PDA

View Full Version : Limerick Desmond League 2012/13

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20

fanaticfan
17/05/2013, 9:34 PM
heard ncw beat killeaney 2-1 and rathkeale beat ballingarry on penalties in the league cup semi final

sexyfootball
17/05/2013, 10:56 PM
Newcastle came from 0-1 down to beat Killeaney 2-1 tonight. I think Seoirse Joyce scored the 2 Newcastle goals. Also heard Rathkeale beat Ballingarry on Pens in the League Cup semi final.
Looks like we're going to have a 'Relegation Super Sunday' this weekend :p .
N.C.W Rovers probably have the toughest match, away to Ballingarry who are still in the Desmond Cup. The other 2 teams are at home but hopefully all teams play full strength sides...:eek:

Glin Rovers V Broadford Utd (Draw) 1-1
Killeaney V Abbeyfeale Utd (Home) 3-1
Ballingarry V Newcastle West Rovers (Away) 1-2

What happens if Glin draw and Rovers & Killeaney win??

Desmonder
18/05/2013, 5:27 PM
I think there would be a play off in Clounreask?

fourfour3
19/05/2013, 12:46 PM
3 way play off lads killeaney and rovers won and glin drew. you couldn't write it.

fanaticfan
19/05/2013, 1:20 PM
glin 1-1 broadford
ballingarry 0-1 ncw rovers
killeaney 2-0 abbeyfeale

broadford went 1-0 up through shaka and glin levelled through dolly. glin should have been 3-0 up but 2 off the line clearances by john kelliher kept broadford in it. gary culhane was outstanding in defence for glin... ballingarry missed a penalty against rovers so rovers can count themselves lucky to still be in the 3 way playoff

fanaticfan
19/05/2013, 3:34 PM
division 1 playoff championship..athea utd 2-2 rockhill rovers.. athea win on pens

fourfour3
19/05/2013, 4:21 PM
were you at the broadford game fanatic? were they down lads because of the stag.

fanaticfan
19/05/2013, 5:22 PM
ya was at the glin vs broadford game this morning.broadford had most of the ball but glin had the better chances.broadford had a great break 2minutes before full time but drove the ball wide.broadford had 11 players and no subs but tossie butler was taken off and jim neenan togged out and replaced him at half time. dont know why broadford were short numbers.

Johnnie C
20/05/2013, 12:06 PM
Anyone know what the story is with the Desmond Cup Final ? No mention of it in the final set of fixtures.

fanaticfan
20/05/2013, 9:33 PM
id say abbeyfeale or rathkeale are appealing it so its gonna be a while before its being played i think

snafu
21/05/2013, 10:24 AM
What do people think of the Prem relegation play-offs being played in Clounreask?
Is there really any need? Surely they could have played one home game each.

Langerdan007
21/05/2013, 11:25 AM
What do people think of the Prem relegation play-offs being played in Clounreask?
Is there really any need? Surely they could have played one home game each.

How is it working snafu? A round robin where they each play 2 games?!

walkover
21/05/2013, 12:58 PM
It seems a bit strange that it's going to be a Round Robin. What happens if all games are a draw??

snafu
21/05/2013, 12:59 PM
Ya exactly Langerdan,

From the Limerick Desmond league site:

Sunday 26th May
Weekly Observer Premier Division Relegation Playoff Series 1
Killeaney V Newcastle West Rovers 1130, Clounreask (G. O’Connor, P. O’Connor, J. Roche 4th Official TBC)

Sunday 2nd June
Weekly Observer Premier Division Relegation Playoff Series 2
Glin Rovers V Killeaney 1130, Clounreask (P. Manning, D. O’Gorman, T. Fitzmaurice, 4th Official TBC)

Sunday 9th June
Weekly Observer Premier Division Relegation Playoff Series 3
Glin Rovers V Newcastle West Rovers 1130, Clounreask (L. O’Connor, P. O’Brien, G. O’Connor, 4th Official TBC)

Draper
22/05/2013, 1:09 AM
It seems a bit strange that it's going to be a Round Robin. What happens if all games are a draw??

Goal difference counts in this.

fanaticfan
22/05/2013, 9:45 AM
lets hope that all 3 matches dont end in 1-1 draws so haha

walkover
24/05/2013, 9:39 PM
Youths Div 1
Abbeyfeale 0 - 1 Ncw Rovers
Shane Stack the scorer with a bullet of a free kick to hand Rovers the title!

western gale
25/05/2013, 4:44 PM
Friday 24th May

Premier Division League Cup Final
Rathkeale 0 Newcastle West 0 aet (Rathkeale won 4-1 on pens)

Division 2
Pallaskenry 5 Abbeyfeale Utd B 0
Broadford Utd B 6 Granagh Utd 0
Rathkeale Reserves 1 Newcastle West B 1
Creeves Celtic 5 Carrig Celtic B 0
Feenagh V Ballysteen (P. O’Donnell)
NOTE 1 Pallaskenry and Rathkeale Reserves are prpmoted.
NOTE 2 Broadford Utd B and Carrig Celtic B are relegated)

Youths Division 1
Abbeyfeale Utd 0 Newcastle West Rovers 1 Manning)
(Newcastle West Rovers are champions)

fanaticfan
26/05/2013, 1:25 PM
Relegation playoff

Ncw rovers 2-0 killeaney.scorers were Adam Collins I think. And james cussen

walkover
26/05/2013, 3:12 PM
Relegation playoff
Ncw rovers 2-0 killeaney.scorers were Adam Collins I think. And james cussen

Jason Brouder got the first goal

Draper
26/05/2013, 7:46 PM
Fair goin'....Rovers had just 4 points after 13 games and needed minimum 12/15 points from their last 5 games just to force a playoff and got them....now they may only need a draw with Glin to avoid what seemed like a very likely drop in in April....

fanaticfan
26/05/2013, 9:36 PM
Ya fact draper. They went for it in the last few games and got it. And fair play to them.they deserve to stay up

dutchie
28/05/2013, 3:28 PM
Did james cussen play his underage with newcasatlewest,would a lot of underage players switch to rvs for junior.

super6
28/05/2013, 5:00 PM
ya he played underage with NCW but tought he would have a chance of winning something at youths level with rovers so left in december/jan but NCW ended up winning the desmond cup, and rovers won the league.
Congrats to rathkeale on the league cup !
looks like rovers are in good shape to stay up, some finish to the season for them.

fourfour3
29/05/2013, 10:58 AM
super 6, is it possible that james cussen left to play with a better youth team.

tricky
01/06/2013, 1:45 PM
Anyone any news on Desmond cup final???

snafu
02/06/2013, 3:19 PM
Killeaney and Glin drew 1-1 in Clounreask this morning relegating Killeaney in the process.
Glin will play NCW rovers next weekend with Glin needing to win and Rovers only needing a draw to avoid relegation.

Horan01
04/06/2013, 6:58 AM
Anyone any news on Desmond cup final???
Munster Council meeting this wednesday night I think to make a decision on Rathkeale's appeal.

Langerdan007
06/06/2013, 9:53 AM
Munster Council meeting this wednesday night I think to make a decision on Rathkeale's appeal.

Any word on this Horan01?

Horan01
06/06/2013, 1:42 PM
Tomorrow morning apparently the decision will be known, the meeting must be on tonight I assume not last night

fanaticfan
07/06/2013, 12:01 AM
I heard that the Desmond cup final has to be played before the 1st of July or there will no final this year

last man back
07/06/2013, 1:05 PM
Thats going to open another can of worms if thats the case, players changing clubs, the whole arguement of A or B players again etc. If they replayed the game a month ago it would be all over now

fanaticfan
07/06/2013, 1:41 PM
Rathkeale have lost the appeal in the Munster council so they will probably go to the fai and lose that too. I heard it 7,500 to appeal with the fai so waste of money if you ask me.

last man back
08/06/2013, 2:00 PM
I think rathkeale shud leave it at that. The gloss is gone of the desmond cup this season, i've been talking to players from both ballingarry and ncw and there fed up with it all

fanaticfan
08/06/2013, 8:08 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if they weren't. When was the last time they played a match?? And both of them training for the final as well. Bit of a joke

skyhome
08/06/2013, 9:21 PM
i feel soory for both teams but desmond league should have sorted it before now there rules are all over the place and mike hanley havin a bit of an al word to the munster council helps aswell i suppose

western gale
09/06/2013, 12:23 PM
Premier Division Relegation Playoff Series 3
Glin Rovers lead two nil with goals from Tommy Culhane (penalty) and a late header from Sean Mulvihill. There will be seven minutes of stoppage time and its looking good for Glin to maintain their premier status

western gale
09/06/2013, 12:26 PM
Its now three nil to Glin with substitute John Kelliher assuring Glin premier status for next season

western gale
09/06/2013, 12:30 PM
Premier Division Relegation Playoff Series 3 Result
Glin Rovers 3 Newcastle West Rovers 0 (Scorers Tommy Culhane pen, Sean Mulvihill, John Kelliher)
Newcastle West Rovers and Killeaney relegated to Division 1

western gale
09/06/2013, 12:35 PM
Premier Division 2013/14
Abbeyfeale Utd A
Athea Utd A
Ballingarry A
Broadford Utd A
Carrig Celtic A
Glin Rovers A
Newcastle West A
Rathkeale A
Rockhill Rvs
Shannonside A

western gale
09/06/2013, 12:41 PM
Division 1 2013/14
Askeaton
Breska Rovers
Glantine
Kildimo Utd
Killeaney
Newcastle West B
Newcastle West Rvs
Old Mill
Pallaskenry
St Itas

skyhome
09/06/2013, 2:41 PM
i thought rathkeale b wer in division 1 for 2013/2014

fanaticfan
09/06/2013, 4:26 PM
You're right. It should be rathkeale reserves and not Newcastle West B

answers
10/06/2013, 6:28 PM
congrats to glin on staying up in the premier, any update on Desmond cup sky-home?

dutchie
11/06/2013, 6:24 AM
i feel soory for both teams but desmond league should have sorted it before now there rules are all over the place and mike hanley havin a bit of an al word to the munster council helps aswell i suppose

Rathkeale lost because they broke the rules,not sure whether it was Sec. not passing on info or management not knowing rules but all clubs would have known about rules and the same rules apply to st itas b as to rathkeale,your comment about mike hanly is pure sour grapes.

Langerdan007
11/06/2013, 7:59 AM
Rathkeale lost because they broke the rules,not sure whether it was Sec. not passing on info or management not knowing rules but all clubs would have known about rules and the same rules apply to st itas b as to rathkeale,your comment about mike hanly is pure sour grapes.

The whole thing is wrong though Dutchie - Hopefully this debacle shows the Desmond League how stupid this rule is - can I ask if it would have made a difference if Rathkeale Reserves weren't entered into the Desmond Cup?!!?

For next season and going forward I would be pushing to have to rule amended to:
For NON LEAGUE CUP, cup fixtures a club SHOULD be allowed fill a team from the entire pool of registered players in the club so long as they are not cup tied

This pertains to A teams rather than B teams because as we all know for a reg'd A player to play/move to the B's requires him to effectively transfer internally and not play for 3 weeks (I think)

skyhome
11/06/2013, 9:31 AM
Rathkeale lost because they broke the rules,not sure whether it was Sec. not passing on info or management not knowing rules but all clubs would have known about rules and the same rules apply to st itas b as to rathkeale,your comment about mike hanly is pure sour grapes.. No sour grapes just simple facts. Is mike Hanley not involved with Munster council and would he not back the Desmond league if they have messed up i think he would. This so called email about players to play with registered teams only was sent out on the 20th feb when the Desmond cup started on the 17th feb. regardless of this as long as a player is registered with club and not cup tied or suspended they are entitled to play so wit that in mind even abbeyfeale with there 3/4 b team players didn't even do anything wrong. No teams broke rules,Desmond league actually don't have there house in order and don't know there own rules. As the Desmond league have made mistakes with their rules and are constantly back tracking and looking for help to try and fix the problems it keeps falling back to one doorstep THERE OWN. Any one who had ever played Desmond cup should know you could always bring up b players as long as they wer eligible to play. now trying to change that rule after the Desmond cup had started is completely wrong, rules can only be enforced or changed at AGM's and all clubs must be informed 3 weeks in advance of competition not 3 days after it has started. With that shove yer sour grapes where it doesn't shine.

fanaticfan
11/06/2013, 9:38 AM
Question is are rathkeale gonna appeal to the fai? If so there won't be any Desmond cup final this year. A lot of money to spend on an appeal just for a Desmond cup.

skyhome
11/06/2013, 9:38 AM
Rathkeale lost because they broke the rules,not sure whether it was Sec. not passing on info or management not knowing rules but all clubs would have known about rules and the same rules apply to st itas b as to rathkeale,your comment about mike hanly is pure sour grapes.. Another thing Go look up what an ineligible player actually is its in the rule book. It's a player who is not registered with club or a suspended player is deemed ineligible

skyhome
11/06/2013, 9:39 AM
Question is are rathkeale gonna appeal to the fai? If so there won't be any Desmond cup final this year. A lot of money to spend on an appeal just for a Desmond cup.. Principle of the matter now