PDA

View Full Version : Limerick Desmond League 2012/13

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

skyhome
27/08/2012, 4:12 PM
Great result for ncw yesterday, by all accounts shannonside deserved something out of it as did abbey on the fri nite but shows ncw can win ugly when they have to.Great start by carrig aswell. What happened in ratkeale game yesterday?i heard barry riordan got straight red for kicking out/fighting.Thought they would beat abbey yesterday.

watched the second half of rathkeale and abbey they were very evenly matched yesterday. rathkeale scored a great goal and then from the kick off gifted abbey a penalty to make it 1-1. john kelleher did a disgraceful challenge on barry riordan left him with scars from his ribs down to his knee from his studs.riordan retaliated and got sent off deservingly so, amazing kelleher only got a yellow typical refereeing in the desmond league

The Enforcer
27/08/2012, 4:30 PM
watched the second half of rathkeale and abbey they were very evenly matched yesterday. rathkeale scored a great goal and then from the kick off gifted abbey a penalty to make it 1-1. john kelleher did a disgraceful challenge on barry riordan left him with scars from his ribs down to his knee from his studs.riordan retaliated and got sent off deservingly so, amazing kelleher only got a yellow typical refereeing in the desmond league
Thats not what I saw, Riordan was not getting a sniff and reacted with an act of petulance that you wouldnt see from a 5 year old, Once again he really left his teammates down

fanaticfan
27/08/2012, 5:03 PM
Newcastle seem to have the advantage already with 2 wins outta 2,but its early days yet in the season.carrig are flying in the league so far and lets hope they keep it up,rovers playing catch up already cos they havent played a game yet.surprised with rathkeale because i thought they would be worse as people havent being saying good stuff about them but they are surprising everyone i guess.what actually happened with riordans sending off?

skyhome
27/08/2012, 5:27 PM
Thats not what I saw, Riordan was not getting a sniff and reacted with an act of petulance that you wouldnt see from a 5 year old, Once again he really left his teammates down

i understand where your coming from shouldnt react letting teammates down but how do you explain the scars terrible challenge

super6
27/08/2012, 5:46 PM
Doesn't sound like john kelliher nice lad and wouldnt be a dirty player to be fair !! Anyone got the fixtures for sunday?

southern kid
27/08/2012, 8:31 PM
Was talking to a referee tonight and he told me kellihers challenge was fair but hard and he got booked for reacting to riordans kick out and not the challenge.In fairness neither player are dirty players so prob just done in heat of moment. was that ratkeals 2nd red in 1st two games sky home? disipline probs!!

skyhome
27/08/2012, 11:24 PM
Was talking to a referee tonight and he told me kellihers challenge was fair but hard and he got booked for reacting to riordans kick out and not the challenge.In fairness neither player are dirty players so prob just done in heat of moment. was that ratkeals 2nd red in 1st two games sky home? disipline probs!!

i dont know i only saw sundays second half and that was one red anyway. i must find out about the broadford game. ha ha more than likely i know the managers from rathkeale were sent off more times than anyone else in the desmond league so wouldnt surprise me. as you said its usually all heat of the moment stuff i'd say

The Enforcer
28/08/2012, 7:45 AM
i dont know i only saw sundays second half and that was one red anyway. i must find out about the broadford game. ha ha more than likely i know the managers from rathkeale were sent off more times than anyone else in the desmond league so wouldnt surprise me. as you said its usually all heat of the moment stuff i'd say

southern kid completely true i was there myself. broadford did control the first half but really only created 2 chance's. Ratheale on the other hand completely dominated the second and could have scored 3 more goals only for the broadford goalkeeper. he made at least one fantastic point blank save. broadford shouldnt worry though as they lost the first game also last season and after that had a great one

Can we just clarify, Were you or were you not at the Broadford game, For a man who now claims he never saw Broadford vs Rathkeale you had alot to comment on it last week

skyhome
28/08/2012, 8:06 AM
Can we just clarify, Were you or were you not at the Broadford game, For a man who now claims he never saw Broadford vs Rathkeale you had alot to comment on it last week

just to clarify like southern kid i watched first half on friday in broadford and then left for abbeyfeale but my colleague remained in broadford. i should have typed that the first time.

Horan01
28/08/2012, 10:25 AM

If a challenge that leave's a player with immediate scars from top of the thigh to below the knee from studs is deemed 'fair but hard' by a desmond league referee, then sorry that man shouldnt be allowed referee as it will be only a matter of time before another player is left with a more serious injury from a 'fair but hard' challenge.
I don't dispute the red card but it should have been to both players.

Abbeys new signing from Athea Joe Weir got away without a sending off where he left the ground and came in with a two footed challenge earlier in the game leaving the rathkeale midfielder in agony on the ground, thats a straight red card not yellow in this day and age. No consistancy with his refereeing.

The Enforcer
28/08/2012, 10:47 AM
If a challenge that leave's a player with immediate scars from top of the thigh to below the knee from studs is deemed 'fair but hard' by a desmond league referee, then sorry that man shouldnt be allowed referee as it will be only a matter of time before another player is left with a more serious injury from a 'fair but hard' challenge.
I don't dispute the red card but it should have been to both players.

Abbeys new signing from Athea Joe Weir got away without a sending off where he left the ground and came in with a two footed challenge earlier in the game leaving the rathkeale midfielder in agony on the ground, thats a straight red card not yellow in this day and age. No consistancy with his refereeing.

I am just wondering, why have the two Rathkeale lads refused to comment on a horrific tackle by their full back on Tossie Butler on Fri nite, Only for Tossie jumping out of the way your man would have crippled him, and what did he get only a second yellow card. To be fair to everyone lads, if ye are not going to give accurate reports then dont bother giving any report at all. There was nothing wrong with John Kellihers challenge, no one could ever accuse him of being a dirty player.

The Enforcer
28/08/2012, 10:49 AM
heard people going on about broadford tonite only having half a team, well also heard also rathkeale wer missing 6/7 off there team. descent results for rathkeale,shannonside and carrig.

By the way, what 7 were Rathkeale missing and why were they missing, Genuine question

skyhome
28/08/2012, 11:01 AM
By the way, what 7 were Rathkeale missing and why were they missing, Genuine question

milkey lyons home 2 weeks time
seamus carroll world championship handball
eoin o donnell championship minor football
darren jones championship minor football
david mooney holidays
davey lyons holidays
denis greaney holidays

skyhome
28/08/2012, 11:02 AM
tossie should be in the olympics for diving i heard

nowayref
28/08/2012, 11:42 AM
david mooney holidays
davey lyons holidays
denis greaney holidays

Milkey Lyons with 2 sugars please :D

pass and move
28/08/2012, 12:11 PM
New to this forum but have been reading for a while now. I have Rathkeale allegiances so i'm sure i will have a bias towards them. First of all to deal with Friday night v Broadford. Richard Shorten got two well deserved yellow cards. The first was for a blatant pull back of a jersey. The second for a late sliding tackle. Your right that Tossie was lucky to jump out of the way. Having said that the conditions were very difficult and i think it was mistimed more than "horrific" to use your own word. I do think that Tossie made the most of a couple of other challenges by going to ground pretty easily. Rathkeale had at least 3 other players booked on Friday night and Adrian Lyons should have been sent off for a last man tackle with about 30 minutes to go. It would almost certainly have been a different result then

In relation to Sunday and in particular the Barry O'Riordan and John Kelliher incident. From where i was standing i didn't realise that John Kellher had done anything wrong at all. Barry turned around and kicked John and then there was a bit of pushing and shoving but nothing to write home abouot. I couldn't see why Barry had reacted the way he did until he pulled up the leg of his shorts to show the ref stud marks running the length of his thigh. Afterwards in the dressing room it turned out that he had stud marks on his rib cage aswell so the challenge had actually started on his rib cage with marks down to his knee. although he still should never have reacted the way he did i imagine it was a pinful challenge nad he lost the head for a split second. I don't think that John did it on purpose, i don't think that would be like him but everyone makes mistakes and mistimes things and that is probably what happened there. It probably was a yellow card. I htink like Richard Shorten on Friday it was more a case of mistiming the challenge than anything sinister. I did think that John should have been booked int he first half ofr a handball outside his box whihc looked deliberate to me which would have meant a second yellow later. As i said earlier though i am biased but i'm trying to be objective. by the way Adrain Lyons should have been sent off in the first half of the Abeby game too for another last man tackle but only got a yellow.

The Enforcer
28/08/2012, 12:11 PM
david mooney holidays
davey lyons holidays
denis greaney holidays

2 minors, a limerick footballer who wont play more that 5 games, mikey lyons nowayref has hit the nail in the head, and 3 lads I never heard of. It doesnt say much for the lads that are there. As for the Tossie comment, point proven about not giving accurate reports and a bit ironic when Barry Riordan nearly started crying with a scratch on his leg

super6
28/08/2012, 12:23 PM
Your only sour because rathkeale took points off ye and ye tought it would be a walk in the park. I myself was shocked at the result, great start by the mushes.

Horan01
28/08/2012, 1:04 PM
Anyone got the fixtures for sunday?

Friday 31st August, all 630pm
Weekly Observer Division 2
Pallaskenry V Ballysteen (L. O’Connor)
Creeves Celtic V Rathkeale Reserves (P. King)
Newcastle West B V Granagh Utd J. Molyneaux)
Abbeyfeale Utd B V Broadford Utd B (J. Roche)

Weekly Observer Division 4
Shannonside FC B V Bally Rovers (B. Barry)
Shountrade V Creeves Celtic B (E. Barrett)
Glin Rovers B V Newcastle West Rovers B (P. O’Donnell)
St. Itas B V Feenagh B (D. Wallace)

Sunday 2nd September
Weekly Observer Premier Division
Rathkeale V Shannonside FC 1130 (D. O’Gorman)
Newcastle West Rovers V Carrig Celtic 1130 (L. O’Connor)
Abbeyfeale Utd V Ballingarry 1130 (J. Roche)
Broadford Utd V Killeaney 1130 (P. Manning)
Newcastle West V Glin Rovers 1130 (T. Fitzmaurice)

Weekly Observer Division 1
Kilcornan V Rockhill Rovers 1130 (P. O’Brien)
Glantine V Askeaton 1130 (S. Hartnett)
Adare Utd V Kildimo Utd 1130 (P. King)
Athea Utd V Breska Rovers 2pm (G. O’Connor)

Weekly Observer Division 2
Pallaskenry V Feenagh 1130 (J. Molyneaux)
Creeves Celtic V Ballysteen 1130 (B. Barry)
Carrig Celtic B V Newcastle West B 230 (P. Manning)
Rathkeale Reserves V Broadford Utd B 230 (E. Barrett)
Granagh Utd V Abbeyfeale Utd B 230 (P. O’Connor)

Weekly Observer Division 3
Athea Utd B V Kilcornan B 1130 (G. O’Connor)
St. Bens V Kilcolman Rovers 230 (P. O’Donnell)
Ferry Rangers V Knockaderry 230 (D. Wallace)

Weekly Observer Division 4
Feenagh B V Bally Rovers 1130 (P. O’Donnell)
Newcastle West Rovers B V St. Itas B 230 (S. Hartnett)
Creeves Celtic B V Glin Rovers B 230 (L. O’Connor)
Shountrade V Shannonside FC B 230 (T. Fitzmaurice)

sky blue
28/08/2012, 1:28 PM
John kelliher has always been a dirty player. The reason he gets away with it is because he is sneaky about it...

skyhome
28/08/2012, 1:29 PM
2 minors, a limerick footballer who wont play more that 5 games, mikey lyons nowayref has hit the nail in the head, and 3 lads I never heard of. It doesnt say much for the lads that are there. As for the Tossie comment, point proven about not giving accurate reports and a bit ironic when Barry Riordan nearly started crying with a scratch on his leg

misfortune ya havent a clue, keep a record of the players mention ye'll hear a lot about them soon enough.

snafu
28/08/2012, 1:29 PM
Always amazes me how 2 people can watch the same incident and see two completely different things.
Its hard to know what to believe on here.

Anyway Killeaney seem to be finding it tough in the premier... I reckon they need to pick up some points quickly.

Also great to see Gary Shanahan scoring goals with Dundalk

And Anthony Forde getting some gametime with Wolves

soccer8
29/08/2012, 3:20 AM
seems like its been a lively start to the premier which is refreshing.....might have a few teams challenging this year:ball:

sky blue
29/08/2012, 10:43 AM
misfortune ya havent a clue, keep a record of the players mention ye'll hear a lot about them soon enough.

Come back to us when you have won half of what we have in rathkeale...

hulk
29/08/2012, 12:49 PM
Milkey Lyons with 2 sugars please :D[/QUOTE]

Haha milkey lyons, you'd think he would have a bit of a colour after coming back from holidays

dutchie
29/08/2012, 3:11 PM
david mooney holidays
davey lyons holidays
denis greaney holidays

An Athea man,2 Adare men,A Cappagh man,not sure about Mooney,Same old story with Rathkeale football!!!!!!!!!

Limk Soccer
29/08/2012, 3:12 PM
John kelliher has always been a dirty player. The reason he gets away with it is because he is sneaky about it...

maybe a biased point but couldn't disagree from my point of view.
The inconsistency of referring in the desmond league is sickening every year. Giving frees to teams that arent giving to the others are annoying.

Draper
30/08/2012, 12:04 AM
An Athea man,2 Adare men,A Cappagh man,not sure about Mooney,Same old story with Rathkeale football!!!!!!!!!

No GAA style parish rule in this game....

pass and move
30/08/2012, 8:52 AM

Seamus O'carroll, Eoin O'donnell, Darren Jones, David Mooney, Davey Lyons and Denis Greaney all played underage football with Rathkeale and Mikey lyons has been with the club for 4/5 seasons now. If you look at the team that played and got 4 points against Broadford and Abbeyfeale last weekend every single one of the players came through the underage system in Rathkeale although Peter O'Dea Richard Shorten and John Mooney live in Cappagh. Thats a pretty good achievement i think. Rathkeale wouldn't be the only club that ever signed a player from outside of their own ranks. Newcastle West, Broadford and Shannonside three of the most successful teams in recent times have signed a few over the years

Trumours
30/08/2012, 12:16 PM
Alright guys n girls, new to this forum, said I might as well get involved, hopefully bring a bit of sense to the threads, as it seems to be lacking in that department! Although the childish animosity is at an all time high I see, people complaining about signing here and there and parish complaints, etc. Good start to the season with some interesting results, rathkeale started well, 4 points from 2 tough games with some people tipping them for relegation? It's obvious from their b's and youths they have players coming through. Will championship football affect results this weekend, I'd say so?

skyhome
30/08/2012, 12:39 PM

3 lads you never heard of ????? davey lyons wasnt he desmond youths player of the season last year come out of ur bubble

super6
31/08/2012, 3:33 PM
Anyone know what date broadford are playing in the munster senior cup?

Jocon
31/08/2012, 7:46 PM
Shannonside never signed a player outside the parish as far as i no power & o donnell live within it

western gale
31/08/2012, 9:00 PM
Friday, August 31st

Division 2
Abbeyfeale Utd B 3 Broadford Utd B 1
Creeves Celtic 2 Rathkeale Reserves 1
Newcastle West B 0 Granagh Utd 0
Pallaskenry 3 Ballysteen 2

Division 4
Glin Rovers B 2 Newcastle West Rovers B 1
St Itas B 3 Feenagh B 2
Shannonside B 2 Bally Rovers 0
Shountrade 3 Creeves Celtic B 0

Gearysfan
01/09/2012, 7:34 AM
Anyone know what date broadford are playing in the munster senior cup?

It should be on next weekend the 8/9th Sep. Its the Munster League Champions Trophy now I think

super6
01/09/2012, 10:36 AM
Sunday 2nd September
Weekly Observer Premier Division
Rathkeale X Shannonside FC 1130 (D. O’Gorman)
Newcastle West Rovers 2 Carrig Celtic 1130 (L. O’Connor)
Abbeyfeale Utd 1 Ballingarry 1130 (J. Roche)
Broadford Utd 1 Killeaney 1130 (P. Manning)
Newcastle West 1 Glin Rovers 1130 (T. Fitzmaurice

super6
01/09/2012, 4:48 PM
Kerry, Clare, Desmond
Round 1
Newcastle West Rvs. v Adare Utd.
Shannonside Utd. v Dingle Bay Rovers
Glin Rovers v Listowel Celtic
Lifford FC v Rineanna Rovers
Carrig Celtic v St. Brendans Park
Round 2
Newcastle West FC v Castleisland FC
Ennis Town FC v Tulla Utd.
Newmarket Celtic v Abbeyfeale Utd
Rathkeale Utd. v Newcastle West Rovers or Adare Utd.
Kilkishen Celtic v Mastergeena FC
Shannon Olympic v Killarney Ath.
Coole FC v Spa Road Celtic
Pallaskenry FC v Carrig Cel or St. Brendans Park
Ballingarry FC v Burren Utd
Classic FC v Shannonside Utd or Dingle Bay Rvs
Bridge Celtic v Tralee Dynamoes
Avenue Utd v Lifford FC or Rineanna Rovers
Connolly Celtic v Killeaney FC
Broadford Utd. v Ruan Utd.
Glynn Rovers or Listowel Cel v Killarney Celtic
Bridge Utd v Rhine Rovers

1st round ties 15th 16th sept
2nd round ties 13th 14th oct

western gale
01/09/2012, 4:54 PM
Saturday, September 1st

Youths Division 1
Newcastle West 5 Abbeyfeale Utd 0
Newcastle West Rovers 6 Broadford Utd 0

Youths Division 2
Feenagh 2 Ferry Rangers 4
Carrig Celtic 1 Glantine 4
Bally Rovers 3 Askeaton 1
Pallaskenry 1 Creeves Celtic 3

Draper
02/09/2012, 2:09 PM
Broadford:2 0:Kileaney

Alan Fitz, Tossie.

western gale
02/09/2012, 5:46 PM
Sunday, September 2nd

Premier Division
Rathkeale 1 Shannonside 0
Newcastle West Rovers 0 Carrig Celtic 3
Abbeyfeale Utd 1 Ballingarry 3
Broadford Utd 2 Killeaney 0
Newcastle West 0 Glin Rovers 0

Division 1
Kilcornan 0 Rockhill Rovers 1
Glantine 3 Askeaton 0
Adare Utd 2 Kildimo Utd 4
Athea Utd 5 Breska Rovers 0

Division 2
Pallaskenry 3 Feenagh 2
Creeves Celtic 1 Ballysteen 1
Carrig Celtic B 1 Newcastle West B 1
Rathkeale Reserves 0 Broadford Utd B 1
Granagh Utd 3 Abbeyfeale Utd B 0

Division 3
St Bens 1 Kilcolman Rovers 0
Athea Utd B 2 Kilcornan B 3
Ferry Rangers V Knockaderry 230 (P. O’Donnell)

Division 4
Bally Rovers 3 Feenagh B 3
Creeves Celtic B 0 Glin Rovers B 1
Shountrade 1 Shannonside FC B 0
Newcastle West Rovers B 1 St Itas B 1

western gale
02/09/2012, 11:31 PM
Saturday, September 8th

Youths Division 2
Bally Rovers V Pallaskenry (P. Manning) 230pm

Sunday, September 9th

Munster FA League Champions Trophy 1st Round (extra time & penalties)
St. Brendans Park V Broadford Utd 2pm Tralee

Premier Division
Carrig Celtic V Rathkeale 1030am (G. O’Connor)
Killeaney V Newcastle West Rovers 130pm (T. Fitzmaurice)
Glin Rovers V Abbeyfeale Utd 1030am (P. Manning)

Division 1
St. Itas V Kildimo Utd 1030am (P. O’Connor)
Kilcornan V Old Mill 1030am (L. O’Connor)
Askeaton V Athea Utd 1130am (P. O’Brien)
Breska Rovers V Adare Utd 1130am (D. O’Gorman)

Division 2
Pallaskenry V Creeves Celtic 130pm (J. Molyneaux)
Feenagh V Newcastle West B 130pm (P. O’Donnell)
Abbeyfeale Utd B V Carrig Celtic B 130pm (J. Roche)
Granagh Utd V Rathkeale B 130pm (B. Barry)

Division 3
St. Bens V Ballingarry B 130pm (P. King)
Knockaderry V Kilcornan B 130pm (E. Barrett)
Kilcolman Rovers V Ferry Rangers 130pm (S. Hartnett)

Division 4
Newcastle West Rovers B V Bally Rovers 1030am (J. Roche)
Creeves Celtic B V Feenagh B 1030pm (D. Wallace)
Shannonside FC B V St. Itas B 130pm in Shanagolden (G. O’Connor)
Shountrade V Glin Rovers B 130pm (P. O’Brien)

sky blue
03/09/2012, 10:55 AM
Abbeyfeale will be ok I reckon.
So what are the predictions?
I'll go for: Winner : Shannonside
2nd: Broadford
Relegated: Rathkeale & Killeaney
Promoted: St. Ita's & Kildimo.
Best of luck to all the teams for the season ahead.

your predictions looking good now lad.rathkeale certain for relegation.... dont give up the day job

skyhome
03/09/2012, 11:37 AM
your predictions looking good now lad.rathkeale certain for relegation.... dont give up the day job

early days yet wouldnt want ye getting carried away there in rathkeale

southern kid
03/09/2012, 11:37 AM
Relagation prob between ncw rovers killeaney and abbey, ncw and broadford to fight it out for champs.

southern kid
03/09/2012, 11:40 AM
Just wondering why is there not a full list of fixtures this wk?i understand why 2 teams are not playing in prem with broadford in munster cup.Anyone know???

BoyBlue
03/09/2012, 12:46 PM
Rathkeale will not be giving anybody a walkover this season,it will be a struggle until the gaa is finished but after that should be ok.
The gaa has taken over in recent years with the hurlers & footballers winning county titles.
I wouldn't rule out shannonside, very good manager this season from what I've heard.
Strange the players leaving NCW Rovers, they had a decent side at the end of last season staying up comfortably in the end.
Shannonside to win it with broadford & NCW for 2nd.
Killeaney & any of the others by the sounds of it to be relegated.
Best of luck to everyone involved for the season ahead.

This was my revised prediction after finding out a bit more from within the club. Great to have you back on here skyblue after a couple of seasons during which you were very quiet,rathkeale being sh1t last couple of seasons might have had something to do with that of course. It's amazing when a fellas team has a few decent results.
Seriously It's great to see rathkeale doing well again,great facilities and always play nice football.

Horan01
03/09/2012, 1:17 PM
Sunday, September 2nd

Premier Division
Rathkeale 1 Shannonside 0
Newcastle West Rovers 0 Carrig Celtic 3
Abbeyfeale Utd 1 Ballingarry 3
Broadford Utd 2 Killeaney 0
Newcastle West 0 Glin Rovers 0

Great result by Ballingarry away to Abbey, anyone at that game with a report?

Team
GP
W
D
L
Pts.
GF
GC
GD

Carrig Celtic (http://foot.ie/index.php?opt=viewteam&id=0017&sid=000000000018)

Newcastle West (http://foot.ie/index.php?opt=viewteam&id=0023&sid=000000000018)

Rathkeale (http://foot.ie/index.php?opt=viewteam&id=0021&sid=000000000018)

Ballingarry (http://foot.ie/index.php?opt=viewteam&id=0026&sid=000000000018)

Shannonside FC (http://foot.ie/index.php?opt=viewteam&id=0018&sid=000000000018)

Broadford Utd (http://foot.ie/index.php?opt=viewteam&id=0020&sid=000000000018)

Glin Rovers (http://foot.ie/index.php?opt=viewteam&id=0022&sid=000000000018)

Abbeyfeale Utd (http://foot.ie/index.php?opt=viewteam&id=0019&sid=000000000018)

Newcastle Rovers (http://foot.ie/index.php?opt=viewteam&id=0033&sid=000000000018)

Killeaney (http://foot.ie/index.php?opt=viewteam&id=0027&sid=000000000018)

super6
04/09/2012, 10:08 PM
Some good games in the premier this weekend, killeaney looking for there first point out of 4 games,glin and abbey is always tight , and a top of the table clash between carrig and rathkeale.

nathanbrown
05/09/2012, 5:10 PM
I dont see why everyone is so hyped about Shannonside. I saw them play a friendly against a division 1 side and they were very average and lost, although I think they had to give them a couple of players because they couldnt field a team. The 2 most impressive players on the pitch were on the Kilcornan team. A center forward, Smithy i think, he was extremely impressive, surprised not to see a big team snap him up, their goalie was very good aswell. Shannonsides wasnt. Im impressed with Rathkeale this year. 2 Lyons brothers to come back in to that team yet, they will go a long way i think. Personally I think its a toss up between NCW and Broadford. Rathkeale will be close, Shannonside maybe top half. I havent seen Carrig yet this year, I might go and see them this weekend or next. I was at a couple of division 1 games aswell, Athea are looking good, really solid at the back. I hear Kildimo are going very well but havent seen them, i believe they signed a few new players this year.

I see Declan Normoyle played the first 2 games for Breska despite being suspended, what happens there

Jocon
07/09/2012, 3:32 PM
I dont see why everyone is so hyped about Shannonside. I saw them play a friendly against a division 1 side and they were very average and lost, although I think they had to give them a couple of players because they couldnt field a team. The 2 most impressive players on the pitch were on the Kilcornan team. A center forward, Smithy i think, he was extremely impressive, surprised not to see a big team snap him up, their goalie was very good aswell. Shannonsides wasnt. Im impressed with Rathkeale this year. 2 Lyons brothers to come back in to that team yet, they will go a long way i think. Personally I think its a toss up between NCW and Broadford. Rathkeale will be close, Shannonside maybe top half. I havent seen Carrig yet this year, I might go and see them this weekend or next. I was at a couple of division 1 games aswell, Athea are looking good, really solid at the back. I hear Kildimo are going very well but havent seen them, i believe they signed a few new players this year.

I see Declan Normoyle played the first 2 games for Breska despite being suspended, what happens there

Ya must agree with you re:shannonside i watched them against ncw they had alot of the ball but couldnt use it,very poor footballers for the most part with the exception of 3/4 there keeper kept them in it, think they may struggle to stay up, big come down from last season