PDA

View Full Version : Mayo Junior Soccer

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

sinabhuil
13/09/2005, 6:44 PM
Can't say yet. Will keep the thread advised as we progress. Any advice. We are no threat to anyone. Small village.

mossy
14/09/2005, 8:48 AM
A tentative welcome to our new club .
When our club was formed we had no pitch no money shag all people involved
and now we are firmly established in the super league, and the point!!
Give at a lash what have you to lose it will gain it's own momentum and stop asking/worrying too much just do it and by the way be prepared to put up with some two faced **** from the MAFL - presuming that the revolution does not succeed and that is a high possibility with most clubs sitting on their ass saying all is fine and the blazers/dinosaurs are nice people really !!

The Don
14/09/2005, 11:09 AM
Go for it, funds are the only obstacle you will encounter, so get started now with a bit of fundraising and sponsorship. If you need an example of how to do it look at Partry Athletic, what an amazing job done in two short years.
Looking forward to seeing more new teams in league next year.

The Don
14/09/2005, 11:11 AM
P.S never mind our friend Mossy he has become bitter and twisted over his many years dealing with the higher brass in the League !!!!

sinabhuil
14/09/2005, 1:16 PM
Thanks lads. I think you are saying get on with it. A leap of faith.

FahyForever
14/09/2005, 4:49 PM
Theres a few simple things ye need to get going from the start Sinabhuile. The first is to get someone trustworthy with a head for figures to look after your finances! Have a meeting and get all players interested to attend. Find a place to play (if there is a level pitch in your area, some places have no level pitches!!) and get in touch with the Mayo League. Once you have a committee in place you can get on with training and fundraising. The Mayo League will give you all the info you need really and steer you in the right direction. The main thing in the first year is that you have the players and, more importantly, a few committee members who are dedicated in getting you up and running. The first year will cost ye in the region of 2.000 euro for league entry and registration, with kits, and probably the rental of a pitch, on top of that.
I would say most teams train twice a week, something like Tuesday and Thursday evenings, Fridays if there are a lot of players away midweek. Clubs start their pre-season training at various dates, depending on when they got knocked out of the cups oftentimes! I would recomend a months training before the league starts, at the very least. Friendlies should be arranged with the Mayo League and referees are manditory for all of these. In terms of Discipline and other internal problems, the best bet is to get yourselves a manager who has the respect of the players and is not afraid to lay down the law.

It's surprising how much you will get done in a couple of months . Best of luck.

FahyForever
15/09/2005, 12:07 PM
The Promotional play-off between Fahy Rovers and Crossmolina is on this coming Sunday in Bangor at 12 o clock. Should be worth a look!

The Don
16/09/2005, 1:27 PM
Whens the Connaught cup draw.

Thunderblaster
18/09/2005, 6:57 PM
Whens the Connaught cup draw.

Je ne sais pas. Ask Noel Kennedy. He has the answer to that question.

johnmayo
19/09/2005, 10:25 AM
Crossmolina 3-2 Fahy Rovers

Crossmolina go up

swinfordfc
19/09/2005, 10:51 AM
Congrats to Crossmolina in reaching the super league and hard luck to fahy - ye time will come i think.

Also ballyvary and ballyglass into round 2 of fai cup

The Don
20/09/2005, 8:07 AM
Does anyone think the two new teams to the super league have got what it takes to survive next year or is it going to be a short stay for both!

johnmayo
20/09/2005, 10:07 AM
Match report from crossmolina website
Fahyforever could supply us with the missing names
http://www.crossmolinaafc.com/News/fr_news_intro.htm

swinfordfc
20/09/2005, 1:48 PM
i can see crossmolina staying there cause mcdonald and moyles will back in they ranks next year!!!! dont see ballyglass staying up to be honest

The Don
20/09/2005, 2:28 PM
So who would you see going down instead?

FahyForever
20/09/2005, 4:50 PM
Match report from crossmolina website
Fahyforever could supply us with the missing names
http://www.crossmolinaafc.com/News/fr_news_intro.htm

Fahy keeper is James Wright, Scorer was Darren Creaby and the man who conceded the penalty was Tomas Keane. The efforts that went wide towards the end were from Joe Keane, namesake of your own defender!

mossy
21/09/2005, 8:34 AM
Next year who is under pressure ?
Forget the Port/Celts/Erris they will always be safe whatever else one might say about them.
That leaves
1. The Heane - Exceedingly small squad , is the jewel still around ?
2. S & F - Will probably hoof their way to safety
3. Snugboro - Getting on now some of them, if keeper goes then back up very poor need youth , Def in danger
4. Manulla - Have been poor for past number of Years but a combination of good management. dodgy refs and Mayo league cover ups will keep them safe
5.Ballina - Abundance of riches, play the right way
So there

swinfordfc
21/09/2005, 11:55 AM
S & F could be in danger of going down to be honest i think

gnasher
21/09/2005, 5:34 PM
Would Moyles and McDonald leave Ballyheane for the uncertainty of playing with Cross?
Surely they would only be available for two or three games a year for any team, what good is that? I would hazard a guess that some 'Heane lads would be delighted to see the back of them as they were slotted in nicely for a top of the table clash against the port not too long ago and the boys who made the hard yards all year jettisoned to the bench. Result - 'Heane lost three-nil. (probably would have lost either way but at least they would have lost as a team, not with two 'imports' in the team).

I reckon the new boys will have a lot of work to do but look at the Boro - they consolidated. It will be interesting.

What are we going to do for the winter lads? Connacht Cup and Fai Junior going to keep us going? Or are we all off to a great Priemership discussion site in the sky?

By the way, well done Joe Denilson on the predictions. It was a close one. The last few weeks of the Super League were UBER hard to predict with a lot of teams going off the boil and playing for the fun of it.

Manfred
22/09/2005, 2:39 PM
Hi All, new managment in Manulla will have their work cut out with talk of mass exodus, 2006 could see them go down.Playing young center half at left midfield v the 'boro did'nt help. The 'port to be untouchable again, even put out super U12 side in cup final, beaten by excellent C'morris side, who should consolidate Premier spot.Big problems in the 'heane with underage reg. might affect whole club. Mabe 'two' many running down others and not watching their own patch? Ballyglass to be surprise package if they tighten defence, conceded 3 against BBB and can't afford to do that in Super League.

The Don
22/09/2005, 4:06 PM
Not quite sure where your getting your info from manfred but checked with Ballyheane sources and they don't know of any underage crisis. So theirs no point lighting matchs if youve got nothing to burn!

Manfred
23/09/2005, 8:09 AM
Remember, football should be the important issue, not personalities, would'nt want to use all the fuel in one go. I was looking forward to comments concerning U-12 final. I see the Tuohy cup is moved to accomodate Connacht cup games, Ballinrobe away to Ballymoe and Cross away to Arrow Harps. Could be late when Tuohy takes place considering other cup schedule.(Ballyheane sources have been "inaccurate" quite often lately!)

The Don
23/09/2005, 8:24 AM
Remember, football should be the important issue, not personalities

If look back at postings in this forum you will see that football has always been the issue!. Also if we make comments we at least try to have some form of evidence to back them up".(Ballyheane sources have been "inaccurate" quite often lately!).
All flippant comments like the above do is **** off members of the forum.

mossy
23/09/2005, 8:34 AM
What a baptism. You the man though. Whats the story about the Heane and underage crisis ? sounds juicy manfred !! At least you have got the don on his hobbie horse so you must be touching a raw nerve !! Let us have another titbit of info or we might all get a bit ****ed of with your whispering campaign

swinfordfc
23/09/2005, 9:37 AM
Oh the whine up is on!!!!!! :D :) :p
Well done joe denilson on super league predictions and welcome manfred :D

Manfred
23/09/2005, 10:14 AM
Dear Don, I only got involved after reading all the postings. I was hoping to discuss football matters, mabe how the 'heane train their young players, drills or laps?medival or modern? Have Crossmolina a good coaching etos to help with super league survival? Can Celtic win the Connacht cup with strong, fast, direct football? Why are there 3 different versions of M.Fox's resignation, all auto-penned? How many 'heane players are trying to sign for Cas.Utd? All whispers will be backed up!

swinfordfc
23/09/2005, 10:39 AM
Manfred may i asked are you involve with a club yourself - you seem to know quite abit about the mayo soccer scene.

Manfred
23/09/2005, 11:07 AM
Sensable question, yes I am involved with a club, but old age has helped me to appreciate good football from any team, while still been loyal & passionate for my club. I have admiration for any one involved from a voluntary stance who administers/ coaches/ manages or fund raises for the right reasons. Mayo is extremly progressive, even after the turbulant 2005 season(I know, not over yet!) and many people deserve credit. We should name those responsable for the up turn in Mayo soccer fortunes over the past number of seasons.

johnmayo
23/09/2005, 12:32 PM
Has anyone got the draw for the Connaught Cup?

johnmayo
23/09/2005, 12:46 PM
I agree totally with Manfred. I have been a vocal pain in the arse in the MAFL for a good few years during my time as Secretary of my club but I do think credit is due to the amount of work that the league has put in in the pass few years. I have great respect for some present and former members of the League past members like Michael Lavin, Brian Johnson and Joe Butler.

The decision to play summer soccer took a lot of balls and remembering the heated debates in Milebush at the time that if it did not work out in the first two years, some clubs were willing to leave the MAFL and set up their own league.

How can we get over the current situation to improve the League and make Mayo a powerhouse for soccer like it is in GAA?

Manfred
23/09/2005, 1:09 PM
Thank you JM. I do think that if we are to knock something, either club or MAFL, we should be ready to offer something more credable in its place. What was it that took over after dinasours became extinct? Ice age? No body doing anything!
We know that new managment will take Manulla back near the top, we know that if the 'heane begin to look inwards and put team before individuals they may achieve what they deserve. We also know that the 'boro are coaching in the proper manner, and 'port play expressive, attacking football. Mabe time to convince the ones at top to stop panicking, tidy the loose ends(and loose individuals), and get building a strong foundation before taking the next step forward. I think the clean out from MAFL was long overdue. Dead wood comes to mind!

The Don
23/09/2005, 1:22 PM
While some of the "Dead wood" has been removed, it is the roots which needs to be dug up on this particular tree !. Absolute power corrupts and this is the current situation in the League. What can be done about it is hard to tell, as it means forsaking your club commitments when joining the league. We all know how difficult it is to find good people at club level !. My biggest fear is that nothing will happen and another season of this mediocre managment will ensue.

mossy
23/09/2005, 1:42 PM
I heard that Coghill was going to Utd with Coyne
Ant truth in this Manfred ? By the way can I ask why would they want to get relegated from Super to Div 2 in one swoop - must be idiots or gob ****s either way the Heane is better off without them.
A little Poser: :D
Does anyone know of any player past or present who hopped from one club to another and was -
(A) A sound bloke
(B) Not in love with himself
(C) Club did not recover from his rat like departure
Answers on a postcard (Small ) please to
Judas Ascareat
C/O Manfred
Manulla
Castlebar

Manfred
23/09/2005, 2:02 PM
Concerns noted. But again, there is a problem with recomending destruction without the plan of construction. Mabe if all us clubs were more responsable in our dealings, like, improving coaching, less abuse of players & officals. Remember, not wanting to sound too spiritual, "what you give out you get back ten fold". If you continually tell a person that they are stupid, they will eventually belive you, wither its true or not. If as a club offical you are more concerned with other clubs, rather than your own, you will always have cause to winge. Peolple have had oppertunity to change things at MFL level but were found wanting. But you are right, people cannot forsake their club commitments. So what now. And do'nt ignore the extinct dinosors followed by ice age senario!
Last point: this is junior soccer we are talking about? Absolute power over what?

swinfordfc
23/09/2005, 2:04 PM
I think we be in safe hands with manfred and mossy already :p

Closed Account
23/09/2005, 2:05 PM
Connaught FA met on Wednesday night about Snugboro Celtic semi final. Said they needed to see more evidence before making a judgement. Looks good for the Boro.

Closed Account
23/09/2005, 2:17 PM
What do ye make of Ed McGreals Super League team of season

Wallace(Boro)
Lawless(Port) Lovejoy(Port) Flynn(Boro) Hoppy(Celts)
Cameron(Port) Coghill(Heane) Kennedy(Port) Maloney(Heane)
Duffy(Ballina) D O'Malley(Port)

My team would be

Wallace(Boro)
Lawless(Port) Bourke(Heane) Lovejoy(Port) Healy(Boro)
B Nallen(Erris) Gillen(Port) Gibbons(Celts) D O'Malley(Port)
Fitzpatrick(S&F) McHale(Celts)

The Don
23/09/2005, 2:26 PM
My dear friend manfred "absolute power" we are talking about is that basically four people now make all decisions in the mayo league. Would have thought that self explanatory its not Pinky and the Brain stuff!

gnasher
23/09/2005, 2:59 PM
How can we get over the current situation to improve the League and make Mayo a powerhouse for soccer like it is in GAA?[/QUOTE]

Ahem, I think you may not have watched the Mayo Seniors this year but we did win an All-Ireland (which is what your referring to).

Without wishing to sound like a broken record - Anyone remember Buckley Park? :D

JAYSUS!

Welcome FREDMAN - If you wind me up I won't mind. I've got thick skin (they call me the armadillo down in the zoo)

JohnMAyo - did you get the Connacht Cup fixtures yet? :p

gnasher
23/09/2005, 3:03 PM
Thank you JM. I do think that if we are to knock something, either club or MAFL, we should be ready to offer something more credable in its place. What was it that took over after dinasours became extinct? Ice age? No body doing anything!
We know that new managment will take Manulla back near the top, we know that if the 'heane begin to look inwards and put team before individuals they may achieve what they deserve. We also know that the 'boro are coaching in the proper manner, and 'port play expressive, attacking football. Mabe time to convince the ones at top to stop panicking, tidy the loose ends(and loose individuals), and get building a strong foundation before taking the next step forward. I think the clean out from MAFL was long overdue. Dead wood comes to mind!

I'm forever at this as well - but Messrs. Chairman et al hate the bloody sight of most of the teams. Now whether that's down to the way they play or coach or drive the effin team bus we'll never know but they are rotten to the core and if I was able to throw a grenade that far i'd have tossed it in their general direction a good while ago.

Lads, are we just gonna bitch all winter cause I'll get the Cocoa on and the Quality Street in.

gnasher
23/09/2005, 3:10 PM
While some of the "Dead wood" has been removed, it is the roots which needs to be dug up on this particular tree !. Absolute power corrupts and this is the current situation in the League. What can be done about it is hard to tell, as it means forsaking your club commitments when joining the league. We all know how difficult it is to find good people at club level !. My biggest fear is that nothing will happen and another season of this mediocre managment will ensue.

Christ I'm loving it today - This is another viewpoint on this issue. What has gone awfully wrong under the esteemed patronage of the Fartknocker? Apart from all the crazy decisons (which I would hazrd a guess happen in even the best run leagues - apart from the unbelievably ludicrous suspensions)?

If the league were to begin falling apart at the seams with Ref's not showing up etc. would the house of cards come tumbling down?

Do you think we should stand back for a while and see if they can hold it together? While we secretly formulate a plan to take over?

Sounds awfully like an old style gangster flick plot!

gnasher
23/09/2005, 3:12 PM
I think we be in safe hands with manfred and mossy already :p

Can I be PRO? Or Match Official Trainer? (I'd love to see some of them sweat!)

gnasher
23/09/2005, 3:14 PM
Ant truth in this Manfred ? By the way can I ask why would they want to get relegated from Super to Div 2 in one swoop - must be idiots or gob ****s either way the Heane is better off without them.
Does anyone know of any player past or present who hopped from one club to another and was -
(A) A sound bloke
Judas Ascareat
C/O Manfred
Manulla
Castlebar

Last one of the week and what a bloody belter it was! (i'm ****ting my cage with laughter it's that good!)

All bend and hail the man from the 'Nulla!

johnmayo
23/09/2005, 3:16 PM
?

Do you think we should stand back for a while and see if they can hold it together? While we secretly formulate a plan to take over?

Sounds awfully like an old style gangster flick plot!

Where do we want the MAFL to go to?
Where should be setting our targets for?

Once you visualise those you find you want are the MAFL are going there?

What can we add....?

Manfred
24/09/2005, 5:02 PM
Difficulty answering Mossy's riddle, I was never involved in a transfer myself. But someone might be able to help me with this:the 'heane are reported to have one of the best ever U12 keepers (no one seems to know his name!) If we can determine why he has'nt been picked up by the academy system yet, we might find some answers to why some excellent players get missed at all age groups, U21 and Oscar Traynor included. Reading previous posts, it appears 'heane sources supposedly do exist, so lets see how good they are.
(Small point) Pinky & The Brain are small minds taking over a small world, junior soccer is small fish in a big pond, somehow we need to remember why we got involved in the first place.I used to be involved because it was enjoyable : always both teams back to the pub, leave the rivalries on the pitch, cocktail sausages and chicken wings, pint never tasting so good.Club members even used to be fair doing the line (some!). So when did it go wrong; when money was introduced? when we had to have showers fitted? when we started treading the path to connacht fa appeals? when personalities became bigger then clubs? when blazers become the norm? when we started transfering from club to club? when we lost our sense of loyalty? to be cont.........

The Don
26/09/2005, 8:23 AM
Fair point Manfred. Things have changed, somethings for the better like the quality of the pitchs and a decent shower after the game. Alas the social side of the game seems to have died, some teams will only grace you with their presence after a victory,w hile others dont even bother asking you in after a game. Like yourself it is an aspect of the game I miss. Maybe we wouldnt have all this club bickering if a little more time was spent discussing issues after games?

swinfordfc
26/09/2005, 10:07 AM
Charlestown v Glenisland Utd for place in division 1 who win do you think?
i think Charlestown by 2

The Don
28/09/2005, 12:44 PM
Just heard Joey Maloney has signed for celtic.Big blow for heane if true.

swinfordfc
28/09/2005, 1:31 PM
Just heard Joey Maloney has signed for celtic.Big blow for heane if true.

Can confirm that mossy heard that a few days ok should have told ye :D

Closed Account
28/09/2005, 4:55 PM
(A) A sound bloke
Judas Ascareat
C/O Manfred
Manulla
Castlebar

I don't think (A) or (B) applies to Maloney and I'd be fairly certain (C) will be proven false also.