is over what's to play for
in the case of mayo supper league clubs they either suffer the lack of desirer or set out agender to try and win it.
the one bigest problems facing mayo clubs is the lack of games at the end of there season where as other leagues are much fitter and in the middle of there season.
if Mayo super league were to move there season to June untll December i think you would get better resuilts

GoodFootball
05/12/2005, 10:09 PM
Why don't you start talking football then instead of believing you are the moderator of the thread.

Who died and elected you head of the Gestapo?

Good one mate, by the way this is an open forum where everyone airs their thoughts on the Mayo League!!

Am I not entitled the same as you, to setup threads??

Sorry if you feel im stepping on your toes!!

Congrats to all the mayo teams who got through, best of luck in the next round!!

biffo
06/12/2005, 7:30 AM
Is it true that Ballinrobe lost 11-1 to Abbey Utd at the weekend. If so had Ballinrobe a understrength team out? Did not think they would win but didn't expect a scoreline like that. It is unfortunate as they seem to be a feeder club for Castlebar at the moment with a number of their players having made the switch in the past and present.

renovater
06/12/2005, 9:16 PM
number of players has left ballinrobe and joined celtic, but bare in mind if Mr Kenedy is right that players can't transfer after 31st july then that present's a problem for celtic on the basics the interbertation of noel is if he can play for his new club after the trans dead line then he can't play in the conn cup either.
however i may not agree? but i don't decide Connaght Council does.

Le Grande Eric
06/12/2005, 10:09 PM
With all this talk of players moving club,There seems to be a common denominator connecting most of the transfers mentioned...Castlebar Celtic
Is there not a rule in The MAFL rulebook covering inducement of players?

mossy
07/12/2005, 9:20 AM
:mad: Please Mr. Renovator will you learn to spell right and go to a grammer school as you points are so hard to comprehend that they are lost in the quagmire of your english. You sound like an MAFL officer in disguise maybe even el duce himself !!!!:cool:

swinfordfc
07/12/2005, 9:22 AM
Lads,
how do you think of three clubs will get on this weekend?
three tough matches i think hoping one will win!!!!! but who :D

The Don
07/12/2005, 9:43 AM
Lads,
how do you think of three clubs will get on this weekend?
three tough matches i think hoping one will win!!!!! but who :D

Westport facing a tricky game the edge with their opponents at the moment, hopefully last years experience will see them through.
Celtic have been to Dublin a number of times in recent years and got the results, I expect them to get a result.
The heane. God only knows with this one, if they play similar to the way they did against Athenry then its going to be a demolition. If they play their normal game then they just might pull it off.

swinfordfc
07/12/2005, 10:46 AM
Westport facing a tricky game the edge with their opponents at the moment, hopefully last years experience will see them through.
Celtic have been to Dublin a number of times in recent years and got the results, I expect them to get a result.
The heane. God only knows with this one, if they play similar to the way they did against Athenry then its going to be a demolition. If they play their normal game then they just might pull it off.

agreed with you don on all, dont think ballyheane will do it though but hope celtic and port pull it off but that corrib rangers side very good from what i hear.

gazza2
07/12/2005, 11:11 AM
Corrib Rangers are very formidable at home.They have played 10 games this season at home and scored 44 goals at home and have had 5 clean sheets as well along the way
Its gonna be very tough for Westport to get a result up there especially after losing the Connaught cup tie last week against them

gnasher
07/12/2005, 12:06 PM
The Connacht Cup game was a warm up for the main event alright. Corrib will be hard beat on Sunday. We have a big support going so that may help us on but if i knowwestport we'll get through .....the hard way.

FahyForever
07/12/2005, 12:33 PM
Can someone enlighten me as to what the story is regarding these late transfers?? When will it be dealt with? Who makes the ultimate decisions? Would the clubs involved be punished automatically or does there have to be appeals put forward from the opposing clubs? The Ballyheane man who scored twice against us in the F.A.I cup was signed after the deadline..what would happen if they were to be considered illegal? Etc Etc...
Cheers....

swinfordfc
07/12/2005, 12:53 PM
Can someone enlighten me as to what the story is regarding these late transfers?? When will it be dealt with? Who makes the ultimate decisions? Would the clubs involved be punished automatically or does there have to be appeals put forward from the opposing clubs? The Ballyheane man who scored twice against us in the F.A.I cup was signed after the deadline..what would happen if they were to be considered illegal? Etc Etc...
Cheers....

You know yourself what will happen ......nothing sweep under the carpets like other things :o

The Don
07/12/2005, 1:16 PM
Cheers....

Settle down, these players were signed from mayo league clubs and were signed for external comp, deadline for which is the 31st Jan. Believe me Ballyheane would be first on the Mayo leagues list if anything was amiss.

The Don
07/12/2005, 1:23 PM
Further more the clubs involved with transfers even if found to be at fault are not responsible. The league issues reciepts saying when players are able to play for their new clubs.

headerball
07/12/2005, 2:03 PM
The Connacht Cup game was a warm up for the main event alright. Corrib will be hard beat on Sunday. We have a big support going so that may help us on but if i knowwestport we'll get through .....the hard way.

big test for westport on sunday ! can't see them really beating corrib in their home patch if they struggled against them in mayo last week !

gnasher
07/12/2005, 5:25 PM
big test for westport on sunday ! can't see them really beating corrib in their home patch if they struggled against them in mayo last week !

Yeah, it'll be tough alright. The Galway boys were saying their pitch is about as bad as the Sports Park was on Saturday (even George Best might have turned his nose at it, it was such a state. Both teams have to play on it either way).

Westport did not play well and I don't know enough about the opposition to say whether or not they played well or not. When we had to go for it they caught us on the break a few times but that said, when we played it about like we can we had them in bother.

It will be a very interesting game if Westport pull outtheir usual FAI form and play like they can.

I'd say possibly two of three Mayo sides to go through but I'd hate to make an idiot of myself and predict who. It'll be 'squeaky bum' time as Sir Alex put it a few years ago....

Le Grande Eric
07/12/2005, 10:21 PM
Cheers....
The bottom line, mon ami is that the LMC of The MAFL is the body appointed by the clubs to implement the rules of the Mayo League,As has been graphically displayed this season They do not appear capable of the task given to them.we have the ridicolous situation where the Secretary of the Mayo League is seeking clarification from the CEO of the FAI of their own rules! THINK about it

gazza2
08/12/2005, 7:57 AM
Just to let ye Westport boys know,Corrib Rangers did not play well against ye last sunday and they will lift their game this sunday a lot more and the pitch is in very good condition at the moment

gazza2
08/12/2005, 10:53 AM
there are only 2 ex galway players that have played league of ireland for galway utd and thats the player manager brendan and the goalkeeper John.
There are 2 or 3 other players that played for Galway utd under 16's about 7 years ago so if your including them its just silly??
Its gonna be a hard game for both teams

swinfordfc
08/12/2005, 12:37 PM
Lads,
Chill out, let the football do the talking ok. to be honest both of these teams are very good from my sources :D so it is a shame for connacht football that they had to meet so early. may the best team win on sunday but as i am a mayo man i hope its westport. :p

renovater
08/12/2005, 9:09 PM
The bottom line, mon ami is that the LMC of The MAFL is the body appointed by the clubs to implement the rules of the Mayo League,As has been graphically displayed this season They do not appear capable of the task given to them.we have the ridicolous situation where the Secretary of the Mayo League is seeking clarification from the CEO of the FAI of their own rules! THINK about it
Yes Ur right they are the governing body, and elected by the clubs. And if you and the clubs are not happy with the way the represent you or clubs, then at the next A.G.M. remove from office.
How could the Secretary behave in any other way when El Duce runs the show?
JD knows the rules but his hands are tide by the great one. So in order to save face he looks for confirmation from F.A.I.

renovater
08/12/2005, 9:19 PM
Sorry Mossy,
Didn’t mean to offend with a misspell words it true sometimes my grammar isn’t always what it should be, but never the less someone as intelligent as you shouldn’t pick out someone weakness when knowing the perfectionist that you are.
I don’t think the point I was making was loss only miss under stood by you.
I think the word was they are interpreted there own version as to no if I am El Duce or another member the answer is no but I am on your side
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: