Creeves Celtic 0 Newcastle West B 1

Division 3
Ferry Rangers 1 Kilcornan B 0

Division 4
Newcastle West Rovers B 3 Feenagh B 0

snafu
30/09/2012, 3:19 PM
Carrig Celtic 4 Abbeyfeale Utd 3

Sounds like a cracker. Any report on this game?

Anyone know why the Killeaney game was off?

Its not looking good for Rovers either

western gale
30/09/2012, 4:50 PM

Both rathkeale games off today due to a bereavement

western gale
30/09/2012, 4:52 PM
Richard Hogan Cup 1st Round

Rathkeale Reserves V Granagh Utd off
St Bens 0 Abbeyfeale Utd B 3
Bally Rovers 0 Pallaskenry 2

fanaticfan
30/09/2012, 5:50 PM

it sounds like a cracker alright. was listening to the radio and carrig were 4-1 up at one stage. killeaneys game was called off due to bereavement in the rathkeale side.ncw rovers look doomed after another defeat today.no harm anyway with the state of their field.

western gale
30/09/2012, 7:57 PM
Saturday, October 6th

FAI Youths Cup 1st Round (et & pens)
Newcastle West Rovers V Tralee Dynamoes 230 (G. O’Connor)

Sunday, October 7th

Reidy Cup 1st Round (et & pens)
Rockhill Rovers V Granagh Utd 1130 (L. O’Connor)
Ballingarry B V Rathkeale B 230 (C. Dalton)

Premier Division
Newcastle West V Rathkeale 1130 (G. O’Connor)
Abbeyfeale Utd V Killeaney 1130 (J. Roche)
Newcastle West Rovers V Ballingarry 1130 (P. O’Brien)
Shannonside V Carrig Celtic 1130 (P. Manning)

Division 1
Adare Utd V St. Itas 1100 (B. Nash)
Old Mill V Askeaton 1130 (S. Hartnett)
Glantine V Kilcornan 1130 (P. King)

Division 2
Creeves Celtic V Feenagh 1130 (D. Wallace)
Broadford Utd B V Carrig Celtic B 230 (T. Fitzmaurice)
Ballysteen V Newcastle West B 230 (P. O’Brien)

Division 3
St Bens V Athea Utd B 230 (P. O’Donnell)

Division 4
St Itas B V Bally Rovers 230 (D. Wallace)
Shountrade V Newcastle West Rovers B 230 (S. Hartnett)

BoyBlue
30/09/2012, 8:37 PM
it sounds like a cracker alright. was listening to the radio and carrig were 4-1 up at one stage. killeaneys game was called off due to bereavement in the rathkeale side.ncw rovers look doomed after another defeat today.no harm anyway with the state of their field.

Abbey really should have got something from this game but fair play to carrig Celtic they took their chances. Have NCW Rovers not got a new pitch in the pipeline? They will be a loss to the premier division if like it looks, they will be relegated,imo they always play decent football any time I've seen them.
Big win for broadford today, that would make them favourites at this stage I'd say!

fanaticfan
30/09/2012, 10:00 PM
ya i think ncw rover are getting a new field next year and should be ready for the start of next year but then again kildimo look to be coming back up and kildimos field is 10 times worse than ncw rovers field and at least ncw rovers have something to change in..then again saying that kildimo isnt a big place and it is hard to raise money these days for clubs..

i was at the newcastle west - glin match today.good game with 5 goals and a missed penalty.that joyce fella ncw signed from ncw rover was veey good for ncw bagging a hat trick and tommy culhane was good for glin.very dangerous everytime he got the ball.the glin keeper made a big boo boo at the end when it was 2 all and in inury time wen a long shot was fumbled and joyce ran in and tapped it in..ncw were the better team but their defending was poor today but the upper part of the team was very good..

walkover
01/10/2012, 9:04 AM
Abbey really should have got something from this game but fair play to carrig Celtic they took their chances. Have NCW Rovers not got a new pitch in the pipeline? They will be a loss to the premier division if like it looks, they will be relegated,imo they always play decent football any time I've seen them.
Big win for broadford today, that would make them favourites at this stage I'd say!

Yes Rovers should have a new pitch ready for next season!! Have been missing a number players every week with a number of lads playing football and hurling still. Even tho the scoreline of 3-0 against Shannonside wouldn't suggest it, the game was actually quite tight with 3 soft goals given away! Still trying to play decent football too :)

jaorta
01/10/2012, 11:36 AM
I heard they signed a keeper, I was told it was Paudie Ivess. heard nothing definite though

Look Nathan, its one thing players of the standard of the two that left Kilcornan for Shannonside moving to improve themselves but
with all due respect they wouldnt just take a goalkeeper for the sake of it.Kilcornans team is depleated enough without taking their goalkeeper
to warm the bench as well.Ivess is a nice keeper but would fall short of the required standard.

Desmonder
01/10/2012, 3:32 PM
Heard that NCW second goal was well off side and that the ref gave NCW a very dubious penalty. Apparently, even NCW Players could not believe their luck. Justice was done when NCW missed it. Glin Rovers hit the bar twice. Big clanger by Glin GK who dropped the ball for the 3rd goal in almost last kick of the match to gift NCW a tap in. Tough on GK who played well – happens to the best!! Not taking anything away from NCW whom are a fine side, you take the chances you are given and they did that to a T! Glin Rvs are a match for any team on their day – had a bad start to season though!! Not sure if Junior Football is affecting them or not?

nathanbrown
01/10/2012, 9:49 PM
Jaorta, firstly I only commented on what I heard and stated I wasnt sure about it, from speaking to a senior member of the Shannonside team I was told that they had approached Ivess but he apparently turned them down. I do agree that the 2 lads that left Kilcornan left to try and do better for themselves and train under an experienced coach as they are young and have a lot to learn. I also agree that Ivess would have nothing to gain by going to Shannonside, hes surely pushing 30 and what can he gain by going there, but I do think he is a very decent goalie. I would have him very close to the oscar traynor panel if we had one as there isnt many around better than him.
Im not getting in to a debate about it because its just my opinion. Yours is valid also. While i mentioned it though I think it is very disappointing not to have a oscar traynor panel this year, there is the makings of a very good team with all the youngsters blossoming in the last season or 2 I think we couldve challenged for honours

super6
02/10/2012, 1:26 PM
Cant recall glin hitting the bar twice and the pen was a definite but there was a debatable hand ball leading up it to be fare.Big mistake by the keeper as you said and made some decent saves throughout the match but gifted ncw victory in the final mins.

super6
02/10/2012, 1:31 PM
Premier Division
PREDICTIONS
Newcastle West V Rathkeale 1130 (G. O’Connor) NCW to edge it
Abbeyfeale Utd V Killeaney 1130 (J. Roche) Home
Newcastle West Rovers V Ballingarry 1130 (P. O’Brien) Away if it goes ahead
Shannonside V Carrig Celtic 1130 (P. Manning Score draw

desmondwest
02/10/2012, 2:31 PM
Carrig went 4-1 up, abbey awarded a controversial penalty in the 2nd half, Carrig missed a penalty & hit the upright twice in the last 15mins... Blue boy ''Abbey really should have got something from this game''..cant see how you could justify that statement !!

sexyfootball
02/10/2012, 2:42 PM
Desmonder, Super6 is right! It was a deafinate penalty but also true about a potential handball before the final goal of the game to! Dont remember the hitting of the crossbar either though. Your right about Glin being a match for anyoone on their day but they always have too many off days during a season & as you said the junior football will be affecting them massively also. Newcastle wernt great but still got the win and at the end of the day the result is all that matters!

fanaticfan
02/10/2012, 5:09 PM
i agree with sexy football and super6.it was a clear penalty and cant remember glin hitting the bar twice.i also think there was a handball before the final goal being scored.glin are a match to any side in the desmond league and will put it up to other teams in the coming weeks.newcastle didnt play well and as sexy football said they came away with the win and are now in the next round which will be a tough game for newcastle away to abbeyfeale.

Desmonder
03/10/2012, 12:08 AM
Ye all cant be wrong so I stand corrected about hitting bar twice and penno being dodgy! Was not at it so was relying on account from a friend! Are many NCW players involved with Senior Footballers. The final is not scheduled for few more weeks! Talking about dragging it out! GAA season is very long!

western gale
07/10/2012, 9:54 AM
Saturday, October 6th

FAI Youths Cup 1st Round
Newcastle West Rovers 5 Tralee Dynamos 0

western gale
07/10/2012, 2:19 PM
Sunday, October 7th

Reidy Cup 1st Round
Rockhill Rovers 3 Granagh Utd 2

Premier Division
Newcastle West 3 Rathkeale 2
Abbeyfeale Utd 3 Killeaney 0
Newcastle West Rovers V Ballingarry off
Shannonside 2 Carrig Celtic 1

Division 1
Adare Utd V St Itas off
Old Mill 1 Askeaton 1
Glantine 4 Kilcornan 1

Division 2
Creeves Celtic 1 Feenagh 2

western gale
07/10/2012, 5:04 PM
Reidy Cup 1st Round
Rockhill Rovers 3 Granagh Utd 2

Division 2
Creeves Celtic 1 Feenagh 2
Ballysteen 3 Newcastle West B 3

Division 3
St Bens 1 Athea Utd B 2

Division 4
Shountrade 1 Newcastle West Rovers B 1

fanaticfan
07/10/2012, 8:38 PM
went to the newcastle west vs rathkeale games which are always great games to watch and wasnt disappointed either this morning.ncw went up 3-0 with goals from daniel power and 2 from the fitzgerald fella.they seemed to back off a bit and then rathkeale came back into it and got 2 goals to make it a good end to the game but ncw held out 3-2 winners

ncw rovers game called off this morning over their pitch,can rover not just play the rest of their games away from home or something cos they might be able to play a match then cos most of their home games seem to be called off

fanaticfan
07/10/2012, 8:39 PM
Team
GP
W
D
L
Pts.
GF
GC
GD

Newcastle West (http://www.limerickdesmondleague.ie/cc/index.php?opt=viewteam&id=0023&sid=000000000018)

Ballingarry (http://www.limerickdesmondleague.ie/cc/index.php?opt=viewteam&id=0026&sid=000000000018)

Rathkeale (http://www.limerickdesmondleague.ie/cc/index.php?opt=viewteam&id=0021&sid=000000000018)

Carrig Celtic (http://www.limerickdesmondleague.ie/cc/index.php?opt=viewteam&id=0017&sid=000000000018)

Shannonside FC (http://www.limerickdesmondleague.ie/cc/index.php?opt=viewteam&id=0018&sid=000000000018)

Abbeyfeale Utd (http://www.limerickdesmondleague.ie/cc/index.php?opt=viewteam&id=0019&sid=000000000018)

Broadford Utd (http://www.limerickdesmondleague.ie/cc/index.php?opt=viewteam&id=0020&sid=000000000018)

Killeaney (http://www.limerickdesmondleague.ie/cc/index.php?opt=viewteam&id=0027&sid=000000000018)

Glin Rovers (http://www.limerickdesmondleague.ie/cc/index.php?opt=viewteam&id=0022&sid=000000000018)

Newcastle Rovers (http://www.limerickdesmondleague.ie/cc/index.php?opt=viewteam&id=0033&sid=000000000018)

western gale
07/10/2012, 11:28 PM
Saturday 13th October

Munster Youths Cup 2nd Round (extra time & penalties)
Newcastle West Rovers V Pallaskenry 230 (S. Hartnett)

Youths Division 1
Newcastle West V Broadford Utd 230 (P. O’Connor)

Youths Division 2, all 230
St. Itas V Askeaton (P. King)
Feenagh V Creeves Celtic (J. Roche)
Bally Rovers V Ferry Rangers (D. Wallace)

Sunday 14th October

FAI Junior Cup 2nd Round (extra time & penalties)
Rathkeale V Newcastle West Rovers 1130 (P. O’Connor)
Newcastle West V Castleisland 230 (P. O’Brien)
Pallaskenry V St. Brendans Park 230 (T. Fitzmaurice)
Ballingarry V Burren Utd 230 (P. Manning)
Broadford Utd V Ruan Utd 230 (G. O’Connor)
Connolly Celtic V Killeaney 230
Newmarket Celtic V Abbeyfeale Utd 2pm

Richard Hogan Cup 1st Round (extra time & penalties)
Newcastle West Rovers B V Ballysteen 230 (D. Wallace)
Rathkeale Reserves V Granagh Utd 230pm (S. Hartnett)
Weekly Observer Premier Division
Glin Rovers V Shannonside FC 1130 (D. O’Gorman)

Division 1
Old Mill V Breska Rovers 1130 (G. O’Connor)
Athea Utd V St. Itas 1130 (P. O’Donnell)
Rockhill Rovers V Glantine 1130 (P. King)
Askeaton V Kilcornan 1130 (L. O’Connor)

Division 2
Feenagh V Carrig Celtic B 1130 (E. Barrett)

Division 3
Ferry Rangers V St. Bens 230 (C. Dalton)

Division 4
Bally Rovers V Shountrade 1130 (J. Roche)
Shannonside FC B V Glin Rovers B 230 in Shanagolden (L. O’Connor)
Creeves Celtic B V St. Itas B 230 (P. King)

fanaticfan
08/10/2012, 10:26 AM
Rathkeale V Newcastle West Rovers 1130 (home)
Newcastle West V Castleisland 230 (home)
Pallaskenry V St. Brendans Park 230 (away)
Ballingarry V Burren Utd 230 (home)
Broadford Utd V Ruan Utd 230 (home)
Connolly Celtic V Killeaney 230 home
Newmarket Celtic V Abbeyfeale Utd 2pm away

Richard Hogan Cup 1st Round (extra time & penalties)
Newcastle West Rovers B V Ballysteen 230 (away)
Rathkeale Reserves V Granagh Utd 230pm (home)
Glin Rovers V Shannonside FC 1130 (away)

Division 1
Old Mill V Breska Rovers 1130 (away)
Athea Utd V St. Itas 1130 (homel)
Rockhill Rovers V Glantine 1130 (home)
Askeaton V Kilcornan 1130 (away)

Division 2
Feenagh V Carrig Celtic B 1130 (draw)

Division 3
Ferry Rangers V St. Bens 230 (home)

Division 4
Bally Rovers V Shountrade 1130 (home)
Shannonside FC B V Glin Rovers B 230 in Shanagolden (home)
Creeves Celtic B V St. Itas B 230 (away)

last man back
09/10/2012, 8:06 PM
Lads fai 3rd rd draw is on fai junior cup forum ncw and abbey due to meet again if both win

Jocon
09/10/2012, 9:26 PM
Glin shannonside looks to be a good game @ weekend seen shannonside a few times this season seem to be getting stronger with games, great game against carrig last week although carrig could have easily won too draw prob fair result, predictions ?? Draw for me

Aldo
09/10/2012, 10:01 PM
FAI JUNIOR CUP 3RD ROUND DRAW

Classic fc or Dingle Bay Rvs v Rathkeale Utd or NCW Rvs
Ballingary or Burren Utd v Pallaskenry Utd or St Brendans Park
Bridge Utd or Rhine Rvs v Avenue Utd (Clare)
Connolly Celtic or Killeaney v Broadford Utd or Ruan Utd
Shannon Olympic or Killarney Athletic v Kilkishen Celtic or Mastergeeha fc
Ennis Town Rock (Clare) v Bridge Celtic or Tralee Dynamos
Listowel or Killarney Celtic v Coole Fc or Spa Road Celtic
Newmarket Celtic or Abbeyfeale Utd v NCW or Castleisland
Ties to be played 3rd/4th November

super6
11/10/2012, 8:22 AM
A couple of good ties the weekend with abbey playing the clare champions and NCW playing kerry league runners up and winners to play each other. i expect broadford to win handy the weekend too.Best of luck to all teams the weekend hopefully all desmond teams progress to round 3.

BoyBlue
11/10/2012, 1:05 PM
Tough game for Abbey against the Clare champions who were only beaten in extra time by pike last Sunday in the munster champions tournament. Hard to see anything but a home win.Ncw V castleisland should be a good game both good teams this season, castleisland might just have too much from what I've heard about them.

answers
12/10/2012, 3:10 AM
have glin given up on the soccer looking at the table there its dissapointing thought they were winning desmond cups a few years back when you see killeaney ahead of them no wonder the two sheehans left. have they entered any team into the fai or are they still looking to replace there goalie heard lyons was a major lose due to the gaa.

super6
12/10/2012, 7:46 AM
What have you heard about castleisland boyblue?

BoyBlue
12/10/2012, 3:05 PM
What have you heard about castleisland boyblue?

I saw them play last season and they were strong up the middle and apparently they have strengthened from that.

Aldo
12/10/2012, 3:12 PM
I saw them play last season and they were strong up the middle and apparently they have strengthened from that.

They are different from last season, 3 players have retired from the team that won 2 cups and finished second in the Premier Division last season. Plus a new manager for the first time in 5 years . The new manager is trying to get his team to play more football than the very direct style they have used in previuos seasons. This season so far has been going ok for them having played 5 league games with 2 win, 2 Draws and 1 loss which came last sunday away to Killarney Celtic. Still a very physical side who are very dangerous from set pieces due to the height off the team .

dutchie
12/10/2012, 4:01 PM
have glin given up on the soccer looking at the table there its dissapointing thought they were winning desmond cups a few years back when you see killeaney ahead of them no wonder the two sheehans left. have they entered any team into the fai or are they still looking to replace there goalie heard lyons was a major lose due to the gaa.

Who is over Glin this year,they were always a hard team to beat.

soccer8
12/10/2012, 9:33 PM

Glin always do enough to stay a Premier side.....they hit patchs of good and bad results GAA always affects them.....they have Stack in goals for awile now who is a good keeper.....I guarantee you he will finish above kileaney in the league....they put it up to NCW couple of weeks ago in the Munster Junior so I dont think they have given up????

fanaticfan
13/10/2012, 5:47 PM
glin always do enough towards the end of the season to stay in the premier division.they will def finish above killeaney in the league..they put it up twice to ncw in the league and munster junior so they canrt be that bad..

western gale
14/10/2012, 9:38 AM
Saturday, October 13th

Munster Youths Cup 2nd Round
Newcastle West Rovers 7 Pallaskenry 1

Youths Division 1
Newcastle West 7 Broadford Utd 0

Youths Division 2
Bally Rovers 5 Ferry Rangers
St Itas V Askeaton off
Feenagh V Creeves Celtic off

fanaticfan
14/10/2012, 11:01 AM
best of luck to all desmond teams playing in the fai junior cup today

churchtownroad
14/10/2012, 12:45 PM
breska 1 -1 Old Mill brian o neilll scored for Old Mill

western gale
14/10/2012, 2:09 PM
FAI Junior Cup 2nd Round
Rathkeale 2 Newcastle West Rovers 0

Premier Division
Glin Rovers 2 Shannonside 2

Division 1
Old Mill 1 Breska Rovers 1
Athea Utd 0 St Itas 3
Rockhill Rovers 0 Glantine 0

Division 2
Feenagh V Carrig Celtic B off

Aldo
14/10/2012, 3:34 PM
Pallaskenry 1-3 st Brendan's park (Kerry )

fanaticfan
14/10/2012, 10:37 PM
fai junior cup

rathkeale afc 2-0 newcastle west rovers
newcastle west afc 2-1 castleisland
newmarket celtic 1-2 abbeyfeale united

fanaticfan
14/10/2012, 11:29 PM
Fixtures 20/21 October 2012

ALL FIXTURES are subject to alteration until published in the Weekly Observer.

Saturday 20th October
FAI Youths Cup 2nd Round (extra time & penalties) all 230
Newcastle West V Listowel Celtic (P. King)
Rathkeale V Newcastle West Rovers (E. Barrett)
Killarney Celtic FC V Broadford United
St. Brendan’s Park FC V Adare United

Sunday 21st October
Munster Junior Cup 2nd Round (extra time & penalties)
Adare Utd V Killeaney 1130 (P. Manning)
Glin Rovers B V Carrig Celtic 230 (P. O’Donnell)

Reidy Cup 2nd Round (extra time & penalties)
Kildimo Utd V Glantine 1130 (G. O’Connor)
Askeaton V Rathkeale Reserves 230 (D. Wallace)
Ferry Rangers V Rockhill Rovers 230 (C. Dalton)
Abbeyfeale Utd B V Ballysteen 230 (P. King)
Feenagh B V Bally Rovers 1130 (P. O’Donnell)

Richard Hogan Cup 2nd Round (extra time & penalties)
Knockaderry V Creeves Celtic 1130 (J. Roche)
Kilcornan B V Ballingarry B 230 (G. O’Connor)
Pallaskenry V St. Itas B 1130 (E. Barrett)

Shannonside FC V Abbeyfeale Utd 1130 (T. Fitzmaurice) in Aughinish.
Broadford Utd V Newcastle West Rovers 1030 (P. O’Brien)
Ballingarry V Newcastle West 1130 (D. O’Gorman)

Weekly Observer Division 1
St. Itas V Old Mill 230 (J. Roche)

Weekly Observer Division 2
Feenagh V Carrig Celtic B in Carrickerry 1130 (S. Hartnett)

Weekly Observer Division 4
Creeves Celtic B V Newcastle West Rovers B 230 (J. Molyneaux)

Aldo
15/10/2012, 8:24 AM
FAI Junior Cup
Kerry, Clare, Desmond
Round 1
Newcastle West Rvs (Desmond) 4-2 Adare Utd (Desmond)
Shannonside Utd (Desmond) 2-2 Dingle Bay Rovers (Kerry), Dingle won 5-3 on Pens
Glin Rovers (Desmond) 0-0 Listowel Celtic (Kerry), Listowel won 6-5 on Pens
Lifford FC (Clare) 11-0 Rineanna Rovers (Clare)
Carrig Celtic (Desmond) 1-2 St. Brendans Park (Kerry), AET
Round 2
Newcastle West FC (Desmond) 2-1 Castleisland FC (Kerry) AET
Ennis Town FC (Clare) 2-1 Tulla Utd (Clare)
Newmarket Celtic (Clare) 1-2 Abbeyfeale Utd (Desmond)
Rathkeale Utd (Desmond) 2-0 Newcastle West Rovers (Desmond)
Kilkishen Celtic (Clare) 1-4 Mastergeena FC (Kerry)
Shannon Olympic (Clare) 1-6 Killarney Ath (Kerry)
Coole FC (Clare) 2-3 Spa Road Celtic (Kerry) AET
Pallaskenry FC (Desmond) 1-3 St Brendans Park(Kerry)
Ballingarry FC (Desmond) 1-0 Burren Utd (Clare)
Classic FC (Kerry) 3-1 Dingle Bay Rvs (Kerry)
Bridge Celtic (Clare) 1-2 Tralee Dynamos (Kerry)
Avenue Utd (Clare) 6-2 Lifford FC (Clare)
Connolly Celtic (Clare) 3-6 Killeaney FC (Desmond) AET
Broadford Utd (Desmond) 3-0 Ruan Utd(Clare)
Listowel Celtic (Kerry) 0-2 Killarney Celtic (Kerry)
Bridge Utd (Clare) 5-0 Rhine Rovers (Clare)
Round 3
Classic fc (Kerry) v Rathkeale Utd (Desmond)
Ballingary (Desmond) v St Brendans Park (Kerry)
Bridge Utd (Clare) v Avenue Utd (Clare)
Killeaney (Desmond) v Broadford Utd (Desmond)
Killarney Athletic (Kerry) v Mastergeeha fc (Kerry)
Ennis Town Rock (Clare) v Tralee Dynamos (Kerry)
Killarney Celtic (Kerry) v Spa Road Celtic (Kerry)
Abbeyfeale Utd (Desmond) v NCW (Desmond)

1st round ties 15th /16th sept
2nd round ties 13th/ 14th oct
3rd round ties 03rd/4th Nov

fanaticfan
15/10/2012, 9:59 AM
great day yesterday for the desmond sides in the fai with 6 outta 8 teams going through..some interesting 3rd round game with ncw away to abbeyfeale and ballingarry at home to tralee dynamos,rathkeale away to classic fc should be good also.

realcelt
15/10/2012, 12:23 PM
great day yesterday for the desmond sides in the fai with 6 outta 8 teams going through..some interesting 3rd round game with ncw away to abbeyfeale and ballingarry at home to tralee dynamos,rathkeale away to classic fc should be good also.
Tralee Dynamos are away to Ennis Town,u probably mean St Brendans Park!!

fanaticfan
15/10/2012, 1:39 PM
Tralee Dynamos are away to Ennis Town,u probably mean St Brendans Park!!

haha ya your right there.dunno where i got tralee dynamos from..should be good game

snafu
15/10/2012, 1:55 PM
Question for everyone.

If a freekick is given away around the halfway line, can a player stand over the ball to prevent a quick free kick?
I know that you are allowed do it at the edge of the box.

Also Classic FC is a great name

skyhome
15/10/2012, 2:23 PM
as far as i know you can stand over it

Question for everyone.

If a freekick is given away around the halfway line, can a player stand over the ball to prevent a quick free kick?
I know that you are allowed do it at the edge of the box.

Also Classic FC is a great name