PDA

View Full Version : Limerick Desmond League 2012/13

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

fanaticfan
15/10/2012, 3:53 PM
Question for everyone.

If a freekick is given away around the halfway line, can a player stand over the ball to prevent a quick free kick?
I know that you are allowed do it at the edge of the box.

Also Classic FC is a great name

i think you can stand over it alright.the ref will tell u to back away from the ball tho..

kerry have cool names for their teams, classic fc,Ballymac Galaxy,Cedar Galaxy,Inter Kenmare

Leon
15/10/2012, 4:08 PM
The Rathkeale lads have gone very quite again, They were all talk at the start of the season, Whats happened?

fanaticfan
16/10/2012, 5:53 PM
Why would the rathkeale boys be quiet on here for?? Arent they flying it so far this season..still in the national cups and going well in league so far ahead of abbeyfeale and broadford in the league.!!!

super6
17/10/2012, 5:55 AM
PREDICTIONS
Weekly Observer Premier Division
Shannonside FC V Abbeyfeale Utd 1130 (T. Fitzmaurice) in Aughinish. Score draw
Broadford Utd V Newcastle West Rovers 1030 (P. O’Brien) home
Ballingarry V Newcastle West 1130 (D. O’Gorman) away
both Carig and Adare to win in the MJC.

BoyBlue
18/10/2012, 10:58 AM
What way are pitches looking for the weekend? Hopefully the league use some common sense and not destroy pitches for weeks by playing games if they look dodgy! Will the 2 Newcastle teams & broadford be severely under strength with the county final?

last man back
18/10/2012, 7:09 PM
Good point boy blue next 2 days are supposed to be dry though. In relation to the county final newcastlewest will be down 4 or 5 players but looking at there team from last weekend it wont affect them to much, very strong panel this year. Corbett is a big loss to rovers the last few games

Leon
19/10/2012, 1:32 PM
Good point boy blue next 2 days are supposed to be dry though. In relation to the county final newcastlewest will be down 4 or 5 players but looking at there team from last weekend it wont affect them to much, very strong panel this year. Corbett is a big loss to rovers the last few games
Good opportunity for Rovers to pick up points this weekend though. You would expect Broadford to be heavily depleted with players like Reidy, Lynch, Egan and Clancy all playing football. The league looks really competitive this season and in my opinion it will be the first time in a long time that the eventual league winners will be pushed all the way

Leftside
20/10/2012, 8:57 AM
Hi Guys,I have a quick question that I hope someone can help with. Does anyone know of any players that received long term suspensions from the Limerick Leagues last season. I have a player that has played premier in Limerick that now wishes to join our team. I'm a bit suspicious as he still lives in Limerick and had said he'd travel to Cork City every Tuesday and Thursday for training and at the weekend for games. Hits me as strange that he wants to play 3rd division in Cork and not with a Limerick team. If you know of any please PM. Cheers.

1fortheTeam
20/10/2012, 12:53 PM
Hi Guys,I have a quick question that I hope someone can help with. Does anyone know of any players that received long term suspensions from the Limerick Leagues last season. I have a player that has played premier in Limerick that now wishes to join our team. I'm a bit suspicious as he still lives in Limerick and had said he'd travel to Cork City every Tuesday and Thursday for training and at the weekend for games. Hits me as strange that he wants to play 3rd division in Cork and not with a Limerick team. If you know of any please PM. Cheers.i would say that would be in football forum if somthing happened down there and left to play in cork intresting is there banned players in cork aul from limerick.

western gale
20/10/2012, 3:51 PM
Saturday, October 20th

FAI Youths Cup 2nd Round
Newcastle West 4 Listowel Celtic 2
Rathkeale 2 Newcastle West Rovers 1 aet
Killarney Celtic V Broadford United, w/o to Killarney
St Brendans Park 4 Adare United 2

super6
20/10/2012, 5:15 PM
Afaik he is suspended no matter wat league he plays in. It happened a Desmond league player a few years back

western gale
21/10/2012, 1:39 PM
Sunday, October 21st

Munster Junior Cup 2nd Round
Adare Utd 2 Killeaney 3 aet

Reidy Cup 2nd Round
Kildimo Utd 2 Glantine 4

Richard Hogan Cup 2nd Round
Pallaskenry 4 St. Itas B 0

Premier Division
Shannonside 1 Abbeyfeale Utd 0
Broadford Utd 5 Newcastle West Rovers 0
Ballingarry 5 Newcastle West 5

Division 2
Feenagh 2 Carrig Celtic B 3 (in Carrigkerry)

soccer8
21/10/2012, 4:14 PM
wat a game between ballingarry and ncw any report?

last man back
21/10/2012, 4:59 PM
Ballingarry were up 5 2 at on stage. Will rovers even get a point this year another hiding today

western gale
21/10/2012, 5:17 PM
Saturday, October 20th

FAI Youths Cup 2nd Round

Sunday, October 21st

Glin Rovers B 0 Carrig Celtic 3

Reidy Cup 2nd Round
Kildimo Utd 2 Glantine 4
Askeaton 5 Rathkeale Reserves 0
Ferry Rangers 2 Rockhill Rovers 3
Abbeyfeale Utd B 2 Ballysteen 0
Feenagh B V Bally Rovers off

Knockaderry 1 Creeves Celtic 3
Kilcornan B 5 Ballingarry B 0
Pallaskenry 4 St Itas B 0

Premier Division
NOTE: Balingarry were 5-3 up with ten minutes left.

Division 1
St Itas 3 Old Mill 0

Division 2

Division 4
Creeves Celtic B 2 Newcastle West Rovers B 3

fanaticfan
21/10/2012, 6:15 PM
went to the ballingarry vs newcastle this and what a cracker of a game.. ballingarry the better team in the first half and deserved the 2-1 lead at half time. ballingarry went one up when a free crossed into the box was headed to the net.newcastle levelled when their striker scored with a great strike..ballingarry scored again when a free kick by francis kiely was headed to the net.ballingarry scored again in the second half from the penalty spot to make it 3-1 but newcastle scored few minutes later to make it 3-2.looked like game over when ballingarry went 5-2 up with a super striker and another tap in.. with 15mins left ncw striker got his hat trick and 5 mins later got another goal from their other striker wen he headed to a empty net.minute to go the ncw midfielder made it 5-5 when he got the ball from a corner and scored into the near post..it was some game

western gale
21/10/2012, 9:09 PM
Saturday, October 27th

Limerick Desmond U-17s Cup 1st Round (et & pens)
Newcastle West Rovers V Abbeyfeale Utd 230 (J. Roche)

Youths Division 2 League Cup 1st Round (et & pens)
Creeves Celtic V Pallaskenry 230 (T. Fitzmaurice)
Feenagh V Bally Rovers 230 (E. Barrett)

Youths Division 2
St. Itas V Askeaton in Askeaton 230 (L. O’Connor)
Breska Rovers V Carrig Celtic 230 (P. O’Connor)

Sunday, October 28th

Richard Hogan Cup 1st Round (et & pens)
Newcastle West Rovers B V Ballysteen 230 (G. O’Connor)

Richard Hogan Cup 2nd Round (et & pens)
Shountrade V Ferry Rangers 230 (B. Nash)
Rathkeale B V Carrig Celtic B 230 (P. O’Donnell)

Reidy Cup 2nd Round (et & pens)
Old Mill V Newcastle West B 230 (P. O’Connor)

Premier Division
Killeaney V Rathkeale 1130 (G. O’Connor)
Broadford Utd V Glin Rovers 1130 (J. Roche)
Newcastle West Rovers V Ballingarry 1130 (P. O’Connor)

Division 1
Rockhill Rovers V Askeaton 1130 (T. Fitzmaurice)
St. Itas V Glantine 1130 (P. Manning)
Adare Utd V Kilcornan 1130 (D. O’Gorman)
Kildimo Utd V Athea Utd 230 (P. O’Brien)

Division 2
Abbeyfeale Utd V Creeves Celtic 230 (P. King)
Pallaskenry V Broadford Utd B 230 (L. O’Connor)

Division 3
Ballingarry B V Knockaderry 230 (S. Hartnett)
Kilcornan B V Athea Utd B 230 (E. Barrett)

Division 4
Glin Rovers B V Bally Rovers 230 (C. Dalton)

Fr. Joe
21/10/2012, 9:22 PM
Saturday, October 20th

FAI Youths Cup 2nd Round

Sunday, October 21st

Glin Rovers B 0 Carrig Celtic 3

Reidy Cup 2nd Round
Kildimo Utd 2 Glantine 4
Askeaton 5 Rathkeale Reserves 0
Ferry Rangers 2 Rockhill Rovers 3
Abbeyfeale Utd B 2 Ballysteen 0
Feenagh B V Bally Rovers off

Knockaderry 1 Creeves Celtic 3
Kilcornan B 5 Ballingarry B 0
Pallaskenry 4 St Itas B 0

Premier Division
NOTE: Balingarry were 5-3 up with ten minutes left.

Division 1
St Itas 3 Old Mill 0

Division 2

Division 4
Creeves Celtic B 2 Newcastle West Rovers B 3

Reidy Cup 2nd round should read Askeaton 0 Rathkeale Reserves 5

tricky
22/10/2012, 11:00 AM
If u write to league secretaries they should advise if player is suspended or not. It would be up to your club to know for sure as if ye play a suspended player ye could lose points and receive other sanctions also

Leon
23/10/2012, 11:51 AM
I see Drom-Broadford are all over the news for acting like animals in the county final. Its not surprising really considering that the same fellows also kicked lumps out of Shannonside in the Desmond Cup Final

snafu
23/10/2012, 3:12 PM
I see Drom-Broadford are all over the news for acting like animals in the county final. Its not surprising really considering that the same fellows also kicked lumps out of Shannonside in the Desmond Cup Final

Dont think its fair to paint the whole parish and 2 teams with one brush because of the actions of one man.

Askeaton 0 Rathkeale Reserves 5

That is a weird result considering Askeaton are in a higher division. Anyone have any info on this game?

nathanbrown
24/10/2012, 7:00 AM
Rathkeale B are a very decent team, the best of the B teams out there. They concede very few goals each season but dont score many. Big solid team. Askeaton were relegated last year and were looking sure to be relegated again this year until Breska and Kilcornan were deducted points and capitulated. Askeaton are very poor with 1 or 2 half decent players.
I was shocked when I saw the original poster saying Askeaton win. Rathkeale B do very well in all cups year in year out.

Also I agree, stupid comments based on Drom Broadford, they gave as good as they got, doesnt make them a dirty parish

dutchie
24/10/2012, 11:39 AM
Dont think its fair to paint the whole parish and 2 teams with one brush because of the actions of one man.

Askeaton 0 Rathkeale Reserves 5

That is a weird result considering Askeaton are in a higher division. Anyone have any info on this game?

The best of the Askeaton players are playing their trade with different teams,Askeaton management were the cause of it from what i heard.

western gale
27/10/2012, 4:37 PM
Saturday, October 27th

Limerick Desmond U-17s Cup 1st Round
Newcastle West Rovers 1 Abbeyfeale Utd 7

Youths Division 2 League Cup 1st Round
Creeves Celtic 9 Pallaskenry 1
Feenagh 1 Bally Rovers 2

Youths Division 2
St Itas 1 Askeaton 2 (in Askeaton)
Breska Rovers V Carrig Celtic, walkover to Breska

western gale
28/10/2012, 2:46 PM
Sunday, October 28th

Premier Division
Killeaney 1 Rathkeale 0
Broadford Utd V Glin Rovers off
Newcastle West Rovers 2 Ballingarry 3

Division 1
Rockhill Rovers 2 Askeaton 0
St Itas 2 Glantine 1
Adare Utd 3 Kilcornan 2

western gale
28/10/2012, 5:59 PM
Sunday, October 28th

Richard Hogan Cup 1st Round
Newcastle West Rovers B 2 Ballysteen 1

Shountrade 2 Ferry Rangers 4
Rathkeale B 1 Carrig Celtic B 2

Reidy Cup 2nd Round
Old Mill 2 Newcastle West B 2 aet, (NCW B won 4-2 on pens)

Premier Division
Killeaney 1 Rathkeale 0
Broadford Utd V Glin Rovers off
Newcastle West Rovers 2 Ballingarry 3

Division 1
Rockhill Rovers 2 Askeaton 0
St Itas 2 Glantine 1
Adare Utd 3 Kilcornan 2
Kildimo Utd 2 Athea Utd 1

Division 2
Abbeyfeale Utd 3 Creeves Celtic 0

Division 3
Ballingarry B 1 Knockaderry 0
Kilcornan B 1 Athea Utd B 2

Division 4
Glin Rovers B 2 Bally Rovers 1

realcelt
28/10/2012, 7:28 PM
Has anyone any info on the 4th round draw for the kerry,desmond,clare section of the Fai junior cup??

muls world
29/10/2012, 12:56 AM
Saturday, November 3rd

FAI Youths InterLeague Cup, Group 3
Limerick Desmond V Kerry League, 230, Clounreask.

Sunday, November 4th

FAI Junior Cup 3rd Round (et & pens)
Killeaney V Broadford Utd 1130 (J. Roche)
Abbeyfeale Utd V Newcastle West 1130 (P. O’Brien)
Ballingarry V St. Brendans Park 2pm (D. O’Gorman)
Classic FC V Rathkeale 2pm

Reidy Cup 2nd Round (et & pens)
Breska Rovers V Feenagh 1130 (T. Fitzmaurice)
Broadford Utd B V St. Itas B 230 (C. Dalton)
Feenagh B V Bally Rovers 230 (P. O’Donnell)

Division 3 League Cup 1st Round, 1st Leg (90 min)
Kilcornan B V Knockaderry 1130 (B. Nash)

Division 1
Kildimo Utd V Old Mill 1130 (D. Wallace)
Adare Utd V Athea Utd 230 (L. O’Connor)

Division 2
Pallaskenry V Granagh Utd 1130 (P. King)
Newcastle West B V Abbeyfeale Utd B 230 (S. Hartnett)
Carrig Celtic B V Creeves Celtic 230 (P. O’Connor)

Division 3
Athea Utd B V Ferry Rangers 1130 (J. Molyneaux)

Division 4
Creeves Celtic B V Shountrade 1130 (E. Barrett)
Newcastle West Rovers B V Shannonside FC B 230 (G. O’Connor)

southern kid
29/10/2012, 12:05 PM
winners of ncw/abbey game home to winners of ratkeale/classic in fai.

Aldo
29/10/2012, 2:18 PM
FAI JUNIOR CUP
Desmond/Kerry/Clare
Round 3 games for this weekend
Classic fc (Kerry) v Rathkeale Utd (Desmond)
Ballingary (Desmond) v St Brendans Park (Kerry)
Bridge Utd (Clare) v Avenue Utd (Clare)
Killeaney (Desmond) v Broadford Utd (Desmond)
Killarney Athletic (Kerry) v Mastergeeha fc (Kerry)
Ennis Town Rock (Clare) v Tralee Dynamos (Kerry)
Killarney Celtic (Kerry) v Spa Road Celtic (Kerry)
Abbeyfeale Utd (Desmond) v NCW (Desmond)

No sign of the 4th round draw as off yet.

super6
30/10/2012, 9:20 AM
Where did you get that draw from southern kid? bit strange you only got the one tie!?

last man back
01/11/2012, 5:41 PM
Surprised nobody has commented on all these fines being handed out by the league. Seems some clubs had lads playing and not even registered,other clubs were fined for not having A or B team player on the form. Handy money for the league sure it will cover the cost for oscar traynor team. Oh sorry we dont have one!

nathanbrown
02/11/2012, 10:23 AM
I havent heard anyone praise Killeaney this year. I think they are looking pretty good, obviously not title challengers but I think they would consider survival a big achievement. They were unlucky to lose at home to Ballingarry who are top of the league, didnt deserve to win either but a draw would have been fair. They have won their other 2 home games, had a couple of heavy defeats away from home but I think there is definitely 3 if not 4 teams worse than them in the league. I would like to see them stay in the league, great facilities and a team that really try to play ball.

Desmonder
02/11/2012, 3:49 PM
Good one nathanbrown..hahahaha!! Classic bud!!

BoyBlue
02/11/2012, 5:07 PM
I havent heard anyone praise Killeaney this year. I think they are looking pretty good, obviously not title challengers but I think they would consider survival a big achievement. They were unlucky to lose at home to Ballingarry who are top of the league, didnt deserve to win either but a draw would have been fair. They have won their other 2 home games, had a couple of heavy defeats away from home but I think there is definitely 3 if not 4 teams worse than them in the league. I would like to see them stay in the league, great facilities and a team that really try to play ball.

Facilities fair enough but "killeaney always try to play ball" Can I have some of what your on nathanbrown! Best I've seen on here for a while now. If they stay up it will be because they only play when near full strength and seem to get games called off as they wish,don't know why obviously!

dutchie
02/11/2012, 6:18 PM
Facilities fair enough but "killeaney always try to play ball" Can I have some of what your on nathanbrown! Best I've seen on here for a while now. If they stay up it will be because they only play when near full strength and seem to get games called off as they wish,don't know why obviously!

They are lucky aswell with who they play,a lot of times they seem to play teams who are also playing big GAA matches in the afternoon and come away with a result,luck of the draw i suppose!!!!!

super6
03/11/2012, 9:00 AM
@nathanbrown, who would the 3 or 4 teams that would be worse than them? If you look at the league table every year they are always 3 or 4 games behind everyone else so when summer comes and some teams have nothing to play killeaney get the victories. On another note Broadfords game was called off last week because there goalkeepers grandfather died ? would that be correct?? Or was it the count final win the same weekend?!

The Enforcer
03/11/2012, 10:06 AM
@nathanbrown, who would the 3 or 4 teams that would be worse than them? If you look at the league table every year they are always 3 or 4 games behind everyone else so when summer comes and some teams have nothing to play killeaney get the victories. On another note Broadfords game was called off last week because there goalkeepers grandfather died ? would that be correct?? Or was it the count final win the same weekend?!

Goalkeepers grandfather passed away. His burial was after 12.30 mass in Broadford Sunday morning, The same time match was meant to be on. Broadford would have been at full strength on Sunday as county final had no bearing as it was on Friday. I hope this clears up any queries which you may have

Aldo
03/11/2012, 10:15 AM
A lot of rain has fallen over last few days, any news on how pitches are holding up for these games this weekend.

FAI JUNIOR CUP
Desmond/Kerry/Clare
Killarney Celtic (Kerry) v Spa Road Celtic (Kerry) - OFF

nathanbrown
03/11/2012, 2:10 PM
First of all, I said they TRY to play ball, never said they succeed. I have seen them twice this season, won 1 and lost 1, I was impressed with them, this time of the year they are usually last with no points. As for the facilities, would you rather play away to Killeaney or Kildimo? or NCW rovers? Its a good pitch with good dressing rooms.
NCW Rovers and Glin from what I have seen are well behind Killeaney. Carrig started well but there is very little between the 2.
I was saying Killeaney deserve credit for being alot better this year than any other year. And is it Killeaneys fault who they play? I dont think so

mad4it
03/11/2012, 2:58 PM
First of all, I said they TRY to play ball, never said they succeed. I have seen them twice this season, won 1 and lost 1, I was impressed with them, this time of the year they are usually last with no points. As for the facilities, would you rather play away to Killeaney or Kildimo? or NCW rovers? Its a good pitch with good dressing rooms.
NCW Rovers and Glin from what I have seen are well behind Killeaney. Carrig started well but there is very little between the 2.
I was saying Killeaney deserve credit for being alot better this year than any other year. And is it Killeaneys fault who they play? I dont think so

Sounds like you're a bit of a fan of kileaney nathanbrown! I don't think it's any coincidence that they end up with 4 or 5 games in hand every season and pick up some easy points from teams with nothing to play for. If the cat had kittens they'd get a game called off for it!

super6
03/11/2012, 3:04 PM
Fair point about the field and dressing rooms,they are top class. I havent seen them play this year yet so cant comment to be honest but there squad hasnt changed much so cant see too much of an improvment IMO.As mad4it said it has happened the last 4-5 years having 4-5 games in hand come end of season which isnt fair on other teams battling for points.

western gale
03/11/2012, 4:20 PM
Saturday, November 3rd

FAI Youths Inter League Cup, Group 3
Limerick Desmond 5 Kerry League 0 (Clounreask)
Scorers James Naughton (2), Dylan Griffin, Paul Downes and Bob Keogh

super6
03/11/2012, 4:21 PM
NCW vs Abbey is off tomorrow, I take it all games are off. Great result for the youths, who scored western gale?

Aldo
03/11/2012, 4:29 PM
A lot of rain has fallen over last few days and again today , any news on how pitches are holding up for these games this weekend. will they all go ahead?

FAI JUNIOR CUP
Desmond/Kerry/Clare
Killarney Celtic (Kerry) v Spa Road Celtic (Kerry) - OFF

answers
03/11/2012, 4:52 PM
this nathanbrown dude is obviously not from killeaney! who comes on this looking for credit for there so called team, to be fair top class facilities but when you have EDDIE pulling the strings on when they feel like playing most other clubs are bound to be furious.

fanaticfan
03/11/2012, 7:47 PM

Team
GP
W
D
L
Pts.
GF
GC
GD

Ballingarry (http://www.limerickdesmondleague.ie/cc/index.php?opt=viewteam&id=0026&sid=000000000018)

Newcastle West (http://www.limerickdesmondleague.ie/cc/index.php?opt=viewteam&id=0023&sid=000000000018)

Shannonside FC (http://www.limerickdesmondleague.ie/cc/index.php?opt=viewteam&id=0018&sid=000000000018)

Rathkeale (http://www.limerickdesmondleague.ie/cc/index.php?opt=viewteam&id=0021&sid=000000000018)

Carrig Celtic (http://www.limerickdesmondleague.ie/cc/index.php?opt=viewteam&id=0017&sid=000000000018)

Broadford Utd (http://www.limerickdesmondleague.ie/cc/index.php?opt=viewteam&id=0020&sid=000000000018)

Abbeyfeale Utd (http://www.limerickdesmondleague.ie/cc/index.php?opt=viewteam&id=0019&sid=000000000018)

Killeaney (http://www.limerickdesmondleague.ie/cc/index.php?opt=viewteam&id=0027&sid=000000000018)

Glin Rovers (http://www.limerickdesmondleague.ie/cc/index.php?opt=viewteam&id=0022&sid=000000000018)

Newcastle Rovers (http://www.limerickdesmondleague.ie/cc/index.php?opt=viewteam&id=0033&sid=000000000018)

Ya killeaney are going right well this year so far. 3rd bottom hahaha

Aldo
03/11/2012, 8:50 PM
FAI JUNIOR CUP
CLARE/KERRY/DESMOND
3rd ROUND
1 Classic FC v Rathkeale Utd
2 Ballingarry v St.Brendans Pk.
3 Bridge Utd. v Avenue United
4 Killeaney FC. v Broadford United
5 Killarney Ath. v Mastergeeha FC.
6 Ennis Town Rock v Tralee Dynamoes
7 Killarney Clt. v Spa Road Clt.
8 Abbyfeale Utd v Newcastlewest

4th ROUND
1 8 v 1
2 4 v 7
3 3 v 5
4 2 v 6

snafu
03/11/2012, 11:43 PM
I didnt know Killeaney's "actions" were so well known throughout the league.
Prooving what they are doing is another thing but im glad to see that so many people recognise whats going on there.

super6
04/11/2012, 8:54 AM
Any games going ahead today lads?