PDA

View Full Version : Munster Senior League - Junior Divisions

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

AvondaleNutter
12/12/2011, 10:18 PM
ThatTeam Of The Month award is a curse!!!

Midleton juniors got it for October then went and lost their first league game of the season!

We got it for November and lost our first league game of the season at the weekend!!!

Can the powers that be continue to concentrate on the city clubs and forget about us again please!!!:p

Ha, and I just looked to see who ye have at the weekend and it's a tough game against ringmahon.

Eric
13/12/2011, 8:14 AM
Yeah that's gonna be a tough one for us alright. It'll be a good test for us though.

overthehill
20/12/2011, 8:40 PM
Alrite lads,
Anyone out there looking for a game on wed/thurs Dec 28th/29th? Killumney Utd will travel to play ye pm or evening. Contact Derek 087 9475627 if interested.

Eric
07/01/2012, 11:30 AM
Tough weekend for Midleton Juniors next weekend. MSL site has them playing the FAI Junior Cup and Munster Junior Cup at home next Saturday at 2pm!!!!!

Eric
07/01/2012, 4:59 PM
We beat Ringmahon 3-1 today in the Munster Junior Cup. Tough game and was level at half time. We got a lucky break with a penalty at the start of the 2nd but they equalised straight away. It was pretty open after that. Thankfully we got the breaks and got 2 more.

Away to Ennis Town in the next round.

archie
07/01/2012, 7:04 PM
Tough weekend for Midleton Juniors next weekend. MSL site has them playing the FAI Junior Cup and Munster Junior Cup at home next Saturday at 2pm!!!!!

I WONDER WHAT PROVISIONAL MEANS :confused:

Eric
07/01/2012, 7:36 PM
Well spotted Archie! Pity you couldn't see the sarcasm in my post though!!

magpie
08/01/2012, 9:52 AM
midleton through to last 32 of fai junior cup. winning on pens 5-4.

Eric
08/01/2012, 10:29 AM
Was gonna go watch that Midleton game last night, sickened I didn't now!! Fair play to them.

magpie
08/01/2012, 6:53 PM
We beat Ringmahon 3-1 today in the Munster Junior Cup. Tough game and was level at half time. We got a lucky break with a penalty at the start of the 2nd but they equalised straight away. It was pretty open after that. Thankfully we got the breaks and got 2 more.

Away to Ennis Town in the next round. was that against rmahon 1st junior team eric?

Clifford
08/01/2012, 7:01 PM
Yeah the Ringmahon that are top of the Prem I believe. Great win for us that one. Well done to the lads.

Corinthians 365
09/01/2012, 3:46 PM
Looks like its going to be a 4 way battle for MSL Jnr Prem honours between Mayfield, Cors, Ringmahon and the Hall. Suprised to see Rockmount in the lower reaches, although they are too good a side to be in any relegation danger. Everton have a lot of games in hand but I dont really see them in the shake up. Which ever of the top 4 puts the best run together over the last 12 games will take the title.

Mighty almighty
09/01/2012, 5:36 PM
Was gonna go watch that Midleton game last night, sickened I didn't now!! Fair play to them.
Ya I went was great entertainment alright and great advertisement for a junior team,great commitment from both teams played in tough physical style,midleton started very poorly,but really grew into the game after 30min,played some lovely football at a quick pace,going to watch again this Sunday in the next round.
FairPlay to them!

billyteam
11/01/2012, 12:23 PM
Are a lot of that Midleton junior side ex youghal seniors??

villaman10
14/01/2012, 3:46 PM
Are a lot of that Midleton junior side ex youghal seniors??
every member of the midleton panel live within 6 miles of the club i'm told, hope that answers ure question billlyteam, only ''outsider'' is micky deasy but he is living in carrig, and has been with the club for 4-5 years at this stage,

Eric
14/01/2012, 10:38 PM
Won 5-0 away to Carrigaline today. Alan McCormack got 3 and Mark Kenny and Cathal Chambers got one each.

Home game against Everton next weekend in a huge game for both teams.

Sparky
14/01/2012, 11:05 PM
Looks like its going to be a 4 way battle for MSL Jnr Prem honours between Mayfield, Cors, Ringmahon and the Hall. Suprised to see Rockmount in the lower reaches, although they are too good a side to be in any relegation danger. Everton have a lot of games in hand but I dont really see them in the shake up. Which ever of the top 4 puts the best run together over the last 12 games will take the title.

I think it will go to the Hall (because they have the experience and have been here before) or Ringmahon as I think they are the best team at the moment. I would obviously not write anyone off but I must say this league is really exciting. Deccie O'Connell is a massive signing for the Juniors of Douglas and could be a big impact on a late surge for them. I am shocked with how bad Rockmount have fallen (Senior too). May the BEST TEAM win. Good luck lads.

Eric
15/01/2012, 4:59 PM
Midleton qualified for the last 16 of the FAI Junior Cup today with a 2-1 win AET.

Well done all involved!

magpie
16/01/2012, 7:40 PM
Midleton qualified for the last 16 of the FAI Junior Cup today with a 2-1 win AET.

Well done all involved!
good game and great atmosphere down there yesterday, thought midleton deserved their victory in the end. They have a great never say die attitude and kept on fighting untill the bitter end. For which credit most go to the management. Superb venue to watch a game, i think they should get more of the bigger games.

Silly Billy G
20/01/2012, 2:02 PM
Poor ol Blarney are gone to pot are they ? looking at results there and struggling big time

greengrass
20/01/2012, 2:48 PM
Poor ol Blarney are gone to pot are they ? looking at results there and struggling big time

there manager jacked it in in november
disgraceful carry on in fairness
there after losing a number of players now to other clubs aswell so things arent looking good for them
think they just have a patched together team of late so thats why results arent the greatest id imagine
still arent in the worst position in the table though so kinda shows the quality of teams has slipped dramatically this year

ringmahon4ever
21/01/2012, 7:00 PM
Ringmahon centre half tapped up by Douglas hall and is now after signing. dunno Wat tommy is thinking doing this.team leading the league all season and now player leaves. we seem to be s feeder club for Hall now

six-yard-box
23/01/2012, 4:09 PM
Blarney st are looking for a friendly at the weekend home or away. Any club interested contact Eddie on 021 4676577.

fifa
24/01/2012, 11:24 AM
Ringmahon centre half tapped up by Douglas hall and is now after signing. dunno Wat tommy is thinking doing this.team leading the league all season and now player leaves. we seem to be s feeder club for Hall now
Seems a bit stupid leaving a team on the up to join a team in decline

ringmahon4ever
28/01/2012, 3:51 PM
Beat mayfield away two nil today

Eric
29/01/2012, 3:45 PM
Won 1-0 away to Ennis Town Rock today in the Munster Junior Cup. Went 1 up on the half hour and they put us under pressure pretty much from there on. Hard fought win but good gutsy team performance.

Eric
05/02/2012, 1:09 PM
Won 3-1 away to Tramore this morning. Went a goal down but got back on level terms shortly after through a scrappy goal. Pretty open 2nd half in which we had the better chances and added 2 more.

Anyone know how Midleton got on last night in the Junior Cup?

archie
05/02/2012, 2:13 PM
Midleton Won 3-2

striker9
08/02/2012, 9:47 PM
Won 1-0 away to Ennis Town Rock today in the Munster Junior Cup. Went 1 up on the half hour and they put us under pressure pretty much from there on. Hard fought win but good gutsy team performance.

The way things are going at the moment the Munster junior cup next round looks like its going to be a warm up for the league decider !!! Should be great game both teams flying.

Eric
10/02/2012, 11:57 AM
Yeah looking forward to the next round against Midleton. They're flying at the minute so it'll be a good marker for us to see where we're at.

Gotta see off the challenge of Everton first though before we start thinking about league deciders!!!

Clifford
10/02/2012, 2:06 PM
It's onnnnnn....

Saturday 18th February
(2.30pm KO Unless Stated)

Munster Junior Cup 5th Round

Fermoy v Midleton Carrig Park
(P. Murphy, A. O’Regan, T. Cotter)

striker9
14/02/2012, 2:48 PM
Yeah looking forward to the next round against Midleton. They're flying at the minute so it'll be a good marker for us to see where we're at.

Gotta see off the challenge of Everton first though before we start thinking about league deciders!!!

Ya they are going well - So far they have been struggling at home but flying away. Funny one cause Everton are always strong at home

Eric
17/02/2012, 11:31 PM
Watched Corinthians v Douglas Hall tonight. Corinthians won 2-1 with a great free-kick in stoppage time. Cruel on Hall as they dominated the 2nd half and had got back on level terms about 5 minutes beforehand. They had a chance to go in front but their striker pulled his shot wide.

The wind was very strong there and both sides dominated while playing with it. Thought a draw would've been a fair result.

Corinthians 365
18/02/2012, 10:36 PM
Watched Corinthians v Douglas Hall tonight. Corinthians won 2-1 with a great free-kick in stoppage time. Cruel on Hall as they dominated the 2nd half and had got back on level terms about 5 minutes beforehand. They had a chance to go in front but their striker pulled his shot wide.

The wind was very strong there and both sides dominated while playing with it. Thought a draw would've been a fair result.

Very accurate report there. You were obviously scouting for junior cup game next Saturday and beyond!. Very tight affair last night as was expected given it was top of table clash. Draw probably fairest result on balance. Saying that, the free kick deserved to win any game. Unstoppable effort from Johnny Byrnes!.

Eric
19/02/2012, 3:56 PM
Very accurate report there. You were obviously scouting for junior cup game next Saturday and beyond!!.

ha ha Not so much scouting as taking in a game when I was nearby. Although it was good to see what the standard is like should we manage to go up this year.

You'll go a long way before you see a free-kick struck as well as that one Friday night.

AvondaleNutter
19/02/2012, 4:22 PM
ha ha Not so much scouting as taking in a game when I was nearby. Although it was good to see what the standard is like should we manage to go up this year.

You'll go a long way before you see a free-kick struck as well as that one Friday night.

Did the game go ahead yesterday Eric?

Eric
19/02/2012, 5:29 PM
Yeah our game went ahead. We won 4-2.

Midleton took an early lead playing with the wind but we got back on terms not too long after through Alan McCormack. We were under pressure for the rest of the half against a very strong wind.

Midleton took the lead again at the start of the 2nd half. A Mark Kenny penalty and a wonder strike from McCormack saw us take the lead. Game was pretty open after that with both of us having half chances. McCormack got his hat-trick and sealed it in stoppage time.

Eric
12/03/2012, 8:08 AM
We beat Broadford 3-2 in the Munster Junior Cup yesterday. To be fair to them they were a far better footballing side than us but 2 goals in a minute in the first half gave us a great cushion.

We blew the cushion in the first 10 minutes of the 2nd half conceding an own goal and penalty! We regrouped though and battled hard for the rest of the half. We went back in front with 10 to after Alan McCormack was halved in the box and Mark Kenny scored the penalty.

We're in unknown territory for our club now reaching the semi-final! Some quality teams left but we'll have a crack off them anyway!!

striker9
17/03/2012, 2:44 PM
St Marys not been able to field a team in a league game bad stuff...

mayfieldman
25/03/2012, 11:41 AM
beat corenthians 3-2 at home yesterday.good result especially since we were 2 down at half time.we were terrible in first half but played well in second half.they never showed up for second half and looked as if they thought they had it won.

AvondaleNutter
02/04/2012, 12:27 PM
Alright lads.. anyone know whats going on here?

In the Junior Super Cup, it looks like CIT & Ringmahon B and also the Hall Vs Fermoy game is to be replayed???
Also Passage have been replaced with "Bye"? Have they pulled out or thrown out?

1. Everton Utd
2. Ringmahon Rgs B / CIT
3. Everton
4. Rmahon Rgs A
5. Douglas Hall / Fermoy
6. Bye
7. Mayfield Utd
8. Glasheen

Eric
02/04/2012, 3:46 PM
First I've heard of it. We were under strength against the Hall in our game but were well beaten fair and square.

magpie
10/04/2012, 10:16 PM
Alright lads.. anyone know whats going on here?

In the Junior Super Cup, it looks like CIT & Ringmahon B and also the Hall Vs Fermoy game is to be replayed???
Also Passage have been replaced with "Bye"? Have they pulled out or thrown out?

1. Everton Utd
2. Ringmahon Rgs B / CIT
3. Everton
4. Rmahon Rgs A
5. Douglas Hall / Fermoy
6. Bye
7. Mayfield Utd
8. Glasheen

passage were thrown out because they more or less played there senior team against midleton.

AvondaleNutter
10/04/2012, 10:29 PM
passage were thrown out because they more or less played there senior team against midleton.

Why haven't Midleton been reinstated?

ringmahon4ever
11/04/2012, 1:08 PM
we were thrown out of cup as we played a senior defender v cit broke rule 44 which we did not spot , as far as i know passage fielded a few seniors but midleton did not come in as maybe they made the same error ? rules are rules and must be followed we just did not spot it as its a new rule, jnr prem heating up

Mighty almighty
13/04/2012, 5:21 PM
From what I can gather midleton secretary made d mistake of telling junior manager he could play senior sub goalkeeper in this cup,but soon followed that keeper was cup tied cos he signed the senior registration,a rule to which club didn't ever heard of!they'll no the next time!yip rules are rules,passage thrown out for playing bout 6 seniors!

Eric
14/04/2012, 9:12 PM
We were beaten 4-1 by Janesboro today in the semi-final of the Munster Junior Cup. We went 1 up but some silly mistakes let them back in it and take the lead. Once they did we were chasing shadows. They were a quality side who'd hold their own in the Senior Premier here.

magpie
19/04/2012, 6:05 PM
Again the munster senior league have screwed midleton fc juniors for the 3rd time in less than a season. They have been thrown out of the John Hayes cup for playing three u-19s against cobh lst friday night witch i think is an absolute disgrace. Has anyone ever heard of this rule? The organisation seemed to use the country teams as scape goats and to be honest i sick of them. They Wouldn't treat their beloved Avondale like this...

Eric
19/04/2012, 6:39 PM
I know the John Hayes is for 1st Division players only. Didn't know underage players weren't allowed play in it. Seems very harsh on Midleton though.

magpie
19/04/2012, 7:59 PM
I know the John Hayes is for 1st Division players only. Didn't know underage players weren't allowed play in it. Seems very harsh on Midleton though.

its a joke eric, being from a town outside the city, and with such a small choice of players to choose from,you surely understand where im coming from. its very important to give these lads the opportunity to play in these games, but if midleton had known this rule existed they would not have played these young lads, that is the blame of the munster senior league. its not fair on the lads who have put in so much effort through out the year, to have the chance of competing in this comp which they had a good chance of winning withdrawn.