PDA

View Full Version : Estonia V Ireland - Friday, 11th November 2011 - Euro 2012 Play Off 1st Leg

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

jbyrne
07/11/2011, 2:25 PM
I know this is a long shot, I was let down by my normally reliant FAI ticket source on Friday. I'm looking for 3 tickets for the home leg. Please let me know if anyone can help, Thanks

best to post this in relevant thread in fans section.
id say tickets will appear this week when the 2,000+ that estonia are not taking up are sold through ticketmaster

SwanVsDalton
07/11/2011, 2:27 PM
Am I only allowed to make one post a day?

No you can post as much as you like, unless the site has some kind of draconian limit on opposition fan posts I'm not aware of.

French Toasht
07/11/2011, 2:28 PM
4-4-1-1 would be the most likely formation for the start of the game. We use our tall striker Jarmo Ahjupera to bring down high balls in front. Usually he gets substituted by another striker in the second half, so we will switch to 4-4-2. My predictions for the starting line-up would be as follows:
Pareiko

Jääger—Piiroja—Rähn—Klavan
Puri—Vassiljev—Dimitrjev—Kruglov
Kink

Ahjupera

Most likely substitutes to be used by Tarmo Rüütli would be Lindpere (MF), Vunk (MF), Saag (ST) and Purje (ST/MF).

Interesting you state that Vunk will probably start on the bench. He is the one player Trap has publicly stated he is concerned about. Him and Zenjov, who Trap was still talking about being dangerous almost a week after he was ruled out of both legs through injury!

back of the net
07/11/2011, 2:35 PM
Hey All,

I will be watching the game in Toronto, however work wont give the half day off and so i will be watching it on a delayed stream on RTE player. My question is does anyone here know how long after the game RTE will put full coverage up on the player?

(Apologies if this has been asked before)

many thanks
BOTN

ifk101
07/11/2011, 2:45 PM
You won't be able to watch it on the rte player as it will be restricted to Ireland afaik.

Toolik
07/11/2011, 2:58 PM
Interesting you state that Vunk will probably start on the bench. He is the one player Trap has publicly stated he is concerned about. Him and Zenjov, who Trap was still talking about being dangerous almost a week after he was ruled out of both legs through injury!

If Vassiljev (offensive, creative) and Dimitrjev (defensive, agressive tackler) are available and 100% fit (which they are), Rüütli always prefers this duo in center midfield. Vunk (classical midfielder, equally fit for defensive and offensive roles) has always been covering one or another in case of injuries or suspensions. He has done a very good job though and could easily deserve a starting spot, but it aint going to happen.

ifk101
07/11/2011, 3:02 PM
By keeping the ball. That is our strength in my opinion, as surprising as it may sound. Our team is WAY better than the credentials of our indivuduals and Rüütli has done an excellent job of implementing the ball-controlling football, considering the talent (or the lack of it) he has.

Brian Kerr is of the opinion that if we get physical and stop Estonia having time on the ball, Ireland will progress. Indeed he believes Ireland should be far too good for Estonia. And in fairness to Brian Kerr, his Faroe Islands side did beat Estonia at home and were unlucky not to win both games against Estonia so he does know what he is talking about.

Then again Ireland is known for sitting back and letting the opposition have the ball under Trapattoni's leadership. We're also extremely weak when the opposition play three in the middle. If I was you I'd be dancing on the street non-stop at the prospect of meeting us.

pineapple stu
07/11/2011, 3:03 PM
No you can post as much as you like, unless the site has some kind of draconian limit on opposition fan posts I'm not aware of.
There may be a limit on the first five posts for new members; not sure how that works exactly.

back of the net
07/11/2011, 3:12 PM
You won't be able to watch it on the rte player as it will be restricted to Ireland afaik.

I will be able to watch it on the player ......I have software that allows me to watch it on an Irish server ....have used it for the GAA also.

Anyone know the lenght of time it takes for it to go up on the player? Thanks

theworm2345
07/11/2011, 3:16 PM
I will be able to watch it on the player ......I have software that allows me to watch it on an Irish server ....have used it for the GAA also.

Usually up within the same night, I'd say not more than 5-6 hours.

French Toasht
07/11/2011, 3:23 PM
Then again Ireland is known for sitting back and letting the opposition have the ball under Trapattoni's leadership. We're also extremely weak when the
opposition play three in the middle. If I was you I'd be dancing on the street non-stop at the prospect of meeting us.

Really? In Traps 22 competitive games, we have only been beaten twice and on both occasions, we were beaten by a single goal. If Estonia are to qualify they will have to do something only France and Russia have managed to do and beat us. That's not exactly a prospect I'd be "dancing in the street" about.

Hey All,

I will be watching the game in Toronto, however work wont give the half day off and so i will be watching it on a delayed stream on RTE player. My question is does anyone here know how long after the game RTE will put full coverage up on the player?

Yeah you won't be able to get RTE Player outside Ireland. There is some way around it by changing your IP address to Ireland. I'm not technically efficient with computers so not sure how to do it but maybe someone here might know? Failing that, my advice is to pull a sickie.

punkrocket
07/11/2011, 3:52 PM

But tht's ony an issue if to happen to live in Draconia, Estonians should be grand.

EastTerracer
07/11/2011, 3:59 PM

If you have the software then you should be able to get the game live as well on www.rte.ie/live as they stream live coverage (within Ireland) on that page.

back of the net
07/11/2011, 4:01 PM
If you have the software then you should be able to get the game live as well on www.rte.ie/live as they stream live coverage (within Ireland) on that page.

I would if i wasnt in work for the game , thats why I need to know how long it takes RTE to put it up on the player, cheers

Acornvilla
07/11/2011, 4:02 PM
for those outside ireland just use a proxy with an irish IP and it should work

Irish_Praha
07/11/2011, 4:33 PM
for those outside ireland just use a proxy with an irish IP and it should work

Difficult to find one that is working let alone one that's also free, highly anon. and fast enough for streaming.

tetsujin1979
07/11/2011, 4:35 PM
See if you can watch any of the broadcasts here: https://www.aertv.ie
I'd imagine it's geo-locked, but I haven't been able to test it myself

boovidge
07/11/2011, 4:42 PM
Yeah it's definitely blocked.

SwanVsDalton
07/11/2011, 4:53 PM
According to Ken Early on Twitter, Walters could get the nod:

"on the strength of what he said this evening trap seems to be leaning towards a walters/keane strike partnership rather than keane/cox"

TrapAPony
07/11/2011, 4:54 PM
According to Ken Early on Twitter, Walters could get the nod:

"on the strength of what he said this evening trap seems to be leaning towards a walters/keane strike partnership rather than keane/cox"

Ya, Dan McDonnell said the same :
''Strong indication that Jon Walters will get the nod in Tallinn, although Trapattoni says we will 'have to wait..''

shaneker
07/11/2011, 5:34 PM
I would if i wasnt in work for the game , thats why I need to know how long it takes RTE to put it up on the player, cheers

For the Armenia game, I couldn't get off work until an hour after the game, so I had the same question. I e-mailed RTÉ to ask them, and although they never got back to me, it was up on the Player really quickly, I think it was less than an hour after full-time - I wondered if they had taken my email to heart and done me a favour! Maybe try that?

Stuttgart88
07/11/2011, 6:29 PM
Ya, Dan McDonnell said the same :
''Strong indication that Jon Walters will get the nod in Tallinn, although Trapattoni says we will 'have to wait..''Good choice Mr. Trap.

Irwin3
07/11/2011, 6:39 PM
Gibson is fit!

Sullivinho
07/11/2011, 7:05 PM
Good choice Mr. Trap.

Yep, sounds good to me too. If I didn't imagine it and Trap did mention not playing Robbie for 90 minutes, I assume Cox will get his opportunity at some point also.

the bear
07/11/2011, 7:54 PM
Good choice Mr. Trap.
good choice, any mention of the full backs?

Yard of Pace
07/11/2011, 7:54 PM
Gibson is fit!

Well praise be.

back of the net
07/11/2011, 8:26 PM
For the Armenia game, I couldn't get off work until an hour after the game, so I had the same question. I e-mailed RTÉ to ask them, and although they never got back to me, it was up on the Player really quickly, I think it was less than an hour after full-time - I wondered if they had taken my email to heart and done me a favour! Maybe try that?

Thanks Shaneker....will give it a bash

Currently in negotiations with my South Korean boss to get the Tuesday off for the second leg.....trying to get him to realise how big a game it is to our country so im using the South Korea W.C 2002 semi-finalist analogy D:

Eirambler
07/11/2011, 8:57 PM
Gibson is fit!

You say it like its a good thing...

the bear
07/11/2011, 10:07 PM
You say it like its a good thing...

he must of hit f instead of sh by mistake

Fixer82
08/11/2011, 1:44 AM
Best gonna link up with squad on Sat so should be fit for 2nd leg

tricky_colour
08/11/2011, 2:04 AM
I didn’t follow the mini-bus subject, so forgive me if I don’t get the irony, but I think you can find some of these over here.

Yes sorry about that it was just supposed to a humorous comment as the thread seemed to gone so far off topic it had became a thread about mini-buses!!
So it was not really directed at you rather the other people reading the thread, and at least one person 'got it' (according the thanks thing) but you were probably not alone at missing the irony.

I just thought it must have been strange for you to come to a thread about the build up to the game and find us all talking about mini-buses, I could imagine you thinking, "those Irish are a strange bunch with all this mini-bus talk!"

Any how I see you did manage to get a 'mini-bus' joke into your post so well done on that!!

It was one of the better ones I must say!! :rofl:

I think we might need to park something a bit bigger than a mini bus though.

theworm2345
08/11/2011, 3:21 AM
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/11/07/article-2058751-0EB41E3A00000578-454_468x299.jpg

paul_oshea
08/11/2011, 8:00 AM
Funny worm how the picture you found has connolly right at the front :D

I dont think if we got to the Euros quarters this time, Trap would allow such celebrations.

geysir
08/11/2011, 11:25 AM
A lot of talk about penalty shootouts at the press conferences.

shakermaker1982
08/11/2011, 11:32 AM
Is this the team then?

Given

Kelly Dunne St Ledger Ward

Duff Whelan Andrews McGeady

Keane Walters

We do need to score out there. I'd take 1-1. 0-0 would make Tuesday night a very nervy occasion.

shakermaker1982
08/11/2011, 11:33 AM
A lot of talk about penalty shootouts at the press conferences.

I wouldn't let McGeady take one!!

Junior
Is this the team then?

Given

Kelly Dunne St Ledger Ward

Duff Whelan Andrews McGeady

Keane Walters

We do need to score out there. I'd take 1-1. 0-0 would make Tuesday night a very nervy occasion.

With all the talk of injuries and the like over the last few weeks - I'd be happy enough if that team takes the field.

SwanVsDalton
The Twitter updates keep rolling in. From Tommy Martin (http://twitter.com/#!/tommymartin77):

"ROI update: Forde gone home with thigh, Randolph called up. Fahey knee jip, Given neck knock today's injury concerns. Robbie is here."

"Keith Andrews not training, Richard Dunne neither, but that's not unusual!"

"Tardelli says decision hasn't been made on who'll partner Keane. To confuse us Keane, Walters & Cox played in same training team. Dastardly!"

Reading between the lines, and knowing David Forde, he's gone home with an unspecified injury and a bucket of specifically chosen KFC.

Charlie Darwin
08/11/2011, 11:44 AM
Can't knock a man for specifically choosing his bucket of KFC to drown his sorrows after coming down with the dreaded "unspecified injury." Just ask Darron Gibson.

geysir
08/11/2011, 11:49 AM
Why not? has he not got a good record with the high pressure penalties?
At least we have a bunch of proven penalty takers in the squad,
might even fill a minibus.

Kingdom
08/11/2011, 11:53 AM

I've seen him take two penalties, and both were pressure situations for Spartak. Both were as good a penalty as you would hope to see. I'd have no qualms with him taking one.
Keane, McGeady, Walters, Whelan, Andrews, Doyle, Hunt, I'd be happy with any of them.

Charlie Darwin
08/11/2011, 11:54 AM
Your most technical players should take your penalties. That means Keane, Duff, McGeady, Walters, Cox if he's on the pitch. I'd imagine Dunne would take one too, maybe Whelan.

Kingdom
08/11/2011, 11:55 AM
I'd worry about Dunney taking one. Lets be honest, I'd assume anyone who references him would do so on the basis of his rasping shot ? Give me a placed penalty over a cannonbolt any day of the week.

Kingdom
08/11/2011, 11:56 AM
How is Westwood on the penalty's? You may as well wait for Hailey's comet to come around for Shay Given to save another penalty, seeing as his filled his decade long quota last season.

Charlie Darwin
08/11/2011, 11:58 AM
I mean he'd volunteer to take one. I would be less sure of him than the attacking players but I think he'd be a better than the midfielders.

geysir
08/11/2011, 12:03 PM
Has Duff ever taken a penalty? I have a vague memory he took one for Fulham in a penalty shoot-out.

Charlie Darwin
08/11/2011, 12:05 PM
Oh dear. Perhaps not then.

For Duff perhaps the biggest regret of his international soccer career is that Ireland failed to beat 10-man Spain thereby missing out on a quarter final spot. Despite yet another Man of the Match performance Duff declined to take one of the penalties in the shoot-out that went the way of the Spanish. When it comes to penalties, in Duff's own words, "I'm brutal at them."

Kingdom
08/11/2011, 12:06 PM
I mean he'd volunteer to take one. I would be less sure of him than the attacking players but I think he'd be a better than the midfielders.

Fair nuff, I'd never doubt his courage that's for sure.

Has Duff ever taken a penalty? I have a vague memory he took one for Fulham in a penalty shoot-out.
I think I read somewhere before that he doesn't like taking them? He's one I wouldn't fancy taking a penalty that's for sure. I'd cry if we have to go to penalties anyway, but I'd be pretty upset if we'd to resort to Duffer taking one (or McShane for that matter)- shudder...

loscherland
08/11/2011, 12:07 PM
Duff has no interest in taking peno's (Although not sure if he did/has done for Fulham?) - In Korea he was 110% not willing to step forward to take a peno... and for that reason, you wouldn't want him to either!

Regardless... all this talk of peno's already is very worrying don't you think!! - Trap planning to draw his way 0-0 to a peno shoot out in Dublin perhaps!?!?! - TORTURE!

pineapple stu
08/11/2011, 12:17 PM
No harm planning for penos. No point getting to penalties and then realising you've not covered the eventuality in training. Trap's just covering all the bases. Proper order too.