PDA

View Full Version : Limerick Desmond League 2012/13

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Desmonder
19/11/2012, 1:37 PM
I heard the army are playing today! Couldn't find anything on line to confirm it though!
Best of luck to Tommy! He is a boss player that could be playing at a much higher level! No disrespect to Glin Rovers or Desmond League intended!

Desmonder
19/11/2012, 1:43 PM
See link below:
http://sportsnewsireland.com/soccer/irish-defence-forces-chase-military-world-cup-qualification223123/

soccer8
19/11/2012, 11:25 PM
Best of luck Tommy......fair play

Feale Side
20/11/2012, 5:04 PM
The league in my eyes will turn into a two horse race between b’ford and ncw if the games in hand go in their favour, big surprise that abbey havn’t started as well as other seasons probably due to injuries and gaa at the start of the season but with a good mixture of old and young players i fully expect em to make a late drive for the league as their well good enough!!

Totally agree with Desmonder Tommy Culhane has enough ability to play at a higher level and if i’m brutally honest he is wasteing his time at glin having to fight relegation each year staying up by the skin of their teeth

soccer8
21/11/2012, 2:23 AM
http://fai.ie/international/defence-forces/102903-irish-defence-forces-beaten-by-dutch.html

Tommy culhane started for the irish defence forces....

western gale
21/11/2012, 10:45 AM
LEAGUE CUP DRAWS

Premier Division League Cup 1st Round
Newcastle West Rovers v Ballingarry
Shannonside v Broadford Utd

Division 1 League Cup 1st Round
St Itas v Kilcornan
Askeaton v Athea Utd

Division 2 League Cup 1st Round
Carrig Celtic B v Abbeyfeale Utd B
Ballysteen v Broadford Utd B

nathanbrown
21/11/2012, 12:20 PM
Shannonside v Broadford. That should draw a crowd. Hopefully they produce something a bit better than the finals they played last year

KnowItAll
21/11/2012, 9:11 PM
Shannonside v Broadford. That should draw a crowd. Hopefully they produce something a bit better than the finals they played last year

What the hell are you talking about Nathanbrown. The football Shannonside played in the League cup final was brilliant, they destroyed Broadford so it was obvious that the Desmond Cup final was going to be tight. They had to change their gameplan and Shannonside had to combat that, as a result games were tight

fanaticfan
22/11/2012, 6:32 PM
i agree with everything feale side said.i can see broadford and ncw being the only two teams going for the league at the end of the season.the winners of the ncw and broadford games home and away will be the winners of the league i think..fair play to tommy culhane on playing for irelandwith the army.a class act and wasting his time playing for glin rovers.well capable playing for a bigger club in the league like broadford or ncw or even a big team in the city league..some good matches this weekend in the fai junior cup with ncw vs rathkeale and broadford vs killarney athletic..ill go with ncw and killarney getting into the open stages

nathanbrown
23/11/2012, 9:49 AM
I only saw the Desmond cup games

sexyfootball
23/11/2012, 1:32 PM
The league is only in the early stages yet, Ballingarry are top & no mention of them! Newcastle West and Broadford are probably favourites alright but I reckon the likes of Rathkeale, Ballingarry & Shannonside will be there or there abouts also!
Tommy Culhane is one of the best players in the league & clearly has the ability to play at a higher level but maybe he just likes playing for his hometown club something which is to be admired! Also fair play to him representing his country, great achievement!

soccer8
24/11/2012, 5:40 PM
http://www.fai.ie/international/102913-irish-defence-forces-military-world-championship-campaign-ends.html

Culhane started against Germany 1-1 but failed to qualify well done to him though.....

western gale
24/11/2012, 7:55 PM
Saturday, November 24th

FAI Youths Inter League Cup Group 3
Cork Youths League 4 Limerick Desmond 0 (half time 1-0)

Youths Division 2 League Cup Quarter Finals
Breska Rovers 6 Glantine 1
Ferry Rangers V Bally Rovers off

Youths Division 2
Carrig Celtic 1 Feenagh 0
St Itas V Pallaskenry off

fifty50
25/11/2012, 5:03 AM
Any report on the youths match?? I hear cork are very strong this year..

western gale
25/11/2012, 12:49 PM
Sunday, November 25th

FAI Umbro Junior Cup 4th Round
Newcastle West 3 Rathkeale 2

Munster Junior Cup 3rd Round
Ballingarry 3 Carrig Celtic 2

Richard Hogan Cup 2nd Round
Abbeyfeale Utd B V Feenagh off

Richard Hogan Cup Quarter Final
Glin Rovers B 2 Broadford Utd B 0

Reidy Cup Quarter Final
Rockhill Rovers V Rathkeale Reserves off

Division 1
Askeaton 2 Breska Rovers 5

Division 4
Newcastle West Rovers B V Creeves Celtic B off
St Itas B V Bally Rovers off
Feenagh B V Shannonside B off

western gale
25/11/2012, 5:05 PM
Sunday, November 25th

FAI Umbro Junior Cup 4th Round
Newcastle West 3 Rathkeale 2
Broadford Utd V Killarney Celtic off

Ballingarry 3 Carrig Celtic 2

Richard Hogan Cup 2nd Round
Abbeyfeale Utd B V Feenagh off

Richard Hogan Cup Quarter Finals
Glin Rovers B 2 Broadford Utd B 0
Kilcornan B V Ferry Rangers off

Reidy Cup Quarter Final
Rockhill Rovers V Rathkeale Reserves off

Division 1
Askeaton 2 Breska Rovers 5
Adare Utd 0 St Itas 3

Division 2
Carrig Celtic B V Ballysteen off

Division 4
Newcastle West Rovers B V Creeves Celtic B off
St Itas B V Bally Rovers off
Feenagh B V Shannonside B off

NOTE - Just 8 out of the 13 games fixed beat the weather

soccer8
25/11/2012, 5:55 PM
big win for ncw any reports ?what happenend d youths?

fanaticfan
25/11/2012, 6:43 PM
was at the ncw vs rathkeale game this morning. very sloppy game with the weather being bad and the pitch also not in good condition.ncw went up 1-0 through daniel power (i think it was him anyway).rathkeale got the next goal from a free kick from the half way line. ball kicked into the box and went straight in.alan o shea put rathkeale in front and then ncw got two goals from their striker and the winner scored by joyce.rathkeale had a man sent off after the ncw 3rd goal cos i think the rathkeale player were saying it was handball..was gonna go to broadford vs killarney also but it wasa called off.hopefully broadford can beat them so we can have 2 desmond teams in the open draw

last man back
25/11/2012, 8:38 PM
I taught rathkeale were unlucky, they missed 2 great chances when they led 2 1 . The ncw equaliser looked like an own goal to me

Aldo
26/11/2012, 9:34 AM
Desmond / Kerry / Clare
4th ROUND
NCW (Desmond) 3-1 Rathkeale Utd (Desmond)
Killarney Celtic (Kerry) v Broadford Utd (Desmond)
Bridge Utd (Clare) v Killarney Athletic (Kerry)
St Brendans Park (Kerry) 1-0 Ennis Town Rock (Clare)

NCW and St Brendans Park both advance to the Last 64 after yesterdays wins. Anyone know when this draw is being made . Believe the 5th round ties are to be played on the weekend 8th/9th December .

fanaticfan
26/11/2012, 10:20 AM
Fixtures 1/2 December 2012

ALL FIXTURES are subject to alteration until published in the Weekly Observer.

Saturday 1st December
FAI Umbro Youths Cup 2nd Round (extra time & penalties)
Killarney Celtic V Rathkeale 2pm

Saturday 1st December
Munster Football Association Champions Trophy Final (extra time & penalties)
Pike Rovers (Limerick) V St. Brendans Park (Kerry), 7pm, Clounreask, (D. O’Gorman, T. Fitzmaurice, G. O’Connor, L. O’Connor)

Sunday 2nd December
FAI Umbro Cup 4th Round (extra time & penalties)
Killarney Celtic V Broadford Utd 2pm

Munster Junior Cup 3rd Round (extra time & penalties)
Newcastle West Rovers V Newcastle West 1130 (P. O’Connor)

Richard Hogan Cup 2nd Round (extra time & penalties)
Abbeyfeale Utd V Feenagh 2pm (E. Barrett)

Reidy Cup Quarter Finals (extra time & penalties)
Broadford Utd B V Newcastle West B 2pm (P. O’Brien)
Glantine V Breska Rovers 2pm (P. King)

Richard Hogan Cup Quarter Finals (extra time & penalties)
Carrig Celtic B V Pallaskenry 2pm (P. Manning)
Kilcornan B V Ferry Rangers 2pm (B. Nash)

Weekly Observer Division 1 League Cup 1st Round (extra time & penalties)
Askeaton V Athea Utd 1130 (S. Hartnett)
St. Itas V Kilcornan 1130 (P. O’Brien)

Weekly Observer Division 4 League Cup 1st Round 1st Leg (90 min)
Shountrade V Newcastle West Rovers B 2pm (J. Molyneaux)

Weekly Observer Premier Division
Killeaney V Glin Rovers 1130 (P. Manning)

Weekly Observer Division 1
Rockhill Rovers V Kildimo Utd 1130 (T. Fitzmaurice)
Old Mill V Adare Utd 1130 (L. O’Connor)

Weekly Observer Division 2
Rathkeale Reserves V Ballysteen 230 (C. Dalton)

Weekly Observer Division 3
Athea Utd B V Knockaderry 230 (D. Wallace)

Weekly Observer Division 4
Shannonside FC B V Feenagh B 230 in Shanagolden (J. Roche)

sexyfootball
27/11/2012, 4:15 PM
Fai Junior Cup Last 64 DRaw will take place in Abbotstown tonite! ...for anyone interested! Anyone heading to Clounreask Saturday night?? Pike will win handy enough i'd say!

fanaticfan
27/11/2012, 9:31 PM
fai junior cup 5th round

Broadford Utd or Killarney Celtic v Griffith Rovers or Hartstown Hunstown FC

villa fc or tramore vs newcastle west

Desmonder
28/11/2012, 4:42 PM
I totally agree with you sexyfootball! By a higher standard, I meant if he ever got the chance to play elsewhere outside Desmond League in City League or whatever - then it would be good for him as he would also improve as a player, better coaching, more exposure, etc. Otherwise, you should play for your hometown club which he loyally does! He is a Top man - all credit to him!!

Fanaticfan - why would he want to play for Broadford or NCW? Glin Rovers could beat either on their day! Granted, consistency is their downfall!

fanaticfan
28/11/2012, 9:37 PM
Cos then he would win something if he played for broadford or newcastle. Broadford winning the league last year,title contenders again this year. Newcastle winning cups past few years.Only thing he would win would be a relegation battle

super6
29/11/2012, 4:55 PM
What a stupid post !!! Glin beat NCW a couple of years ago in the desmond cup final and have drawn with both NCW and broadford this year,,, If the likes of culhane left Glin for eithier of clubs mentioned above and other players decided to do so the league would be crap,,,

fanaticfan
29/11/2012, 10:42 PM
And they will still finish below those teams at the end of the season trophyless. Yes he won the Desmond cup tWo or three years ago but what else has he won other than the Desmond cup that year???all I'm saying is that he should join a bigger club if he wants to win medals and if not,then fair play to him to staying with glin

answers
30/11/2012, 2:58 AM
tommy culhane a great player for glin and always will be my only issue with him not been so recognoised is how would you know him from any other culhane on the team.i also heard during the week and this is only a rumour that his ambitions are to play with ABBEYFEALE

Draper
01/12/2012, 12:42 AM
fai junior cup 5th round

Broadford Utd or Killarney Celtic v Griffith Rovers or Hartstown Hunstown FC

villa fc or tramore vs newcastle westWhere are them clubs from lads?

fanaticfan
01/12/2012, 12:57 AM
If broadford win on sunday, they are at home to a team from dublin...
Newcastle are away in waterford

sexyfootball
01/12/2012, 9:29 AM
Answers... Abbeyfeale, seriously?? Ah here! I don't think he would ever play for another team in the Desmond League besides Glin.
Its true, as was said in an earlier post, if Glin were more consistent they could challenge for the league, always a tough team, i suppose the GAA doesn't help them either though!

fanaticfan
01/12/2012, 10:17 AM
Answers is probably stirring stuff cos I don't believe thats true about Culhane wantin to join abbey. Wouldn't abbey vs glin be a rivalry game?

fanaticfan
01/12/2012, 6:42 PM
I'm very sad to hear the passing of granagh and ex ballingarry player Joe scanlon.a good player and a sound bloke. May he rest in rest in piece :(

soccer8
01/12/2012, 6:44 PM
Very tough asks in the FAI for the Desmond teams....Tramore from waterford....they have been the top team in waterford the last few seasons....and are current leaders

western gale
01/12/2012, 6:51 PM
Saturday, December 1st

FAI Umbro Youths Cup 2nd Round
Killarney Celtic V Rathkeale, walkover to Killarney

MFA Champions Trophy Final
Latest score from Clounreask Pike Rovers 2 St Brendans Park 0 (40 minutes gone)

sexyfootball
01/12/2012, 7:08 PM
I'm very sad to hear the passing of granagh and ex ballingarry player Joe scanlon.a good player and a sound bloke. May he rest in rest in piece :(
Tragic news, Great player & sound both on & off the field R.I.P

super6
01/12/2012, 7:50 PM
What happened Joe Scanlan lads?? Ya NCW away to tramore will be tough and away to Killarney celtic for broadford isnt easy eithier, Is there many at the Munster champions game Western Gale?

churchtownroad
01/12/2012, 8:20 PM
Pike Rovers 4-0 St Brendans Park in Clounreask. Pike dominated whole game, decent crowd at it.

fanaticfan
01/12/2012, 8:23 PM
He passed away in a car accident this morning I think it was. Awful sad

southern kid
01/12/2012, 10:01 PM
Lads joe scanlon was a top bloke on and off the field. sadly missed. r.i.p. can some one please post funeral arrangments when their out. thanks

southern kid
01/12/2012, 10:07 PM
Ya culihane and kelleher centre backs for abbey,i can see it now!!. no but on a serious note,its a bit of bull bout culihane and playing at top level because according to previous oscar traynor managers he could not be bothered his arse turning up or even making contact to managers, congrats to pike on win tonight.

super6
01/12/2012, 10:47 PM
Best of luck to broadford in FAI tomorrow.Could you keep us posted draper.

Draper
02/12/2012, 2:44 AM
Best of luck to broadford in FAI tomorrow.Could you keep us posted draper.Will do Super6 and thanks....

fanaticfan
02/12/2012, 8:17 AM
Best of luck to broadford today

BoyBlue
02/12/2012, 9:30 AM
NCW game will surely get switched to their field, or will it just be postponed if Rovers pitch is unplayable???

BoyBlue
02/12/2012, 9:35 AM
Rest in peace Joe Scanlan as said in the earlier posts a sound bloke & top player!

fanaticfan
02/12/2012, 10:47 AM
Went to go and watch the newcastle rovers vs newcastle afc game but no body there so must have been called off

Yorkshire rose
02/12/2012, 12:46 PM
Joe r.i.p. great bloke on and off field. No arrangements yet.

western gale
02/12/2012, 1:15 PM
Sunday, December 2nd

Newcastle West Rovers V Newcastle West off

Division 1 League Cup 1st Round
Askeaton 1 Athea Utd 3

Division 4 League Cup 1st Round 1st Leg
Shountrade V Newcastle West Rovers B off

Premier Division
Killeaney 0 Glin Rovers 2 (played in Glin)

Division 1
Rockhill Rovers V Kildimo Utd off
Old Mill V Adare Utd off

Draper
02/12/2012, 1:52 PM
Broadford and Kilarney scoreless at halftime. Kilarney missed a 43rd minute penalty, or rather, Patrick Stack saved it...