PDA

View Full Version : Munster Senior League - Junior Divisions

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

Radiostar
19/08/2013, 7:00 PM
I agree with ya on that Superkeeper, there are probably too many teams at the moment and not enough players, particularly in the City.

mardyke
19/08/2013, 9:28 PM
Right lads who are the contenders? Douglas how are they fixed surely be favourites! Ringmahon and Corinthians be dangerous I think! What about Midleton?

tricksey
21/08/2013, 5:10 PM
Is it ringmahon a/b tonight against the hall?

Thebeanosarebac
21/08/2013, 8:51 PM
A were playing ringmahon Barcelona tomorrow night!

tricksey
22/08/2013, 11:01 AM
Any results match reports ?

pirlo
24/08/2013, 1:42 PM
Any results match reports ?
Went up to watch Douglas hall v Midleton last nite. All I can say is that the hall did not look as convincing as last year. Maybe they were missing a few, but Midleton looked more like potential champions and had a right go at them, and for 80 mins the hall were struggling to get a hold of the game.
Interesting season ahead.

Mighty almighty
24/08/2013, 10:08 PM
How'd it end up Prilo?

Heard it was 2-1 to Douglas a few min to go,was it full time score?

rushy12
25/08/2013, 9:24 AM
Went up to watch Douglas hall v Midleton last nite. All I can say is that the hall did not look as convincing as last year. Maybe they were missing a few, but Midleton looked more like potential champions and had a right go at them, and for 80 mins the hall were struggling to get a hold of the game.
Interesting season ahead.
that's a silly comment to start off the year..i went to watch that match too..you want a team to look convincing on their first competitive game? not possible..they looked well off their usual but from what i saw they have lost a few and got in a few, both panels looked like they were light on the bench.hall had 20 last year.i questioned their bottle last year and they came up with the goods..but from what i saw Friday night is that no one will be running away with points and the league, due to lack of players available to clubs due to transfers going senior etc the league will be the most open that it has ever been, which makes it more interesting and hopefully for the neutral more entertaining.best of luck to all involved.

Clifford
25/08/2013, 1:21 PM
Passage 6-1 Fermoy

A new Fermoy side had a baptism of fire this morning at Passage. Totally new team bar one or two and it showed. However the scoreline could have been easier on the eye but for some poor finishing and a ref decision or two. Not good but its a start to a new era hopefully of younger lads. All the midfield and strikers were young lads who may in time be senior standard, 3/4 of them have already made inroads in that team/level.

littleman
05/09/2013, 3:23 PM
Red,,,,add a 9/1 against Marys to our league cup table,havnt heard whats goin to happen with the Mallow game we were supposed to play yet.

fai junior draw
Cork AUL/Cork Business League/Munster Senior League/West Cork
Round 1
Greenmount Rgs v Douglas Hall Ath B
Dillons Cross FC v Buttevant FC
Blackstone Rvs v Glenvale FC
Blarney St Ath v Carrigaline Utd
Kanturk FC v Bohemians FC
St. Marys FC v Grattan Utd
Park Utd v Pearse Celtic A
Round 2
St. Marys or Grattan U v College Corths B
Watergrass Hill Utd v Mayfield Utd
Ballinhassig FC v Glenthorn Celtic
Carrigtwohill Utd v Park Utd or Pearse Cel
Castlelack FC v Springfield FC
Castleview FC v Blackstone or Glenvale
Glen Cel B v College Corths
Marlboro Trust FC v Greenwood FC
Douglas Hall Ath A v Wilton Utd
Richmond A v Clonakilty FC
Mallow Utd v Fox & Hound FC
Corkbeg FC v Inishvilla FC
Coachford FC v Everton Utd
Planet Blackpool FC v Waterloo A FC
Bweeng Cel v Ringmahon Rgs
Leeview Ath v Youghal Utd
Pearse Cel B v Rockmount FC
Cork Eagles FC v Dunbar Celtic
Everton FC v Douglas Hall FC (AUL)
Fermoy FC v Kilreen Celtic
Greenmount R or Douglas Hall B v Macroom FC
Glen Cel A v Richmond B FC
Dillon Cross or Buttevant v Temple Utd
Middleton FC v Killumney Utd
Cathedral Celtic v UCC Utd
Kanturk or Bohemians v Blarney St Ath
Glasheen FC v Fairview FC
Cobh Wanderers v Waterloo B FC

littleman
05/09/2013, 3:32 PM
Some really hard games here lads,pick of the games

killer"B"
05/09/2013, 3:34 PM
plus a glamour tie for pearse b v rockmount :cool:

Sparks
05/09/2013, 6:36 PM
Some really hard games here lads,pick of the games

What dates are the games fixed for lads?

schoolboygodno9
05/09/2013, 6:40 PM
Have ringmahon only one junior team for FAI junior

Sparks
05/09/2013, 7:03 PM
Have ringmahon only one junior team for FAI junior

Well they have 2 MJL Premier sides so I'd imagine they both would be entered this comp too

littleman
06/09/2013, 8:06 AM
The 1ST round is down for next weekend and the weekend after.2nd round is around the 1st week of October and so on barring replays.

schoolboygodno9
06/09/2013, 8:16 AM
Well they have 2 MJL Premier sides so I'd imagine they both would be entered this comp too
Only one team in the draw as far as i can see

greengrass
06/09/2013, 8:40 AM
Some teams don't enter as there is no point.

How many rounds to get out of cork ?

littleman
06/09/2013, 10:45 AM
I am open to correction on this but it looks to me as if their are 4 rounds in the Cork Area draw upon which round 5 will be the open draw,ie everyone goes into the pot from around the country

killer"B"
06/09/2013, 11:53 AM
I am open to correction on this but it looks to me as if their are 4 rounds in the Cork Area draw upon which round 5 will be the open draw,ie everyone goes into the pot from around the country
how ye looking littleman 2nd round draw against watergrasshill ya ? would ye be confident in that tie ??

littleman
08/09/2013, 9:32 AM
Dont know anything about them Killer,bar where the pitch is.Last time I was up there was with Grattan an a lot of things were different then.

littleman
11/09/2013, 1:30 PM
Footballs fickle red, i had a great junior cup results in my group last season an solid early season results an the rest was very hit an miss an we managed with some very hard work in the end to stay up comfortably.

Played ringmahon in our first league game last week an drew 3/3. Last season the same fixture finished 8 or 9/1 to rinhmahon so im just happy we gave a better showing of ourselves in this game. Ringmahon an the Hall are run away favourites again with UCC an Midleton for my money being the dark horses. The rest of us will try to make it hard for for them.

Interesting to see that Rockmount are still encluded in the league table despite all the so called rumors ?,,,,,,, an Glasheen top of the league :)

littleman
11/09/2013, 6:40 PM
Haha Red,,,,,,,,its a case of whos the better liar. The one who said Ringmahon have lost a load,or maybe the one who said the Hall have lost a load. I can tell ya Ringmahon will challange from what I saw of them last week they are strong all over the pitch,and from the bench. The Hall were written off last season early days an they won the league so forgive me for taking the speil on the echo with a pinch of salt. Ucc were top class for most of last season as were Midleton so ya id expect them to challange. The rest of us will have to step up to the plate wont we .

littleman
13/09/2013, 9:29 PM
Rockmount down for a league game next Saturday,,,,,,,, rumors of there demise have been greatly exaggerated me thinks :),,,,,,,,,, fair dues to all out in Whitechurch for proving the doubters wrong.

overthehill
14/09/2013, 8:51 PM
Micky Bulman and Gary Peglar gone out to Rockmount juniors, team being put together under the guidance of Pakie i hear

Mighty almighty
15/09/2013, 1:18 PM
Midleton 1-1 mayfield
Only saw 2nd half decent football from both sides Midleton prob shaded it but mayfield looked very dangerous on the break,mayfield got a screamer but player looked like he came from offside position,Midleton were incensed with referee.some strike though.
Midleton equalised through a penalty bout 10 to go.from wat I saw draw was fair result.

littleman
15/09/2013, 8:56 PM
Mighty you saw the Mayfield goal,great goal it was indeed..........Can you explain to the people who read theses posts considering you saw the goal how exactly or why exactly Midleton were "incensed".

From what I saw,Mayfield took a corner,the box was full of players,front an back post etc etc, ball went back post and Mayfield put it back in from the endline.The Mayfield player who took the corner was on the edge of the 18 at this stage an volleyed the ball into the top corner. The ref was standing 20 yards out and saw the whole episode unfold in front of him and actually told the Midleton defenders it was impossible for anyone to be offside when Midleton had a man on the front and back post.

Absaloute ridiculous appeal in fairness,it was a decent game ,but it was plain to see it was a bit ragged in parts due to it being an early season game.

Its a point gained for Midleton an 3 points dropped for Mayfield would be more of a realistic assessment goin on the game itself. Midleton had 4 corners,Mayfield had 10,that stat would tell a different story about which goal was under the most pressure. But hey why would anyone belive my humble opinion,ur version is far better if your from Midleton.

Mighty almighty
15/09/2013, 10:20 PM
Mighty you saw the Mayfield goal,great goal it was indeed..........Can you explain to the people who read theses posts considering you saw the goal how exactly or why exactly Midleton were "incensed".

From what I saw,Mayfield took a corner,the box was full of players,front an back post etc etc, ball went back post and Mayfield put it back in from the endline.The Mayfield player who took the corner was on the edge of the 18 at this stage an volleyed the ball into the top corner. The ref was standing 20 yards out and saw the whole episode unfold in front of him and actually told the Midleton defenders it was impossible for anyone to be offside when Midleton had a man on the front and back post.

Absaloute ridiculous appeal in fairness,it was a decent game ,but it was plain to see it was a bit ragged in parts due to it being an early season game.

Its a point gained for Midleton an 3 points dropped for Mayfield would be more of a realistic assessment goin on the game itself. Midleton had 4 corners,Mayfield had 10,that stat would tell a different story about which goal was under the most pressure. But hey why would anyone belive my humble opinion,ur version is far better if your from Midleton.

Sure did you'l do well to see a better strike all season,screamer.To be honest littleman I didn't see the first half but talking to one of the lads in the stand said ye had the better start for first 20min,personally I didnt see anyone one on the posts but I wasn't in a good position to say he was offside either just saying the way the players reacted must hav been close,I agree with ur assessment about being a bit ragged in parts,teams looked to do right thing but broke down easily at times,it is junior afterall,but thought Midleton moved the ball well from what I saw,thought ye had a solid outfit,alot of weight of Jamie murphys shoulders,he will hurt alot of teams for ye during season,will he play junior for year?

littleman
16/09/2013, 12:26 AM
Midleton is a tough place to try to take 3 points.Most sides go there thinking a point is a great result,we left 3 behind us. The 2 sides iv been most impressed with since iv been in the MSL junior have been in Ringmahon and Midleton.

Honest decent hard working sides that make ya earn a point or 3. No bs about them. We had the game in our hands at times today but didnt kill Midelton off,same against Ringmahon.

Like I said early season game,rather be ragged now than in the last 4 or 5 games. Think Midleton will struggle if ya man Deegan gets injured,class act.The 2 center halfs were good. Pity Deegan he has nothin around him. Koffi for Mayfield was the standout player on the day in midfield,gets fouls blown against him for no other reason that hes hard an fair,tough in the takle,the mans a beast.Thought the Mayfield 2 dominated the Midleton 3 today,lesson to all concerned.Ya have to have the players to play a system,ya cant enforce it on players.

Midelton will take points off most teams at home,and a lot of points off teams away,good side.

Jamie will play where he wants and when he wants.Hes playin ball with his mates an hes happy. Thats all you can ask.

Mighty almighty
16/09/2013, 10:47 AM
Midleton is a tough place to try to take 3 points.Most sides go there thinking a point is a great result,we left 3 behind us. The 2 sides iv been most impressed with since iv been in the MSL junior have been in Ringmahon and Midleton.

Honest decent hard working sides that make ya earn a point or 3. No bs about them. We had the game in our hands at times today but didnt kill Midelton off,same against Ringmahon.

Like I said early season game,rather be ragged now than in the last 4 or 5 games. Think Midleton will struggle if ya man Deegan gets injured,class act.The 2 center halfs were good. Pity Deegan he has nothin around him. Koffi for Mayfield was the standout player on the day in midfield,gets fouls blown against him for no other reason that hes hard an fair,tough in the takle,the mans a beast.Thought the Mayfield 2 dominated the Midleton 3 today,lesson to all concerned.Ya have to have the players to play a system,ya cant enforce it on players.

Midelton will take points off most teams at home,and a lot of points off teams away,good side.

Jamie will play where he wants and when he wants.Hes playin ball with his mates an hes happy. Thats all you can ask.

Ya agree with most ur points,haven't seen ringmahon play much to be honest,I saw ur game in Midleton last year and thought ye wer most physical side I've seen down in midleton,yes and a very good central midfield.deehan didnt play yesterday saw him in the was in d stand with his kids.

Sparks
18/09/2013, 6:42 AM
@littleman was said too me last night ye have a bye into the semi's of the cup. Is this just felas spouting nonsence or have you heard the same?

littleman
19/09/2013, 10:03 PM
Honestly I have heard nothing Sparks . So tis only lads speculating I'd say .

pirlo
22/09/2013, 5:22 PM
Any results from the munster junior cup lads?

littleman
22/09/2013, 5:35 PM
Temple United 1 Mayfield United 9

killer"B"
22/09/2013, 5:46 PM
nice win littlman stinker of a weekend for temple as a club youghal beat there senior 7 nil too

pirlo
22/09/2013, 6:30 PM

Good win little man, who you playing next? How bad where temple or how good where mayfield?

littleman
23/09/2013, 2:56 PM
Free weekend for us cause we have 4 on the Oscar traynor squad for Sundays game . Temple have a very young side an in fairness the lads in charge are looking long term an there attitude despite the scoreline Sunday was bang on. A lot of sides could lose the plot when things go pear shaped but to there credit they kept tryin to play ball. I wish them all the best for the season.

With regards to our form, we have scored 34 goals in 5 competitive games , be wrong of me to complain .:p

littleman
24/09/2013, 9:03 PM
Tommy Cocran is the MSL Oscar Traynor manager this season and I wish him all the best,as I would any manager in that role.

With regards to us, all we are doing by scoring freely is letting the contenders this season in the junior premier is that we wont be as easy as we were at times last season.

fifa
27/09/2013, 5:46 PM
Just seen the oscar traynor squad on tonight's echo surprised to see only two players from last seasons runners up who have already beaten d.hall this season who have Seven!

Sparks
27/09/2013, 8:57 PM
Just seen the oscar traynor squad on tonight's echo surprised to see only two players from last seasons runners up who have already beaten d.hall this season who have Seven!

What's the squad?

littleman
28/09/2013, 9:35 PM
Sparks I didnt see the Echo but if the Hall have 7 an Ringmahon have 2,we have 4,1 from Midleton as far as I know. I heard names mentioned from Passage and Mallow an Fermoy too if thats any help . With regards to Ringmahon,ya Im surprised they have only 2 but I dont know the backround story so I wont comment. Very dissapointed that UCC have no contingent .

All I will say is the BEST players to select in this competition are the ones who are playing well now , not last season now. Personal opinion dosent play a part,the here and now an how a player is doing,not last season. And I think Im right in saying that .

With all due respect though lads its a hard task to pick a side for such a prestegious competition so early in the season. Different for the Senior lads as the quality is nearly always guarrenteed . Junior can still be hit and miss,especially in the MSL junior.

Eric
29/09/2013, 8:25 AM
Can someone post up the squad if they get a chance please. Didn't see the Echo the other day.

littleman
30/09/2013, 1:13 PM
MSL 1 Kerry Aul 2

littleman
30/09/2013, 1:31 PM
Jamie Murphy an Craig Keegan both started,with Murphy scoring the equaliser. Kerry looked a decent team alright. Very organised . From talking to a few of the Kerry lads before the game they have been training together for the last 8 weeks and you could see it in the way they play. They were well up for it on the day,some hefty challanges were put in. Kerry wont be an easy touch for anyone.

Superkeeper
30/09/2013, 2:52 PM
This whole set up needs to be seriously looked at. To be honest it seems that nobody cares about this competition.

littleman
30/09/2013, 8:13 PM
Superkeeper your entitled to your opinion,but what I saw of the match yesterday there was no lack of effort . They all gave it there best . Kerry were just well up for it.

littleman
02/10/2013, 7:54 PM
Revised draw for the junior league cup quaterfinals ?

Q-Finals:

1. Ringmahon Rgs B v Douglas Hall
2. Everton / Wilton Utd v Mayfield Utd
3. College Cors v Carrigaline Utd B
4. Ringmahon Rgs A v Douglas Hall Ath

Sparks
02/10/2013, 9:17 PM
Revised draw for the junior league cup quaterfinals ?

Q-Finals:

1. Ringmahon Rgs B v Douglas Hall
2. Everton / Wilton Utd v Mayfield Utd
3. College Cors v Carrigaline Utd B
4. Ringmahon Rgs A v Douglas Hall Ath

Ye were originally down too play Leeside ya?

littleman
02/10/2013, 9:30 PM
Ya Sparks but their was some issue with a Leeside player I think and it seems the fairest thing was to just have a play off between Everton an Wilton . Dosent really bother me personally .

littleman
02/10/2013, 9:53 PM
Just spotted Carrigaline A have been removed,replaced by Ringmahon A ?,,,,,,,im lost