PDA

View Full Version : Limerick Desmond League 2012/13

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20

last man back
03/04/2013, 9:20 PM
The sooner the better snafu we cant wait to get out of there !

southern kid
04/04/2013, 9:37 AM
I agree with u snafu,i think ncw will win the lge, even though i seen them last wk and they were extremly poor but i guess its a bit harsh to judge them on that performance.Brdf could push them yet as they have best panel in premier div. As for rovers pitch its being that way for as long as i remember and thats going back a bit. Dont kno anything about abbey b or glin b only that there both b teams so prob dont win mant trophies so best of luck to both. Are abbey and glin also playing tonight in premier?

Limk Soccer
04/04/2013, 11:49 AM
Yeah the Abbeyfeale and Glin game is on tonight at 7;30. I also agree that glin are still heavily involved in the relegation battle and they will get no favors from Abbeyfeale. I can't see Ballingarry winning the league but in this league u can't write any team off. The NCW and Broadford league game is going to a real cup game affair where defeat for Broadford will end their title chase.

Johnnie C
04/04/2013, 8:25 PM
Anyone know when the Friday night games will be starting ?

super6
04/04/2013, 10:03 PM
hopefully they leave the mid week games a while, its tough on teams with lads working or in college, its always going to be a struggle to make a 630 ko. balling garry only have 3 league games after this weekend, and both NCW and broadford will have 5 each, so maybe only need for 1 midweek or 2midweek games i reckon.

fanaticfan
04/04/2013, 10:25 PM
abbeyfeale united 3-1 glin rovers

played tonight under lights in abbeyfeale

fanaticfan
04/04/2013, 10:36 PM
i think it will be ncw rovers and killeaney going down to the first division.. they are both playing very poor this year.. on rovers pitch its been like that for years and fair play to them on finally getting a new pitch. sound bunch of fellas and a good club.cant see glin rovers going down this year.winners of the league will be decided on the games between broadford,ballingarry and ncw.. maybe ncw to win it going on them being at home to broadford and ballingarry.it will be a close finish for the title.sad to see askeaton at the bottom half of the 1st division with a great field and dressing rooms

fanaticfan
07/04/2013, 3:52 PM
heard some results today..ballingarry lost 1-0 to KILLEANEY. ncw beat rockhill 3-0. shannonside beat ncw rovers 3-2..broadford beat carrig celtic 1-0.

churchtownroad
07/04/2013, 4:02 PM
Old Mill 1-0 Kilcornan...Kevin Crowley scored... Paddy histon saved a last minute penalty to keep it 1-0

answers
08/04/2013, 8:19 AM
killeaney winning might drive them on a bit. has anyone got them and glins run in would be interesting, also heard the next round of desmond cup has been drawn any one got the ties.

fanaticfan
08/04/2013, 8:44 AM
Fixtures 13-19th April 2013

ALL FIXTURES are subject to alteration until published in the Weekly Observer.

Saturday 13th April
Desmond Youths Cup Semi Final (extra time & penalties)
Newcastle West V Askeaton 230 (P. King)

Youths Division 1
Adare Utd V Newcastle West Rovers 230 (G. O’Connor)

Saturday 13th April
Weekly Observer Division 1 League Cup Final (extra time & penalties)
Rockhill Rovers V St. Itas 730, Clounreask, (P. O’Brien, L. O’Connor, P. O’Donnell)

Sunday 14th April
Weekly Observer Desmond Cup 3rd Round (extra time & penalties)
Newcastle West V Glin Rovers 1130 (T. Fitzmaurice)
Abbeyfeale Utd V Carrig Celtic 1130 (P. Manning)
Ballingarry V Abbeyfeale Utd B 230 (L. O’Connor)

Weekly Observer Desmond Cup Quarter Final (extra time & penalties)
Knockaderry V Granagh Utd 1130 (D. Wallace)

Weekly Observer Division 2 League Cup Quarter Finals (extra time & penalties)
Newcastle West B V Broadford Utd B 230 (J. Molyneaux)

Weekly Observer Division 4 League Cup Semi Final 1st Leg (90 min)
Feenagh B V Glin Rovers B 230 (S. Hartnett)

Weekly Observer Division 4 League Cup Semi Final 2nd Leg (extra time & penalties if necessary)
Bally Rovers V Shountrade 1130 (2-0 to Shountrade from 1st Leg) (P. O’Donnell)

Weekly Observer Premier Division
Newcastle West Rovers V Rathkeale 1130 (P. O’Connor)
Broadford Utd V Shannonside FC 1130 (D. O’Gorman)

Weekly Observer Division 1
Askeaton V Glantine 230 (P. King)

Weekly Observer Division 2
Feenagh V Pallaskenry 1130 (C. Dalton)
Carrig Celtic B V Rathkeale Reserves 230 (E. Barrett)

Weekly Observer Division 3
Kilcornan B V Athea Utd B (3rd series game) 230 (P. O’Brien)

Weekly Observer Division 4
St. Itas B V Creeves Celtic B 230 (J. Roche)

Friday April 19th
Weekly Observer Division 3 League Cup Final (extra time & penalties)
Knockaderry V Athea Utd B, 730, Clounreask (P. King, J. Molyneaux, C. Dalton)

Newcastle West V Broadford Utd 645 (G. O’Connor)

Abbeyfeale Utd B V Pallaskenry 730 (J. Roche)

Langerdan007
08/04/2013, 1:14 PM
Old Mill 1-0 Kilcornan...Kevin Crowley scored... Paddy histon saved a last minute penalty to keep it 1-0

Twas a nice height for him :sarcastic:
Naw he saved it well!

Takes the Old Mill outa the battle at the bottom now really - 2 big results the last 2 weeks

Desmonder
08/04/2013, 5:01 PM
Nathanbrown will be delighted with Killeaney's result yesterday! Were you at it Nathanbrown? Any match analysis?

snafu
08/04/2013, 5:24 PM
What a difference a win makes, Glin definitely looking over their shoulders now!

Remaining games

Killeaney : Broadford (h) NCW Rovers(a) Abbeyfeale(h) NCW(a)

Glin: Carrig(a) Broadford(h) Rkeale(h) NCW Rovers(a)

NCW Rovers: Killeaney(h) SSide(h) B.garry(a) Rkeale(h) Abbeyfeale(h) Glin(h)

5 of 6 of rovers remaining games are at home, if they have any chance of staying up winning the 2 in bold would be a good start.
And of course winning winning against Rkeale this weekend.
It will be interesting to say the least!

nathanbrown
08/04/2013, 7:48 PM
Well since I last saw Killeaney and said that they impressed me they have lost every game since. No I wasnt at the game but yes I was delighted with the result. I would prefer to see Killeaney stay up rather than Glin. I just prefer their pitch and facilities but I think Glin will just have enough to avoid the drop. Looks like Kildimo have wrapped up promotion which means we get to watch games in that awful pitch with not even a trailer for the players to get togged in. Joke. Looks like a toss up between Askeaton and Adare to go down with Kilcornan from division 1. Would be sad to see Askeaton go down but I think their Chairman has brought that on them. Relegation battles are the only bit of excitement left in the 2 divisions and even they arent great battles

last man back
08/04/2013, 10:23 PM
I know shannonside are playing the winners of ncw/glin. Dont know who's home or away though

last man back
08/04/2013, 10:27 PM
Killeaneys fate may depend in the ncw/broadford game next friday. A win for ncw will guarantee the league and both teams remaining fixtures will be meaninless

Langerdan007
09/04/2013, 8:18 AM
Well since I last saw Killeaney and said that they impressed me they have lost every game since. No I wasnt at the game but yes I was delighted with the result. I would prefer to see Killeaney stay up rather than Glin. I just prefer their pitch and facilities but I think Glin will just have enough to avoid the drop. Looks like Kildimo have wrapped up promotion which means we get to watch games in that awful pitch with not even a trailer for the players to get togged in. Joke. Looks like a toss up between Askeaton and Adare to go down with Kilcornan from division 1. Would be sad to see Askeaton go down but I think their Chairman has brought that on them. Relegation battles are the only bit of excitement left in the 2 divisions and even they arent great battles

Haha, I'm sure all the Premier teams are enjoying the prospect of Kildimo's pitch and although not quite a done deal yet but Rockhill's pitch is equally bad!! Anyone fancy Athea to overhaul Rockhill?
I wouldnt know the in's and outs of the Askeaton scene but the chairman hasn't had a very positive effect for the club - also though a lot of players have moved abroad and some concentrate on the GAA with Ballysteen senior as well, from what I've seen of them this year they seem to be a fairly young team as well.

super6
10/04/2013, 12:59 PM
Looks like the NCW broadford match friday week could decide the league, a NCW win will more or less seal it and after ballingarrys defeat to killeaney the weekend puts them out of contention.

fanaticfan
10/04/2013, 1:29 PM
ya ur right there super6.. if ncw win the league is over,if broadford win they are only 1 point behind ncw... hopefully a good game..should be a good crowd at it if the weather is nice..

fanaticfan
10/04/2013, 1:35 PM
DESMOND CUP QUARTER FINAL DRAW

Knockaderry vs Granagh Utd
Shannonside vs Ncw or Glin Rovers
Rathkeale vs Abbeyfeale Utd or Carrig Celtic
St Itas vs Ballingarry or Abbeyfeale Utd B

my semi finalists are granagh,ncw,abbeyfeale and ballingarry

fanaticfan
10/04/2013, 2:30 PM
REMAINING FIXTURES IN THE LEAGUE

newcastle are home to broadford,ballingarry and killeaney, away to rathkeale and carrig celtic

broadford are home to ballingarry and shannonside and away to killeaney,ncw,glin

ballingarry are home to ncw rovers and away to ncw,broadford

rathkeale home to ncw and away to shannonside,ncw rovers,glin

abbeyfeale are home to carrig celtic,shannonside away to killeaney and ncw rovers

shannonside are home to rathkeale, away to broadford,ncw rovers,carrig celtic and abbeyfeale

carrig celtic are home to shannonside,ncw,glin and away to abbeyfeale

glin are home to rathkeale,broadford, away to carrig celtic and ncw rovers

killeaney are home to abbeyfeale,broadford away to ncw and ncw rovers

ncw rovers are home to glin,abbeyfeale,shannonside,killeaney,shannonside and away to ballingarry

jaorta
11/04/2013, 6:08 AM
I wouldnt know the in's and outs of the Askeaton scene but the chairman hasn't had a very positive effect for the club - also though a lot of players have moved abroad and some concentrate on the GAA with Ballysteen senior as well, from what I've seen of them this year they seem to be a fairly young team as well.

Could you if you didnt mind Langer,tell us who you are referring to as chairman of Askeaton because i have a sneaking suspicion you are thinking of the wrong fella!!!Askeaton(as like yourself,an outsider looking in)will do very well to avoid relegation but will in the near future become a force to be reconed with when their under age teams mature.Unlike their neighbours and fellow strugglers Kilcornan they have a youths team and are strong at u16 with a lot of hard work being put in by some excellent coaches for years.

skyhome
11/04/2013, 8:12 AM
i'll pick for the semi's GRANAGH, SHANNONSIDE, RATHKEALE and BALLINGARRY

DESMOND CUP QUARTER FINAL DRAW

Knockaderry vs Granagh Utd
Shannonside vs Ncw or Glin Rovers
Rathkeale vs Abbeyfeale Utd or Carrig Celtic
St Itas vs Ballingarry or Abbeyfeale Utd

my semi finalists are granagh,ncw,abbeyfeale and ballingarry

Desmonder
11/04/2013, 1:56 PM
Could go down to the wire..'Survival Sunday' in Desmond League!!
Glin Rvs usually find their form this time of the season and go on a run! Killeaney must be on a high after that win last week and will be confident of moving out of the drop zone!!
GAA will be ramping up now - be interesting to see how that affects teams!
In general, what kind of form are the pitches in after all the cold weather?

Desmonder
11/04/2013, 1:59 PM
Who is looking good for player of the season? Still long way to go so probably bit premature...but who has played the best and being most consistent to date?

fanaticfan
12/04/2013, 12:13 PM
yeah glin always push on well towards the end of the season alright..killeaney have 3 tough games against abbeyfeale broadford and newcastle west but have to play newcastle west rovers so that is a huge game for them..as for player of the year i think its gonna come from one of the top 3 teams. tony quaid,seoirse joyce or daniel power from newcastle west, gary egan,ray lynch or joe mcauliffe from broadford, denis kelly,francis kiely or o grady from ballingarry im guessing

Langerdan007
12/04/2013, 2:43 PM
Could you if you didnt mind Langer,tell us who you are referring to as chairman of Askeaton because i have a sneaking suspicion you are thinking of the wrong fella!!!Askeaton(as like yourself,an outsider looking in)will do very well to avoid relegation but will in the near future become a force to be reconed with when their under age teams mature.Unlike their neighbours and fellow strugglers Kilcornan they have a youths team and are strong at u16 with a lot of hard work being put in by some excellent coaches for years.

Jaorta I wont give his name but F.S. was the chairman I was referring that, if you were to believe the stories, had caused the animosity, there were many stories of antics but you are right I think he hasn't been the chairman for a while now however it seems a full rebuild was needed afterwards thats why I'm saying this years team look fairly young.
On relegation I dont know if you'd be able to predict with any certainty outa the 3 teams down there for the last spot.

You are correct on Kilcornan also - we tried to field a youth team this year but we weren't able to get the numbers - we'd had very successful 16's and youths teams ourselves the last number of years and last season a number of these featured for the juniors in the push into Div 1 but we lost the majority of those young players before the league campaign began this year.

The Enforcer
12/04/2013, 2:57 PM
yeah glin always push on well towards the end of the season alright..killeaney have 3 tough games against abbeyfeale broadford and newcastle west but have to play newcastle west rovers so that is a huge game for them..as for player of the year i think its gonna come from one of the top 3 teams. tony quaid,seoirse joyce or daniel power from newcastle west, gary egan,ray lynch or joe mcauliffe from broadford, denis kelly,francis kiely or o grady from ballingarry im guessing

From what I've seen I would say that o'keeffe from Newcastle and Brosnan from Broadford would be a country mile ahead of everyone else, the so called big players haven't really stood out this year

super6
12/04/2013, 5:07 PM
two good choices there enforcer but when does a defender ever get it??? 9/10 its a centre forward or attacking midfielder, anthony o donnell has been superb this season along with o'keeffe and the goals against tally proves that but my money is on a striker!!

The Enforcer
12/04/2013, 5:56 PM
two good choices there enforcer but when does a defender ever get it??? 9/10 its a centre forward or attacking midfielder, anthony o donnell has been superb this season along with o'keeffe and the goals against tally proves that but my money is on a striker!!
I don't rate O'Donnell at this stage to be honest, I think without o'keeffe (who would be my choice for poty) o Donnell is very poor. Brosnan for Broadford is young but again is a superb player and I don't think anyone could have any arguments if he got it, I think you will be right though and a forward will undeservedly get it

fanaticfan
14/04/2013, 4:33 PM
broadford 2-0 shannonside
rathkeale 2-1 ncw rovers
ncw 3-0 glin

fanaticfan
14/04/2013, 10:45 PM
Friday April 19th
Knockaderry V Athea Utd B, 730, Clounreask (P. King, J. Molyneaux, P.O’Donnell, 4th Official TBA)

Newcastle West V Broadford Utd 645 (G. O’Connor)

Saturday 20th April
Youths Division 1
Abbeyfeale Utd V Broadford Utd 330pm (B. Nash)

Sunday 21st April
Abbeyfeale Utd V Carrig Celtic 1130 (P. Manning)

Shannonside FC V Newcastle West 1130 in Aughinish (T. Fitzmaurice)

Newcastle West Rovers V Glin Rovers 1130 (J. Roche)
Killeaney V Broadford Utd 1130 (G. O’Connor)

St. Itas V Rockhill Rovers 1130 (D. O’Gorman)
Adare Utd V Old Mill 1130 (L. O’Connor)
Kildimo Utd V Glantine 1130 (B. Nash)
Breska Rovers V Askeaton 1130 (P. O’Connor)

Ballysteen V Granagh Utd 1130 (D. Wallace)
Feenagh V Rathkeale Reserves 230 (S. Hartnett)
Newcastle West B V Carrig Celtic B 230 (P. O’Donnell)

Kilcornan B V Ferry Rangers 230 (E. Barrett)

Newcastle West Rovers B V Shountrade 230 (C. Dalton)
Shannonside FC B V Creeves Celtic B in Shanagolden 230 (D. Wallace)
Glin Rovers B V Feenagh B 230 (P. Manning)

Friday 26th April
Feenagh V Ballysteen 7pm (C. Dalton)
Abbeyfeale Utd B V Rathkeale Reserves 730pm (P. King)

Ballingarry B V Kilcornan B 7pm (J. Molyneaux)

last man back
15/04/2013, 10:30 PM
The discussion about charging at the gate for junior games is often debated here. Was at a gaa u14 game last week and was charged 5 euro at the gate !

Draper
15/04/2013, 11:11 PM
The discussion about charging at the gate for junior games is often debated here. Was at a gaa u14 game last week and was charged 5 euro at the gate !

U14 is way off the mark in my opinion, big Youths games such as cup finals and v. big opposition are okay. B team games should never charge, A team games should always charge. Even if its back to the old fashioned "pass the hat" style or see that everybody gets asked to buy a lotto ticket it should be done.
Do it clubs, believe me, it will actually INCREASE attendances at your games....

FiveB
19/04/2013, 2:20 PM
Draper this all money with ye in Broadford

Desmonder
19/04/2013, 3:41 PM
They'd peel an orange in their pocket wearing a boxing glove!

fanaticfan
19/04/2013, 11:29 PM
was at the newcastle west vs broadford match tonight. newcastle west winning 2-0 with goals coming from antony o donnell and tony quaid. newcastle west missed a penalty as well.. looks like the league is over now

churchtownroad
19/04/2013, 11:45 PM
was at the game,,,broadford huffed and puffed but never threaten Newcastle...Newcastle worked hard all over the pitch and deserved their win. a couple of Broadford big players didnt shine on the night...its hard to retain a league

fanaticfan
20/04/2013, 12:23 AM
i agree. newcastle deserved the win. broadford were poor tonight.thought tossie butler was poor enough as was ray lynch, gary egan didnt get going because tony quaid got the better of him in the game.. joe mcauliffe was their best player i thought.

super6
20/04/2013, 9:20 AM
great win for NCW last night, wouldn't say the football was fantastic but an exciting game, tought NCW shaded it.they worked there socks off all over the pitch and there back 5 were superb. tought butler played well tbh, joe mcauliffe up front was a strange one everything bounced off him in the first half not even related to a striker i reckon and he is a great centre mid/half. Also great crowd at the game id say 200plus.

Johnnie C
20/04/2013, 6:05 PM
Broadford had more of the ball but never looked like scoring. Well contested game with some good passages of play and a decent crowd

walkover
20/04/2013, 9:26 PM
Newcastle West Rovers vs Glin has been moved to Knockaderry tomorrow

churchtownroad
21/04/2013, 1:42 PM
adare 1-1 old mill...james morrisroe scored from 25 yards to put OLd Mill one up at half time...adare got a late equaliser

Zenith
21/04/2013, 1:57 PM
Breska 0 - 5 Askeaton.

Desmonder
21/04/2013, 3:42 PM
Heard NCW Rvs won 2-1! Anyone able to confirm? Looks ominous for Glin! How did Killeaney do?

last man back
21/04/2013, 4:16 PM
Ya thats true Desmonder. Killeaney drew 2-2 with broadford they were up 2-1

fanaticfan
21/04/2013, 5:57 PM
Friday April 19th
Knockaderry 1-1 Athea Utd B Athea win 4-2 on pens

Newcastle West 2-0 Broadford Utd

Sunday 21st April
Abbeyfeale Utd 3-2 Carrig Celtic aet played in glantine

Shannonside FC 0-2 Newcastle West

Newcastle West Rovers 2-1 Glin Rovers
Killeaney 2-2 Broadford Utd

St. Itas 3-3 Rockhill Rovers played in newcastle west afc
Adare Utd 1-1 Old Mill
Kildimo Utd V Glantine 1130 (B. Nash)
Breska Rovers 0-5 Askeaton

Ballysteen V Granagh Utd 1130 (D. Wallace)
Feenagh 1-3 Rathkeale Reserves 230 (S. Hartnett)
Newcastle West B 2-0 Carrig Celtic B

Kilcornan B V Ferry Rangers 230 (E. Barrett)

Newcastle West Rovers B V Shountrade 230 (C. Dalton)
Shannonside FC B V Creeves Celtic B in Shanagolden 230 (D. Wallace)
Glin Rovers B V Feenagh B 230 (P. Manning)

those are some results i heard

fanaticfan
21/04/2013, 6:07 PM
Heard NCW Rvs won 2-1! Anyone able to confirm? Looks ominous for Glin! How did Killeaney do?

ya ncw rovers beat glin 2-1.. adam collins with both goals for ncw rovers

Draper
21/04/2013, 11:46 PM
They'd peel an orange in their pocket wearing a boxing glove!

Its just that finance is quite an issue with my Desmond league club, needs constant attention. Glad you lads dont have the same issues....