PDA

View Full Version : Munster Senior League - Junior Divisions

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

Bodie
12/04/2011, 11:11 AM
was at game myself..thought hall were full value for their win alright, at a different level I think. Not sure either goal was scrappy one great finish form 20 yards and another from halls striker( looks fine player) from tight angle. Mayfield battled hard in fairness.

A few twists and turns yet but hall should take the league at this stage. At the other end It will be very interesting aswell..an exciting few weeks ahead.

Sparky
12/04/2011, 11:40 AM
I too was at the game. D.Hall in full control. This league looks wrapped up and they have the talent to see it out comfortably. Nice side who try to play ball. Slightly on the light side so maybe thats why Michaels beat them. I was impressed with the way they moved the ball against Mayfield.

villaman10
12/04/2011, 11:53 AM
some battle for relagation places, looks like the incident in o shea park earlier in the season might decide blarney/midletons fate?? have midleton been awarded the points for that game yet are have the msl not finished their inquiry yet?? douglas look nailed on to win the title they have some record over the last couple of season's, shame they couldn't get a better run in the cups!!

ringmahon4ever
12/04/2011, 8:21 PM
beat coriantians tonight one nil.should of been more.had all the football

greengrass
13/04/2011, 5:23 PM
some battle for relagation places, looks like the incident in o shea park earlier in the season might decide blarney/midletons fate?? have midleton been awarded the points for that game yet are have the msl not finished their inquiry yet?? douglas look nailed on to win the title they have some record over the last couple of season's, shame they couldn't get a better run in the cups!!

A point a piece i was told as it was 1 all at the time
player invloved got 6 months out,4 on appeal
for some reason the msl hav not added on the game and point to both teams even though it was part of there ruling,
should make for an interesting game if the 2 sides are fighting relegation

Corinthians 365
13/04/2011, 6:38 PM
Was at cors v ringmahon last night. Game was very tight. Both sides passed up good goal scoring opportunities. Earlier post suggested ringmahon had all the ball. Off the mark. Cors failed to score despite 3 one on ones with goalie after beating ringmahons dodgy offside trap. Very little between the teams. Ringmahon took one half chance from a corner late on and that was that.

footiefanatic
14/04/2011, 11:42 AM
May have been slightly premature in writing cobh off! although games are running out. all those teams around them have a lot of tough games left. Still an uphill battle though and i still expect that it will be cobh and glasheen that are they one's to go down!

greengrass
16/04/2011, 4:32 PM
big win for carragaline against douglas
its that time of the year when seniors come down i suppose

flyr
16/04/2011, 5:32 PM
blarney lost again last night good news for cobh????

greengrass
16/04/2011, 5:56 PM
blarney lost again last night good news for cobh????

they still need to capatalise though
i reckon cobh will win or draw there remaining home game but will struggle with there away games on a bigger pitch
was surprised at how small cobhs pitch is,width and length
good advantage for them

greengrass
20/04/2011, 6:00 PM
ne word on the glasheen midletyon score last nyt?

Silly Billy G
21/04/2011, 9:00 AM
Looking at the Junior Premier table Midelton versus Blarney a huge game this sunday now. One point between them with only a few games left and Cobh after picking up points galore behind the pair of them. Hardly needed added spice after the abandoned game earlier this season !

flyr
21/04/2011, 10:05 AM
cobhs last home game is the local derby against midelton.

greengrass
22/04/2011, 6:53 PM
glasheen play blarney at home at some stage alright
i think it could be a tall order for cobh but there well in the mix if they get a result against CC
midleton-blarney has all the ingredients to be a brilliant game this weekend
i certainly dont see any one of the teams holding back
they both need the win and i imagine they would both dearly love to send each other down to the first division as a result of the last fixture between the 2 teams
i know where i will be sunday morning anyway :D
its really between these four now as far as i can see
this weekend will be crucial for all involved

ringmahon4ever
23/04/2011, 10:20 AM
the battle for second place is gonna be interesting aswell.ringmahon might be the dark horses for the silver medal ha ha

villaman10
23/04/2011, 1:05 PM
glasheen play blarney at home at some stage alright
i think it could be a tall order for cobh but there well in the mix if they get a result against CC
midleton-blarney has all the ingredients to be a brilliant game this weekend
i certainly dont see any one of the teams holding back
they both need the win and i imagine they would both dearly love to send each other down to the first division as a result of the last fixture between the 2 teams
i know where i will be sunday morning anyway :D
its really between these four now as far as i can see
this weekend will be crucial for all involved

can't really see there being any trouble at this game, as long as the ''player'' (use the term player very loosely) from blarney is not involved!! two good clubs reputation shouldn't be tarnished by one clown's actions!! meet you for a half time cuppa greengrass?? might go down myself and watch it!!!

greengrass
23/04/2011, 3:45 PM
can't really see there being any trouble at this game, as long as the ''player'' (use the term player very loosely) from blarney is not involved!! two good clubs reputation shouldn't be tarnished by one clown's actions!! meet you for a half time cuppa greengrass?? might go down myself and watch it!!!

from what my buddy tells me the said player will not take any part in this fixture
i agree with ya that the 2 clubs arent known for thuggery so hopefully the fixture is played in a good manner
the 2 of them could use the 3 points.
if this weather keeps up i shall see you there villaman

ringmahon4ever
24/04/2011, 11:40 AM
lost 3-2 to douglas hall this morn.great game.very good team.

flyr
24/04/2011, 12:36 PM
cobh lost 4-1 to cc this morning went there without 4 first 11 players.they didnt even ring our anything to let us know they would not be there and this was a must win game..............THANKS LADS???

greengrass
24/04/2011, 1:05 PM
midleton 1 blarney 2

2 goals in the first half from blarney,
midleton pulled one back midway through the second half after a terrible mix up wit the blaney keeper
blarney saw the game out though and picked up a much needed 3 points
the game was good natured bar a couple of handbag incidents which were to be expected but overall the 2 teams behaved admirably
blarney defender was sent off with 15 ta go for a second yellow

greengrass
24/04/2011, 1:07 PM
cobh lost 4-1 to cc this morning went there without 4 first 11 players.they didnt even ring our anything to let us know they would not be there and this was a must win game..............THANKS LADS???

thats a disgrace flyr,
after all yer good work recently ye were in with a big shout of staying up

villaman10
24/04/2011, 4:05 PM
midleton 1 blarney 2

2 goals in the first half from blarney,
midleton pulled one back midway through the second half after a terrible mix up wit the blaney keeper
blarney saw the game out though and picked up a much needed 3 points
the game was good natured bar a couple of handbag incidents which were to be expected but overall the 2 teams behaved admirably
blarney defender was sent off with 15 ta go for a second yellow

blarney well worth the win, midleton are in big trouble!! good natured game, red was two yellow cards not nasty or anything

greengrass
26/04/2011, 4:09 PM
cobh were reallly in with a shout till this weekend,they will need to win there last 2 and hope other results go there way but it seems a big ask now
they can put midleton in massive trouble if they win..

i think im correct in saying that a douglas win will seal the title
if they draw then mount will have to win there 3 remaining games and hope douglas dont pick up any points in there last couple of games
i was told the other day that mount have douglas twice to play in the league still so a mount win would really heat things up
they also meet in the senior cup tuesday night

Glenbuck
26/04/2011, 4:16 PM
cobh were reallly in with a shout till this weekend,they will need to win there last 2 and hope other results go there way but it seems a big ask now
they can put midleton in massive trouble if they win..

i think im correct in saying that a douglas win will seal the title
if they draw then mount will have to win there 3 remaining games and hope douglas dont pick up any points in there last couple of games
i was told the other day that mount have douglas twice to play in the league still so a mount win would really heat things up
they also meet in the senior cup tuesday nightJunior super cup next week

greengrass
26/04/2011, 4:30 PM
Junior super cup next week

my bad glenbuck

Glenbuck
27/04/2011, 4:47 PM
didnt see any predictions there lads :)

glasheen i see beat CC last night..HUGE win for them....looking at the table everton are not out of the woods yet especially if midleton go and beat cobh at the weekend...its hard to imagine a club of the stature of everton/midleton/blarney bot being able to compete in the junior premier division

i predict cobh blarney for drop, mount to snatch the league and midleton to win super cupWhatever about the 2 to go down I think Hall have lge in the bag.

greengrass
28/04/2011, 5:29 PM
big win for glasheen
there game against blarney has extra meaning now
cobh are gone and midleton will follow from what i saw last weekend anyway

greengrass
28/04/2011, 5:31 PM
didnt see any predictions there lads :)

glasheen i see beat CC last night..HUGE win for them....looking at the table everton are not out of the woods yet especially if midleton go and beat cobh at the weekend...its hard to imagine a club of the stature of everton/midleton/blarney bot being able to compete in the junior premier division

i predict cobh blarney for drop, mount to snatch the league and midleton to win super cup

Hall have the league sewn up regardless of the result friday night and i think you have firmly nailed your flag to the mast red and white predicting midleton for the cup
i cant see them getting past bandon,,very optimistic at the least for your part

greengrass
29/04/2011, 10:04 AM
i would still be scepticle about midleton winning ,
luck of the draw in the cup i suppose,
travelling to bandon on a thursday night isnt the ideal fixture to have either
losing to both glasheen and blarney at home in the space of 1 week will hurt them no end
i think if they had to face any other team than cobh this weekend they would be in trouble but they should see themselves through
we are in for a cracking end to the season

AvondaleNutter
29/04/2011, 8:52 PM
douglas hall are champs, 3 0 they beat rockmount! well deserved

greengrass
29/04/2011, 10:31 PM
congratulations to douglas hall on the title
they were by far the outstanding team in the league this year
well deserved

Glenbuck
30/04/2011, 10:19 AM
congratulations to douglas hall on the title
they were by far the outstanding team in the league this year
well deservedCredit where its due. Fair play.

ball-hop
30/04/2011, 11:00 AM
Great league win, very convincing. Congratulations to everyone involved with the team.

Sparky
04/05/2011, 12:13 PM
Excellent team who try and play ball. By far best in league this year. They beat the big teams when it mattered and had a strong 14 player panel which makes all the difference. Rockmount and Mayfield pushed them so fair play to them too for giving it a go. Well done Douglas hall.

greengrass
08/05/2011, 6:08 PM
so after this weekend it looks like midleton are favourites to go down with only 1 game left
i wasnt at there game this morning but from the 3 nil score line it seems they arent exactly going down fighting
still a bit to go in this relegation battle though,
glasheen arent safe yet but with 2 games to play and with blarney 2 games to play they should see themselves right
we could be going all the way to the last games of the season to see what happens
exciting stuff at the foot of the junior table this year

villaman10
08/05/2011, 7:07 PM
Midleton have two games left carrig at home and blarney away and blarney have 3 games carrig at home midleton at home and dunno the last game they have

greengrass
08/05/2011, 7:10 PM
Midleton have two games left carrig at home and blarney away and blarney have 3 games carrig at home midleton at home and dunno the last game they have

blarney midleton game was abandoned and the ruling by the msl was a draw
it just isnt up on the table on the website from what im told

villaman10
09/05/2011, 5:48 PM
blarney midleton game was abandoned and the ruling by the msl was a draw
it just isnt up on the table on the website from what im told

i remember some 1 saying that on here alright, but a source in midletons camp are insisting that that game is being replayed and that no points have been awarded as they have heard nothing about the ''decision'' to award a draw!! surley the msl would of have tell both clubs involved if they had made a decision????! i can see controversy on the horizon

greengrass
09/05/2011, 6:29 PM
that does sound juicy alright
my buddy told me months ago what the said players ban was,how much the club was fined and that the result stands at 1 all
watch this space maybe.........

Gobias
09/05/2011, 6:47 PM
that does sound juicy alright
my buddy told me months ago what the said players ban was,how much the club was fined and that the result stands at 1 all
watch this space maybe.........

Sounds like a miss communication within the MSL about the result.
I'm sure they made sure they got the money from the fines at least (would never be any miss communication when it comes to them getting money from clubs /players)

greengrass
09/05/2011, 7:20 PM
I'm sure they made sure they got the money from the fines at least (would never be any miss communication when it comes to them getting money from clubs /players)

i have no doubt the fines are in the msl coffers already
as far as the result goes i was under the impression that it was set in stone already but surely midleton would have heard something

greengrass
10/05/2011, 11:11 AM
i remember some 1 saying that on here alright, but a source in midletons camp are insisting that that game is being replayed and that no points have been awarded as they have heard nothing about the ''decision'' to award a draw!! surley the msl would of have tell both clubs involved if they had made a decision????! i can see controversy on the horizon

points are up on the website for midleton blarney game

villaman10
10/05/2011, 11:49 AM
points are up on the website for midleton blarney game

looks like the msl have spies on this forum:-), maybe we should argue about other wrong doings!! seems to be the best way to get things done!!

villaman10
10/05/2011, 11:51 AM

soon as money was mentined the points and extra game automatically appear on the web site?? maybe i'm just a conspiracy theorist at heart?????

greengrass
10/05/2011, 11:53 AM
looks like the msl have spies on this forum:-), maybe we should argue about other wrong doings!! seems to be the best way to get things done!!

if only they would listen to the 2 week fixture debate now it would be great :D
they would have had to have that result up before this weekend anyway
talk about leaving it to the last minute

so midleton have to win and hope blarney slip up against carragaline and glasheen
or if blarney beat glasheen on sunday and midleton win its glasheen going down
all the way to the last day,,thats the job

villaman10
10/05/2011, 12:01 PM
if only they would listen to the 2 week fixture debate now it would be great :D
they would have had to have that result up before this weekend anyway
talk about leaving it to the last minute

so midleton have to win and hope blarney slip up against carragaline and glasheen
or if blarney beat glasheen on sunday and midleton win its glasheen going down
all the way to the last day,,thats the job

unless you mention money in your'e post greengrass they dont seem to respond:-)
ya 2 week is the way forward, even the way it is at the monent where they can show the midweek fixtures the monday before shows it can be done!!

greengrass
10/05/2011, 1:54 PM
unless you mention money in your'e post greengrass they dont seem to respond:-)
ya 2 week is the way forward, even the way it is at the monent where they can show the midweek fixtures the monday before shows it can be done!!

i suppose its the way of life as far as the mention of money is concerned,
it grabs peoples attention

it can definetely be done as the aul hav proved this season
an improvement for next season hopefully
and as someone said on a previous post on the senior thread it would get more people watching the games to scout who they have the week after
i dont see any losers with it like except the headache the fixture secretary might get the odd time :D

villaman10
13/05/2011, 3:49 PM
Were Blarney and Carrigaline playing last night???? any reports there deosnt seem to be anything up on the MSL website and have to agree about the point on the AUL fixture list when you consider they have a lot more teams to be dealing with and there doesnt seem to be any complaints either

villaman10
13/05/2011, 5:16 PM
Just heard Blarney lost 3-0 make the final day of the season very interesting

greengrass
14/05/2011, 3:50 PM
it was 4-3 to carragaline