PDA

View Full Version : Mayo Junior Soccer

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

gnasher
16/11/2005, 5:23 PM
:p
Sligo Celtic have signed a lot of new players recently.

Ha ha, that was a classic. Where will they go scraping for players next? There's a few good hoofers out in Connemara, maybe GD should holiday in Spiddal?

gnasher
16/11/2005, 5:25 PM
Should this post appear on the FAI Junior Cup 2005 thread? I think it should. Can this be redirected to the FAI Junior Cup 2005 thread? Gnasher, 12th Man?

Obviously not as we can't get a word in edgeways with the Limerick boyos. We'll go global after round 4 master TB, sir. I humbly apologise:rolleyes:

Ballina Town
16/11/2005, 5:32 PM
Any thoughts on who is up for the awards next saturday night??:ball: :cool: :ball:
what are the different Mayo League Awards? Who are the nominees

GoodFootball
17/11/2005, 3:32 PM
Who do ya think has this title now after the year?

I think Dessie O'Malley has proved he is this year, with 17 goals in just 12 or 13 super league games!!

He also was a prominant scorer in all cup competitions, maybe 10 more including conn cup, junior cup and mayo cups!!

Anyone Agree/Disagree??

Richard Dunne
18/11/2005, 12:41 PM
Just heard that Roy Keane is in talks with Partry Athletic. Dykes is on the war path. Roy is supposidly very happy with the facilities,road frontage and all.Not that many prawn sandwich eaters round there either,mainly breakfast roll people.Celtic are now in the running for Micheal Ballack,talks supposidly set for the Welcome Inn in Tuesday night.

Thunderblaster
20/11/2005, 6:11 PM
Just heard that Roy Keane is in talks with Partry Athletic. Dykes is on the war path. Roy is supposidly very happy with the facilities,road frontage and all.Not that many prawn sandwich eaters round there either,mainly breakfast roll people.Celtic are now in the running for Micheal Ballack,talks supposidly set for the Welcome Inn in Tuesday night.

Who will pay Mr. Keane's wages?

Michael Ballack will not join Castlebar Celtic because, according to his agent, they are not good enough to win the FAI Junior Cup!!:D :D :eek:

pixiehead
20/11/2005, 11:29 PM
I know all that Mayo AFL Committee Stuff is old news at this stage, but it seems the referees are getting a little tired of being stuck in the middle of Il Duce and his contemporaries. The referees are threatening to strike(not unprecedented) if the rift in the committee is not mended. I for one am strongly behind the referees. They are taking a strong stance that may once and for all rid the Mayo League of any bad seeds. And even if it means a season without football(god forbid) it seems, the refs are the only ones prepared to do anything.

Richard Dunne
21/11/2005, 12:19 PM
Who will pay Mr. Keane's wages?

Michael Ballack will not join Castlebar Celtic because, according to his agent, they are not good enough to win the FAI Junior Cup!!:D :D :eek:

Rumour has it that Mayo County council are involved. They spent so long working the main road running through partry that they began to take an interest in the local side,Ballyheane must be rightly thick about that,they could have got him too.To raise the money,wheely bin taxes are being raised in the village- with the amount of bins in the village and Keanes wages each householder is going to have to fork out about 200 grand a year each! Small price to pay for a Division 1 title i'd say. Ballinrobe Town are already looking for a friendly. Also,Bayern Munich say Stephen Ryan and a free weekend in the Welcome Inn should get Castlebar Celtic Ballack. Leo Tierney is gutted bout this, his most prized totally overated player is going to Munich. Mayos defence are holding a celebratory party!

FahyForever
21/11/2005, 2:34 PM
I have watched Fahy a number of times this season and seem to have been missing a few players on sunday.

You have got Goggins back though FahyForever, who are the players ye were missing? Any of them as key as Goggins?

I see Fahy as a similar team to Snugboro and I think will do well next season and get promotion. Will give Mervue a good game.

Will ye ever have a Mayo player, FahyForever?

Cheers for the encouraging words! It is a big bonus for Fahy to get Gary Goggins back, he was club captain and is a talented midfielder who gets plenty of goals every season. Other key players we had missing this season include Pat Mc Nally, Justin Creaby and for a good part of the year, Francis Sheridan. If we have a full squad to pick from I think we have a fair chance of challenging for promotion again this year but I also think the Premier division is getting stronger, with Westport b, Claremorris, Swinford and Glenhest coming into it.
As for the possibility of a Fahy Rovers Mayo player..well, the most likely to get a chance would be the aforementioned Gary Goggins. He was called up to the Oscar Traynor panel just before he went to Oz as far as I know but never got the chance to play. Another possibility is Joe Keane, who is a good all-round player; he passes very well, has good balance and a powerful shot. To be honest I think we would only have players in with a chance if we were to reach the super league.

Thunderblaster
21/11/2005, 6:15 PM
Rumour has it that Mayo County council are involved. They spent so long working the main road running through partry that they began to take an interest in the local side,Ballyheane must be rightly thick about that,they could have got him too.To raise the money,wheely bin taxes are being raised in the village- with the amount of bins in the village and Keanes wages each householder is going to have to fork out about 200 grand a year each! Small price to pay for a Division 1 title i'd say. Ballinrobe Town are already looking for a friendly. Also,Bayern Munich say Stephen Ryan and a free weekend in the Welcome Inn should get Castlebar Celtic Ballack. Leo Tierney is gutted bout this, his most prized totally overated player is going to Munich. Mayos defence are holding a celebratory party!

Stephen Ryan for Bayern Munich???...... Yeah Right!!:rolleyes:

biffo
22/11/2005, 2:25 PM
James O Malley For Ballinrobe Town?

Manfred
22/11/2005, 6:04 PM
I know all that Mayo AFL Committee Stuff is old news at this stage, but it seems the referees are getting a little tired of being stuck in the middle of Il Duce and his contemporaries. The referees are threatening to strike(not unprecedented) if the rift in the committee is not mended. I for one am strongly behind the referees. They are taking a strong stance that may once and for all rid the Mayo League of any bad seeds. And even if it means a season without football(god forbid) it seems, the refs are the only ones prepared to do anything.

It seems that the talk of a strike is greatly exageraterd! The fat controler says that all is well is footballing circles, especially as the distribution of games is now so evenly spread out.
No league can exist without the men in black, and they belive that a rift cannot exist between 5 committee members.
Any way, with 8 new refs in the pipeline, it looks like another 'tequila sunrise'.
The only way is up and if rumour is to belived, the 2 new mayo league committee members are going to have a real positive impact on the development of the game in 2006.
(Nice of P.Burns to welcome the Sligo imports at the presentation night)!
How come 'Daisy' Glynn did'nt get the overall golden boot as he scored the most goals in 2005?

Manfred
22/11/2005, 6:33 PM
I see that the local press have gone to town on the CFA decision and el Duce had nothing to say to the Mayo News The Conn went even further by suggesting that another player is now illegal. When will this end ?
Will the new final tables be printed in the local press ?
Question. When the Port play an ineligable player they lose the game, so Why when Celtic do it is it replayed ? Different rules for different clubs anybody !!
Another !! Would any of this have ever got out if the Fox was still their and did not squeel to the Boro and if so it makes you wonder what the favoured clubs have got away with in the past. By the way favoured clubs = Celtic & Manulla. Any others anyone. You for you perhaps Manfred

Hi Mossy, I was'nt ignoring you, I.ve been caught up in work lately, sorry for the delayed reply.
The CFA decision has been proved wrong by the FAI. If their judgement was upheld it would have meant that no player could transfer within Mayo after the 31st deadline. For instance;man moves from Dublin to Ballina in August. Wants to play soccer, applies to local club (Ballina Town), but is told he cannot play till January (5 months away). This would be against all the etos of FAI particapation. So, thankfully, M.Fox got it wrong again,Conn got it wrong (on M.Fox advice), and movement of players has been protected.(I'm not in favour of the flood of outside players coming in)
On your thought that Fox did well 'to squeel to the boro', would you like to be part of a committee that included a person who 'squeeled' when he did'nt get his own way?
How many disapline decisons against Super league teams benifeted the 'heane? (No, I do'nt have the answer, but it is an interesting question)
I would like to work with people committed to the sport, not bitter and twisted people who get ancy when passed over for jobs that they are obviously not suited to!

The Don
23/11/2005, 8:15 AM
Nice to see you back in good form Manfred. I like yourself dont like to see players who want to play soccer held back by red tape, but in this instance the mayo league created the red tape by having a 31st July deadline, its not up to them to pick and choose when they can and cannot use their own rules. Futhermore when you talk of "bitter and twisted" look at the severity of actions taken against clubs which have ex league members and tell me is this the action of a fair league.!

The Don
23/11/2005, 8:15 AM
Nice to see you back in good form Manfred. I like yourself dont like to see players who want to play soccer held back by red tape, but in this instance the mayo league created the red tape by having a 31st July deadline, its not up to them to pick and choose when they can and cannot use their own rules. Futhermore when you talk of "bitter and twisted" look at the severity of actions taken against clubs which have ex league members and tell me is this the action of a fair league.!

Richard Dunne
23/11/2005, 2:19 PM
James O Malley For Ballinrobe Town?

I havn't heard any rumours about O Malley going back to Ballinrobe but i know he would be a very welcome addition. Its good to see quality players going back to clubs where they cut their teeth instead of leaving. For instance, Gerry Burke and Joey Maloney are now at celtic. Both very talented players but what will they get out of Castlebar that they couldnt of got out of Brobe? I hear they're not getting paid but are only playing on the promise that they will be at Athlone Town next season with Gavin 'Jose Mourinho' Dykes. Alan Murphy(Derry City) played with Ballinrobe Town before getting the call for Galway United before going to Derry. He played with Ballinrobe in the lower divisions while Celtic and Westport were cruising in the Super League.Kieren Kelly went from Ballinrobe Town to Derry City aswell. Good players just dont have to leave small clubs,if they're good enough they will make it.

OscarBravo
23/11/2005, 3:37 PM
Hi Mossy, I was'nt ignoring you, I.ve been caught up in work lately, sorry for the delayed reply.
The CFA decision has been proved wrong by the FAI. If their judgement was upheld it would have meant that no player could transfer within Mayo after the 31st deadline. For instance;man moves from Dublin to Ballina in August. Wants to play soccer, applies to local club (Ballina Town), but is told he cannot play till January (5 months away). This would be against all the etos of FAI particapation. So, thankfully, M.Fox got it wrong again,Conn got it wrong (on M.Fox advice), and movement of players has been protected.(I'm not in favour of the flood of outside players coming in)
On your thought that Fox did well 'to squeel to the boro', would you like to be part of a committee that included a person who 'squeeled' when he did'nt get his own way?
How many disapline decisons against Super league teams benifeted the 'heane? (No, I do'nt have the answer, but it is an interesting question)
I would like to work with people committed to the sport, not bitter and twisted people who get ancy when passed over for jobs that they are obviously not suited to!

Regardless of your clear anger towards Mossy, there are a number of matters that you have to be corrected on Manfred.
Rule 34 of the Mayo League, which is a flawed one in many respects, states thus: 'Any player from leagues or associatins outside the jurisdiction of the MAFL must provide a copy of his official transfer from his last club. This must be submitted with the players registration form and must be accompanied by a letter of clearance from the player's previous League Secretary to show that the player has no monetary or disciplinary commitment to his former league or association.
Also ''The deadline for transfers shall be July 31 in any one season'.
How could Kelly be signed before July 31 if the Mayo League did not receive clearance from the eircom league until August 4. The fact is he wasn't. I think too that Pat Quigley's actions in the aftermath were essentially an admission of guilt, ie telling snugboro to think of 'the spirit of the game' and delaying in giving them the transfer documents.
Nobody likes going down the road of objections but the Mayo League weren't slow in the past to hand out suspensions to many clubs when they erred slightly. One rule for clubs and another for the League?
Whatever decision the FAI make, and I wasn't aware that they had made one, it is by no means guaranteed to be the correct one.
You are right Manfred, movement of players should be freer but it is the league who have the July 31 deadline, nobody else.

OscarBravo
23/11/2005, 3:42 PM
by the way who are the suspected new members of the league going to be?

mossy
23/11/2005, 3:43 PM
Manfred your grasp of the intricacies of rule 34 astounds me. Only one Question . When did the FAI prove the CFA wrong ? Perhaps you can explain ? Let me also ask you one question. When a Rule says JULY 31 then why is August 4th deemed ok ? It seems pretty straightforward to me !!
I see the Muinteoir is not in Manulla on Sunday they must think Bangor can be beaten without the 12th man. No doubt he will be back their before long !!
The Dinner Dance was it's usual ****, I think their day is long gone. How many clubs persist with this utter crab , can't think of any of hand. Hard to know how to fix it though , maybe it should be held in the home of the champions from now on and just have a buffet type social or would this upset a MAFL member who loves the Welcome Inn people ? Don't know ?
Manfred, Your club do one and by all accounts it is a good night not a money making night but good craic all the same I am led to believe. Maybe ye might led the way !!!! Afterall the fat controller is a cute country whore who does f*** all wrong to ye !!!!

Closed Account
23/11/2005, 11:15 PM
''The FAI appeal board rejects the appeal of Castlebar Celtic FC.The Connaught FA was correct in deeming Ciaran Kelly ineligible for Castlebar v Snugboro''

gnasher
24/11/2005, 7:57 AM
Well that settles it then. It seems like we have now got to go to the top table in Irish Football to get away from the narrow-minded, back-scratching, shenanigans we are so used to in Mayo. I, for one, have had my fair share of appeals down through the years (mostly appeals for me to stay away from people!) and I've never seen them get it wrong up in Merrion Sqaure.

Rest easy lads, the FAI have our backs.

Does that mean that the 'Boro are awarded the tie or will Il Duce step in and get celtic a replay?

What odds the second option?

GoodFootball
24/11/2005, 8:00 AM
I think whoever the mayo manager is this year should start looking at exceptional players outside the super league for a change.

Alot of the so called mayo players are c**p but because they play for celtic or manulla they get the call up.

Some premier division players and division 1 players should be given a chance!!

Same applies to the U-21's which was a shambles last year!!

The Don
24/11/2005, 8:18 AM
What now Manfred ? Do you think they should appeal to UEFA, ah sure skip all that, maybe an appeal straight to FIFA. Guess what though, they would still be found to be at fault.

OscarBravo
24/11/2005, 10:28 AM
Regardless of the result of the FAI, the ruling of the Connacht FA was that the Snugboro Celtic tie be replayed. Date fixed is December 12 i think. To be fair to Celtic they were unaware that Kelly was illegal, the Mayo League told them he was legal. They are victims too

gnasher
24/11/2005, 11:11 AM
Regardless of the result of the FAI, the ruling of the Connacht FA was that the Snugboro Celtic tie be replayed. Date fixed is December 12 i think. To be fair to Celtic they were unaware that Kelly was illegal, the Mayo League told them he was legal. They are victims too

Ahem, bo**o*Ks.

Do you seriously believe that the head of the Mayo FA and the upper echelons of Celtic are not joined at the hip (or the lips to the a**e)?

Get real my friend. it's been going on for ages. they'd tell you your name was 'Right Said Fred' if they thought they'd get away with it.

OscarBravo
24/11/2005, 1:10 PM
Hold on just a second mate, do not try to make me out to be naive.
I realise fully that Celtic have got the benefit of the Mayo League in the past but I think any club that is told that a player is legal will play him.
I don't think you are right in saying that Celtic and the Mayo League tried to swindle this together. I think you will find the main reason why Mr Quigley wanted Ciaran Kelly signed (clearly the nature of his manourves around July 31 were indicative of a man who wanted Kelly to sign more than would be the norm for a league chairman) was not for the purposes of Castlebar Celtic, but rather for his beloved Mayo team in the Oscar Traynor. Kelly would have to be signed for Celtic before he could play for Mayo so I think this is where the ineundo rests and not with a Celtic/Quigley joined at the hip blah blah blah

swinfordfc
24/11/2005, 2:02 PM
What about this donegal who beat mayo 2-1 in oscar .... cup got the a*** well and then donegal got truly beaten in galway by galway 5-1, another bad year for mayo, they have to beat defences forces next wednesday night and then beat galway (not a chance) to progress.

gnasher
25/11/2005, 7:23 AM
Hold on just a second mate, do not try to make me out to be naive.
I realise fully that Celtic have got the benefit of the Mayo League in the past but I think any club that is told that a player is legal will play him.
I don't think you are right in saying that Celtic and the Mayo League tried to swindle this together. I think you will find the main reason why Mr Quigley wanted Ciaran Kelly signed (clearly the nature of his manourves around July 31 were indicative of a man who wanted Kelly to sign more than would be the norm for a league chairman) was not for the purposes of Castlebar Celtic, but rather for his beloved Mayo team in the Oscar Traynor. Kelly would have to be signed for Celtic before he could play for Mayo so I think this is where the ineundo rests and not with a Celtic/Quigley joined at the hip blah blah blah

No need to get so upset Oscar. I was just giving my opinion, if you don't rate it then have a think before you go loony and put me in the subject line. Fair enough if his motives were as you say, our opinions differ. Maybe you know more than me about it, who really cares anyway. If our 'leader' wanted the keeper to play for the OT team then it just shows how far he'll bend the rules to keep inflating the ego. What about the classy 'Boro keeper who should be the OT goalie? Oh yeah, he does'nt play for Celtic, and whoa, he's not a big-head who has to try to take the ball around the advancing striker in the last minute of the game because his ego is also inflated having played and failed in the Eircom League, leaving the 'beloved' Mayo OT team sh*t out of luck. I guess it happens. The sooner these mercenaries ski-daddle out of the MAFL I'll be happy. Is it Athlone Town there off to?, bottom of the Eircom First Divison, classy!

I'm not calling you naive my friend, I'm allowed to say what I have to. It's not like your reputation (??) was tarnished by my post. Get over it.

swift
28/11/2005, 2:47 AM
With Celtic winning yesterday does this mean that they will have to play Erris again in a replay because of KellyGate scandal

swinfordfc
28/11/2005, 9:42 AM
Lads,
So we have four good teams into Round 5 after the weekend; Westport Utd, Castlebar Celtic, Manulla and Ballyheane. its good for Mayo soccer, lets hope they can get all home draws tomorrow when draw is made in Dublin.

Also congrats to S+F Utd as they advance to last 32 in Connacht Cup. rest of connacht cup this weekend coming, some great games on show.

mossy
28/11/2005, 11:15 AM
So all games went as expected with Bangor flying the flag high. I bet the fat controller wishes he sent the Muinteoir out their mow to save their plushes.
The Port will do well. Celtic on a tight pitch will be hard beaten - let's hope that they aren't as stupid this year and play in Milebush where they will get stretched. The Heane are capable of a win or two while Manulla with the 12th Man can win one at least. Lets hope that home draws favour these 4 teams. Mr Kelly's prediction of our teams doing well might indeed come true.
I see Celtic played their keeper Kelly again Yesterday. Does this mean they have lost the game or what, it certainly beggars belief.
Some huge matches in the CFA cup coming up. Any shocks predicted ??

Manfred
28/11/2005, 6:43 PM
Regardless of your clear anger towards Mossy, there are a number of matters that you have to be corrected on Manfred.
Rule 34 of the Mayo League, which is a flawed one in many respects, states thus: 'Any player from leagues or associatins outside the jurisdiction of the MAFL must provide a copy of his official transfer from his last club. This must be submitted with the players registration form and must be accompanied by a letter of clearance from the player's previous League Secretary to show that the player has no monetary or disciplinary commitment to his former league or association.
Also ''The deadline for transfers shall be July 31 in any one season'.
How could Kelly be signed before July 31 if the Mayo League did not receive clearance from the eircom league until August 4. The fact is he wasn't. I think too that Pat Quigley's actions in the aftermath were essentially an admission of guilt, ie telling snugboro to think of 'the spirit of the game' and delaying in giving them the transfer documents.
Nobody likes going down the road of objections but the Mayo League weren't slow in the past to hand out suspensions to many clubs when they erred slightly. One rule for clubs and another for the League?
Whatever decision the FAI make, and I wasn't aware that they had made one, it is by no means guaranteed to be the correct one.
You are right Manfred, movement of players should be freer but it is the league who have the July 31 deadline, nobody else.

I know this might sound a little strange, but here goes.
I have no animosity towards mossy, he looks to have a grasp on most matters that he speaks on (most), the bitter & twisted refered to one or two ex Mayo LMC members who should have been able to stick the pace at the top table and should have been able to make a differance. No good walking (running) away just because the going got tough.
Rule 34, in my opinion, is straight forward and refers only to domestic competition. CFA made this clarification 10 years ago and the very same CFA sec is now trying to do a complete U-turn (in a tight space), and prevent people from playing football.
I agree, all evidence points to a letter of clearance dated the 4th of Aug. Ineligable for domestic competition. END of STORY. As we have during the last 10 years, transfers after 31st july are ok, if paper work is in order, and in this case, it is , since the 4th Aug!
And most importantly, I'm not and never have been associated with Manulla Football Club!
My club is much smaller! I manage two teams to the best of my ability.
I would like if all soccer in Mayo pulled the one direction, but that will take understanding and patience.

Manfred
28/11/2005, 6:48 PM
Ahem, bo**o*Ks.

Do you seriously believe that the head of the Mayo FA and the upper echelons of Celtic are not joined at the hip (or the lips to the a**e)?

Get real my friend. it's been going on for ages. they'd tell you your name was 'Right Said Fred' if they thought they'd get away with it.

Now I'm worried, we have a Right Said Fred fan in the house.!
What next 'Take That'?

Manfred
28/11/2005, 6:51 PM
What now Manfred ? Do you think they should appeal to UEFA, ah sure skip all that, maybe an appeal straight to FIFA. Guess what though, they would still be found to be at fault.
I think mabe we're getting a little carried away here.
Again I say, wrong for domestic, ok for external.
But I would be more interested in Bangor's display against the nulla on Sunday,
Close stuff

swinfordfc
29/11/2005, 11:31 AM
Is it true that the bangor team who nearly beat manulla was they under 18 side? does any one know?

Also mayo playing defence forces tomorrow night in galway will they win?
They have to in order to have any chance of getting through!

Superman
29/11/2005, 1:02 PM
FAI Champs. Credit due.WondeRful achievement! But mossy, relax with ur statements please. Westport are over-rated.Ballina Town play better football.Call it bias.Maybe it is.Maybe not!Obviously they lack in certain areas, but can and have out played Westport in every department in recent games.Westport won this years Super League without a genuine challenge. Celtic came close but never seriously threatened.Lets just see how Westport respond to this year's challenge. Then we rate them.OK

What happened to the best footballing team in the land last weekend, its a pity ye did not live up to ur great tag?? Next year perhaps, not!!!::D

turbotimmy
29/11/2005, 1:56 PM
was at westports junior cup game the weekend best perfromance of the season...anyone else at it agree?

Ballina Town
29/11/2005, 2:25 PM
What happened to the best footballing team in the land last weekend, its a pity ye did not live up to ur great tag?? Next year perhaps, not!!!::D

I take your point. No need to be a ***** about it.

swinfordfc
29/11/2005, 3:26 PM
Lads,
Lets grow up!!! Ballina did well last weekend and in fairness could have won it in the end. now lets all of mayo get behind the 4 teams left and support them all the way.

As for the connacht cup, lets keep taking the other county teams out of it for the minute :D :p :)

mullerj52
29/11/2005, 3:52 PM
I Agree with swinford.
As someone who watched nearly twenty Mayo Games last season featuring all Teams(Superleague down to Division two a and b), I think its about time we got behind the teams involved in the FAI Junior cup and Connacht cup for the rest of the season.
By The way, any odds on Westport United v Castlebar celtic? Possible game of the year!

galactico
29/11/2005, 5:54 PM
joe, heard that the boro are losing flyn(celtic) and your keeper as well...any truth or just rumours...ye were well beaten on sunday {watched game}

Closed Account
29/11/2005, 8:02 PM
Celtic are after Flynn alright and he's only been with Boro a year so it's not like he owes us any loyalty but I doubt he'll go. Wallace could be leaving at the end of the season, he's been saying he will all year but he's still the best keeper in Mayo so he may stay on another year. Well beaten on Sunday, Westport had two 5 minute spells in the first half where they ripped us apart and didn't have to leave first gear for the rest of the game. I hope they go on to retain their crown.

Fair Play
29/11/2005, 8:52 PM
Nice to see some positive comments in the columns for a change. Yes, we should all support the Mayo teams left in all outside competitions. It looks like there will be three away ties for Mayo teams in the F.A.I. Junior Cup, but all teams have a serious chance of progressing to the next round. Celtic appear to be improving; Westport are starting to show some serious form again, and Ballyheane and Manulla will come good on the day against their opponents. Mayo Oscar Traynor team should start the ball rolling tomorrow night with a win over the D.F. - Best of luck to all teams.

swift
29/11/2005, 11:49 PM
Westport Utd vs Corrib Rangers
Sherrif St vs Celtic
Manulla vs Athenry
This is the draw for the next round of the FAI Cup

swinfordfc
30/11/2005, 9:15 AM
Westport Utd vs Corrib Rangers
Sherrif St vs Celtic
Manulla vs Athenry
This is the draw for the next round of the FAI Cup

Excuse me but i think we had another team in there ......Ballyheane?

renovater
30/11/2005, 11:56 AM

Like Mr Quigley ?

Le Grande Eric
30/11/2005, 2:28 PM
MR Quigley soon to be known as Mr Wiggley

gnasher
30/11/2005, 4:27 PM
was at westports junior cup game the weekend best perfromance of the season...anyone else at it agree?

The best I've seen them play since they won the cup in June. Some amazing passing and movement. Feel sorry for the 'Boro, they're not as bad as the scoreline suggests, I think they were missing a centre half and that's gonna hurt, Dessie O'Malley played pure puck with the two boys left there.

I think we ahve a double header against Corrib Rangers now, are they the top team in Galway's Divison One? Or is it the Premier?. Anyway I hear they're going well so should be two cracking games.

gnasher
30/11/2005, 4:29 PM
I take your point. No need to be a ***** about it.

How's it tasting? The humble PIE!

No offence, but that's what you get for posting cr*p on this thread, I've got it as well, it's nasty.

There's a saying about putting brain in gear before engaging mouth... or something to that effect. We all learn the hard way,, I'm cliche-d out.

Ron Bergundy
30/11/2005, 7:24 PM
good to see a strong contingent of mayo teams playn connacht cup the weekend,many of them to progress?predictions???