PDA

View Full Version : Munster Senior League - Junior Divisions

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34

pirlo
16/03/2014, 8:46 PM
Pirlo let's be honest here now .

Ringmahon lost one game that's all . We just as easy could of beat Cors today an they still would be in a great position .

How at this stage of the season they have managed to play the hall twice is up for debate . I'd like to think the 2 trips to the Mahon will be difficult . They have so many games to play it's ridiculous .

Sure in this league any game can be awkard .

Ringmahon lost at home , I kno no more than that.

They have taken 1 point from a possible 9, that's not the form of potential champions.

littleman
16/03/2014, 10:08 PM
This is junior football,,,,.. Form plays no part

Bodie
17/03/2014, 10:49 AM
As I said last week Cors league with games to spare. Littleman I commend your committment and positivity to be fair its great to see and in my day would have loved to have played under someone like you. A close knit dressing room is created by people like you and guys get life time friends and memories from times like that.
Happy St Patricks Day all

Im_not_stirring
18/03/2014, 10:10 AM
lads there don't seem to be any talk of midelton. there far from out of it. i mentioned a few weeks ago about the hall sneaking back into it. for me there is only 1 team now that can lose the league and thats cors. granted there is a few in with a shout but lets be honest cors seem to grind out results week in week out. there is alot of talk of the situation with the seniors but that seems to be coming from themselves maybe to take a bit of pressure off. have to agree with you pirlo bad few weeks for ringmahon. there next one is massive for there league hopes now. from your point of view littleman ye just have to be positive and hope what happened to ye with carrig happens to cors (a few times), that really proves how tight the league is , carrig when from near cert relegation contenders to jump half way up the table in a matter of weeks.
looking forward to the next few weeks.

Im_not_stirring
18/03/2014, 10:16 AM
as a matter of interest littleman , who was the ref?

littleman
18/03/2014, 11:24 AM
Not getting into the name game INS . Far as I'm concerned games over . Everyone's entitled to an off day .

With regards to the league all this talk of it being one teams to loose is ridiculous . The silly season is fast approaching when 3 games in a week will be on us all an very quickly things will change . All it will take is for clubs seniors an juniors to be given a game on the same day or evening an then as with every season results will go against the grain .

Far as I'm concerned all that happened Sunday was we lost one game, who ever strings the best results together for the remainder of the season will win it an it's still wide open . If the shoe was on the other foot I wouldn't be rubbing my hands thinking we have the league in the bag after beating our rivals knowing we have so many games left to play . Especially when every side in the league will be the ones who want to rack up the first win against you .

3 maybe 4 games left towards the end an it will be far easier to see who's best placed .

For me it's never been about just Cors, there's 3 or 4 sides that have it in them to win the league an the remainder on any given day can pull off the unexpected .

That's why I think it's far from over.

pirlo
23/03/2014, 2:31 PM
Site has gone very quiet lads, any updates from league or cup games?

Sparks
23/03/2014, 2:40 PM
Site has gone very quiet lads, any updates from league or cup games?
I see Fermoy striped of 3 points again.i wonder will they go on strike again this season? Whats that now 3 times in 3 seasons?

ringmahon4ever
23/03/2014, 5:05 PM
Gone quiet everyone keeping their cards close to their chest ha ha .jnr a beat Brooklodge 3 1 jnr b beat temple 5 2 . Both teams into quarter finals and boyh teams in semis this weekend great for club . Wat happened in fermoy game?

littleman
23/03/2014, 5:17 PM
Took in the game this morning down in Ringmahon as we had no game over the weekend .Typical Sunday morning junior game, lots of huffin an puffin . Reports of Ringmahons demise have been greatly exaggerated . Had plenty of numbers this morning an no little effort . An I agree it
Is a great achivement to see two club sides in the semis of the junior league cup .

Busy week ahead of us , tomorrow's game against Douglas hall athletic should be a tough test . Only heard good things about them .

Kick off tomorrow nite is at 7:30,,,, bring gloves , a hat an a heavy jacket, supposed ta get very cold

pirlo
23/03/2014, 5:50 PM
Took in the game this morning down in Ringmahon as we had no game over the weekend .Typical Sunday morning junior game, lots of huffin an puffin . Reports of Ringmahons demise have been greatly exaggerated . Had plenty of numbers this morning an no little effort . An I agree it
Is a great achivement to see two club sides in the semis of the junior league cup .

Busy week ahead of us , tomorrow's game against Douglas hall athletic should be a tough test . Only heard good things about them .

Kick off tomorrow nite is at 7:30,,,, bring gloves , a hat an a heavy jacket, supposed ta get very cold

Just spoke to my neighbour who ref'd Midleton v Youghal. Supposedly Midleton won at a canter with a lot of their u18s on display. Youghal must be really struggling.

moonman
23/03/2014, 8:23 PM
I see Fermoy striped of 3 points again.i wonder will they go on strike again this season? Whats that now 3 times in 3 seasons?

sparks im sure if you were training hard all year and the league turned around and screwed your team because there house wasnt in order than im sure you would have been ****ed off too. Fermoy were promoted as champions that year and the jump was always going to be difficult with the league going against them too. As a small town club with all local lads involved every point is hard worked for and earned so less of the crap as i no that club put alot of time and effort in and dont need the likes of you coming on here slating them !!!

Sparks
24/03/2014, 8:14 AM
sparks im sure if you were training hard all year and the league turned around and screwed your team because there house wasnt in order than im sure you would have been ****ed off too. Fermoy were promoted as champions that year and the jump was always going to be difficult with the league going against them too. As a small town club with all local lads involved every point is hard worked for and earned so less of the crap as i no that club put alot of time and effort in and dont need the likes of you coming on here slating them !!!

Who's slating who? I pointed out this is the third season in a row there in trouble. Did the league make a mistake by awarding carrigaline the 3 points?you seem too know more then the rest of us

moonman
24/03/2014, 10:18 AM
Who's slating who? I pointed out this is the third season in a row there in trouble. Did the league make a mistake by awarding carrigaline the 3 points?you seem too know more then the rest of us

the league were right this time for a change

littleman
24/03/2014, 9:34 PM
Junior Super Cup

Mayfield 1 Douglas Hall Athletic 2

Head wrecker of a game. Knowone said football is fair . The best side dose'nt always win . I'm always gracious in defeat but this was hard to take , played as well as iv seen us all season . Really can't beleive we lost this an especially in such a manner .

Dominated the game for large parts , created chances an played some fantastic football . But the idea is to put the small round thing into the big rectangle thing , an we didn't , no matter how hard we tried .

Fair dues to Douglas athletic decent side . Best of luck in the quaters .

All we can do is pick ourselves up an dust ourselves down , best thing about football is when it knocks ya down in the worst way , the very next game ya get the opertuinity for glory again , we ain't dead yet !!!!!!

fifa
25/03/2014, 9:49 AM
Well as far as the super cup goes ye are!!!

Im_not_stirring
25/03/2014, 9:56 PM
looking forward to the semis this week hoping to take both in, so i presume cors are big favs & a flick of a coin in the other one. both will be looking to get one over the other in the cup for the league run in. no games at top of the league unless you fancy hall to get back into it , they have alot more played then the other 4 and 2nd but think they might have left it to late. looks like a battle at the other end now to with 3 going down so there could be a few surprising results next few weeks as you predicted littleman.

littleman
25/03/2014, 10:48 PM
Half a season is going to be compacted ok to 4 or 5 weeks once the clocks go back or forward Sunday :)

collcorforever
29/03/2014, 9:23 PM
Corinthians won after a pen shoot out 5 4

good game...cors 2 up but pegged back and it was 50 50 in extra time.

Roll on the final

littleman
30/03/2014, 10:35 AM
Game off, pitch like a bog

Game refixed for next Saturday at 6 pm in our place

ringmahon4ever
30/03/2014, 2:00 PM
Will that be on grass or astro turf

littleman
30/03/2014, 2:19 PM
The astro . We have no other choice .

tweety
30/03/2014, 2:43 PM
The astro . We have no other choice .
Of course ye have a choice,ye have two grass pitches up there and ye still choose to play on a Allweather,crazy really when ye do have a choice.

FootballMad
30/03/2014, 3:15 PM
If junior players play in a senior cup are they cup tied for junior cups ??

ringmahon4ever
30/03/2014, 3:47 PM
yeah this is true. Have you info :D

fifa
30/03/2014, 4:43 PM
Your man flick scored the winning penalty yesterday thought someone on here said he's a senior player came on as a sub total stupidity by cors if he is

littleman
30/03/2014, 4:55 PM
Tweety who ruffled your feathers !

The use of the term " WE HAVE NO OTHER CHOICE "would denote that I do not have an alternate grass pitch at my disposal that would have the same dimensions as the astro and afford us the same favourable conditions , ie nice flat surface .

We do not have that alternate pitch so in effect we have no choice .

Hence my original answer to Ringmahons question .

As a club rule the senior pitch is for the seniors only and the bottom pitch is for the underage when it eventually firms up enough with all this rain . The 3 rd grass pitch is only for the under 12s an 11s .

I hope that clears the matter up .

Sparks
30/03/2014, 4:56 PM
I said that. I was told by the Cor's junior manager "flicks gone senior" he didn't say he transferred and he didn't say he played 5 games either. As for if he played in senior cup I've no idea

littleman
30/03/2014, 4:59 PM
With respect football mad the best person to answer that question would be the league secretary .

The rule book can be left open to interpritation .

FootballMad
30/03/2014, 5:01 PM
yeah this is true. Have you info :D might do !

collcorforever
30/03/2014, 5:14 PM
Only registered junior players can play in junior cup....flick signed junior

Best of luck next year

FootballMad
30/03/2014, 5:20 PM
So a junior player can play in a senior cup and still play in junior cup !

fifa
30/03/2014, 6:16 PM
Only registered junior players can play in junior cup....flick signed junior

Best of luck next year
If you play 5 senior games or a senior cup game your classed as a senior player in the junior cups

FootballMad
30/03/2014, 6:38 PM
Oh right you'd wonder why Mayfield juniors would leave one of there players come on for there seniors today when they know they'd be cuptied !!!

Im_not_stirring
30/03/2014, 7:51 PM
To the best of my knowledge if you play even one senior game your cup tied , think this is what happened with douglas hall (this yr.) and other teams last year when a few got dumped out. Is there a question here whether cors used seniors against ringmahon yesterday. Ringmahon came back from 2 nil to 2-1 and got a man send off and dragged cors to peno's. Favourites got a little scare. There looking good now. Did cors use a player that played senior seems to be the claim on here.

Im_not_stirring
30/03/2014, 7:54 PM
Littleman I would think you must be happy with that game being changed to your place , it def gives ye some edge. Maybe not to big an advantage but def some with the astro. Any other results from the wkd lads.

tweety
30/03/2014, 7:55 PM
Oh right you'd wonder why Mayfield juniors would leave one of there players come on for there seniors today when they know they'd be cuptied !!!

Mayfield are knocked out of that cup,but wonder will it affect them in the other league cup,will the player be cup tied for that also,and flick cannot play any junior cup competition now with corinthians as he has played 5 senior games.This could be bad news for corinthians if he did play for them in the cup.

Im_not_stirring
30/03/2014, 8:05 PM
With respect football mad the best person to answer that question would be the league secretary .

The rule book can be left open to interpritation .

depending on what club its dealing with LOL

Im_not_stirring
30/03/2014, 8:16 PM
Not much in the way of league action this weekend was there. I couldn't beleive mayfield would let one of there players play senior when they have a semi in cup this weekend. From whats being said here it looks like cors could have problem to but i couldn't see them making this mistake after all the hype in recent times about seniors in junior competions. Ringmahon got through to semi over hall making a mistake like that.

FootballMad
30/03/2014, 8:19 PM
Centre back came on in second half

Im_not_stirring
30/03/2014, 8:25 PM
Centre back came on in second half
For who???

littleman
30/03/2014, 8:26 PM
Some of this is utter rubbish

Im_not_stirring
30/03/2014, 8:31 PM
Some of this is utter rubbish
Seems like that alright , lots of people pm me littleman asking for my spoon. :)

fifa
30/03/2014, 8:49 PM
What's rubbish littleman?

collcorforever
30/03/2014, 9:10 PM
Cool the jets......he is registered junior...never played senior cup and is ALLOWED play junior.

fifa
30/03/2014, 9:17 PM
Cool the jets......he is registered junior...never played senior cup and is ALLOWED play junior.
Has he played 5 or more senior games though if he has he's a SENIOR player and then is not ALLOWED play junior cup

Im_not_stirring
30/03/2014, 9:22 PM
I saw some of the game and not sure what player ye are talking about. I think what the ringmahon lads on here are wondering is if he has played senior because if so even one game it could be trouble for ye ( i'm not sure of that) . Good win in tough conditions yesterday. Nearly paid for not getting the 3rd. Real battle of a game.
Always something :ball: :confused:

Im_not_stirring
30/03/2014, 10:32 PM
Mayfield are knocked out of that cup,but wonder will it affect them in the other league cup,will the player be cup tied for that also,and flick cannot play any junior cup competition now with corinthians as he has played 5 senior games.This could be bad news for corinthians if he did play for them in the cup.

Who is the cup tied player usually littleman seems on the ball about these things. Any truth in this littleman?
Whats all this about flick?? and who is he?? you would think the league would just make a clear statement on the site to stop all this rubbish. Is there still a chance of a all ringmahon final or not lads?????

FootballMad
31/03/2014, 7:15 AM
Some of this is utter rubbishyear main centre back came on yesterday no point in saying any different !!

razor
31/03/2014, 7:37 AM
So basically what we're saying here is that nobody knows the exact rules and everyone is surmising / stirring.
Don't go making any assumptions lads, get the facts right and if someone has a link to the actual rules please post them.