PDA

View Full Version : Munster Senior League - Junior Divisions

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

Brad
05/01/2013, 4:46 PM
Close enough 1st half with hall going ahead following a break from a Fermoy corner. Fermoy equalised on stroke of h/t when a header goal wards was defected into his own net by the centre half. Hall regained the lead 5 mins into the 2nd half from a low cross. Game all but over on hour mark when the Fermoy keeper gave away a pen after some sloppy defending and was shown a red. The right back went in goal and saved the resulting pen. Fermoy battled on but the floodgates opened after hall got their 3rd with about 20 mins left.

Eric
05/01/2013, 8:28 PM
Going to be a struggle for Fermoy from here on in. Squad is thin and the loss of Alan McCormack to Park United is a huge blow.

Eric
06/01/2013, 1:06 AM
Not sure of the finer details but with a lot of last years squad gone I just think he wasn't enjoying it. He'd stated numerous times he didn't wanna play Senior which is why he played Junior last year and this. Surprised he transferred though.

pirlo
06/01/2013, 6:35 PM
I would agree with red and white but ringmahon beat a Douglas team missing 6 players including dec o O'Connell by miles the best junior player on his day.Tommy done good business in last week of last window singing 4 players, 3 from ringmahon seniors and monhian back from Miami.possible short a good striker there poor in that department. Ringmahon then i would say will fall short having lost a few to many players to senior's at start of season, unless they sign a few..would go with 1. Douglas Hall
2. Ringmahon
3. Everton
4. U C C
5. Corinthians.
You still think this is going to be the top 5? I think the Midleton lads will have something to say about this. They have carried there good form on from last yr, and I think kirbys men cud upset a few more teams this!!

corkey121
07/01/2013, 7:02 AM
http://foot.ie/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by corkey121 http://foot.ie/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://foot.ie/showthread.php?p=1648522#post1648522)
I would agree with red and white but ringmahon beat a Douglas team missing 6 players including dec o O'Connell by miles the best junior player on his day.Tommy done good business in last week of last window singing 4 players, 3 from ringmahon seniors and monhian back from Miami.possible short a good striker there poor in that department. Ringmahon then i would say will fall short having lost a few to many players to senior's at start of season, unless they sign a few..would go with 1. Douglas Hall
2. Ringmahon
3. Everton
4. U C C
5. Corinthians.

pirlo,

I will safley say Douglas hall will win this leauge,
Ringmahon will come in second or third tussle with everton there.then you should have corinthans and midleton and ucc battling it out for 5/6/7:eat:

pirlo
07/01/2013, 6:38 PM
I don't agree with you corkey, at the moment Midleton are the inform team and have beaten Everton twice this year, and unlike r'mahon they have the points on the board. I still think Douglas will win the league, but as for 2nd it still could be any of the above that you mentioned, Has deccie o connell returned to the senior team? Would love someone to confirm this rumour!?

Eric
07/01/2013, 8:23 PM
He played for their Juniors against Fermoy on Saturday anyway.

Eric
08/01/2013, 7:44 PM
As it stands there's 8 gone from the Fermoy squad of last season. Couple went up Senior, few retired as they were the wrong side of 30 and injury prone, and now Alan Mac is gone to Park. The ones that are gone were the backbone of the team last year so were always going to be hard to replace. With such a small pick around here the squad is pretty thin at the moment.

Clifford
11/01/2013, 8:38 PM
Fermoy won 1-0 in Carrigaline tonight. Should have been more by all accounts, we missed a pen as well. Gavin Quirke with the goal.

striker9
19/01/2013, 3:53 PM
Any result from mayfield ? Surely game in ringmahon was called off!

1fortheTeam
24/01/2013, 10:01 PM
http://foot.ie/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by corkey121 http://foot.ie/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://foot.ie/showthread.php?p=1648522#post1648522)
2. Ringmahon
3. Everton
4. U C C
5. Corinthians.

pirlo,

I will safley say Douglas hall will win this leauge,
Ringmahon will come in second or third tussle with everton there.then you should have corinthans and midleton and ucc battling it out for 5/6/7:eat:name change to corkey12345 i think corkey the killumney boys loving this id say lol .everton 5 ringers 0.

corkey121
25/01/2013, 7:42 AM
wow 5 nil a big shock, any reports on the game..ringmahon have now conceded 11 goals in two games.ill still put them in the top 3,they only have 4 league games played, to much stop start down there..u were very quiet when killumey got bashed at weekend, altho its better the listening to moaning about the ref;)

1fortheTeam
25/01/2013, 8:58 AM
wow 5 nil a big shock, any reports on the game..ringmahon have now conceded 11 goals in two games.ill still put them in the top 3,they only have 4 league games played, to much stop start down there..u were very quiet when killumey got bashed at weekend, altho its better the listening to moaning about the ref;)im never like that kid i posted away even thou they lost by a goal corkey only joking kid best of luck for the rest of the season .

Clifford
08/02/2013, 9:01 PM
Fermoy beat Midleton 2-1 in Midleton tonight. That's a great run they are on 4 wins in a row.

Cici900
08/02/2013, 10:29 PM
Been a while since been at a game, v busy! Took in my first ever Junior game tonight, Hall 7-1 Mayfield! Mayfield destroyed hall for first half but somehow were 4-0 down at half time, hall took their 4 shots on goal mayfield not good in front of goal. 6 of the 7 goals tonight would make goal of the month on Sky!! number 11 for hall was impressive, small man up front with mayfield was very sharp! Great advertisement for the game.

corkey121
09/02/2013, 6:26 AM
Been a while since been at a game, v busy! Took in my first ever Junior game tonight, Hall 7-1 Mayfield! Mayfield destroyed hall for first half but somehow were 4-0 down at half time, hall took their 4 shots on goal mayfield not good in front of goal. 6 of the 7 goals tonight would make goal of the month on Sky!! number 11 for hall was impressive, small man up front with mayfield was very sharp! Great advertisement for the game.

Destroyed them?are u for real here,mayfield had good opening 20 mins ..once hall scored that was it .they were terrible .shocking at the back..hall far superior team..goals were out of this world included one like van bastan from 6...hall have newport next week mjc 6th round..

Where is pirlo tonight bad defeat to fermoy ,i stand by my 12345 ha

AvondaleNutter
09/02/2013, 9:15 AM
Destroyed them?are u for real here,mayfield had good opening 20 mins ..once hall scored that was it .they were terrible .shocking at the back..hall far superior team..goals were out of this world included one like van bastan from 6...hall have newport next week mjc 6th round..

Where is pirlo tonight bad defeat to fermoy ,i stand by my 12345 ha

Are you a douglas hall man or a ringmahon man? You get very defensive over both teams. Hall were very good against out junior team last week. We were ahead twice but they are a different league altogether. They would give the senior first division teams a run for their money.

Eric
09/02/2013, 10:42 AM
Good battling win for Fermoy last night. Midleton played some great football in the 1st half and really should've been out of sight. They created a number of chances but wasted them.

Fermoy got more stuck in in the 2nd half. The equaliser was a beautiful lob and then they grabbed the winner with not too long to go. Midleton pushed for an equaliser but couldn't conjur one.

Mighty almighty
09/02/2013, 1:54 PM
Good battling win for Fermoy last night. Midleton played some great football in the 1st half and really should've been out of sight. They created a number of chances but wasted them.

Fermoy got more stuck in in the 2nd half. The equaliser was a beautiful lob and then they grabbed the winner with not too long to go. Midleton pushed for an equaliser but couldn't conjur one.

Hav not seen many of midletons junior games this year,went to this one,Totally agree with this match report,Midleton should hav been 4 up at halv time but were not due to terrible finishing,scored an excellent goal with a passing move from the back for the opener.1-0 at half time.midleton started 2nd half ok fermoy got a equaliser with a very good lob indeed,and yes fermoy played with more bite in there game which restricted midletons passing game and made the game more even,Midleton gave away a sloppy goal,of poor defending with 10mins to go,Midleton's poor finishing on the night came back to bite them.

mardyke
09/02/2013, 4:18 PM
I was talking to one of the Midleton junior team players at the Ringmahon v Mayfield game today reckoned its the line which is costing them.

Eric
09/02/2013, 5:23 PM
I was talking to one of the Midleton junior team players at the Ringmahon v Mayfield game today reckoned its the line which is costing them.

Have they not got the same management team as last season?

Mighty almighty
09/02/2013, 7:16 PM

Same manager as last year Eric,with two new lads as assistants,find that statement a bit confusing Mardyke,are not Midleton having a good season back in the premier,and had a great season last year,thought they were excellent in first half last night,should have been ahead by more,but bad finishing cost them really.second half fermoy got much tighter and made it a right battle.And got the rub of the green.

villaman10
09/02/2013, 7:58 PM
stop biting mighty

Mighty almighty
09/02/2013, 8:08 PM
stop biting mighty

Just my opinion villaman,can't really make sense of mardykes comment,if I look at the table,Midleton are well up there,if a strong Douglas drop any points there alot of teams will be in the shake up.

mardyke
09/02/2013, 8:24 PM
Only relaying what one of the Midleton players said at the game today. Said always same results in the top games never win them bad calls from the line.

Mighty almighty
09/02/2013, 8:55 PM
Only relaying what one of the Midleton players said at the game today. Said always same results in the top games never win them bad calls from the line.
Opinions opinions.....why everyone loves the beautiful game of football.

Igot2words4ya
12/02/2013, 4:49 PM
Who do people think will win the premier this year?Douglas hall and Ringmahon have the games in hand.

villaman10
12/02/2013, 11:17 PM
Idleton are not good enough for the league it will be between everton and douglas hall trouble down in ringmahon and too many games to catch up

can't see past the hall myself, i saw everton over x-mass and they were terrible, beaten by the "not good enough midleton" easily, 2-0 was the score and could of easily been more

Igot2words4ya
13/02/2013, 4:31 PM
3 nil was the score,everton were missing 5 r 6 that day,and they have since thumped ringmahon 5-0,beat ucc who r top
And the thumping of Ringmahon was done minus 1r2 regular starters.I think alot depends on Rob O Mahony and how long more he plays for before GAA takes over.Also a few of Douglas Halls junior players are helping the seniors regularly so their title push depends on Tommy Cocran keeping his junior players under the 5 appearances

corkey121
14/02/2013, 1:47 PM
Was actually talking to Tommy recently and he was saying theres no pressure on him with the seniors taking players, they have 20 on squad and are getting most of them training every week. Douglas hall juniors have went from strenght to strenght since their loss to Kilumney in fai, so to say juniors REGULARLY helping seniors is crap.

corkey121
14/02/2013, 2:45 PM
ive said on this before the hall by at least 6 points....with the squad tommy c put together :ball:

Igot2words4ya
14/02/2013, 11:12 PM
Robbie o mahoney hasnt played foe weeks and ringmahon were at full strength i saw that game
I ment Everton were missing one or two starters that night against ringmahon.The tall fela who plays cm wasn't there.

Igot2words4ya
14/02/2013, 11:17 PM
Was actually talking to Tommy recently and he was saying theres no pressure on him with the seniors taking players, they have 20 on squad and are getting most of them training every week. Douglas hall juniors have went from strenght to strenght since their loss to Kilumney in fai, so to say juniors REGULARLY helping seniors is crap.
So you'd expect Tommy too say "ya all my best junior players are playing senior every week" of course he says theres no pressure on him but like EVERY senior club in Cork the Seniors come first.Be that about training times,the use of pitchs or also the use of players.If a senior team needs a Junior and that Junior wants too go Senior then Tommy gets no say.like lots of other Junior managers.

corkey121
15/02/2013, 12:42 PM
So you'd expect Tommy too say "ya all my best junior players are playing senior every week" of course he says theres no pressure on him but like EVERY senior club in Cork the Seniors come first.Be that about training times,the use of pitchs or also the use of players.If a senior team needs a Junior and that Junior wants too go Senior then Tommy gets no say.like lots of other Junior managers.

Lads are you for real here.the only junior player to play a game was tucker .he played for 20 mins ...as for hall been poor at back .facts.... they have conceeded two goals in 8 games very poor alright ....stop talking trash with out facts ...

Igot2words4ya
15/02/2013, 1:37 PM
Is Mark Maher Senior or junior this season?

corkey121
16/02/2013, 5:21 PM
Is Mark Maher Senior or junior this season?

Junior has not kicked a ball in months out injured.

Igot2words4ya
16/02/2013, 10:15 PM
Fine player.watched the Hall juniors a few times this year and didnt see him.wasnt sure was he senior

corkey121
18/02/2013, 12:01 PM
Fine player.watched the Hall juniors a few times this year and didnt see him.wasnt sure was he senior

I was at ringmahon v carrigaline junior 3 2 ringmahon.late goal

corkey121
18/02/2013, 12:17 PM
Douglas Hall into last 8 munster junior cup, good display yesterday against a poor newport next round pike rovers at home. the hall will go into this game with no fear. some excellent displays yesterday but need to improve up front id think to beat pike

striker9
18/02/2013, 2:27 PM
Great stuff Corkey ! Ye shouldn't fear anyone at home good to see cork teams doing well. Will that be played on the grass or the all weather?

six-yard-box
19/02/2013, 10:57 PM
was at midleton mayfield tonight. my ears are bleeding from the amount of times i heard the whistle. ruined what looked like devolping into a good game of ball. card happy 9 yelllows and a red and there wasnt a bad tackle in the game. draw was fair result as both sides traded halves.

mslchamp
20/02/2013, 1:02 PM
He will be missed by the hall. Hardest player I ever marked he doesn't stop running and a fine passer, battler too.

mslchamp
22/02/2013, 5:35 PM
Corinthians v Douglas Hall tonight and Ringmahon v Everton on sunday. a lot left to play for but these results could be crucial

corkey121
23/02/2013, 6:51 PM
Big game tomorrow between everyone and ringmahon, I fancy everyone to show why they are title favourites by claiming the win

Title favs = dont make me luagh .......
Huge game in ringmahon park after hall winning against cors last night.appparently two late strikes ..any repots from game heard hall truley deserved it ...

Glenbuck
23/02/2013, 10:41 PM
Can anyone shed any light on the ref who refused to book players because he turned up without cards recently. Heard it at work earlier tonight.

Igot2words4ya
24/02/2013, 12:31 PM
Heard Ringmahon had 2 sent of this morning??
Also first divisions are going too be very long this season with 3 games a team too get threw.

corkey121
25/02/2013, 7:03 AM
They did one for a headbutt and one two yellows 2 silly tackles not a bad game everton were missing a few ringmahon just lost the plot

from what i seen Joe brown was up to his tricks again...and all i can say is i was pretty close to incident, and yes after this incident ringmahon lost the plot ,ringmahon deserved point at least,good win for everton all the same..:question:

corkey121
25/02/2013, 2:26 PM
[

His old tricks??he prob went down a bit easy but art the end of the day the ringmahon player headbutted him after a very bad challenge from the ringmahon player a point each looked the fairest result to be fair but big win for everton all the same

A headbutt lets be fair here now,bad tackle all agreed.joe jumped up put his head into no 10 head both put head forward,no way was it a headbutt total over reaction and he got man sent off.not for the first time in his playing days .;)MASSIVE WIN , dont see them winning all there games which is wat is going to be required i think.

Clifford
27/02/2013, 10:25 PM
Carrigaline could drop into it alright,have fermoy not lost a few in a row and a few players rockmount should be strong enough to pull away from down there

Fermoy won three in a row before losing to Mount. All Away as well - to Carrialine, brooklodge and Midleton. 20 points now with same games played as the few not expected to pull clear like College and Mount. I'd rather have the points in the bag to be honest than facing into 2/3 games a week as it's very hard now to fill teams with work commitments mid week etc.

Igot2words4ya
27/02/2013, 10:30 PM
Fermoy won three in a row before losing to Mount. All Away as well - to Carrialine, brooklodge and Midleton. 20 points now with same games played as the few not expected to pull clear like College and Mount. I'd rather have the points in the bag to be honest than facing into 2/3 games a week as it's very hard now to fill teams with work commitments mid week etc.

Have Fermoy juniors lost many players?i know Socks went too middelton and the other striker (alan I think was his name ) went too park at Christmas time but outside of those?